IMG_6410 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2562 (resized).jpg
IMG_2578 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2574 (resized).jpeg
20240322_163542 (resized).jpg
20240322_163631 (resized).jpg
20240319_194137 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #91 Rush song list Posted by Bill2112Rush (2 years ago)

Post #1378 RULES. Link to RUSH Rulesheet Posted by Av8 (2 years ago)

Post #1389 TECH: SWITCHES. Lockdown bar action button not working - fix Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1818 MOD: SOUND. Amp DIY upgrade for RUSH Posted by TinyBlackDog (2 years ago)

Post #2123 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter lane adjustment to stop rattling ball launch Posted by Coyohtay (2 years ago)

Post #3107 TECH: SOUND. Headphone Jack no-boot when installed workaround Posted by AUKraut (2 years ago)

Post #3632 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Scoop losing track of balls. Posted by Schwaggs (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider reality_studio.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#291 2 years ago

Just got mine from good 'ol AYCE Gogi in West Hills, plays really well, I'm happy
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#297 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Congrats! Any damage on the scoop so far?

I actually didn't even know about the scoop issue as I don't tend to follow such things too closely, had to search around to see what you meant. But yeah looks like the metal cover on the lower scoop is starting to take a beating. The perils of being an early adopter I guess.

#310 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Just played a pro and had a fucking blast. Promised myself I’d wait for my LE to arrive but just couldn’t resist.
[quoted image]

Stern's killing it with some of the recent Pro's, both Godzilla and Rush Pro models are a blast to play! I even thinking I may prefer the ramp always going into the time machine on Rush Pro.

#368 2 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

Anyone actually play a Rush machine yet?
If so how is it ?
I was lucky to get on LE list and I’m a huge rush fan but want to make sure it’s a good playing machine

Been banging on my Pro for a few days now and love it! Plays faster than I was expecting which is great as I love fast and flowy games. For comparison I wasn't super crazy about Jurassic Park, good game but I thought it a bit cluttered and a touch too slow. Shots are reasonable to make, seems like lots to do even on the Pro model. I love doing the shot through the left bumpers, looping it around then catching it on the top right flipper into the scoop, very satisfying. I haven't noticed excessive drains or the ball flying over the flippers as others have mentioned Borg games tending to do, at least not on my model, the game seems fairly designed to me. Also love how they handled songs, you can pick a favorite to just keep playing in the background and it only gets overridden by modes, then it comes back to your selected song once done with a mode, very cool. Drives me nuts on other music pins when the song keeps cutting out. Mine doesn't have any issues out of the box except for the scoop protector which eventually I'll replace. I emailed Stern about it and they got back to me right away saying they are working on a replacement part. This one is an easy recommend to me even if just the Pro, it's awesome.

PXL_20220209_004150372 (1) (resized).jpgPXL_20220209_004150372 (1) (resized).jpg
#372 2 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

Thank you and by coincidence you have Godzilla. I was thinking about grabbing that too at the same time .
Not to change rush subject but, do you recommend that one also?

Yeah Godzilla is one of the better pins I've played in recent memory, admittedly I like it better than Rush. I played the Pro version of Godzilla as well and honestly it's also great, but spring the extra for the Premium if you can.

#423 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

My understanding is if a disro has extra after the operator orders are filled they can sell to customers. I know there are a few others in my area with pros in their homes now.

That's how I got mine.

#479 2 years ago

Deleted, I sorted the issue.

#649 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The fingers are of significant thickness - this is not good for being transparent to ball movement. This is... disappointing.

I wonder if that's a temporary fix because Stern support just emailed me this today, apparently they are still working on a final fix.

#920 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I’m sure I’m in the minority, but I like the plainness of the speaker panel for most Sterns. It gives your eyes a rest from the artwork on the translite and playfield.

Same here, I'm even finding I prefer solid black speakers compared to the see through speaker panels. Kinda also wish the two labels weren't in that area as well and that it was just pure black with the screen in the middle.

