IMG_6410 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2562 (resized).jpg
IMG_2578 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2574 (resized).jpeg
20240322_163542 (resized).jpg
20240322_163631 (resized).jpg
20240319_194137 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #91 Rush song list Posted by Bill2112Rush (2 years ago)

Post #1378 RULES. Link to RUSH Rulesheet Posted by Av8 (2 years ago)

Post #1389 TECH: SWITCHES. Lockdown bar action button not working - fix Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1818 MOD: SOUND. Amp DIY upgrade for RUSH Posted by TinyBlackDog (2 years ago)

Post #2123 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter lane adjustment to stop rattling ball launch Posted by Coyohtay (2 years ago)

Post #3107 TECH: SOUND. Headphone Jack no-boot when installed workaround Posted by AUKraut (2 years ago)

Post #3632 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Scoop losing track of balls. Posted by Schwaggs (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider outpostkodelia.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4173 2 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Mine just shipped so hope to install it soon, do you recommend using an acrylic washer under the posts to prevent bunching or you think that's not necessary? Just asking as someone else mentioned they did that.

Hey, Outpost Kodelia here. We're the other half of the team that co-developed the TPU scoop protector for Rush along with NinjaCamp. I think the acrylic washer is a great idea and certainly wouldn't hurt, but we've had good results just making sure the post is held steady as the nut is tightened by using socket wrenches on both sides of the playfield at the same time. The one on top should be a deep socket right over the top of the post and you can use that to hold it steady, or even spin it backwards a bit if your protector starts to bunch up on one side or the other.

We're all so happy to hear the positive responses from the folks that have started installing them. Just to throw our own testimony into the ring, we have a Rush LE here and we have had one of these installed on it from practically day one - as fast as we could design the part! - and both the playfield around the scoop and the protector still look brand new and there's no detectable impact on the shots. We're continuing to crank them out and we should be all caught up on the initial deluge of orders we received very soon so everyone that wants to can share in our peace of mind!

Just an FYI on the VUK protector, we have a design that we've developed and installed in our LE that is very promising and seems to be working well, but is somewhat difficult to install. We're trying to work out a different variation that's much easier to install but we're just not sure where we're going to land on this yet. Development and testing on this (and a few other ideas as well!) continues, so stay tuned!

#4390 2 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

[quoted image][quoted image]

NGL, this made my day!

#4392 2 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

Looks like I have some work ahead of me this weekend. Has anyone installed the protector and kept the forks?
[quoted image]

We set ours aside, but there's no reason you couldn't keep the forks over the top of the protector. Just that much more secure. But if you want the ultimate in low profile, leave them out.

#4474 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

OutpostKodelia actually modeled some of these up in TPU. They seem to work amazing! I wasn’t really thinking about getting into that business, but if a lot of people are having issues maybe we should toss them out there. We might be able to just mail them in an envelope and keep the price down.

As Aniraf mentioned, we've been testing our replacement for this for a few days now. We have to print it in a softer TPU than we're using for the scoop protector and other in-the-works bits and bobs, that stuff was just too rigid here, almost like a semi-hard plastic when printed in that density. But printed with the 85A hardness TPU they feel just about right and have about the right play. They're still a little more firm than the factory blue rubber, but that's probably a very good thing since those blue ones (ours included) only seem to hold up to a few weeks of play. More to come soon... Seriously, though, we're working up several really good things, including a proper (and nearly invisible) fix for the inner loop shot detection problem (testing so far is going amazingly well), a really good VUK protector that also nearly eliminates rejected shots, and a couple other items. For now, our production is still focused on getting these critical scoop protectors out to folks, but we're super excited to get the rest of our ideas out, too.

Meantime, if you're looking to replace those blue ramp guards, someone was asking about the process to do so... To replace those, the ramp has to come completely out. You have to remove the three screws holding the ramp mech onto the main plate under the playfield (they all have rubber gaskets under them). Then the whole ramp drops out in one piece along with the stepper motor (be careful with the optos on the way out). From there you can unplug the six or so wires connected to it, then take the whole thing to a table where you can remove the front two and one middle screw on each side. Then you just rotate the outer metal plate up a bit and gently flex it out to remove/reinstall the rubber parts. Good luck!

rampmod (resized).jpgrampmod (resized).jpgrampmod2 (resized).jpgrampmod2 (resized).jpg
#4479 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Or you could put that thing down, flip it and reverse it and print a mold instead to make a reusable form for something like Enduro Flex casting. It's pretty durable, so I *think* it might hold up better than the blue rubber and is an option if these TPU bumpers don't work out. Once you had molds made, you could crank a bunch of these out in parallel with no printing required.

I don't disagree... I want to start experimenting with this at some point, for sure. I actually have all the stuff on hand to do some experimenting with silicone mold casting, it's just been on the back burner for a while. Circumstances may dictate a change to that priority though.

#4583 2 years ago

Okay, we're finally catching our breath over here, so it's finally time to share what else we've been working on. Check it all out over on the NinjaCamp-Mods thread and let us know what you think!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ninjacamp-mods/page/2#post-6866174

#4610 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

anyone suggest a Ninja protector color suited best for an LE that has not been unboxed yet? cheers

Personally, I'm a fan of the black. I like the way it blends into the outline on the art. And it still has some sparkly shine to it so it catches the light. But others are loving the gray/silver look. It's all personal taste!

#4688 2 years ago
Quoted from Rushlarz2112:

Just got the new ninja scoop in the mail. Was really surprised what it was made out of. Was thinking it was a chrome painted black piece.

Sorry to hear you were caught off guard. The listing specifically refers to TPU (thermoplastic polyurethane) and the videos in the listing show its rubbery nature. That said, we think you'll still be quite pleased with it! Enjoy!

#4725 2 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

I thought so too and had an extra coil, exact one, replaced it, but still weak?

Did you try a different coil sleeve when you swapped the coil? They often deform before the coil itself does and in my experience they account for 90% of weak mechs/flippers. If the plunger motion through the coil is anything short of buttery smooth, you're going to get weak action.

#4910 2 years ago
Quoted from DrDQ:

Aniraf ; any idea when the other Ninja mods are going to ready?

2da7f8e1abe287029046b9e89a1c82d2 (resized).png2da7f8e1abe287029046b9e89a1c82d2 (resized).png
#4947 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Local place has heavy damage on their pro...

If you have the operator for that local Rush reach out to us, we have created a variant on the pro scoop protector we call the "fat lip" that has about 5mm more lip coverage all the way around to help hide and halt existing damage. We made it up special for someone that requested it, but I don't see why we can't make it available to anyone that needs it. They can ask for it in the order comments or by direct messaging. We may ultimately add a listing for it directly, but for now this is how they can get it.

#5036 2 years ago

Thank you so much for the ongoing support for our NinjaCamp scoop protectors. We're happy to announce that we have four new items added to our shop: VUK protector, scoop sleeves, ramp guards, and the inner loop fix. Check 'em out!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1326-ninjacamp-mods

#5181 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

I just hope mine isn't lost in the mail.

It isn't! It's just taking its sweet time to get there... PM sent.

#5218 2 years ago

IMHO, this is the best way to replace the ramp bumpers. This is how we're recommending people who upgrade to our bumpers go about it. It's a little extra work, but it makes everything easier and you can do it on a table instead of leaning over a pinball cab.

http://mjf.me/Pinball/Rush_TPU_Ramp_Guard_Installation.pdf

#5220 2 years ago
Quoted from jpc211245:

Done. It was very easy to pop out the ramp and do it outside the pin. Super simple process. Thanks![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Happy to be of service!

