(Topic ID: 92434)

The One and Done Pinball Podcast - Submit your podcast now!!! - UP AND RUNNING!!!

By RustyLizard

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 469 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by kimzupi
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    IMG_9059.JPG
    one_and_done_logo.jpg
    image.jpg
    image-709.jpg
    image-816.jpg
    image.jpg
    tb-dachshunds.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rustylizard.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Have this idea floating around in my head about a podcast kit that could be passed from person to person for individuals to do a podcast. Could be a certain group or just an individual.

Kit would contain a recording device and a set of instructions for recording and uploading your podcast to wherever we would have this hosted.

When it was your turn you could talk about:

Your collection
    Deals that you got or deals that went bad
    Projects or repairs
    Local pinball on location
    A party or event
    Your local league
    Your opinion on current topics
    Anything pinball

After recording and uploading your podcast you mail the kit to the next person on the list.

The idea of this would be to have more pinball podcast content and provide and opportunity to be heard for people who would never do a recurring podcast.

If someone did a great job we could maybe encourage them to do a follow up at a later date.

Would this work or is it too crazy of an idea?

#4 9 years ago

Bump for the morning crowd. I thought this would at least generate some discussion.

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from bingopodcast:

I think this would only work if there was a central authority in charge of mixing, editing and checking volumes, etc to ensure a semi-consistent product.
    Note that you're suggesting getting the recording device and uploading setup into the hands of total amateurs.
    I know a lot of the guys I'd like to hear from may be a lot less comfortable editing, etc.

I would assume the final product would never be as polished as the regular podcasts we listen to now. I agree we would need several 'experts' to oversee this.

This is an idea that has been bouncing around in my head and I thought I would throw it out there. I would be willing to play a part in keeping it organized. Would definitely need help with the technical parts of it. Your suggestions make me lean towards just sending out one or multiple recorders and having someone edit it before putting it out there. Problem with that is it adds another mailing cost to each podcast. My initial thought was that anyone willing to record a podcast would also take responsibility for the roughly $6 it would take to mail the kit to the next person in line.

Keep the ideas coming.

#16 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rush1169:

I think it's a great idea - if I may take it a little further. . .
    Most people have what's needed to record their voice and make a podcast. A microphone and Audacity is sufficient. I will be happy to provide the website/bandwidth, create and maintain the iTunes feed, and minimally prep/edit/upload and notify iTunes / RSS feed of new episodes. Episode makers need only record and optionally edit their podcast and email/upload to me and I'll do the rest. . .
    I won't send microphones to anyone.
    Not meaning to step on any toes either. . .if the OP wants to do any/all the stuff needed. . .i just wouldn't mind doing it.
    Who's first?

I would love to see this happen and if you ran with it I would be happy. I would submit a podcast later this summer.

#18 9 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

This is a cool idea. But I would want to do it in tandem with someone else. McCune and I could do it. It would basically just be recording one of our phone conversations. That would go over like gangbusters!

That would be cool.

#23 9 years ago

I was thinking, The One and Done Pinball Podcast. We can take suggestions also.

#29 9 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

I don't know that you need a "kit"? Sure it's nice to have things professionally done, but for shows / events I think most people have a decent phone or pocket camera that can film HD. If you're just doing audio, most phones do a good job of that too (I have a pretty good audio technica usb mic for audio if I want higher quality). I like that Gene-x has become sort of an open source interview guy, though he's been mostly submitting to the pinball podcast.
    If anyone records something, I'm sure any number of the half dozen pinball podcasts would be happy to get submitted audio for the show.

You are right and it would probably work best for the person submitting a podcast to use their own recording device. This was nothing more than idea that was hatched and we are molding it as we go along.

I would like to differentiate this from GeneX type submissions by saying that this is for the average guy to be heard. Take a one time shot at telling us about yourself, your collection or anything pinball. Average Joe who has a few interesting pinball stories or just wants to take a shot at podcasting. The type of guy who wound not normally find his way on to one of the established podcasts. It can be an event recording if you wish but doesn't have to be.

There will be about 20 topic headings. You can pick one or many that you wish to include in your podcast. It can be two pinheads having a pinball conversation, whatever. Some of it will suck, some will be really cool. It doesn't matter.

#31 9 years ago

I listened today. This is taking shape quite nicely. Anyone ready to jump in?

#39 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

you have got a really cool story and thanks for sharing that. I wish I had known you existed 2 years back when I was in OKC for a night with nothing to do.
    I would like to do a podcast but just not sure what I would talk about...

