IMG_3100 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240411_225620072.MP (resized).jpg
20240410_181338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_184826850.MP.jpg
IMG_5558 (resized).jpeg
PNG image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #91 Rush song list Posted by Bill2112Rush (2 years ago)

Post #1378 RULES. Link to RUSH Rulesheet Posted by Av8 (2 years ago)

Post #1389 TECH: SWITCHES. Lockdown bar action button not working - fix Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1818 MOD: SOUND. Amp DIY upgrade for RUSH Posted by TinyBlackDog (2 years ago)

Post #2123 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter lane adjustment to stop rattling ball launch Posted by Coyohtay (2 years ago)

Post #3107 TECH: SOUND. Headphone Jack no-boot when installed workaround Posted by AUKraut (2 years ago)

Post #3632 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Scoop losing track of balls. Posted by Schwaggs (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zebpin61.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6445 1 year ago

Just joined this club today and got about 20 games in on my 4/25 build Premium! What a fun, fast game - loving the music even though I don't have much of a clue yet on rules/strategy. Reading the last few day's of posts here already helping big time. Thanks all!

#6638 1 year ago

Loaded VO.96.0 this morning on my 4/26/22 build game using 16gb usb successfully - suddenly now I'm not getting several flashers (sling L & R, drum insert ) on Node B & C as well as single LEDs on Node B, C & D (pop bumbers, L & R orbits, drum inserts). Checked all my connections under pf confirming they are secure. Any one else experiencing this? Would appreciate any guidance/suggestions. Thanks. John

#6793 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

New code out. 0.97
Fixed:
- Fixed a machine reset that could occur when players with long
usernames had unlocked the secret feature.
- Wildcard records:
- Fixed an issue that could cause players to get into a state where they
would always have wildcard records available at ball start, even if they
had not earned any.
- Fixed an issue that could cause shots lit for wildcards to not actually
place the wildcard records.
Tweaked:
- Stepper Motors:
- Updated stepper motor adjustments for lift ramp to improve reliability.
- Side Scoop Lock:
- Changed the default adjustment for SIDE SCOOP LOCKS BALLS to ALWAYS.
- NOTE: The existing behavior can be restored by setting the adjustment to
NEVER.
- Expression Lights:
- Improved music lightshows throughout gameplay.
- Cygnus X-1 Wizard Modes:
- Added additional scoring for starting Cygnus X-1 Wizard Modes.
- Improved animations during Cygnus X-1 Book I: The Voyage.
- Added an add-a-ball award for the player upon reaching the halfway point
through the Yellow planet.

Quick question - what's the difference/benefit to selecting the "quick" update on the game vs full update? I've been choosing the full update as I went from 93 to 96 and 96 to 97. Appreciate any insight. John

1 week later
#7070 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Thanks. I'm finally close to being completely caught up after being chronically backlogged for months on a bunch of popular items. There are still a few items that are holding up a handful of orders (Stranger Things Burn it Back brackets and TMNT Turtle Select brackets, for example), but generally things are finally getting back to more normal shipping times. Just in time for new JP and Elvira color brackets! Ha!

Same here: Ordered PinMonk color mode and instrument insert lenses on Monday and arrived that Wednesday! Excellent turn around & service. Thanks!

1 week later
#7308 1 year ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

The magnets shut off when the get too hot as a protection. This happened with GZ and Stern did a software update which fixed it.

Would lowering the magnet power setting help those experiencing intermittent magnet loss due to overheating? Admittedly just a work-around until Stern comes up with a better fix.

#7383 1 year ago
Quoted from gouveia:

These gameroommods tubes are awesome! Exactly what was needed. Great attention to detail, size, etc.
Nice job!
[quoted image][quoted image]

I installed the gameroommods yesterday - the time machine and dice over each scoop - look very good. I'm very pleased with both. Also picked up the pinmonk insert color films to help with mode clarity. Other than that, I don't plan to mod RUSH much more. It already seems visually busy/exciting for me. Expression lighting is high on my list and then I think I'm done. Everybody has their own preferences, I a bit of a minimalist on RUSH: I do so enjoy this game!

#7414 1 year ago
Quoted from Maken:

That's not how it works. The premium would need to be rated higher than the LE. Pinside takes the highest score from all of the available models for the top 100.
So, if you want Rush to move up, you need to rate the LE (which you haven't rated) higher than it's current score.