#5254 2 years ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

Already some chipping in this lane. I'm assuming I just throw down some mylar ?[quoted image]

We're working with NinjaCamp to release our own solution for this very soon. We're just down to fine tuning. No doubt about it though, some people are gonna love it, some are gonna hate it. But if you're interested, keep an eye the NinjaCamp thread.

#5294 2 years ago

Outpost Kodelia, in ongoing partnership with NinjaCamp, has just announced our latest mod for Rush, and this time it's less about protection or correction and more about cosmetics and extending playability. Currently assessing interest, then we'll open preorders. Check it out: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ninjacamp-mods/page/4#post-6889765

IMG_1280 (resized).jpgIMG_1280 (resized).jpg
#5448 1 year ago

In case you missed it on our thread, the first batch of our "Exit... Stage Left" loop light replicator mod is now available for preorder on our store! There are 13 left in our first discounted preorder run, but we'll be making more after that.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1326-ninjacamp-mods/06755-rush-exit-stage-left-loop-light-replicator

(Note: we got the 2 and 3 backwards in the render, but it'll be correct in the mod, as you can see in the prototype photo.)

Ad listing 1 (resized).pngAd listing 1 (resized).pngIMG_1261 (resized).jpgIMG_1261 (resized).jpg

#5449 1 year ago

In case you missed it on our thread, the first batch of our "Exit... Stage Left" loop light replicator mod is now available for preorder on our store! There are 13 left in our first discounted preorder run, but we'll be making more after that.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1326-ninjacamp-mods/06755-rush-exit-stage-left-loop-light-replicator

(Note: we got the 2 and 3 backwards in the render, but it'll be correct in the mod, as you can see in the prototype photo.)

Ad listing 1 (resized).pngAd listing 1 (resized).pngIMG_1261 (resized).jpgIMG_1261 (resized).jpg
#5454 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Did you go with "Exit...Stage Left" or "Inner Loop"? The render says one thing, the install says another. Did you put up a picture of the actual item? It's hard to see any detail in the proto-pic.

The prototype said "Inner Loop" temporarily until we could figure out a better label. Some kind folks on this forum chipped in the idea for the final label. There are a few more pictures of the item in the shop listing, but it's all the prototype. I'll be making up housings for the final version very soon and I can post an updated photo then, but I won't have the updated PCBs to go with it and show it powered up for another week or two.

2 weeks later
#6050 1 year ago
Quoted from Wizrdofwor:

My Ninja scoop protector broke. It must have been flexing every time the scoop activated and it came apart right next to the where the scoop goes down below the table - on the right side of the down scoop.

This has happened on a few machines. Though we're not 100% sure why this happens on a few while it works fine on the rest, we adjusted the design to address this... this is what the newer version was designed to prevent. We apologize for the inconvenience, but we're happy to replace yours with the new version at no cost. PM sent!

If anyone else has this issue, please message us and we'll take care of you as well. Because this has happened so rarely, we're not actively replacing working protectors, but if yours fails, we'll make it right.

#6057 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I'd really recommend you put a clear washer under the posts, no issues with mine as of yet. That was the only area I could see when installing that was a concern to me.

We're now including washers with the new version.

#6145 1 year ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

I'll admit I haven't played on a machine that has the scoop blinders on, but I am seeing no downside to the Ninjacamp protector. It plays great and looks like it will do the job of protecting things.
A word of advice though if someone gets a machine that has Stern's v3 blinder fix and they want to go to something without it, you'll need either some extra washers or proper sized spacers to replace the gap left by not having the bolts pass through the blinder plate. IIRC Stern included shorter spacers in the kit of the v3 scoop protector. Aniraf, OutpostKodelia... maybe a thing you should start offering with the Ninjacamp scoop protector if owners are moving from v3 to your mod? Or are you doing this already and I haven't noticed?

For a while now we've been including extra spacers with every order. That way if someone loses one or if they're moving from the blinders to our protector they're already covered. We started doing that the moment we learned that the blinders subtracted a spacer.

#6149 1 year ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

My order didn't include spacers or washers.

Unfortunately, your order was processed before we made the change. If you need spacers, we can mail you a set (send PM) or, if you have access to a 3D printer, you can download and print them yourself:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5332649
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5384702

1 week later
#6389 1 year ago
Quoted from starbase:

Any news or solid fix yet on the inner loop not registering high speed shots? Was hoping by now Stern and or John Borg would address this issue like they did with the scoops. Have not heard the Ninja fix being 100 percent and not sure if there were any new,news?

We put out an updated Ninja fix a little while back. So far the results have been very good from folks who have installed it, though the feedback is admittedly light so far. But what we have heard has been very positive. Haven't heard anything official from Stern, though.

#6403 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Sooo...bend over NinjaCamp, you're about to get the Cliff rip by Stern?
"What Cliffy does is very similar to what we do." - Gomez
Hmm, that's backwards. Cliff did it WAY before Stern. Stern just ripped him off.

Yeah, I mean, obviously I'm invested here, so I realize my bias, but it felt really dismissive hearing him talk about our (and Cliffy's) work like that, as we attempted to step in to fill a need they were failing to fill. Ugh, and their clear intent to lift it - er, "learn from it" - if it passes their tests... would those be the same tests that passed the initial protector, if so, bring it on! Oh well... I'm going to keep doing what I do and it's up to you, the public, to decide what brings you the most value.

Oh also, that shot is totally backhandable without the blinders. Just sayin'...

1 week later
#6621 1 year ago
Quoted from hank527:

How are people mounting this one as I don’t love the cable in the pic.
[quoted image]

That is the standard way we intended it to be run. When you're playing the game it's hardly noticeable, we felt. But it's long enough you can optionally run it around behind the VUK wireform and under the back of the plastic. We didn't like this approach because it could potentially interfere with the loop path, but if you secure it right, it should work fine that way too.

Quoted from Ten31:

I think that's the way people are doing it. I'm not sure why they needed 22 gauge wire for the LEDS. It doesn't look like Stern uses those to run LEDs. It makes for one fat cable.

I've used 26ga wire for this kind of thing before and I found that crimping it for headers led to a fairly high failure rate at the crimp. 22ga was more reliable, especially considering the bend you have to do to get it to go through the playfield opening and plastics successfully.

#6625 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Not recently. The only things I have tapping into existing circuits are my subwoofer (attached since day one), and my lit red barchetta (added weeks ago, which just runs off a Comet matrix bulb). I did get the ESL mod but haven't had a chance to install that yet. So, I'm extremely skeptical of either of those items being related. I hear ya, you never know. They're easy enough to unplug and test the game function then, so I certainly can try at my next opportunity.

For what it's worth, the ESL only draws from 0-160mA (depending on which lights are on at any point in time, probably an average of around 30-50mA at any given moment) from the 5V on the light system, which is pretty trivial. If that was causing crashing, then the power system would be incredibly frail or overtaxed right out of the box. I would speculate that it's pretty unlikely that any small light-based mod would be causing any crashing issues.

#6675 1 year ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

Questions: I’ll be installing my NC scoop protector and VUK protector tonight, I can’t remember if anyone posted vids of install, or if there’s a post that broke it down. Anyone happen to know off the top of their head? I searched this thread and others, but didn’t seem to find anything.
Scoop looks pretty straight forward, wasn’t sure about the VUK.
Just trying to prepare before getting into it tonight. Thanks everyone.

If you've gone through the instructions linked just above, and you still have any questions, don't hesitate to PM me.

