IMG_6410 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2562 (resized).jpg
IMG_2578 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2574 (resized).jpeg
20240322_163542 (resized).jpg
20240322_163631 (resized).jpg
20240319_194137 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #91 Rush song list Posted by Bill2112Rush (2 years ago)

Post #1378 RULES. Link to RUSH Rulesheet Posted by Av8 (2 years ago)

Post #1389 TECH: SWITCHES. Lockdown bar action button not working - fix Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1818 MOD: SOUND. Amp DIY upgrade for RUSH Posted by TinyBlackDog (2 years ago)

Post #2123 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter lane adjustment to stop rattling ball launch Posted by Coyohtay (2 years ago)

Post #3107 TECH: SOUND. Headphone Jack no-boot when installed workaround Posted by AUKraut (2 years ago)

Post #3632 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Scoop losing track of balls. Posted by Schwaggs (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kmad.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#980 2 years ago
Quoted from jonboy71:

How many still waiting on their distributor to get LE shipping update from Stern? Mine says he hasn't heard from Stern yet.

I haven’t heard anything yet.

#1249 2 years ago

Anyone in Florida get their LE yet or hear when they may be in? I’m not hearing anything.

#1395 2 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

The warranty that doesn't cover the playfield or anything attached to it? That warranty?

I was wondering the same thing. What is the actual warranty?

1 week later
#2158 2 years ago

LE Number 534 has arrived. Unfortunately getting a VUK error code. The ball goes in it sits there forever and then the whole machine cycles through looking for the ball before it eventually kicks it out. Distributor is talking to stern trying to figure out what’s going on

#2160 2 years ago

The delivery and setup guys are talking to a tech on the phone with Stern so I’m letting them work it. The alarm code pops up at startup., The VUK plunges half a dozen times and the error code pops up before a ball even loads. Then when playing, a ball goes in it sits for 5 to 20+ seconds, then you can hear a bunch of clicks where it’s searching for a ball then after all that the ball pops up During multi ball 2 balls were in at once and it couldn’t pop either out.

#2165 2 years ago

It was a misalignment on the switch. It looked like it wasn’t touching the edge when you look down from the top but just below that apparently it was making a connection. Just need to be pulled a little bit to one side and all the problems cleared up. Woo hop. Up and running! Sweet shooting machine

#2214 2 years ago

Got my LE today. Nothing extra but the paperwork

#2519 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

My Mando LE buttons are a hot mess as well, but Rush LE is perfect. Probably just poor QC from the supplier Stern uses.

I haven’t had any problems with my button’s either

#2520 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

They changed the flipper power to a numerical value in .90 code so you'll have to lower it again if you had them backed off before code update. I have my left & right at 230 a piece and upper right at 180, seems to be enough power for me.

I also coincidentally went with 230 on the lowers and actually felt like it played better. I left the upper at default. I’m also curious what others are doing.

1 week later
#3226 2 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Seems to be a ton of Stern bashing once again; and in a Rush owners thread to boot.
It’s a shame as it seems to have over-taken the excitement which once dominated this thread.
I haven’t received my LE yet but remain really psyched to have this beauty land in my pad.
Would love to see more owners reviews on the gameplay, the immersive music & lighting, etc. I think the pin looks to be a blast to shoot.

I’m new to this forum and got my LE, which is my first pin, two weeks ago. My first few weeks on the forum I was amazed how much info was being shared and how positive everyone was while we were all waiting for our deliveries. That soon changed when they arrived, and while everyone has been great in helping out with problems there’s been a definite increase in the negativity. I still really appreciate the info sharing and help, and I have learned an incredible amount in an short time. I guess the negative is just part of the deal. Thanks to all for sharing your experience and knowledge. I’m really loving the pin and plan to stay in the forum.

#3462 2 years ago
Quoted from Cudaman:

Yes this is happening on my game to. Did u do anything to fix it?

Just noticed mine is doing it too

#3584 2 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

Is anyone else noticing that the Right most pop bumper gets caught on the back of the scoop, so it hangs on the metal scoop back (Hangs the metal pop bumper ring in a down position) until a forceful push sends it back upward again?
Do I need to worry about anything there - or just let it be?

Did you ever get an answer on this? I’m having the same problem but was hoping to hear of a proven solution before i started playing around with it. First pin so i’m learning as i go.

#3631 2 years ago
Quoted from jpc211245:

Couldn’t you take a pair of wrapped pliers and add a tad more bend to the trouble area?

Thanks everyone for the ideas for potential fixes for the pop bumper interference. Think I’ll start with the least invasive fixes and go from there

#3651 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicman:

I don't have this problem on my game, but I had it on my WOZECLE only the pop ring was hitting a metal ball guide instead of a scoop. I just took a sharpie and marked the area on the ring that was making contact. Then removed the pop ring and used a Dremel to remove a small part of the ring. Pretty simple fix and didn't alter game play.
[quoted image]

Thanks!

