IMG_3100 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240411_225620072.MP (resized).jpg
20240410_181338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_184826850.MP.jpg
IMG_5558 (resized).jpeg
PNG image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #91 Rush song list Posted by Bill2112Rush (2 years ago)

Post #1378 RULES. Link to RUSH Rulesheet Posted by Av8 (2 years ago)

Post #1389 TECH: SWITCHES. Lockdown bar action button not working - fix Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1818 MOD: SOUND. Amp DIY upgrade for RUSH Posted by TinyBlackDog (2 years ago)

Post #2123 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter lane adjustment to stop rattling ball launch Posted by Coyohtay (2 years ago)

Post #3107 TECH: SOUND. Headphone Jack no-boot when installed workaround Posted by AUKraut (2 years ago)

Post #3632 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Scoop losing track of balls. Posted by Schwaggs (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider visitorq.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7304 1 year ago

Oh boy... I'll admit I am not much of a Rush fan, hell I only knew one song by them (I thought) until I played the pin over at a friends house. He has a Pro and at first I was like this is ok. Now I was back again a few weeks later to play it with the new code and I am like, holy crap! I need this game!!

I think I am going to be joining the club very soon with a Premium. The code for this game is pretty amazing IMO and I love the connecting shots, which give this game incredible flow.

#7307 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

I had a pin buddy over a few weeks ago to play. He ordered a premium also, was very impressed with the game.
My Rush friends all want one too but I haven't convinced them to spend the $ to get into pinball yet LOL.

The code and shot layout is amazing! I watched someone play book 2 wizard mode and holy cow, what a mode!!

I'm pretty sure the final wizard mode "2112" isn't even in the code yet is it?

This game is a homerun for Borg! He knocked this one out of the part IMO!!

#7316 1 year ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

I’ve also been having intermittent magnet issues with my LE. Sometimes it holds the ball at the start of a song mode and whips out the back correctly. Then out of the blue it either dribbles the ball out or the ball sails right through with no hold(even at the start of song modes.) It’s kind of random when it happens but it does happen fairly often. I have a ticket with Stern but haven;t heard anything back in weeks.
Not sure if this is relevant but I never had this issue for months of play and then about 3-4 weeks ago the issue started happening, right around the .96 code update release time.

Is there any settings to adjust the magnet power in the service menus? I know on my Stranger Things there is a setting for the magnet...

#7321 1 year ago

Is anyone looking for a Rush Premium NIB and ready to buy?

#7349 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I was looking thru some mods available for Rush and I have concluded that Rush has the ugliest mods available. Followed closely by Aerosmith. So much 3D printed stuff that doesn't match the aesthetics of the playfield and artwork.

The time machine mod looks to be the best of the bunch IMO.

#7353 1 year ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

I agree and said this about 5,000 posts ago. Reminds me of a high school Rush fan's bedroom in the 90's (yes I'm guilty) or a LOTR with every possible character miniature stuffed in there somewhere.
My list is pretty short - Red Barchetta, vacuum bulbs, and a couple of flasher covers
Most of the stuff hung on the front of the cab is just over the top.

The Stern factory mods are really the ones I am after once I get the game when they become available.

Expression Lighting
Topper
Side Armor
Shooter Rod

Sadly none of these are out yet and then again, I don't have the game (yet!).

#7354 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I hate the 3D printed stuff. That being said, I think the Mezel Mods time machine upgrade is really beautiful. BUT...I love the vacuum tube lights from Space Coast as well. I've bought all of it. The problem is, they don't play well together, so you have to choose one or the other...and that sucks.
I personally don't think a lot of the other stuff fits with the theme or color scheme of the game (outside of the gear/drum covers for the flashers, which look amazing no matter which one you go with). It's 3D printed, and the colors are garish against the rest of the colors on the plastics, and it just looks like you're stuffing toys in your game rather than accentuating what was already there.

I'm with you. I love the look of the Mezel Mods time machine but I feel some of the after market bulbs are nicer than the covers they use. Is the problem that the holes are too small on the top of the time machine to accommodate the other bulbs? Is it possible to drill them out bigger if that is the case?

#7358 1 year ago

Is the Ninjacamp scoop protector still needed with the latest production of games or did Stern address this correctly with their protector?

#7361 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

I chose to stick to Borg’s original design
And ninjacamp scoop protector is the closest IMO and doesn’t have the forks to damage balls.
I have not played one with the blue walls “fix”

So I am not sure by your answer if Stern has fixed it correctly with the latest production or if the ninjacamp protector is still needed?

#7372 1 year ago
Quoted from gouveia:

These gameroommods tubes are awesome! Exactly what was needed. Great attention to detail, size, etc.
Nice job!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Those are certainly nice but do they really out weight the looks of the Mezel Mod time machine mod?

https://mezelmods.com/collections/rush-pinball-mods/products/rush-pinball-time-machine-upgrade

#7375 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

That looks nice, but I've bought Mezelmods before for Wonka and the stuff fell apart and was not good quality. Same shit fell apart on my friend's Wonka too. I'm not buying anything there again.

I guess it depends on the mod. I have a few mods from them for my Iron Maiden and while some are better than others, as a whole they are not terrible.

I think the real problem is there are lots of people with access to 3D printers these days and although there is a lot of good that comes from it, it has always made way for a lot of junk as well.

#7377 1 year ago
Quoted from gouveia:

I'm not a big fan of that mod. So yes. Yes they do.

Well after you finish my Gus, you can work on this next.

Now get crackin'!

#7387 1 year ago
Quoted from gouveia:

I think if you're going to do it, you might as well go all in and try to make it look like the one on the Time Machine tour. But my guess is that they're going to do that for the topper. Just my guess.

I was told it will have a motor in it, curious to see what it does.

#7388 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

It may even replace MET as my “Best Rock Pin of All Time”.

Cool but let's not go crazy!

Iron Maiden is Rock n Roll IMO so my vote goes to them.

#7390 1 year ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

I was told to get on the list for a Rush topper by someone in the know. That's all I will say.

Dumb

#7392 1 year ago

^^^^ Yeah that looks nice.

#7398 1 year ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

Less than 200 games and node 10 failure.
Woo HOO!
Ramp and clock now broken.

Easy fix and I am sure covered under warranty.

#7400 1 year ago
Quoted from schudel5:

What's the easy fix?

Board replacement.

#7401 1 year ago

I honestly am shocked Rush doesn't rate higher on Pinside. The rules for the game are amazing and the second wizard mode is incredible! I seriously think it is just as good as Godzilla, just a much different game. The only thing I can think of is maybe some people are turned off by the theme but in the end, it's a great playing machine with a lot of flow to the shots.

I'll admit, I was a hater myself at first but now I am just a few days away from being and owner.

#7405 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

LOL - Truth!
I think the overall ranking will go up when they add the Premium reviews, still not included.

Yeah I saw they are not included, why is that?

#7408 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

If I did reviews, I'd rate it high for sure.

Yeah, who knows... Like I said, I was a hater at first so I was part of the problem... Have since fixed that.

Is it just me or is there a call out in Rush that said in the way it is said in the Dracula pinball machine, 8 million or something to that effect?