2 weeks later
#7156 1 year ago

Hey everyone, here at Outpost Kodelia we may have nailed a fix for the bad short plunges for skill shots (where it rattles around at the upper flipper and rolls back). The best news is that many of you may already have the fix... Check out our detailed post here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ninjacamp-mods/page/10#post-6978209

#7198 1 year ago

Introducing our latest innovation, something completely new to the pinball industry... The Spinner Shield! Currently available only for Rush (the Rush spinner is slightly wider than most), but common sizes for other games coming soon, in addition to other colors!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1326-ninjacamp-mods/06979-rush-spinner-shield

IMG_1645 (resized).jpgIMG_1645 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#7449 1 year ago
Quoted from konjurer:

Has anyone removed the Stern scoop protector fix in order to install a NinjaCamp protector? Was it difficult to remove?
I had purchased a NinjaCamp protector before I received my Rush Pro. Trying to determine if it's worth the time and how much effort it would take to remove the black bumpers and put in the NinjaCamp.

Removing the Stern v3 protector prior to installing our Ninja Camp scoop protectors is no more difficult than installing the scoop protectors if the Stern v3 wasn't there. The process is virtually identical. That said, if you're handy with your tools and know your way around a playfield, installation should take around 30m. I can do it in about 15m now that I've done it so many times that it's practically muscle memory. But for some folks, it can take an hour or more.

1 week later
#7756 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Felt under the weather this afternoon so self-quarantined and finally caught up on a bunch of mods I'd wanted to install, including NinjaCamps golden ticket package, their ESL mod...

Thank you so much for being willing to try this out! I suspect we may have a round of revisions to work through... I've responded to your PM about that. But it is our hope to be able to offer this, or something very similar, as an official option because we totally agree that antique gold is just... *chef's kiss*... perfect!

1 week later
#8030 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

I have to say, how cool is the ESL mod? ... I'd love a behind-the-scenes story of how it was designed and how it works. It's just so cool, and a real next-level sort of mod. Thanks NinjaCamp.

Thank you so much for the great feedback! As to the story, well...

oliviarium had the brainstorm that spawned the idea based purely on her frustration with not being able to find the 7th shot for La Villa Strangiato. Once she realized where the shot was, she told me she had an idea for a mod that would replicate the lights up to where you could see what's going on. I took it from there.

I analyzed the light boards under those shot lights and confirmed that they were straightforward RGB lights (already deserialized by a larger board in the middle of the playfield). That meant I could intercept those signals and just pass them along to additional parallelly connected LEDs. Next I had to figure out where it could mount and how it would sit. From there, I designed PCBs in KiCAD for both the interconnect board and the new display PCB, ensuring I used parts that were in stock at JCLPCB, since they're the manufacturer we're accustomed to using. Oliviarium (our JCLPCB ordering expert) ordered a minimum order size of five PCBs for test purposes.

With the electrical bits resolved, I dug into designing the plastic parts. The whole mod was designed in Fusion 360. I had a gold metallic filament I already knew was perfect, but I dug around and found a sweet metallic dark purple for the body. The whole thing was printed, mated with the freshly arrived PCBs, wired up, and tested. And it worked! There were a few fitment issues I had to work out, which led to several design changes to both the plastic parts and the PCBs. This is where my favorite part happened...

Initially, I had named the part the "Inner Loop Status" and that's what it said on the body. What can I say... I'm a good designer, but not the most creative name-maker-upper. So we put it to the public in our NinjaCamp thread on the forum... what do we call this thing??? "Exit... Stage Left" was born, the name of one of their live albums, and conveniently descriptive of what the lights represented.

Smitten with the new name, that change and other updates based on our trial with the prototype were made to both the plastic parts and PCBs. We put in a full order of PCBs and started pumping out plastic parts on all three of our printers. We took over the kitchen table and turned it into a wire harness manufacturing hub and started cranking those out as well (by far the most time consuming part of the whole thing). A couple weeks later, ESLs started shipping out, and we started chipping away at our 50 order backlog. Then we did our second 50 presale and repeated the whole process. Now we're just making them slightly ahead of demand.

And that's the story of how the ESL was made! Thank you again to to all who have purchased it, installed it, and shared it. It has really made us happy to be able to provide a mod that isn't just cosmetic, but makes a functional difference in playability for 90% of the population.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8034 1 year ago
Quoted from oliviarium:

If it breaks or stops working after a couple of months we'll fix it

100%. But that said, we put one in at a local barcade that gets well over 500 plays a week. It's been there for a month and it still looks and works great.

#8087 1 year ago
Quoted from H3XAG0N:

Time to summon the experts! OutpostKodelia

VERY nice diagram. I was having a hard time telling from the slow-mo exactly what motion was sending the ball backwards through the gate. If it's what you're diagram indicates, I can immediately see three possible approaches to addressing this. The trick is going to be not interfering with the ball as it follows other natural paths through this area, which is pushing me towards one particular solution (which would also be the easiest to install... as in slip on). <rolls up sleeves, spits in palm, rubs hands together> Hold my beer... Give me a day or two to prototype and test this out, then I'll report back!

#8093 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Looking forward to your solution Mark

That's Aniraf. This is Kaydee.

#8122 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnnyTucson:

Interesting find this afternoon under the Time Machine ramp as I replace a few of the side screws that went AWOL and replace the blue rubber bumpers with NinjaCamp black bumpers - the bundled wires connected to the long range opto emitter/receiver assemblies is chafing where it's rubbing against the white plastic guides. Already through the wrapping to where you can see the yellow wire coating. This is after 469 plays and looks to be a point of future failure - any thoughts on how to best add protection here without too much ramp up/down friction addition?
[quoted image]

I just had to repair a failure in the ramp opto receiver wires on a location game with probably a couple thousand games on it. Definitely a point of failure for Prem/LE games with the ramp going up and down. I expect we'll see more of this as time passes. Perhaps you could preemptively give it a few wraps of electrical tape so it takes the wear instead of the wire. But in the one I fixed, the jacketing seemed fine, the broken wire was inside the jacket, so it seems to have broken internally from flexing, not from abrasion.

#8152 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

While speaking of NinjaCamp mods, are people really putting rubber covers on the scoop blades? The scoops on Rush sound like any other scoop to me, be it Elvira's HoH or a Whirlwind. A nice clang and thunk when you make the shot.
Does this noise bother some people? Not to be mean or anything, but I've never heard of such a thing until these Rush scoop covers came out.

We created these because the right side of the front scoop wasn't protected from ball impacts. Ball impacts against the smooth front aren't an issue, but against the angled edge... there was concern that this would aggressively damage the ball, and thus the rest of the game. So we developed these as a solution. The upper scoop probably doesn't strictly need it, but covering both creates a more consistent look and feel. We used to offer the front only or the whole set, but the front only was almost never purchased so we just sell it as a set now to simplify things.

Also, these were introduced before the blinders from Stern existed (they cover the side of the scoop, so you wouldn't really need these if you have the blinders on). So for those who don't use the blinders, we continue to offer the scoop sleeves. Also we offer them in various colors, so it opens the door to cosmetic customization for those that prefer to do so.

#8219 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I can't imagine there would be any technical issue.

I've looked at that architecture pretty closely... I'd bet good money they're functionally identical. And looking at the pics of the LZ kit, it looks identical to what's in Rush (except for the very different artwork), though if the pic is accurate, it doesn't include the ferrite chokes for the light wires, nor the node to node cables, but that may have just been left out of the marketing pic to make it look cleaner.

#8221 1 year ago
Quoted from schudel5:

I'm sure the expression lights themselves are the same. But there's some connector differences between the node 2 boards used in LZ and Rush. Not sure about the distribution board between the node board and expression lights but I think there's a difference there too.

