(Topic ID: 92434)

The One and Done Pinball Podcast - Submit your podcast now!!! - UP AND RUNNING!!!

By RustyLizard

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 469 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by kimzupi
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    IMG_9059.JPG
    one_and_done_logo.jpg
    image.jpg
    image-709.jpg
    image-816.jpg
    image.jpg
    tb-dachshunds.jpg
    There are 469 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 10.
    #251 8 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

I am working on a new pod and am having a hell of a time trying to move the interview from my iPhone6 to my iMac. I used garageband for the interview and am trying to open it in garageband on my iMac. I've looked it up online and still don't get it, seems as though it should be simple.
    TIA. you can pm to get it off the thread.

Taylor, you can try using a piece of software called IMazing. It will open your IPhone on your computer and allow you to transfer pics, videos, recordings, music, etc directly to your desktop without going through ITunes. I use it all the time for work.

http://imazing.com/

#252 8 years ago
    Quoted from wiggy07:

Taylor, you can try using a piece of software called IMazing. It will open your IPhone on your computer and allow you to transfer pics, videos, recordings, music, etc directly to your desktop without going through ITunes. I use it all the time for work.
    http://imazing.com/

Downloaded iMazing and it worked perfectly. Thanks for the suggestion.

#253 8 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

Downloaded iMazing and it worked perfectly. Thanks for the suggestion.

Awesome Taylor, glad it worked.

#255 8 years ago

The feed has been fed - who is next?

#256 8 years ago

Next episode coming from me Sunday, get your feeds ready, and as usual my recording will be posted here in this thread first, hope you enjoy.

#257 8 years ago

Ok...transferring the discussion from another thread Tommy and I almost hijacked...I've been thinking about teaming up with Tommy and/or Taylor for a One and Done on Skype, and then Tommy mentioned it on the Metallica owners thread. The problem with that is we cut our listenership in half (because half the listeners are recording)!

#258 8 years ago
    Quoted from Sparky:

Ok...transferring the discussion from another thread Tommy and I almost hijacked...I've been thinking about teaming up with Tommy and/or Taylor for a One and Done on Skype, and then Tommy mentioned it on the Metallica owners thread. The problem with that is we cut our listenership in half (because half the listeners are recording)!

Enjoying all of the One and Dones. Really are liking the stories of Sparky and his pinball adventures. Keep up the good work with all of the contributors. I am thinking about doing one shortly also when time allows me.

Lee

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blog: http://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/

FaceBook: https://www.facebook.com/pbsupernova?ref=hl

Twitter: https://twitter.com/PinbalSupernova

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYkP5URZoS8NApETWc7uBmA/feed?view_as=public

#259 8 years ago
    Quoted from Sparky:

I've been thinking about teaming up with Tommy and/or Taylor for a One and Done on Skype, and then Tommy mentioned it on the Metallica owners thread. The problem with that is we cut our listenership in half (because half the listeners are recording)!

I'm a better guest than an MC, I'd skype in.

#260 8 years ago
    Quoted from Sparky:

It's cool at least it will still be interesting to whoever isn't in on the recording, unless we do a three-way co-host gig, then we are screwed as there would be no surprise left. Anyway I think its a really good idea, this weekend is terrible for me, but I'll give you a call this next week and we can banter about some ideas. -Tommy

#261 8 years ago

Loyal listeners...(mostly hosts)...here is your latest.

https://app.box.com/s/305g9469k0yr8e9ev7h4z3p2yduzjqqg

#262 8 years ago

forget the people's podcast, name it the Tommy-Taylor-sparky show

#263 8 years ago

I don't care what it is called as long as no one declares themselves "insiders" and then talks about how much they can't talk about.

#264 8 years ago

I'm considering doing one. Sounds like fun. I don't have much else to say on Goonies but I have a few other ideas. I'll see what kind of notes that I can put together before I commit. Haha.

#265 8 years ago

Mike no notes required trust me just wing it!

#266 8 years ago

Waiting for the official acceptance....if there is such a thing, but we recorded this today as well.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lcjlx9qy48d1d7s/BoomGo-MattandAdam-ep1.mp3?dl=0

#267 8 years ago

YES A NEW HOST! Thanks for uploading, will listen on my drive to work tomorrow.

#268 8 years ago

Well done guys, really enjoying all these podcasts.

#269 8 years ago

The feed is up - thank you to Tommy and the new hosts!

Who's next?

#270 8 years ago

I'm famous~~~ HA

#271 8 years ago
    Quoted from Sparky:

The closest leagues to me have been a two hour drive, but I think a new one is starting this summer only an hour away. I hope to start my own someday

We really need a league here in the valley Mark. Count me in if it's an hour or less from Merced!

Mike

#272 8 years ago

About the recent discussions of changing the name of the podcast. It will be staying as is.

Thanks Nate for discussing us on C2C. I always get a smile on my face when I hear this podcast mentioned. As for the title not making sense or no longer being applicable; think of it from the viewpoint of the podcaster and not the listener. There is no pressure to do another podcast or keep a schedule. It's meant to be a low pressure way of doing a pinball podcast. You can do it and forget it, or do 10 more.

I am happy that this idea is taking off even if it is happening slowly. I would also like to thank Dan (Rush1169) for doing all the work. One change we would both like to see is to have people use the real name which is The One and Done Pinball Podcast. Seems that people like leaving out the most important word in the title.

Keep up the good work. I enjoy listening to these and still plan to do my own. I am running out of excuses for not getting it done.

