IMG_6410 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2562 (resized).jpg
IMG_2578 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2574 (resized).jpeg
20240322_163542 (resized).jpg
20240322_163631 (resized).jpg
20240319_194137 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #91 Rush song list Posted by Bill2112Rush (2 years ago)

Post #1378 RULES. Link to RUSH Rulesheet Posted by Av8 (2 years ago)

Post #1389 TECH: SWITCHES. Lockdown bar action button not working - fix Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1818 MOD: SOUND. Amp DIY upgrade for RUSH Posted by TinyBlackDog (2 years ago)

Post #2123 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter lane adjustment to stop rattling ball launch Posted by Coyohtay (2 years ago)

Post #3107 TECH: SOUND. Headphone Jack no-boot when installed workaround Posted by AUKraut (2 years ago)

Post #3632 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Scoop losing track of balls. Posted by Schwaggs (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider madangelo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1303 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I dont have mylar on hand, and le delivery nx week. Any other options that is removable without pulling paint?

Question - this will be my first pin to own and delivers next week. What mylar do you use and where is a good place to purchase? I want to protect my machine the best I can. Thanks.

#1455 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Live stream with programmer. I’m still trying figure out how I got 3 Billion GC.

I watched this video and a few others... I'm still confused about the rules to this pin.

1 week later
#2098 2 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

Loving this machine so far!
I know they will update codes and fix some bugs.
As an incredibly huge Rush fan , I still wish they would incorporate a couple things.
There’s a lot of references to “roll the bones” on the machine yet there’s no roll the bones sound track? Wouldn’t it make sense to have a roll the bones multiball on this machine?
They also could have had a “ hold your fire “
Type multi ball. 3 red balls on the playfield would have been awesome!
Someone needs to make a drums mod for the poppers.
And stern should make each popper have a drum sound. 1 snare, 1 bass drum, one tom
To sound like a drum fill when hitting those
There’s so much more potential to this machine.

I was surprised that they didn't include Roll The Bones. If I'm not mistaken I don't think any of their songs from the 90's are on this.

#2103 2 years ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

Anyone have news on Rush Expression lights? I was not lucky enough to get a LE. That’s mod that is a must for the Pro and Premium.

I can't believe they aren't including them in the premiums for what you are paying. This is why I went with the LE (luckily I was able to secure one)... The lights and the shaker really add a lot to this game.. and with the cost of these add-ons you would almost be at an LE price anyway.

#2180 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Thanks for this...it actually helps a dimwit like me. I hate sifting through 10 pages of rules trying to decipher the gist of it.

Took me quite a few games to get the hang of it. Watching YouTube videos definitely helped with some strategies.

#2346 2 years ago
Quoted from jsm174:

#352 found its home after a 15 year "dream" theme wait!
(Actually glad it took that long considering all the advances in pinball tech.)
[quoted image]
Quick question if someone can please check and answer. Roughly how far back is the plunger tip from the edge of the auto plunger?
I can't seem to manually plunge the ball with any power. It's bad enough that I've been using the auto plunger all the time.
Compared to Transformers, it seems much further back:
[quoted image]

Not sure if it is normal or not for this game, but my plunger is the same. I had the same thought when I first started playing.

#2351 2 years ago
Quoted from jsm174:

TBH, sometimes it won't even make it to the upper flipper. So that's why I figured I would ask.

Oh mine isn't that bad.

#2365 2 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

Do the LEs come with an External Volume Control/Headphone Jack? It appears not, but can anyone with an LE pls confirm?

They do not.

#2711 2 years ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Next time you do this, could you possibly make a video? Would really appreciate it! I think I will do it regardless of "upsetting Stern". They upset me first.

I second this. Or at least some good photos. I have the mylar but have yet to put it down.

#2726 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Anyone break a billion on new code yet? I usually focus on completing games but some of these modes are really hard to complete. Have had some pretty long games but my best on new code is just under 900 mil.

I haven't even gotten close with any of the codes. I've had some long games but lucky to break 300 mil.

#2814 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Knock it out with another ball or give the game a light nudge, rolls right back.

Happened to me yesterday and was having a great game. Ball 3. Had to tilt to unlodge the ball.

