IMG_3100 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240411_225620072.MP (resized).jpg
20240410_181338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_184826850.MP.jpg
IMG_5558 (resized).jpeg
PNG image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #91 Rush song list Posted by Bill2112Rush (2 years ago)

Post #1378 RULES. Link to RUSH Rulesheet Posted by Av8 (2 years ago)

Post #1389 TECH: SWITCHES. Lockdown bar action button not working - fix Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1818 MOD: SOUND. Amp DIY upgrade for RUSH Posted by TinyBlackDog (2 years ago)

Post #2123 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter lane adjustment to stop rattling ball launch Posted by Coyohtay (2 years ago)

Post #3107 TECH: SOUND. Headphone Jack no-boot when installed workaround Posted by AUKraut (2 years ago)

Post #3632 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Scoop losing track of balls. Posted by Schwaggs (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballhaven.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9193 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I think you guys should start installing the Led Zeppelin topper on Rush, I mean why wait?

now that's funny..........surprised someone hasn't notched out rush art blades for the lights actually.

4 weeks later
#9792 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Cool Sex Swing ^^^

the best players won't be distracted but you have to test them

1 week later
#10006 1 year ago
Quoted from OutpostKodelia:

Based on your purchase date, it looks like you got our v1 protector. We offered free upgrades for those folks to the v2 protector, which fixed a breakage issue (I'm going to guess yours broke on the back right side of the lower scoop, right next to the scoop's metal arc... if so, that's exactly what v2 addresses). Anyways, that offer still stands. We'll happily upgrade you to the new version if you're interested in that. For what it's worth, we also make a version we call the "fat lip", where the lip edge extends a couple mm further out to cover up playfield damage. We could send that one if you like. PM me and let me know how you want to proceed.

That's awesome. I was about to pull my cracked one out and put in the Stern fix...........awesome that you are standing by your product! Will be in touch soon-

1 month later
#10663 1 year ago
Quoted from BRW84:

I picked up a Rush Pro yesterday and I've got a question for folks in this group that I sincerely hope doesn't cause any hard feelings. I was super excited to snag this machine based on the reviews I'd seen. I like Rush, I like the art package, I like the code, and I love the callouts and the clear passion that went into this game. What's hanging me up, unfortunately, is the gameplay. I've got my machine at a dead-on 6.5 degree pitch and perfectly level, but it feels like every shot in the game is just too tight. I'm bricking balls all over creation to the point that I'm one day in and already thinking about a trade or sale, and I've never had that experience before (I've owned 22 machines, currently own 12). In particular, the right ramp and the shot through the pop garden feel like they're at least an eighth of inch too tight. I like both flow games and stop-and-go games, and I also like difficult games, but I'm having more difficulty getting dialed into this one than any game I've ever owned, and that includes a Flash Gordon. I'm not trying to rag on Rush -- I desperately want to love it -- but I'm walking away in frustration every game. Did anyone else have this experience and then come around? If so, what was your strategy (beyond "git gud")? I'm a firm believer that it takes at least a hundred games to render a verdict, but I'm closing in on 40 or 50 and I'm just struggling.

I think 7 degrees shoots better personally. Also make sure your pops lane is clear, some have seen the pop by the scoop with interference below the pf cause the pop metal ring to block shots there. Was yours NIB or used?

#10678 1 year ago

I use PinGuy app on my Iphone 8, it works just fine once properly calibrated. Have had to re-calibrate after a couple updates but rock solid generally speaking.

I echo the sentiment of "don't give up on this one easily"..........it's a really fun game once you get the flow and feel of it and have a couple big games / multiballs.

2 weeks later
#10934 1 year ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Is anyone getting multi billion scores on a pro or is that mostly just on premium models? Curious if I just absolutely suck on my pro, or if the premium is much easier.

Pro doesn't score as well, I completely agree. I think it's mainly because of the dead end shot on the pro but hard to say for sure.

#10998 1 year ago
Quoted from CloverleafKid:

I agree with this. Probably a lot! I'm certainly not one of the "better" players or at least not since I had decades with little to no practice.
I HAVE A QUESTION: Who here prefers to keep a pile of quarters handy and play the game arcade style rather than setting it to "Free Play"? Honestly I haven't gone searching the forum to see if this question has already been discussed or polled. If there's another thread I'll gladly move my thoughts there.
IMHO I say "Just say NO to Free Play". If I can afford to spend thousands on a game then I can afford to keep a roll or two of quarters circulating through the machines. Once I finally get more games I'm going to get some custom made tokens.
I'm a NEW home user, closer to age 60 than the 10-25yo I was when I was around arcade pinballs and video games all the time for one reason or another. I always needed quarters. Quarters or tokens. I was probably hanging by the jukebox with a "radio edit" single version of Working Man playing.
When I started playing Rush Premium this year, the first game I ever bought, I had it on free play. I've enjoyed, but I hate not getting rewarded with a free game when I deserved it with the loud POP. Or hearing the POP upon matching and hearing Alex telling me I have to play again. Like, "Come on, honey, Geddy's telling me to play again, I can't disappoint him."
Anyways, that's my story.
Are you on the side of Free Play or coin op?

