IMG_6410 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2562 (resized).jpg
IMG_2578 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2574 (resized).jpeg
20240322_163542 (resized).jpg
20240322_163631 (resized).jpg
20240319_194137 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #91 Rush song list Posted by Bill2112Rush (2 years ago)

Post #1378 RULES. Link to RUSH Rulesheet Posted by Av8 (2 years ago)

Post #1389 TECH: SWITCHES. Lockdown bar action button not working - fix Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1818 MOD: SOUND. Amp DIY upgrade for RUSH Posted by TinyBlackDog (2 years ago)

Post #2123 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter lane adjustment to stop rattling ball launch Posted by Coyohtay (2 years ago)

Post #3107 TECH: SOUND. Headphone Jack no-boot when installed workaround Posted by AUKraut (2 years ago)

Post #3632 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Scoop losing track of balls. Posted by Schwaggs (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider p1nhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10713 1 year ago

NIB rush pro just opened (made June 23) and in the middle of a game the right half of the inserts went dim (not out, just dim).

I used the search function and saw this happened to another about 8 months prior, multiple node board failures.

What luck.

Testing the node boards in service results in zero errors. Individual LEDs tested are dim right half along with a couple in the center, mystery.

No cables/molex appear toasty. Reseated all connectors, no change.

#10724 1 year ago
Quoted from pete_d:

I am curious to hear how that works. All of the people so far who have told me they installed my fix, have seen the loop work 100%, no misses. But I believe they all also still have the mechanical switch.
I don't know that much about the magnetic switch, and so I am interested in finding out if it can register balls which are simply fast, even when they are down on the playfield where they belong. The mechanical switch has some inherent lag in it with respect to its return to its open state after the ball goes by, and so allows for more detection time even if the ball is really fast. But the magnetic switch (presumably) is closed for a shorter period of time when the ball passes. It's still mechanical inside -- the reed has to move -- but there's so much less mass involved, it probably responds more precisely to the ball, and so could reopen sooner on faster balls.
Anyway, that's a long way of saying that with my fix installed correctly, you can be sure the ball is down on the playfield, so that's an interesting experiment to see if the speed of the ball also plays a part in detection, when it comes to the magnetic switch.
I'm hoping it doesn't, because I think from a long-term reliability point of view, as well as eliminating those rare moments when a slow, back-rolling ball gets hung up on the mechanical switch, are reasons to also prefer the magnetic switch. I look forward to hearing how it goes!

MRS work perfectly - in fact, a couple of pins I replaced all switches with MRS.

MM creations (I think that's the name of the company on here) are great.

#10764 1 year ago
Quoted from nerdkiller:

Had some free time so I decided to try my hand at modeling a scoop protector for my Rush. Printed it out in TPU and it seems to be working so far. Had a bunch of help on an issue with my TMNT pin the other day so I figured I should give back to the community. So here is the STL, print and use at your own risk and please don't sell the STL. I'm no modeling expert so if anyone want to try and improve the design feel free.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5649010

Is this in addition to Stern's stock "cliffy"?

#10789 1 year ago

Knocker and shaker installed - the shaker is a treat in this game.

A thing I love about the code: playing far cry (or another song associated with a mode or multiball) then starting multiball (or the associated mode) does not start the song over... it is seamless. Even picking up a second far cry multiball resumes where the song last ended (as opposed to how the mix is coded in imdn).

Looking forward to the bobble head topper (actuator to bop their collective heads to the beat). Maybe flanked with a tumbling front load dryer and rotisserie or vending machine.

1 week later
#10929 1 year ago

Officially part of the billionaire club

IMG_20221203_230153.jpgIMG_20221203_230153.jpg

Screenshot_2022-12-03-23-06-58-20_3aea4af51f236e4932235fdada7d1643.jpgScreenshot_2022-12-03-23-06-58-20_3aea4af51f236e4932235fdada7d1643.jpg
#10936 1 year ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Is anyone getting multi billion scores on a pro or is that mostly just on premium models? Curious if I just absolutely suck on my pro, or if the premium is much easier.

Got my (2.3) billions on a pro

#10952 1 year ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I have a suggest instead of the billionaire's club

Every game I score under a billion I will have to toast to rebillionizing lol

#10992 1 year ago
Quoted from CloverleafKid:

I agree with this. Probably a lot! I'm certainly not one of the "better" players or at least not since I had decades with little to no practice.
I HAVE A QUESTION: Who here prefers to keep a pile of quarters handy and play the game arcade style rather than setting it to "Free Play"? Honestly I haven't gone searching the forum to see if this question has already been discussed or polled. If there's another thread I'll gladly move my thoughts there.
IMHO I say "Just say NO to Free Play". If I can afford to spend thousands on a game then I can afford to keep a roll or two of quarters circulating through the machines. Once I finally get more games I'm going to get some custom made tokens.
I'm a NEW home user, closer to age 60 than the 10-25yo I was when I was around arcade pinballs and video games all the time for one reason or another. I always needed quarters. Quarters or tokens. I was probably hanging by the jukebox with a "radio edit" single version of Working Man playing.
When I started playing Rush Premium this year, the first game I ever bought, I had it on free play. I've enjoyed, but I hate not getting rewarded with a free game when I deserved it with the loud POP. Or hearing the POP upon matching and hearing Alex telling me I have to play again. Like, "Come on, honey, Geddy's telling me to play again, I can't disappoint him."
Anyways, that's my story.
Are you on the side of Free Play or coin op?

I did this for iron maiden - it worked as a piggy bank for about 1000 plays or something. Everything is on Freeplay now. Not that I sell machines but that's a toughy to explain, coins through the slot.

I can see the heavily routed ETPM or scared stiff with a poor Bondo job and sloppy redecal "home use only, 20000 plays because it was a piggy bank" - which isn't all lie, right?

It forced me to get cash, spend cash and spread it around to get change, so I could then play... or stop in, buy a pack of gum and get a roll of quarters... all in the name of nostalgia and recapturing my wayward youth skipping school and playing pinball at the mall. Never drugs though, for some reason I just said no to them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

6,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersburg, IN
$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 35.00
$ 275.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
WilliPinball Mods

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 210.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider p1nhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1?tu=p1nhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.