IMG_3100 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240411_225620072.MP (resized).jpg
20240410_181338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_184826850.MP.jpg
IMG_5558 (resized).jpeg
PNG image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #91 Rush song list Posted by Bill2112Rush (2 years ago)

Post #1378 RULES. Link to RUSH Rulesheet Posted by Av8 (2 years ago)

Post #1389 TECH: SWITCHES. Lockdown bar action button not working - fix Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1818 MOD: SOUND. Amp DIY upgrade for RUSH Posted by TinyBlackDog (2 years ago)

Post #2123 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter lane adjustment to stop rattling ball launch Posted by Coyohtay (2 years ago)

Post #3107 TECH: SOUND. Headphone Jack no-boot when installed workaround Posted by AUKraut (2 years ago)

Post #3632 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Scoop losing track of balls. Posted by Schwaggs (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbrave77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#35 2 years ago

got caught by the hype and ordered an LE when given the chance. Im ready to curse Borg's name when those outlanes give me fits....

1 week later
#245 2 years ago

hoping to hear that the scoop issue is resolved before LEs go on the line. Im not the best pinball tech so I hope I dont have to do pinball surgery before playing my LE!

2 weeks later
#547 2 years ago
Quoted from bouche03:

I have one arriving today...

Take pics of the scoop and post so we can move past scoop gate!

#589 2 years ago

it looks different. Its like theres extra metal on top of it keeping it flush to the playfield?

#592 2 years ago

with that extra pressure on both sides covering a decent amount of surface area I would think it would be hard to mangle that scoop now

#958 2 years ago

got the message from fedex. LE will be here next week(while im away for work). So will need to be later in the week. either way excited

#1031 2 years ago

the LEs got a new lower scoop protector, but is the upper scoop protector any different?

#1034 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Supposed to be the correct stainless on both for the LE. Pros got tinfoil.

makes me feel better. Hows the flipper heat on this one PinMonk?

#1170 2 years ago
Quoted from Calgedy:

Got another response from Adam stating that the final fix protector is being stress tested NOW. Everyone will get the fix once it is finalized and distributed, according to Adam at Stern.

so whats on the LEs isnt the final scoop?

#1359 2 years ago

Curious to see more folks comment on the LE scoop after continuing to play more

#1860 2 years ago

my game came today. Its still sitting in garage until I can get my buddy to help me lug in downstairs. I love the style of the side rails but not a huge fan of the matte black powder coat. It feels nice like powder coat but looks like regular legs to me from further away. Maybe when I have it all set up itll look better. Looking forward to playing and hope the scoop holds up!

#1864 2 years ago
Quoted from Craiger:

Wait until you get it set up, I bet the matte legs won't bother you. The machine as a whole is really even more unbelievable looking in person.

they dont bother me, I just wasnt wowed by them. Im sure the entire package will wow me especially expression lighting which ive never seen in person.

#1908 2 years ago

Man wifi updates are sloooow! But i used the time to have an amazing star wars game and blew up the death star so hey ill take it.

First impressions. The LE is very pretty. Probably the best looking mirrored backglass stern has put out in a while. I really love the lights. I could not imagine not having the vuk shot but then again i havent played the pro. Game plays a lot like a borg game so far. A bit clunky in spots but really shoots well overall. Just got about 5 games in before starting the update. Overall fun so far!

#1920 2 years ago

that right ramp is very much like iron maiden, similar position and its similarly hard to hit for me

#1986 2 years ago

Had my first big game today. Big for me at least. 2.1 bil. Had 1b on ball one. 1.6 after the extra ball. Then didnt do so great after that. But definetly a longer playing game than most borgs Ive played.

#2076 2 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Huh, interesting and useless bit of trivia looking at that photo, Rush is the only LCD era Stern, JJP, AP, or Spooky not to have standard Suzo-Happ coin reject buttons. CGC and Heighway use the Suzo-Happ buttons with the fingers holding a coin. DP uses something entirely different. I should go to bed.

My last 3 games came without them. Stern buttons now. Godzilla mando and now rush.

