IMG_5777 (resized).JPG
IMG_5774 (resized).JPG
IMG_5767 (resized).JPG
IMG_5756 (resized).JPG
38322 (resized).jpeg
20180324_180110 (resized).jpg
20180324_174809 (resized).jpg
20180324_220821 (resized).jpg
There are 457 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 10.
#401 6 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

One was by the project games yesterday

Someone bought it before I could get to it.

#402 6 years ago

Jamaster10 last edited this post 18 minutes ago: “Sorry for the long wait, we were just updating it to add more fun.”

I understand. My schedule is not your problem, and neither is a long line...after all there is only one game for play. Just angry at my bad luck is all. The game looks fantastic, wish I could've played it.

I had just been waiting in another line where someone rudely started multiple games while our group was in line waiting. All in all I wasn't too happy with the show. I had a crappy week to begin with starting with getting rear ended by a truck on the way to work. My daughter had spinal fusion surgery this past week, lots of stress and other sorts of bad luck.

The show was supposed to be my brief good time getaway, but I only got to play a few games and didn't find one to bring home.

#403 6 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Jamaster10 last edited this post 18 minutes ago: “Sorry for the long wait, we were just updating it to add more fun.”
I understand. My schedule is not your problem, and neither is a long line...after all there is only one game for play. Just angry at my bad luck is all. The game looks fantastic, wish I could've played it.
I had just been waiting in another line where someone rudely started multiple games while our group was in line waiting. All in all I wasn't too happy with the show. I had a crappy week to begin with starting with getting rear ended by a truck on the way to work. My daughter had spinal fusion surgery this past week, lots of stress and other sorts of bad luck.
The show was supposed to be my brief good time getaway, but I only got to play a few games and didn't find one to bring home.

prayers out to your daughter for a fast recovery.

#404 6 years ago

Anyone have a photo showing the whole event? Was hoping to see a shot of the place after all games got there and people were playing. Saturday evening photo.

#405 6 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mikerob-split-the-future-of-pinball-expo

Seems like this is the connection - last time I went to Ohio Show I brought a machine and did not have a positive experience being welcomed or getting my wrist band. Hopefully this improves.

Quoted from Marvin:

Likely, the same thing that's killing the Chicago show. I wonder what the common thing between these two shows is.

#406 6 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

prayers out to your daughter for a fast recovery.

Thank you, much appreciated.

#407 6 years ago

My two girls played in the kids tournament for the first time. They had a blast! (Even trying to knock each other out on MET) Tommy and everyone that helped did an amazing job!

Thank you!!!!!!

20180324_180110 (resized).jpg20180324_180110 (resized).jpg

#408 6 years ago
Quoted from alexanr1:

Anyone have a photo showing the whole event? Was hoping to see a shot of the place after all games got there and people were playing. Saturday evening photo.

Here are a few regular and panorama pics I took on Saturday.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/TGfvRopuysmEym7MZfPaIGFG2l8tjj4DvsGeQ1nYcIQ

I agree with others... very sparse but the games that were there were quality games and made the trip worth while.

#409 6 years ago

Show was definitely light on pins, however it was nice to see some familiar faces and friends, always seems to work out in the end. I was able to pickup 2 pins,a nice white water and a Dr who. Thanks to everyone involved that put the show together.

#410 6 years ago

This poor fool is still trying to stick it out till the end and sell his game

38322 (resized).jpeg38322 (resized).jpeg

#411 6 years ago
Quoted from McPin54:

Oh you silly goose!

#412 6 years ago
Quoted from McPin54:

I thought he was just going to leave it there for next years show. No use lugging it back and forth.

#413 6 years ago
Quoted from mjm697:

Show was definitely light on pins, however it was nice to see some familiar faces and friends, always seems to work out in the end. I was able to pickup 2 pins,a nice white water and a Dr who. Thanks to everyone involved that put the show together.

Light on Pins is putting it mildly. looks like a third of what was there a couple years ago. Looks like maybe 20 machines in total. Very sad. I know a pinsider made a comment about people not bringing machines and complain on here. I disagree and think it’s something else systemic. I shared earlier Texas and Pittsburgh don’t have this issue.

