IMG_3100 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240411_225620072.MP (resized).jpg
20240410_181338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_184826850.MP.jpg
IMG_5558 (resized).jpeg
PNG image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #91 Rush song list Posted by Bill2112Rush (2 years ago)

Post #1378 RULES. Link to RUSH Rulesheet Posted by Av8 (2 years ago)

Post #1389 TECH: SWITCHES. Lockdown bar action button not working - fix Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1818 MOD: SOUND. Amp DIY upgrade for RUSH Posted by TinyBlackDog (2 years ago)

Post #2123 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter lane adjustment to stop rattling ball launch Posted by Coyohtay (2 years ago)

Post #3107 TECH: SOUND. Headphone Jack no-boot when installed workaround Posted by AUKraut (2 years ago)

Post #3632 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Scoop losing track of balls. Posted by Schwaggs (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider konjurer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#49 2 years ago
Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

I was in a LZ tribute band for years and have performed Rush songs too.

I was in a Rush Tribute band many, many years ago. Took 5 of us to play the songs. We had a chick singing Geddy's parts since none of the guys had that sort of range. Our drummer was insanely good but had to quit and we could never find another drummer that could handle the drumming. Go figure.

#105 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

Absolutely, how is Xanadu NOT on this game???

My guess is that the opening to Zanadu is slow, soft and long before the riff kicks in. One of my most favorite Rush tunes and I was surprised as well.

2 weeks later
#442 2 years ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

Alright so very new to pinball and I'm stressed about this damn scoop breaking or getting mangled in mine. when it arrives can I just cut a piece of mylar and put it on top of the scoop to help it maybe not get mangled? How hard would it be for me to remove the scoop before we use it? Or should I just keep it as it until we have the issue happen?

Don’t sweat it! First it’s not the scoop but fear of playfield chipping. You won’t ever need to remove the scoop. Ive had two new machines in the last couple years and never had playfield chipping around the scoop. But some do. Stern choose to provide a protector commonly called a “Cliffy” but don’t call it a cliffy or the Pinside mob will attack you because Cliffy is another brand. You’ve been warned.

These Cliffys can be a pain in the butt because they alter the hole significantly; making it harder to get the ball into the scoop. Then they can alter the ejection path of the ball. I have to imagine that a bit of Mylar placed on the playfield will prevent or minimize chipping with less impact to game play.

1 week later
#994 2 years ago
Quoted from Coyohtay:

I actually have the shaker turned off, not a fan of them.

I loved shaker motors at first but once I got accustomed to the vibrations my brain just doesn't notice the effect anymore.

#1579 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

For God's sake can't somebody make a Starman cover for that Insider Connected thing on the apron? It'd be great for people like me who have no intention of using IC to have that light up on the apron and cover the ugly white square. Pleeeeeease?

You mean like these magnetic apron covers from WizardMods?

Premium WizApron (resized).pngPremium WizApron (resized).pngPro WizApron (resized).pngPro WizApron (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
3 weeks later
#3499 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No way. Pinstadium just sits there. The expression lighting, while not as nicely programmed as Guns n Roses, adds A LOT to the game experience. No comparison.

Pinstadium is a nice product and it IS interactive. You can hook up one channel to a circuit on the playfield. For example, I connected the UV channel to a pop bumper and it's a nice effect. If you just want your dark playfield lit up better then Pinstadium is a good choice.

For a music pin... EL is looks to be a far better choice and I've already put myself on a waitlist.

#3501 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Lighting up the entire playfield as you describe, is going to ruin Fly By Night multiball, FYI.

Actually, that's probably not true. Pinstadium connects to the GI lighting I believe. Houdini has perhaps one of the best modes in pinball... Escape from Beyond. When you start the mode, Houdini goes completely dark and starts a "search light" and strobing effects that is meant to disorient the player. The Pinstadium goes dark with the rest of the machine because it's connected to the GI. And... as I mentioned a few minutes ago in another, the UV flasher channel on the Pinstadium also interacts with that mode.

#3503 2 years ago
Quoted from gandamack:

s the EL working fairly well on the LE games? Any bugs? It would be cool to see the lights sync with the tunes.