The expression light part numbers and Node2 part numbers are identical in the two manuals, so that would surprise me. Still, I suppose it's possible, but I can't imagine why.

#8223 1 year ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Node 2 in LZ manual shows 520-8511-00. The Node 2 I have for Rush is 520-6976-72A. The LZ node 2 has 3 connectors while the Rush only has 2. But honestly they may be interchangeable if you change node 2, distribution board and the interconnection cables. There's only 48V and gnd from Node 0 and the data cable going to node 2.

Interesting, then maybe the manual for Rush is wrong because it also says 520-8511-00. While I've looked at the physical part from Rush quite closely, I never bothered to check the part number while I had it out. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out...

#8224 1 year ago

@h3xag0n, aamauzy I wanted to circle back on the spinner shot issue you two were digging into. I think I have a fix for it. It's a simple snap in part. It slightly extends and rounds down the metal guide arc just after the spinner gate, sending the ball in a more downward direction so it doesn't rattle back out. The ball can still get a little crazy and rattle around, but it now does it further down the exit lane, where it doesn't make it back out of the spinner gate, and properly returns at the upper right flipper.

If you're interested, send me your shipping info in a PM and we'll send a prototype out to both of you for testing purposes. We wanted to thank you two in particular for digging into this deeply enough that we could see what we needed to to do fix it, so we're going to totally comp this for you if you want to be our beta testers!

You can see the part in the attached pics. It's in black to make it more visible, but the part we send out will be in clear to minimize visibility. I'm also including a couple renders to better show what it does (one shows how it alters the curve, the other shows how it uses the rail behind the ball guide to snap in and hold it in place). We also tested to make sure it has zero impact on the loop shots coming around behind it. This seems to be working well for us but we admittedly have very little play/test time on it so far... Still not a single bounce back in our testing, and we can definitely see how it alters the trajectory down, so... fingers crossed!

IMG_1716 (resized).jpgIMG_1716 (resized).jpgIMG_1717 (resized).jpgIMG_1717 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2022-07-21 112943 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2022-07-21 112943 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2022-07-21 113133 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2022-07-21 113133 (resized).jpg
#8238 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

How does NC ship? I placed and order but got no tracking number even when I asked??

We ship USPS first class parcel mail. It can take up to 5 days in the US, but usually takes less. I'll PM you your tracking info right now.

#8239 1 year ago
Quoted from sepins:

PM'd Ninja a while ago waiting for response on timeframe.

Responded to your PM a little while back, should be in your inbox.

#8277 1 year ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

OK just joined this elite club on Thursday with an almost new Premium. It was on the floor at SFGE and has a March 22 build date. I traded my AIQ premium for it and even though I had a lot of money sunk in AIQ, I don't regret that trade one bit! I've got all the essential mods on the way, except I haven't ordered replacement rings from Titan yet to get rid of the nasty Stern black rubber.
I can't seem to make up my mind what color to go with. I could see purple, blue, light blue, or even translucent. My wife seems to think grey or red would look good but I don't have a positive reaction to that idea. Any suggestions? Looks like swapping some of these is going to be an ordeal so I hope I can get it right the first time!

We went with purple, really happy with the result. I've seen light blue done as well. It's not bad, but we liked the purple better.

IMG_1731 (resized).jpgIMG_1731 (resized).jpg
#8361 1 year ago
Quoted from H3XAG0N:

Youtube got it done fast, here's the vids!
First, a slow-mo shot to the lane:
You can see the mod guides the ball almost straight down instead! Before it would shoot at an almost 90 degree angle to the right.
Here's another vid, complete with inner loop shots to show the mod doesn't interfere with those:
Thank you NinjaCamp/ OutpostKodelia Seems to work great so far! I'll play more games and report back in a few days on if I get any rejects.

So glad to hear it! Keep us informed on how the rest of the testing goes!

#8479 1 year ago

Outpost Kodelia and NinjaCamp have just released the preview for our next big product, check it out!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ninjacamp-mods/page/12#post-7054754

#8511 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

You cannot believe how good pinwoofer and an external sub sounds on this game. Cleans it up soooooo much

Agreed... recently installed ours and I was blown away. Not cheap, but well worth it.

#8533 1 year ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

So, regarding the question of using LZ expression lighting (EL) in Rush machines... might not be as compatible as I thought. Found out from the NinjaCamp thread that Pro/Premium don't have the node board (#2) needed for the EL install, apparently that is part of the kit. While from the serial splitter board to the EL LED strips looks identical between the two, the node board is certainly different. I don't know if this is just a board revision by Stern to simplify manufacturing but still have them be interchangeable, or if they are going to have distinct node boards for EL on these games that will require different software on each. My position on installing LZ ELs in a Rush has moved from "might be possible" to "probably unlikely". Anyway, some photos for comparison. First (with only 3 wires from the node board to the splitter, although I don't think this bit matters) is from a Rush LE, the second shot is from a LZ Pro that had the EL kit installed.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Honestly, the more I learn about it, the more I think it'll work fine. All I see different on the LZ kit is some extra current carrying capacity from the extra 5v and ground wires. They added a header for that and shuffled things around, maybe some other tweaks but I'd bet they're interchangeable. Honestly it struck me as odd that they didn't have more significant 5v/gnd wiring on the Rush board given the potential current draw of 96 RGB LEDs (nearly 6A). I bet they decided to improve that and maybe the voltage converter on the node 2 to make it more robust and not much else. I'll be digging into an LZ soon and testing our new light kit, which will confirm it for sure one way or another... I'll report back on what I find.

#8534 1 year ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

Sorry for the delay OutpostKodelia , but I've gotten my spinner lane fix installed and found that it is working great! Mirroring H3XAG0N's note about installation, I didn't even reference the install doc - it just made sense based on your photo and the shape of the design.
I haven't had any rejects in the handful of "natural" shots I've taken. Previously most would reject. I'm not the best shooter, so I haven't exactly been able to hammer it repeatedly but I've gotten a good 10 or so shots on it since installing early today.
Much like H3XAG0N 's excellent videos show, the ball is redirected almost straight down. I would be curious to see if trimming the outer-most protrusion of the fix would make that a smoother down-turn, but based on the geometry of the shot as a whole it almost seems like the shot was designed to make an impact that would slow the ball down just a bit.
As it stands - I'd call it a definite win and would recommend it to anyone with spinner lane woes. If there is any room for tweaking to smooth out the exit just a tad, that would be icing on the cake. Again, though, with the geometry of the ball guide that Stern used, I'm not at all certain that it's possible to smooth it out any further.

So glad to hear it! When my life goes back to normal, I'll definitely get these "on the menu"! Thanks for the feedback!

#8535 1 year ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Make sure the clamp has not fallen down the flipper shaft.
This can put things in a bind and cause these problems. Loosen the lock nut with an Allen wrench, push the assembly up towards the playfield and retighten.

Agreed, it should have that slight up and down play if it doesn't already. Likewise, the bushing could be broken if the flipper has full on wobble in it when you manipulate it by hand. Gotta say though... In my experience coil sleeve is my goto first check, though only 87 games in seems too early, but anything's possible.

#8721 1 year ago

Hey everyone! We're gearing our production engine back up here at the Outpost now that our lives are starting the long road back to normalcy. All delayed orders **should** be shipping out in the coming week. We're also officially launching our Spinner Exit Adjust mod. Thank you so much to H3XAG0N and aamauzy for being our guinea pigs and testing this for us. We now know that this part is working everywhere it's been deployed, so we're ready to make it available to everyone.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1326-ninjacamp-mods/07067-rush-spinner-exit-adjuster

Thank you for your patience on everything as we have worked through having our lives flipped upside down. It's been a trying couple of weeks here, but we're ready to get back to business!

