IMG_6410 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2562 (resized).jpg
IMG_2578 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2574 (resized).jpeg
20240322_163542 (resized).jpg
20240322_163631 (resized).jpg
20240319_194137 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #91 Rush song list Posted by Bill2112Rush (2 years ago)

Post #1378 RULES. Link to RUSH Rulesheet Posted by Av8 (2 years ago)

Post #1389 TECH: SWITCHES. Lockdown bar action button not working - fix Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1818 MOD: SOUND. Amp DIY upgrade for RUSH Posted by TinyBlackDog (2 years ago)

Post #2123 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter lane adjustment to stop rattling ball launch Posted by Coyohtay (2 years ago)

Post #3107 TECH: SOUND. Headphone Jack no-boot when installed workaround Posted by AUKraut (2 years ago)

Post #3632 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Scoop losing track of balls. Posted by Schwaggs (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ten31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6181 1 year ago

Does anyone know why this keeps happening? Usually, two or three times per game. The game is leveled at the specified 6.5 degree pitch, maybe a little more. It gets a little annoying after a while.

IMG_1993 (resized).jpgIMG_1993 (resized).jpg
#6186 1 year ago
Quoted from schudel5:

There is a bias adjustment. The problem is if you adjust the ramp to keep this from happening, subsequent balls that hit the rubber nubs at the end of the ramp push the ramp down to the point its too low. There's no gear box between the ramp and motor so it doesn't take much to push the ramp down. You either have a ball hang up between the ramp and magnet, or you risk pushing the ramp down with ball hits. There needs to be some sort of lip under the entrance to the time machine to fill the gap. Ninjacamp to the rescue???

This is the gap on my ramp.

IMG_1998(Edited) (resized).jpgIMG_1998(Edited) (resized).jpg
#6192 1 year ago
Quoted from ian866:

Is it during a multi ball and there is already a ball held in the magnet ?
The one here has a 9.5mm gap to the ramp ( 5/8" in funny money measurements ).

It can happen in multi-ball more often (more balls) but I'm not usually looking up to see it happen. I've had it happen without multi-ball though. Sounds like there's an adjustment that can be made to lessen the gap.

#6250 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

I need more 2112 voice. We have assumed control. I need a setting where there are no fun and games with Alex and Geddy. Just pure stress from that voice. Counting down timers and shit. Like the Japanese setting on Godzilla. I love the Geddy and Alex call outs, but it would be cool to have a choice if they ever had time to do something like that.
Love this game as is.

It does need more of The Voice. In between games it should say "Press start button to assume control" when the flipper button is pressed.

#6284 1 year ago
Quoted from j_m_:

with a current bid of $200K, I'm going to go out on a limb and bet that "whitey" ends up going for over $300K when the auction ends. unfortunately, most of the items that I was looking at are currently out of reach now.
and that's before the buyer's premium of an additional 25%

But it comes with a UK work permit.

#6337 1 year ago
Quoted from andre060:

I emailed stern about this - they said the Time Machine can be moved forward which should eliminate that ball trap. I will try this on my machine and report back with which screws you need to loosen to do this.

Any update on the mystery screws for the time machine?

#6477 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

This game needs more 2112 voice call outs and less quirky stuff from Alex and Geddy. More of the voice! - ‘Shoot the portal ramp to activate the time machine. Hopefully next code update could give us that?

If they add more of The Voice I will forgive the scoop issues.

Could also use more owl action.

#6538 1 year ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

[quoted image]
Wow that flipper behavior sounds fun!

Watch out for that 10 second "penality".

#6578 1 year ago
Quoted from hank527:

How are people mounting this one as I don’t love the cable in the pic.
[quoted image]

I think that's the way people are doing it. I'm not sure why they needed 22 gauge wire for the LEDS. It doesn't look like Stern uses those to run LEDs. It makes for one fat cable.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6703 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Happens to me all the time. Stern is looking into a solution apparently. I could fiddle with moving the ramp or time machine, but I'd prefer they weigh-in since it isn't that big a deal. Worst case, the game does a ball search. Sure, it slows down the game, but it's not like the glass needs to come off to fix.
[quoted image]

This was the response I got form Stern:

"At this time, we do not have an official fix for the issue you're experiencing.
If the ball does happen to stay stuck in this position, the game will do a ball search and release the ball."

5 months later
#10693 1 year ago

Same issue as the Node 10 boards?

https://www.ign.com/articles/nvidia-16-pin-connector-cable-melting-lawsuit

"The cause of the melting appears to be a design flaw, relating to the high wattage flowing through each of the 16 pins," the legal complaint notes. "If there is even a temporary break in the electrical connection for any of the pins, too high a current will flow through the remaining pins, causing a meltdown."

1 month later
#11426 1 year ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

Someone at Stern needs to figure this problem out, Just isn’t right to go completely silent, you would think by now they have gathered enough information to know the cause. Clearly the problem isn’t the Node Board!!!

Agreed. Their silence leads me to believe that this is worse than they want to admit. Does anyone have a running total on node failures vs the number of machines sold?

#11512 1 year ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

That’s a good one - much more subtle than my thought of Far Cry: “You can almost feel the current flowing\You can almost see the circuits blowing”!

While Vital Signs is an awesome song (side B doesn't get enough appreciation), I don't think there needs to be anything subtle about this. Stern has dropped the ball and is just making it worse by hiding whatever information they have. It's unbelievable that an electrical engineer with access to schematics, trace layouts, datasheets, etc. wouldn't be able to figure this out. My guess it's just too expensive to fix and they just want a quick hack/work-around.

#11538 1 year ago
Quoted from j_m_:

also from the datasheet, the section that I've bolded seems relative to what we've been experiencing:

Therefore, short circuits should basically be avoided.

