IMG_3100 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240411_225620072.MP (resized).jpg
20240410_181338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_184826850.MP.jpg
IMG_5558 (resized).jpeg
PNG image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #91 Rush song list Posted by Bill2112Rush (2 years ago)

Post #1378 RULES. Link to RUSH Rulesheet Posted by Av8 (2 years ago)

Post #1389 TECH: SWITCHES. Lockdown bar action button not working - fix Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1818 MOD: SOUND. Amp DIY upgrade for RUSH Posted by TinyBlackDog (2 years ago)

Post #2123 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter lane adjustment to stop rattling ball launch Posted by Coyohtay (2 years ago)

Post #3107 TECH: SOUND. Headphone Jack no-boot when installed workaround Posted by AUKraut (2 years ago)

Post #3632 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Scoop losing track of balls. Posted by Schwaggs (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider scoobadoo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12006 1 year ago

Hey guys…looking to join the club. Looking for a Premium or LE NIB or mint with low plays. Did Stern fix some of the issues with their latest run? Was April their latest run?

#12085 1 year ago

Hello all..I’m officially joining the club. My Rush LE NIB is on its way!! Should be by Friday. My dealer is including the scoop edge protector and switch kit fix with the machine. I also have Cliffy’s protectors on order. Do you guys still install the Cliffy’s for the scoops or keep what came with the kit?

#12089 1 year ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Get ninjacamp mods scoop protector instead, better than either factory option or cliffy. RUSH is the first pin in a long while I haven't used a Cliffy on.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1326-ninjacamp-mods/06616-rush-tpu-scoop-protector-full-protection

Wow..those look great. What about the subway switch in the kit? Install that too or just wait and see?

#12134 1 year ago

Finally joined the club!! Arrived late yesterday and she is a beauty!! Installed the scoop and subway fix right away. Updated code, which took forever!! We stayed up till midnight before it was done!! A couple of questions.

1. The lockdown bar action button is not working. It’s lit up and blinking but does nothing when pressed. Sensor is lit and everything looks normal.

2. My manual plunge is shit. You have to pull back all of the way…hard just to get out of the shooter lane. It barely makes it. Auto plunge is fine. It will send it all the way around

3. Any suggestions on the audio settings? Especially the music? I looked briefly and and didn’t what some of those settings meant? What’s the best equalizer settings ?

4. Any other special settings I need to consider?

TIA

63000AEF-95B2-42E6-A44D-CBD2E40FE5AB (resized).jpeg63000AEF-95B2-42E6-A44D-CBD2E40FE5AB (resized).jpeg16750EB8-D267-43CB-B773-5522D0D67BDC (resized).jpeg16750EB8-D267-43CB-B773-5522D0D67BDC (resized).jpeg3F2F92E1-7038-4650-A57C-B93A81357F5B (resized).jpeg3F2F92E1-7038-4650-A57C-B93A81357F5B (resized).jpeg
#12137 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

On 2, any chance your shooter rod is missing the black rubber tip?

Yes…it is there

#12138 1 year ago

Looks like it’s not registering during the switch test…. Had to leave my house but I guess I will pick up the play field and check the wiring.

15677785-3378-4ED9-A5B2-64797BE7E4CE (resized).jpeg15677785-3378-4ED9-A5B2-64797BE7E4CE (resized).jpeg
#12142 1 year ago
Quoted from lospugs:

Answers
1 - I first thought I was supposed to see mechically that it would move when I hit the button. That is not the case. What happens is the red LEDs on the playfield indicate to which side the diverter will send the ball. The action button manually changes which of those LED side lights are lit up, and it will subsequently send the ball that direction. (Assuming I've understood your question).
3 - There are DIY solutions that work well enough. If you want an easy-to-install in 30 minutes canned solution to make the game sound amazing, buy the Pinwoofer kit.
4 - The only real settings I've tweaked to make the game a bit more fun is I extended the scoop eject 1 second from the default.
I would also suggest taking a minute to see Reyday's tutorial series for Rush. https://www.youtube.com/@raydaypinball/videos
He's got a nice 5 minute intro, to multiple videos explaining each multiball mode etc. Super helpful.

