Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 77 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by daddyxxx
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 8 years ago

Jungle Lord.

I have a working project that I picked up that didn't work 100%, but could be played.

Corrosion was significant, so I picked up a rottendog MPU/driver to save time. Gameplay still was not 100%.

It turned out there were power issues too, so I picked up a power board too (can't remember if it's rottendog or other, I think other).

That got it the machine up to 95%, but there were bugs in the game play, it would sometimes lose track of drop targets and the countdown timer to reset them.

Then one day it went completely down, no displays, no gameplay.

I'm in the process of restoring the original MPU and driver boards now. I have displays back and diagnostic codes, just not back playable yet. I think actually that I might just need to put in new roms and I'll be fine now, the boards were sitting on a table for a a month or so before I realized they got full sun during part of the day - ie would have wiped the eproms. I haven't gotten to installing them yet - hoping that when I do I'll be back to 100%.

#52 8 years ago

So far it looks like tz the winner for not be 100%, and sttng about right there too....

#53 8 years ago

Only one? That would be cool. Hope I can get there someday.

#54 8 years ago

STTNG.....It got to the point where I was afraid to turn it on when guests were over, because something else might go wrong. Great gameplay, but wasn't worth the hassle for me.

#55 8 years ago

I've never had one game that kept me busy more than others, but I do have one mech that I hate. The damn auto launch is the bane of my existence. I've never gotten one to fire a ball correct 100% of the time.

That and the trough kickout. Somehow I end up with games that will kick out a ball, it will bounce off the rail and go right back into the trough. I still can't get that tweaked out 100%.

#56 8 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

STTNG.....It got to the point where I was afraid to turn it on when guests were over, because something else might go wrong. Great gameplay, but wasn't worth the hassle for me.

Nothing more irritating when you have people over and your pin doesn't work

#57 8 years ago

Obviously no one here owns a Black Knight.

#58 8 years ago

My first love and machine...Firepower. I have restored this thing from the ground up and it still isn't working right. Sure is a beautiful machine now...man I'd love to play it!!!

#59 8 years ago

Something about the wide body's always issues

Quoted from Sarge:Guns and FN Roses...
And runner up STTNG

#60 8 years ago

Sttng for me! I have had mine for 12 years now and i still have this opto issue that i cannot find the solution for.

#61 8 years ago

Doctor Who for me. I can never get my MPF to stay aligned properly.

#62 8 years ago

So far sttngis taking the lead

Quoted from Dirk:Sttng for me! I have had mine for 12 years now and i still have this opto issue that i cannot find the solution for.

#63 8 years ago

I haven't owned that many in my time in this hobby, but Johnny Mnemonic is definitely the one with the most problems. Totally rebuilt the hand and it still never worked right. Seemed like it was always something with that pin. Happy to see it leave.

#64 8 years ago

Great I've committed to buying ST TNG which so far looks to be in great shape and now everyone says it's hard to keep going? It is going to be looked at by a tech but I'm a little concerned.

#65 8 years ago

My buddy had a sttng alot of issues, old pin with alot of stuff going on in the insides, if you got a good tech you should be alright

#66 8 years ago
Quoted from cards25:

I haven't owned that many in my time in this hobby, but Johnny Mnemonic is definitely the one with the most problems. Totally rebuilt the hand and it still never worked right. Seemed like it was always something with that pin. Happy to see it leave.

My JM is the same as yours. Unfortunately I enjoy the 95% game play too much to even think selling. The hand is the pita! Main issue is it always picks up two balls. I have bent the whole mechanism gently upward toward the sky, I have replaced x & y nuts, new magnet and hand switch....still nogo. I think the pin laughs at me behind my back....no wait! It laughs at me in front of my back and while I'm playing! UGH!

#67 8 years ago

After owning two of them, Black Hole is a PITA. Still a cool game however. I agree the mist ball on BSD can also be tricky, but that pin is fun and challenging regardless. If any pin works 100% for more than 6 months, the owner probably prays regularly and is blessed by God himself.

#68 8 years ago
Quoted from Warbound:

My JM is the same as yours. Unfortunately I enjoy the 95% game play too much to even think selling. The hand is the pita! Main issue is it always picks up two balls. I have bent the whole mechanism gently upward toward the sky, I have replaced x & y nuts, new magnet and hand switch....still nogo. I think the pin laughs at me behind my back....no wait! It laughs at me in front of my back and while I'm playing! UGH!

Yeah, I'm not saying it wasn't a fun game. It was a blast to play, probably the fastest game I have ever played. Just got sick of constantly f..ing with the hand.

#69 8 years ago

I was looking at my '94 notes. My tech, who maintained a very large route, told me to avoid SS, IJ, STTNG, and we sold TZ and FH because of problems we couldn't reasonably fix. Things have obviously changed. For example, the replacement metal arc above the scoop in my AFM can't be bent back like the original.

#70 8 years ago

In my collection, black hole is the one keeping me busy "under the hood"

#71 8 years ago

Mine from order from most work to least work...

Jurassic Park (#2) - New DMD, New DMD Driver Board, New CPU, New Coils, Re-Soldering, etc., etc., etc.
Johnny Mnemonic - Had intermittent hand issues. Final fix seemed to be re-soldering the board.
Jurassic Park (#1) - Minor tweaks here and there, but overall a solid machine.
Pin*Bot - No issues so far, but I've owned it for less then a year.
Fish Tales - This thing was rock solid. Owned it for five years and it always fired up like a champ.

#72 8 years ago

My Space Shuttle is a constant battle.

#73 8 years ago

No one has mentioned Addams Family!
Always something, just when you get the bookcase right, the swamp will curse you, then its a flipper, a target, that darn ramp, now sling shots have been acting up. Curse of the Addams!

#74 8 years ago

Champion Pub.....Speed bag assy blows switchmatrix IC's at CPU board and more.......heavy bag assy wiring breaks, and breaks and breaks and..... Arms from boxer breaks and breaks again.....then the rope starts turning again and never stops....., gearbox rope motor starts leaking oil....opto nearby doesn't like that..... Nice game but a ***** to maintain......

#75 8 years ago
Quoted from MarAlb:

Champion Pub.....Speed bag assy blows switchmatrix IC's at CPU board and more.......heavy bag assy wiring breaks, and breaks and breaks and..... Arms from boxer breaks and breaks again.....then the rope starts turning again and never stops....., gearbox rope motor starts leaking oil....opto nearby doesn't like that..... Nice game but a ***** to maintain......

Quoted from MarAlb:

I love champion pub, but I couldn't own for all those reasons right there

#76 8 years ago

Gottlieb System 80 is always scary. I got rid of Black Hole because I had a feeling it was just going to fry one day. Never knew what it was going to do when I switched it on. All the boards were grounded (bullet proofed) and in excellent condition. But it still acted wonky all the time and theres not really any useful diagnostics.

#77 8 years ago

Any other pins?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-one-pinball-you-can-never-get-to-work-100/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.