-Kaydee

#8722 1 year ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Has anyone come up with a DIY way to correct the spinner lane shot rejects?
Im patienly waiting for NinjaCamp mod to be finalzed/released but want to try some other options today.
I was thinking about trying
magnetic tape or felt on ball guide to slow it down
move gate closer to spinner or even try it with gate removed.

Your wait is over! See above!

#8832 1 year ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I'll let you in on a little secret. it's not an unknown reason, it's because a quieter fan will cost stern more money than what they are currently using

I don't want to come off as a Stern apologist, because I'm definitely not, but they're using a standard Mean-Well RSP-500-48 power supply and that's the fan that runs loud. It's almost certainly the fan Mean-Well ships them with. If Stern was to swap out the fan, it would probably void the warranty on the power supply and I doubt they'd want to be shipping out thousands of power supplies that they can't get their supplier and/or Mean-Well to replace if they fail at a young age. Also, I have other Mean-Well power supplies with forced air cooling and they're ALL loud. I think this is really a Mean-Well problem. That said, Stern could definitely try to find a different power supply that is quieter out of the box, so they're not totally innocent here. They've consciously moved forward with this power supply despite the complaints from home users.

#8876 1 year ago

I've posted an update on our upcoming Expressive Speaker Lights Kits, including updated videos. Check it out:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ninjacamp-mods/page/13#post-7078923

IMG_1835 (resized).jpgIMG_1835 (resized).jpg
#8919 1 year ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

Weird.... Take a look at my pic. That's what it's hitting (I can even see ball marks on it).
I can't even see that piece in your pic!
[quoted image]

I wonder if you have some sort of deformity in or around the circled area that's deflecting the ball into the rail. I think you just didn't see the rail in the previous photo because of the angle and low lighting, but it's there and you can see it here. The only other thing I could think of is that the rail may be "leaning" to the right, causing it to interfere, but it doesn't look to be in your photo. That rail isn't bolted under the playfield like the metal ball guide in front of it, so the loosen-and-scoot trick won't work here. If it's bent right, you'll need to bend it to the left with physical pressure directly on the rail in the leftward direction, but that'll be a really tricky spot to work in.

But yeah, this isn't something our shooter lane fix will resolve. That part was intended to address the ball rattling in the lane as it goes past the upper flipper gap, which messes up your skill shot.

IMG_1840 (resized).jpgIMG_1840 (resized).jpg
#8925 1 year ago

Actually, it looks like the rail is extending out farther in mine pic, after it exits the shooter lane!
1) Should I "fix" this?
2) If so, what's the best method?

When you say "the rail"... which rail are you referring to? When I compare your pic to mine, things look pretty similar. Getting the slow-mo will definitely help.

#8929 1 year ago

I'm talking about the far right rail guide. You can see on yours, how it's further away from the black painted outline. Mine pretty much hugs it. So there's more room to the far right on yours, then on mine.
Hopefully that makes sense.

Ooooh, you're talking about this...

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Yeah, that's definitely different than mine... yours being pushed to the left a little more, which could in turn be pushing the ball into that rail to the left of the lane. You *could* try loosening up the nut under the rail bolt at the bottom of that image, along with the one further up from it, as well as the screws holding the black side rail and see if they can be scooted over slightly and resecured, but I'm skeptical if it'll make much difference. Still, it's something you can try... Meantime, I'll ponder what else might help.

#8946 1 year ago

I was wondering about the screw. It super tight and seems OK, but I can try to back it out then tighten again. I'd be so lucky if it's just that.
You should be able to slow-mo the videos in the settings tool....when I look at it, it does turn sharp left.
Thanks for taking a look!

A slower playback speed isn't the same thing as a slow motion video. Slow motion video will have a much higher frames per second rate so the details of what's happening can be seen. Also, it should be a close up of the area where it's happening. Anyways, if you can capture that, it should help to pin the problem down.

#8949 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Is the shooter lane fix for Rush basically when you soft plunge it and it jostles around coming out of the shooter lane? I only have this problem if I shot it up the lane and it does not make all the way onto the pf, then I shoot it again too quickly without it settling back in the lane.
Not sure if the NC fix, fixes this or not?

Yes, our shooter lane fix is for the issue where the ball rattles around when you soft plunge and it gets to the upper flipper gap. It guides the ball to the right so it rolls past the flipper gap smoothly.

#8997 1 year ago
Quoted from Ghosters:

Anyone have the instructions for installing the shooter lane fix. I recall hearing it's like a 30 second fix, but it look like the right diverted might need to be removed.

I'll try to get something posted by the end of the weekend, but if you look at the instructions for the loop assist mod and the pictures in the loop assist/shooter lane mod product listing, you should be able to figure it out pretty easily. It just snaps on to the rail on the left side of the shooter lane, just below the flipper gap.

1 week later
#9139 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I installed mine yesterday with no issues at all. I did not have to remove anything and it popped in with ease, not fighting with it.
It 100% correct the issues, no other adjustments need.

It's funny, as many as I've installed, some pop right on, some feel ridiculously difficult until they suddenly magically go on easy as if it was just pulling your leg at first to have a good laugh at you, lol. I think the trick is to start with the short "down" part of the groove, wrap it up around the bend, then push the long groove on. But honestly I'm not sure if that's it or not. I'm just glad that the vast majority of you are finding that the shooter rattle fix is working out well. I found that "feature" to be so very frustrating, especially when they changed the code to kill your skillshot after a failed plunge... insult to injury, but no more.

#9241 1 year ago
Quoted from j_m_:

the one thing that I would check for is if you have any sharp edges on lower vuk kick out scoop metal. because the ninja camp protector is made from TPU, repeated movement of the protector (from balls) against the edge of the metal scoop can damage it. a good solution would be to order the scoop sleeves at the same time.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1326-ninjacamp-mods/06742-rush-scoop-sleeves

Like any protector or any other rubber piece on the playfield, this is a wear-and-tear part and won't last forever, but many people have reported hundreds of plays with no noticeable wear, and we have several on location nearby that we check up on regularly, and they're holding up after well over 1000 plays, probably more like 2K+ at one location in particular. As to the potential for damage you're describing, we updated the protector back in April to add little notches where it goes past the scoop to help minimize this, in addition to the tab that screws down underneath to minimize movement. Since then, breakages have been almost nonexistant, but should one fail, just reach out to us and we'll take good care of you.

As to which color... can't help you there.

#9243 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Have you played Rush with the NC option and with the Stern Blinders? Because honestly, I'd recommend trying both to compare them before committing to the NinjaCamp fix.
Having played it both ways, I prefer the blinders, at least from a gameplay perspective. The bottom scoop is easier to shoot with the Stern nubs in place; it seems like the blinders kind of "guide" the ball into the scoop. I find myself getting more rejects when playing Rush with the NinjaCamp fix.
The NC fix is good for people that want that option, and plenty of people seem to prefer it. I've just found I prefer the final Stern fix myself.

I'm not saying it's necessary, but some folks have done both our NC scoop protector AND the Stern blinders. You just replace the metal protectors with ours. If you're going to keep the blinders, this gives you the option to add a splash of color around your scoops.

#9245 1 year ago

Hey all, our speaker light kits will be going on sale Tuesday September 6 at 10AM PDT! Check out this post for the details:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ninjacamp-mods/page/14#post-7113771

#9251 1 year ago

Just read up on these, since I do plan to get the expression kit when it is ready from Stern. Kinda sucks that they are only drop in compatible with LE games. Lots of folks find the factory speakers just fine and don't change them out.