#3732 2 years ago
Quoted from Craiger:

Anyone else experiencing the update caught in a loop? It’s reaches 99% complete and reverts back to stern insider connected setup page displaying version .90 installed. It’s done that loop three times so far. Fourth times gonna be the charm. I know it!
Edit: and so it was. Fourth time through it went to the game code update screen on its own.

I have done all my updates over Wi-Fi and they all took about 45 to 50 minutes. No issues with any of mine

#3780 2 years ago
Quoted from jpc211245:

I was thinking the scoop lid might be easier to “adjust” with pliers. Or Perhaps a very small flathead screwdriver could help create a gap. I would think a couple of mm would do the trick.

I got brave and went in to bend the ring on the pop last night to correct the interference with the scoop. I used pliers wrapped in a cloth. I didn’t have much interference to begin with so I only had to bend it a little. I removed the two plastic decks above the scoop to get good access to the pop ring. Unfortunately when I pulled the second deck off there is a half-inch plastic spacer on a screw that fell off and went down the scoop. Had to open up the play field to get that out and when I went in I noticed the cabinet speaker was only covering half of the hole on the bottom. When I looked at it closely there are three screws sticking up that the speaker should’ve been attached to but only one nut on one of the screws and the other three were empty allowing the speaker to rotate. The remaining nut was loose. I searched all through the cabinet and could not find the other three nuts so I assume they weren’t installed originally. Went through my tool bin and couldn’t find any nuts that worked so I guess I’ll be making a run to Ace but at least I got the speaker back over the hole and tightened down on the one to hold it in place for now. Played three games afterwards and it appears like this the slight bending on the pop worked. I also waxed the underside of the ring on the pop and the back of the scoop where they touched just to make it a little slicker. Looks like it may have worked, didn’t have any hangups after playing 3 games.

#3849 2 years ago
Quoted from Boslaw:

Stern is sending me a new pop ring that has a flat side so it won't get stuck on the scoop.

Who did you contact to get it?

#3877 2 years ago
Quoted from Kez11:

Same here. Just got the reply in less than a day. Happy with their support, so far.

Thanks. The phone just has a message to send an email.

#4267 2 years ago
Quoted from kmad:

Thanks. The phone just has a message to send an email.

I went on the Stern Website last Wednesday to get help with a few issues. Filled out the form and submitted but haven’t heard anything back. Not even an acknowledgment they got it.

#4268 2 years ago
Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

I read this Thread Daily, Seldom Chime In. Thanks to everyone for sharing fixes here!
I was Very Frustrated with the inner loop shot not registering.
I installed the Magnetic Reed Switch (MRS-RUSH). That still DId not fix it. I was still getting fast balls not registering. Still had a fail rate of about 40%
Frustrated I did NOT play the game for a couple of weeks.
donjagra was right! "there is no way the magnetic switch will fix the issue"
I took his advice and used the felt pad fix!
IT WORKED!
I had my best game ever!
15 plus Billion!
The felt pad helps keep the ball low to register properly!
I like the concept of the REED switch. But It doesnt solve the issue
Save yourself some money and get some felt pads![quoted image][quoted image]

after hitting the Inner loop four times in a row and not getting any credit for it I decided to try the felt pad fix. Went in and installed it as I saw in your pictures and someone else’s and played a few games. It may not work every time, but there’s definitely a significant improvement. I need to play more to be sure but this definitely seems to help. Still using the original switch, haven’t switched magnetic yet

1 week later
#4717 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Rush henhouse prototype....not 100% done. I think it needs another row of chickens and the final version will have henhouse in script across the door

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That is amazing!

#4781 2 years ago

I finally figured out why I was never getting all the RUSH targets. The “U” was not registering. Ran a diagnostic and got an error message.My first machine so I really didn’t know what I was doing in diagnostics. Opened up the playfield and found a disconnected wire on the “U”. Need to solder it back. Have an old soldering iron but thought I’d get a new one. Any suggestions for best all around reasonably priced iron for working on a pin? Also if anyone knows what solder(s) they’re using on Rush or any other tips anyone has. Appreciate all the advice everyone shares on. the forum. Crazy how many problems I’ve had for a NIB machine. Fortunately most have been easy fixes tho.

#4925 2 years ago

Question for the pro-waxing crowd. Do you wax over or around the lights in the playfield?

#5091 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

My only problem with this game is that I constantly have Rush songs running through my head. Not the worst problem to have, though!