I may be way off here...

#7421 1 year ago

I haven't played a Premium or LE yet but I should have a Premium in roughly two weeks, I can't imagine it being worst than the Pro which I did rate.

#7423 1 year ago

I just saw this for the Premium.

"Top 100 ranking

This game has received its 30th rating this week. It will be included in next weeks Pinside Pinball Top 100 calculation!"

#7436 1 year ago
Quoted from Stratman:

A few shots of the Gameroommods lamps installed in the Mezel time machine mod if anyone cares to see them together. I took the silver base covers off of the lamps and they fit just fine. I might need to tweak the angle a little more but I think they fit the beefier looking time machine really well. These are the deluxe lamps.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Killer! Thank you for posting this. Once I get my game, I am going to do this.

#7443 1 year ago
Quoted from RobT:

Exactly.
Just like Pinside crapped all over Stranger Things and dismissed it as a huge disappointment. I didn't care, I loved it and bought a HUO LE. Less than a year later people found out how great the pin actually was and prices went through the roof.

Yes. Stranger Things is a great game!

#7454 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Even Stranger Things Pros are hard to find. I'm shocked they didn't make any this year. Prices through the roof for premiums especially.

Pretty sure it is officially off the production line now as well.

#7513 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Yeah, John Borg did a complete video on installing the Stern kit. No issues with the Stern kit here.

I hope to get a game from the latest production run. I will probably just leave the Stern protector installed. I was over at a friend's house yesterday playing his Pro which has the latest protector on from Stern and the game plays just fine.

#7514 1 year ago

FYI Guys... Rush Premiums are now part of the ratings score on top 100 here on Pinside which pushed Rush up to the 14th spot.

rush (resized).pngrush (resized).png
#7516 1 year ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

I have a May build pro with the black nubs. Scoop shot is tight but I can make it most of the time, 100 plays on it so far and zero issues.

Yeah I may buy the Ninja Camp Scoop protector to have it but I am not sure I am going to install it.

#7520 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

I don't think I would change it unless it needs to be fixed.

Makes sense.

#7527 1 year ago

I like how everyone refers to the scoop protector as Borg's vision. LOL!

#7529 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

The whiteboard and geometry of the game was all designed around “Open” scoop.

...and on the 6th day John created the Open Scoop.

#7531 1 year ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Got to play Rush at Pintastic. Couldn't hear the music very well in the show environment. Gameplay was amazing. Better than Mando. Better than Godzilla. Better than Toy Story. To me, it won the show as far as best overall pinball experience. I'm not a music pin guy but I would consider this as my first one. I kept getting drawn back to it not matter what else I played. Have to go with the premium but the pro was a ton of fun also.

The music plays very well into the pin IMO. I wasn't a fan of Rush but I am slowly becoming one because of this machine.

#7553 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Question, I played a pro again and still love it. I am not a RUSH fan. I don’t hate them mine you. My daughters like it but not the theme. Are you owners still enjoying the game? I am really thinking about picking a pro up.
I currently have Godzilla pro, EHOH premium, and Halloween. I sold AIQ and GOTG this year. Three pins just doesn’t feel right and want a 4th one again.
I definitely prefer RUSH over Dead Pool and Mando. Thanks for any feedback.

I had ZERO interest in Rush, couldn't tell you more than one song they sang. My friend got a Pro, went over there the first time and played it with a bunch of other games and at the time, I did not give it much attention. Second time I went over I spent much more time playing it and feel in love with the game.

Today I am going to order the Premium. The way the music ties into the game is wonderful and the code just keeps getting better and better IMO. Keep in mind the main wizard mode for the game isn't even in it yet and the two wizard modes that are, they are AMAZING!

#7554 1 year ago

BTW... I heard additional rumors today on the topper. I am hearing it is going to have a motor in it which can go into 4 different positions. I also heard that it is going to tie into the album covers and combos some how, it didn't sound like it was going to do anything with the time machine.

I was told that when the topper is announced at the same time so will the expression lighting and the shooter rod.

Take all this with a grain of salt but my source is a good one.

#7558 1 year ago
Quoted from Animal:

So, I keep reading posts here where people are talking about how they like the Rush pinball machine, the shots, combo's, lighting, etc...and also say, they never knew of Rush. WTF? Like how?? I mean, ok...Im from Montreal, not far from Toronto, but I first became aware of them from Bastille Day, like when was that, the late 50's?? Then, so many great songs...but, you couldnt have missed Tom Sawyer?? When that broke it was all over the radio and I was in NY State at the time. Like, they made their break through in the US: Cincinnati. They sold out Wembley Stadium 2 and 3 nights in a row 5 TIMES!!! I mean, if you like Rock, or Progressive Rock, Jazz or Heavy Metal or were a fan of amazing drummers, guitarists or bass players or amazing lyrics or great song witting or live performances that blew you away, you should have heard of Rush?! I mean, I was told by more than one friend, you gotta see RUSH like decades ago. ...and when I did, that was it. But, I ask, how could you not know a band as amazing as Rush? ...and for those who don't maybe you dont know Yes, or Genesis (early period) or King Crimson or The Who or Deep Purple or Hendrix or Dave Matthews Band (ie. Rush members were fans of all bands listed), Like if you don't...what have you been listening to? But, more importantly, Spotify these bands...and Rush because music just doesnt get better than this heavey f'in progging, witty, wickedly played music to set your morning mood!!!!!

I knew of Rush but not their music except for Tom Sawyer.

I listen to Death Metal so unless they are making a Cannibal Corpse pinball machine Iron Maiden is probably the closet I can relate to music in pin which to me is basically Rock n Roll.

#7610 1 year ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

The black looks better than the blue, makes it look like a tunnel.

..but that's not how Borg intended it to be!

#7619 1 year ago

I'm hearing that the next Rush update is going to be a BIG ONE. Figures crossed.

#7717 1 year ago
Quoted from Maken:

Finished Cygnus Book 1 for the first time last night. That final shot is awesome, memories of 'destroying the ring' on LOTR for sure.

It doesn't hold a ball in the center of the time machine and you have to shoot it out, does it?

#7722 1 year ago
Quoted from finman2000:

It does hold a ball in the center.

...and what? Then you have to knock it out like Lord of the Rings?

#7730 1 year ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Ninja protector with a playfield protector over it. Seven hindered plays snd not a scratch.
[quoted image]

Playfield Protector?

#7732 1 year ago
Quoted from dannunz:

https://www.playfield-protectors.com/
use them on all of my stern games for at least a few years. Due to how soft the clear coat is.

Oh yeah, f that.

Way too much work to install one of those for how well I look after my games.

#7751 1 year ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

Got my cliffy up here in Canada now to install
[quoted image]

Shooter Lane?

#7781 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Dice from Gamerroommods arrived today. Great price and quality. Packaging was superb. A must buy IMO.

Those look great! I think I am going to order a set in green.

#7797 1 year ago

Why does anyone even care, it's an opinion and just because they work for Spooky? Who gives a *uck!? They are still entitled.

wahhh someone said something bad about my pinball machine.