In the early streams I watched, the light show seemed random and not well synced with the music. For example, it should occasionally sync to Peart's iconic drum fills (example, those ripping tom fills in Temples Of Syrinx) or the guitar or bass riffs.

1 month later
#6281 1 year ago
Quoted from orangedude71:

Curious for those who have bought NIB machines before. What is the likelihood that Stern will keep adding software updates to the game adding songs/feautures or special challenges. I enjoy the Cygnus X1 challenge but could always use more., I have to assume once most of the bugs are out.. they ramp it down.

Highly likely but after the main modes and wizard modes are complete, the new features are smaller enhancements, challenges and tweaks to make existing rules better. Songs are licensed upfront so I doubt we'll see more songs.

I should mention that it can take years and depends on the passion of the coder. When I had KISS, it took years to complete the final code although the code was very playable before the final version was released. The final release of KISS code was MASSIVE; adding big things like a bunch of new combos, champions, sound, animation, etc..

New code is like Christmas in July... unexpected and some new fun stuff to enjoy.

#6332 1 year ago
Quoted from Days:

If the flow and gameplay of the rush pinball was bad i would be like: " Well , i don't care that the theme is bad, because the flow and the gameplay is also bad", but... this game is amazing as game, i would do a instant buy of a premium if the theme was not this bad, or if they change the code and ad a different theme inside the game and code. I imagine it will never happens but that's quite sad. This should have been nice in Monsters , Mandalorian, or others, but not with rush and videos of concerts.

I just don't get this comment. The overall presentation on the display is great... especially considering your barely have a chance to look at it and provides relatively little value during gameplay. I get that everyone is entitled to an opinion but to call the theme "bad" is out of touch with reality.

2 weeks later
#6846 1 year ago
Quoted from kbenson13:

I'm trying to lower my expectations for what a "good" game is. What do y'all think?

I love this game! Rush is a super flowy game for me. I can find every major shot on the playfield regularly. Most other pins I find there are a least a couple shots that I just can't find. For example, I had KISS, another Borg design similar to Rush. I had trouble with the KISS orbits and the ramp was a bitch for several months until I finally "found" it.

I'm a player of similar skill and my advice would be to not compare yourself to people who can regularly get in the 100s of million or higher. Are you having fun? I would venture to guess that people posting super high scores are not getting those scores on every game. For me, a good game is completing a mode or two and racking up a 100+ million score. For me, I'm going to play 5 or 6 frustrating games for every amazing 100+ million game.

1 week later
#7062 1 year ago
Quoted from Dobler:

For those of you with a Pro, how often does it drain sdtm when the ball comes out the front of the time machine? I avoid hitting it unless I know it will go out the back, but when it does come forward it is almost always sdtm. I’ve taken to shaking the machine before it releases to give it some sideways movement but that is less than ideal. Not sure what I would even adjust to help this.

Literally, just happened for the first time but after a couple hundred games it was the only time.

#7064 1 year ago
Quoted from Dobler:

One of the things that that really bugs me for some strange reason though is the plastic apron. Maybe it’s just me but it makes the game feel cheap somehow. I’m assuming that I should be able to easily replace that with a metal one at some point if I wanted, but thought I would see if there is some weird difference that would make that difficult.

Me too. I'm thinking about purchasing the WizApron apron magnet that covers the plastic apron. The only thing stopping me is that I really don't want more of the same cabinet art design on the apron.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#7150 1 year ago
Quoted from kbenson13:

The game remains too hard to be enjoyable with nothing really fun happening in my typically crummy games.

So I'm a very crappy player and I'm loving it. My secret to fun games as a crappy player is to...

- make sure I start a mode the second the red light comes on
- not get lured into trying for an almost completed combo or other non-mode objective
- set the ball saves to be longer that the default settings
- get the extra ball lit asap by hitting the ramp 5 times then get the time machine multi-ball started

#7266 1 year ago
Quoted from Starman_2112:

You must have got a good machine. My premium flows pretty bad and is a absolute drain master.

Bummer! My Pro is one of the best shooting and flowing games I’ve ever played. It is frustrating but any pinball worth playing is frustrating.

#7343 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Last night, my wife asks me, "Do they have a hook in any of their songs?"

