(Topic ID: 92434)

The One and Done Pinball Podcast - Submit your podcast now!!! - UP AND RUNNING!!!

By RustyLizard

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 469 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by kimzupi
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    IMG_9059.JPG
    one_and_done_logo.jpg
    image.jpg
    image-709.jpg
    image-816.jpg
    image.jpg
    tb-dachshunds.jpg
    There are 469 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 10.
    #101 9 years ago

...and now I just listened to the third episode posted by Tommy (tsskinne). I love these!

More, please!

#102 9 years ago

I can't get the myspace one to work.

#103 9 years ago

Ok if someone doesn't step up soon I'm going to have to record another one

#104 9 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

TOMMY! TOMMY! TOMMY!

#105 9 years ago

I just sent a link to RustyLizard with mine. We used a Sony PCM-M10, and I'm really impressed with the sound quality. I bought the red one:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/portable-field-recorders/sony-pcm-m10-portable-digital-recorder

#106 9 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

The people have spoken.

#107 9 years ago

Oh snaps. I've been listening to coast 2 coast all week at work. I'll have to start these. exciting!!

#108 9 years ago

Dan (Rush1169) will be uploading Swampfire's podcast shortly so watch for it. I appreciate the work Dan has done to make this happen. I dream up some ideas at times but don't always act on them. Dan jumped in and did the work on this so if you are enjoying these please thank him as well as the contributors. Also thanks to everyone for keeping the podcasts and the comments positive. I think that may encourage more people to give this a try.

#109 9 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

"Two and Not Done"?

#110 9 years ago

It's great hearing commentary and stories from different voices. It's easy to do, so if you're on the fence, just give it a try! If you're not happy, you can always stop yourself from posting it, but give it a shot! Thanks Dan for making this happen and everyone else for taking the time to tell their pin-stories (we all have a few!)

#111 9 years ago
    Quoted from ChadH:

"Two and Not Done"?

Hopefully he isn't done. His first podcast was well done. As this is developing we are going to clarify a few things.

1) No one is limited to one podcast. The spirit of the podcast (and title) is individuals that want to do some pinball podcasting can have their podcast hosted here without having to podcast on a regular schedule. I believe that some of the regular pinball podcast hosts feel pressure when people start emailing them if a regular schedule isn't kept. I think there are people who would like to try it on a less involved basis.

2) We will not edit your podcast in any way. Dan and I preview it just to make sure nothing totally inappropriate is getting through. We won't allow attacks on individuals or way off topic rants. Pretty much anything pinball related is acceptable so have fun with it.

3) You can name your episode anything you want but all accepted podcasts will be posted under the feed titled, " The One and Done Pinball Podcast".

WHO'S NEXT?

#112 9 years ago

Episode 4 is now on-line. The RSS feed is here: http://cjarcade.com/podcasts/oneanddone/oneanddone.rss or a direct link to the shows are here: http://cjarcade.com/podcasts/oneanddone/
    -------
    Thank you to everyone who are producing shows - I love the variety!

WHO'S NEXT?

#113 9 years ago

Hey, if you guys like this episode, email me at [email protected] to let me know. I'm also looking for segment suggestions.

Oh, and HUGE thanks to Rush and RustyLizard for doing all the work to set this up!

#114 9 years ago

Here's a link to the podcast on iTunes - click this link, then click "open in iTunes", then subscribe!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/one-and-done-pinball-podcast/id885845637

#115 9 years ago

Yep lining up final ideas for my next episode. Looking forward to listening to this next one.

#116 9 years ago

Based on the activity here on Pinside, my next Podcast should be about USPS and Stern remakes.

At least my Dad listened to it...

#117 9 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Based on the activity here on Pinside, my next Podcast should be about USPS and Stern remakes.
    At least my Dad listened to it...

I listened to it this morning. It was excellent. Please make more. Is the idea that you'll put them out via the One and Done "channel", or will you get your own space?

One small request: If possible, please use mp3 rather than m4a format. The former is universal and will play pretty much everywhere. AAC/m4a = much less so.

Thanks!

#118 9 years ago

Thanks, good feedback! I'm guessing 192kbps CBR is good enough quality?

I haven't decided yet whether to keep using One and Done, or start up yet another podcast. I love the concept of One and Done, and I definitely want to see it succeed.

#119 9 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Thanks, good feedback! I'm guessing 192kbps CBR is good enough quality?
    I haven't decided yet whether to keep using One and Done, or start up yet another podcast. I love the concept of One and Done, and I definitely want to see it succeed.

192 CBR should be more than enough.

I really like the theme you picked -- seems to be open to lots of different discussions and/or recurring segments. Feel free to PM me if you run out of ideas.

Note that I'm not mentioning the theme itself because you haven't in this thread (I don't think), and maybe it'll prompt more people to give it a listen out of curiosity. Note to these people: It will be worth your time, even if you have to convert the file to mp3 as I did.

#120 9 years ago

If someone tests the waters here and a new regular podcast pops up that is all good.

#121 9 years ago

Episode #5 is hosted - I'll setup the RSS feed in a couple days as I'm on the road in the little town of Carnegie PA

For those who are ready to listen: http://cjarcade.com/podcasts/oneanddone/ and look for episode #5.

WHO'S NEXT?