#2882 2 years ago
Quoted from Calgedy:

Has anyone made it to year 2112 on the .90 code? Has anyone made it through all 6 modes to get to the Cygnus modes (3 ball). I have only gotten to year 2045 lol. I refuse to switch it to 5 ball. The game is much harder since the .90 code was released (good). There are so many modes with so much to do in each mode it is absolutely awesome. I want to achieve all 47 achievements connected to Stern, have 10 to go. Some seem really tough to get, which is the way it should be. Loving this pin after 50 or so plays.

Not even close. When I need to make my shots I can't (I'm talking to you right ramp). I have yet to complete the La Villa Strangiato mode. Probably have over 250 plays in already. Absolutely loving this pin even with some of the issues I am having. Do wish they represented at least one song from the 90's though. Seems like they skipped that decade altogether.

#2897 2 years ago
Quoted from Calgedy:

I finally got through La Villa mode last night and have gotten to the 5th mode of 6 but drained almost immediately after getting into the 5th mode. Yeah, the right ramp is probably the toughest for me. That and starting Freewill multi-ball and the two far left and right lanes. Nothing from the 90's.......not my favorite era but should have been represented.

I think I got 10 of the shots for La Villa before I drained. Just realized I never completed Tom Sawyer either. Not helping that the left-middle lane is not registering like 80% of my shots. 90's wasn't my favorite era either but there were definitely some good songs. Seems like they stopped at Power Windows and went right to Vapor Trails.

#3111 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Thanks very much for posting this! I can't take credit for the dogs themselves, they're pre-manufactured (as described in the listing) but you're right -- they are VERY nice, and I assessed a couple different pre-mfd dalmatian variants before selecting this one based on quality and pose/position.
Thanks also for the pre-approval-via-PM-to-post this critique (so it doesn't look like I'm "calling you out" per se, lol) -- as this will help others who have purchased or will purchase this mod -- the installation shown in those pics needs some adjustment. The hydrant should face the other way (with the large outlet/cap facing the player), and I designed the mount with clearance for the lobe to go UNDER it. This will hide the lobe itself, and also eliminates that gap below the hydrant (since it will sit "in" the mount, below the top surface).
For those who intend to install this mod, here are the installation instructions:

Received mine the other day (along with the Presto mod) -- going to install this weekend. They look awesome!

#3466 2 years ago
Quoted from Boslaw:

Is anyone else seeing a bug where you score a skill shot in the upper left lane between the super skill shot ramp and the dead end/vuk? The backglass screen says skill shot 750,000 but Alex's callout says skill shot 500,000.
Gotta give some kudos to Stern - I have reported at least 6 different issues to them since Friday and their tech support rep has been emailing me throughout the weekend about them, including today. I never expected a response over the weekend.

I emailed them today as well on a few issues and was surprised to hear back on a Sunday.

3 weeks later
#4954 2 years ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Fly by Night & Big Money are my fav modes right now.
Burns more when I drain a ball on those

Love the Fly By Night multiball but I'm getting tired of Big Money mode. Seems to be the one I get the most. La Villa is the last mode that I haven't completed. Had 11 of the 12 shots.

#5252 2 years ago
Quoted from pduffy:

On one of the multiballs (cant recall which one) my whole playfield goes dark except for a handful fo lights during the multiball and then come back on. Is that by design (i hope)?

Fly by Night MB. The first time I got this MB I thought there was something wrong with my game. Such a cool effect and still love this MB the best.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
2 weeks later
#5802 1 year ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Can anyone clarify for me if the gate at the spinner loop is coded to sometimes be closed or reject? I definitely get quite a few rejects off that shot, but they will still get the spinner moving and register a switch hit. I often use that route to set up a shot to the upper ramp or loop, so it's mildly frustrating when it clangs off. Just curious if it's intentional or if I need to explore a fix. Thanks!

Happening to me as well. I have to do some maintenance this weekend on the machine so need to check if anything is bent. Wasn't like this at first, shots would just flow through.

#5803 1 year ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

Question for LE owners:
Does your game take a loonngggg time to boot all the way up? Mine is Like a 1970's TV set that takes a while to warm up.
It's running the latest .93 code.
I just timed it and 28 seconds of black display before any signs of life on it.
57 seconds for the game to come all the way up.
I tried a friend's premium and it seemed much quicker to boot all the way up. Like 2x quicker.

Mine does. I haven't timed it but around a minute sounds right. When I first got it I actually thought it was broken as it took so long for anything to display or even act like it was on. I typically keep it on but if I'm not going to play for an extended period (which is rare) I turn it off and just know that it's going to take a minute or so before I can start playing.

