• 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Chambahz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2017-05-26 at 8.39.30 AM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brad808.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I have some bad news to report. After 3 years of playing the game that I thought had perfect code I accidentally discovered what I consider a bit of a let down and oversight. The issue is this: while playing couch multiball and completing a run of 4 hurry ups you are awarded nothing (except the normal hurry up points obviously). Normally you would be awarded a couch lock for the streak. I'm sure some people will argue that you are already playing the couch multiball so of course you shouldn't be awarded a lock. In this particular case I don't feel that stands up that well. I think if throughout the entire rest of the game you would be given the award for something semi difficult to achieve it should be added towards advancing your next multiball. It is an earned award after all and not the regular method of activating locks (which I agree shouldn't be active during couch multiball obviously). That along with the fact that something easier to achieve, 3 hurry up i&s advance streak and all other hurry up awards are still given. If you don't get a couch lock it should at least do something like give you the itchy advance (which would be a "step down" in awards) but better than nothing or possibly activate another hurry up to allow you to go for the 5 hurry up streak and get the extra ball, maybe just a bonus chunk of points, anything really. Instead your achievement awards you nothing that I can tell. You are almost strategically better off not going for the higher award and simply cashing out at a streak of 3 unless you want to risk going for 5. I might be wrong and missing some other award you gain but from my basic experiments tonight it doesn't look like it. Welp guess I need to sell this crappy game with junk code now .

As a side note I'm curious if anyone has ever seen a garage award for lock while playing multiball and been awarded nothing or if it's been programmed to simply not award that during couch multiball. If it was thought of for this example it should have also been thought of for the hurry up awards.

#5 6 years ago

Yeah it just stuck me as odd that at every other point in the game you are awarded except during couch multiball. During couch multiball:

3 hurry ups = advance itchy
4 hurry ups = N/A
5 hurry ups = light extra ball
6 hurry ups = light special

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from SpiffyRob:

At the same time, the odds of me actually hitting four hurry ups during multiball are slim enough. The odds of me doing it, realizing it, and being aware of the missing award are basically non-existent.

Haha yes it's taken me a long time, a lot of play, and admittedly being overly critical of the code to finally find something in TSPP that stands out as being off. It hasn't ruined the game for me and I won't be demanding an update from Stern any time soon . When the rest of the game is so genius it's just hard to get behind the logic here in this one particular instance of the rules. The deeper you get into the game though the more every progression counts!

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Sorry dude I just made a mistake/bug, that's all.
If that's the worst you find, I'm generally OK with that.

Yep that's all I got fortunately . It's still my favorite by a long distance!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brad808.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-one-problem-with-tspp-code?tu=brad808 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.