Same here. Need to listen to other things to get it out from time to time

#5097 2 years ago

for those of you have the game figured out, are there certain modes or times where the time machine stops catching the ball and allows it to go all the way through instead of catching and kicking it out to the right? Mine had done that a few times intermittently, usually during multi ball. But tonight and one other night it seemed like after I’ve been playing for a while the magnet it just quit catching it was just allowing the ball to go through. Was wondering if this is a problem or a feature?

#5104 2 years ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

To those of you using Insider Connect - how consistent is it with actually uploading your game data to Stern? I've been playing the Pro at my local barcade every couple weeks and signing in with IC. There is an access point within 15 feet of the cabinet, and it will somewhat consistently log me in, but even if my IC name is on the screen, it seems like only 1 in 3 or so of my plays are uploaded. Of course it didn't save my 100 million point game the other day It says I have 10 total plays. I suck at the game, trust me - I've pumped way more than 10 plays into the cabinet
This is the only IC enabled cabinet that I've interacted with - do y'all think this is an isolated issue (either interference, poor network set up, poorly placed wifi adapter in the cabinet, etc) or is this common?

i’ve had a lot of issues with my machine but insider connect has not been one of them. I checked and all my games are in there and all my software updates have been relatively straightforward. I have only used it on my home machine though so you’re looking at a completely different situation

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5122 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Do you have a Pro or Prem/LE? I haven't played the Pro, but I think it just goes through when there is no feature lit. The magnet catches the ball when there's a mode start, multiball start, combo jackpot...probably for some other things.

i’ve got the LE. Once the ramp goes up it always has caught the ball. Sometimes during multi ball it would let it go through and I thought that was part of the code. But twice after I’ve been playing a while for long games the ball just continues to go through the time machine so I started wondering if that was normal or not or if somehow it was overheating or the magnet stopped working during extended play for some reason. The next day it started working and catching the ball again

#5193 2 years ago
Quoted from CrashJT:

Fwiw, I just installed the two Stern kits per Stern directions. It wasn't hard at all. The only funky part was dialing in the new trough switch before putting in the new screw that holds it in place. Maybe I was just unlucky, but I guess the way the switch was, it was being depressed without a ball. Maybe spend an extra 5 seconds double checking that before loosely attaching the two opto screws closest to the kicker and note that they're going into plastic, so a light touch on them. Have only played a few games so far, but will try more tonight.
For those worried about their playfield with version 2 protectors (with the forks on top), my experience was that in over 516 games (lifetime 558) my playfield had a very light scratch on the left edge of the front scoop on top of the thin black outline. It's under the new protector now (or any you'd choose to install except possibly Mantis if you did no top protection.) The pictures show the scratch and the rest of that stuff is wax that got under the protector. Pics are a bit out of order, there are 2 of the old fork and protectors. Rest are new. Obviously your mileage may vary.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Video on the install scared me but glad to hear it’s not too bad. How long did it take? On a different subject since you mentioned wax, I’ve been wondering wether to wax the entire playfield or just the would and not wax over the embedded lights? Thanks for any insight!

#5213 2 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

Hey guys. Having an issue with my LE. In between balls I can’t walk away from the pin. It will go into a ball search then launch ball into play. Is this an issue with the recent code update?

I haven’t seen that problem on mine. Had to take a long break between balls today and it sat there playing music the whole time.

#5215 2 years ago
Quoted from CrashJT:

I set aside 2 hours and used most of it. I was slightly distracted with other things. I wouldn't rush through it (no pun intended). I read the paper instructions and also watched the Jon Borg video during the time. I would bet that if you did all that in advance you'd save a lot of the time. Probably doable in an hour.
For waxing, I cleaned with naptha and applied Blitz Wax with microfiber towels. I put it nearly everywhere. Over the plastic inserts for sure. And up the orbit and inner orbit where I could reach. I used only Novus 1 on the plastic ramps. I also blitzed the time machine ramp, but after that I got some really crazy up the TM ramp jumping to the right plastic return ramp a few times, etc. And wondered if it was bad to do that one! What do others think?

Thanks. I plan to clean with Novus 1 and I too plan to use Blitz wax. Wanted to make sure I start out on the right foot and don’t have a mess to deal with later.

#5395 1 year ago
Quoted from Wizrdofwor:

My technical issue is consistent rapid wear on right catapult bumper. The rubber wears out in just two weeks. The wear is on the corner impact. I have no unusual wear anywhere else. I have replaced this O Ring FOUR times already.
I use 2” Rubber O Ring. An added frustration is that the playing surface gets very grimy with all this rubber breaking off in such a short time.
Any advice?[quoted image][quoted image]

I have the same issue. And like you it is only on the right

#5432 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Changing out the switch for a magnetic one.
How often does the new switch register?
>90% ?
I’m contemplating that or getting the Mod plastic piece thats supposed to help… ?
Anyone tried either or both ?

