Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 71 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by crlush
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-5_(resized).jpg
    Playfield_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    Playfield.jpg
    Centaur_skeleton.jpg
    DrWho.jpg
    IMAG0322.jpg
    iphone_pics_112.jpg
    image-11_(1).jpg
    TFTC,.jpg
    ACDC.jpg
    There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 12 years ago

My vote...

Austin Powers.

edit: However, I do love that machine's DMD fonts.

#2 12 years ago

Dammit I was gunna start one like this with top 20 pins.

I mean so many to chose from out of everything. Jesus, Austin Powers is horrible.

X-Files is up there.

#3 12 years ago

Need I say more?

ACDC.jpgACDC.jpg

#4 12 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Need I say more?

Attachments ACDC.jpg (82.2 KB, 0 downloads)

Tell me the lights under the teeth and eyes are a joke.

I don't mind the artwork so much :-/

#5 12 years ago

Art looks good but jeez those light rectangles...uff.

#6 12 years ago
    Quoted from IndianaPwns:

Nope, not a joke..

and Xfiles gets my vote for ugliest DMD game ever.

#7 12 years ago

Tales From the Crypt looks like I drew it.

#8 12 years ago

Tales from the Crypt looks like I drew it.

Funny !!!!! I'd own it again tho...

TFTC,.jpgTFTC,.jpg

#9 12 years ago

JP - looks like a child drew it as well.

#10 12 years ago
    Quoted from bigdaddy07:

JP - looks like a child drew it as well.

Jeez...should we just make this "not including Sega or Data East Games?"

#11 12 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Need I say more?

Why didn't they do inserts that were the shape of the eyes and the mouth instead of rectangles.

#12 12 years ago

Just commenting on the games I've owned I'd say it's a tie between TFTC & DH

#13 12 years ago
    Quoted from donjagra:

Why didn't they do inserts that were the shape of the eyes and the mouth instead of rectangles.

It's ridiculous, right?

#14 12 years ago

Yeah pretty much Data East/SEGA territory if you're talking about the ugliest and forehead-slapping-est playfield art. No offense intended if you own or like these games i'm about to pan -

Jurrasic Park is a mess. Brown, green and skin tones jumbled together with black scribbles over everything. Prime playfield real estate is given to the memorably epic scene of Kramer chatting with John Hammond.

Back to the Future has that Marty McFly face. I understand they couldn't use the likeness but you're left wondering what expression is being shown and why they didn't come up with something different on the 'fly'.

Pinball Magic, Phantom of the Opera, Batman data east.... Batman Forever has that combination of ugly playfield and ugly DMD graphics.

#15 12 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

TFTC has my vote too, it's just bad, bad, bad!

#16 12 years ago
    Quoted from generica:

...Pinball Magic...

You scoundrel!

#17 12 years ago
    Quoted from IndianaPwns:

gweempose said:Need I say more?
    Attachments ACDC.jpg (82.2 KB, 0 downloads)

AHHH WTF NASTY! shoulda left those lights off the pro edition

#18 12 years ago

Well you can always disconnect them.

#19 12 years ago

Yea, that AC/DC set of lights looks dumb even if I do like the game.

I give ugliest playfield to South Park.

#20 12 years ago

Pinball magic. A lot to like about the game but the playfield is not one of them.

#21 12 years ago

Third vote for TFTC. I owned one for 3 years or so. That said I would absolutely own it again.
    I think the playfield and plastics are decent as well as the cabinet...... but the backglass was awful.

#22 12 years ago

To me it's TAF. Everything about it is awful, even the ramps and toys.

#23 12 years ago

I have to admit, the ACDC mini play field on the LE is super cool. It is a shame that they didn't put the mini play field on the pro version, or at least the burning devil art.

#24 12 years ago

Gotta go with the Phoenix. It could have been a lot cooler.

image-11_(1).jpgimage-11_(1).jpg

#25 12 years ago

i vote sopranos. fugly p/f art.

#26 12 years ago

Barb-Wire is my pick.

#27 12 years ago

Barb wire is also very awful.

#28 12 years ago

LW3 is pretty bad. The shot of Joe Pesci on there would crack me up and then make me shake my head.

iphone_pics_112.jpgiphone_pics_112.jpg

#29 12 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

Just commenting on the games I've owned I'd say it's a tie between TFTC & DH

Hmm, I really like the art on DH... Granted, there's heavy use of purple... But the Clint drawings are cool.

