20240410_181338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_184826850.MP.jpg
IMG_5558 (resized).jpeg
PNG image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6461 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #91 Rush song list Posted by Bill2112Rush (2 years ago)

Post #1378 RULES. Link to RUSH Rulesheet Posted by Av8 (2 years ago)

Post #1389 TECH: SWITCHES. Lockdown bar action button not working - fix Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1818 MOD: SOUND. Amp DIY upgrade for RUSH Posted by TinyBlackDog (2 years ago)

Post #2123 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter lane adjustment to stop rattling ball launch Posted by Coyohtay (2 years ago)

Post #3107 TECH: SOUND. Headphone Jack no-boot when installed workaround Posted by AUKraut (2 years ago)

Post #3632 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Scoop losing track of balls. Posted by Schwaggs (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jpc211245.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#33 2 years ago
Quoted from Calgedy:

Getting an LE!!! Cannot wait. Got multiple mods already........

What mods have you picked up? I like the Rush flippers for sure.

1 week later
#247 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

hoping to hear that the scoop issue is resolved before LEs go on the line. Im not the best pinball tech so I hope I dont have to do pinball surgery before playing my LE!

I absolutely agree. This is my first LE and first NIB too. The last thing I want to do is try and attempt a fix.

#288 2 years ago

I stopped watching streams and listening to podcasts. I appreciate what they are trying to do. However, when they either don’t know or don’t like Rush then it absolutely dampens the excitement or the chance to get a true review. The biggest part of this theme for me is the music and it’s not even close. If you don’t love Rush then just about anything said about the pin loses credibility IMO.

1 week later
#523 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

where did you find those ?

I picked up a pair on Amazon.

ProMark Neil Peart 747 Shira... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000EEHKHI

#678 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Wish the Camera Eye was the “crank it up” mode in Rush.
Shot objectives shift with transitions on the track.
Would have been glorious!!

I think it’s the most missed song on the pinball machine. I’ll never forget seeing them play it live, the crowd went wild!

Next biggest misses IMO.
The body electric
Roll the bones
The enemy within

#969 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Dude ,I saw your machine its safe.

I hope mine was too! Congrats. Simply can not wait.

#974 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

You buy from same place too ?they said they all looked like no damages on boxes anyway.

Yep I sure did! Glad to hear they looked good. Any idea how many total were allocated? Trying to figure when delivery might be.

#1048 2 years ago

Got the call and scheduled for 11am Friday! Beyond excited. First NIB, first LE, and the most excited I’ve been for anything! Can’t wait to pour one!

#LivingintheLimelight

63F303A6-3DB5-4E07-9255-CE59E9B98ECA (resized).jpeg63F303A6-3DB5-4E07-9255-CE59E9B98ECA (resized).jpeg
#1169 2 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