PXL_20220209_004150372 (resized).jpgPXL_20220209_004150372 (resized).jpg
#966 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You can also image a SD card with the new version and just put that in the machine. Bypasses USB entirely and you have a better SD card than the crappy one Stern supplies in the machine.
https://sternpinball.com/support/sd-cards/

Oh so all one has to do is reimage an SD card with an image form that link and presto, you're on the latest version? How did I not know that all this time lol. I've been using the Insider Connected updating lately but it's just too darned slow, I'll try the SD card method next time on a fresh sd card.

1 week later
#1985 2 years ago
Quoted from zoor0pa:

Neat idea, I don't mind taking out my phone but drives me absolutely bonkers that it makes me login every time. I was able to use "Widgetsmith" to add a photo of it to one of my home screens - similar concept.

I sort of did the same, in my case took a screen shot of the code, uploaded it to my google drive then made a google drive shortcut to it on my phone screen. So one click to see the image.

1 week later
#2650 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Just the weekend beer talking.
[quoted image]

My main concern is that the pop bumper to the left will be hurling balls at full speed right into that metal plate with the two screws, that can't be good.

#2949 2 years ago
Quoted from gandamack:

To all the owners of multiple Stern machines:
In your honest assessment, does Rush have more or the same amount of issues when compared to other Stern nib machines?

From the nib ones I owned:

AC/DC Lucy Vault: Distributor took over an hour to fix the canon which didn't work right out of the box.

Black Knight Sword Of Rage Pro: No issues at all.

Elvira LE: My most problematic Stern machine, ramp getting stuck, gargoyles getting stuck, had to remove the house to make some fixes, etc...

Godzilla LE: No issues at all.

Rush Pro: Aside from the scoop taking a beating, no issues at all.

So for me Rush has been pretty good.

#2974 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

we've been testing these protectors in two locations for over three weeks with thousands of plays and zero issues!

Looks interesting, do you have pictures of it after those thousands of plays? Curious how it's stood up.

#3141 2 years ago

I don't mind Stern's fix, but that left pop bumper will be hurtling the ball right into that exposed metal plate and screws regularly, is that really ok or is that something to worry about?

STERN (resized).jpgSTERN (resized).jpg
1 week later
#4168 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Ok, everyone asked so here it is. Results of play after two tournaments and about ~3 weeks on location with a non-f’ed up scoop. It is really hard to take pictures that are super macro without a great camera, but hopefully these do the job. I would estimate about 800+ balls played on it, plus multi balls of course. Not only does it still look perfect, there is a tiny bit of green sharpie still on the wood from when I was trying to trace it.

Mine just shipped so hope to install it soon, do you recommend using an acrylic washer under the posts to prevent bunching or you think that's not necessary? Just asking as someone else mentioned they did that.

#4420 2 years ago

Just installed the Ninja replacement scoop protectors, took about 40 minutes start to finish. Played a bunch of games, they seem to work really well! I'm happy that the original angles of the game are kept in tact, so the ball can bounce off the RUSH targets into the lower scoop, etc, as originally designed which is very nice. I think this will hold up for me at home just fine. I'll still get the Stern protector once they offer it in case a future owner wants it but I'm not installing it, gonna keep this one on. Thanks for making this!

One thing, I think there may be a typo in the instructions. Regarding the screws circled in yellow, it first says:

"Premium/LE: You have an extra plate that needs to be loosened to remove the protector.
Back out the screws shown in yellow about 1/8”."

Then later it says:

"Premium/Pro: Once your protectors are removed, go back to the yellow highlighted screws you loosened in the
previous step and tighten them back down. The new protector will sit under the plate."

I think that second part should say "Premium/LE" rather than "Premium/Pro"?

PXL_20220402_040926245 (resized).jpgPXL_20220402_040926245 (resized).jpg
#4498 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

I will probably buy a Ninja.
As a first time NIB buyer I was counting on Stern taking care of this issue.I have been in touch with Stern and got the "coming soon" promise so I waited. My mistake.