I don't think that's the issue: I recall a previous posting that stated there needed to be at least 35 or 45 reviews before they appear on the 100 top listing. I could be wrong....

#7417 1 year ago
Quoted from Maken:

Upon further review...
The LE rating has been lowered greatly by about half a dozen pinsiders rating Rush LE below a 5 (probably to lower its ranking). The premium has zero scores below 5.
Therefore, I believe the premium may in fact boost Rush's ranking, as it will likely be rated higher than the LE due to the above.

Thanks for the additional look at the rating data. I just submitted my RUSH Premium rating (not quite double those low 5 ratings - but close...)
Always want to be honest about ratings, don't like or want to spike or sink a game for bad intent. Karma baby!

#7567 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Question, I played a pro again and still love it. I am not a RUSH fan. I don’t hate them mine you. My daughters like it but not the theme. Are you owners still enjoying the game? I am really thinking about picking a pro up.
I currently have Godzilla pro, EHOH premium, and Halloween. I sold AIQ and GOTG this year. Three pins just doesn’t feel right and want a 4th one again.
I definitely prefer RUSH over Dead Pool and Mando. Thanks for any feedback.

A little late in responding to your question as I was bricking up a foundation window that took way too long... I too have HW (seen you many times on that thread too) besides RNM, ACNC and a couple older Stern games. Since getting my RUSH Premium in late May, I've played it every day. It's sticky - keeping my attention, returning for ever more play time. It's simply an uplifting game to play. Then, I go over to RNM to get my butt kicked or ACNC for some subway surprises. HW, just for blood. Get the RUSH!

#7575 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Thank you so much for your reply. A guy locally who bought my AIQ has an LE. I asked him if he was interested in my EHOH premium and he is if I sell it.
He said he has to sell RUSH first. I said what about an even trade? (If wife is cool with it lol). So I definitely want to do the trade. My Elvira has topper, side armor, medisinyl mods, shaker, pinnovators sub kit, art blades, and through lighting kit.
I really like Elvira but RUSH is just so much more fun. Plus it’s an LE.
So what mods do you recommend?

Full disclosure: I'm not a over-the-top mod enthusiast. Yes I have many mods for RNM & ACNC since the playfields seem so open and receptive to enhancements. But RUSH already seemed over stimulating to me. I did go with the gameroommods Ge Vac tubes and green LED dice, small change but big enhancement. I'll let everyone else weigh in on sound systems, powder coatings etc. You're going to have a blast with this one!

1 week later
#7886 1 year ago
Quoted from orangedude71:

Annnnnd. Node 10 blown.. ok.. start the clock.. emailed stern Today. Any bets on ETA for replacement?
[quoted image]

This Tuesday will be 6 weeks since notifying Stern with diagram and photo's regarding "Lower Center" and "3-Bank" LED boards. While not a Node 10 situation, one can only hope things pick-up.

20220528_RUSH LED flashers out (resized).jpg20220528_RUSH LED flashers out (resized).jpg
1 month later
#9020 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Is it just me or are there others who don't have any issues with the loop reg. shots?
I was just placing an order with NC for the shooter lane fix wondering if I should be ordering the piece for the loop shot but honestly, I don't seem to have a problem there.
Am I the only one?

No problem with loop on my Premium, April build.

#9085 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Asked about this a few pages ago but did anyone install the shooter lane protector from Cliffy yet?
[quoted image][quoted image]

I also have Cliffy's on order for RUSH. After installing Cliffy's on my RAM, ACNC and a few on HW - I knew I had to install on the RUSH shooter lane. Let us know how your install goes please...

#9087 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Not a single vuk reject here, and the shooter lane fix from ninja solved the problem.

No inner dead-end VUK rejects, no problems with the side scoop switch, no Node 10 board issues but issues with the lower center LED and 3-bank LED boards on my April 2022 Premium build.

#9095 1 year ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

What does your VUK dead end look like? It sounds like Stern must've changed something with the design if you and others aren't getting rejects anymore.

Here are a few pics of the dead end vuk but I'm not sure it reveals much (other than I need to clean after the vuk and get a protector sooner than later)

Quoted from Animal:

I have installed shooter lane protectors on past pins. but I honestly believe that they are overkill on HUO pins.

I hear ya but depending on the pin, I've seen some of my HUO shooter lanes get beaten up too quickly. Some of the VUK actions are too strong/violent causing wood damage or scarring. VUK setting adjustment is certainly one way to reduce wear but shooter lane protectors installed early, give some worthwhile added protection.