Maybe Stern took the term "basically" as a suggestion. I would assume avoiding short circuits is always a good idea.

#11543 1 year ago
Quoted from etr104:

Hey everybody, my main scoop on my Rush Premium seems to be firing balls at the very tip of the right flipper, sometimes missing and going straight down the middle. From what I understand, one of two things need to be adjusted, either the scoop itself needs to be re-angled, or the plunger that kicks the back back up to the scoop isn't hitting the ball squarely. In either case, can somebody give me instructions how how to made the necessary adjustments to resolve this?
Loving the game. About 600 games in. Luckily haven't had any of the Node 10 board troubles that others describe.

I increased the coil power a bit. Loosening the screws and moving the scoop didn't always give consistent results. Upping the coil power moved it away from SDTM much more effectively.

1 week later
#11729 1 year ago
Quoted from etr104:

How high did you have to turn the coil power up in order to effectively stop the scoop from firing balls to the very top of the flipper?

I set mine to 195. But it feels like it could be set a little lower.

1 week later
#11946 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Will be posting my Rush Prem for sale next week. Going to install a fresh node 10 board. Obviously will be upfront with potential buyer about the Rush Prem/LE node 10 issues. Price will reflect node 10 issue (....and possibly tank the value on the Prem version of this machine). Going to be very upfront and honest. Buyer needs to have patience (more patience than myself), for Stern to address this issue and come up with the fix. Christ man....this is worse than breaking up with a past girlfriend. If anybody in this community knows somebody who would appreciate a gorgeous Rush Prem at a steep discount, then feel free to shoot me a PM. Again, I am waiting on the node 10 board to arrive and install it...then I will sell. I am honestly heartbroken.

Sorry they broke you. Even though my machine seems to be fine, this sort of thing pisses me off.

#12037 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Learned a new word. Lol.

Anyone who ever owned a hamster knows this one.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Habitrail

2 weeks later
#12273 1 year ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I get the idea here, but on this case, does the artwork look like it fits in with the cutouts? The LE has artwork that compliments the rails.

For the Premium, something like this.

IMG_3260 (resized).jpgIMG_3260 (resized).jpg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#12278 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Here's the best I can do for the forgotten ...
[quoted image]

This might be a better estimate. But I'll let the people judge.

This seems better than the Premium because the artwork is busier. It frames Alex nicely if I got the dimensions right. But if it takes out Neils face, that would be sacrilege.

pro (resized).jpgpro (resized).jpg

#12290 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Thanks.... both sides need to be considered on the pro and the other/left side might even be more problematic

This is a guestimate of what the left side pro would be. Neil's face does seem to be in the danger zone.

pro-left (resized).jpgpro-left (resized).jpg

1 month later
#13252 1 year ago
Quoted from CrashJT:

If anyone cares about an easy Expression Light install, you MIGHT want to check the lower center left inside side of your Rush cabinet for 7 predrilled holes that the EL boards screws into. If you don't have them, you'll need to drill your own. On my Premium they were NOT predrilled. I explain how I made a template from the circuit board and drilled them in this post.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/184#post-7108131

Are these them holes?

A2BF8C30-AF98-40E2-9405-8303CA74E7A2 (resized).jpegA2BF8C30-AF98-40E2-9405-8303CA74E7A2 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#14208 11 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

How many people's brain has (or has ever had) mis-wired the song title as "Spirit of the Radio"

Sorry, been a Rush fan too long to make that screw up...

#14222 11 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

What's "too long?"

Going back to when Permanent Waves was released. That was the first time I started hearing Rush on the radio.

#14223 11 months ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

Welcome to La Strangiato Villa.....

definitely underrated. ZYY gets all the attention.

1 month later
#15201 10 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

I've resigned to the fact that there is a supply chain issue again and I will have to wait. I just hate that I paid in full and the distro has my cash for months.

Placed my order for EL kit with my distro on day one. They arrived about two weeks ago. No pre-pay. He even shipped them to me THEN invoiced me for them. They were installed before I even paid a dime.

5 months later
#17228 4 months ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

I can hit the right ramp 90% of the time when "lite lock" is off. When it's lit my ability to hit that ramp drops to 2%.

During La Villa Strangiato, it drops to 0%.

#17263 4 months ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

It's not Godzilla or Star Wars where uncontrolled balls will find the shots for you. You have to catch as many balls as you can and slowly work accurate shots with one remaining ball.

So you want to play a slot machine?

2 weeks later
#17406 4 months ago
Quoted from 11strings:

Question for those of you with the Rush topper installed - does it make a high pitched "whir" when the gears turn? Not a big deal, just want to make sure mine is operating as it should.

It does have a sound to it. Nothing noticeable unless you are focusing on it.

#17434 3 months ago
Quoted from arcyallen:We're gonna need some more back story here. This sounds like an impossibility (though I believe you). It's like me telling you my buddy went to a golf course he's never played on and hit five hole in ones while catching a bear cub that fell out of a tree and then a local cheerleading team emerged from the trees to celebrate.
Details please!

Watson is the AI computer developed by IBM to compete on Jeopardy. It can do anything, including playing pinball, golf, dating cheerleaders and beating all your high scores.

1 month later
#17652 68 days ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I wouldn't spend thousands more for an LE just for EL, which is what I think you said your thought process was, but I would take $500 of the money post-sale and buy the EL for a premium that I had been playing, added any mods or fixes, and confirm to have no node 10 problems.
If your LE is NIB .... Well, need I say more?
Fingers crossed.
Keep your premium, get EL after the sale.

I have an extra NIB EL set for $450 shipped if anyone needs it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 194.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 229.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

$ 16.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blaine, WASHINGTON
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 275.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ten31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1?tu=ten31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.