#2124 2 years ago

Has anyone posted strategy yet? From what I can gather im suppossed to collect the album shots and then hit the time Machine? The bonus is based on how many i collect before hitting it?

1 week later
#2910 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Up to 300 plays on my LE, so here's an update on the scoop protectors. They're definitely getting beaten up and rolling up more and more. The edges are lifted around their entire perimeter, on both the upper and lower scoops. Continued wear on the right sidewall of the lower scoop.
The balls are also showing signs of wear, to the point that I want to replace them already. Replacing balls every 300 games is gonna get pricey lol.
I did reach out to Stern directly per my distributor's instructions. A few key points from my correspondence:
1) I was told engineering is working on it, and they have me on the list for when the fix is available.
2) "We do NOT recommend removing the protector at this time, this may void your game warranty. "
3) "For the time being, please bend the flaps back into place and secure them with a small bit of strapping tape until we have an official solution." Not really sure how well I can do this since I can't really get a bend on them, and I'm wary about putting tape on the playfield unless it's something I know will release like painter's tape. (Which will look great, lol)
I do plan to request an extra set of six balls to replace the originals, and based on what I'm seeing & feeling here, the upper scoop definitely needs to be addressed too.
Technically the issue still hasn't adversely affected gameplay with the fork fix in place, but it's definitely getting worse and it's most certainly contributing the aging the balls.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That actually looks way better than i expected after 300 plays with the current solution. After reading your post i expected to see worse. But still concerning and reason to look forward to the next revision.

#3072 2 years ago
Quoted from ian866:

Was having a look at the new Cliffy protectors and noticed how out of alignment the auto plunge looked with the lane.
I've attached a similar pic of a Godzilla plunge to compare ( bottom ).
Given that quite a few people seem to be having problems with the shooter lane etc, was wondering if this is the issue and is it possible to re-align it ?
( I'll apologise now for lifting the photos straight off Cliff's site, they were just good examples to reference ).
[quoted image][quoted image]

Cliffy has a shooter lane protector out already?

#3073 2 years ago
Quoted from ian866:

Was having a look at the new Cliffy protectors and noticed how out of alignment the auto plunge looked with the lane.
I've attached a similar pic of a Godzilla plunge to compare ( bottom ).
Given that quite a few people seem to be having problems with the shooter lane etc, was wondering if this is the issue and is it possible to re-align it ?
( I'll apologise now for lifting the photos straight off Cliff's site, they were just good examples to reference ).
[quoted image][quoted image]

The playfields have some wiggle room left abd right. Can u just bump it over a bit?

#3112 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

New fix and design for scoop.
PinTech LIVE presents Stern Pinball's Rush Premium
Let's dive into Rush Premium pinball with Lead Engineer Elliot Eismin! Jump to 29 minute mark to see the blue rubbers discussion.
https://www.facebook.com/marcospec/videos/2199684096879413[quoted image]

stern guy said they posted videos on how to install new scoop. Where can i find these?

#3123 2 years ago

Ordered the ninja full protection kit and im on sterns list. Also on cliffys list. So well see what works best! I havent had any issues yet but I dont have too many plays

1 week later
#3966 2 years ago

My ninja scoop came today. Anyone install theirs yet on LE? I was planning on waiting until I see any signs of problems on the current scoop before doing so. So far its been fine

#3988 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Got my NinjaCamp protector installed and after three games here are my thoughts:
*Color was a bit darker than I expected in person but still prefer it over black.
*It still bunches up in-between scoops a tad and I followed instructions to not over tighten posts, no big deal but maybe make the material a little thicker in that area going forward.
*The front scoop is a little harder to hit with it installed, this game probably needs it anyway just because it's a long player in nature.
*Great protection so far and will see how it holds up putting more games on it
Thanks to NinjaCamp for giving Rush owners options because Stern has not offered a permanent solution as of yet in my mind.
[quoted image]

Anything special need to be done to get the original scoop out or put this one in? Is there anything inside the original scoop like glue holding it in? Or just the screws?

#3993 2 years ago

TY. I also got pinmonks pre cut mylar to put down under it.