I implemented the felt strip fix a couple weeks ago and it works 100% of the time. I recently also installed the ninja fix that goes on the bottom rail nearer the switch. still registers every time. Sometime I’ll take the felt off and see how the ninja dies on its own.

#5467 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

My 2” titans lasted like 2 weeks on the slingshot

Just the right one? Trying to decide wether to go bigger on both. Have only had a problem with the right one

1 week later
#5711 1 year ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

Inner loop switch.
Tried a couple fixes so far and still not 100%
I read awhile ago about A magnetic reed switch. Did this work?
Is anybody come up with a fix for 100% register yet?

I have done two different things both of which worked. First I use the felt pad fix and that seem to make me register 100%. The problem with that is the felt does not stay attached forever and you have to keep pressing it back on. The felt will detach from the glue leaving the glue behind. I bought the ninja camp fix that clips on the little rail on the bottom of the loop. I didn’t think it would work after installing it but I used both for a while. It continued to register accurately. I recently pulled the felt off and the ninja fixed seems to be working 100% of the time by itself

#5714 1 year ago
Quoted from Fredouil:

HI, I’m interesting to see that, do you have a picture of your installation ? Thanks

Post #4204 on this thread has some pix and a good discussion. I took my felt pad off after the ninja worked.

#5716 1 year ago
Quoted from Fredouil:

HI, I’m interesting to see that, do you have a picture of your installation ? Thanks

Here’s a link to the ninja camp mod although it says they’re sold out currently. It’s really hard to see in the pictures how it works. Here’s a picture of mine if it helps

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1326-ninjacamp-mods/06740-rush-inner-loop-corrector

A5FEBB95-3086-46B3-914A-D7F174262AA2 (resized).jpegA5FEBB95-3086-46B3-914A-D7F174262AA2 (resized).jpeg
#5816 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

My Rush Pro comes in tomorrow. This game got me back into pinball. I had dozens of machines I bought/restored back in the 90s/early 2000s. Sold them off around 2010 as I moved and had no place to store or use them. Anyway, as much as I love pinball, Rush has been my band since the mid-70s. Seen them in concert dozens of times, including their 3rd to last concert in Vegas in 2015. Rush + Pinball is my dream combo, so of course, I’m back in the hobby now.
Anyway, while I doubt this will ever be acted upon, I wanted to add a few songs I’d love to see in a future firmware release. I’ve seen other similar lists in this thread, so perhaps Stern is taking notes. I realize there’s no way even a small number of these would make it. I’d be thrilled to have *any* on this list, honestly.
Additional songs:
Natural Science (pretty please!)
Xanadu
A Farewell to Kings
Bytor and the Snow Dog
The Necromancer (yeah, I know, never going to happen….)
The Pass
The Camera Eye
Witch-hunt
Presto
The Wreckers
Dreamline
Time Stand Still (bonus trivia: this is the only Rush song with a guest singer. Can you name him/her?)
Red Sector A

That’s a pretty impressive list, and Aimee Mann

#5825 1 year ago

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg For those of you who have had issues with your right slingshot rubber breaking prematurely I just got a replacement O ring from Stern today and compared it to the replacement O ring I got from Titan Pinball. As you can see in the picture the Stern one fits inside of the Titan one even though they are supposedly both 2 inch O-rings

#5826 1 year ago

Here they are on the sizing chart in the manual

05A4AF22-BBF2-4FA1-BA1A-25954C1BD605 (resized).jpeg05A4AF22-BBF2-4FA1-BA1A-25954C1BD605 (resized).jpeg6ADBACAB-5189-4B7B-AF17-6B0F068C61E4 (resized).jpeg6ADBACAB-5189-4B7B-AF17-6B0F068C61E4 (resized).jpeg
#5915 1 year ago
Quoted from ShortCorky:

Well this was disappointing, thanks FedEx!
Refused shipment, wait continues.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That’s terrible. My condolences

3 weeks later
#6616 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Here are four song changes, have to work on video footage next. Some text limitation on song name lengths. Vital Signs got cut off.