#7801 1 year ago
Quoted from Paddy-o:

Not sure why you think he/she works for Spooky. Didn't see anything on their profile, other than a play on that picture, that would give any impression that he/she works for Spooky. Unless you're trying to be funny, and I missed it.

I didn't care enough to even look but when I saw the user name, I thought the same. I just took it for face value that someone knew who it was. LOL! I bet it's all a crock of shit.

#7808 1 year ago
Quoted from konjurer:

Good grief people! What are you guys reading into that post? Overall the person was respectful. The poster made one comment about the "bit of a miss" on the art work. The rest of the points were neutral, could be taken as positive or positive.

I'll be the first to say it, the artwork is not very good IMO but with that said... It didn't stop me! Arrived today!!

2022-07-07 12.08.13 (resized).jpg2022-07-07 12.08.13 (resized).jpg
#7823 1 year ago
Quoted from Calgedy:

Are you a RUSH fan? I can see that, if you had no idea what all the artwork pertains to. For most Rush fans, all the albums that are represented on the backglass and cabinet (LE) are simply amazing. Perfect for the lifelong RUSH fan, but not so much for the casual fan or someone who knows little about the band. I own an LE, and the art package is incredible.....from the Permanent Waves girl, to the dog/hydrant to the Hemispheres naked man and brain and the guitar coming out of the drum and time machine. The cabinet IMO is even better. 10 albums represented on the cabinet alone. Anyways I respect your opinion, just wondering if you are a fan?? I am not a huge fan of the PRO cabinet artwork. Not too crazy about the cartoonish nature of it. We all have our likes and dislikes so I get it. All 3 backglasses are epic.

I am not a Rush fan in fact I could only name one of their songs prior to playing the pin but they have since grown on me. I don't know ANYTHING about all the inside jokes and connections to the albums but I am a collector of artwork. I guess I just know what I like when it comes to art and the style of art represented I am just not a fan of it but I collect shit that is done in a completely different style. I guess it is more Dirty Donny like. shrug

2016-02-08 13.23.59 (resized).jpg2016-02-08 13.23.59 (resized).jpg

bvi2enPb_1804211052541gpadd (resized).jpgbvi2enPb_1804211052541gpadd (resized).jpg
#7841 1 year ago
Quoted from Calgedy:

I LOVE that artwork you displayed! Money......and yes one can dislike the artwork even if they knew all the albums and inside stuff. Preference of taste......I just think it is easier to like it if you know what it all means.

Thank You.

Yes. Understood...

Quoted from John1210:

I take it VisiorQ that you weren't around for the Stern style guide photoshop days?
This art package is really nice, not too busy and is its own thing.

hahahahaha

I was! I guess I forgot about those days and for good reason.

Art is very subjective. I am not saying the art in the game is terrible, it's just drawn in a different style than what I truly enjoy. Maybe after owning the pin it will start to grow on me? However you slice it, it's a great game none the less!

#7843 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

I never thought twice about the faces on the playfield, to me it just looked like ‘70s van airbrush art… which seemed appropriate

Hmmmm... Yes, van airbrushed art.

#7846 1 year ago

I like that the dogs brought a cameras so they would not miss any of the excitement.

Who's a good boy?

#7927 1 year ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

Oh man - heard a new-to-me callout today that really got me, just because of how specific it was. I've got the humor setting on high.
I'm still getting a fair amount of balls stuck on the time machine ramp, between the ramp itself and the time machine. I got one stuck as a mode started and had to wait for the cab to go into ball search. The moment the ramp drops, Alex makes an announcement that "lost balls can be found in baggage claim".
My god they know how to cater to the fans. Hearing Alex and Ged say funny specific shit is just icing on top of the cake that is otherwise an already awesome machine in terms of play and rules. The fact that they have "oops shit went wrong and that'll happen so we kinda planned for it" callouts is so cool.

I did not even know there was a humor setting, that's awesome!

#7958 1 year ago

Any of you guys installing the Ninja Camp Rush VUK Protector whether you are having problems with the VUK or not? My main concern is for the hole not to get blown out. I see Cliffy also offers a solution as well.

#7961 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I saw chipping of the clear in the first week, so I put mylar down then did the VUK protector when it was made. Other than protecting, it quiets the shot down a lot, and zero rejects .

Ok. That's is all I need to know.

I will lay down some temp mylar and get an order placed, thanks for the reply.

#7962 1 year ago
Quoted from wolverinewarlord:

My wife kind of thought this was silly, but I was able to get Ed Robertson to autograph my Rush LE box cut-out tonight at the BNL show in Detroit. Now I just need Dirk and Lerxst.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Your wife was right.

#7973 1 year ago

What are these switches called again and where do you order them?

Thx

8dcfa42a42f200550d9d0ce575d70d245f85a406 (resized).jpg8dcfa42a42f200550d9d0ce575d70d245f85a406 (resized).jpg
#7976 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

I believe that's a magnetic reed switch.
However, and I'm not trying to take business away from the MRS sellers or anything, but I bought a simple airball-preventer plastic for my Rush and the loop is now 100 percent, even on fast moving repeated loop shots.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1167-gameroom-mods/07010-rush-upper-orbit-ball-retention-plastic
It's cheaper than the magnetic switch, and even easier to install. I installed mine under the plastic to keep the ball just that little bit lower and keep the preventer more hidden, per the seller's tip. It's worked great.
So that would be my recommendation, for what it's worth.

Thanks.

Honestly I am not even sure I am having a problem with the switch not reading right yet, I have only owned the game since last weekend but the ball did get hung up on the switch once already. I'm not sure that the airball-preventer would fix that or would it?

#7985 1 year ago

Thanks everyone for all the info on the switch. I am not 100% sure I need one as of yet since the ball only got stuck there once but I am glad to have the information.

#8021 1 year ago
Quoted from erockyoulikea:

I recently swapped mine out for Ball Baron carbon steel ones

Maybe stick a different set in and see if you still have the same issues?

#8029 1 year ago

Do all the games have a problem with the loop/ orbit registering shots? Maybe it is just me but mine doesn't seem to have this issue from what I can tell, production date is June.

#8062 1 year ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Got a chance to try the premium for the first time today after playing my pro to death for the last few months and walked away a little disappointed with the extra features.
I really like the extra VUK/wire form, definitely makes the game seem more controlled and easier to keep mystery lit at all times, which would result in longer ball times.
The big letdown was the up/down ramp for the time machine, I guess I was misinformed or just assumed that when the ramp was down, the ball went underneath it for an extra lane, having just a plate for a bash toy I thought was lame and actually prefer the time machine pulsing and throwing the ball back at you on the pro. The gap between the posts on the time machine seemed slightly wider too?
The clock was super lame, worse than the cool one found on TZ 30 years ago. Why’d they even bother? The teeth for the Free Will hurry up was ok, but not something I’d miss.
Rush is still an amazing game, but I feel like the extras missed the mark on the premium.

Reading this post just goes to show how much opinions differ.

IMO the VUK is the one thing I could do without on the premium and where I prefer the Pro. The VUK just slows down game play and adds very little to the play of the game for me. This is money that I think could have been better spent on something else within the game.