It's unfortunate but unlike most any other products out there, with pinball you have to go the diy route sometimes and figure out fixes yourself sometimes with 3rd party options, just the way it is alas. Having said that the Ninja fix is really cool and imo much better than Stern's because it keeps the original ball path lines intact. On this game the ball frequently flies past that lower scoop area and the Ninja fix keeps that great fast flow feel whereas Stern's fix blocks it which will result in more ball impacts/slowdowns. I tend to prefer pro models for fast and flowing ball movement, so that the Ninja fix keeps that feel on the pro to me is awesome. Looks like the future Cliffy fix will do the same, I may get that as well just to have.

It's not too bad to install but two strong suggestions. One is to make sure your ratchet set does indeed have that deep socket 3/8", that will really help, and definitely have a magnetic telescoping pickup tool handy, helps keep washers and such from disappearing in the nether regions of these machines. If there is an unreachable place on a pinball machine, a loose washer is basically guaranteed to find it.

PXL_20220403_163926209 (resized).jpgPXL_20220403_163926209 (resized).jpgPXL_20220403_163932994 (resized).jpgPXL_20220403_163932994 (resized).jpg

#4708 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

It's only 14 pages, but it's 14 pages of GREATNESS.

I watched this video, dude explains the game fairly well.

#4842 2 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

I have a very early Rush Pro built Jan 27th.
My dealer told me that the scoop kits were shipped to them last week but they didn't show this week.
I have mylared around the scoops for now and watching closely for any damage. I already had a small chip come off in front before I mylared but the new scoop protector should cover it. It came with a protector that had to be taken off immediately as it lifted within a few games.
Does anyone know what Stern has shipped out for scoop protectors for the pro's?
Will they do both the front and side scoops?
If it's going to be the "blueberry sandwich" version as I 've seen someone call it on here, I'm gonna to order the Ninja before Stern's even arrives.

My pro was built Jan 14 and I haven't heard back from Stern either, every time I emailed them I would get the same canned response that their engineers are working on it. Don't care anymore though as I bought and installed the protector Ninja makes which works great.

#4844 2 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

Would you send me their email address for Stern that you used. My dealer who I trust told him they had been shipped to them. Unless Stern was telling him an "untruth". Do you know what Stern is planning or has sent out for scoops? Anyone?

I initially filed a support ticket via their support page here:

https://sternpinball.com/support/contact-us/

...and reply emails came from [email protected] from Thalia Cruz. To clarify from my previous post, they would always reply and fairly quickly but it's become the same "engineers working on it" response so I haven't replied back anymore.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4847 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Bottom scoop only, which makes no sense. The upper one gets the crap beat out of it as well. You're basically gonna have to choose a third party solution in the end, IMO. Might as well do it sooner rather than later.

Yup, seriously people should just get Ninja's dual scoop solution and enjoy their game. Side note, the material they used for their fix is really interesting, makes me wonder if that's in general a better way to go than the typical metal scoop protector.

#4931 2 years ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

It was reported in the latest TPN (Ep 96) that there IS a version 4 protector that is being installed on the Pros and Premiums "shipping later this month" AND that it will be sent out in kit form. No indication what that entails, though.

That makes sense to me because the blue version has been out a while now but Stern support still talks as if they are working on a solution.

1 month later
#6330 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Not a huge fan of the current concert footage, rather replace with the original videos where possible.

It would be cool if they had an option to show concert videos or the original music videos. I like the concert videos, but having the original music videos would be a nice hit to the nostalgia.

#6421 1 year ago

Is there any way to get a backglass version of the Pro translite?

#6598 1 year ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

I posted earlier that every time I logged in and scrolled through the songs, it froze/crashed on 2112. If I don’t log in, it’s fine. Or if I don’t scroll to 2112, it’s fine.

No issues on my Pro with the latest code. Just a theory, but maybe it's a sign that your sd card is going bad? Maybe todays update was larger than all previous ones and hence is now using space on your sd card that is bad, which could cause the game to lock up when you song select.

#6619 1 year ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

I guess its possible, but I played several games last night making sure I didn't scroll to 2112 when selecting songs and it never crashed.
I did reinstall the code again on a different USB with the same results.