We need to figure it out before this show dies completely.

#414 6 years ago
Quoted from alexanr1:

Light on Pins is putting it mildly. looks like a third of what was there a couple years ago. Looks like maybe 20 machines in total. Very sad. I know a pinsider made a comment about people not bringing machines and complain on here. I disagree and think it’s something else systemic. I shared earlier Texas and Pittsburgh don’t have this issue.
We need to figure it out before this show dies completely.

I disagree as well because it was advertised as having 150 pins on free play. That's deceptive advertising and likely caused people to buy airfare and hotels to come to a show with 1/3 of what was advertised. I can totally see the argument that if you want more games at the show, bring one and it will grow. My only complaint is don't advertise as having 150 machines on free play.

#415 6 years ago
Quoted from klinde1:

I thought he was just going to leave it there for next years show. No use lugging it back and forth.

That almost happened. LOL

#416 6 years ago

It's advertised as having 150 games there because that's been the normal in the past. You cant blame the organizers if people are too lazy to bring games and leave it up to others to do all the work. I bought the Taxi at the show on Thursday night and left it on all weekend (or as long as I could) for others to play, but I'm sure ALOT of other games were shut off as soon as they were sold. Why?

The biggest complainers are always the ones that don't get involved, and that's the same with everything in life.

Thanks to everyone that did bring games and who stopped in the booth to buy something or to just say hi, it's much appreciated. I got many people saying they were glad I make it there each year as a vendor and that's one reason I'll keep coming back. It's a great show and many thanks to Mike and Marvin for putting it on.

John

#417 6 years ago
Quoted from McPin54:

I feel like this pic would be a good poster for this years show lol

#418 6 years ago
Quoted from McPin54:

This pic is an instant classic.

#419 6 years ago

I had a blast at the show. I met a large group of new people who were interested in the Hardtops, The taxi I displayed was quite the conversation piece. Yes, the number of pins was unfortunate but to be honest I rarely play at shows. I spend more time socializing. I would have brought a few more pins this year but those two Puck Bowlers took up most of my trailer. Spent a good part of the show with two of the best people you would ever meet in pinball, Gary, and Butch. Topping off the show I got to see a couple of old friends that run a great little forum on pinball, can you guess which one? Not to mention Tinys world of pinball, Peanut the BTO, Greg Sam Elliot, Package Deal and a slew of other great people.

IMG_5756 (resized).JPGIMG_5756 (resized).JPG

IMG_5767 (resized).JPGIMG_5767 (resized).JPG

IMG_5774 (resized).JPGIMG_5774 (resized).JPG

IMG_5777 (resized).JPGIMG_5777 (resized).JPG

#420 6 years ago
Quoted from nikpinball:

The sparsity of games definitely has a bit to do with the pro circuit and TPF. Trent is not there who brings a ton and Andy Rosa and son are not there who always bring a bunch plus a whole vending table setup. Jon Repogle brings a few every time, David Reil brings games, and Aleksander Kaczmarczyk's dad brings a few games each time. Some people who regularly bring stuff just did a full weekend show at Texas.
The show is still enjoyable with plenty to play, there just isn't the buying opportunity that we have seen previously.

Totally agree

#421 6 years ago

A few more pics

IMG_5782 (resized).JPGIMG_5782 (resized).JPG

IMG_5783 (resized).JPGIMG_5783 (resized).JPG

IMG_5784 (resized).JPGIMG_5784 (resized).JPG

#422 6 years ago

Lack of games/vendors or whatnot is largely due to people having events on the same date. Was a fluke this year. Next year we will do the parts booth setup with 4 or more pins as well
Still had a fun time though !

#423 6 years ago
Quoted from alexanr1:

I shared earlier Texas and Pittsburgh don’t have this issue.

Do you mean ReplayFX when you’re referring to Pittsburgh? If so, that’s not really a relevant comparison. Almost all of the games there are supplied by PAPA.