Two of the biggest advantages for me is the Time Machine and the Clock. I love how the Clock tells the real time when the game is in attract mod and the Time Machine is 100x better on the Premium. The lighting and the movement of the ramp is much more satisfying to me. The fact that there is an actual shot when the ramp is in the lower position rather than shooting the Time Machine over and over until it doesn't reject the shot. IDK... It just seems like the premium is just more well thought out but then again, it was how the game was meant to be.

#8080 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

That’s actually what I love about it. If you’re in a multiball, one of the easiest ways to clear the playfield field for a shot is to park a ball up there for a second. Second easiest way is to shoot the Time Machine. Rush makes me feel like I’m a talented MB juggler, which I am not on other games.

Understood.

I just got my Rush Premium with only playing the Pro prior too. Need the changes from the Pro to grow on me a little but I can safety say for me, the Time Machine was a major improvement in my book at a glance, the lighting alone.

#8120 1 year ago
Quoted from Boslaw:

Got a good look at my playfield today and noticed what looks like planking. Is this normal or something I should be contacting my dealer about? This is my first NIB. It doesn't look quite this bad in person, and it's relatively smooth, although I can feel the ridges in some spots and I can definitely see it depending on the light and angle.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

If it isn't going to get any worst, I would not worry about it. Those are extreme close ups and I am sure when standing in front of the machine it does not even look close to those pictures.

Listen... I understand that these machines are $$$ but some people are taking things a bit too far when it comes to what should be excepted or not IMO.

#8142 1 year ago

Until recently I only played the Pro version of Rush in a fairly lit room but yesterday I was playing my Premium and I got to a mode I did not remember seeing before, probably due to ambient lighting.

Question.

Is there a mode in Rush that turns off almost all the GI lighting or a mode where the playfield starts to go almost completely dark? If so, what mode is it?

#8146 1 year ago
Quoted from benime:

Fly By Night multiball does this.

Quoted from Taygeta:

Fly By Night multiball dims the GI as you score Jackpots, Super is lit when its completely black.

Oh man, I love this! I swear I had the whole playfield blacked out, it was super cool!

Code in Rush is top notch! Some of the best IMO!!

#8176 1 year ago

Has anyone installed one of these?

rush-3-bank-inst-001 (resized).jpgrush-3-bank-inst-001 (resized).jpg
#8179 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

The drop bank protector? I never install those. I don't feel they are necessary. Shooter lane and outhole drain is all I install. And scoops, of course, if they come unprotected from the factory.

I installed one on my Iron Maiden, not sure if it is needed on Rush.

2022-06-18 14.27.54 (resized).jpg2022-06-18 14.27.54 (resized).jpg
#8199 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Man, I'm glad I decided to splurge on the LE...the expression lighting (and programming) rocks. Also love the real backglass....

It's one or Borg's most satisfying shooters for sure. My stock post locations are the lowest, so the ball times can be pretty long. Just don't have the motivation to move the posts yet.

Mine are like that as well. Was thinking about moving them to the middle but until I beat the game, why make it more changeling?

#8236 1 year ago
Quoted from sscharf:

I'm gonna need one of those frequent customer cards from Ninja Camp. Ninjas, punch my card!

How does NC ship? I placed and order but got no tracking number even when I asked??

#8244 1 year ago
Quoted from Ghosters:

Rush Prem is my first Pin I have owned, so I am also new to working with a Pinball company such as Stern. I have had my game for 2/12 months, with 1 month of down time due to Node 10 board failures. I am not that peeved with the failure, but more with Sterns warranty process and their lack of engagement of when your warranty part will be delivered. They are quick at giving a warranty claim, but after that your absolutely ghosted, until the part magically arrives. Why cant we get periodic emails updating us on the status of the claim and tracking numbers when the part ships. Is this asking to much? Do the other PB companies such as JJ and American Pinball act the same way? Once again, I'm new so I'm more curious than anything else. The company I work for bends over backwards for our customers. Maybe I'm expecting too much.

My experience with Stern Customer Service has been very poor as well. Most of the time they just send out the same generic reply to 90% of questions I have and when you email them back, you don't always get the same person as the first reply. It's very frustrating! They also play favorites when it comes to dealers as well.

I would love to say great things about Stern as a company but it is ran very poorly IMO.

#8252 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

My distributor has been great and Stern on point with handling service items.
Sorry you had that experience and hope it improves.

My dist. is amazing! Stern is underwhelming, way under.

Like I said, I would love to say great and amazing things about Stern but they have much to improve on IMO. I certainly hope things change soon but I am doubtful of this...

#8315 1 year ago
Quoted from ian866:

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Which has me thinking...

I installed the VUK from NinjaCamp over the weekend and prior to I was getting 0 rejects, now after installing it I started to get a couple here and there.

So for anyone who is thinking about installing this, I would probably leave the back piece off of it and for anyone who is going to install it I will say this...

Install the back piece first and then install the circular piece. It is 100x more easier than installing it in reverse which is what the directions tell you.

I may remove the back piece on mine to see if the rejects stop altogether...

2022-07-23 11.46.13 (resized).jpg2022-07-23 11.46.13 (resized).jpg
#8318 1 year ago
Quoted from oliviarium:

The back piece is optional. For some it reduces/eliminates rejects, but if you weren't having them already, it seems to introduce them. The back piece has no protective qualities, so your VUK hole on the playfield will be protected without that piece. On our machine, we went from roughly 30% rejects to "rejects almost never". If you weren't rejecting before installation, however, then I'd say only keep the protective piece installed.

Understood. It's not like ever shot was a rejection or anything but when it never happen before and then it did, I was just like. huh

Like you said, I can always take it out of there so no big deal. It hasn't bother me enough yet to go messing around with it again but the more I play it, then I will decide. I will say though as I said before, 100% easier (for me) to install that in the reverse order of your directions but again, that's just my experience.

#8322 1 year ago

Anyone install a Cliffy in the shooter lane yet? I was wondering what risks are involved in pulling up those posts or if anyone had any issues in doing so?

rush-ejects-install-007 (resized).jpgrush-ejects-install-007 (resized).jpgrush-ejects-install-008 (resized).jpgrush-ejects-install-008 (resized).jpg
#8345 1 year ago

I almost made the mistake of buy

Quoted from CrashJT:

I agree completely. Want Vuk protected, but NEVER had rejects before. You think it's that back piece?

I can't say for certain until I remove it and shoot the game. If it offers no protection and is only there to prevent what it is causing (in my case), then I see no reason to have it installed. I guess I will remove it this weekend and see how it plays with it out of there. Hopefully I can just reach in and knock it out of there without removing things again.

#8356 1 year ago

No one running a Cliffy here? How is everyone protecting their shooter lane?

#8359 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Yeah, no cover for mine yet. Turned trough eject power down ball 1, and no damage so far.

Yeah. I did that to mine as well but usually run a Cliffy for max protection, just not crazy about pulling the posts out of the pf but Cliff says no issues.

#8363 1 year ago

I have Cliffies on order. This pro I picked up only had 400 plays and the previous owner turned the trough eject down, so no wear to cover.

