(Topic ID: 92434)

The One and Done Pinball Podcast - Submit your podcast now!!! - UP AND RUNNING!!!

By RustyLizard

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 469 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by kimzupi
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    IMG_9059.JPG
    one_and_done_logo.jpg
    image.jpg
    image-709.jpg
    image-816.jpg
    image.jpg
    tb-dachshunds.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toyotaboy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 9 years ago

I don't know that you need a "kit"? Sure it's nice to have things professionally done, but for shows / events I think most people have a decent phone or pocket camera that can film HD. If you're just doing audio, most phones do a good job of that too (I have a pretty good audio technica usb mic for audio if I want higher quality). I like that Gene-x has become sort of an open source interview guy, though he's been mostly submitting to the pinball podcast.

If anyone records something, I'm sure any number of the half dozen pinball podcasts would be happy to get submitted audio for the show.

#32 9 years ago

Alright, I'm sorta digging this idea. RSS feed is in my podcatcher, curious what people will record now.

#42 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rush1169:

I'd think for a 2-way (or more) remote podcast, each person would need headphones (to listen to the conversation) along with the mic, of course. How it's recorded, I'm not sure yet . . . Anyone?

I know the "pinball podcast", as well as a bunch of other podcasts skypes in for continuity (could be a cellphone for that matter), but each party records their own audio on their own computer, then one of them sends his audio to the other, then both are spliced together into a single file using audacity (just have to make sure they line up). That's how you get a good quality audio podcast that makes it sound like they're in the same room.

I've got the audio technica usb mic with condenser and it records beautifully:
    http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-AT2020-USB-Condenser-Microphone/dp/B001AS6OYC/ref=sr_1_1

3 weeks later
    #60 9 years ago

Solos can sound weird, especially if you're not well versed in speaking, something Nate has no problem with. Also his show sounds much better when he's interviewing someone at a show or teresa.

With that said, the first show sounded great. Sometimes if you're passionate about something the words just flow.

4 months later
    #177 9 years ago

Tommy skinner: "big lebowski is like whitewater and congo had a baby", that's like the perfect description, which is why it's so awesome.

2 months later
    #215 9 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

done.....ok not really but at least it is started.

http://tsskinne.wix.com/oneanddonepodcast

needs a non-itunes RSS feed

1 month later
    #223 9 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

It's been too long, I'm back with a new episode.

I wanna see a photo of your miniature dachshund!
    Here's my boys:
    tb-dachshunds.jpgtb-dachshunds.jpg

1 month later
    #259 8 years ago
    Quoted from Sparky:

I've been thinking about teaming up with Tommy and/or Taylor for a One and Done on Skype, and then Tommy mentioned it on the Metallica owners thread. The problem with that is we cut our listenership in half (because half the listeners are recording)!

I'm a better guest than an MC, I'd skype in.

#262 8 years ago

forget the people's podcast, name it the Tommy-Taylor-sparky show

2 weeks later
    #302 8 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

Also limited t-shirts available size medium only. Handmade and signed....all previously worn by yours truly.

I might actually buy a one and done tshirt if done right. how about this?
    one_and_done_logo.jpgone_and_done_logo.jpg

#309 8 years ago

Having more than one person recording a show makes it sound less awkward.. unless you're nate shivers or chuck emery... they're magical

1 week later
    #325 8 years ago

You did a pretty good job covering the history of major pinball companies, but you mentioned gottlieb and premier without talking about Alvin G.

#333 8 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

In the meantime, is there a main website or an archive of all the podcasts somewhere? How many have there been?

one and done RSS feed for podcatchers that aren't itunes
    http://www.cjarcade.com/podcasts/oneanddone/oneanddone.rss

27 episodes so far

#351 8 years ago
    Quoted from agodfrey:

BTW. Do we have any numbers as to how many people are listening? Just curious. At this point I pretend it's 5. Me, Matt, My wife, and some rando two other people. Ha.

I listen to every pinball related podcast I can including this. I even listen to the arcade outsiders on the off chance they'll mention pinball.

1 week later
    #379 8 years ago
    Quoted from callmesteam:

The vast vast vast vast majority of podcast downloads come from people who never write in or post about it. I listen to a dozen podcasts a week, at least, and MIGHT send an email 1-2 a year. Unless I'm already in contact with the hosts via Facebook or whatever

Most general podcasts I never write in. I probably send feedback to 3-4 pinball related podcasts nearly every episode.

4 months later
    1 month later
    #449 8 years ago
    Quoted from agodfrey:

I suggest just doing a whole episode of your theatre of the mind/dream theme skits

that would be a LOT of work.. but I'd probably include one.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toyotaboy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-one-and-done-podcast-would-it-work?tu=toyotaboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.