Oh I didn't mean the usb thumbdrive you're installing from, I meant the sd cards inside the pin itself may be going bad. I think there's two in the head, a full size sd card and a micro sd card, maybe one of those is in the process of dying.

#6799 1 year ago
Quoted from misterschu:

i wonder what percentage of this sentiment is due to pinball machines not being in the ideal wifi area in your house.

It's definitely slow via Wifi. We have gigabit internet at home and a top of the line Wife 6e mesh router that is not far from our pins. Other wifi devices in the area work really fast but the pins are always painfully slow. For example I just ran a speed test on my phone while standing next to my Rush pin and it gets well over 200 mbps. I still update via wifi because it is convenient, but I basically start the update then go check the pin in about 2 hours. My Rush is doing that at the moment.

I do wonder if upgrading the sd card and micro sd card to faster models would help, I know some cheaper cards will dramatically throttle down read and write speed when in continuous use so maybe that's what's happening here, not sure though.

3 weeks later
#7548 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Question, I played a pro again and still love it. I am not a RUSH fan. I don’t hate them mine you. My daughters like it but not the theme. Are you owners still enjoying the game? I am really thinking about picking a pro up.
I currently have Godzilla pro, EHOH premium, and Halloween. I sold AIQ and GOTG this year. Three pins just doesn’t feel right and want a 4th one again.
I definitely prefer RUSH over Dead Pool and Mando. Thanks for any feedback.

Your list of games is interesting because the last games I've purchased from most recent to least recent are Rush Pro, Godzilla LE, Halloween CE, Elvira LE.

Elvira was cool but, and I can't explain why, the appeal of it just faded far faster than I was expecting. This is from someone that also owned and loved Scared Stiff and Party Monsters. I also found it to be the most fiddly game to maintain that I've ever owned. So I sold it.

Halloween CE was very cool and if I had more room I may have kept it. But ultimately I find I prefer the general feel of the new Sterns so I sold it.

Godizilla LE is great, but I've thought of selling it because truth be told I play my Rush Pro significantly more. Still an excellent game though.

Rush Pro I bought the instant it came out, mine is a first run and it's still getting lots of play. I do like the band though which will be a big influence for sure, but I find the game is just simple to jump in and play and it shoots/flows very well. I have no plans on selling it any time soon.

For reference I like mayo on burgers so make of my opinion what you will.

1 week later
#7814 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

This line of discussion is kinda ridiculous if you ask me. Someone posted an honest but mostly respectful game review. Who cares who they work for? Save your vitriol for the assholes who post a review like “this game is a turd, I walked away before playing my 3rd ball” and rate it a 3.4.

Yup, I didn't mind his post at all, it seemed respectful to me.

Side note, how in hell are some of you getting such high scores? My best is still just 144 million I do get a lot of side drains though, so for those that seem to get crazy high scores are your outlane posts set like mine? I usually just leave stuff as it came from the factory figuring that's how it was intended, but crikey I can't get anywhere near the scores y'all are getting.

#7860 1 year ago
Quoted from MooButt:

My posts on both sides were set in the bottom holes from the factory.

Quoted from konjurer:

My Pro shipped with the post in the lowest (narrowest) position. But the lanes are still vicious drain monsters.

Hmm I wonder if the setting is arbitrary, like the way it's set at the factory just depends on who has setup the machine or if Stern did indeed change the factory settings for the post. Mine was one of the first to be sold and it has them high up. Ok thanks, I'm gonna change mine to be lower.

#7895 1 year ago

Is it possible that it's a timing thing where if both the ramp and clock stepper motors operate at the same time they can overload and take out the node board?

#7909 1 year ago
Quoted from livetowin:

Just ordered a pro. Are the node board issues with just premiums or are pros failing as well?

Seems to be Premium/LE only as it pertains to the moving ramp and clock. Maybe someone could try disabling just the clock since it's cosmetic only and see if that stops the node boards from breaking.