#4213 2 years ago
Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

I read this Thread Daily, Seldom Chime In. Thanks to everyone for sharing fixes here!
I was Very Frustrated with the inner loop shot not registering.
I installed the Magnetic Reed Switch (MRS-RUSH). That still DId not fix it. I was still getting fast balls not registering. Still had a fail rate of about 40%
Frustrated I did NOT play the game for a couple of weeks.
donjagra was right! "there is no way the magnetic switch will fix the issue"
I took his advice and used the felt pad fix!
IT WORKED!
I had my best game ever!
15 plus Billion!
The felt pad helps keep the ball low to register properly!
I like the concept of the REED switch. But It doesnt solve the issue
Save yourself some money and get some felt pads![quoted image][quoted image]

So im just reading up on this. I havent noticed this being an issue but then again i dont have a ton of games on my LE since i was waiting for new scoop. So what does the felt pad do? Just slow down the ball?
I had a tmnt le and was incredibly frustrated that the middle loop shot only registered like 50% of the time for me.

#4235 2 years ago
Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

The felt pad pushes the ball down and keeps it from going airborne!
I was amazed it actually does NOT slow it down.
TIP
I did cut my felt strip in half. If too long, it will not stick as good and was coming off. I found shortening it, made it perfect!

Thanks. Ill try to take
More notice and see if its an issue for me

#4593 2 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

Shots to the VUK end up a lot of the time rattling around and coming back out of the area instead of getting "Vuk'd up".
Ninjacamp's "Duckbilled Vukypus" (or DBV) looks like a great solution as I was just reading about their solution to this issue.

i get this too about 20% of time. It hits the hole and comes out. luckily its an easy shot

#4612 2 years ago

Ugh. Im in the middle of installing my ninja scoop on my LE. Was putting posts back in. Dropped tool….first time ive ever messed up a playfield. Chipped a small area near the inner ramp. You wont be able to see it from the players perspective, but i know its there. Ugh. Im an idiot. I put a small piece of mylar on it. I guess thats all i can do?

#4614 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Clear nail polish works, too.

Thx. But if i already mylar for now im good to go?

#4616 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

You are good, but damn nail polish works well!

Ok. Good to know for next time. Its not like nail polish would conceal it! Luckily its tucked behind the scoop and not visible. Im so careless. Lesson learned

#4619 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, mylar should be fine. When it nicks through to the wood you can use a matching paint pen (practice off the machine first, they can be awkward to use) to fill in the chip so it blended with the art and doesn't stand out as a wood-colored point in the middle of color art. Then let it dry, then mylar or nail polish.

Ok good point. How to get the mylar off?

Also used your pre cut mylar around drains. Fit perfect

#4637 2 years ago

Thanks everyone for the thoughts on the chip. Im still mad at myself, but your right its not a huge deal. Will only be a big deal if I choose to move it. Its not visable at all from the players perspective and doesnt effect anything. Pics below. I do think some sort of purple felt marker would help if I remove the Mylar.

this image is super blown up and taken from above. It cant be seen when you are manningthe flippers.

20220405_200717957_iOS (resized).jpg20220405_200717957_iOS (resized).jpg
#4646 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

If it’s not too late, get a powerful flashlight and see if you can find the chip that came out. Then put the chip under mylar. Appreciate the heads up, I will add mylar there.

i have the chip. it came out perfectly. You are saying I should just line it up and mylar it?

#4654 2 years ago

Funny thing is. I had this game listed on the marketplace earlier because of scoopgate. But i enjoy the game. So i install the ninjascoop and in the process chip the game. But at least now i can enjoy the thing! The chip is my fault ill fix it up later. For now ill finally just enjoy the darn game a while. Thanks everyone

#4656 2 years ago

Sidenote. Since installing my bottom scoop is shooting sdtm. To adjust that i just need to move the top part of scoop left or right correct? Im guessing i need to loosen from below first?