As an operator, used game seller and a home player, I can tell you that people do put a value on not having any paid credits on a game and will categorically avoid purchasing used games with paid credits regardless of condition.

#11017 1 year ago

Is there a bug in the pro 1.02 code with the right orbit locking the spinner record color and the spinner locking the orbit? I don’t think that was like that before, can anyone confirm?

EDIT: not a bug, game assembly error with light boards cross-wired.

#11050 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:

Possibly thinking of joining this club. Any of you fine members have this game on location, or even at home how does it do with casuals and non pin people?
I want to personally play this game badly, but it would be for location and I'm just not sure on the theme. I've compared it against LZ too, as due to covid both weren't on the radar due to shutdowns. LZ has a more broad theme appeal I believe, but the implementation of the theme seems to be better on rush.
Raymond and crew have done great work with the rules and that's a plus, but to casuals it doesn't mean much unless they are quick to pick up on.
I know very little about rush the band. I was a huge Zeppelin fan, but Zep would have to be a premium and the rush pro is perfectly adequate.
Thoughts?

The pro doesn’t hold up against the popular modern sterns in my two locations where I’ve rotated it through, but probably would be great in a one or two pin bar with an older game next to it with tight outlanes set and a generous scoop kick out ball save. It’s not going to grow on the casual players you mention it’s just too complex and punishing of a layout. Definitely a players game, the walking dead targets reference by Rayday really drives that point home on so many levels.

#11056 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:

Really? I thought the consensus was the pro was pretty close on this one. On Borg games I’ve not been let down yet with a pro. Need to play a premium now.

premium is a way better shooter and more fun to play, scores higher and a lot less bad bounces out of the not-dead-end upper left shot that always feeds the flipper.

#11058 1 year ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

A lot of people have fun on the Pro, but if you’re seriously considering getting one for your home environment(which you should ), step up to a Premium.
Sure, it’s little nuances between the Pro/Prem in mechanical aspects, but it adds more joy to the layout and feel when playing. It gets you the LE playfield without the LE price tag, with the exception of no expression lights, unless you install the Led Zeppelin ones instead.

now that LZ has had it's swansong I suspect we will see the expression light kits for Rush start being sold, it would make sense for them to hold off on those for their LZ premium builds from a parts standpoint.

#11089 1 year ago
Quoted from pete_d:

the instruments lane I find harder. The Pro just has a target there, while on the Premium you have to thread the needle and get the ball into the lane behind the drops.

Actually I think the pro is a harder shot, you have to hit the target (thread the needle) to hit the target behind the drops in all cases, where in the premium you sometimes have the captive/trapped ball there which is an easier shot.

#11100 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Yeh, it’s a great shot on PreLe also. So only difference is the ball capture forks. Then to hold up the shot value you have to keep hitting that target on the Pro?

The lane is shorter on the pro and there’s a target that triggers code just like the shot on the premium, the premium has an opto and the up post for the occasional captive ball.

1 week later
#11425 1 year ago

Well…….that sucks

9239A402-2699-495A-81D1-D00EFB9E3CAD (resized).jpeg9239A402-2699-495A-81D1-D00EFB9E3CAD (resized).jpegA6AD9B02-9DA3-4C26-8E3E-C1BC682AB268 (resized).jpegA6AD9B02-9DA3-4C26-8E3E-C1BC682AB268 (resized).jpeg
#11442 1 year ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

That does suck! I’ll send you a replacement.

Thank you! Appreciate the quick response.

3 weeks later
#11851 1 year ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

Believe it or not Rush has the same symbols in the middle of the playfield that match the LZ expression lights/art work. Picking my LZ kit up tomorrow, tired of waiting!!!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Sorry, they’re not the same symbols. Zeppelin symbols represent each band member and are based upon original art on the fourth album. Rush used existing alchemy symbols on the clockwork angels album cover.

#11859 1 year ago
Quoted from aaron6920:

I installed the Gameroom mods listed above. Excellent and simple fix. Knock on wood I have not had an inner loop not register after installing. Great fix.

+1 for Gameroom mods, ordered with the dice lights and Time Machine lights, installed under the upper plastic on my pro, works 100% and never any weird stalls or ball travel issues.

And he replaced a dice light that broke off very quickly, stand up guy!!