20220825_162951 (resized).jpg20220825_162951 (resized).jpg20220825_163016 (resized).jpg20220825_163016 (resized).jpg20220825_163023 (resized).jpg20220825_163023 (resized).jpg
#9111 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Hey zebpin61 what's up with the spiderwebbed insert?[quoted image]

SkyKing2301 Good question, had me go check out all my RUSH insets. Appears it's just an optical illusion on the photo: The inserts all have a slight "modeling" that appears clear either unlit or illuminated. Thanks for asking though as it prompted me to look closer and appreciate the finer details. Have a great pinball weekend!

20220826_085954 (resized).jpg20220826_085954 (resized).jpg
#9157 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I also installed the Cliffy over the weekend as well but I am not sure how to straighten it out or if it just ok the way it is? There really is no way that I can see to turn it...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Curious, were the two lower holes pre-indented? I've got Cliffy's on order for my RUSH Prem too and wonder if it's not pre-formed, if I might be able to redrill the lower mounting hole if absolutely necessary. The alignment being off would bother me too, kinda defeats the purpose of the protection.

2 weeks later
#9495 1 year ago

Repost from an earlier ACNC post:
With so many games using magnets, besides keeping a stash of new balls I have a ball demagnetizer that seems to work as well. Guess it's like having a belt and suspenders...

Here's the amazon link
amazon.com link »

But it's a little cheaper if you go this route and don't need it for another month:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3256802901601221.html?gatewayAdapt=4itemAdapt

#9498 1 year ago
Quoted from Diamond:

Can someone help me out with how to calibrate the drum clock on my LE? Couldn’t find anything in the service menu. Thanx.

There have been lots of discussion on this topic in this thread. do a quick search and you'll find what you need.

#9608 1 year ago
Quoted from bhelms:

Hi folks - getting a bit off recent topics here. How long have you waited for a warranty replacement Node 8 (or 9) board from Stern? They told me "e-mail back if you haven't received it in 3 weeks"; I've heard it can take months! I did an end-around and bought a replacement board from Nitro Pinball, had it in 48-hours! I paid twice the Stern list price ($99) but for me it was worth it to get back in business that fast. Most online retailers are simply out of stock for this item, typically at ~$130. Given that these node boards are a known weak link, I believe having a spare is essential to "operations" so I would probably have bought one at some point. And of course there's always that Murphy's Law corollary to help guide us: "If you have a spare on the shelf you'll never need it...!"
BTW - Stern's support thus far has been prompt, detailed, and valuable. The tech. support rep. worked me through a couple of issues successfully. There might be a comment to be made about the reliability of that node board, QC, etc. Underdesigned, perhaps? Or cheap components used? But the supply chain issue I might be experiencing is probably completlely out of their hands. I realize they can't stop production to send me a board.

I've been waiting on replacement boards (Lower Center LED and 3-bank LED boards) since 5/31/22 on my RUSH Premium, a 4/15/22 build. Have followed up 5 times since a flurry of activity/correspondence in early June. The two Stern contacts that I've corresponded with have been responsive but its been radio silence since mid-August. Love the game but really wish I could enjoy the game fully, working.

1 week later
#9779 1 year ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Cliffy makes great quality products, I have my protectors on order! Using mylar in the shooter lane in the meantime.
I always get cliffys for all of my games, such a low cost modification for the best protection.

Same here, I've got cliffys on the 4 of my HUO games but not on my 2 player games as they're from '95 and '08. Just received my cliffy's for RUSH and HW78 Monday of this week. Nice quality and peace of mind for protecting my precious...

1 week later
#9900 1 year ago

I'm still trying to debug why I lost function to a host of pf LED's (planets 19-24, instrument drop targets 28-30, left flashers 165/166, pop bumpers, clock etc). Would someone kindly take a photo of your 8b board? Following p30 on the LE/Premium manual lists CN5 with pin1, black wire as ground but the connector on my board looks backwards, using the board markings compared to the connector wires. I'm tempted to reverse the connector based on this but I'm worried I may have misinterpreted the situation. The connector and pin set appear to be correctly oriented but wires don't correspond to 8b board table on p30. Serial In and OUT connectors are consistent though.

