4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 77 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by daddyxxx
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

Haunted house would be my vote

#2 4 years ago

STTNG is pretty good so far... just needs tweeking. Lots of tweeking.

#3 4 years ago

Space Shuttle. Constantly requiring adjustments of pop bumpers and switches. And because you can't lift the playfield up vertically without removing the ramps, it's a bear to work on.

#4 4 years ago

Joker Poker. Rockwell was the worst company ever. I honestly think that they hired workers directly off the street, with no qualifications at all, to design pinball parts.

#5 4 years ago

Restore of TZ I did in 2013. Still blowing fuses intermittent.

#6 4 years ago

Actually tz has been the worst for me, its unreal how much work i put into it and still not 100%

#7 4 years ago

Right now in my collection it is DW. Started having the reset issue, and my $&#^ optos in the mini PF are acting up.

#8 4 years ago

Mine are all rock solid. But the one that I've had the most issues with is TZ.

TZ was resetting intermittently for about the first 7 or 8 years I had it. Rebuilt J101, 102, 114, Z-connector, replaced BR2, C4, C5 and voltage regulator. It still would reset occasionally. About a year ago I put in an EZSBC LM323K switching regulator and it's been fine ever since. Fingers crossed.

#9 4 years ago

When I had TNG, I was always having to fix something. I'd also add another vote for Haunted House.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Right now in my collection it is DW. Started having the reset issue, and my $&#^ optos in the mini PF are acting up.

DW for me as well. I have all of my boards out right now with a local tech getting them bullet proofed. Hopefully it solves my problems.

#11 4 years ago

IJ POTD is a bitch.

#12 4 years ago

Noticed last weekend a guest had surprise multiball on STTNG. About a month ago I reflowed the optos and hadn't seen it since, but the problem has decided it wants to keep bugging me.

You can play 25 games in a row and mess around in switch test for an hour and it will be fine. 3 weeks later it will kick out a random ball during a game.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

IJ POTD is a bitch.

Now THAT would be a dream machine for me...a cross between IJ and LOTR!

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Now THAT would be a dream machine for me...a cross between IJ and LOTR!

Indiana Rings!

#15 4 years ago

I was thinking more Lord of the Jones.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I was thinking more Lord of the Jones.

Indiana Jones and the One Ring?

#17 4 years ago

Actually, now that you mention it, "Indiana Jones and the Lord of the Rings" sounds like it could be a fifth movie title.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Actually, now that you mention it, "Indiana Jones and the Lord of the Rings" sounds like it could be a fifth movie title.

As long as they leave out the aliens with that one, I'd go see it

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

As long as they leave out the aliens with that one, I'd go see it

The aliens ARE the rings.

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

The aliens ARE the rings.

What a tweeest!!

#22 4 years ago

I haven't owned one personally yet, but from what I've seen on locations around me The Shadow and White Water always seem to have at least something going wrong.

#23 4 years ago

Pins also give me the most problems are the ones from overseas, corrosion is a nightmare!

#24 4 years ago

My old Bally light sockets are always driving me crazy.

#25 4 years ago

My bally game show light sockets gave me problems, always something

#26 4 years ago

I don't think any pinball machine really ever works 100%. If you're like me at all, you always can think of something you could tweak a little more. This is a hobby for people with OCD.

#27 4 years ago

Ain't that the truth, ocd ain't no joke haha

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from GSones:

My old Bally light sockets are always driving me crazy.

Need some help changing all those bad bulb sockets?

#29 4 years ago

I have a TAF that I can't seem to keep going. One thing or another.

Also have an imported Getaway that always seems to to have board issues.

#31 4 years ago

The very used Pinbot I owned for 7 years had many issues over the years and sometimes I was afraid to turn it on to find out what had gone wrong since I last played it. However with much help from LTG, RGP and later Pinside eventually got it working well.
On the opposite end my RBION was very solid and had no problems with it. Wish I hadn't sold it.
Current pin has been Maverick because of the optos get out of alignment easily and some other issues. Still it's fun (when working).

#32 4 years ago

Guns and FN Roses...
And runner up STTNG

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from WesleyCowan:

The very used Pinbot I owned for 7 years had many issues over the years and sometimes I was afraid to turn it on to find out what had gone wrong since I last played it. However with much help from LTG, RGP and later Pinside eventually got it working well.
On the opposite end my RBION was very solid and had no problems with it. Wish I hadn't sold it.
Current pin has been Maverick because of the optos get out of alignment easily and some other issues. Still it's fun (when working).

My RBION was finnicky with the optos, they'd get a bit of dust on them and start going off when they shouldn't. Never any major problems though just needed some closer attention than others.

#34 4 years ago

sttng is always needing attention...but still a great pin.

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

IJ POTD is a bitch.

lol

Mean POA

#36 4 years ago

If there was a poll for anyone that owned a machine in their time, I would have to think STTNG would be the hands down winner by a landslide. I have never heard of another machine where so many wanted to keep it, but the fixes and maintenance literally drove them from the machine.

#37 4 years ago

STTNG was my biggest challenge, after a full rebuild, but it's working great now.

#38 4 years ago

BSD mist ball is up there too.

#39 4 years ago

Whichever one I am trying to fix...

#40 4 years ago

Judge Dredd with the deadworld mod got annoying

#41 4 years ago

all of them except for the ones I am selling...

#42 4 years ago

They all work 100%. I guess I just have the knack.

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

They all work 100%. I guess I just have the knack.
ยป YouTube video

#44 4 years ago

I had more than 80 pinball machine's in 37 jears.
The Data east are the most easy to repair of the modern pinball and less trouble shooting than wpc.
Black hole was the hardest to repair.
The same for ss bally easy , williams less easy.

#45 4 years ago

I am afraid to even mention anything, for fear my machines will hear it and get angry at me for talking behind their back and start acting up....

#46 4 years ago

I had a TZ that was a lemon from day one. It never worked 100% in all the time I owned it.

#47 4 years ago

I don't have it any more, but when I had RS, it was a constant battle to keep Red and Ted's eyes working properly. I don't miss that at all!

#48 4 years ago

Scarred Stiff. That damn spider hole VUK always seems to get flaky when multiple balls drop in.

#49 4 years ago

Devil's Dare...I've owned 6 of them to date & every one (including my current one) has had issues.

#50 4 years ago

Of all the games I've ever owned, my TZ was the biggest PIA. Finally got it working and the day I decided to sell, it crapped out on me.

Ghost in the machine...finally got it nailed-down to a bridge rectifier.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 999.00
4,750 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Boynton Beach, FL
There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside