IMG_6410 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2562 (resized).jpg
IMG_2578 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2574 (resized).jpeg
20240322_163542 (resized).jpg
20240322_163631 (resized).jpg
20240319_194137 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #91 Rush song list Posted by Bill2112Rush (2 years ago)

Post #1378 RULES. Link to RUSH Rulesheet Posted by Av8 (2 years ago)

Post #1389 TECH: SWITCHES. Lockdown bar action button not working - fix Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1818 MOD: SOUND. Amp DIY upgrade for RUSH Posted by TinyBlackDog (2 years ago)

Post #2123 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter lane adjustment to stop rattling ball launch Posted by Coyohtay (2 years ago)

Post #3107 TECH: SOUND. Headphone Jack no-boot when installed workaround Posted by AUKraut (2 years ago)

Post #3632 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Scoop losing track of balls. Posted by Schwaggs (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider osubuckeye98.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

1 week later
#11217 1 year ago

My node 10 board went out last weekend. Had my disto put in a warranty on Monday. Have not heard anything yet but I do think is pretty crappy that Stern won’t sent MJK-911 a new board. He didn’t over tighten the zip tie, I’m kinda at a loss why they won’t provide a new harness and board if that is what they are claiming is the problem.

#11219 1 year ago

That really sucks man, hope you get your pins back up and running soon.

Quoted from MJK-911:

ATTENTION!!!!!!!! DO NOT Swap a Node-10 Board from Godzilla into your RUSH, even tho the game played perfectly for almost 2-hours, Today at startup it can’t find node-10 again. So I now have 2-games down with Node-10 not found. Some of you were right, I shouldn’t have done this, but I was getting soo much information on what to do and not do. I knew the Risk, but WTF I dropped $10k on a game and was tired of seeing collect dust. Its such a great game!!!! For the life of me I don’t understand why it worked last night, but blew the board tonight. You would think it would have blown instantly last night after the swap from Godzilla. Pinball can be the most amazing thing, but in a blink of an eye it can be an absolute nightmare!!! I absolutely appreciate everyones help!!!! Will never do this again for sure!!!!

#11223 1 year ago

Not overly concerned, but I would love a 3 day turn around as we will be entertaining for the holidays and I would live to have all my pins up and running. I have historically found Sterns correspondence with warranty/fixes spotty at best, it’s refreshing that they were spot on with you.

The wiring harness addresses stern stance that failures have been a result damaged wires due to overly tight zip ties.

Quoted from Bill2112Rush:

Perhaps Stern and your distributor are still verifying serial #, ownership, and warranty info? If you haven’t heard back from your distributor, reach out and see where they’re at in the process.
Frankly, I was stressed (and a little pissed) over the situation. But, both Stern and my disto we’re really good at copying me on all the correspondence. Has your distributor looped you in on the communications with Stern?
I’m not familiar with MJK-911’s situation other than the post above.
The wiring harness isn’t something Stern has claimed as a cause. That, and the fully seeded connections were cited as common factors by other owners who experienced more recent board failures.
When I was trying to find out “what’d I do wrong or what can I do to prevent the board from failing in the future?” Here’s the info I got back from my Stern tech:
“Hey Bill,
The best advice I can give is to remember that electronic components can fail, but in this case our engineers toned down a part of the game that they believe was over driving the board to prevent this issue from reoccurring. This isn't necessarily a fail safe, but it is designed to alleviate the issue that you experienced.
If you have any other issues in the future, please reach out and we'll be more than glad to assist.”
Another pinsider suggested I check for ANY loose connections or plugs (I believe he indicated that can cause a momentary drop or spike in current; thus frying the board).
Please keep us posted. Hopefully, you’ll get some resolution soon.
Bill

#11251 1 year ago

Log into inside account from the browser on your phone. It will generate a QR code specific to your account, scan that code with the reader. I took a screen shot of the QR and keep in photos.

#11252 1 year ago

If you select print QR code you can grab a screen shot

949E4624-095B-4848-A673-5AC1FDC0FC44 (resized).png949E4624-095B-4848-A673-5AC1FDC0FC44 (resized).png
#11254 1 year ago

You can then setup you home team and login each time by holding down the left flipper button before starting game on the pins in your home.