20221005_114036 (resized).jpg20221005_114036 (resized).jpg20221005_114041 (resized).jpg20221005_114041 (resized).jpg
#9910 1 year ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

Not the greatest pictures, but happened to catch the area in question, when taking photos of something else. Best I can do currently, without lifting the playfield. I have flipped the pics, so that they are oriented like your post. Looks like they are plugged in the same as mine.[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks @SterlingRush, I agree you're setup looks the same. Really do appreciate you taking the time. Just going to have to keep working this issue some other way.

#9911 1 year ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Assuming the lights DID work at some time your pin is wired correctly. If you've lost all lower GI but had it at first, unplug all connections to the board and look at the plugs end on end. Look for any plug wire that is not seated in the plug correctly- probably an orange wire but it could be another wire

Appreciate your suggestion @wtatumjr, unseated each plug in 8a and 8b, checking to see wires were fully seated within their housing, but alas, still no success. Been waiting since May 31st for Stern to send replacement boards - but you know how that goes... Again, Thanks!

#9981 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

And the Rush standup target sound is super annoying. Hope they change it.

Funny, I actually enjoy it: Makes me chuckle as I watch the ball return to the flippers. To each his/her own I guess...

#9983 1 year ago
Quoted from pete_d:

TBH, I think it's a toss-up. Given that you're going to have to do something, and given that all the various options do address the basic issue, it's going to come down to what you personally would prefer.
If it were me, I'd start with Stern and get them to send the v3 protector. If I recall correctly, they are sending those out to owners free. Not sure what if anything they're doing about installation for owners who don't want to/can't do the work themselves, but if they're willing to send your local distributor or a tech out to do the install, even better. Let them take care of it. But even if you have to do the install yourself, you're no worse off than if you'd gotten an aftermarket option, and it's what the latest revision of the game design has.
Some people love to modify their games, to personalize it or whatever. Other people don't. Which kind of person are you? That will have a lot to do with which option you choose.
Even if you don't plan to install the v3 protector, get Stern to send it to you anyway. Then if/when you resell the game, it's right there with the spare parts for the game in case the new owner prefers that.
Between the two aftermarket fixes, I also think it's a toss-up. The metal version has the advantage of looking more "stock". It's just a beefier version of the regular metal protectors, if I understand correctly. But that does mean that theoretically it could start to deform like the actual original stock part did, just taking a lot longer to succumb. I gather than the seller of the metal version has a great track record in the community and is known for standing behind their products.
On the other hand, the NinjaCamp option gives you the opportunity to pick your color, and there are several different color options that seem to go really nicely with the game playfield art. They don't look stock, but they do look really nice. In theory, the material they make the protectors out of (3D-printed thermoplastic polyurethane) should last for a long time, maybe forever, and should never itself damage the playfield. But only time will tell if these parts actually hold up as advertised. That said, I have the impression that the sellers will respond right away if you have any trouble at all with them, so it's a pretty risk-free way to go in that respect.
As far as whether to keep playing the game for now, I think you should be fine, but keep an eye on the current metal around the scoops. If you see it starting to deform at all, give the game a rest. You've got plenty of other games to play there anyway .

Please post a photo of the v3 protector so I can determine if my April 2022 Premium already has it or not. So far I'm ok with the scoop set up I have but don't want to overlook this if I run the risk of premature pf wear. I recently installed a full Cliffy set (except for the scoops since they still looked good/performed well) and if I have the v3 already I'd feel better waiting longer to complete the full installation. Thanks!

#9986 1 year ago
Quoted from drummermike:

V3
[quoted image]

drummermike and DakotaMike - Thank you both (Mike's) for your super fast response. Now I have no excuse to go play, I mean, inspect my RUSH game!

#10023 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Could a Premium/LE owners do me a favor and take a picture of their working Node 10 board?
I'd like the photo for comparison purposes. It would also be nice if the picture showed connectors going into the board. I'm curious how mine compares.
Thanks in advance.

Least I could do is shoot a quick photo of the node 10 board after you helped me just last week. Hope it covers your need ok.

20221010_171315 (resized).jpg20221010_171315 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#10359 1 year ago

Next week will mark 5 months that I've been waiting for replacement boards 8 & 8b (lower center and the 3 bank LED boards). I've followed up with Stern half a dozen times without results. Pablo of Tech Support was great in the first week or so but once the matter was handed off to warranty parts order area it's been zip. When I read on this forum how some node 10 boards are replaced in a couple of weeks, it has me thinking that my request is being ignored. Any recommendations from fellow RUSH owners? 5 months simply sucks!