I went ahead and purchase a shooter lane and outhole protector for my Rush. As I said, I run them on all my games but I just wasn't crazy about pulling up those posts on the pf is all otherwise I won't have even ask and just done it. Oh well... I guess once they are installed you never have to mess with them again since they last for the life of the game I suppose.

#8399 1 year ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

Well, the distributor put it as bluntly as he could, lol.
Just boggles my mind, of why this replacement seems to be so difficult. People with Node board issues, are getting faster turnaround, which I am greatly happy for them. This is just a simple spinner(and decals) replacement.
[quoted image]

People think getting replacement parts from Stern is just a simple, quick walk in the park until they have to do it themselves.

I feel your pain.

#8403 1 year ago

Oh man, I think the QR reader is one of the best mods Stern has came up with to be honest, I love it. With that said, you could unplug it on either end for the light to go out. It's a simple Ethernet cable.

#8444 1 year ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Finally had a breakthrough game tonight - put up a new GC for the first time since I got the pin nearly 3 months ago. Cracked 613M and was only a Headlong Flight MB away from the first wizard mode. It was a blast but exhausting, lol. The key for getting that far, at least for me, was to just give up chasing combos and go for starting modes and MBs - the combos came organically later once I got into a groove. I know this isn't the most impressive score, but it's certainly progress and I'm pleased with it! I don't ever expect to reasonably get to Cygnus X2, but X1 is definitely within my skillset.

Keep in mind the final wizard mod isn't even in the game yet which would probably be after completing both books.

#8539 1 year ago
Quoted from Ghosters:

How hard is it to install the ninja scoop protectors? I purchased them and have not got around to installing. Is it wise to lay down Mylar at the same time? Are there pros and cons to Mylar?

Why would you have to Mylar?

#8541 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

To have protection where the ball ejects

You mean you are lying it down after the scoop protector?

#8545 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I put it on first, under the protector, and x cut it and mylared the inside of scoop.

I am not really seeing the point in installing it under the protector though if the protector is protecting the pf? I guess I can understand installing it after the protector ends to extend the protection but not under it.

All the Mylar I use is peel, stick and remove Mylar. It's like installing one of those clingy window stickers on a car, stuff works great!

#8547 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

The protector is maybe 1/8" wide. By going under it, it will help mylar from lifting, and prevent any chipping when the ball enters the scoop area. Not saying you have to do it, it's just how I did. 450 plays later, still looks new and mylar is invisible.

Like I said, the Mylar I use is as easy to install as it is to remove. It clings to the pf and is basically invisible once installed. I have never had it wear to the point that it needs replaced and it has never lifted. Two seconds to install and two seconds to remove.

With that said, I will look into laying down a strip of it probably before I even get around to installing the NC scoop protector.

Thanks for the advice.

#8549 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I have some of the static mylar, but I've never tried it. Guess I should

I am not sure if it matters what brand you have but the stuff I have is absolutely fantastic!

No BS! It works and looks incredible. I mean you can stick the stuff wherever you like. If you decide you don't want it there, just pull up a corner and remove it. Simple.

#8551 1 year ago

WOW! Big update, love it! Looks like they addressed a ton of things and you have to think there is still more to come since the final wizard mod still has not been added to the game.

#8575 1 year ago
Quoted from usafstars:

Would you mind sharing the brand, thickness, and where you found this type of mylar? Thanks.
[quoted image]

I bought this stuff but haven't tried it yet because I am still working on a batch I had from before (brand unknown).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002J6CO9I/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00

#8594 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I need some mylar but don't need any pinball parts right now, so don't wanna pay $10 shipping for $5 worth of mylar.
Anybody know if Lowes or Home Depot, Office Max maybe carries this?
Need a mylar guy lol.

Amazon

#8598 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Amazon is my last choice man.
Looking for a brick and mortar store, but thanks for the response mang.

Hobby Lobby

#8615 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Fuck Hobby Lobby all day every day and 10 times on Sunday

Ok. So is that more or less fucking Monday through Saturday?

#8660 1 year ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

thanks bought the voodoo glass

I was at CT this week and saw the Voodoo glass installed on Rush, it looks nice. I bought a sheet for my Iron Maiden and will be tossing it in there tomorrow.

I think you will be really happy with the results.

#8688 1 year ago
Quoted from coldbud:

Hi
Just got my new prem and have this issue. Any suggestions?
Thanks.
[quoted image]

What is up with quality of games of late? It seems like there are countless Rush and Godzilla machines coming into peoples homes with problems. I see over in the Godzilla thread some people are remarking about thin clear coat...

#8858 1 year ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

You guys might want to know this... the LZ expression lighting has been confirmed to work in Rush!

I'll wait for the correct side blade art.

#8940 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Rush fans! Check out the South Park 25th Anniversary Concert on Paramount+. Alex & Geddy show up and play Closer To The Heart with Matt, Trey & Primus!!!!

That concert is so hard for me to watch. The facial expressions of those people trying to sing those songs in those voices is ridiculous. Not so much referring to the Rush content but the other stuff like Kyle's Mom is a big fat bitch. ugh

#8947 1 year ago

Is the shooter lane fix for Rush basically when you soft plunge it and it jostles around coming out of the shooter lane? I only have this problem if I shot it up the lane and it does not make all the way onto the pf, then I shoot it again too quickly without it settling back in the lane.

Not sure if the NC fix, fixes this or not?

#8952 1 year ago
Quoted from OutpostKodelia:

Yes, our shooter lane fix is for the issue where the ball rattles around when you soft plunge and it gets to the upper flipper gap. It guides the ball to the right so it rolls past the flipper gap smoothly.

Cool.

Thx

#8973 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Yeah, doesn't look bad at all. There are a lot of similar colors in both games. I think I'm sold.

Just wait and when it finally does come out, you'll look at Rush as a whole new game!

#9016 1 year ago

Is it just me or are there others who don't have any issues with the loop reg. shots?

I was just placing an order with NC for the shooter lane fix wondering if I should be ordering the piece for the loop shot but honestly, I don't seem to have a problem there.

Am I the only one?

#9021 1 year ago

Cool Guys.

I was starting to think I was the only one not having an issue but mine seems to work just fine. The only issue I have is the ball rattling out of the lane on a soft plunge if I shoot it again too fast without letting it settle from a missed skill shot. That's the fix I ordered.

#9023 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

Funny thing is..... mine worked perfectly for the first 2 weeks...... until i read about people having issues with theirs. And now mine skips scoring about 2 out of 10 times. Mostly on a perfectly shot super fast shot into it.

I am sure mine may have skipped a beat once or twice, maybe not but it seems work when I hit the repeated loop shots which is such a satisfying shot.