Quoted from Vespula:

Ah I see, ok thank you!
The QR code on the machine and the little card that comes with the booklets and on the apron are all just taking me to the website. I thought they were a part of my individual. I don't know how I make this so complicated. I'm programmed by JJP so this is all new. Thx

#11325 1 year ago

I prefer Voodoo glass to Sterns anti reflection glass that comes on LEs. If you want to break the back and go all in, PDI glass.

Quoted from Vespula:

New pro owner... Talk to me about glass.
First pin gnr with invisiglass, so that's my standard.
Pro glass ain't that. Reflections are very noticeable.
What am I looking at to solve this? The glass Stern puts on le? Where and how much? Any other better options?
Thank you!

#11356 1 year ago

Lol, I can’t upvote this enough

Quoted from brainmegaphone:

I'm positive that didn't happen. During their downtime they almost certainly were soldering node boards... which might explain some things...

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#11366 1 year ago

My guess is it’s an interactive node 10 board where the chip burns up when you hit jackpot.

Quoted from John-Floyd:

From the pic I saw (if legit) the rush topper was a little more in line w previous toppers - not crazy like the mandalorian. Clock in the middle and the Rush albums light up horizontally. Hoping it’s under $1,500.

1 week later
#11602 1 year ago

My new board is waiting for me once I get back to my house. Think I may just disable the ramp and clock in the settings until there is an actual solution. I’ve inspected the wires and removed the zip ties, but I don’t think I want to take a chance on the pin being a paperweight for who knows how long.

Quoted from gandamack:

Well got about 2.5 hours worth of play on this new node board before it shit the bed. I guess you got to laugh because Stern ain't gonna do jack about this issue. I knew it would happen, but damn that thing fried quick!

#11604 1 year ago

Mine had over 700 games..I have been wondering about others as well. I usually don’t leave my pins on when they are not being played, my Rush had been on for a few hours and then my son played several games in a row when the chip fried.

#11614 1 year ago

This is what worries me, 700 plays before it goes bad and then it fries another one after only 2.5 hours. Pinball Life has stepper motors in stock, I’m 1/2 tempted to switch the whole thing out.

Quoted from gandamack:

As far as total plays before the node 10 chips burn up: got the machine new and got around 700 plays. Spoke with Stern and their solution was to put me on the waitlist for a new board. Got tired of waiting and spent 180 bucks on a new board. Got about 2.5 hours of play on that board before that node 10 board chip cooked.
Going to take apart the clock today, so I can access an area that is hiding an area of wire, after that, I have no idea.

#11619 1 year ago

I’m traveling for the holidays so I have not replaced it yet. Will likely be Tuesday before I get a chance to test it.

#11621 1 year ago

Unbelievable..looks like I’ll be trying the shut off the ramp and clock method.

Quoted from Jesterpester:

Stern sent me a new motor with my last node 10 replacement board. Replaced both and got 2 games out of it and blew the board again. 3 blown boards now and I’m stuck here waiting for Stern to figure out what’s going on. Don’t waste your money on a motor as it’s probably beyond that.

#11643 1 year ago

LE
Build Date 2/09/2022
Plays 825
Total balls 2368
Board fried, I’ve clipped ties from ramp and looked at connectors. Need to take a better look at clock.

Right now I’ve disabled clock and ramp. gandamack only getting 2.5 hours out of a new board has me gun-shy.

#11646 1 year ago

A few games earlier I think..my son was playing when it happened and didn’t tell me I didn’t notice until next time I turned on the pin.

#11649 1 year ago

Well, you have a nice collection to spread your attention too…would be better if you still had your Iron Maiden and LZ tho

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

LE, build date 2/18/22, 675 plays, no issues. Thought I had more plays

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#11652 1 year ago

I kinda think have been thinking a new thread so we don’t keep derailing this thread..but I don’t want people to lose sight of the issue.

#11657 1 year ago

Whatsa mod?

#11662 1 year ago

That took me longer than it should have

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Force flow is a mod

#11665 1 year ago

I finally got some time to dig in pulled the ramp harness. There was some definite crimping of the wires..but nothing like what I saw when I pulled the clock.