2 weeks later
#10661 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I don't think you know what strident means, or you're exaggerating on purpose.
I'm not stridently discouraging anyone from DIYing. Not even regular discouraging. Just real talk saying I don't think you'll get a good protector with what Cricut can cut. The person that talked about tracing, dremeling and finishing as a way to to it, I agreed with. My perspective is that in this case, it's a cheap thing to buy at like $25/set, so I don't see the point in DIYing it unless you're really into the process itself. That's it.

Agreed: I've made a couple of clear protective plastics for my A13 and really enjoyed the DIY aspect. While I've also purchased some clear plastics for RUSH to contain a ball to register on the tight turnback, I had the time to fabricate the A13 protectors since a '95 game already has brittle OEM plastics and sometimes questionable reproductions. Ironically, I've used oscillating tools to cut 1/8" acrylic and haven't had one chip yet (I'm probably doomed to chipping one tonight!).

#10675 1 year ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

https://www.kleintools.com/catalog/level-measuring-tools/digital-angle-gauge-and-level
I use this Klein tool at work for alignments and for pins. Can be had for about $30.

Same here. Just be sure to take measurements across several locations, upper/mid/lower, as I've found readings vary (especially if you can't avoid pf inserts).

3 weeks later
#11108 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Not sure who made you Chief gatekeeper tainting the owners forum here. Most people want to be helpful. Clearly that's not you. I'm not sure why you have to reply to every post on here in nauseating amounts detail that I know I personally don't read.
Anyway.. if anybody wants to talk about Rush Pinball ownership I'm interested. Sorry if I didn't buy one on launch date or read 11,000 posts. I'm pretty sure there's only one Pete d on here And that's easy enough to solve with the ignore button. Feel free to use it on me too.

No animus here, just for those reading this and several other club threads regularly, it's very common for repeat questions being asked and prompting wash/rinse/repeat cycles. It could be that new pinsiders may not be familiar with search features or key noted posts on each thread. After awhile I've gotten the impression there's a strong desire for instant response/answer without first making some effort up front. This probably sounds comical coming from me after only 1.5 years on Pinside, can't imagine how the 10yr members feel. It clearly is an amazing place where many people want to help.

3 weeks later
#11610 1 year ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Amen. Wouldn’t rule out looking into upgrading to a premium or LE eventually, but after the node 10 issue is figured out. It it really is just a bunch of snagged/snipped wires - it’s bizarre that it seems like just a Rush premium issue.
Surprised there aren’t more GZ and other recent node 10 games having the same issue. Is the moving ramp the cause, does it cause the tension?

The node10 issue seems like a perfect candidate for Stern to use a true "root cause analysis". Just on Pinside we've read of overtightened zip ties on cable feeds to the ramp, worn/damaged wire insulation and several loose connectors/partially seated trifurcon terminals. Hope Stern has some 6-sigma/quality system trained personnel to finally get to the bottom of this. Would seem possible that Stern could tie the ultimate cause to their production records and if needed, change assembly procedure and/or train personnel. Just saying...

#11639 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Mine was Feb 15, FYI. I did go under and look at the zip ties; they didn't look overly tightened like some of the ones pictured here in this thread. All the talk about it recently makes we want to go double check though, lol.

Node10 data collection is key:
- Premium 4/25/2022 build,
- 355 plays,
- NO problem with node10 (did have a node8 have issues).
- Replaced zip ties on wire harness off ramp, minor wire insulation indent

#11706 1 year ago
Quoted from Minnpin65:

Man! Some of these scores you guys are achieving makes me want to go bury my head in the sand! I’m an average player, I think, and I can’t get over 500,000 on this game! Guess I don’t fully understand the rule set?

When it comes to pinball high scores - I'm a below average player, and damn proud of it. Anyhow, these guys can't afford glass so that explains their super powers...

1 month later
#12398 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

I got m my premium as a show game.
Just curious, did the NIB premiums come with any goodies? My baggie stapled to the game only has a manual, I think.
Thanks

Oh sure, just node10 board roulette game. Just kidding. Welcome to the club!

#12444 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Same here. And it's my favorite band. I think I had to come to grips with owning more than 1 pinball machine. Once I played it one good long session on location, I knew had to own it. On a side note, I was wondering who did all the sounds. They're awesome and needs a nod to RayDay to tell them they did a great job.

"Danger Will Robinson" (dating myself for sure) - once you decide to go beyond 1 they multiply, FAST!
You start out moving furniture, then changing rooms, next possibly taking over the garage or eventually, moving to a larger house!
Great hobby and really fun - Enjoy!

