Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Tony01
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

What's your "the one that got away" that you regret the most - game you were going to buy, but didn't, or game you sold/traded and regret?

For me, it was selling an Elvira last year that had very low play and was almost pristine.

Messed up twice on the same game, as I had an opportunity to buy it back, but asked out of the deal because my wife said she absolutely hated the game.

#2 9 years ago

I regret selling my Tales of the Arabian Nights a couple of years ago .
    The price has doubled since then .
    And it is hard to find these days .

#3 9 years ago

When I bought my first pin last year (ToM), the seller imparted the following advice:
    NEVER sell your first pin
    You'll never have enough space or money
    Buy as many as you can before you get married

Pretty solid advice all around.

#4 9 years ago

Gottlieb Robowar showed up on local Craigslist for $650, emailed as soon as I saw it (same day listing was posted) but I was already too late.

#5 9 years ago

Dirty but fine and working Williams Indiana Jones for 400 eur that sold for hour or two after being posted on ads. At that time didn't even had 400 eur to spend on pinballs. Sadly, I still don't

#6 9 years ago

1967Bally surfers

#7 9 years ago

My 2010 Spidey that I bought with about 50 games on it. Mind you it had a couple thousand by the time it went. Still, never gonna find that again.

#8 9 years ago

More of a "regret not buying" but a few years ago I was at a yard sale that had a Data East Star Wars. It was market priced for the time... at the time I thought prices were high so I walked away with about $200 separating me and the seller. I think it would have been fun for my (at the time) pre-teen son to have it in the house and, like most on the "B" list, you can reasonably expect to get your cash back when you sell.

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets

#9 9 years ago

Swords of Fury. A female real estate agent had it in the garage of a property she was selling and I was trying to arrange to get it for around a month, and during the time passing on other potential games that were for sale because my cash was reserved for the SoF. She came up with some weird excuses like "we can't get the garage door open", and the whole situation seemed strange. I would wait days for responses from emails, yet she then accused me of pestering her too much after weeks had passed. I finally gave up. That's the one that got away that still bothers me to this day.

#10 9 years ago

Almost got a banzai run... it's never a done deal till the game is loaded up

#11 9 years ago

Scared stiff but I bought another one that should be here next week

#12 9 years ago

Last year a local flipper I deal with stopped by at 8:30 AM with a Addams Family & I missed him. He wanted $2500 cash that day for it. Long story but I found out he was here about 5 minutes after he pulled out of my driveway and called him but he had already sold it to someone else.

I have bought a bunch of machines off this guy over the past 5 years or so hoping for the one "great deal" I might get from him some day and wouldn't you know the day the great deal came I didn't answer the door.

He has called me first every other time he had something for me but this time he just stopped by without calling and I missed him. It took me weeks before I stopped beating myself up over missing him.

#13 9 years ago

Jack in the Box. I got one for free. But someone else local said he was really looking for one for a customer of his. So it was in my garage for a night, and I gave it away (also for free) the next day. I had never played it, so had no idea what I was missing. About 6 months later I was playing Jumping Jack (the 2 player version) at Silverball Museum and fell in love with the game. The game has been on my radar ever since. I never should have let the one I had go. And the bummer is, the guy I gave it to never restored it. As far as I know it's still sitting, unplayed and unloved. At least I learned a lesson.

#15 9 years ago

I've passed on a few good deals I wish I bought. One was a package deal for a BOP, NGG and FG. I didn't feel like shuffling funds around at the time and passed the deal on to a friend with the caveat that I got BOP at cost since I had cash on hand for a game in that range, though I wish I had FG and NGG...they were really nice ones.

Sold my NF for lower than I should of because of a bad situation and needed the funds to finish my TAFG which was another part of the deal. Hate the situation dictated that, and I still didn't make out bad, just not the way I hoped.

Passed on a nice $700 Catacomb on ebay, a $425 Game Show, as well as a $600 Big Guns. Just waited too late to pull the trigger on the Big Guns, it was an auction parking lot deal.

#16 9 years ago

Cyclone, and still losing sleep over it. I still haven't found a nice one and a decent price.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-one-that-got-away and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.