IMG_5777 (resized).JPG
IMG_5774 (resized).JPG
IMG_5767 (resized).JPG
IMG_5756 (resized).JPG
38322 (resized).jpeg
20180324_180110 (resized).jpg
20180324_174809 (resized).jpg
20180324_220821 (resized).jpg
There are 457 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 10.
#301 6 years ago

Can't wait until work is over so I can get to the show tonight!

#302 6 years ago

The odors. Good God! Take a shower!!

#303 6 years ago
Quoted from Push600:

The odors. Good God! Take a shower!!

Don't tell me that I have the worst gag reflex. Replay makes me gag with the feet smell from the bounce house crap.

#304 6 years ago

Went today. My boy and I had fun - loved JJP #4 POTC. Don’t know if more pins are coming in later today or tomorrow but it seemed kinda sparse this year.

#305 6 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Went today. My boy and I had fun - loved JJP #4 POTC. Don’t know if more pins are coming in later today or tomorrow but it seemed kinda sparse this year.

yeah i go every Thursday and this show had the least games but it was a great selection of games

Pirates is great, i liked Houdini, and i was so excited to finally play a Rat Race.

had fun and think i might go today. wish i could have found some parts but i did grab 2 rage tilt shirts and a bust a move full marquee for my neo geo.

damn i think i talked myself into going. I want to play some TNA, and more pirates and Houdini

#306 6 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

We were there too. When I walked in I was like is this it! Maybe 50 games playable. Brought money with me and left empty handed. Had a chance to see some friends and spend time with my boy too. Hope it picks up tonight and weekend. Thanks to Marvin and Mike for all the work they did to put this on.

#307 6 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I have a few of these Pinball Rules signs left. They were printed by a fellow pinsider on a type of PVC sheet material that you can hang on the wall as is, or frame it. Size is 16x20, cost is $25 cash. I'll be at the show Friday evening and all day Saturday. PM me if interested.

If anyone from Pittsburgh would pick one of these up for me I will pick it up when you come back to town. I'll throw in an extra $5 for the trouble!

Dave

#308 6 years ago

IM curious in the games for cheap corner, did the phantom sell??? man that was one heck of a project.

#309 6 years ago

I'll be attending tomorrow morning and have the following machines for trade (Xenon, Grand Lizard, Gladiators and No Fear) wondering if I could work something out tonight. I prefer Williams System 11 or newer and could add cash on my end. I also have the following items that I could bring for sale (3 Gottlieb 6 digit plasma displays from a Black Hole), Gottlieb System 80 coin door (from a Black Hole), a Black Hole outer back glass and a Williams System 6 sound card from a Blackout I believe.

#310 6 years ago
Quoted from rollinover:

IM curious in the games for cheap corner, did the phantom sell??? man that was one heck of a project.

Its gone, there's still a project cue ball wizard left for $350.00 and calling it a project is being nice.

#311 6 years ago

WOWOWOWOWOW id love to see that restore thread. tommy looked nice.

but phantom had me tempted.
checkpoint didnt look too too bad.

Id be concerned with mold tho

#312 6 years ago

Did anyone see a Junk Yard there? Or a Fish Tales?

#313 6 years ago
Quoted from TimT:

Did anyone see a Junk Yard there? Or a Fish Tales?

No junkyard when I was there. The Fishtales was there but off.

#314 6 years ago

Any fellow pinsiders at the Embassy? Also, did anyone see any sys 11 games?

#315 6 years ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

If anyone from Pittsburgh would pick one of these up for me I will pick it up when you come back to town. I'll throw in an extra $5 for the trouble!
Dave

I'm here today wearing a JJP Pirates shirt. Wife has curly hair.

#316 6 years ago

I’d love to have a cue ball wizard. But man oh man that thing was rouggghhhhhh!
Someone bought it though!

#317 6 years ago

Could just be the space, but I’m pretty sure the CLE show had more games when I went two years ago. First time attending the Ohio show, wasn’t expecting that.

Enjoyed playing your WW MJpinballs. Really need to find one around here to grab!

#318 6 years ago

Just returned from attending today -- I thought there was maybe half the games there this year vs. last.
Brought the Mrs. with me and we still had fun though -- her favorite was DI .

IMG_7227 (resized).JPGIMG_7227 (resized).JPG

Thinking of going back tomorrow, missed Houdini due to a longer line and while the numbers were less I definitely enjoyed the machines that were available: Guardians, No Fear, TOM, Stargate, RFM, Jetsons, a really nice Williams IJ, Pirates, . . .