#12524 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Just a printed pic under the apron. I don't use the IC, so don't care that it covers it.[quoted image]

Same here, did the same thing with a picture. Don't feel a need to have Stern monitoring my poor pinball play.

#12527 1 year ago

Well, had to go down and take a quick pic. Thanks for asking...

20230218_224310 (resized).jpg20230218_224310 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#12699 1 year ago
Quoted from ian866:

No offence, but why did you continue to spend money with a company who you perceive to be not taking your claim seriously ?

Agreed. I waited 9 months for a warranty 8node board but venting here doesn't really help in the big pic. It's tough, it's frustrating but doesn't solve much. We all have a nuclear button but how many times can we push the button? I still love pinball but accept the environment...

2 weeks later
#12841 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

To put in mathematically:
X = Poorly made connector that might fail at any time from the vibration of the game
Y = Warning label stating disconnecting while power on will cause damage
Z = Take the ten minutes to cut out the connector, solder the wires together and heat shrink
X + Y = Z

Allow me to add to your equation a factor for the node10 board availability and price... "&"
(X + Y) x 3& = Z

A strong argument to pre-emptively do "Z"

#12876 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

I have a specific question the Premium owners here: Do you -like- the features of your Premium? Not to be confused with "do you like the pin overall", I mean do you like the clock, the moving ramp, etc? With most pins I actually like the Premium upgrades, but specifically on Rush the moving ramp and clock do nothing for me, and the changing of the dead end shot to the upkick-into-habitrail I actually like less.
And, this isn't trying to bash on Pros vs Premiums - I'm just trying to get people's opinions about the Premium features of the pins they own and see if there's something I'm missing.

Yeah, I really enjoy the ramp and clock on my premium. Both are key features and focal points on this fun, long playing game.

1 week later
#13182 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

So, so many complaints about the high price of the new topper. There's a HUGE positive aspect to this, too. Pinball is hot right now! We've had the release of no fewer than 6 new games this year. That's incredible! Why? Because the market can support this. Sure, they're expensive. Would you prefer the alternative? A slow, dead market that can't support new development and new releases? If these sky-high prices can't be sustained, they won't. A bit of patience will pay off in this case. I say, bring 'em on. A healthy, robust market in the pin hobby means more innovation, more choices, and more new product. That's not nothing.

I'd like to agree but I see the launch of 6 new games as the "greed" factor (as apposed to "fear") as manufacturers push the market beyond its support level. I hope I'm wrong but if it mirrors real estate markets, bubbles doo pop. A sure sign of success is over supply, gluttony then bust. Hope I'm wrong. As for toppers, I'm lucky - my darn ceiling is too low so there's no decision on cost/ROI etc.

#13190 1 year ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

I’m not understanding how the launching of 6 new games by 6 different manufacturers is greed…it’s not like all of the companies got together to scheme the hobbyists. Hell, I’m thankful that we have 6 companies in the industry that are releasing games. The industry is obviously not stagnant. That would be like saying that Ford, Chevrolet, Toyota, Kia, and Nissian releases their new vehicles at the same time is greed. Once again, this points to a very strong market. You can’t be upset with people who are paying these prices. Just like any other HOBBY, you have to pay to play. Again, just my opinion….

I appreciate your reply/response. At the risk of being "moderated" for discussing a topic covered in other threads.... I'm probably dating myself when I reflect on a period when it was only Gottlieb/Williams/Bally with games routed and priced under $2k. The car parallel is interesting as I thought about Pontiac, Plymouth and Mercury: Brands discontinued as other manufacturers gained prominence, adding to supply. Anywho, back to RUSH: Love it too!

#13253 1 year ago
Quoted from Ten31:

Are these them holes?[quoted image]

indeed they are.

3 weeks later
#13802 1 year ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

Still having my Node 8 issues. Goes out for 3 to 4 seconds then kicks back in. I have been emailing with stern. They had me play with CN15 disconected and the issue still occurred. Now Stern is asking for a video of gameplay. Could this be that the whole node board is faulty?