#11948 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Appreciate the info concerning Spooky machines. Never had one. I will start researching their reputation a bit deeper.

R&M seems to be a bit better than most of their others as far as build quality and issues go. For home use if you like to fix stuff and love a particular theme spooky is fine, generally speaking. Rush pro is a great game, would take that over any spooky game in a minute.

#12053 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Works well, highly recommended.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Recommend installing under the plastics, like a protector.

3 weeks later
#12414 1 year ago
Quoted from Rexdeanrds:

Has anyone in this thread gotten the "Never turn your back on a monster" Achievement? It seems incredibly difficult to get. Probably the hardest achievement stern has posted to date (would be curious if there are others that are harder).
[quoted image]

Yes, once…….save your weapon for when you need it.

45823808-9BA7-4AC0-96E7-86234AA0B0E9 (resized).png45823808-9BA7-4AC0-96E7-86234AA0B0E9 (resized).png
#12431 1 year ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

Can anyone explain to me in 2nd grade terms what the “percentage shots add to scoring” does in the modes? Does it increase the scoring X% to that particular mode?

It increases the base value of each lit shot you hit in the mode, in the simplest terms.

watch this:

1 week later
#12587 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

This game really escalates and explodes after you get a ways into the gameplay. There are a lot of extra balls that are quite a far distance from the start button - 50 time machine years, 68 ramps, and 5 albums. But once you start getting those, they snowball through into the rest of them. Same goes for the time machine upgrades.
The best thing you can do to make that escalation happen sooner is to get the 10 time machine years for every one of the planet modes, for scoring 100 million. Before starting it, take the time to shoot more records to somewhere around +60% to +80% value, and get more records on the right color, particularly for modes that concentrate a lot of scoring on one shot (left orbit and loop for Working Man, dead end for Spirit of Radio, loop for La Villa Strangiato.)
Once you start getting the time machine upgrades that make the multiballs better, then what happens is you can complete a mode during the multiball, and keep going to shoot more records to light the next one. Particularly once you get the Super Records time machine upgrade, you can be into like +150% mode scores before you even realize it. And you have two more rainbow records placed from finishing that mode and lighting the next one, so now a bunch of shots are at 3x or 4x going into the next mode, on top of that +150%. And then suddenly you're scoring 400 million on Limelight out of nowhere.
And then Cygnus book 2 blows it up all over again - those bloated mode scores feed into the jackpot value here, that gets multiplied *again* by each of the rainbow records.

So I think what you’re saying here is play better?

#12596 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

21,120 is the default bonus if you somehow do nothing to score any bonus at all. That would at least mean hitting no bumpers (drum clock minutes score bonus) or record shots (score color-matching bonus.)

Heh. I'm saying how Rush particularly rewards playing better with a huge amount of stacking and escalating modifiers as you go, more than any other game. Other games like Godzilla also do this in the escalating numbers but not nearly as much in the powerup perks.

I think most of the new sterns known for 'deep code' do this in different ways, it's just knowing which levers to pull and focus on that brings the big scores. AIQ and GZ both are very similar in how they open up the deeper you get in the game.........if you play better!

#12607 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

The difference with Rush is how it has the most levers to pull that are something other than direct score. No other game has anything like "all game timers extended" or "+2 balls for all multiballs", which all together explode into that "what just happened here?!" feeling. AIQ is probably second in that department if you know the gem powers well. Godzilla isn't quite like that; its escalation is almost all numbers and multipliers; the powerups aren't all that impactful; the allies are temporary and the stuff like the tank or bridge multiball don't change throughout the game.

AIQ powering up avengers and pairing with gems is very similar, actually. More complex, but same concept. AIQ has the deep extra balls also. Maiden scoring in modes carries to 2M2M which can explode if done well, and has very deep advantages with soul shards being collected very similar to your "no game" comment. Godzilla definitely explodes when you blow up monster zero or planet X with all the stacking possible, and I believe there is a battle scoring attribute to the final wizard mode but I haven't been there yet personally.

I'm not trying to argue with you I love rush but it's not the only game that explodes when you get deeper into it, they all do this in their own way and that's part of the fun. Congrats on your Rush successes.........I got to 2078 on my best game so far and still haven't seen Cygnus 2 so I do appreciate the scoring well in the modes helps aspects.

#12640 1 year ago
Quoted from Slogan1111:

So the music & sound are as one volume? No way to seperate those? It's not terrible. I just want the music louder than the pinball sounds! Thx.

The pinball sounds are the main volume control, the attenuation adjust the music and speech +/- from that main control. So yes you can make the music and/or speech louder than the callouts and sound effects.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 42.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballhaven.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1?tu=pinballhaven and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.