If I understand what you're saying, you have the 4" speakers and plan to stick with them? If so, then know that I'm looking into a possible way to make it work with the smaller 4" speakers, but I wasn't expecting much demand for that since only the LE's have EL kits in them and the Rush EL kits aren't available yet (though the LZ kits work in Rush, for people that want to go that route). But if there is demand for a 4" speaker option, then I can make that a fast-follow priority.

#9254 1 year ago

Definitely. I plan to get the expression light kit. Still baffling that it's not available yet from Stern. I'm not an audiofile and I've owned many band themed pins and have always thought they sounded fine, especially the Spike games. I just figured all games except LEs come with the 4" and you are excluding them right out of the gate.

Quoted from JustJared:

I had the music activated lights for my Beatles and liked how the whole rectangle was lit. That is what I was wanting, not a 4" ring light kit, instead I was wondering if you would make one for the whole rectangle similar to speakerlightkits

Thank you both for the feedback.

For what it's worth, I didn't set out to exclude 4" speakers. The problem comes down to light count. I have to get 48 LEDs evenly distributed around the speaker. With a 5.25" speaker, the fit was just cosmically aligned with readily available LED products on the market, which allowed me to bring this to fruition much faster if I focused on the 5.25" speakers at first. When it comes to the 4" speakers, there is no way to get those existing LED products to fit properly around a rectangle - or circle - of that size. So there's two options, 1) you'd need to get a 5.25" speaker plate set from speakerlightkits, install our speaker lights, then I'd have to come up with some sort of 5.25" to 4" adapter (which would be easy enough to do) to hold the factory 4" speakers, but that may look goofy (or it may look fine, in fact it might look really nice, but I haven't made a prototype to find out). Or 2) completely design a new product using fewer off-the-shelf parts, which would make it more complex to produce, but would work with the rectangular space of the 4" speakers. I'm certainly open to both, but option 1 was the short path I had been primarily considering. Option 2 would probably have to wait until the initial rush on these kits slows down, so probably a few months out, at least.

If you folks think you'd be interested in the first option, I could whip that up and demo it pretty quickly. Otherwise, I'm happy to go down the longer path, in fact, it'll be a fun project to work on, but it'll be a while before it's available.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#9264 1 year ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

Not sure if Myth Pinball has any plans to tap into the EL feed as NinjaCamp has done, MythMaker may have it on his list. He certainly has enough LEDs in his kit and they're already addressable.

160 LEDs is actually far too many. You'd have 64 of them unlit, all on one side, creating a big dead zone. That kit would also have to be totally reworked to do the job. As I said above, I do want to get to this solution... I already know exactly how it would work and what I'd have to do for it... It's just a question of bandwidth right now.

2 weeks later
#9642 1 year ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Hey all - i am having a very specific issue and I could not find anything in this thread touching on exactly what i am experiencing.
I am the original owner of this Rush Premium. About a month ago, the machine started randomly firing the scoop kickout intermittently. now it happens constantly during active gameplay, not on a specific rhythm but seemingly at random. Obviously the kickout fires when it thinks a ball is there so i have exhaustively checked and tested the opto. It tests 100% normal during switch test. It does not have random switch closures at all during test. Only during gameplay. I disassembled the metal trough and cleaned it, checked the switch wiring, etc. Disconnected and reconnected the plug on the node board that the switch goes to. I cant think of what to do next or what i could be missing.
any help or insight would be much appreciated!!

Did you clean the optos while you were in there? Dirty opto sensors can cause this. And yeah, I've seen these have issues in gameplay and show up just fine in the test menu... no idea why that happens, but I've definitely seen it on other games.

#9662 1 year ago
Quoted from MattW123456:

My inner loop “fix” is starting to cause the ball to get stuck. Has this happened to anyone else using the Ninjacamp inner loop assist?
[quoted image]

As pointed out by SterlingRush, it looks like your fix has worked itself too far forward. Slide it back and tighten that nut down on the plastic if it isn't.

2 weeks later
#9961 1 year ago
Quoted from The_Swearwolf:

Ever since I received my Rush Prem I get intermittent phantom Time Machine hits registered. It's gotten so bad now it's to the point where frequently I can just spam the flippers and register hits to start multiballs. My distributor asked me to verify all of the cables were snug as that can cause phantom hits; I made sure every connector near the bottom of the Time Machine was snug but I was uncertain where the sensor registering the hits even is? Has anyone else had this issue or troubleshot something similar?

Sounds like the optos in the ramp are dirty, cutting out, or misaligned. With the Prem/LE models, the ramp goes up and down and the wires can take some abuse over time. I had to fix a friend's where the wires to the Opto had just snapped within their plastic jackets an inch or two away from where it attached to the opto board. I had to cut out a couple inches of the wire to one half of the opto (can't remember if it was the emitter or receiver, but I think it was the emitter) and solder in patch wires. If either side is cutting out due to a failing wire, this could register as random hits (since a "hit" is when the receiver can't see the infrared light from the emitter because a ball is in the way, aka a "normally closed" switch). Likewise if either side is dirty, it can register random hits, and a quick cleaning with alcohol and a q tip will resolve that. Finally, if they're misaligned (least likely, IMHO) they may not consistently connect, again registering random hits, and you would have to adjust their alignment until they're looking straight at each other. The switch test menu may help you to pin down what's going on. Hope that gives you something to work with.

#9973 1 year ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

Thanks for the replys! I just joined the club and added a nib pro to the line up. It has a January 2022 build date without any protection. Given this situation, what would you guys do? Contact stern for a V3 protector or go with an aftermarket protector? And which one if you recommend the aftermarket fix? Would you wait to play the game until the fix is in place?

I'm biased on which route you should go, so I won't wade into that. What I will say is that with that v1 Stern protector you could develop clearcoat/art damage to the area around the scoop that extends beyond any protectors out there, and it can happen surprisingly fast. If it was mine, I wouldn't be playing it very much (tens of games should be okay, but I wouldn't push into the 100s) until one of the solutions out there is in place, mylar at least.

#9992 1 year ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

My ninja scoop protectors broke so I decided to install the stern replacements. After 20 games or so I noticed this. I had a little clear come off but the front scoop but it didn’t look like this. I put Mylar around front scoop but didn’t think back needed because it was looking great. Before I take it apart again, I am wondering if the white you see is clear coat or what. Notice the black art line is still there next to protector.

Based on your purchase date, it looks like you got our v1 protector. We offered free upgrades for those folks to the v2 protector, which fixed a breakage issue (I'm going to guess yours broke on the back right side of the lower scoop, right next to the scoop's metal arc... if so, that's exactly what v2 addresses). Anyways, that offer still stands. We'll happily upgrade you to the new version if you're interested in that. For what it's worth, we also make a version we call the "fat lip", where the lip edge extends a couple mm further out to cover up playfield damage. We could send that one if you like. PM me and let me know how you want to proceed.

#10007 1 year ago
Quoted from madangelo:

The same thing happened to mine. The corner between the two scoops is hanging by a thread. I had put mylar down prior so luckily no damage. I would be very interested in the V2 version.

PM sent.

1 week later
#10228 1 year ago
Quoted from schudel5:

The Rush topper is going to be $2112.

OR that's the year they'll release it.

2 weeks later
#10504 1 year ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

The right sling rubber is stretched tighter than the left, so hits to that point are causing more wear. Someone in this thread recommended giving the rubber a shift around the posts each time they had the glass off to help it to last longer.
I've picked up Titan silicone rings for mine and in the order I included some of one size up to try on the right sling. I think someone here as tried the size up already.