Sorry to hear about your Node8 issues: Recognizing that similar issues may not involve the same root cause/solution, I had a lower pf insert issue about one week after getting my RUSH Prem. It took 9 months to get the Stern replacement in my case but what may help you diagnose your problem further - there are two (2) Node8 boards in RUSH, just with slightly different DIP switch settings. The upper pf inserts are controlled by "Node 9" but the board is actually the same. Check out your manual to confirm and also check the DIP settings. Point is - you can carefully detach the connectors on both boards (AFTER taking a few photos), adjust the DIP switches and swap the boards to see if the intermittent problem moved to the upper pf, proving it's the board. If it doesn't move then there are likely connectivity issues, check all impacted insert bases/wired.

2 weeks later
#14187 11 months ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

Wooo! Email notice from UPS that an order from Flip N Out Pinball will be delivered tomorrow! What is in that order? Why a Rush topper!
And of course I'm going away this weekend. (kicks the gound like the Roll the Bones cover kid)

Any chance you got my Flip N Out email that my EL is shipping????? Can dream right?

1 week later
#14551 11 months ago
Quoted from Kez11:

Just got my "SOL" message from my distributor. In essence, they got a fraction of their allotment of toppers, and I did not make the cut. Now they're taking deposits for a "next run" that Stern will give no timetable on.
Lovely.

Who was your distributor if you don't mind sharing? I ordered from Flip N Out almost immediately after hearing the EL was available, haven't heard anything so far.

#14562 11 months ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:Love their way of paying in full for these accessories when you order. No idea when anything is going to ship but you are paid in full and $500 non-refundable deposit for the topper. Good way to never get my money again. Still taking orders for the topper too.

I hear you. Not trying to trash distributors as I assign ownership of this problem with Stern. FlipN Out service department's Greg has been very responsive to all my requests.

#14737 11 months ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Just to play devil’s advocate - it could be that Stern hasn’t sent them what was promised.
I’m in the same boat as you, and I’m kinda basing my anxiety level on how many posts I see here from people who’ve gotten theirs. So far I’m not seeing much, so I assume MOST of us are waiting.
I wouldn’t assume bad faith in the part of the distributor. Yet.

Agreed. Too easy to start feeling anxious and then taking it out on possibly the wrong party. Yeah, I ordered it the day it came out but just going to wait my turn.

2 weeks later
#15184 10 months ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

I installed Rush EL in my Foo Fighters premium without the art it’s fine. Was thinking when my Foo lights arrive maybe try and put mirror blades instead of the art blades

Ugh, the frustration I feel as I waaaaaaait for my EL FnO order to be filled... RUSH EL going on FF. No hard feelings, just envy!

1 week later
#15385 10 months ago
Quoted from PokerTech68:

I have over 400 plays on my RUSH Pro with the stock Stern black scoop protectors (blinders some people call them) and have had no issues with them and they still look fine. I can also hit the scoop shot with no problem at all. My machine was made in June of 2022 by the way so they are the second revision that Stern came out with not the original blue ones that seemed to fall apart.

Same here, blue scoop protectors on a 4/25/22 build, no problems on my RUSH Prem.

#15388 10 months ago
Quoted from TomW:

I know it's likely been covered here before, but I can't find it. Is there a fix for the time machine ramp gap ball trap?
THX

While I haven't had many stranded balls between the ramp and time machine, I agree with @Shudel5 summary, letting the ball search resolve it for me. It's a longshot but do you have the game slope at or above 6 degrees? If less, then maybe the gap could be more problematic.

2 weeks later
#15630 9 months ago

All you billion+ players can skip this post: I'm embarrassingly proud of my 541 million high score today while lamely playing through the rule set. Had nearly 400million on the 1st ball but couldn't get close to that allusive billion point club... yeah, someday.

20230714_113126 (resized).jpg20230714_113126 (resized).jpg
4 weeks later
#16059 8 months ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Expression lights have arrived, but I can't install till tomorrow.

Glad for you, even if it has to wait till tomorrow.... my order placed within an hour ot two of announcement, may be contemplated being made in some Chinese province in 4th quarter while the full payment I made is long long long gone. Just a little jealous and rueful on my part.

#16146 8 months ago

Hell has frozen over, EL package arrived today - like so many others, no advance notice. FnO ordered. Ending on a positive note: I'm glad to finally have them.

#16150 8 months ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

Hell has frozen over, EL package arrived today - like so many others, no advance notice. FnO ordered. Ending on a positive note: I'm glad to finally have them.

The ELs have been in for the last hour - and just, WOW! Feels like a concert. Everyone before was right. After installing art blades on 3 of my other games, I knew I had to take the pf out: so much easier installation. Thanks to the many earlier posts which helped me with my install.