The action button doesn’t even work to start a game. It doesn’t work to choose people on my IC home team…

#12144 1 year ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

Have you removed the lock bar and pressed the switch with your finger? That's the first step.
If it works with your finger, look at the underside of the the button and see how it aligns with the switch. Sometimes they are just off a bit and you can adjust the switch placement.
If it doesn't work, make sure the switch wiring is connected.
BTW this is a Rush thread, not a Godzilla thread.

Oh damn…I posted the wrong pic!! Yes, I took off the lock bar and nothing when pressed with my finger either. It is lit and it blinks but nothing. Can’t even start a game with it…I had to step away from the machine but I’ll check the wiring when I get back

A10FD933-057F-4FE7-8260-D2EAFCA8FC62 (resized).jpegA10FD933-057F-4FE7-8260-D2EAFCA8FC62 (resized).jpeg
#12156 1 year ago

Just wanted to give an update. I found the problem with the Action button. I took the leaf switch off and the whole switch was bent closed so I bent it up to open and now it works. Thanks for all the help!!!

1 week later
#12260 1 year ago

Rush is my first Stern LE….I noticed some some small leg protectors from the factory. Do you guys use something extra? Like the plastic ones from Pinball Life?

#12262 1 year ago
Quoted from mjannusch:

No, the factory leg spacers are all you need. If you add more there, you risk the plastic rubbing on the cabinet decals and causing problems.

Perfect. That’s what I was thinking too

1 week later
#12389 1 year ago

What are you guys using for a keychain for the coindoor for Rush? Anyone have any links to buy?

#12425 1 year ago

Can anyone explain to me in 2nd grade terms what the “percentage shots add to scoring” does in the modes? Does it increase the scoring X% to that particular mode?

#12439 1 year ago

Another question….when the concert footage is shown during gameplay on the LCD screen…there is a lag with Geddy’s lips and the music coming from the speakers. Is this normal or is there a setting I can adjust in the menu? TIA

#12442 1 year ago
Quoted from finman2000:

Unfortunately, it's normal.

That’s what I thought….not a big deal…thanks for the help

1 week later
#12595 1 year ago
Quoted from OutpostKodelia:

Hey there, sending you a PM. We'll absolutely take care of this for you. The issue you're showing is exactly what the V2 was intended to address.

I just installed my scoop protectors and love it!! Quick question….I’m now getting SDTM drains from the front scoop. Do you think I might have tightened the scoop down at a bad angle?

1 month later
#13015 1 year ago

Just got my Topper with Zach at Flip N Out!! This thing looks sick!!

#13021 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Photos or it didn't happen...

Boom!! This machine will never leave my gameroom so why not!!

1DD5BE16-B3D5-4EC9-9A02-576D94757829 (resized).jpeg1DD5BE16-B3D5-4EC9-9A02-576D94757829 (resized).jpeg
#13025 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

oh.... I thought you had the topper....

I wish!!

#13181 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

So, so many complaints about the high price of the new topper. There's a HUGE positive aspect to this, too. Pinball is hot right now! We've had the release of no fewer than 6 new games this year. That's incredible! Why? Because the market can support this. Sure, they're expensive. Would you prefer the alternative? A slow, dead market that can't support new development and new releases? If these sky-high prices can't be sustained, they won't. A bit of patience will pay off in this case. I say, bring 'em on. A healthy, robust market in the pin hobby means more innovation, more choices, and more new product. That's not nothing.

I 100% agree with this. I don’t quite understand how those on here that claim to be in the hobby since the “good ole days” complain so much about increased prices in what is a “HOBBY”. What was the price back then for eggs, peanut butter, gas, or a Ford truck? Technology and innovation comes with a price. Those prices are also driven by market demand. Right now, demand is at an all time high. Anyone who went to TPF can attest to that….Yes, does Stern price to maximize their return? Sure they do. But I don’t think them or the other companies are sitting back laughing at everyone for buying these accessories. Nobody should be angry at the ones that do buy these accessories. This is a sign of a very healthy market. Just my opinion…

#13187 1 year ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

I'd like to agree but I see the launch of 6 new games as the "greed" factor (as apposed to "fear") as manufacturers push the market beyond its support level. I hope I'm wrong but if it mirrors real estate markets, bubbles doo pop. A sure sign of success is over supply, gluttony then bust. Hope I'm wrong. As for toppers, I'm lucky - my darn ceiling is too low so there's no decision on cost/ROI etc.