Nice work and nice song choices

#6650 1 year ago
Quoted from OutpostKodelia:

We put out an updated Ninja fix a little while back. So far the results have been very good from folks who have installed it, though the feedback is admittedly light so far. But what we have heard has been very positive. Haven't heard anything official from Stern, though.

updated ninja fix has been working well for me. I went with just felt it first. That worked most of the time. Added the bottom original ninja fix and those two together worked well. Then I pulled the felt off and went with just the original ninja, it was mostly working but was missing sometimes in the loop. When I got the updated ninja fix it has been 100%. I would defiantly recommend it

#6655 1 year ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

Since updating to the new code my LE Time Machine magnet has stopped holding the ball inside. It just passes right through. It was working fine for about 2 balls then just stopped. Now it doesn’t work at all. Any ideas? thx!

i’ve had that issue on and off since day one on my machine. I don’t know if it’s part of the code or if there’s something weird going on. I asked Stern Tech Support about it and never really got an answer. Sometimes it catches it and sometimes it doesn’t. It seems to particularly not do it during multibalks and if i’ve been playing for a while.

#6656 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Are the issues happening with anyone who downloaded via IC?

I downloaded via Wi-Fi and haven’t had any issues at all with the new code. We’ve probably played 30 or 40 games on it

1 week later
#6903 1 year ago
Quoted from CrashJT:

Thank you Stern Support (Eddie) for quickly handling my split ramp rubber issue. Parts took a while, but arrived today.
[quoted image]

I’ve been waiting on those for almost 3 months. Maybe mine will be coming soon.

#6950 1 year ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

I had opened up a ticket with Stern about this as I've seen it happening on the 3 Rush pins I've played, mine included. Initial response:

After I hadn't heard anything for a while I followed up:

Yeah, it's an easy fix if you've got the tools. But this is another design flaw on Stern's part. Current fixes are for the owner to either modify the pop ring or make it a point to flex the side scoop back down a little bit every now and then.

I was able to take some pliers and bend it up where it touched the scoop just the tiniest little bit. I did that and waxed the back of the scoop in the edge of the pop bumper. That was four months ago when I got the machine and it hasn’t stuck since. It was sticking regularly on every game before that.

1 week later
#7189 1 year ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

Oh that stinks, they’re such little bastards to begin with, let alone trying to find them. Yes, Loctite all the way.
Since you’ll have to go through the trouble of pulling the ramp, to get to all of the screws, might as well get the NinjaCamp replacements and replace those blue nubs with better quality stuff.
Reminds me, I should Loctite the remaining screws I didn’t pull, when putting the NC guards in....

I replaced the blue nubs with Ninjas the first month after one broke and the Ninjas have been holding by well

#7191 1 year ago
Quoted from Theguyoverthere:

On the Pro, whenever the time machine would be down on the premium/LE, the magnet will throw the ball back at you to mimic the bash.
On both models, there is logic for when the ball should go through vs come back at you, based on whether or not side flipper shots are available, or if you just started a mode, or collected a combo jackpot, etc.
The most common case for a premium returning the ball to the flippers is when the ramp is raised from an instrument bonus (lit from completing drop targets), but nothing else is lit there.
In multiball, the time machine magnet should either be off and allow the ball to pass through, or, if there is an award at the time machine it should pull it through.
There is a magnet device test that can test both cases and allow you to adjust some of the timings in diagnostics if necessary

Thanks. This was really helpful. I’ve been wondering if I had a problem or it was changing due to code

#7344 1 year ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

I have the same issue with my magnet, after playing for a while, the magnet will stop working. Then you turn the game off, let it sit for a bit. Starts working again.

Same issue for me. I didn’t know if that was a feature of the game or not for a while. But then I noticed that during long games or if I’ve been playing for a while the ball would go straight through some. But after I shut it down when I come back later it always seems to catch in the magnet again

1 week later
#7692 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I have a problem where my diverter comes down on top of the ball, then seemingly gets stuck that way for a while. I disabled the diverter until I get around to troubleshooting it. I’ve enjoyed the flow so much that way, I haven’t made time to fix the diverter.

I have a similar problem. Started after the last code update. Never did it before then.

1 week later
#7968 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Any of you guys installing the Ninja Camp Rush VUK Protector whether you are having problems with the VUK or not? My main concern is for the hole not to get blown out. I see Cliffy also offers a solution as well.

I installed it on mine and it’s been working well

1 week later
#8187 1 year ago
Quoted from Photopin:

Installed my NinjaCamp Soft Plunge Corrector yesterday and man what a difference. No more lane rattle when attempting the skill shots. A great fix!

I put it on mine and also made a huge difference. I’ve had good luck with all the NinjaCamp mods I’ve installed

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 week later
#8446 1 year ago

How are everyone’s NINJACAMP RUSH TPU SCOOP PROTECTORs holding up now that many folks have had them installed for a while? I Need to do something in the near future and am weighing my options. I’ve installed many of the other NinjaCamp fixes and they have all performed very well.

#8454 1 year ago
Quoted from Kez11:

Perfection here. I can't imagine my machine without them, both the protectors and the sleeves.

Thanks everyone for the inputs. I ordered it today.

