Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 71 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by crlush
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-5_(resized).jpg
    Playfield_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    Playfield.jpg
    Centaur_skeleton.jpg
    DrWho.jpg
    IMAG0322.jpg
    iphone_pics_112.jpg
    image-11_(1).jpg
    TFTC,.jpg
    ACDC.jpg
    There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 12 years ago
    Quoted from SunKing:

epotech said:Flash
    the slings have, perhaps, the ugliest women in pinball.
    http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=871&picno=19175

Whoa...Wait I feel like I've seen them ladies before? Oh riiiight...I saw them standing next to some pinballs for sale on Ebay.

#52 12 years ago

I agree with X Files and TFTC.
    Its all down to preference though, I regard Centaur as having the worst art ever because its disgusting and depressing and generally makes no sense but many other people think that the art is fantastic...

#53 12 years ago
    Quoted from Medieval_Gofers:

...I regard Centaur as having the worst art ever because its disgusting and depressing and generally makes no sense but many other people think that the art is fantastic...

Haha exactly. I would still say Centaur hands down best playfield ever made....but I can see what you're saying.
    It's like anything animated to me. South Park, Simpsons, Family Guy, just turns me off instantly. And I like some of the shows...just can't get into the art.

#54 12 years ago
    Quoted from Medieval_Gofers:

I regard Centaur as having the worst art ever because its disgusting and depressing and generally makes no sense but many other people think that the art is fantastic...

Centaur's not my cup of tea either... I have one with a worn out playfield, and I picked up a Bell Games Fantasy playfield from a show a while ago... so my plan is to swap the worn out Centaur p/f with the Fantasy, that will brighten the sucker up a bit

#55 12 years ago

I refer to Centaur as "Brutally Beautiful". Take you time and study it closer, it's 80's Heavy Metal fantasy to a tee. Paul Farris painted some of the best pinball art in history...period. To me nothing beats Bally artwork from the 70's and 80's.

#56 12 years ago

I refer to Centaur as "Brutally Beautiful". Take you time and study it closer, it's 80's Heavy Metal fantasy to a tee.

I've been through a few Centaurs and have spent ages trying to figure out if I like the artwork... the chick with the shades is cool, but then you realise it's her face, and it all seems a bit OTT freaky... almost freaky for the sake of freaky in a way... the half man-half bike take on the Greek mythalogical figure... I was more Goth than metal too... I think the playfield would be better if it had this Centaur dude than the one on there:

Centaur_skeleton.jpgCentaur_skeleton.jpg

#57 12 years ago

Yeah I'm not sure where the motorcycle theme came from, but I guess it's artist "creativity" LOL! As for the chick with the bug eyes, I'm assuming she's the "Queen" of the Centaurs. She's cool with me. They are pretty ugly dudes for sure....but well painted nonetheless.

#58 12 years ago
    Quoted from shock_me:

Paul Farris painted some of the best pinball art in history...period. To me nothing beats Bally artwork from the 70's and 80's.

+1,000

#59 12 years ago
    Quoted from shock_me:

Yeah I'm not sure where the motorcycle theme came from, but I guess it's artist "creativity" LOL!

It's all part of the motorcycles, leater, metal and a dose of mythalogical fantasy theme that was prime pinball fodder at the time that makes Centaur fit right in... and I agree that the chick with the bug-eyes is cool, I suppose I'd just prefer it if they were glasses...

Quoted from shock_me:

Paul Farris painted some of the best pinball art in history...period. To me nothing beats Bally artwork from the 70's and 80's.

I used to think the same to be honest, but I have to admit that I'm getting a bit bored of skulls and large breasts in pinball artwork... just seen so much of it... and I realise Farris did things other than skulls and large breasts (well, other than skulls at least , and Xenon will always be a showpiece... I'm just personally 'over exposed' to it I guess...

#60 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinballslave:

I'm getting a bit bored of skulls and large breasts in pinball artwork...

BLASPHEMY~!~!

#61 12 years ago

BLASPHEMY~!~!

If it's any consolation, Paragon was the game that got me hooked on pinball and the first game I tried to track down, and will always be in my collection... which is partly why I'm just a bit over-exposed to this kind of artwork... I feel I need an antidote, and am feeling drawn to Spain for the answer... where I'm in the process of buying this:

Playfield.jpgPlayfield.jpg

See, no skulls

#62 12 years ago

I like it! ....it's just missing some skulls.

#63 12 years ago
    Quoted from SunKing:

I like it! ....it's just missing some skulls. []

It's got what appears to be a zombified mutant sailor pulling his body out of the sea, presumably after being mauled by the sea monster... I'm sure it won't be long before he's all skullified!

#64 12 years ago
    Quoted from sleethering:

Take a look at Hardbody sometime.

+1

Back Glass, Playfield, cab all 10/10 on the Fugly-O-Meter. Try not to look at Hardbody if at all possible.

#65 12 years ago
    Quoted from sleethering:

GOOD LORD.
    Nothing more 80s than that graph paper background.

#66 12 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

sleethering said:
    GOOD LORD.
    Nothing more 80s than that graph paper background.

Graph paper SCREAMS mid-'80's design...it's everywhere if you look!
    Doc

#67 12 years ago

Rollergames playfield art is pretty bad. Like how it plays but the art on it is just terrible.

3 years later
    #68 8 years ago

This one is undeniably "creative"...but gives me a headache every time I see it!

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#69 8 years ago

Ugly as he'll but I played one a bunch of times at an expo cause no one else wanted to play it, if I saw one for a good price I would buy it. Too much pink

Playfield_(resized).jpgPlayfield_(resized).jpg

#70 8 years ago

Game Show is the worst ever

#71 8 years ago

Never played this one, but very ugly

image-5_(resized).jpgimage-5_(resized).jpg

There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-ugly-playfield-art-thread/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.