Yep, just go up to 2 1/4".

#10507 1 year ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

I'm wondering if this is something where the community could redesign the post. Have the center offset as much as possible (is there any room?) to buy some slack. Not sure if the post outside diameter should still be kept the same or maybe go larger or do a bit of an oval shape to widen the radius. SkyKing2301, you've done posts in your hardware kit, from your work modeling them do you think there is any wiggle room to offset the center hole?

I thought I saw a while back that someone was suggesting to move to these... Smaller radius = less band tension for the standard 2" band. I'm not necessarily recommending it, just throwing it out as a potentially already existing solution.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8365-9

3 weeks later
#10800 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

OK. Good to know. I will wait and see if I can get the replacement. I do have the Cliffy in waiting but really like the look of the NC.

Hey there, yeah, I can confirm from your order date with us that it is the old V1 model. The V2 addresses this specific issue and we offered a free upgrade back in April to anyone that had a V1, and we still stand by that. We'll get you a replacement sent out with our next shipments. PM sent with further details.

1 week later
#10951 1 year ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Appreciate your help - however I'm just going to stick with the Cliffy solution that I have subsequently installed. I'll try to mail this back to them if they ever reply to any of the PMs to either account I sent.
To answer your question, you may be right that when I pushed down on the ball it was "tighter" which might indicate it is too wide (as opposed to too tall). I was just focused on the fact that I couldn't make it "fit" any better than it did and I wanted to really give it a shot to ensure it was a defect versus my install. That said, I installed and removed it enough times that I think I gave it a more than fair shot to get working.
Assuming these are hand cut/printed and can vary a bit from product to product I can understand how some might not work on occasion.
No need for you to spend more time on this but I really appreciate your efforts! This community is amazing!

For what it's worth, I haven't received any messages from you about this. And I apologize, I haven't check in on this thread in a few days, so I'm just catching up. I'm sorry you had problems with your VUK protector. All VUK protectors have been made from the exact same model, so yours shouldn't be taller than any others, and height shouldn't have anything to do with it since the ball should just be dropping through a hole with no bottom surface but the metal of the mech. More likely, there may be some sort of a printing error we didn't catch in the walls of the protector that are overly narrowing the opening and catching the ball before it can settle to the bottom. Anyways, I'll PM you for further resolution.

1 month later
#11747 1 year ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

For those who may have missed their posting, NinjaCamp has released under cabinet lighting, that interacts with the expression lights, much like their speaker light kit.
You need to have expression lights themselves, in order for this to work. Works on Rush and LZ.
Just sharing for those that may want to know.

Thanks for the mention! <3 Yes, if you love our speaker light kit, or if you wanted the speaker light kit but couldn't use it because of the depth of your upgraded speakers, then this is for you!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1326-ninjacamp-mods/07647-expressive-undercabinet-lights-kit

See it in action here: https://vimeo.com/manage/videos/786978529

IMG_2199 (resized).PNGIMG_2199 (resized).PNG
2 weeks later
#12095 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I am guessing they could be put on the back box as well, and if so, you could order two sets and do both?

The undercabinet kit will NOT work on the backbox. The light strips are much too long. That said, we are already planning a backbox kit (with light strips that will fit) because we knew this question was coming! We have some catching up to do with other orders still but, in the near future, a backbox kit will be coming! As to power draw, each kit shouldn't draw more than 1/3 amp from the 48v power. So even with three kits, you're only pulling one amp, and even that is only when every single one of the 96 LEDs is on full bright white, which is almost never, so the draw in use is much less, which SHOULD be fine to drive all three off of the 48v header. However, if you have concerns and/or don't want to take any risk, you can pretty easily wire in a second dedicated 48V power supply and hack the power transformers we supply into that, and all your worries go away.

4 weeks later
#12568 1 year ago
Quoted from Magicman:

My choice for the scoop protector was the ninjacamp full upper and lower scoop protector, and I've really been happy with that choice. But a couple of nights ago, I was in the middle of a great game and in multiball when a ball got stuck in the lower scoop. I was kind of baffled, as that's never happened before, but when the dust settled after multiball was over I saw that the protector had succumbed to the beating from the balls and failed. I still think it's a great solution to protect the scoops, and I know they don't market it as a lifetime solution, but I reached out to them through Pinside PM and haven't heard back as of yet. So if your listening (reading) these posts, please let me know if you're still replacing the original protector with the updated protector under warranty. I don't want to play the game without a scoop protector solution. Here's a pic of the failure...
[quoted image]

Hey there, sending you a PM. We'll absolutely take care of this for you. The issue you're showing is exactly what the V2 was intended to address.

#12578 1 year ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Is there any way to know which version one has?

If you purchased before 4/12/22 you almost certainly have the old one. The easiest way to tell them apart visually is that the V2's have a third L shaped tab that screws down under the playfield. If you have that, you're already set. If not, then PM me.

#12597 1 year ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

I just installed my scoop protectors and love it!! Quick question….I’m now getting SDTM drains from the front scoop. Do you think I might have tightened the scoop down at a bad angle?

That's usually the cause. Most people are able to resolve this by loosening the screws that mount the scoops underneath, rotating it as much as you can such that the front of the mech is tweaked slightly more to the right, then resecuring the screws. Playing with the coil power can help too. Also double check that the tab at the front of the protector is sitting flush against the underside of the playfield... sometimes it's out of place and the ball will graze it on the way out.

1 month later
#13664 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

TroyS made the 2112 logos(pardon the ff) , grest quality, nice guy to deal with. Highly recommend!

Those are nice! Say, where can I get one of those speaker light kits you have there? Hehehe... Seriously though folks, we're happy to announce that we're now selling our Outpost Kodelia Expressive Lighting All-In-One kit for Rush! All three of our light kits combined, along with a new dedicated power supply setup that won't tax the game's power board in any way, and at a little bit of a discount from buying them separately. 288 more LEDs tied in and synchronized with the factory Expression Lights light up your speakers, floor, and wall for a fantastic concert-like experience. Check it out!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1326-ninjacamp-mods/08306-expressive-lights-all-in-one-kit

And stop by our forum thread for chat about installation questions and the like.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ninjacamp-mods

If you have some of our light kits already, no worries, we're still selling the parts individually.

IMG_2630 (resized).jpgIMG_2630 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#13939 11 months ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

Since I had access to both an LZ Prem and Rush LE that had expression lighting I had done some investigation into the EL setup as a part of figuring out if the LZ ELs would work in the Rush pin. Don't recall if it is in this thread or the NinjaCamp one. While the distribution boards that feed from the node board are different, it doesn't matter. It seems Stern found that the extra wires/plug they had in the LZ model were not necessary. IIRC they may have just been extra grounds? Maybe add'l power. But as Rush LE owners can attest the revised design works without issue.

Both an additional power and an additional ground were removed in Rush and Foo Fighters, so this seems to be the go forward design, but everything related to the expression lights should be fully intercompatible between all three games. The old 5 wire design just provided for extra current capacity but, if I had to guess, they likely decided that the lights never reached a high enough sustained current to justify the extra 10" of wire, so they cut it down to just one set of +/gnd. We still build our interface board to support all 5 wires but, just like they did with their own distribution board, all +/gnd lines are immediately merged anyways, so it all works out either way.

2 weeks later
#14257 11 months ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Yep, looks like NinjaCamp uses CN7 of the PDB for the expressive lights. Guess I will need a splitter after all on the unlikely event that UPS ever picks up my shipment at the distributor...