I received LE #800 two days ago. I've been tweaking it and here's what I've learned...
1) For a music pin, the sound quality isn't that great. It definitely needs a subwoofer and more high-end frequencies from the backbox speakers. I can barely hear the cymbals. I have another Polk 10" PSW108 on the way from Amazon ($250). I've found this to be the best sub for the price and it supports connections to two pins. The 4 ohm/8 ohm setting is under Utilities, but this only changes the volume. It does not improve the sound quality, which I expected being an engineer and understanding how impedance works. However, there are 10-band equalizers for both the backbox speakers and the cabinet speakers. On the backbox, I recommend increasing the midrange bands a little and the treble bands a lot. Do the reverse on the cabinet speaker, increase the bass bands. This makes a small difference, at least until the subwoofer arrives.
2) I wanted to make sure the playfield was exactly 6.8 degrees, as recommended by Stern. Usually, this makes all the shots and angles correct as the playfield designer intended. However, I noticed that no matter how much I lifted the front of the pin, the level bubble didn't move. Then I discovered that the level was not properly seated in the bracket. Push, click, fixed. After leveling (it was too high), the issue I had where my manual ball plunge was not hard enough to drop the ball to the upper flipper is now corrected.
3) The flipper strength on my machine was much to strong. Balls were flying everywhere and I was worried that things would get damaged, especially the scoops. The game was also impossibly fast and I was getting all kinds of strange deflections into the out-lanes. I lowered the strength from the default Hard to Normal and the machine plays like a dream. My first game after this correction, I was hitting all my shots, getting multi-balls, and making progress instead of watching cheap drains. I can now perform multiple loops with the left flipper and the right ramp shot is actually easier to hit.
4) My biggest complaint is the fan noise that kicks on every few minutes for about 20 seconds. I assume that this is to cool the CPU but wow, it's like someone plugged in a Hoover. Is there anything that can be done about it?
I will say that I am pleased how Stern has upped their game recently (pun intended), especially the big improvements like the quality of the cabinet artwork, the Expression lighting and the mirrored back-glass. There are a lot of little things, like the wires that keep the speaker panel from hitting the glass and the nice labels in the backbox. If they would just spend the extra $50 (wholesale) for some better backbox speakers, which on a music pin should be a no-brainer. They could also enclose the cabinet speaker and add a port, which would dramatically improve the bass.
I've been a huge Rush fan all my life, one of those people that you see in the documentaries, that explain how Rush music changed their life. I may be a bit biased but I love a well designed pin and Rush LE looks and plays like a thing of beauty. I am really looking forward to the finished code

Great info. The first thing I will do is set the flipper strength to normal.

#1356 2 years ago

First impressions…… floored!

The greatest pinball experience of my life has been for about the last 30 minutes now! I don’t know what to say but I will update as soon as I can collect myself. For interests its the pinball machine of a lifetime, without question. The abundance of crisp aspects are incredibly eye pleasing! Too many to cover yet.

Here’s a quick video.

#1373 2 years ago

Just a couple of blurbs about fine tuning so far. I’ll be the first to admit I am no expert.

I did set the flipper strength to normal (default hard) and then turned it back to hard. I figured I’d stay on the same page as stern for this so far. The ball does get airborne however.

I turned the music impedance to -25 (default 0) and it was significantly louder.

Adjusted both the black box and cab equalizers to replicate what I use in a stereo for rock music (left high, mid middle, right high). Not sure if this is correct for a pin but it seems to sound strong.

Updated via wireless to .89 and it took about 45min.

Those are the only changes so far. The pin is amazing with an incredible light and sound show. Great flow and super fast.

#1385 2 years ago

Playing well but having an issue where the auto plunge button is not registering both when plunging and entering initials. I lights up and springs fine but not registering? Any ideas what might cause this. Lockdown bar is buckled and seems to be in place. Thanks.

#1386 2 years ago

For reference it works when I remove the button and press it with my finger, but it seems like it has to travel far to register.

8808C092-6E36-4F90-91EA-248F3017735E (resized).jpeg8808C092-6E36-4F90-91EA-248F3017735E (resized).jpeg
#1388 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Bend the back blade of the switch closer. My Godzilla was the same way. The back blade was just too far away to make contact when the button was depressing the front blade.

You are referring to pressing down on the top of the brass piece to make it closer to the opto light? Thank you

#1390 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No, the short blade underneath.
If it's not registering because the blades are too far apart, you want to bring the back part of the switch up towards the longer piece with the plastic nub on it.
[quoted image]

Thank you. That worked perfectly. Very appreciated!

#1453 2 years ago

Rush is absolutely amazing. The flow and speed pairs remarkably with the music. So many cool modes and I am sure it will only get better. Marvelous!

The scoop however is concerning.
After about 40 total plays my LE scoop appears to be taking a hammering. The fork on the left side of the protector looks to be rising up, and on the same side the protector appears to be caving inward.

All balls look clean and there does not appear to be any functional issues with the ball return at this time. I reached out to tech support a short time ago.