#8600 1 year ago
Quoted from Theguyoverthere:

On the Pro, whenever the time machine would be down on the premium/LE, the magnet will throw the ball back at you to mimic the bash.
On both models, there is logic for when the ball should go through vs come back at you, based on whether or not side flipper shots are available, or if you just started a mode, or collected a combo jackpot, etc.
The most common case for a premium returning the ball to the flippers is when the ramp is raised from an instrument bonus (lit from completing drop targets), but nothing else is lit there.
In multiball, the time machine magnet should either be off and allow the ball to pass through, or, if there is an award at the time machine it should pull it through.
There is a magnet device test that can test both cases and allow you to adjust some of the timings in diagnostics if necessary

Don’t know how I missed this post but have been wanting confirmation on this since I got my LE. Thanks!

#8602 1 year ago
Quoted from Starman_2112:

Ive had my first minor part bust on my Rush premium and this is the first pinball I have owned. The rubber on a slingshot busted. Wheres the best place to buy a new one (and any other future minor thing like this) and which rubber is considered the best (Ill replace both). I'm guessing they are not a one size fit all part. Thanks for the help.

I’m going to guess the bottom corner on the right slingshot. That seems to be a common problem area. I’ve started rotating the rubber an inch or so every time I have the glass off and that seems to extend the life of that piece

1 month later
#9525 1 year ago

I need some help. My right flipper has started sticking after about 2000 plays. Went to order new coil stops and sleeves before i start taking it apart and saw conflicting part numbers/sizes on the coils sleeves. Also any recommendations on best quality. I was looking at Pinball life and Marco Everything Pinball.

#9528 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I've ordered coil stops from both PBL and Marco and never noticed a difference in quality. PBL is typically a bit less expensive IIRC.

Thanks. Do you know what size the color sleeves are for Rush?

#9537 1 year ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

My Rush Pro didn’t have a goody bag. Did stern stop giving extra plastics?

Did not get one with the LE either

1 month later
#10373 1 year ago

Wish I was on here more talking about how fun this machine is but mine has had nothing but problems since day 1. You guys have been great in pointing me in the right direction and as a first time owner I've need al the help I an get. I was playing last night and on the third game, in the middle of what was a good game for me (574,000,000), on the third ball the flippers stopped working and the ball drained. The way the flippers stopped seemed exactly like what usually happens when a ball drains where they are turned off until the next ball is launched. From that point forward I had issues . The machine would kick two balls at a time into the shooters lane, and then in the middle of play, the flippers would just stop as they do on the final drain of a game. I turned the machine on and off several times to try and reset but those problems continued. Then there was a period where it would not let me start a game. I could hold the left flipper to add my name or add it with the QR code, but when I hit the start button nothing would happen. Went into diagnostics and ran some checks and couldn't find anything wrong, but I'm a first time owner who's not super knowledgeable and may not have checked everything. Lifted the playfield and opened the backbox to inspect, but again didn't see anything unusual. Turned it back on and it worked fine. Played two games without incident. Tonight went in and everything started up fine. On the third game, second ball at around 250 million the flippers stopped again and the ball drained. Unlike last night, the machine loaded the third ball (only one like it was supposed to, not two like last night) and I completed the game without further issues. I have played three more shorter games with no issues. Any ideas what may be going on or what to check/do? Love this game but seems like I spend more time figuring out how to fix things and repairing than I do playing.

#10377 1 year ago
Quoted from Bill2112Rush:

I racked up a 900 million game a couple weeks back, but I have no CLUE how I did it. It gets a bit mind numbing:
“Collect records then start a song mode and lock the album to activate the Weapon that lives in the house that Jack built”
Most of my games go something like this
ME: Wait…is that regular flash, Fast flash or strobe flash? Crap! There’s a flashin—
GL: “YOU’VE GOT TWO!”
Huh? But I just hit th—
“QUICK! SHOOT THE RIGHT RAMP!”
I’m trying!!
“LOCK A BALL IN THE TOP SCOOP!”
Woo Hoo! One ball loc—oops that was the bottom scoop
“FIVE…FOUR…”
Come on come on!!
“THREE…”
Gimme the ball! Gimme the ball!!!
“TWO”
ball kicks out
“ONE”
Ball drains.
I suck.
*sigh*

Quoted from robm:

This is quite a common issue with many sterns. My Iron Maiden does it. Its a very simple fix. The connectors going to the ball trough are not making 100% connection, therefore the game will think that a ball has drained, hence the flippers dying.
Open the coin door, and there are 2 plugs front and back of the ball trough - pull them down slightly, then push back in firmly. thats reseating the connector - and should fix your issue. It may need to be redone from time to time - for some reason these seem to be problematic on a few different machines.

