IMG_6410 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2562 (resized).jpg
IMG_2578 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2574 (resized).jpeg
20240322_163542 (resized).jpg
20240322_163631 (resized).jpg
20240319_194137 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #91 Rush song list Posted by Bill2112Rush (2 years ago)

Post #1378 RULES. Link to RUSH Rulesheet Posted by Av8 (2 years ago)

Post #1389 TECH: SWITCHES. Lockdown bar action button not working - fix Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1818 MOD: SOUND. Amp DIY upgrade for RUSH Posted by TinyBlackDog (2 years ago)

Post #2123 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter lane adjustment to stop rattling ball launch Posted by Coyohtay (2 years ago)

Post #3107 TECH: SOUND. Headphone Jack no-boot when installed workaround Posted by AUKraut (2 years ago)

Post #3632 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Scoop losing track of balls. Posted by Schwaggs (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nickbuffalopinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2737 2 years ago

I love this game, I'm getting a premium.

With that said, why the heck are they shipping it with the outlanes set to the easiest setting? I'm surprised a ball can even exit the outlanes like this. It's a total baby game.

And this is on top of the fact that there's virtual ball saves you can earn for the outlanes. Not to mention a generous amount of extra balls the game hands you.

Listen, I get you can move the posts, but that's bit of a PIA. And I see posts of people with their big scores, but seriously, this game has got to be the easiest set-up game Stern has ever shipped.

#2745 2 years ago
Quoted from Mapalot:

I’m curious if people would be as upset if this fix was in the original design….

Probably. It looks terrible.

It's not like this has been used on other games. People expect a normal scoop protector. This should be the easiest part of the game.

Hell, they have a cool moving clock that syncs and changes during gameplay, yet can't make a fucking scoop protector.

1 week later
#3285 2 years ago

How long before Stern decides their "fix" is to never put scoops on a game?

3 months later
#7587 1 year ago

Pro owners that received a NIB game made within the last two months: Where are the outlane posts located?

I know originally they were on a more difficult setting than the LE/Premium. I'm wondering if they are now manufacturing it on the easy setting like the LE/Premium.

#7617 1 year ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

I've found factory outlane posts random over the years and models. Sometimes jst depends on who is assembling the pf.

Why is this even a question?

I'm so sorry sir, I didn't realize there was a list of approved questions that I'm allowed to ask here, despite being on Pinside for 11 years.

I'll also be sure to provide a thorough reason for any question I ask in the future.

#7711 1 year ago

Got my Premium on Friday.

This may be the first time I review a pinball machine and give it 10/10. Just amazing.

#7969 1 year ago

I'm getting rejects from the spinner gate, maybe 40% of the time. My game is pitched between 6.5 - 6.7, depending where measured.

Anyone have this problem and have a fix?

#7972 1 year ago
Quoted from schudel5:

I've meant to look into this. Fast shots to the spinner/gate must be doing something weird to get a lot of them to come back through the spinner. I'm thinking the gate isn't coming down fast enough to keep the ball from coming back out.

Yea, it only seems to happen on really fast, clean shots. Slow shots, no problem.

I try to avoid ever having to change the flipper strength. I'd sooner raise the pitch if that helps, but hopefully there's a more elegant solution.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#7987 1 year ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

With the spinner lane that's what I'm thinking... the ball has so much momentum that after it goes through the gate it ricochets back, the gate is still bouncing from being hit hard and the ball is able to slip back through. If memory serves that gate is rather short in order to give enough space for it to drop back down when the ball is in the limited space of the other side. I have seen gates act this way (allow slip throughs) on other games but not as frequent as the Rush spinner lane. I wonder if anything could be put on the spot that the ball bounces back from to instead absorb some of the impact and deaden the bounce? Not sure I would want to put anything before the gate as that could impact slower rollers or poorly aimed shots that would otherwise make it through, and cause them to start coming out backwards.

I sent a message to NinjaCamp Mods to see if he wants to rescue us again.

#7991 1 year ago
Quoted from oliviarium:

Looking at the spinner issue is in our queue. I can say on our machine its very likely to reject and come back when hit solidly from the left flipper, backhand shots from the right flipper rarely if ever reject.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm happy you're also having this issue on your machine

#8068 1 year ago
Quoted from SuS:

Anybody agree that we should lobby Stern for a Midnight Madness 'Time Stand Still' mode?

I have to imagine this game is selling surprisingly well, and will continue to do so. It would be an awesome "Thank You to our fans!" if they included that as a bonus track for the midnight madness mode, that's then unlocked once you've played it once. That song fits in perfect with the theme.

1 week later
#8310 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

But the V3 scoop solved the issue. So if you have a current run Rush, then the Ninjacamp scoop protector is unnecessary. Unless, you simply prefer its look.

It's necessary if you want to play the game the way Borg originally designed it. If you don't care about that, then no need to swap.

#8311 1 year ago

On my game, a plunge, depending on strength, sometimes tends to hit the spinner loop rail guide, rather than wanting to go smoothly around the orbit. This only really happens when I try the skill shot plunge and use too much force on the plunge, but not enough to make it go smoothly around the orbit.

Would Ninja's shooter lane mod fix this?

#8316 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Sometimes the original design is defective Like the inner loop And the shooter lane...

LOL, I love it

3 weeks later
#8914 1 year ago

I posted this before, but thought the Ninja Camp mod would solve it, and since it didn't, I'll try posting again to see if anyone has had this issue.

When I do a full plunge, or auto plunge, roughly 60% of the time the ball gets hung up by hitting the exit side of the spinner shot. In other words, it hits that area, deadens, and drops to the upper flipper. It's nice that my game is trying to help me even more with the skill shot, but ultimately it's annoying as it shouldn't be doing this.

I tried the Ninja mod in the shooter lane, but that had no effect. I think b/c that's designed for "shooter lane rattle" or whatever, but that doesn't seem to be my issue. The ball seems to move through the shooter lane smoothly. The only issue is when it exits it and hits that area I described above, rather than smoothly going around the orbit.

It's also not the plunger itself, as the auto plunge has the same effect.

Ultimately, I think I'll have to set up a slow-mo video of it, but before I go through that hassle, I figured I'd check to see if anyone else has and solved this issue, thanks!

#8916 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Seems like it may be too proud and interfering with the ball path. Do you ever have issues hitting the right orbit and having the spinner ball guide cause a slow down or reject?

This may be it. Sometimes a right orbit shot isn't clean either.

So you're thinking I should bend that spinner rail guide a bit inwards towards the playfield, so it doesn't protrude as much?

#8918 1 year ago

Weird.... Take a look at my pic. That's what it's hitting (I can even see ball marks on it).

I can't even see that piece in your pic!

20220817_100823 (resized).jpg20220817_100823 (resized).jpg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8920 1 year ago
Quoted from OutpostKodelia:

I wonder if you have some sort of deformity in or around the circled area that's deflecting the ball into the rail.

Thanks for the pic!

I think I'll have to follow through on the slow-mo capture to see exactly what's going on in my game...

I'll take a pic of the circled area on mine and will post shortly.

#8921 1 year ago

Not the greatest pic, but I'm struggling to see any issues. What do you guys think?

20220817_124226_resized (resized).jpg20220817_124226_resized (resized).jpg
#8922 1 year ago

Actually, it looks like the rail is extending out farther in mine pic, after it exits the shooter lane!

1) Should I "fix" this?
2) If so, what's the best method?

#8927 1 year ago
Quoted from OutpostKodelia:

When you say "the rail"... which rail are you referring to? When I compare your pic to mine, things look pretty similar. Getting the slow-mo will definitely help.

I'm talking about the far right rail guide. You can see on yours, how it's further away from the black painted outline. Mine pretty much hugs it. So there's more room to the far right on yours, then on mine.

Hopefully that makes sense.

#8935 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

On the top vid, it looks like the ball goes left, right, then left again really quick and ends up hitting that ball guide rail. Looked like it went left as soon as it left the shooter ramp, so that may the cause of the initial leftness. Slow-mo would give a better look. I wonder if the ball is hitting that screw head on the shooter ramp?

I was wondering about the screw. It super tight and seems OK, but I can try to back it out then tighten again. I'd be so lucky if it's just that.

You should be able to slow-mo the videos in the settings tool....when I look at it, it does turn sharp left.

Thanks for taking a look!

#8936 1 year ago

I screwed the shooter ramp down *maybe* a little lower and removed the Ninja Camp mod. *Seems* to be a little better. That may be as good as it gets for me.

1 week later
#9169 1 year ago

Stupid drum clock isn't working right.

Started a game and it was at 2:59ish. Thought that was odd, so I paid attention to it. Wouldn't move when pops were hit.

So I go into test, and I can get it moving through diagnostics. However, when I try to adjust it, it seems to stutter around 2:59. Like, I can get it to move to 3pm by adjusting the bias, but when it moves through the test on it's own, it gets hung up there. Now the bias is maxed out at "10", and the hand is sitting around 2:55pm, when it should be 3pm.

I'm at a loss....

#9172 1 year ago
Quoted from Ghosters:

Reinstalled the clock and still had weird issues, where sometimes it would not move at all. Unplugged the machine, opened it up and it seemed like the CN5 connector was a little loose. Unplugged, replugged the CN5 connector, plugged the game back in and it's worked perfectly since.

Thank you, I'll check it out!

I'm guessing this may be the case as I installed PinWoofer and the bass may have shaken it loose. Bass is pretty damn legit

#9183 1 year ago

So for my clock issue, I don't *think* it's a bad connection...

First, my game is 1 minute off, and using the offset in diagnostics, any changes really don't stick, it keeps wanting to be one minute behind. I can go into more detail on that later, but here's the thing...

I tried going into diagnostics to adjust the time. It was saying that the clock was moving to zero position, but nothing happened. I couldn't adjust it, I couldn't hit buttons to make it move, etc.

So I go to start a game. Clock moves to the 2:59pm position. I hit pop bumpers, clock doesn't move. I turn the game off and back on, the clock moves. Start up a game, clock is moving correctly when I hit the pop bumpers (albeit, still a minute behind).

This is the 2nd time I was able to fix the stuck clock by turning the game off then back on. So what's the deal with that?

#9190 1 year ago

So, I learned that the clock not moving is a bug in the current code. This is good news, as at least it's not a mechanical issue.

I do have the issue where the clock is wrong by one minute and no matter how I adjust the bias, it still goes back to being wrong by one minute. This is one of those small things that will drive me nuts.

Anyone figure out how to solve that issue?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 194.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 42.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 275.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 229.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 35.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nickbuffalopinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1?tu=nickbuffalopinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.