401220BB-5B84-462E-AEE7-5B158B40A529 (resized).jpeg401220BB-5B84-462E-AEE7-5B158B40A529 (resized).jpeg50920B21-28A6-4CA9-B32D-22372C22B977 (resized).jpeg50920B21-28A6-4CA9-B32D-22372C22B977 (resized).jpeg
#1608 2 years ago

I know there are a lot of threads about waxing pinball machines. I was wondering if anyone here has experience with this wax? Would like to use it on my Rush as soon as I get to play a few more games. Thank you

6E2C7AE3-0791-4084-ACDC-02CEC0ECC821 (resized).jpeg6E2C7AE3-0791-4084-ACDC-02CEC0ECC821 (resized).jpeg
#1610 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Boo. Have to deal with hazed up residue that you wipe off before polishing, which I hate in a pinball machine playfield. End up with hazy wax crap in your star post bases, etc. P21S has spoiled me.

Thank you, Is this your preference for wax?

966E8771-7E3D-483B-AA54-A23CB863E462 (resized).jpeg966E8771-7E3D-483B-AA54-A23CB863E462 (resized).jpeg
#1626 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

This isn't the final fix. This was a band aid while the final fix is being finished.

Yes this is absolutely accurate. I am told they are “close” to having another fix. Hopefully this is the final fix for the scoop.

#1768 2 years ago
Quoted from gandamack:

What is your opinion on this: if I put in an order with a distributor for a Premium today or the next few days, would I have a 100 percent chance of getting a pin with the new scoop design (fix)? It is my understanding that the Premium models are the last in line to be assembled and shipped to distributors, but maybe I am mistaken.
Thx

Hard to say. I was told they are “close” to having the next protector fix completed. What close means is anyones guess but I would hope so.

#2062 2 years ago

In terms of the sound, can anyone tell me if buying the headphones adapter with good set of headphones is as good as the amp/sub combo?

#2063 2 years ago
Quoted from Calgedy:

My pin cover.[quoted image]

Love it! I am using one to eliminate paw prints.

#2065 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Grab an LE while you can.

I agree. With the scoop is looking far improved now, and the code is young, This is a remarkable theme and flow that is huge winner IMO. Additionally no new Stern games until August puts a lot of focus on the most recent production which is Rush.

Interested in what the topper will be because I heard Borg say it was going to be something very specialized.

#2066 2 years ago
Quoted from ccw2112:

Headphones are an amazing experience but different… I dig both set ups
[quoted image]

Was it difficult to install? Total apprentice here, if that.

#2326 2 years ago

The 3:35 mark. Another level even for the greatest band ever IMO.

#2391 2 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

Happy new code released already!
Couple things …
I opened up left lane one notch and makes a difference during game play for sure
While in the middle Of doing the same to the right out lane I realized how much work it was going to take and I bailed.
You pretty much have to remove the whole plastic ramp and red lighting or you’ll pull the wires out.
Another thing I noticed was the left Target on the metal ramp to the right was leaning to the left from fall hitting it a lot.
This would interfere when the ball would Come back down through the spinner Lane and bump it out
At first I thought this was a nice feature and they had something up there so it didn’t drain down the middle but it was the target
Leaning to the left.
You can tighten two nuts under the playfield
After straightening it
[quoted image]

I had the same issue. Had to adjust the target back to the center and then realized I had knocked off the sticker during game play. Looked everywhere for it and at the same time the scoop stopped ejecting. Turns out the sticker was at the bottom of the scoop and was prohibiting the ball from ejecting.

0B5F360E-BAF4-4D4A-A341-B7739FC371C2 (resized).jpeg0B5F360E-BAF4-4D4A-A341-B7739FC371C2 (resized).jpeg39976052-B4A6-4BD6-8D43-88DF22E26A66 (resized).jpeg39976052-B4A6-4BD6-8D43-88DF22E26A66 (resized).jpegFF9AFBEE-BC6E-4E55-8F79-58EF5DACEB38 (resized).jpegFF9AFBEE-BC6E-4E55-8F79-58EF5DACEB38 (resized).jpeg
#2394 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

A piece of 467MP will adhere that sticker back to the target like new and you'll be back in business.