#5813 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

My Rush Pro comes in tomorrow. This game got me back into pinball. I had dozens of machines I bought/restored back in the 90s/early 2000s. Sold them off around 2010 as I moved and had no place to store or use them. Anyway, as much as I love pinball, Rush has been my band since the mid-70s. Seen them in concert dozens of times, including their 3rd to last concert in Vegas in 2015. Rush + Pinball is my dream combo, so of course, I’m back in the hobby now.
Anyway, while I doubt this will ever be acted upon, I wanted to add a few songs I’d love to see in a future firmware release. I’ve seen other similar lists in this thread, so perhaps Stern is taking notes. I realize there’s no way even a small number of these would make it. I’d be thrilled to have *any* on this list, honestly.
Additional songs:
Natural Science (pretty please!)
Xanadu
A Farewell to Kings
Bytor and the Snow Dog
The Necromancer (yeah, I know, never going to happen….)
The Pass
The Camera Eye
Witch-hunt
Presto
The Wreckers
Dreamline
Time Stand Still (bonus trivia: this is the only Rush song with a guest singer. Can you name him/her?)
Red Sector A

Although a long time pinball and Rush fan, I've never own a pin. I've contemplated it over the years, but once the Rush machine was announced it was a must have for me. I've had my LE now since early March and have probably played every day since. Definitely would love to see more music added but I'm sure due to licensing it will never happen. Really surprised as this is a time machine theme of their career that no songs from the 90's were included.

1 week later
#6185 1 year ago
Quoted from Photopin:

Dammit this game can be so freaking frustrating at times. I'm currently going through a stretch where I'm lucky if I break 30m. I had one entire game where the lower flippers did not touch the ball once even with the ball save. (That should be an insider connected achievement right there.) I think I'm going to have to step away for a little bit before I break something.

Glad it's not just me! Lately my scores have been pathetic... I'll score a few hundred mill then have a stretch of games around 30m.

1 month later
#7760 1 year ago

The gold looks awesome. I installed my ninja scoop protectors and ESL mod this weekend. The ESL mod is great but man it was a pain to get that wire through the playfield. Ended up putting a second piece of tape on the end and used pliers to pull it through.

#7912 1 year ago
Quoted from Fuzzdaddy:

Curious to know if anyone has this very minor issue - when The Spirit of Radio song mode is active, the corresponding blue "song planet" does not light. All the other song planets light up when their particular song is active. The bulb isn't faulty as the blue will light up at other times during game play. Not really a big deal - just curious to see if others have noticed or if it's just my machine.

No issues on my LE. Granted I have other issues, but this isn't one of them.

2 months later
#9995 1 year ago
Quoted from OutpostKodelia:

Based on your purchase date, it looks like you got our v1 protector. We offered free upgrades for those folks to the v2 protector, which fixed a breakage issue (I'm going to guess yours broke on the back right side of the lower scoop, right next to the scoop's metal arc... if so, that's exactly what v2 addresses). Anyways, that offer still stands. We'll happily upgrade you to the new version if you're interested in that. For what it's worth, we also make a version we call the "fat lip", where the lip edge extends a couple mm further out to cover up playfield damage. We could send that one if you like. PM me and let me know how you want to proceed.

The same thing happened to mine. The corner between the two scoops is hanging by a thread. I had put mylar down prior so luckily no damage. I would be very interested in the V2 version.

2 weeks later
#10331 1 year ago
Quoted from CrashJT:

I installed the real knocker tonight, then made good use of it by finally breaking a billion. Still didn't get to Cignus.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I installed a real knocker a few months ago. Damn it is loud, but so much better than the simulated knocker sound.

Just hit my first 2 billion point game, and freaking drained trying to make the Time Machine shot to start Cygnus Book 1. Made the mode a few times but never got over 2 billion before. The other night I was SO close to getting Book 1 and Book 2 in the same game.. just had to finish Tom Sawyer and I blew it.

6 months later
#14228 11 months ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I'm kinda nervous to get mine... I'm looking forward to it, but it's hard to imagine it living up to my 1700 dollar expectations!

Just received mine yesterday and installed this morning. It is an awesome addition and looks great, but I knew going in it would never live up to my $1700 expectations -- and I'm not sure what Stern could have done honestly to make this feel worth $1700. My Rush LE will probably be the only pin I ever own (for at least the foreseeable future), so other than the new shooter rod that I am waiting for, I'm pretty much done spending money on machines and accessories.