#8000 1 year ago
Quoted from jonboy71:

Are all NIB Stern products this bad? I bought it to play, not have to install 3rd party parts and worry about boards blowing. I understand some adjustments and routine maintenance should be expected, but it seems to me proper testing at Stern would have manifested and sorted out these problems before full production. We'd all be having a better experience. I don't think that's asking a lot for a product at this price point. Is there a lemon law in the pinball world?

I've owned both Stern and Spooky NIB pins and they all have issues unfortunately, just part of pinball.

#8004 1 year ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Agreed with the above comments--and let's throw in the fact that we're all clamoring for the pins to get in to our homes, so we aren't always patient about waiting. In my case, without the help of pinsiders, I would never have bought NIB pins at all, in that I tend to rely on pinside more than the manufacturer for support.

It can be really frustrating especially given the cost, but eh I love these machines so I keep coming back. I am thinking of switching to only buying Pro models going forward though. I'm finding they have *far* less issues than the Premium/LE models, you can get them right away which I love as I like playing them during the honeymoon phase, and been finding I tend to prefer the play and art packages on Pro models lately.

2 weeks later
#8450 1 year ago
Quoted from kmad:

How are everyone’s NINJACAMP RUSH TPU SCOOP PROTECTORs holding up now that many folks have had them installed for a while?

No issues with mine at all, still working strong.

2 months later
#10322 1 year ago
Quoted from Gabpower:

I don't think I've ever played a pin with a shaker in it. Is it really worth it or more of a gimmick that adds basically nothing except a little more immersion?

My Godzilla had one and in that particular game it did work well, but aside from that I find them to not really be necessary. I've had various pins over the years that have had one but I don't plan on adding a shaker to any of my current and future pins. To me adding a subwoofer is by far the better option as far as how to get some nice smooth rumble, shaker motors I find can vary between nice and abrasive to where I often ended up just disabling them. But that's just my take, I'd definitely suggesting playing one out in the wild to see what you think.

3 weeks later
#10700 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

I have a GZ on order but playing the 2 back to back I prefer Rush, just feels faster.
I suck at pinball anyway but both are definitely amazing.

I had a Godzilla LE right next to my Rush Pro at home for a while. Godzilla is great but 9 out of 10 times I'd play Rush over Godzilla, hence I sold my Godzilla. I just love Stern Pro's, they always seem to play fast and furious.

#10744 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Mando is great! Underated game. I think these are the 3 best, modern Sterns.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Those 3 make for an awesome lineup!

Quoted from kempsuk:

Hi Rush Fans
On my Rush... the ball seems to rattle around the shooter lane when I plunge, so I don't get a nice clean plunge out of the shooter lane. Is this a common thing on Rush? Any adjustments, changes, or mods out there for this?
Thank you

I had that issue on mine but I noticed the playfield was resting a little too low when in place. So what I did was put some felt under the two brackets that touch the cabinet when the playfield is lowered into place, effectively raising it just a little. That solved my shooter rattles and now it plunges smoothly.

1 week later
#10867 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

If anyone is interested in seeing this game get absolutely blown up here is a VOD from Dalton Ely putting up a score of 70 BILLION amazing.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1666338969

His last ball bonus alone was 10x better than my best game score.

#10933 1 year ago

Is anyone getting multi billion scores on a pro or is that mostly just on premium models? Curious if I just absolutely suck on my pro, or if the premium is much easier.

1 week later
#11201 1 year ago
Quoted from Dobler:

I’ve hit 2.1B on my Pro and a handful of 1B games. And yet I still haven’t made it to either Cygnus mode. Ugh. With the latest code though I’m hopeful it will happen fairly soon. Fingers crossed.
Shout out to Thousand Oaks, my home town. Moving my parents from there up to Seattle area this weekend so I’m sad to say I may not make it back down that way again.

I guess I suck then, still at just 320 million on my Pro after 300 games. It's ok though, still absolutely love this game!

We moved from Seattle to Thousand Oaks back in 2005, small world! Lived in Kirkland and Bellevue for about 6 years, very much enjoyed our time up there.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#11237 1 year ago

I figure the clock is mostly decorative whereas the ramp is functional, so perhaps try psysically unplugging the clock but leaving the ramp connected, then see what happens? Just in case the issue only happens when both operate at the same time.