Thanks. I was able to reapply the sticker but have noticed the target is already shifting back towards the spinner side. The screw on the underside of the PF is challenging to tighten due to the wires being plugged in above it. I am always hesitant to remove those white connector plugs as they don’t feel too idiot proof.

#2406 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I lost mine also can’t find it .

Check your scoops!

#2418 2 years ago

Played a couple of games with the new code and the expression lights are much more vivid on Spirit of Radio. Impressive.

#2420 2 years ago
Quoted from Photopin:

I'm not really digging this Straight Down the Middle change in the new code.
Not sure what happened but I installed the new code and had a game where I barely got to touch the ball.

What do you mean by the “straight down the middle” code change?

#2469 2 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

So today I had 4 balls sitting in lower trough at same time then a couple minutes later 3 balls hung up in time machine at same time .Pretty interesting.
I have also had a ball rest on top of metal divider of right side flipper lane.
Wonder if this is a magnetized ball.
Anyone else ?

Last night I had a ball hung on the metal divider on the right flipper as well.

#2474 2 years ago

Just received an email response from Stern technical support saying that the scoop fix is in the last steps. No eta was provided.

Badly needed after about 100 plays on the LE. The left fork appears to barely be hanging on as the protector buckles just beneath it.

EAD11B45-895E-4E40-BF02-02CB37CFC4D0 (resized).jpegEAD11B45-895E-4E40-BF02-02CB37CFC4D0 (resized).jpeg
#2503 2 years ago
Quoted from Craziestsinge:

Nope! Not me, but my brother-in-law is...
Here's the story if you're interested...

Great video! Nice to see everyone enjoying it.

#2584 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Here’s a better picture of my Premium with the scoop fix. I really don’t mind it.
[quoted image]

I agree. If it works then I am fine with it.

#2717 2 years ago

Spoke to Cliff this morning and we are “very close” to having a full set of protectors for Rush. I was told they are beautiful.

#2750 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Rayday Rush Tutorial stream!

Somewhere in the 12min mark I could hear the rest of side 1 of 2112. I had not heard that in the game before because I usually don’t get that far. Not sure if it’s always been there but it sounded great!

#2797 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

well its been about 3 weeks since I brought it home and I am very happy with this homerun of a machine.

Totally agreed!

#2857 2 years ago

Does anyone notice reduced lower flipper strength since going to .90?

The flipper strength is set to
max. I think that is 260 now. Seems like the lower flippers are not as strong. Also watching Rayday’s tutorial below it appears he has lots of power.

#2861 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Max is 255, and yes, it's weaker than medium setting on .89. Maybe even weaker than the softest on 89. I'm sure it's designed to save the battering the scoop takes

I feel the same way. If it is softer, do you think it will revert to its earlier strength in a later update once the scoop is solved?

#2895 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Anyone know if Cliffy fix is incoming soon ?

Yes, sounds like very soon.

#3016 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Our engineering team has has also discovered that premium/LE versions of the game may have an additional metal bracket on the underside. We've developed this solution for both configurations, however we would prefer to know as we can slightly tweak the part to
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I posted in the wrong thread earlier. Wondering about the additional bracket on the underside of my LE scoop? Not sure if this is it?

B6E65BDA-6511-4C89-9AA4-7A3CE0C1E261 (resized).jpegB6E65BDA-6511-4C89-9AA4-7A3CE0C1E261 (resized).jpeg
#3096 2 years ago

This is a fantastic solution! Just bought one. Hookup was simple and the sound is amazing. Love the mute button, and the ease of volume control. Also hooked up a subwoofer off this setup and it has changed the experience!