#4664 2 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

Go back under playfield.
Loosen the scoop nuts
Twist scoop mech clock wise and hold in place while tightening back up.
I went through the same thing

thx again

#4690 2 years ago
Quoted from Rushlarz2112:

Just got the new ninja scoop in the mail. Was really surprised what it was made out of. Was thinking it was a chrome painted black piece. Gonna hit this QR code and see how to get this thing installed. My LE scoop has taken a beating but doesn't look too bad...but that noise when it hits just hurts the ears...hope this helps that as well.

My experience so far after 24 hours and probably 10 games. I think its the perfect material. Its just not going to break and if it did it wouldnt hurt the playfield. It also stays perfectly flush with the playfield. And i did not keep the LE style teeth on. It stays down with just the posts going back on. So this is probably how borg actually intended the scoops to behave. The bottom scoop is actually slightly harder to hit without the teeth in my opinion.

#4759 2 years ago

I had like 2.7 b on the original code it came with. Since then nowhere near that and i just hit 475m which is now my new gc. So there must have been something wierd pre patch

1 month later
#6166 1 year ago

I know its been asked. Where is the bottom scoop suppossed to place the ball? Right flipper tip? Ever since i did ninja scoop its mostly sdtm(about half the time). I tried to adjust from below but didnt do anything.

#6177 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Loosen scoop and twist it to the right as far as you can then tighten. If that doesn't help, add a flat washer under the 2 left side bolts to change the angle on the eject. Mine hits right flipper 99% now by doing both of these

So you mean loosen the screws below and then go to the top of the playfield and twist the scoop to the right?

#6180 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Yup. The ninja didn't affect it, scoop probably centered itself when you loosened it up. I know mine did

Ok thanks. Mostly good now its not 100%. Also ejecting a lot slower now.

#6195 1 year ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

That’s what she said....?

Its amazing that took 23 minutes. Heh

3 weeks later
#6981 1 year ago

Just installed the right scoop switch update. Anyone else NOT screw in the extra wood screw that was provided? It seems like its solid without it. And i dont like screwing new holes in playfields ha

#7118 1 year ago

Since the last update my upper left pop bumper will randomly go off 3 quick times here and there. Anyone else have that?

Ive never had to work on pops before. What should i look for?

#7120 1 year ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Gap the copper switch blades under the pop that's going off randomly. Game off, separate the copper blades just enough to give them a very small bit more gap. Too much gap and the pop probably won't fire. You probably need 1mm more gap than what it has.

Yea this is exactly what i just did and about to test it. Ive done it before on slings but never pops. Looks like the same process.

#7121 1 year ago

Ok that did it. Side note. Whats the consesnus on proper pitch for the game? My left orbit does allow me to feed the upper scoop by holding up the right flipper. And the middle ramp above scoops is a very difficult shot as well.

I played yesterday in league and that game was smoother.

#7181 1 year ago

Is the time machine suppossed to drop the ball straight down to the flippers once in a while? Or is it always suppossed to get thrown behind? Mine gets dropped sdtm sometimes because i take a break for one sec expecting it to get thrown around to
Orbit.

Is there a setting i need to adjust?

#7183 1 year ago
Quoted from Theguyoverthere:

On the Pro, whenever the time machine would be down on the premium/LE, the magnet will throw the ball back at you to mimic the bash.
On both models, there is logic for when the ball should go through vs come back at you, based on whether or not side flipper shots are available, or if you just started a mode, or collected a combo jackpot, etc.
The most common case for a premium returning the ball to the flippers is when the ramp is raised from an instrument bonus (lit from completing drop targets), but nothing else is lit there.
In multiball, the time machine magnet should either be off and allow the ball to pass through, or, if there is an award at the time machine it should pull it through.
There is a magnet device test that can test both cases and allow you to adjust some of the timings in diagnostics if necessary

Ty!

1 week later
#7474 1 year ago

Had my best game by far since the original code. 1.6b. Got to cignus book 1 wizard mode and beat it. But i did not understand it. The mode seems to give you a ton of balls and chances. Is it timed? Or do i have a certain number of ball saves?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 229.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 275.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 42.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, GA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbrave77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1?tu=mbrave77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.