#9048 1 year ago
Quoted from Bill2112Rush:

Hey all-
I’m having the soft plunger issue that some others have experienced (mine almost always rattles back down the lane). I’ve gone through the earlier posts but I can’t recall reading what I noticed this weekend.
The plunger itself looks really misaligned as it relates to the V channel and the “ears” of the auto plunger.
Take a look:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
At first I thought the ears were misshaped. But the 4th picture sure makes it seem like the plunger itself is mounted off center. Any thoughts?
I went ahead and ordered the Ninja loop/plunger correctors (I needed to fix the sloppy inner loop shots too) but I’m wondering if the plunger corrector will solve this or if I have a bigger issue.
(On another note, you guys have provided noobies like me lots of helpful information. Your willingness to help and share is really appreciated. Thank you!)
Bill

Your shooter lane looks like it's starting to wear, have you considered protecting it at all?

#9051 1 year ago

No offense to any mod makers, but if you correct the shooter positioning, this mod is not needed. I repositioned mine and have had zero plunger issues since. It seems a lot of these come misaligned. Just one of those quirks from hand build products.

How do you make the adjustment?

#9060 1 year ago
Quoted from epeabs:

I had shooter lane "wobble" from day one. I centered my shooter rod after I realized it was not in the correct position. It made no difference to the "wobble" whatsoever. I ended up installing Ninja Camps "Inner Loop Assist & Soft Plunge Corrector" and I haven't had a "wobble" since.

Good to know.

#9068 1 year ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

It blows my mind that this game has soooo many mechanical/physical issues that affect literally every game and was still released.
The shooter lane
The inner loop
The dead-end VUK rejects
The side scoop switch
Then issues that seem to impact a lot of people, like the Node 10 board issue.
You'd think these would've come up during play testing since they aren't machine specific.

So far....

I don't have any inner loop shots not registering.
I only got dead-end VUK rejects when I installed the NC backer.
Zero problems with the side scoop switch, not even sure what that is...
No Node 10 board issues (yet).

The only problem my game has is the wobble with the shooter lane and honestly, it's not really that big of a deal. I have the fix coming from NC but I never tried to adjust it otherwise which may have very well fixed it without installing the addition of a mod.

#9072 1 year ago

Rarely and I mean rarely do I ever have a reject from the VUK, hell I never even seen it do it until I installed the extra piece from NC. Now that I have removed that extra piece, I have only seen it do it once in about 20 games.

Don't know what to tell ya. I do have the VUK protector installed from NC, that works just fine.

#9082 1 year ago

Asked about this a few pages ago but did anyone install the shooter lane protector from Cliffy yet?

rush-ejects-install-007 (resized).jpgrush-ejects-install-007 (resized).jpgrush-ejects-install-008 (resized).jpgrush-ejects-install-008 (resized).jpg
#9084 1 year ago

Mine is on order. He's too popular for his own good

I plan on installing mine this weekend and was wondering if anyone had any tips? Makes me a little nervous to pull those posts out of the pf.

#9088 1 year ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

I also have Cliffy's on order for RUSH. After installing Cliffy's on my RAM, ACNC and a few on HW - I knew I had to install on the RUSH shooter lane. Let us know how your install goes please...

Will do.

Just put something down, like in the example pics. I've done them on other games where I had to pull them, but there was only one to pry up. This is just a tad harder. Should be fairly easy.

Do you just tap them back in then? Do they seem to hold ok afterwards?

#9091 1 year ago

Does he sell just the lane protector (link too, if you have it)?
How big of a job was the install?
Thanks!

I didn't install one on Rush yet but I have installed them on many of my other games with little effort.

Just email him about it, he will get you set up.

#9099 1 year ago

I got my shooter lane fix yesterday from NC but I did not see any direction on their site about installing it.

http://mjf.me/pinball/Instructions.html

I am guessing it just pops in there but I haven't looked at it with the machine yet. I would send them a message about it but they didn't reply to my last question so I figured I would ask you all.

For those who have installed it, any tips?

Thx

#9101 1 year ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

It does just pop in there in a somewhat obvious way... but my personal experience was that I was just starting to think up new cuss words (after using up all the ones I knew) before it finally magically popped into place. It does take some force to make the cutout part of the back of it sit down on the wire in the shooter lane that it fits onto.

Do you have a picture of yours installed by any chance? If not, it's no big deal...

#9109 1 year ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Hard to get a good pic…. But this is mine:[quoted image]

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Put the field on the service rails and prop the back up with a 2x4 so the playfield is above the sides of cabinet, remove the nut on sling holding right ramp so you can slide the ramp inwards. Gives you lots more room to work. Then it just snaps on. 2x4 idea came from skyking to install barchetta

Thanks Guys.

Going to look into it tomorrow when I install the scoop protector as well as a few other things.

#9138 1 year ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

It does just pop in there in a somewhat obvious way... but my personal experience was that I was just starting to think up new cuss words (after using up all the ones I knew) before it finally magically popped into place. It does take some force to make the cutout part of the back of it sit down on the wire in the shooter lane that it fits onto.

I installed mine yesterday with no issues at all. I did not have to remove anything and it popped in with ease, not fighting with it.

It 100% correct the issues, no other adjustments need.

#9153 1 year ago

NC scoop protector installed.

100% much easier to installed it, than to remove the old one (which is a pain in the ass BTW).

Looks and plays great, another excellent mode from NC. Directions are not too bad for following to install it but it's funny how at the end they tell you that everything is sharp, be careful not to cut yourself. I would have put that as a precaution at the beginning of the directions and not the end.

2022-08-27 14.19.34 (resized).jpg2022-08-27 14.19.34 (resized).jpg2022-08-27 15.58.10 (resized).jpg2022-08-27 15.58.10 (resized).jpg2022-08-27 16.44.25 (resized).jpg2022-08-27 16.44.25 (resized).jpg2022-08-27 16.44.31 (resized).jpg2022-08-27 16.44.31 (resized).jpg

2022-08-27 18.30.03 (resized).jpg2022-08-27 18.30.03 (resized).jpg
#9156 1 year ago

I also installed the Cliffy over the weekend as well but I am not sure how to straighten it out or if it just ok the way it is? There really is no way that I can see to turn it...

2022-08-27 17.59.05 (resized).jpg2022-08-27 17.59.05 (resized).jpg2022-08-27 18.01.26 (resized).jpg2022-08-27 18.01.26 (resized).jpg2022-08-27 18.16.05 (resized).jpg2022-08-27 18.16.05 (resized).jpg2022-08-27 18.16.09 (resized).jpg2022-08-27 18.16.09 (resized).jpg
#9158 1 year ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

Curious, were the two lower holes pre-indented? I've got Cliffy's on order for my RUSH Prem too and wonder if it's not pre-formed, if I might be able to redrill the lower mounting hole if absolutely necessary. The alignment being off would bother me too, kinda defeats the purpose of the protection.

Not sure what you are asking but I didn't drill any holes.

I sent an email to Cliff, waiting for a reply.

#9160 1 year ago
Quoted from usafstars:

Check out Cliffy’s webpage. Yours if possible needs to shift a bit to the left at the top section, this should help the lower portion shift a bit.
http://www.passionforpinball.com/WIP/rush-ejects-install-008.jpg
Hope this gives you a better perspective on how it should line up.

I'm not sure how you can shift it, the holes prevent it from rotating. I don't see how it can be pushed or rotated in any direction...

I mean say I take out the back post, if I push it closer to the shooter lane, it is not going to allow me to put the post back in because the hole is going to be off center.