#273 8 years ago

I've really enjoyed doing them and hope to do them on a more regular basis just to throw off those confused by the name.

#274 8 years ago

Love love love the shows and content - thank you to ALL the hosts for your contributions! Thank you RustyLizard for keeping the name and spirit rolling forward - I think the name is a *perfect* fit for the show.

The One and Done Pinball Podcast is platform for everyone who wants to say *anything* about pinball. Shows can be done by anyone. They can be 1 minute or hours in length. Hosts can do it once and never again. What seems to be happening is that people make a recording and realize it's fun and do it again. As more shows are coming online, more people are encouraged to pull up a mic and give it a go. Some will be "one and done", but I think most will find that doing a show turns out to be fun and want to do it again. The OADPP platform takes most of the technical stuff out of the equation and gives hosts a simple way to get their recording out into the wild (and keeps the process fun).

@Matt and Adam: Excellent show - I cannot wait to hear more!

If you want to make a show and need help getting started or setup or have any questions, please send me a PM and I'll do my best to help.

#275 8 years ago

I think this is starting to snowball now guys, very well done.

#276 8 years ago

I keep hoping to find it on stitcher!

#278 8 years ago

ShaaaWheet! The feed is fed - live on iTunes or via an RSS Feed Reader near you

http://cjarcade.com/podcasts/oneanddone/oneanddone.rss

#279 8 years ago

Great show! Feel free to ignore the clock - one of my favorite podcast is routinely 6+ hours

#280 8 years ago

HAHAHA.....well I like Broken Token but.....it's kinda hard to digest. Plus we like 30 mins b/c it keeps us from getting too boring. HIGH energy, good ideas, and we can always record more if we feel it's needed. So we might

#281 8 years ago

Thanks for recording!!

#283 8 years ago

Anyone have topic request or ideas for a big special edition episode? Post or PM to make suggestions.

#285 8 years ago
    #286 8 years ago

Did a little shout out to Cactus Jack's in this one! Looking forward to doing ep 4.......maybe even later this week.....

#287 8 years ago

Once again good work guys, keep 'em coming.

#288 8 years ago

Hey guys... I've attempted to record an episode a couple times. Downloaded an app for my iPhone but I'm not happy with the audio quality of it and the files size is beyond anything I could forward on via email. Wondered what software for an iPhone is the go to and what the best method of submitting a pod is.

And for the record I'm glad it's staying as the One and Done name even if there is a few repeat "offenders" on the poddy. It's a brand, and people are familiar with it. Looking forward to getting it together. Thanks for the help.

#289 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pauz21:

Hey guys... I've attempted to record an episode a couple times. Downloaded an app for my iPhone but I'm not happy with the audio quality of it and the files size is beyond anything I could forward on via email. Wondered what software for an iPhone is the go to and what the best method of submitting a pod is.
    And for the record I'm glad it's staying as the One and Done name even if there is a few repeat "offenders" on the poddy. It's a brand, and people are familiar with it. Looking forward to getting it together. Thanks for the help.

Pm RUSH1169

#290 8 years ago
    Quoted from agodfrey:

Did a little shout out to Cactus Jack's in this one! Looking forward to doing ep 4.......maybe even later this week.....

I just finished these three episodes. Love the "personality" your show has. Very fun and relaxed!

#291 8 years ago
    Quoted from Sparky:

I just finished these three episodes. Love the "personality" your show has. Very fun and relaxed!

Oh, I also wanted to say that while Adam was talking about KISS in the second episode, it sounded exactly like my attitude toward the band and recent Stern announcement. I'm not part of the KISS Army, not a "fan," but I like them. They interest me. I have a feeling of nostalgia because I was 10 years old in 1976, my older brother had several of their albums, and I always viewed them like super-hero comic-book characters whose powers were ROCK n ROLL!

#292 8 years ago

LIMITED EDITION EPISODE

https://app.box.com/s/1xgfxpx4uod21o2xeocthi8wlca9zv9w

We are done with the premium episode podcast model, there will now only be pro/LE episodes released, unless of course demand requires a premium episode to be released based on popular demand in which case we will meet our fan's demands.

In all seriousness Taylor and I recorded an episode together tonight, we hope you enjoy!

#293 8 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

LIMITED EDITION EPISODE
    https://app.box.com/s/1xgfxpx4uod21o2xeocthi8wlca9zv9w
    We are done with the premium episode podcast model, there will now only be pro/LE episodes released, unless of course demand requires a premium episode to be released based on popular demand in which case we will meet our fan's demands.
    In all seriousness Taylor and I recorded an episode together tonight, we hope you enjoy!

and in all seriousness, don't take us too seriously.

#294 8 years ago

Also limited t-shirts available size medium only. Handmade and signed....all previously worn by yours truly.

image.jpgimage.jpg
    #295 8 years ago

Limited Edition Tommy and Taylor now available for public consumption!

#297 8 years ago

GWAR>>>>>>>>>>KISS

Just saying.

#298 8 years ago

Well I will say I have been to FAR more Gwar shows than Kiss.....but....that was a matter of circumstance.

#299 8 years ago

Went to school with some of the guys from GWAR. Behind the mask they are some stand up people.
    Would love to see a Gwar pin.

#300 8 years ago

I would be down with that. Gwar is an interesting creature. Someone get to work on that. PS special limited premium gold plated diamond plated modded pro episode coming monday night! hott time in the city!

There are 469 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-one-and-done-podcast-would-it-work/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.