Rush songs are loaded with hooks but I can see how someone that is not familiar with or have an appreciation of progressive rock might have trouble locating the chorus!

#7445 1 year ago

Has anyone removed the Stern scoop protector fix in order to install a NinjaCamp protector? Was it difficult to remove?

I had purchased a NinjaCamp protector before I received my Rush Pro. Trying to determine if it's worth the time and how much effort it would take to remove the black bumpers and put in the NinjaCamp.

#7455 1 year ago
Quoted from OutpostKodelia:

Removing the Stern v3 protector prior to installing our Ninja Camp scoop protectors is no more difficult than installing the scoop protectors if the Stern v3 wasn't there. The process is virtually identical. That said, if you're handy with your tools and know your way around a playfield, installation should take around 30m. I can do it in about 15m now that I've done it so many times that it's practically muscle memory. But for some folks, it can take an hour or more.

Thanks for the advice everyone! I think I'll install this evening.

#7523 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Yeah I may buy the Ninja Camp Scoop protector to have it but I am not sure I am going to install it.

The Stern black bumper fix broke loose and I saw it as a sign that I should get rid of it. I also figured that the the "fix" was not part of Borg's vision for that area of the playfield. I installed the NinjaCamp yesterday. It took me two hours but if I was to do it again, it would not take as long. Overall it was not hard - having good set of sockets, needle nose pliers and extra pair of hands was helpful when removing the posts. Removing the old scoop protectors was the hardest part. You also have to be comfortable with mangling the Stern lower scoop protector to get it out - just be careful.

The NinjaCamp looks far better - I went with the green scoop protector. My son feels the scoop is a slightly harder to hit now but I haven't seen much difference yet. Now the scoop fires to the left flipper instead of the right now. I'm going to try the suggestions for aiming the scoop back to the right flipper although I like it returning to the left. Also get an rare SDTM from the scoop now. So far I'm very happy I pulled out the Stern fix.

1 week later
#7737 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

You can put a washer under the 2 bolts on the left side of scoop, it will direct the ball to the right flipper 99% of the time. Also, twist the scoop counter clockwise, from the top, to aim it more towards right flipper when tightening the bolts.

TWO-WASHER FIX WORKS! After taking out the Stern Black Horse Blinder fix and replacing with the NinjaCamp scoop protector, my scoop eject was ejecting all over the place... mainly to the left flipper but 10% of the time to the right flipper or SDTM. I tried the "loosen, turn clockwise, & tighten" the scoop but it was only slightly better. I tried one washer and no luck. But with a washer on under each screw (between the wood and the scoop) on the left side of the scoop and, like magic, it shoots to the right flipper every time. Thanks for the tip Hayfarmer!

#7806 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Spooky didn’t like Rush much.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion but not sure doing it with consideration of peers in the same business is the best look.

Good grief people! What are you guys reading into that post? Overall the person was respectful. The poster made one comment about the "bit of a miss" on the art work. The rest of the points were neutral, could be taken as positive or positive.

#7815 1 year ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

are your outlane posts set like mine?

My Pro shipped with the post in the lowest (narrowest) position. But the lanes are still vicious drain monsters.

1 week later
#8103 1 year ago
Quoted from sscharf:

I find the dead end to be about the easiest shot on the game. And the most deadly, I get more than my share of STDMs.

I think the dead end shot is fun. It's the easiest shot to collect. It returns the ball to the flipper super fast. Maybe I'm lucky but it never goes SDTM.

#8194 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I’m not buying the supply chain BS. They’ve made basically nothing all year.

Of course there is a supply chain issue. Every company that relies on parts and the supply chain is struggling to get parts. Stern has a product that contains thousands of parts - far, far more than most products. If Stern can't get their hands on one part, the line shuts down on that product. If you've ever working in a manufacturing environment, you've seen that getting parts can be very complicated in the best of times. You just can't swap one manufacturers part for another over night. You can blame Stern for a lot of stuff but they don't have much control over the supply chain.

#8341 1 year ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

API does this to an extent at least on Oktoberfest, including how long the play time was.

Houdini does this game summary as well. Please Stern, can we get this? Plus all of @dobler's other great suggestions.