#3193 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Sorry for going dark for a few...but I do have a day job (believe it or not). I was able to get everything listed on my Pinside store this evening. You should start seeing the lovely adds at the bottom of the page, or you can click one of the following product links to place your order. We're already behind (big surprise) but we're cranking this out rapidly. Additional shipping supplies are on the way and we're getting geared up! If you're ready to order now, rest assured it will be in your hands as soon as we can possible get it done. All orders will be filled in the order in which they are received.
Here are the product pages:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1326-ninjacamp-mods/06616-rush-tpu-scoop-protector-full-protection
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1326-ninjacamp-mods/06618-rush-tpu-scoop-protector-partial-protection
Hopefully I covered everything in those. I recorded some stupid videos today just to better illustrate what we're working with. I'm sorry I didn't have a routed piece of plywood, but trust me, the 2x4 is softer.

Do you have any pictures of the bare wood after removing the scoop protector with the test plays?

#3205 2 years ago

After 175 games, Rush is unquestionably the greatest pin experience of my life. Below are a few specifics.

Rush - no other music comes close anywhere IMO. The underlying theme!

The flow and number of shots just keep me saying “one more game”.

The expression lights have really gone to another level in .90. Spirit of Radio and La villa are marvelous.

Very deep early code that appears to just be getting started.

The speed layout with the height differentials in ramps and wires.

The artwork and “crystalized” look that comes off the back glass and cabinet.

The callouts are laced with Rushisms, very entertaining!

Huge amount of HD video content integrated into the pin currently.

Dynamite combo of classic pinball targets and latest mechanical endeavors. (Marcos interview yesterday)

Passion for this project - Borg, Ed Robertson, Alex & Geddy just to name the obvious.

Lastly, it sounds like there will be a pretty dynamic topper to come.

#3206 2 years ago

Do most people recommend pin blade protectors? Especially with expression lights on Rush.

6F26AF10-A212-4054-8F37-83761FD5714F (resized).jpeg6F26AF10-A212-4054-8F37-83761FD5714F (resized).jpeg
#3212 2 years ago
Quoted from Boslaw:

I just opened my LE tonight - first NIB for me and so far I'm loving it. A few questions though:
1. How do I get the blue ears? Just email Stern? Not sure if I'll install them but I'd like the option if my scoop gets beat up.

Contact your distributor for the scoop protector kit. Once it’s fully vetted and released stern will ship it to your distributor. My distributor told me today that they do not know when it will be shipped out yet.

#3213 2 years ago

Boslaw Can you screenshot a picture of your QR code then use the screenshot over the scanner on the game? I think I had a similar issue.

#3324 2 years ago

Can anyone give me an adjustment tip? This is the rollover switch of the left mini orbit which is not registering too often. I know the answer is to change the type of sensor but hoping to find another fix for today if possible. I have lowered the upper flipper strength to 175. Thanks.
8F0F1A50-D0DC-4CCD-BB08-C36EFB541486 (resized).jpeg8F0F1A50-D0DC-4CCD-BB08-C36EFB541486 (resized).jpeg

#3331 2 years ago

Thank you! That seems to have worked well so far. I also noticed that my upper flipper was still set to 192 strength. I reduced it to 180 and the orbit seems to be scoring consistently.

#3357 2 years ago

Any guesses why the front scoop and perhaps both scoops are intermittently ejecting the ball with very little force? It’s causing middle drains. It Seems to have just started and do not think it’s related to the protector. Thanks.

#3409 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Check under the playfield to see if any wires are interfering with the mech. It’s a long shot, but a definite possibility.

Thanks for the info. I checked underneath but did not see anything obvious. Could it be due to overheating if the scoop ejects getting a lot of action? Attached is a short video as it happens on the third eject. Thanks for any input.

#3411 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What's your scoop eject power? Too low scoop eject power made the ejects inconsistent for me.

It’s set to the default now (175?). It was a bit lower but I changed it in hopes of correcting the problem. It did not.

#3421 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

185 is the default on mine. I tried 175 and got the kind of inconsistent results you're seeing. Whatever yours is at now, set it to 185 and see if that helps. If not, bump it up 2 at a time and test until you get to 195 and see if any of those 5 steps gives you better results.