#16168 8 months ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

I'm sure I would also "love" the expression lights. However, I am having trouble picturing how having a mesmerizing light show would not detract from the ability to play well.

Interesting thought, yet I had my 2nd best high score a few hours after installing the ELs. Granted I'm a midling half billion boy so if your one of the multi billion bangers, no problem.

I've enjoyed watching the show taking a few moments after the start of a new game and while another plays. I actually have taken to some of my least favorite songs because I like the optics. Your choice of course, but I'd honestly think you'd really like them.

#16172 8 months ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Wow! Got the ramp kit in under 48 hours.
https://i.imgur.com/KywgVgR.jpg

Amazing! You just barely beat my order lead time placed 3/28 by about 126 days... Nice!
Now see if you can get'm installed within 3 hrs of receipt and beat that "score" too.

#16274 8 months ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

The sickness is real, cant wait another year or 2 and see 4 more lined up in that room of yours! haha
Your game is looking solid!

I'm thinking more like a Fibonacci sequence of pinball collection growth! 0-1-1-2-3-5-8-13... I'm at 8 and reset to zero only 3 yrs ago. Good luck!

1 month later
#16530 6 months ago

Maybe I'm the outlier but beating any game isn't a priority for me. I enjoy the profoundly simple battle of me against the machine. The longer it takes, the better. Yes, I'm a buy-and-hold guy on everything: cars, old homes and pinball. Rules, sure - but no rush as I'm happy to keep battling the beast. No shade on others driven to master a game, I just don't want to rush to the end any earlier than necessary....

1 week later
#16597 6 months ago
Quoted from exotics4fun:

Question for this great community, I'm over 1k plays now on my premium and notice that my time machine magnet seems to basically fail or stop working after a game or two. I see some previous comments to this effect in the thread but never saw a resolution, anyone ever find a way to fix this? Not sure if it's the magnet itself or an overheat or something.
Also related but not certain I seem to recall when I first got the machine an upper flipper shot that would "hook" the ball into the time machine, but that hasn't happened for me in ages. Not sure if that's a code thing, a magnet thing, or if I'm remembering wrong as that was in the early days of ownership...

After 1k plays and the upper flipper no longer hooking balls into time machine, I'd first check that flipper coil expecting to clean the coil insert, core and piston core. Also would spot check other coils to see if general cleaning warranted. Coil stops notoriously known for quick wear too.

#16599 6 months ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

I don't think the time machine is designed to be makable from the upper flipper. Maybe on a lucky bounce, but there is no angle.

I actually have made it several times, maybe 20 over the last year. Granted, not frequent but occasional.

2 weeks later
#16823 6 months ago
Quoted from dos_reboot:

For those who have installed the expression lighting, is it worth the cost?

Without a hesitation, yes.

#16852 6 months ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

We are having a problem updating to the 1.13 code. I tried to connect our wi-fi & I am unable to get a signal. The machine also picks up our neighbors wi-fi signal. Our wi-fi definitely works since my wife can pick it up on her apple i pad.
I also downloaded the code via USB stick. This USB has been used flawlessly w/ many machines without error. When inserting the stick the machine does nothing but stay in attraction mode. Normally when inserting the USB the machine will have an automatic message of a detected download. I tried manually directing the machine that there is a new download, but the results were the same.
Any suggestions >

I don't use wifi for game updates. This update via my 8gig data stick did have unique hiccups. After selecting update 4 times and having the display quickly revert back to a prior step, I finally selected the red/exit door button and it advanced to update, which was successfull.

3 months later
#17621 84 days ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Over the last two years, there's been 360 mentions of "expression lighting". Super cool if you want to talk about all things expression lighting, over and over and over. If you're not? It makes you want to stop following a group for awhile and just check in on occasion due to the saturation.

Good point. Yet the expression lighting is a major enhancement whereas the topper seems to be a major disappointment... from what I've been reading.

1 week later
#17639 74 days ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

So I currently have both a Premium and NIB LE, I promised to a guy (great dude) who I bought the premium from he can buy the LE from me. I am loving this pin as a bolt to the floor game. Is this expression lighting a game changer? I am kinda hoping I get to keep the LE, just for the lighting. My premium has a shaker and Invisa.
Thoughts?

Expression lighting is a game changer... search this thread to see the many excited declarations to this effect. Enjoy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

6,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersburg, IN
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 210.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 275.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
WilliPinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zebpin61.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1?tu=zebpin61 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.