#11239 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

The clock keeps time on headlong flight multiball. It's the hardest one for me to get to, takes a lot of pop bumper hits, so it's kind of needed. I've had no #10 issues yet, don't even want to look at the board or wiring

Does the game require the clock be connected though for the mode to work?

#11245 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

I would not under any circumstances unplug either the clock or ramp and turn the game on. This is a known cause of node 10 board failures. If the node 10 board is present in your game, it needs to connected to both motors at all times.
The proper way to disable the clock is via the menu under game specific settings.

Oh wow so just disconnecting the clock and turning the machine will blow up the node board? I had no idea that was even possible, ok never mind then.

#11303 1 year ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

Can anyone please share what holes the outlane posts are set in from the factory? I just picked up a used LE and want to be sure. Thank you!

This is how my Pro came from the factory, left peg in the middle, right peg at the top.

PXL_20221220_165104456 (resized).jpgPXL_20221220_165104456 (resized).jpgPXL_20221220_165118581.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20221220_165118581.MP (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#11708 1 year ago

Hey all quick q. I currently have a sub connected to my Rush Pro using the Pinnovators gizmo and it works great. Was wondering, I have a spare set of tower speakers lying around, is it possible to get all that hooked up as well? I setup the tower speakers on either side of the game and I'm digging the look, now just wondering if it can all be connected! I do have a spare a/v receiver but hopefully there's a smaller solution that would work, like maybe a board that connects to the main Stern board, that connects to a small amp that can be stored in the machine, then speaker wires to the speakers.

PXL_20230105_212321966 (resized).jpgPXL_20230105_212321966 (resized).jpg

#11710 1 year ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

There's an active sound upgrade DIY thread around here somewhere, just cant find it now.
Depending on which pinnovator gizmo you have, the easiest approach is using that wire out into your amp then run the speakers and sub from the amp.
Does it have 2 rcas out?

It's that Pinsub kit, looks to only have one out to the sub and it relies on the sub's amp. I figure external amplification would be needed to hand the tower speakers. I did see that homebrew audio thread but it seems fairly involved and mostly focussed on backbox speakers, I was hoping there was a something more plug and play. I'll probe around a bit, I figure I can't be the 1st dude that's thought of doing this.

2 weeks later
#12046 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:

I put 5.25” kicker speakers in the head and added a $50 powered sub and tweaked the EQ in the settings.
It sounds amazing, you will like it.

I got the $20 Pinsound line out adapter, an $80 Fosil amp from Amazon and reused some old Klipsh tower speakers and a Velodyne sub that I bought back in the 90s. Sounds pretty good, what surprised me is how much more pronounced channel separation is.

Untitled-1 (resized).jpgUntitled-1 (resized).jpg
#12048 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Aww, you cheated.. external Klipsch Tower speakers... that's a whole different level. Nice!

Perhaps a little cheating But hey for just $100 and some old gear it works well! Only thing that confused me is the machines internal volume control still works implying that the Stern amp and eq continue to be part of the audio chain. I thought the line out would bypass all that and rely purely on the external amps but that's not the case. It still sounds good although I did have to disable the internal Stern eq and disconnect all three internal speakers.

3 weeks later
#12507 1 year ago
Quoted from Photopin:

Just curious how much everyone has spent on mods for Rush. I'm fairly conservative so I think I've only spent about $750-800. Of course, a big chunk of that was the Pinwoofers.

Thus far only $100 on my Pro, basically the Pinsound adapter and a small Fosil amp to let me connect some old tower speakers and a sub. I'm not sure if I'm going to spend anything more as I'm finding I like the basic clean look of the Pro models more and more. Guess I'll see when the topper and expression lights come out.

#12576 1 year ago
Quoted from OutpostKodelia:

Hey there, sending you a PM. We'll absolutely take care of this for you. The issue you're showing is exactly what the V2 was intended to address.

Is there any way to know which version one has?