Thanks for the advice. I’ll try that tomorrow. Crazy how many things I’ve had to fix but I’ve learned an incredible amount about the pin as i’ve worked thru all this. Hopefully this will take care if it.

#10390 1 year ago
Quoted from donjagra:

Are any of the GI bulbs flickering? For some strange reason if any of the GI bulbs are flickering, they can cause the flippers to lose power. Why the two systems are running on the same control board isn't clear to me, but replacing flickering bulbs and making sure the ears on the socket are not touching will fix the issue.

None are flickering but one is a little more faint than the rest. I’ll. check that out. Thanks!

#10402 1 year ago
Quoted from robm:

This is quite a common issue with many sterns. My Iron Maiden does it. Its a very simple fix. The connectors going to the ball trough are not making 100% connection, therefore the game will think that a ball has drained, hence the flippers dying.
Open the coin door, and there are 2 plugs front and back of the ball trough - pull them down slightly, then push back in firmly. thats reseating the connector - and should fix your issue. It may need to be redone from time to time - for some reason these seem to be problematic on a few different machines.

Your solution worked! The smaller of the two pins that’s closer to the plunger was visibly loose. Checked all the other connections just to make sure and played half a dozen games with no issues. Really appreciate your help.

2 months later
#11898 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Oh really? This would be a deal breaker for me.
Anyone else have this ninja loop assist mod and experience this "failure?"

I was getting some movement on my ninja loop assist and had to put it back in place periodically. I took a small piece of double back tape from my wife’s photo mounting kit and slid it between the assist mod and the ramp, and it has stayed in place ever since. Registers all the time now

#11901 1 year ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

I love how this game has ebb and flow to it. One ball only scoring 7mil, then another ball scoring 300mil, lol. I feel bad for our oldest, who was just sitting there waiting her turn.

Funny. That’s what drives me crazy, and keeps me coming back for “one more game” LOL

3 weeks later
#12353 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

Woo, reached both Cygnus X-1 book 1 and book 2 just now. Book 2 has got to be the coolest-weirdest mode in pinball ever. I won it for a billion-plus and a GC of 4 billion. (Despite the weirdness, it really doesn't take a lot of shots.)
I got the Ninjacamp loop mod and yup that fixed it 100%, even just the curve part without the straight part. Remains to be seen if it will slide down the curve at all. It was pretty easy to push around in place before I put the glass back on. I feel it almost makes repeated loops too easy with how much it slows down the ball, but I guess any solution will do that.
Next project is to get up the courage to install the Ninjacamp scoop protector. That involves taking apart more than I've ever done on a pinball machine.

I’m a newb to pinball ownership and was nervous about doing that and other mods/repairs but the instructions were good and I took my time. It turned out great. Do the underneath tunnel mod at he same time if u haven’t already and it will save time from doing them separately. Thought by buying a NIB machine Id be good for a few years before I had to work on it but I’ve already had to repair/ replace a dozen or so things. Machine is playing awesome now (fingers crossed). Good luck.

#12390 1 year ago

Does Rush have a battery and if so how often shoot it be changed out, and should you change it with the pin powered on of off? Thanks

3 weeks later
#12745 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Finally broke a bill on Rush. When you get in the zone this game just flows and is such an amazing experience. I still have so much more room to grow on this game, it just keeps me coming back for more. My other games are getting ignored on the regular.[quoted image]

Congrats. Got my first billion game this week too!
Love the game but it’s very humbling how you can score great one game and crash snd burn on the next one.

4 weeks later
#13392 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Been hung up on that awesome track last few days
WITCH HUNT

Ignorance and prejudice
And fear walk hand in hand

1 month later
#14703 10 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

What's the best NC scoop protector color? Assuming gray or black?

I got the blue but it’s not a great match and I would choose a different one if i could do it over. Work great tho!

1 month later
#15719 8 months ago

General question for you guys with more experience. I got a switch #12 error on my LE and discovered that one of the right flipper EOS contacts had broken off completely about an inch from the end. Seems like a really odd failure to me, but I'm new to machine ownership. I only found it when troubleshooting a different failure. The flipper was still working fine. I ordered a replacement and a couple spares. I could see them wearing out or the contacts corroding but a clean break seems unusual. Thanks.

#15723 8 months ago
Quoted from Magicman:

This isn't an unusual problem. These games take quite a beating during play, and parts do break or wear out. Modern games usually have a "fail safe" for the EOS switch, but it is suggested that you correct the problem. I'm not exactly sure how the logic in the game makes the adjustment for a broken EOS switch, but before that was implemented you probably would have started to smell the insulation on the coil winding melting when you cradled the ball for several seconds. That's how we used to know there was an EOS switch problem. Then you would be replacing the coil and the coil sleeve, as well as the EOS switch. Perhaps someone else can shed more light on how this modern fail safe is implemented.