#14235 11 months ago
Quoted from Magicman:

Said every collector ever who now has a whole room so full of games that no more will fit. Thanks for the good laugh though. I was there once too.

As much as I would love another pin (and trust me I have looked many times), it's just not financially viable for a while. Rush was a no-brainer as they have been my favorite band for 35 or so years. As a single dad of 3 teenage girls, the next game might have to wait until they are out of the house.

#14236 11 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I have to say I was that guy with GNR. 1 pin guy. Done.
Then had to have RUSH. But I'm really done now. No room, and the gatekeeper. Not a chance. I'm ok with it, she's right.

Room is an issue for me, too. I'm sure I could make another one work if I got creative.. it's really the cost that is holding me back on another.

#14243 11 months ago
Quoted from Magicman:

I totally get it, and I respect that you have your priorities in order my friend (family first). I'm half just teasing you, but if I had a dollar for every time I heard the "1 and only 1" line from guys that recently bought their first game, I'd be able to retire now. In my case, we ended up building a detached garage and enclosing our attached garage for an additional 20'x20' climate controlled space which is now the game room/media room (games, TV and Stereo) so we could get the games out of the living room.
My wife has been very supportive of my pinball hobby, but has put her foot down that there will be NO games outside of the game room. With 10 games, I consider myself really lucky, and know that I have to respect that request. Things are a little different these days than when I got into the hobby 20 years ago. Back then, you could pick up a decent System 11 game for $800-$1,200 so there's that. Please don't take what I said too seriously, and good luck with those girls. I also have 3 girls and the youngest just graduated from college yesterday, so I know a little something about that.

Oh no worries, I didn't take it seriously. Trust me since I bought Rush early last year I've already been itching to get another. It will definitely happen, just probably not any time soon. I *ALMOST* pulled the trigger on a Godzilla premium, but reality kicked in and I didn't do it.

#14244 11 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

Was an issue for me also. I made some choices to get rid of some furniture and "stuff" and presto - more room.

I thought 1 and then 2 pins were "crazy" also but then they doubled very quickly. I'm not sure what happened. I think I told my wife I was selling one of them and then didn't lol. I think she has just given up on me anyway - kind of whatever makes you happy as long as you can afford it.
I have considered a 5th but I have stopped myself since GZ. My son started university this year so I'm giving him a lot of pinball money ....
[quoted image]

If I do ever get another I'm torn between Godzilla and JP. Luckily the local retro arcade has both so I can get my fix in. Think I might actually like JP better but both are incredible games.

#14245 11 months ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

We understand where you're coming from. We know your heart is sincere. Having said that, here are three immutable facts:
1) You're a liar, lair.
2) Your pants are on fire.
3) Said pants are hanging. On a telephone wire.

Haha nice!

#14248 11 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Im there also. I think I'm in crazy land with 2 pins. Some guys are unbridled and have the resources, the time, and that is great for them, but I just entered this hobby wanting gunner and that's it. I thought I was crazy, then my favorite band pin came out and now I have two. I just think I'm twice as crazy now and seriously don't want another.
I enjoy pinball but I enjoy other things too...I don't want to be fixing and maintaining that much.... But, If something came out that could de-throne either GNR or RUSH, bring it on, I'd like to see that ! Not likely.

I'm in that club. What is it with RUSH guys and 3 girls?
I also have 3 girls, youngest just grad high school.

Mine are triplets... 7th grade. And their interests aren't getting any cheaper! Although they will play pinball and the retro arcade machines from time to time, it's really been more my thing. And not sure if any theme could de-throne Rush for me.

#14254 11 months ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Topper question for anyone who's already installed.... does the topper use CN7 on the CPU node board? That is going to be a conflict with the Pinwoofer power board, from what I can tell.
Still patiently (well not really!) waiting for my topper to be delivered after a tracking number was provided last week, but UPS still doesn't have it...

Yes, uses CN7.

So mine arrived Saturday.... never received a tracking number and no notification from UPS. Was pleasantly surprised.

#14333 11 months ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

Also, was a close call with my ceiling!
[quoted image]

Same here! I was really worried that there wouldn't be enough clearance after I ordered it. Luckily it just <barely> fit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 210.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 42.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider madangelo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1?tu=madangelo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.