Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 71 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by crlush
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-5_(resized).jpg
    Playfield_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    Playfield.jpg
    Centaur_skeleton.jpg
    DrWho.jpg
    IMAG0322.jpg
    iphone_pics_112.jpg
    image-11_(1).jpg
    TFTC,.jpg
    ACDC.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JWS64.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#46 12 years ago

I don't understand all the hate for the XF artwork.

Everything within the game ties back in directly to episodes from the show. Is it that you think the
    artist that drew the character's on the playfield just wasn't very talented and the artwork suffered, or you just didn't like the content matter. There's nothing sexy about characters like the fluke man and Tooms, that I can agree with.

At the very top of the playfield there's alot that's hidden and you can't see it when you're
    playing the game. For example the letters E B E, those can't be seen and in the upper right corner the game plastic with picture of The Well-Manicured Man just can't be seen when playing the game.

I'd call the upper portion of the playfield that can't be seen bad design, not bad art.

The translite art work is what stands out to me. Every item on it is recognizable and the quality
    is pretty good.

Different strokes for different folks.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JWS64.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-ugly-playfield-art-thread?tu=JWS64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.