IMG_6410 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2562 (resized).jpg
IMG_2578 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2574 (resized).jpeg
20240322_163542 (resized).jpg
20240322_163631 (resized).jpg
20240319_194137 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #91 Rush song list Posted by Bill2112Rush (2 years ago)

Post #1378 RULES. Link to RUSH Rulesheet Posted by Av8 (2 years ago)

Post #1389 TECH: SWITCHES. Lockdown bar action button not working - fix Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1818 MOD: SOUND. Amp DIY upgrade for RUSH Posted by TinyBlackDog (2 years ago)

Post #2123 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter lane adjustment to stop rattling ball launch Posted by Coyohtay (2 years ago)

Post #3107 TECH: SOUND. Headphone Jack no-boot when installed workaround Posted by AUKraut (2 years ago)

Post #3632 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Scoop losing track of balls. Posted by Schwaggs (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sleal16.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1155 2 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

I received LE #800 two days ago. I've been tweaking it and here's what I've learned...
1) For a music pin, the sound quality isn't that great. It definitely needs a subwoofer and more high-end frequencies from the backbox speakers. I can barely hear the cymbals. I have another Polk 10" PSW108 on the way from Amazon ($250). I've found this to be the best sub for the price and it supports connections to two pins. The 4 ohm/8 ohm setting is under Utilities, but this only changes the volume. It does not improve the sound quality, which I expected being an engineer and understanding how impedance works. However, there are 10-band equalizers for both the backbox speakers and the cabinet speakers. On the backbox, I recommend increasing the midrange bands a little and the treble bands a lot. Do the reverse on the cabinet speaker, increase the bass bands. This makes a small difference, at least until the subwoofer arrives.
2) I wanted to make sure the playfield was exactly 6.8 degrees, as recommended by Stern. Usually, this makes all the shots and angles correct as the playfield designer intended. However, I noticed that no matter how much I lifted the front of the pin, the level bubble didn't move. Then I discovered that the level was not properly seated in the bracket. Push, click, fixed. After leveling (it was too high), the issue I had where my manual ball plunge was not hard enough to drop the ball to the upper flipper is now corrected.
3) The flipper strength on my machine was much to strong. Balls were flying everywhere and I was worried that things would get damaged, especially the scoops. The game was also impossibly fast and I was getting all kinds of strange deflections into the out-lanes. I lowered the strength from the default Hard to Normal and the machine plays like a dream. My first game after this correction, I was hitting all my shots, getting multi-balls, and making progress instead of watching cheap drains. I can now perform multiple loops with the left flipper and the right ramp shot is actually easier to hit.
4) My biggest complaint is the fan noise that kicks on every few minutes for about 20 seconds. I assume that this is to cool the CPU but wow, it's like someone plugged in a Hoover. Is there anything that can be done about it?
I will say that I am pleased how Stern has upped their game recently (pun intended), especially the big improvements like the quality of the cabinet artwork, the Expression lighting and the mirrored back-glass. There are a lot of little things, like the wires that keep the speaker panel from hitting the glass and the nice labels in the backbox. If they would just spend the extra $50 (wholesale) for some better backbox speakers, which on a music pin should be a no-brainer. They could also enclose the cabinet speaker and add a port, which would dramatically improve the bass.
I've been a huge Rush fan all my life, one of those people that you see in the documentaries, that explain how Rush music changed their life. I may be a bit biased but I love a well designed pin and Rush LE looks and plays like a thing of beauty. I am really looking forward to the finished code

The fan is the power supply fan. Those can be replaced for ~15 bucks for a quieter one. Runs more frequently, but decibels much lower. Believe this should work:

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-spike-system-plug-n-play-quiet-fan-kit.html

#1477 2 years ago

Man, guess the LE's sold on Stern's site get shipped close to the end... *twiddling thumbs waiting for shipping info

#1644 2 years ago

I've had a couple of missed calls from "private" numbers...hoping theyre not delivery scheduling attempts. Not getting voicemail or any other follow up though.

#1707 2 years ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

How big do the files tend to be?

Generally around 2-3GB. Not much really.

#1728 2 years ago

Guess didnt realize they got that big. Last few I downloaded of random games have usually been pretty small (still waiting on Rush).

Quoted from McIntyre905:

Not gonna lie. You are speaking French haha. Do I need to partition the usb drive or can I just plug it in download the update and plug it into the machine?