I was also a bit disappointed by the number of games that were on the floor but were simply marked sold and not offered for play. I understand not wanting problems to show up once a sale is made but some of the titles were games I was hoping to try out.

#319 6 years ago

I was there for most of the day today, had a great time. There were lines for POTC (2 games) and Houdini the entire time I was there, but both were worth the wait. TNA made an appearance early afternoon and had a good group of people around it, the sound kind of calls people to it. I personally loved it. Just a good adrenaline pumping game with awesome sound. Playing against others was a blast, I just don't know if you get the same experience playing it alone. Chatting with the other players between turns, which I had just met was part of the fun (Houdini was the same, it generated a lot of discussion).

I'm down to Dialed In vs Houdini for my next pin. If they were the same price, I might go with DI. Houdini is just a beautiful game and it great value, but it takes some getting used to the shots so it's challenging for a family pin. I'm prob going to be a little selfish and not consider the kids by getting Houdini, which seems like it would entertain me for hours on end.

Thanks to those of you who brought a pin, invited mje to join in a 4 player game or just talked to me while I was there, it was a great experience.

20180323_124230 (resized).jpg20180323_124230 (resized).jpg

20180323_124241 (resized).jpg20180323_124241 (resized).jpg

20180323_135949 (resized).jpg20180323_135949 (resized).jpg

20180323_124630 (resized).jpg20180323_124630 (resized).jpg

20180323_122114 (resized).jpg20180323_122114 (resized).jpg

#320 6 years ago

What time does the show start tomorrow? Website says both 10am and 11am.

#321 6 years ago
Quoted from PinBuck:

I was there for most of the day today, had a great time. There were lines for POTC (2 games) and Houdini the entire time I was there, but both were worth the wait. TNA made an appearance early afternoon and had a good group of people around it, the sound kind of calls people to it. I personally loved it. Just a good adrenaline pumping game with awesome sound. Playing against others was a blast, I just don't know if you get the same experience playing it alone. Chatting with the other players between turns, which I had just met was part of the fun (Houdini was the same, it generated a lot of discussion).
I'm down to Dialed In vs Houdini for my next pin. If they were the same price, I might go with DI. Houdini is just a beautiful game and it great value, but it takes some getting used to the shots so it's challenging for a family pin. I'm prob going to be a little selfish and not consider the kids by getting Houdini, which seems like it would entertain me for hours on end.
Thanks to those of you who brought a pin, invited mje to join in a 4 player game or just talked to me while I was there, it was a great experience.

I might have played with in the 4 player Houdini game...I would go with dialed in or why not wait for pirates?

#322 6 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

Its gone, there's still a project cue ball wizard left for $350.00 and calling it a project is being nice.

What other projects were there? Figures, I miss a project pile this year ... I'll be up tomorrow for a bit though.

#323 6 years ago
Quoted from megadeth2600:

What other projects were there? Figures, I miss a project pile this year ... I'll be up tomorrow for a bit though.

All that was left were ems

#324 6 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

I might have played with in the 4 player Houdini game...I would go with dialed in or why not wait for pirates?

I have a Stern POTC and the wife loves it so I can't move it (or her) out of the house. Basically removes JJP POTC from the competition for me, but it was a lot of fun to play. Amazing work they did on the game and the display so you can justify the cost of the machine. I would love to own one, but it's not in the cards. Thanks for the Houdini game, it was great playing with you.

#325 6 years ago

The sparsity of games definitely has a bit to do with the pro circuit and TPF. Trent is not there who brings a ton and Andy Rosa and son are not there who always bring a bunch plus a whole vending table setup. Jon Repogle brings a few every time, David Reil brings games, and Aleksander Kaczmarczyk's dad brings a few games each time. Some people who regularly bring stuff just did a full weekend show at Texas.

The show is still enjoyable with plenty to play, there just isn't the buying opportunity that we have seen previously.

#326 6 years ago

There was a cyclone & a comet and after that it was
More like extreme no roof on the barn finds plenty of rust and not sure when the rodents abandoned them to find a drier spot to live but my cheap ass did look at the cue ball wizard 4x

#327 6 years ago

Does anyone know if there is going to be a TNA at the show tomorrow?

#328 6 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Does anyone know if there is going to be a TNA at the show tomorrow?

There was one there today.

#329 6 years ago

Awesome...thanks!

#330 6 years ago
Quoted from dhard:

There was a cyclone & a comet and after that it was
More like extreme no roof on the barn finds plenty of rust and not sure when the rodents abandoned them to find a drier spot to live but my cheap ass did look at the cue ball wizard 4x

Picked up the cyclone its home set up and plays thanks to my spare parts bin full restore soon !