#122 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rush1169:

Episode #5 is hosted - I'll setup the RSS feed in a couple days as I'm on the road in the little town of Carnegie PA
    For those who are ready to listen: http://cjarcade.com/podcasts/oneanddone/ and look for episode #5.
    WHO'S NEXT?

Looks like the RSS feed is up. This submission is from me. I followed Tommy's lead from podcast #3 and recorded in the car, bad background noise and all! Hope you enjoy anyway!

#123 9 years ago

Great Podcast Sparky, some good stories there. I could see what was coming in the first story but I still laughed out loud.

#124 9 years ago
    Quoted from Kevlar:

Great Podcast Sparky, some good stories there. I could see what was coming in the first story but I still laughed out loud.

Thanks for listening Kevlar! Already one listener in two days! I'm on a roll!

#125 9 years ago

I listened. It was entertaining. I have no idea how you guys do this while you're driving. I can barely chew gum while I drive.

#126 9 years ago
    Quoted from stevevt:

I listened. It was entertaining. I have no idea how you guys do this while you're driving. I can barely chew gum while I drive.

Well, I can tell you this: I was driving home from league playoffs, but I was going to stop by another collector's house on the way home, and I was about 15 minutes past his exit before I realized it! I had to turn around and go back. I think you can actually hear my blinker a few times on the recording. That's me exiting the freeway and re-entering.

#127 9 years ago

These are great, I am really enjoying.

Totally stole my "show while driving" bit I was going to do.

Keep them coming.

#128 9 years ago

Loving this one sparky!

You are a good story teller!

#129 9 years ago

What do you all think about the interview format? It seems like the monologues are doing better, maybe I should go that route next time too.

#130 9 years ago

variety is the spics of life. I like it all and to me this is the cool part about this podcast.

side note >> this is the ONLY podcast I listen to at this point

#131 9 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

What do you all think about the interview format? It seems like the monologues are doing better, maybe I should go that route next time too.

I like 'em all and look forward to outside the box surprises that surely will come.

#132 9 years ago

I used some BT headphones and a recording program on my iPad and tried doing a driving show and it was a disaster

#133 9 years ago

I generally don't care for interviews on podcasts, but it worked on the 'primitive' episode. The best thing about this podcast is the host can do whatever they want! It's always something different.

1 week later
    #134 9 years ago

Guess who's back?! A new episode coming your way tonight! Just waiting to do a short interview to finish and it will be posted here tonight.

#135 9 years ago

As promised my second episode hosting the one and done. Update on my Black Hole adventure, new additions to my collection, my recent tournament success, and a brief interview with new IMVE owner Jdoz2! Hope you all enjoy, and thanks for listening.

https://app.box.com/s/iurh59r4kh9arjbvs2ab

#136 9 years ago

Am enjoying these podcasts - lots of various perspectives which is pretty fun.

TSSKinne, I grew up in West Lafayette and used to play at Pizza Keg and a laundry mat when I was little. Not sure if those places still exist but probably not since that was in the late 1970s

#137 9 years ago

Only places I know locally are Main Street amusements, the student union at Purdue, and Arnis pizza.

#138 9 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

As promised my second episode hosting the one and done. Update on my Black Hole adventure, new additions to my collection, my recent tournament success, and a brief interview with new IMVE owner Jdoz2! Hope you all enjoy, and thanks for listening.

Thank you for your submission - the RSS feed should be live and feeding

#139 9 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

I'm looking forward to listening! Unfortunately, my phone got damaged over the weekend, so I need to wait for my replacement before I can download more podcasts!

#140 9 years ago
    Quoted from callmesteam:

I generally don't care for interviews on podcasts, but it worked on the 'primitive' episode. The best thing about this podcast is the host can do whatever they want! It's always something different.

I think it would be mind blowing if you were to produce one for the One and Done

#141 9 years ago

Thanks for getting it posted Rush.

#142 9 years ago

My apologies for not listening sooner but I am now a follower. I'm a big podcast listener and look forward to having the One and Done in my listening lineup.

Might have to buy a mic.

#143 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rush1169:

I think it would be mind blowing if you were to produce one for the One and Done

Haha... too meta. I could do a podcast about doing a podcast and it'll create a worm hole.

#144 9 years ago
    Quoted from callmesteam:

Haha... too meta. I could do a podcast about doing a podcast and it'll create a worm hole.

That's where I'm at... Give me a simple proposition, and I'll over-think and plan the structure and 5-year plan for months...
    -mof

#145 9 years ago

Mof, I'm sure it'll be worth the wait

1 week later
    #147 9 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

On the road so recorded another one, enjoy.
    https://app.box.com/s/4cpinmgxpyvz8qhqzox3

I'll get this posted to ITunes around Tuesday the 23rd as I'm in very sparse internet territory. . .thank you for another show!

#148 9 years ago

No problem need to do the follow up been a busy week. Thanks for the help with it.

1 week later
    #149 9 years ago

Tsskinne's 3rd podcast is now live on the RSS/iTunes feed - woot!

Who's next?

#150 9 years ago

TaylorVA produces Episode #8 of the One and Done Pinball Podcast! Big thank you to TaylorVA for putting together another great episode!

There are 469 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-one-and-done-podcast-would-it-work/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.