#9162 1 year ago
Quoted from usafstars:

I can't see everything on the upper portion of the protector, but it looks like from the picture that you might be able to push it more to the left against those 2 double rail guides at the top of the protector. The hole at the bottom looks like it has a tiny bit of room to push it to the right, nudge it up right to the edge of the bolt....maybe???

I can try, the problem is the top part has two sided tape under it but either way, I doubt it will move much.

#9165 1 year ago
Quoted from usafstars:

I feel ya. Worst case is you ruin the double stick...but at least you'd be able to dry fit it so you know for a fact you can line it up with all cut outs lining up. I'd take it completely off, cover the double sided tape with wax paper and try to dry fit it. I'm sure if you PM Cliffy he'll have much better info. Best of luck.

I got a reply from Cliff...

"hmmm. stern must have drilled it different. compare to pics on my page. I can trim one and send today"

Guess will see how the new one fits when I receive it, I'll be sure to post pix but FYI guys... For anyone who has one of these on order to keep an eye on this, my game is from the latest production run.

I also asked if I could have installed it incorrectly to which he replied...

"no theres nothing you COULD do wrong. it looks to me like stern has drilled the stud holes off a bit from the first runs "

#9166 1 year ago

Even the one on my Iron Maiden doesn't really go over to the edge of the shooter lane but looks the same on his website from what I can tell.

***His picture is the second one.

2022-06-18 15.19.17 (resized).jpg2022-06-18 15.19.17 (resized).jpgIMDN-ejects-inst (resized).jpgIMDN-ejects-inst (resized).jpg
#9182 1 year ago
Quoted from Adaminski:

Thanks for the short description & especially the photos. My Rush Premium has the same protectors and they *seem* to be doing OK. But your photos of the factory scoop protectors makes me realize that I should just go ahead and order all of the NinjaCamp Rush thermoplastic mods. I definitely want to reduce that rattle on the shooter lane and right orbit, and ensure that the upper loop roillover is registering as much as possible.

My stock protector was fine as well when I remove it, no signs of wear but far less than 100 plays. With that said, to replace the NC protector (if you ever had to) would be fairly quick and simple but to replace the stock one would be a small nightmare IMO.

The NC protector opens the scoops to what the game designer intended it to be but the update shot is just fine to. Personal taste but certainly more pleasing to my eyes.

#9192 1 year ago

I think you guys should start installing the Led Zeppelin topper on Rush, I mean why wait?

#9232 1 year ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Yes. A weak or rattling shot into time machine that breaks the opto will register a full shot to time machine. I beleive this is normal I don't think there is an opto inside the time machine.

Yup. 100% Normal

#9345 1 year ago
Quoted from erockyoulikea:

Has anyone installed this cliffy protector on the drop targets or have a link to instructions? Just wondering if it snaps into place or something goes in those holes.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Pretty sure you just remove the drop target bank and then just slide it into place. It looks exactly like the one I installed on my Iron Maiden. Nothing goes in those holes...

2022-06-18 14.27.54 (resized).jpg2022-06-18 14.27.54 (resized).jpg
#9380 1 year ago

So far, so good with the NC scoop protector installed. I would say for anyone on the fence thinking about this mod to just do it.

#9382 1 year ago
Quoted from JustJared:

What color did you go with? I'm on the fence because I don't have an issue with the factory version I have, but I am about to put an order in with them and thought, why not?

Black

2022-08-27 16.44.22 (resized).jpg2022-08-27 16.44.22 (resized).jpg2022-08-27 16.44.25 (resized).jpg2022-08-27 16.44.25 (resized).jpg2022-08-27 16.44.31 (resized).jpg2022-08-27 16.44.31 (resized).jpg
#9441 1 year ago

I agree. These look good on this machine and up until this point, I didn't like them.

#9443 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Does it change the way the game flips?
I'm very used to standard Stern.

I think the bigger question is it worth damn near 200 bucks!?

#9447 1 year ago

I never saw the hollowed out ones till this post, didn't care for the look of them but these I like.

2 weeks later
#9774 1 year ago

Cliffy sent a new lane protector for my Rush and I installed it this past weekend. The first picture is the one he originally sent and the second is the new one. The aliment is much better with the new one.

2022-09-25 13.19.35 (resized).jpg2022-09-25 13.19.35 (resized).jpg2022-09-25 13.29.32 (resized).jpg2022-09-25 13.29.32 (resized).jpg
#9778 1 year ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Cliffy makes great quality products, I have my protectors on order! Using mylar in the shooter lane in the meantime.
I always get cliffys for all of my games, such a low cost modification for the best protection.

I have them on all my games as well.

Good Stuff!

#9780 1 year ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

Same here, I've got cliffys on the 4 of my HUO games but not on my 2 player games as they're from '95 and '08. Just received my cliffy's for RUSH and HW78 Monday of this week. Nice quality and peace of mind for protecting my precious...

I will be curious to see how other lane protectors fit in comparison to the original one I installed.

#9785 1 year ago

Cool Sex Swing ^^^

#9810 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

So….. got my game in July. Have just under 450 plays on it….and yesterday I noticed seeing little clear flakes on the playfield.
So I started searching and noticed the VUK.
Anyone else having their clear coat chip away on their premiums around the VUK?
Can’t say I’m happy about this at all.
*Also found a very small chip where the ball drops into the left inlane.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Holy Cow!

I don't see the chip on the roll over switch but that VUK looks hammered!

I would clean that area up good and hit it with some "hard as nails" and then install the VUK from NC.

#9824 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I love Cliffy, but those switch slot protectors are a ball hang nightmare. What I’ve done on every Stern I own is to put down 3 layers of mylar and cut out the slot for the switch actuator. Never a wear problem, and never a ball hang.

You think NCs are the same way?

#9837 1 year ago
Quoted from H3XAG0N:

My upper scoop protector has some weird discoloration in spots. Not sure if this is dents or corrosion? Is Ninjacamp still considered the best protector available? Has anyone here had the stern v3 fix on for a while before swapping? Any shot geometry changes?
[quoted image]

I bought a Rush from the latest run and uninstalled the most recent Stern scoop fix, then installed the Ninjacamp.

No regrets.

20220827_183003 (resized).jpg20220827_183003 (resized).jpg
#9929 1 year ago

I honestly can't believe this game isn't rated higher than it is on here, amazing code and a lot of great shots! Only going to get better when the expression lighting comes out and the topper IMO.

#9936 1 year ago

I actually didn't know anything about Rush (more or less) prior to owning the pin and now I enjoy their music.

#9959 1 year ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

3 machines I highly recommend... these are my favorites!
[quoted image]

HAH! Those are the 3 machines that I own!

1 week later
#10143 1 year ago
Quoted from bbaker2824:

So .. strange issue going on. Even at a full plunge the ball doesn't have enough power to make it up the shooter lane. I'm finally getting around to looking at it. At rest the plunger is probably 1/4 inch from the ball. It appears to be a little high of center but not enough to cause this. It originally worked fine. Auto launch still works fine. Playfield looks like it's sitting where it should be.
Maybe a herring but looks like plastic shavings in cabinet under shooter.
I'm stumped. Any ideas?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Ya know what is really odd is my game did this as well after I installed the Cliffy Protectors in the shooter lane the second time around, the first time I had ones that were miss cut. Oddly enough, as quick as the problem occurred is as quick as it went away. It literally fixed itself after one or two games... I have no clue how but I haven't had the problem since.