#12581 1 year ago
Quoted from OutpostKodelia:

If you purchased before 4/12/22 you almost certainly have the old one. The easiest way to tell them apart visually is that the V2's have a third L shaped tab that screws down under the playfield. If you have that, you're already set. If not, then PM me.

Ah my order was 2022-03-22 so looks like I have the old one, I'll pm you.

1 week later
#12729 1 year ago

Still haven't broken the billion barrier, but getting there. After 400+ games it's still my favorite pin of all time.

#12747 1 year ago

Getting the game level seems particularly important for Rush. For example before leveling mine the scoop would launch the ball to varied locations but after leveling it shoots it to the right flipper every time. I used a digital level and got it to 0.0 both near the flippers and at the top of the playfield, along with a 6.9 pitch.

3 weeks later
#13042 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

No comments yet on the new User Interface settings. This looks interesting. I'm downloading now...
- Added UI INTERFACE PANEL LEVEL adjustment:
- Default: FULL - matches previous behavior.
- Added additional options:
- NONE - Completely removes UI except for credits, ball in play, and
player scores.
- MINIMAL - Shows Time Machine and Mode Panels.
- ESSENTIAL - Shows RUSH spellout, 1-2-3 combo, and Drum Clock status.

Oh that's interesting, I'll definitely be trying "essential" as default mode is a little busy, may peek at "minimal" setting as well.

1 week later
#13564 1 year ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

Any of you HUO reset your scores with the new 1.10 Code? I didn’t…Should I?

I did, I figure my old scores don't apply with the new code so why bother keeping them, I reset them all.

3 months later
#15809 8 months ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

I love my Rush, but really want both. Hell I kinda even want an LZ Pro if I could snag it sub 5K. That and a Star Trek Pro.

I'm the same, love my Rush but wouldn't mind a Foo pro and LZ pro. Although I'd swap your Star Trek for a Bond pro.

#15851 8 months ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

All I have are music pins - all with the stock speakers. I did add a 12" Klipsch sub underneath each one and that improves the sound tremendously (IMO).

I used some old tower speakers and an 30 year old sub I had lying around on my Rush machine and it sounds great, however I do think the best bang for the buck by far is just adding a sub. Even better is that you can share a single sub with a whole row of machines making it such a cheap value add.

PXL_20230105_212321966 (resized).jpgPXL_20230105_212321966 (resized).jpg

Quoted from kool1:

Play 10 games on the newest code.
Obviously I won't change your mind if you hate bond and/or love the band Foo Fighters.

My local place got Bond Pro right when it launched and I wasn't crazy about it when I played it back then, but now it's my favorite machine at his location and he has all the new pins. I suspect I'll end up with one at some point.

#15892 8 months ago
Quoted from Big_G:

Dump limelight for YYZ.

Hmmmmmm, that's a negatory on that one.

#15915 8 months ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Never tried, but maybe I should have. Thought it may sound muddy. I wanted each to be independent for volume control. Perhaps overkill, but the Klipschs had some huge discounts going on in the past.

For what it's worth the $75 Pinnovators sub mixer let's you set level individually on all 5 inputs. I had used it with 3 pins at one point and it sounded fine to me although I'm not an audiophile. Not using it now since I'm down to just one pin.

2 months later
#16609 6 months ago

This is how my Pro was set out of the box.

1 week later
#16748 6 months ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Holy crap.... My son started mine at 3:30.... 3 hours later and it's 33% downloaded

I've got pretty fast internet and yet my Rush Pro update today took around 3 hours via IC. I don't get why it's so horrifically slow compared to every single other device in my house, maybe it fights a dragon after every 1% downloaded.

1 month later
#17215 4 months ago
Quoted from orangedude71:

I’m curious.. what shot do most people find the hardest on this game. For me personally, the right ramp is my kryptonite. I can hit the left and right side of it all day long, but getting it up the ramp seems to elude me about 90% of the time.

I can hit the right ramp 90% of the time when "lite lock" is off. When it's lit my ability to hit that ramp drops to 2%.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 210.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blaine, WASHINGTON
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider reality_studio.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1?tu=reality_studio and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.