Thank you. My correction - the main scoop was set at 185 (default) and my side scoop is set to 175 (default).

I upped the main scoop power to 189 and so far it’s performing much better. Do you keep your side scoop at 175?

Thanks again for all the help. I appreciate the veteran pinball community assistance to those of us are new because of Rush.

#3578 2 years ago

After 185 games I removed my scoop protectors a few days ago. I was very pleasantly surprised that despite the protectors being thrashed the playfield looked outstanding. I will mylar it up in prep for an aftermarket protector I ordered.

#3583 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

are those shipping now

I have one ordered from ninja. Not sure when stern will ship there’s.

#3597 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Yeah there’s no way you can bend a pop bumper ring. Mine (pictured) doesn’t have this issue but I can see how it could happen. If it were me, I’d mark exactly where the pop bumper ring hits the scoop, take it to a grinder and remove about 1/16”-1/8”.
[quoted image]

Couldn’t you take a pair of wrapped pliers and add a tad more bend to the trouble area?

#3605 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Yeah, maybe. I’ve never tried to bend a bumper ring before, could be possible.

I was thinking the scoop lid might be easier to “adjust” with pliers. Or Perhaps a very small flathead screwdriver could help create a gap. I would think a couple of mm would do the trick.

#3866 2 years ago
Quoted from epeabs:

Probably the better solution is to remove the protector and mylar under it into the scoop opening. I wanted to play my game upon setup and didn't exactly want to do a partial topside teardown to mylar. I chose to mylar over the metal protector into the scoop opening.

Is there a trick to getting the mylar to stick to the wood inside the scoop?

#3869 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I don't think it will stick. I believe you need to wrap it through and around the opening and attach under the playfield if you're going that route. I just did mylar up to the bevel and used clear nail polish for the interior wood to toughen it up. Worked well since the B/W days on scoops, so I expect it will be ok here, too. We'll see.

I did the same. I used your Sally Hansen clear nail polish advice and then cleaned, waxed, and put mylar to the edge of the scoop. Holding up great so far. Thanks!

#3874 2 years ago

Here are my scoops after about 185 plays I believe. The front scoop was even worse but I’ve been playing with the metal the last few days.

The thing that surprised me was when I took the scoops off they appeared to have been severed by the fork at some point.

D28602E4-B812-4F09-B500-9B38D7BB57E6 (resized).jpegD28602E4-B812-4F09-B500-9B38D7BB57E6 (resized).jpegD87C7D67-CC2B-4E39-B90F-1CDB897C7E1D (resized).jpegD87C7D67-CC2B-4E39-B90F-1CDB897C7E1D (resized).jpeg

DE4017D6-0D53-4B15-A99E-5F7A93D86848 (resized).jpegDE4017D6-0D53-4B15-A99E-5F7A93D86848 (resized).jpeg
#3875 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

And for those reading, you want the sally hansen clear nail polish, NOT the "hard as nails" Sally Hansen nail strengthener.

Thank you for “clearing” that up, lol and the tip too.

#3972 2 years ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

Have a premium on order will be here in April, I have the chance to get an LE is the juice worth the squeeze or just sit tight

I think the LE is stunning and definitely worth the extra cash. The expression lights are amazing. The mirrored back glass and crystalized cab are title specific, and loaded with an incredible sheen. Add the side amour and shaker, and it completes the package. Even down to the gold bolts really makes it functional artwork.

#3984 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Got my NinjaCamp protector installed and after three games here are my thoughts:
*Color was a bit darker than I expected in person but still prefer it over black.
*It still bunches up in-between scoops a tad and I followed instructions to not over tighten posts, no big deal but maybe make the material a little thicker in that area going forward.
*The front scoop is a little harder to hit with it installed, this game probably needs it anyway just because it's a long player in nature.
*Great protection so far and will see how it holds up putting more games on it
Thanks to NinjaCamp for giving Rush owners options because Stern has not offered a permanent solution as of yet in my mind.
[quoted image]

Great info. Did you have to remove the bottom of the scoop(s) to install the protector?