Odd

#10147 1 year ago
Quoted from bbaker2824:

This is so bizarre. Mine has come and gone. The more I think about it the more I think it's got to be playfield alignment with the shooter rod .

It's possible, I did have the PF up and down when I installed those protectors. However... It has not happened again since then. I think when it did happen that time I adjusted those lane protectors a little and it still did not correct the problem but then as I said, it just fixed itself so your thoughts make sense. I am pretty sure on the inside of the cab when you lift the pf up and down, there are tabs that align the pf, do you know what I am referring to?

#10158 1 year ago

Anybody know of a vendor selling BLACK scoop bumpers? (#626-5057-01)
Several places have the part in blue, but I’ve had no luck finding black.
[quoted image]

Do your game a favorite and install the NC scoop protector.

#10166 1 year ago
Quoted from Sloshy:

Thoughts on shaker motor in Rush... Worth it? or not really?

It's implemented well in Rush but for me, it's a must no matter what Stern game.

#10212 1 year ago
Quoted from Photopin:

Okay $2000 for the Mando topper. I'm guessing the Rush topper will be closer to $4000 when it's released..... in 2024.

It's ridiculous.

They bring out a topper for 2K for a game that very little people care about yet nothing on Rush still let a lone Godzilla!

#10214 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I love Rush as a game, probably more than Mando, but have to call you out on that one - I guarantee more people care about Mando than Rush.

I was referring more to Godzilla but stuff Rush in there since it's a Rush thread.

#10222 1 year ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

Given they were 2k and sold out in an hour, I’m guessing enough people care. And this sends a message to stern….people will pay it

Isn't pinball a wonderful hobby!

#10224 1 year ago
Quoted from bhelms:

"You gotta pay to play" so "Put in a loonie...!"
Pins are just one of my expensive high tech hobbies. Add to that scuba, motorcycling, shooting, and flying (although that last one hasn't happened for me since when 100 LL avgas was under $5/gallon..!)

I use to own Motorcycles (Sportbikes) but don't anymore. Guns is another hobby of mine, what kind of shooting do you do?

#10250 1 year ago
Quoted from bhelms:

Not to get too far off topic, strictly handguns with training for personal defense...but some fun allowed! I recently spent the better part of of what the Rush topper will cost me on a Colt Python. I also own several Sig Legions. I always duck when Geddy shouts out "Shoot the ramp...!"

I'm a HK, FN kinda guy.

#10255 1 year ago
Quoted from JustJared:

Game restarting question.
I was playing rush last night, on the first ball the lights turned off and the screen froze, I power cycled the game and it did it again except thisbtime the game said it was restarting/resetting. After that the game worked fine.
I downloaded and updated the code this morning. Prior to it freezing it seemed like the animations we re slowing down.
Is this somewhat common? Is this an indicator of impending doom? Machine build date is July 1 2022. Just new to the spike 2 system and have some concern my first nib game is going to implode. Joking, kindof.

I have seen this happen with other Stern games before and it was bad light board causing the game to reboot. Do you have any lights that are flicking off and on? I would focus around the sling shots and flippers... I have also heard people say that the SD cards Stern uses for their games are very bad quality as well, that could be the problem too. Maybe flash the SD card or replace it with a better one?

Just a few thoughts that may or may not help in your situation.

Good Luck!

2 months later
#11889 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Brutal. Rush still has zero accessories and no topper.
Stern needs to outsource this stuff IMO - they obviously can't do it all themselves.

They are moving to a larger facility.

#11894 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Yep but do they have the employees and parts supply?

I could not say for certain, I don't work for Stern but it would seem it is at least a step in the right direction.

#11923 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Absolutely.
My worry is we do see some weakness in sales for machines so I wonder if things will pick up, or if we have seen a top in pinball demand?

There will be highs and lows in any hobby but pinball as a whole isn't going anywhere.

#11962 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

RUSH is one the greatest pins ever made.
Better than GZ.
Bond is not. Not even close.

I own Rush and Godzilla, Godzilla is the better game IMO but Rush is very good too.

A friend of mine owns Bond, code is incomplete but it will get better. The shots are there, the code is not.

#12051 1 year ago

Works well, highly recommended.

2023-01-21 10.28.04 (resized).jpg2023-01-21 10.28.04 (resized).jpg2023-01-21 10.34.22 (resized).jpg2023-01-21 10.34.22 (resized).jpg
#12063 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

You lost your nuts. J/k
Which orbit fix is this? (Who made/sold it?)

Nuts are on it, just not in this picture. Gameroom Mods makes the mod.

Quoted from PinballHaven:

Recommend installing under the plastics, like a protector.

It is installed under, like a plastic protector.

#12105 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I actually don’t mind the Stern scoop option. I’ve got Njnja sitting there but haven’t been bothered since the Stern works fine. It’s an easy enough shot with the Stern one on. Why do people go with Ninja? Looks?

The Ninja Camp one is the way the game designer intended the game to be, it is the closer to the original protector that works.

3 weeks later
#12424 1 year ago

I have a feeling Rush is about to go up in value. People are finding out just how great of a game it is and dealers are running low on inventory. With no scheduled production of the game this year and more than likely a topper release, I think it is going to be a great year for us fans of the game!

#12447 1 year ago

The funny thing is, Rush Pinball made me more of a listener of the band. I really only knew one song before I bought the pin and now I can say that I like Rush in general. I would not say I am a fan but I do appreciate their music.

#12451 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

Tom Sawyer, I'd assume. (Which I have no idea how it became Rush's signature song. It doesn't have anywhere near the energy of everything else from the band. I guess it's the main riff which is just weird enough to be interesting and fits in a radio-friendly format unlike the prog-rock epics.)

Correct.

Although after playing the game I did recognize a few others but I didn't know Rush was the artist.

#12458 1 year ago
Quoted from 6point5degrees:

My favorite callout is when you hit the right ramp, you can hear a very soft Geddy scream. Sounds like it comes from Bastille Day.
It's an even better callout when you get in a groove and can keep hitting the ramp!

Mine is when he says something like.... Hey you got a match, thanks Gary.

#12480 1 year ago

I honestly could not get rid of my Stranger Things fast enough. Game was ok at best. if I had a larger collection, maybe but I certainly would not buy another at this time and price is not the issue.

#12486 1 year ago
Quoted from Photopin:

Just curious how much everyone has spent on mods for Rush. I'm fairly conservative so I think I've only spent about $750-800. Of course, a big chunk of that was the Pinwoofers.

Close to $400

#12490 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Dumb question…
do the expression lights come as part of Stern art blades? Or are those two separate things?

They are one in the same.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 8.00
Apparel - Unisex
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lermods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, GA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 42.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider visitorq.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1?tu=visitorq and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.