#30 12 years ago

I like just about any of the fields with hand drawn art for their own merit. The photoshop play fields make me cringe though. The only exceptions being tron, lotr, and iron man.

#31 12 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Need I say more?

That pretty much says it all.
    I was looking forward to this game till I saw the PF, when I saw the first pics I thought someone had posted a photoshopped joke and that butt ass bit of ugly couldn't possibly be real.
    First game that needs a mylar to protect the player's eyes instead of the PF.

Eric

#32 12 years ago

Honorable mention for the Indy reproductions on IJ?

#33 12 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

donjagra said:Why didn't they do inserts that were the shape of the eyes and the mouth instead of rectangles.
    It's ridiculous, right?

Yup, that's a brutal PF. Could they make that face any bigger (in my best Chandler Bing voice)

#34 12 years ago

I guess this should be on the funniest playfield art thread.

IMAG0322.jpgIMAG0322.jpg

#35 12 years ago

I would take a DE game any day over the Sega artwork. Independence Day, X-Files, Godzilla, the photo shopping is god awful. Granted some are better than others. R&B and DE SW are some of the better ones. As a hang glider pilot, that title really let me down as well. Plenty of bad ones from each manufacturer to go around. Can't wait to see some of the new games coming out completed.

#36 12 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

It is ugly, but it's true to the theme. I actually like it. I think the playfield on AFM is kinda bland.

#37 12 years ago

Pinball Magic,

Pinball Magic.

You're both wrong, pinball magic has a beautiful playfield!

Jeez...should we just make this "not including Sega or Data East Games?"

That's a good idea, otherwise it's a one horse race... DrWho gets my vote of ugliest non-DE playfield... in fact it beats most DE playfields anyway... (except TFTC, LW3 and LAH!)

DrWho.jpgDrWho.jpg

#38 12 years ago

I hate to admit it, but I love the art on DW. It totally reminds me of the old episodes.

#39 12 years ago

MSF looks like someone took a dump on it.

#43 12 years ago
    Quoted from donjagra:

I hate to admit it, but I love the art on DW. It totally reminds me of the old episodes.

The backglass art for Dr. Who is hands down the worst ever pinball backglass ever.

#44 12 years ago
    Quoted from IndianaPwns:

donjagra said:I hate to admit it, but I love the art on DW. It totally reminds me of the old episodes.
    The backglass art for Dr. Who is hands down the worst ever pinball backglass ever.

Take a look at Hardbody sometime.

#45 12 years ago

I'd like to add pretty much any pin with Constantino Mitchell's work on it. Not only is it bad art, but it's also generally ripped off from someone else' drawings

#46 12 years ago

I don't understand all the hate for the XF artwork.

Everything within the game ties back in directly to episodes from the show. Is it that you think the
    artist that drew the character's on the playfield just wasn't very talented and the artwork suffered, or you just didn't like the content matter. There's nothing sexy about characters like the fluke man and Tooms, that I can agree with.

At the very top of the playfield there's alot that's hidden and you can't see it when you're
    playing the game. For example the letters E B E, those can't be seen and in the upper right corner the game plastic with picture of The Well-Manicured Man just can't be seen when playing the game.

I'd call the upper portion of the playfield that can't be seen bad design, not bad art.

The translite art work is what stands out to me. Every item on it is recognizable and the quality
    is pretty good.

Different strokes for different folks.

#47 12 years ago
    Quoted from JWS64:

I don't understand all the hate for the XF artwork.
    Everything within the game ties back in directly to episodes from the show..

Everything on the Baywatch machine ties directly into the Baywatch show, this doesn't make it good. Actually it makes it horrible

Segas were just nasty. The big arrow inserts, the rainbow colors are just plain ugly.
    I had forgotten about them till I saw a CSI...put that one on the list.

#48 12 years ago
    Quoted from IndianaPwns:

I can't disgree with you there, it's even worse than SF2 !!

#49 12 years ago
    Quoted from sleethering:

Take a look at Hardbody sometime.

At least Hardbody's got some 'not too ugly' women on it... and some mirror effect... OK, they look like guys to a degree, but what has DrWho got... the best looking thing on there is the Darlek... and it's hard to beat that as something ugly to look at, but they managed it!

#50 12 years ago

I don' t think Flash is that bad - remember - we are talking playfields. However, I will agree that the slings have, perhaps, the ugliest women in pinball.

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=871&picno=19175

There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-ugly-playfield-art-thread and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.