Also noticed a lot of loose wires going into the connectors.

03A8568E-D8CF-44FA-BAE8-00232CA0048A (resized).jpeg03A8568E-D8CF-44FA-BAE8-00232CA0048A (resized).jpeg5F8D7CB4-3A15-439B-B901-37DC78DD1825 (resized).jpeg5F8D7CB4-3A15-439B-B901-37DC78DD1825 (resized).jpeg79FF4C6B-A8D1-4E60-B49D-7F18959CE4FF (resized).jpeg79FF4C6B-A8D1-4E60-B49D-7F18959CE4FF (resized).jpegE0B6E779-7CAD-4758-9450-1D55C4472A0D (resized).jpegE0B6E779-7CAD-4758-9450-1D55C4472A0D (resized).jpegF7349E05-7CB3-4F27-9AFB-228F1EDCEECB (resized).jpegF7349E05-7CB3-4F27-9AFB-228F1EDCEECB (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#12058 1 year ago

Lol, I hope not. I enjoy mine when I have the balls to play it

Quoted from beelzeboob:

In related news, yzfguy will have a Rush LE for sale in about 6 weeks.

2 weeks later
#12354 1 year ago

Getting your hands dirty is a critical (and often enjoyable) part of the experience…I like to solder now that I don’t completely suck at it.

Quoted from kmad:

I’m a newb to pinball ownership and was nervous about doing that and other mods/repairs but the instructions were good and I took my time. It turned out great. Do the underneath tunnel mod at he same time if u haven’t already and it will save time from doing them separately. Thought by buying a NIB machine Id be good for a few years before I had to work on it but I’ve already had to repair/ replace a dozen or so things. Machine is playing awesome now (fingers crossed). Good luck.

1 week later
#12602 1 year ago

I had purple titans on the stock flippers, I ordered some purple halos and installed them, was going to put on some new rings buuuuttt the purple/purple combo is growing on me.

3B80E57A-438B-4A79-B9C2-0C2EFEAB7BF9 (resized).jpeg3B80E57A-438B-4A79-B9C2-0C2EFEAB7BF9 (resized).jpeg
#12672 1 year ago

Well they are a “lifestyle brand”..lol

Quoted from brzezicki:

I just got my Rush premium yesterday, I ended up spending 8 hours reading posts about the node10 boards and found mine had the "Bad" crimps so soldered everything together (thanks to the people to did that node 10 "issues and non-issues" that was great work!.) and checked the node10 connectors too those where good. I really am concerned about Sterns quality assurance though.
I had bought a GZ premium in November and after about 10 games the building fell off. apparently whoever assembled it assembled it wrong luckily it didn't break anything and I was able to get diagrams from Stern on how to reassemble it (some of the pieces that were there were NOT in the manual, but in one of their support docs)
This Rush, had screws laying in the bottom of the box, an airball deflector that wasn't screwed into ANY of the supports, the glass that has a really bad bevel that sounds like it's scratching when you put it in or out of the game. (I put mylar on to wrap it), bad crimps on that ramp, and a coin holder that wasn't secured and bounching around the underside of the game, I'm sure I"ll find more issues.
really sad for a 9-10K product and if your the designer you have to be pissed that such an apparently great game has had such a bad experience for people in terms of qualtiy and parts melting and being useless for months.
I have yet to play it yet as I was up to 5:30AM trying to get everything up and running and solid. but once I get some sleep I"m excited to play it. I hope it doesn't melt down on me
-brian

1 month later
#13044 1 year ago

Stern is setting the bar for the 2.2K Godzilla topper…

I’m passing on the topper, it’s cool but seems like I hit the point of thinking it’s out of control pricing.

#13107 1 year ago

They are really good on Rush, much better than on my Zeppelin.

Quoted from Sloshy:

Is expression lights worth it? Never seen them in person on led zeppelin

4 weeks later
#13832 11 months ago

I would as well..

Quoted from John-Floyd:

Perhaps nitpicking to some, but it would drive me nuts. I’d ask for a replacement.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Seattle, WA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider osubuckeye98.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1?tu=osubuckeye98 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.