#424 6 years ago

Oh, yeah, to the dad that watched his kid throwing the puck at the pins on my puck bowler and breaking one, thanks for one, correcting your child,two, stopping over to apologize and three, offer to pay for the damages.

9fa5fb7a87c18ff2c11dc622be4ebf2b--stupid-people-some-people (resized).jpg9fa5fb7a87c18ff2c11dc622be4ebf2b--stupid-people-some-people (resized).jpg

#425 6 years ago

Whose decked out MET was at the show? That was a beauty!

#426 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

Phoebe & Larry’s

#427 6 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

It's advertised as having 150 games there because that's been the normal in the past. You cant blame the organizers if people are too lazy to bring games and leave it up to others to do all the work. I bought the Taxi at the show on Thursday night and left it on all weekend (or as long as I could) for others to play, but I'm sure ALOT of other games were shut off as soon as they were sold. Why?
The biggest complainers are always the ones that don't get involved, and that's the same with everything in life.
Thanks to everyone that did bring games and who stopped in the booth to buy something or to just say hi, it's much appreciated. I got many people saying they were glad I make it there each year as a vendor and that's one reason I'll keep coming back. It's a great show and many thanks to Mike and Marvin for putting it on.
John

Your taxi played excellent. Put up a 4 million score.

#428 6 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

It's a great show and many thanks to Mike and Marvin for putting it on.
John

I’m confused? Wasn’t user Marvin on here earlier this thread bashing Mike?

#429 6 years ago
Quoted from HoneyBadger:

mjpinballs is the Marvin that helps with the show

#430 6 years ago

Scott,

Don't feel bad. My Dirty Harry held out until the bitter end, just off picture from your Hulk in Lonelyville, OH. BUT I actually sold it in between balls of my semi finals match this morning. Nice guy, but clearly oblivious I was trying to bring home gold hahah. All worked out awesome. Tournaments saved the show. Main, classics, womens, casual and juniors were all run amazingly well. Tommy hit a homerun, and I never give him that much credit.

#431 6 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Oh, yeah, to the dad that watched his kid throwing the puck at the pins on my puck bowler and breaking one, thanks for one, correcting your child,two, stopping over to apologize and three, offer to pay for the damages.

Gota say those puck bowlers were a hit! Thanks for bringing them! Sorry to hear that happened

#432 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinwow:

Phoebe & Larry’s

That was a nice MET. Translite lights were really nice along with speakers and underneath. Where are those items purchased from?

#433 6 years ago

Although the show didn't have as many pins as previous years, I still found it very enjoyable and the tournaments were awesome.

I remember 2 years ago, the tournament barely happened and Jeffrey pulled it together. Last year it improved and Jeffrey and Tommy did a good job getting it rolling in the right direction and then this year they rocked a new format and we're very successful in making something unique and keeping the classics on the old comfortable format while adding the other more casual stuff, way to go all around.

We are bummed we couldn't contribute more than just a tournament game this year like we have in years past but I'm sure we'll bring more next year and hopefully the ifpa won't schedule the players championship on top again.

#434 6 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

A few more pics

Thanks for bringing the puck bowlers Keith. I almost bought one but then thought, no!
Good to see you!

#435 6 years ago

We need to get this show back to its glory next year.

#436 6 years ago
Quoted from alexanr1:

We need to get this show back to its glory next year.

I heard it's being left for dead with Cleveland being the premier show in Ohio going forward
I hope that's only a rumor as it's my longest consecutive event I've attended (5 years) and hopefully many more

#437 6 years ago

Kids playing ball bowlers, puck bowlers and skee balls overhand is always a problem, even in home use. When I owned them, I had to make sure that they were separated from the pins, TV, stereo, and jukebox.

#438 6 years ago
Quoted from HoneyBadger:

We're not the same people, I feel bad for Marvin that the show was a let down. I'm just someone who's dealt with the other person, and many of the game bringers, and vendors. I know the common issue, directly speaking for me only, which is why I'm not going to mention names. I won't burn other people bridges.

#439 6 years ago

Height of the show activity featured 72 functioning pins. I counted. I'm like that...