#331 6 years ago

If a deal is made i could bring something tomorrow what you looking for ?

#332 6 years ago

Any interest with a jungle lord project that plays with a pinball pinp stencil kit ? Pm if so

#333 6 years ago

Went today, fun .. but sparse.. was way more games last year.. I think part of the problem is people bring games, sell and they buyer leaves with the game. Half the games for sale this morning were sold already. Star of the show for me was Total Nuclear Anihilation.. played it 4 or 5 times, was really fun. The simplicity of it was perfect, and I loved the music it plays.. Kick me to the curb, but I'd rather own the TNA then the new pirates I played or Houdini .. And Ive played Houdini a fair amount, we have one somewhat locally..

#334 6 years ago

Wow, I would say that by the end of the day there was probably only 30 percent of the number of pins that were there last year. Very disappointing for travelling and hotel nights. The locals probably would not be as disappointed. What made it worse was tournaments took over some of the floor pins for most of the evening. JJPOTC and Houdini were great, TN was meh. Not many vendors selling new stuff.

Thanks to all of those who brought pins to play and those who organized. Having the show 1 week after TPF probably hurts it.

#335 6 years ago

The best techs around!
Could not get power to a machine all day, these guys uncovered the source of the problem in about an hour! Great job guys! We now have power!

20180323_210813 (resized).jpg20180323_210813 (resized).jpg

#336 6 years ago

I'm looking for a system 7 MPU.

#337 6 years ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

Dave

BUMP for the weekend Pittsburgh crew.

#338 6 years ago
Quoted from JBK:

I'm looking for a system 7 MPU.

Working or for repair?

#339 6 years ago
Quoted from Drickey86:

Picked up the cyclone its home set up and plays thanks to my spare parts bin full restore soon !

Nice meeting ya and will definitely be seeing what ya got for sale if i make next year's show

#340 6 years ago

Good time, was there today but it seemed like the amount of games was about half as many as in previous years. Cointaker was missing as well, and it seemed like many regularly participating vendors weren't there either. I think last year's Cleveland show was bigger. Did something bad happen or was this a fluke? I dont want to see this show disappear, love it and look forward to it every year!

#341 6 years ago
Quoted from dhard:

Nice meeting ya and will definitely be seeing what ya got for sale if i make next year's show

Nice meeting you too , im putting a project jungle lord together right now that works to bring tomorrow open to offers

#342 6 years ago
Quoted from Drickey86:

Working or for repair?

I'd prefer working, but I'll take for repair if it's not acid damaged.

#343 6 years ago

Was planning on going, but second guessing it based on the pic of the event. There are no games there. What is causing this event to go down hill the last couple, years? Less and less machines... sad.

#344 6 years ago
Quoted from JBK:

I'd prefer working, but I'll take for repair if it's not acid damaged.

Ill bring a good one tomorrow

#345 6 years ago

Talk about disappointment, nothing there this year. Very few games, most are turned off or have no credits to play. Long lines to play the games that worked. What happened?

#346 6 years ago
Quoted from alexanr1:

Was planning on going, but second guessing it based on the pic of the event. There are no games there. What is causing this event to go down hill the last couple, years? Less and less machines... sad.

I have cash to spend. Figures

#347 6 years ago

No one is mentioning the real reason some vendors won’t come back.

#348 6 years ago

Thanks for the heads up about the lack of games . I would have been bummed if after a 4 hour drive there were fewer games there than in my game room . So just going to stay home this year.

I hope that this is just a freak occurrence , I really enjoy this Ohio show. always a great collection of games to play and there were always lots of games to buy. Always had a good time.
I would like to come for the Auction . Still might

I hope that all who attend have a great time.

#349 6 years ago
Quoted from Push600:

No one is mentioning the real reason some vendors won’t come back.

The vendors who didn't return are cointaker (they said it wasn't worth the trip in volume sales) and Andy Rosa who is at the circuit championship in Chicago. What is the real reason?

#350 6 years ago

I was at the show yesterday and had a very positive experience. Yes the game selection was not very large but the ones that were there were in very good condition (IJ, TAF - some of the nicest I've seen), the lines were very short for older games and even new were fairly quick and most importantly they had all the new titles (Pirates, TNA, Houdini) - that alone was worth it to me.

TNA and Pirates REALLY were impressive. Houdini was such a distant third it's not even funny but I'll explain that later.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
South Berwick, ME
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Salt Lake City, UT
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 457 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-ohio-show-2018-buy-sell-trade/page/7?hl=mitoska and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.