#4051 2 years ago

After about 225 plays I noticed one of the Blue Time machine ramp bumpers is about to fail. I’m sure it’s normal wear accelerated by my constant bricking.

2DB8D26D-8E39-4870-A69C-E5288F6D3745 (resized).png2DB8D26D-8E39-4870-A69C-E5288F6D3745 (resized).pngF3CD5732-57A0-4E14-B302-A4539307F58C (resized).jpegF3CD5732-57A0-4E14-B302-A4539307F58C (resized).jpeg
#4063 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Nah, that would have made both of those shots harder. It’s fine as it is. Hopefully the pads will be easy to replace.

Yep I called stern with the part number and they got right back to me and are sending them out.

#4177 2 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Anyone else getting the ball stuck on the ramp here at the top of the flap? The V notch catches a slow ball whether the ramp is up or down and you have to shake it hard enough to tilt to get it off. I have no idea why there's a V there because a straight across cut on that flap wouldn't hit the ramp when it goes up or down. Ball search moving the ramp does nothing to knock it loose.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Could it have anything to do with the balls becoming magnetized?

#4295 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicman:

I've been trying to reach Stern support. I called and the message said that all support was being handled through email. So I emailed them, and someone got back to me through email within a few hours, but it's been a week since then and no parts and they won't reply to my follow-up inquires. How have you been able to call and actually speak to someone?

No I have not spoken to anyone as it’s all been over email. I asked for a status update yesterday and they said my request was forwarded to the parts dept. and I’d hear from them. So far nothing else has happened.

#4460 2 years ago

The blue rubber on my time machine is in bad shape. I ordered a new one from stern but so far nothing. I tried both electrical and gorilla tape and neither will hold up. Any suggestions please?

Might there be something from Marcos that can work?

49AADEA2-2A33-4D19-9384-D80C69C753B8 (resized).jpeg49AADEA2-2A33-4D19-9384-D80C69C753B8 (resized).jpegC9062394-10E3-49F2-B066-2EEC1E3AFDBE (resized).pngC9062394-10E3-49F2-B066-2EEC1E3AFDBE (resized).png
#4465 2 years ago

Thanks. I started removing a few parts. Unless I’m wrong this is a bigger job than I thought. I appears the entire plate has to come off and the screws are very tucked away. Might involve several other parts.

15FBB526-6CC0-4B5E-872B-5EEB877BCDAC (resized).jpeg15FBB526-6CC0-4B5E-872B-5EEB877BCDAC (resized).jpeg572BD93F-7305-4F8F-9CDE-4F417E3DADA1 (resized).jpeg572BD93F-7305-4F8F-9CDE-4F417E3DADA1 (resized).jpegC62FBDAB-026C-4ED2-938A-5E3D01C93A61 (resized).jpegC62FBDAB-026C-4ED2-938A-5E3D01C93A61 (resized).jpeg
#4470 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

OutpostKodelia actually modeled some of these up in TPU. They seem to work amazing! I wasn’t really thinking about getting into that business, but if a lot of people are having issues maybe we should toss them out there. We might be able to just mail them in an envelope and keep the price down.

I absolutely need a pair. Was able to remove the old ones by just taking off the two forward screws and gently opening up that area. No major issue.

#4772 2 years ago

A little off topic I know. If anyone is part of the Rush fanatics group on FB this is the final vote for the top Rush song of 64 song tourney. It’s remarkably close. It think Xanadu should be on our machines regardless. Maybe we can add it in the future?