#440 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinwow:

Phoebe & Larry’s

Their stuff is always in amazing condition, and they are willing to drag a lot of games, theirs and others, a long way for shows which is great

#441 6 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

John

Wait, if someone can bring something and chooses not too they are lazy? Didn't you stop bringing your stuff to Chicago? Your booth was always a valuable addition there. Lots of odds and ends that are difficult to find. A lot of people don't bring things to shows, not because they are lazy, but because the hassle isn't with the reward. Be it vendors or game bringers.

#442 6 years ago

I too was bummed about the lack of games at first, but I still got to play a lot of really fun games (and I'll admit, some not-so-fun ones lol). It wasn't too crowded on Thursday so I was able to play most of the games that I really wanted to.

As I was leaving I saw a Comet coming in - I never played Comet, but can't help but think about how cool it would look having one next to my Cyclone.
I am glad I got to play Gladiators. That is on my wish list for someday too.

#443 6 years ago

I pay the daily admission fee to all shows I attend.

Otherwise why not have a show with a rule that requires attendees must bring a game for admission plus some fee? There will never be a show with the exclusive rule of bringing games only and no fee because the economics would not work.

#444 6 years ago
Quoted from RoxasUrSoxas:

I too was bummed about the lack of games at first, but I still got to play a lot of really fun games (and I'll admit, some not-so-fun ones lol). It wasn't too crowded on Thursday so I was able to play most of the games that I really wanted to.
As I was leaving I saw a Comet coming in - I never played Comet, but can't help but think about how cool it would look having one next to my Cyclone.

When did you go? For some reason the whole time I was there Saturday Gladiators was turned off.

#445 6 years ago
Quoted from RoxasUrSoxas:

Gladiators is awesome!

#446 6 years ago

Missed the show this year.

It has been on a steady decline for the last few years I've attended, about 6 years. Not sure why.

I do love the blue collar atmosphere the show has.

I, for one, am one of the lazy ones. I live about 2 hours away and only come in for the day. So lugging a pin to have it sit there for 8 hours and then bringing it back home, all in one day, isn't the best idea imo.

The people in the area that can bring pins and stay longer, should. I would if this were the case.

Props to the usual suspects that live in the area that haul pins to play. You know who you are.

#447 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

Quoted from Pinwow:

Phoebe & Larry’s

was the aerosmith next to their canopy theirs as well? I have some questions for them!!

#448 6 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

was the aerosmith next to their canopy theirs as well? I have some questions for them!!

Yes, Phoebe and Larry graciously shared their awesome Metallica, Aerosmith, Taxi, Joust (pinball), Varkon, and Rat Race (1 of 10 made) for the whole weekend.

#449 6 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

Wait, if someone can bring something and chooses not too they are lazy? Didn't you stop bringing your stuff to Chicago? Your booth was always a valuable addition there. Lots of odds and ends that are difficult to find. A lot of people don't bring things to shows, not because they are lazy, but because the hassle isn't with the reward. Be it vendors or game bringers.

You are correct, I did stop being a vendor at Expo. BUT, I'm not complaining on the amount of games that were there or the lack of vendors etc.......
Me not being a vendor had nothing to do with Rob or Mike in any way. Both great guys.

John

#450 6 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

You are correct, I did stop being a vendor at Expo. BUT, I'm not complaining on the amount of games that were there or the lack of vendors etc.......
Me not being a vendor had nothing to do with Rob or Mike in any way. Both great guys.
John

Just to be clear, I wasn't implying you were complaining about game numbers, nor that any individuals caused you to stop bringing things to Chicago. I've spoken to you in the past and you've stated the hassle of bring all the stuff you did was not worth the marginal sales that occurred. I totally get that, that was my point though. it's not laziness for everybody, for many the hassle is just too much for too little return, whatever form that return may take- financial, feel goodness, just wanting to show of their stuff, wanting to be part of the show, etc.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salt Lake City, UT
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
South Berwick, ME
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 24.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 457 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-ohio-show-2018-buy-sell-trade/page/9?hl=roxasursoxas and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.