1 week later
#8515 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I can have and share my opinion. That's every "Pinsider". Either do the mod right or not at all, that's my opinion

I'll be the one guy to stick up for you. You comment was a little harsher than I would have stated but I agree. There are a lot of very home-made looking mods and slapping a bunch of these, in my opinion, doesn't look good. But if it makes you happy, that's all that matters. But I can also verbalize what looks good or bad to me... it's called an opinion. And if you're a mod maker, then take it as feedback to make your next product even better.

1 week later
#8774 1 year ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

The new generation is so much better at adapting to flipped or reversed controls. We have no chance.

Are you not reversing your hands? I'm an old fart (60) and I'm an below average player. I have no problem. I did have a Houdini which has the Straightjacket reverse/flipped mode and it was fairly easy after a just a couple games. The only problem on Houdini is that if you were killing it your arms would get cramped after 5 minutes. Rush was equally as simple for the brain to learn the adjustment. However, if you don't cross your hands your brain will fry.

#8775 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

I just fixed this on mine.

1- DO NOT ADD extra washer on one side.
It’s a mistake and I unfortunately made it.

2- just loosen the 4 screws holding the scoop and you can turn/shift the metal piece. There is some play, do it slowly and look for the Most angled position which still lines up all 4 screws to their holes.
Just patiently shift and adjust until you’ll see when it sits pretty and you’ll know that’s it.

3 - there is No need for changing scoop eject settings or lower/increase scoop power etc. No need for extra washers they Will cause other issues. Trust me.

I tried loosening the 4 screws and shifting the scoop but it didn't solve the problem. There was not enough play to correct the eject. Then I added the two washers solution and it fixed the problem. Perfectly returns to the right flipper every time. Place the two washers on the two left side screws as you're looking at it from under the playfield (between the wood and the scoop). Trust me.

#8777 1 year ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Yes I reverse my hands but there is also a mode where flippers stay up and you have to push button to lower them, thats the one that gets me.

You brain WILL adjust. It's super fun when it clicks in your brain. With the flippers starting the up position, I don't think you ever get perfect and you'll get to whacking the ball correctly most of the time. This is a fun video that explores how the brain relearns how to ride a "backwards" bicycle. I use this video in a class I teach.

#8781 1 year ago
Quoted from Morehops4:

Sorry if this is a silly question but the Rush machine is my first. My first broken part is the bulb that goes over the lower scoop. Where is the best place to get a replacement? Thanks in advance!

Comet Pinball among others. HOWEVER, I would highly recommend the lighted dice mod. It's an inexpensive mod at $20 for 2 dice with LEDs.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1167-gameroom-mods/06718-lighted-dice-for-stern-rush

Dice (resized).jpgDice (resized).jpg
#8799 1 year ago
Quoted from Magicman:

Ok, but IMHO when I purchase the game I shouldn't have to "earn" all the potential features (especially songs on a music pin) available only by allowing Stern to track my every move. I should have the option to enjoy the game in all its glory without having to participate in their electronic tracking software. Opt in or out at the very least.

You can opt out. The only features you're missing are the ones you don't want to try because they are part of the insider connect. It's easier than ever to access the features. They even let mere mortals experience the wizard modes without having to earn them. Personally, I think the insider connect is amazing. It gives me MORE visibility to the features of the game not less. It gives me more feedback on things I've achieved and things that remain for me to conquer.

What could Stern possibly track that could harm you? Let's see... they can see which features people are using, metrics on bugs and usage, how people are using the game so they can improve and make better games, possibly do remote support, send you new code without having to go through the hassle yourself. They're not Facebook, tracking your every move via GPS and listening in on private conversations.

4 months later
#11191 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Unfortunately it's in my garage and has got to go up stairs to a bonus room.. I have to coordinate with some movers and sub that part out... So here it sits.

I was a little worried about moving my pins up or down stairs. I almost hired someone as I'm getting older and fatter so I'm not quite as steady as I once was. I bought a basic dolly and a couple of those ratcheting straps - works really well for pulling it up or down stairs with another person spotting and assisting from below. Just unbox, slide the dolly under the cab, strap it tightly and take it a stair at a time. Just make sure to place a towel or something to protect where the strap contacts the cabinet to avoid any scuffing.