I’m not understanding how the launching of 6 new games by 6 different manufacturers is greed…it’s not like all of the companies got together to scheme the hobbyists. Hell, I’m thankful that we have 6 companies in the industry that are releasing games. The industry is obviously not stagnant. That would be like saying that Ford, Chevrolet, Toyota, Kia, and Nissian releases their new vehicles at the same time is greed. Once again, this points to a very strong market. You can’t be upset with people who are paying these prices. Just like any other HOBBY, you have to pay to play. Again, just my opinion….

#13388 1 year ago

Can’t find the new UI adjustment in the service menu under new code 1.10. Can someone tell me where it’s located? TIA

#13494 1 year ago

Just watched the making of Rush Pinball by Stern. It’s a great, short nugget. Borg mentioned that there’s a setting in the game for more humorous call outs by the band. Anyone know where that setting is?

#13551 1 year ago

Any of you HUO reset your scores with the new 1.10 Code? I didn’t…Should I?

#13583 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

On resetting the scores, think of it this way - the GC scores from 1.02 weren't really real, they were a mirage of unfinished and unbalanced code. It's like judging a TV show by the pilot before the characters and continuity are in place. v1.02 and v1.10 are completely different games for scoring; comparing them is as meaningless as comparing say Pinbot and Jackbot scores.
And yeah, you should reset. Besides the GC, all the mode scores are very much affected as well, now that 4x rainbow multipliers no longer exist and the record boost value resets on a drain. Take a video of scrolling through the scores first if you do want to keep the information.

I got my Rush in January so code was was probably a little past 1.02. I guess the unbalanced scoring was still there when I got it. Resetting the scores is a bummer for me but my wife will be ecstatic!!!

1 week later
#13673 1 year ago

Ok…I’m posting this just as a discussion…I’m not complaining. I absolutely love this game!! I’m a very average player but I did the update and read that it was suggested to reset the high scores. My GC was 958 million. I reluctantly reset them. Now….I can hardly get to 100 million!! Maybe I really do suck but it’s frustrating. Or maybe it’s just a run of bad luck. I’m using the same strategy for as before. My question is, is the adjustment of the scoring that drastic? What is the reason for them to adjust the code and scoring so drastically? I own several modern Stern games and have did numerous code updates. I don’t think I’ve ever seen one downgrade points so much. Maybe I just don’t understand how code is written and adjusted for scoring.

3 weeks later
#14182 11 months ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

Wooo! Email notice from UPS that an order from Flip N Out Pinball will be delivered tomorrow! What is in that order? Why a Rush topper!
And of course I'm going away this weekend. (kicks the gound like the Roll the Bones cover kid)

Damn…I haven’t received my email either from Flip N Out. Now I’m even more anxious!!

Edit: Just received my email!! Woo Hoo!!!

4 months later
#16392 7 months ago

Anyone having trouble with the Uber loop fix by Ninja Camp? I’ve had it installed for about 3 months and everything was fine. Now the last part of the mod is protruding out getting the ball stuck. I’ve tried to push it back with no success….very frustrating…

IMG_3209 (resized).jpegIMG_3209 (resized).jpeg
#16401 7 months ago
Quoted from lospugs:

Mine did that as well when I had it installed. I ordered the Gameroom mods plastic piece as well. Installed that, and haven't had a shot not register since it was in so I've never gone back to the NC piece. The NC piece worked great when it was in the correct position though.

What is the exact company and name for this mod?

#16410 7 months ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

Yeah, that has slid way too far up on the metal guide. Possible you may need a piece of double sided tape (I've used Gorilla brand) on the tab that goes on the back side of the guide.

I can’t find the original instillation guide. Where does it supposed to be? More in the curve before the switch? TIA

IMG_3209 (resized).jpegIMG_3209 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 42.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 210.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 229.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 275.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider scoobadoo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1?tu=scoobadoo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.