That makes sense. Appreciate the info and history lesson. It’s amazing how smart the newer machines are.

#15730 8 months ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Back before fliptronics the coil voltage used to run through the EOS switch and flipper buttons. The EOS switch was responsible for adding in the the hold winding when opened. Now that is all handled by the CPU. The EOS is just an input to the CPU to let it know that the flipper is at full stroke. The CPU monitors both the EOS and flipper button. If the EOS is broken it doesn't hurt anything.
The modern Stern flipper assemblies are junk. I route 33 games (mostly 90s Williams and older EMs). I have one Spike 2 on location and that's Deadpool. I have more broken EOS switches, broken coil stop screws and broken coil stops on that 1 game than all others combined.

Wow! That’s insane. i’ve had to fix over a dozen items on my LE in the first year including the coil stops. I thought I was just unlucky. flippers have been better since I installed the new coil stops and sleeves, and I had to do that pretty early on. The only good news from all this repair is that I have learned an incredible amount about the machine and I am now pretty comfortable when I need to go in and fix something. Thanks for the help.

#15739 8 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

Animate blows my mind.

Amazing, I have had zero issues with my game manufactured January 2022. Rock solid.
Learning to fix is all good though!

That’s great. I have a friend with Deadpool who has literally never done anything to it in three years. I guess it’s a little bit the luck of the draw.
Hope it continues for you. It’s such a fun game.

2 weeks later
#16036 8 months ago
Quoted from Magicman:

I also recently bought and installed this piece from NC. It did completely fix the spinner shot rejects as promised, but man was it a pain to install. It just seemed a little too thick. I haven't heard anyone else say this, so maybe it's just my game, but I had a hell of a time getting the back of it in front of the guide wire. Finally loosened the two nuts underneath the playfield that secure the ball guide to give a little more space between the wire form and ball guide, and was able to fit it in, but my index fingers have been numb for two days from pushing on that thing. Probably didn't help that I also replaced the coil stops on all three flippers after that, as those also require some squeezing to compress the spring when reassembly.

I’ve installed most of the NC fixes and that one was by far the hardest to get in. Works well though

2 months later
#16739 6 months ago
Quoted from GoonieKid76:

Hey All! This is my first time actually posting on here. I'm the artist that did the Rush art package. Very cool to read everyone's comments and see all the excitement around the game! I hope you're all enjoying the game as much as I enjoyed working on it. John Borg is the man!!!

Love the game and the artwork. Been a fan of the band since the very first album. You did a great job of capturing the essence of the band.
Well done.

2 weeks later
#17000 5 months ago
Quoted from the_carmanizer:

Has anyone else had their Ninjacamp scoop protector break like this? It looked and worked great ... until it broke. I don't want to purchase another if it's likely or certain to happen again. Just wondering if I got a lemon. Lasted for probably a year on a home game.
[quoted image]

mine broke in a similar spot. Strangely, it’s split the length of that side piece going down not a clean break across as you might expect. Mine is blue. I don’t know if some colors are more prone to breaking than others. I messaged ninjacamp last week, but haven’t heard anything back. Trying to decide whether to go with another ninja camp or use the Stern replacement.

#17002 5 months ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

So many people complain about La Villa, I must be one of the few who's actually on Team Villa. Would YYZ be good for pinball? Sure. But I've always lovvvved La Villa, it's such a journey and so representative of their style. And while the middle section is fairly mellow and not necessarily 'good' for pinball, it's one of those absolutely beautiful solos where Alex takes his time and makes the guitar sing. I don't mind slowing down my game a little to appreciate it and then get pumped as the song starts to build up again. The more intense bookends do work really well with the game.
Plus, YYZ would've been yet another song off Moving Pictures -- you'd literally have more than half the album! So many other works to choose from, spread the wealth!

I find the slower part of La Villa Strangiato very relaxing when I’m in the middle of a game

#17006 5 months ago
Quoted from Big_G:

Anyone have any issues with the ramp diverter? Mine doesn’t move all the way up all the time and the ball gets held up temporarily. Newbie, so looking for some advice that could save me some time investing the issue. Thanks.

I too, am a newbie and used to have that problem. I tried everything to fix it. Finally I just turned the power up and that worked. Has worked perfectly ever since.

#17012 5 months ago
Quoted from Big_G:

Thanks, I turned the power up a smidge when I upgraded the code, but still happens. Do you remember what you set yours to?

Setting#14 Ramp Diverter Power is set to 145.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 35.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Cabinet - Other
WilliPinball Mods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kmad.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1?tu=kmad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.