I waited in line way to long to take my Rush funkos out of the box haha

The flash drive if its a generic formatted drive, you should be able to just use as-is and dump the files to the main root directory of the flash drive. Last one I updated I just took my Windows installation flash drive and dropped the files there without even having to format it. Then use the following info from the read me:

Update instructions - All Games:
1 - Download the zip file
2 - Unzip the file, this will create a folder that contains SPK file(s).
3 - Open the folder, copy the file(s) to the root level of a
USB stick. (Do not copy the folder.)
4 - Power game off
5 - Insert USB stick
6 - Turn on game
7 - After game boots up it will give the option for software update
8 - Volume buttons change options for full or quick update. Enter selects the
option and starts the update.
9 - Once update is completed game will prompt user to power game off and
remove USB stick.

#1803 2 years ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

Does anyone hardwire the eithernet cord? If so did you drill a whole for it to run or what did you do?

Just a matter on how much modification you want to do. Least amount of work+changing the stock cabinet is running a cable through the top of the backbox. Theres a hole there for the topper wiring.

#1848 2 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Just got notice my premium is shipping IT'S HAPPENING!

daaaaam! already on premiums! nice.

That being said, anyone who ordered the LE from Stern directly on their site already got theres? I'm guessing they do those after dealing with all the distributors first.

#1852 2 years ago
Quoted from Jmxdc:

Not yet, sent them a email last week, no response yet.

Hmk, so not just me. I can wait. I'm behind anyway on clearing a spot for it.

#1946 2 years ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

Okay I'll try and find that. It came from the speakers is that the same?

Since games lately dont have physical knockers, games have the virtual sound effect version enabled by default. Some like to keep it on, I turn it off in the settings the first chance I get.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 week later
#2830 2 years ago
Quoted from gsrogers:

My LE is not connecting to my home internet. It sees my router and when I enter the password it says connecting then fails saying "unable to connect". Any ideas on what I should be looking at?
Thanks

Quoted from andre060:

I had to try a couple of times before it worked - try power cycling your game and trying again.

On my IMDN was having same issue. Rebooting didnt work...also had rebooted the router. In the end I ended up moving the wifi adapter in the backbox to another USB port and been fine since then. Might have been coincidence and trying enough times would have gotten me there, but just a data point to try out.

#2932 2 years ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Just wondering if this title is the Pontiac Aztek of Stern machines?

Outside of the scoop, as far as what i've read since I'm still waiting on the game, sounds like the issues are similar things found in mass production from most Stern games. loose connections/wires, power tweaks needed for coils, coil stops needing replacements, lots of minor things that come from getting games built by mass amount of people in short timelines. An IMDN i got NIB recently had needed several adjustments b/c things were off out of the box. Still some light issues I need to fix.

#3550 2 years ago

Wooo, LE finally shipping from Stern this week. Since it shipped after Premiums, curious if they implemented the current fix or if its been packed up since last month and still has the original fix with the prongs.

#3558 2 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

Ok, I guess I would have to hear the difference. Stock sound of my music machines never bothered me.

Quality over qty (volume). Speaker upgrades alone without anything else gives a bunch of the subtle notes or sound effects more prominence vs being lost in the background. From there the amp/cab/external sub all add a much richer and vibrant experience. Most games guess kinda wouldnt matter, but music pins you want to get closer to how you would want it as if you were playing it in a jukebox or something. And yeah, you have to hear befores and afters to really appreciate how much better of an experience you'd get

#3700 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Can anyone explain to me why it takes an hour or more to download the code via wifi on the game and it only took five minutes on my computer previously?

Also probably different storage servers. The times a be update rolls out and I don't update my game in the first few days, I'll turn the game on and it downloads on under 30 minutes or so. Maybe a lot less. Right now all games on IC that are set to automatic are grabbing it.

#3852 2 years ago
Quoted from kmad:

Who did you contact to get it?

Follow the contact instructions for tech support from Stern's website. Some experiences vary from what others have had, but all my interactions have been pretty speedy with replacement parts, if readily available, within a week or so

#3891 2 years ago
Quoted from ccw2112:

Interesting! Mine was made the day before yours… February 17 is # 834 and has the 2nd revision. No blue marge sandwich

The direct Stern sales just shipped, so they sat in the warehouse for a month or so before being packed it seems

#3901 2 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

Finally Rush pinball is in the house! ...after a 3 day shipping delay. Damn she is a beauty, ehh?
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice! My LE got to the FedEx here in town yesterday but they won't be free till next Wednesday to deliver it. Thinking of renting a truck, but think I should just wait

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3996 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Last night I was getting "File too large for destination system" and I just write it off as a crappy USB.
Today I have a 64gb SanDisk and it's saying the same thing. There's nothing on this USB.
Do I need a brand new USB? Doesn't make sense...
Can someone please help?[quoted image]

Need to format the drive to maybe extended fat if you have that option (on mac so forgot what windows options you have). If its fat32, theres a file size limite

#3998 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I use 16gb sticks, never had an issue, never had to alter format

Depends on the manufacturer probably. But fat32 has a single max file size of 4GB. With these newer updates getting bigger and bigger, more people will have to change the format type if they've been using fat32 for previous update purposes

#4004 2 years ago

Oh yeah, first time doing an update in a long while. Yup yup, they split the files into 2GB to fit the fat32 format.