I am going to do it and I have nothing earth-shattering to say. Talk about your collection, the restoration work you do, how you got started in pinball, the games you have on location, your local league......

#43 9 years ago

I'm actually surprised more people aren't participating in this thread.

3 weeks later
    #51 9 years ago

I just previewed the first submission. (besides Dan's) Hopefully it will be out there shortly. It's taking a while but this is finally getting rolling.

#59 9 years ago

Singles, duos, trios are all welcome. Do what you like. Not every podcast will be your favorite but there will be some good content that comes from this.

There have been some questions about being limited to one podcast. You are not limited to one. Think of it as an open forum to podcast about pinball without the pressure of having to keep a schedule. If you want to do one that is fine, if you want to do one more that's even better.

#67 9 years ago
    Quoted from PinballKen:

Great idea Russ. We should do an episode from Chris's party next Saturday. Interview a few people. Talk about what a great time it is EVERY time he throws a bash and why people enjoy going. If nobody else has a mic I can bring my daughters iCarly mic.

That would be cool. They are always great parties. Bad news is I have to work and won't make this one.

2 weeks later
    #75 9 years ago
    Quoted from dantebean:

Lol, I just priced out some mics, and a USB 4-6 channel mixer. I won't be podcasting for awhile. I think it would be a great outlet for me but I want to mod up my TAF and get my multicade up and running first. I didn't want to have a monolog podcast and getting 2 mics isn't cheap. Great podcasts so far.

No need for expensive equipment. Got a Bluetooth headset? Should be good enough.

2 weeks later
    #108 9 years ago

Dan (Rush1169) will be uploading Swampfire's podcast shortly so watch for it. I appreciate the work Dan has done to make this happen. I dream up some ideas at times but don't always act on them. Dan jumped in and did the work on this so if you are enjoying these please thank him as well as the contributors. Also thanks to everyone for keeping the podcasts and the comments positive. I think that may encourage more people to give this a try.

#111 9 years ago
    Quoted from ChadH:

"Two and Not Done"?

Hopefully he isn't done. His first podcast was well done. As this is developing we are going to clarify a few things.

1) No one is limited to one podcast. The spirit of the podcast (and title) is individuals that want to do some pinball podcasting can have their podcast hosted here without having to podcast on a regular schedule. I believe that some of the regular pinball podcast hosts feel pressure when people start emailing them if a regular schedule isn't kept. I think there are people who would like to try it on a less involved basis.

2) We will not edit your podcast in any way. Dan and I preview it just to make sure nothing totally inappropriate is getting through. We won't allow attacks on individuals or way off topic rants. Pretty much anything pinball related is acceptable so have fun with it.

3) You can name your episode anything you want but all accepted podcasts will be posted under the feed titled, " The One and Done Pinball Podcast".

WHO'S NEXT?

#120 9 years ago

If someone tests the waters here and a new regular podcast pops up that is all good.

4 months later
    #202 9 years ago
    Quoted from callmesteam:

No, we don't use tape... duh... though we might upgrade soon. Almost out of wax cylinders over here...

You guys made my work day shorter today along with Tommy. Saving the Pinheadz for Monday.

3 weeks later
    #212 9 years ago

Dang, Tommy made it on a real podcast. We are gaining traction.

3 months later
    #272 8 years ago

About the recent discussions of changing the name of the podcast. It will be staying as is.

Thanks Nate for discussing us on C2C. I always get a smile on my face when I hear this podcast mentioned. As for the title not making sense or no longer being applicable; think of it from the viewpoint of the podcaster and not the listener. There is no pressure to do another podcast or keep a schedule. It's meant to be a low pressure way of doing a pinball podcast. You can do it and forget it, or do 10 more.

I am happy that this idea is taking off even if it is happening slowly. I would also like to thank Dan (Rush1169) for doing all the work. One change we would both like to see is to have people use the real name which is The One and Done Pinball Podcast. Seems that people like leaving out the most important word in the title.

Keep up the good work. I enjoy listening to these and still plan to do my own. I am running out of excuses for not getting it done.

2 weeks later
    #305 8 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

I might actually buy a one and done tshirt if done right. how about this?
    one_and_done_logo.jpg

Love it.

1 week later
    #355 8 years ago

I listen to all of them. I have heard this podcast mentioned on many others. I would guess 20-40 listeners.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rustylizard.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-one-and-done-podcast-would-it-work?tu=rustylizard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.