3 months later
#13602 1 year ago
Quoted from usafstars:

Check post #11541 Hayfarmer had a couple of pictures where small washers were used to slightly tilt the scoop to help with SDTM ejects.

The washers worked miracles for me and it was an easy and elegant fix.

1 week later
#13785 1 year ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Sorry, but I have to wonder how much of the claimed improvement in sound is attributable to good ol' confirmation bias.

Certainly a good question to ask but... NO it's not confirmation bias. BTW, the correct term for this type of bias is choice-supportive bias.

It does sounds significantly better. I've been an audiophile of sorts and I do live sound and music production. To my trained ears, there is a substantial difference. Not just from speakers but the amplifier is a significant upgrade to the sound as well. Is it elite hi-fi? No but Pinwoofer is a large improvement in sound quality.

#13815 12 months ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Exactly! I was a musician and used to consider myself an audiophile, spent a lot of money on my home theater. Then I had my hearing tested. I can’t hear anything over 12kHz, and high frequencies bother me for some reason (I hate when people use their phones on speaker, it’s almost unbearable).

I can still differentiate between good bass and bad bass, and I like a good balanced sound. So I haven’t ruled out PinWoofer just because I have old ears.

When I was younger I assumed that losing your hearing as you age would somehow ruin music for me. Now that I'm old and experience hearing loss I've learned that shitty sound still sounds shitty and that hi quality music is still amazing even with the loss above 12k.

Without a doubt, great music and high quality sound at high volume amps up the pinball experience significantly. First time I heard TNA it blew me away.

4 weeks later
#14598 11 months ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

I ordered expression lights and a shooter rod from cointaker. Still not a peep from them. About a month later I ordered a July run foo fighters pro from mad pinball. Somehow the foo fighters got here before expression lights and shooter rod.

I put my name on a list for Expressions Lights immediately after the game was announced and just received mine from my dealer, Fun!, in Texas. A few weeks back, I called them as others were already getting their ELs but Fun! had not received them yet. I just got mine about 5 days ago.

Just finished installing my EL a couple nights ago and it exceeded my expectations and well worth the $$. I loved my Pinstadiums, but EL is so much better. Huge wow factor when playing the game with EL versus without. Worth the wait.

#14704 11 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

What's the best NC scoop protector color? Assuming gray or black?

I really liked the green as the LEDs for the scoops are green. The NC green is looks amazing.

999A41EB-9C68-40E6-91FF-40F1FAF687C8 (resized).jpeg999A41EB-9C68-40E6-91FF-40F1FAF687C8 (resized).jpegF656EAF9-B35D-46F0-957E-43A8E38E4A06 (resized).jpegF656EAF9-B35D-46F0-957E-43A8E38E4A06 (resized).jpeg
4 months later
#16538 6 months ago

I think these games are too difficult. I study rules and I feel like I'm a reasonably good shooter. But it's very hard for me to complete a mode on Rush without the ball nailing an outlane. I really don't know how you guys are breaking 1B. 300M is a good game for me.

Everyone gushes over the Rush rules but I think they're too convoluted. My first NIB was KISS and the mode rules were far easier to understand and took only 8 shots complete most of the modes. To me an average skilled player, KISS rules were more fun and easier to remember what the hell I'm supposed to do and focus on.

I tweak the rules (such as extending ball save times) but I really wish Stern would add a setting that relaxes the number of shots required to complete a mode. I can't bring myself to switch from 3 to 5 balls...seems like cheating. The mode rules should adjustable so that we average types can see more of the game content.

2 weeks later
#16648 6 months ago
Quoted from Arcade:

But after finally playing it for a bit, it would appear that the most needed mod is this Exit Stage Left mod.
How Borg let the game go out the door with hidden inserts is crazy. I am very tall and have to lean way over to see what is lit on that upper orbit.
What say all of you on this.
Looks like a no brainer.

I got one and my brain doesn't seem to notice it during game play. Every once and a while I think "oh yeah, there is that mod I should look at."

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

$ 194.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

6,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersburg, IN
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider konjurer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1?tu=konjurer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.