Answered your PM, but yes, you will need a splitter for CN7 on the power distribution board, NOT the MPU's CN7. If anyone needs one, we sell them here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1326-ninjacamp-mods/07176-48v-power-splitter-for-stern-spike-2-systems

#14260 11 months ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

sounds like what I need,can I split again since I have 2 sets of lights already on there ?

There is an LZ that has been running just fine with that setup and an additional splitter for the topper, so yeah, you should be good. However, if you plan to add the backbox lights, PM us and we can discuss an upgrade to the dedicated power supply and see if that's a direction you want to go.

#14264 11 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Would this work? Or am I completely off here..
Disclaimer: still in process learning about Stern and node, power, etc. Thanks
https://lermods.com/products/4-way-stern-spike-splitter
[quoted image]

Not for the topper/light kits, no. That's a 12v accessory splitter. These mods use CN7 which is a bigger plug @ 48v.

#14287 11 months ago
Quoted from Calgedy:

Thanks guys......I just installed the ninja again and I believe it is correctly on there....both pieces. I have the ninja instructions in my email so I am good. I may install both ninja and stern fixes lol, just for shits and giggles.

If that curved piece of the fix doesn't stay in place (sliding forward), you can slip a little piece of double-sided tape between the backside of the rail and the large flap that goes against it. That way if your plastics don't cinch down on it tightly enough, it will still stay in place.

3 weeks later
#14941 10 months ago

Hey gang, with the toppers arriving and people being frustrated with the dim lighting situation, I was thinking about using what we're good at and prototyping a light kit for it that would tie into the Expression Lights. If someone is interested in that, PM me. It'll be a collaborative process (since I don't have a topper myself) so plan for that if you decide to PM me. I'll probably take the first person (maybe two) who hits me up, then we'll go from there! -Thanks, Kaydee

#14957 10 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The lights that come on the topper are already tied to the expression lights. That’s part of the issue with the topper being back lit.
It’s the front part of the topper plastics that need to have some light on them.

Right... I'm speaking specifically to using the EL to illuminate the front of it.

#14959 10 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Maybe even two strips, one on the front and then another onealong channel on the inside to hyperlite the gears and behind the plastics.
You could have two options.
I'm tempted to box up my topper and send it to you so you can do it right (and faster)

As awesome as that would be, I'm not sure I'd be comfortable taking someone's topper like that, not at that price tag anyways. Though... if you could scan and email me the manual, that could be very helpful and a lot less risky!!

#14962 10 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

It's not as great as you want it to be but I'll scan it for you! Give me a couple hours...

Hopefully it at least shows which node board they're using (I think I know, but confirmation is good) and which connections they're using on it. But thank you so much! You can probably skip boilerplate and text only pages, mostly looking for the details I just mentioned.

#14989 10 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I thought Step 5 was the most helpful
[quoted image]
OutpostKodelia
Kaydee- Scan Of install PDF attached.
[quoted image]

Thanks for that! And yeah, you weren't kidding on how little detail that has in it. But I think I know what I need to know to proceed. Now to just pin down the details and work on the prototype!

#15086 10 months ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

If you wanted to wire in switches for the individual sections I think you'd only need to cut the power line for each. OutpostKodelia Kaydee, am I right here?
And if a 2.0 (or would it be 3.0 now?) version of the distribution board were designed maybe there could be a way to incorporate a "remote control" plug. Jumpered if you just want them always on, but you could plug in an extension that would have a bank of 3 switches (or more, if they expand further) to control power to each section. Maybe have that remote mounted inside the coin door.

Quoted from Vespula:

Not power, just three 3 orange wire data distribution, is all you need to break. No data=no lights I think.
But yes, your concept makes sense, not so much for a one off, but if there were others that wanted it, it could be an accessory item.
I'm not a customer for this and don't need this functionality, but maybe there's more than just you out there.... I'm a little curious why it's even of interest tbh.

You're both right. You can break either the power or the data line with a switch and it will have the same effect of nullifying the strand. I guess it depends on where you want to put the switches... power would be easier to break in the backbox, and data would be easier to break from the coin door. That said, I have no plans to make a switchable revision at this time, but if the demand gets high enough, maybe I would.

#15136 10 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Did you have the pinwoofer kit?
I've got the low profile expressive speaker kit and I ordered the five and a quarter adapter plate from pinball Life and the four threaded post coming up barely clear the expressive lights. Did you run into this?
I'm not sure what to do with the hardware kit they sent me I don't see how this was expected. The instructions don't say that I use those pan head screws to bite into the plastic of the expressive lights but I guess that's what you have to do with those pan head screws? It's literally digging into the frame?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You ordered the low profile rings. You need to cut 1/2" off the posts. The post will secure only the bottom tab. The included screws will mount the speaker to the top tab. Some people have a tough time getting the included screws to work, in which case, switch them out for #8x1/2" screws. This photo shows you what I'm talking about.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

1 month later
#16038 8 months ago

New product announcement!!!

For all those who bought a Rush topper and were disappointed by the poor lighting, we have the definitive solution for you! By combining our expertise with extending the Expression Lights and some good old fashioned basic white LEDs, not only will your topper be well lit, but it'll also be washed with the colors from the expression light shows! Check it out here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1326-ninjacamp-mods/09139-expressive-topper-lights-kit

HUGE thanks to Vespula for beta testing this and helping with measurements and taking a video. We don't have the Rush topper, so he volunteered his time to help us out! I'll let him tell you what he thinks in his own words when he gets to it.

Anyways, this is compatible with all our other lighting kits, or it can be used on its own. It's compatible with both the Stern toppers and likely any other topper out there, too. Enjoy, and happy gaming!

- Kaydee

Screenshot 2023-08-10 114214 (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-08-10 114214 (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-08-10 114303 (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-08-10 114303 (resized).png
2 weeks later
#16300 7 months ago

Ended up getting these other 3 ferrite cores installed. I don't get why they're needed, but I did it. Lol. Gave the playfield a cleaning and finally installed my cliffy protectors today too.

The ferrite cores help to remove electromagnetic noise from the data lines that go to the expression lights. These lights are very sensitive to noise on the data line and can experience strange color flashes due to that noise if it weren't for the ferrites removing it, so you definitely want them on there.

1 week later
#16364 7 months ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Yes, same spot for me. I placed mylar down over it to keep it from lifting.
Not such a great protector after all. I posted a pic in their thread and they didn't give a shit. Don't expect anything from them.

I apologize... I do see where I missed your message on our forum, but I assure you it was an accident, not a lack of caring. I don't see you in our order history, so I can't confirm when yours was purchased or what generation it was, but we always take care of anyone with a broken protector. Just PM me and we'll get you figured out.

Quoted from PinballConspiracy:

Yes Mine is split like in your pic in 2 places

Yours was purchased right around the time we released the updated version, so you may have one of the old ones. Either way, PM me and we'll get you taken care of.

Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

Mine is broke also. I just haven’t had time to contact him and see about getting a replacement. It’s still working

Yours is definitely a first gen, and we happily replace those for people. Again, PM me and we'll get it taken care of.

Quoted from the_carmanizer:

Has anyone else had their Ninjacamp scoop protector break like this?

Yours is also definitely a first gen. PM me and we'll take care of that for you.

------------------------------

In general and as others have stated, our first gen broke for quite a few people (though there are still MANY out there working great) because the edge of the scoop was essentially sawing into it. We made changes within a month to address the issue and offered to replace any of the old ones that had issues, no charge. Customer service is very important to us, so just reach out to me if you have any issues and we'll do anything within reason to get you back into the satisfied column.

Thanks! - Kaydee

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 16.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 210.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider outpostkodelia.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1?tu=outpostkodelia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.