Also, Gryszzz. Took another look at your screenshot. Its an SPK file, which is the update file, but the files out of the zip file you download should come out split. See screenshot. is has the extra .000 through .005 in order to have the whole thing be compatible with the flash drives. If yours doesnt have that and its a single spk file at 10gb, curious where you grabbed that file? The download from stern website comes in as .zip, not .spk, which unpacks into the 6 smaller files

Screen Shot 2022-03-27 at 2.12.23 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-03-27 at 2.12.23 PM (resized).png

#4006 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I didn't really understand that Chinese algebra you were explaining but I did get "extract zip file" outta all of it. So I Googled that and opened file with Windiws Explorer and dropped it in F drive.
Seems to be working which tells me that the shifty fuckin "Crafty File Viewer " is my hang up.
Not sure of that but it's always been problematic for me.
Anyhow thank you Flynn, appreciate it buddy.

Oh! would be interesting if your "Crafty File Viewer" combined all the files into one large file instead of keeping it split as it should be

#4008 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Hey THANK YOU Sleal!
I think it's working, but does that I mean I need to drag all the files to usb?
Sorry for the shitty pic,
[quoted image]

Yup! all of them. and make sure to copy the individual files directly and not the folder thats holding them.

#4010 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Hey THANK YOU Sleal!
I think it's working, but does that I mean I need to drag all the files to usb?
Sorry for the shitty pic,
[quoted image]

Will say this though, not sure why its different on your computer than mine, but you're missing .001. think one got renamed to the one without the number in the end. Might cause an issue.

#4012 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Because 001 just got moved to usb (I think)
I have 5 total, moving them all.
I also have a 000. Move that one too?

oh! ok that makes sense then. yeah move all of them. 000-005, you should have 6 total

#4015 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Man THANKS again Austin and Flynn. I hate computers but this is obviously imperative to know. Beers on me!
Austin is my favorite city in the US. Love love love it

Fun place! but yeah, from the photo you provided it looks to be the full contents of the downloaded zip file. Dragging all of them over to the USB drive SHOULD be all you need. I'm going to assume that the .001 that I cant see there is just the way "File Explorer" displays it.

#4024 2 years ago
Quoted from benime:

Look at the image again. By default, Windows hides "known" file extensions, and for whatever reason, his Windows recognizes 001 as a "known" extension. If you look at the second column, Type, you'll see that the first file is a '001' file. For example, if there was a file in that directory called Example.exe, all you would see is "Example" and the Type column would say "Application".
Make sense?

Thats right. I missed that part. Been about a decade since I used windows and forgot about some of the extension views. Thanks!

1 month later
#5796 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Normally I would agree with you, but something has changed recently, especially with the parts department. The initial tech support is still fine. I had 2 node board failures, and I got same-day responses, and they sent orders to the parts department for me. But I’ve been waiting a month for one board (QR reader), and almost a month for a node 10 board for Rush. They don’t share tracking numbers when they do ship, so you have no idea when things will show up or where they are. I’m still a Stern fan, but it’s frustrating, and I can’t even talk to a person there anymore. I bought 5 Sterns NIB and I own 8 now. I hope things improve soon.

Funny enough with tracking, they never send me that but I get UPS notifications automatically when something is coming my way.

I'm a recent new pin owner in the past 9 months and the few issues I've had they addressed pretty quickly on the couple of games I've gotten. Thankfully havent had node problems yet, as I think those are harder to come by. I'm waiting right now on a scuffed IMDN side cab decal, which hopefully soon.

#5801 1 year ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

Question for LE owners:
Does your game take a loonngggg time to boot all the way up? Mine is Like a 1970's TV set that takes a while to warm up.
It's running the latest .93 code.
I just timed it and 28 seconds of black display before any signs of life on it.
57 seconds for the game to come all the way up.
I tried a friend's premium and it seemed much quicker to boot all the way up. Like 2x quicker.

Could be the card or the image? Mine boots up like any other. 10 seconds of black screen and 25 or so seconds afterwards to be mostly ready

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
WilliPinball Mods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 229.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

6,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersburg, IN
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

$ 8.00
Apparel - Unisex
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sleal16.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1?tu=sleal16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.