7762299C-B06E-4C08-8B9E-A065A2C22005 (resized).jpeg7762299C-B06E-4C08-8B9E-A065A2C22005 (resized).jpeg
#4827 2 years ago
Quoted from bouche03:

Maybe I missed something, but did you get this addressed by Stern, and if so, what was their response/solution? Also, I know many if you are using the Ninja protector, but has anyone went with the Mantis or Cliffy kit yet (if that's available...), and if so, how are those doing? I finally got my LE back from Stern after being speared by a forklift with R/L Carriers during shipping. 5 weeks waiting for the repair, tough to be patient!<

Maybe I missed something, but did you get this addressed by Stern, and if so, what was their response/solution? Also, I know many if you are using the Ninja protector, but has anyone went with the Mantis or Cliffy kit yet (if that's available...), and if so, how are those doing? I finally got my LE back from Stern after being speared by a forklift with R/L Carriers during shipping. 5 weeks waiting for the repair, tough to be patient!

Up to now I have not received replacement bumpers from Stern. I’ve emailed back and fourth and they said the order was going to the parts dept.. I’ve asked for an update but have not received one.

1 week later
#5210 2 years ago

About to replace the ramp bumpers. Does anyone have insight or advice when removing the time machine ramp? Thanks.

514A2685-B6BA-4D9F-BA2D-41795C3626AD (resized).jpeg514A2685-B6BA-4D9F-BA2D-41795C3626AD (resized).jpeg5D39552F-7A57-48C0-A440-EEBA5E905122 (resized).jpeg5D39552F-7A57-48C0-A440-EEBA5E905122 (resized).jpeg628DAEBC-7E90-4BD7-B041-81C0D9D92A94 (resized).jpeg628DAEBC-7E90-4BD7-B041-81C0D9D92A94 (resized).jpeg
#5216 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Why are you removing? I thought I read you can loosen just remove the screws to replace from the top.

I did repair the bumpers without removing the ramp albeit it was a struggle. I think I read that was not the correct way to do it and to actually remove the ramp instead.

#5219 2 years ago
Quoted from OutpostKodelia:

IMHO, this is the best way to replace the ramp bumpers. This is how we're recommending people who upgrade to our bumpers go about it. It's a little extra work, but it makes everything easier and you can do it on a table instead of leaning over a pinball cab.
http://mjf.me/Pinball/Rush_TPU_Ramp_Guard_Installation.pdf

Done. It was very easy to pop out the ramp and do it outside the pin. Super simple process. Thanks!

1EA737A1-73FC-45F0-AD73-C69CA55203CE (resized).jpeg1EA737A1-73FC-45F0-AD73-C69CA55203CE (resized).jpeg842132EF-9D77-4E32-8991-E3471F8DB483 (resized).jpeg842132EF-9D77-4E32-8991-E3471F8DB483 (resized).jpegAEC4EBE0-2134-485F-8498-2D996B85652C (resized).jpegAEC4EBE0-2134-485F-8498-2D996B85652C (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#5697 1 year ago

Congrats to all the new owners. The game is absolutely marvelous, my favorite all time.

A ton of props to all the mod makers. There is so much amazing Rush stuff out there. Bravado!

The Ninja scoop protector is really operating very well after about 80 games. I put mylar under it.

The Ninja ramp protectors are doing a great job too after about 50 games. They are very subtle and effective. The left stock ramp protector was toast after 200 games.

I needed to replaced the right slingshot rubber after 240 plays.

Using Blue Titan flipper bands and also trying Marcos superbands. The Marcos are much stiffer.

Carbon steel balls from ball Barron have been dynamite for about 100 plays so far. They respond well to waxed playfield it appears.

Playing with headphones (Bose q35) is absolutely my favorite way to play. So immersive. Crystal clear, concert volume. I used pinnovators headset/subwoofer option. Remarkable. Definitely the best pinball mode I’ve ever experienced.

I love the Cygnus mini mode option but i am not really sure what I am doing yet. Now that we can pick Cygnus to play a full game, I’m wondering if there is any chance we could get another song or even two in a major update? An “encore” topper or something uniquely Rush. I’d like to fantasize and nominate 3.

Xanadu
Roll the Bones
Vital signs

#5707 1 year ago

This is the one I use and it seems to work outstanding. No residual wax, and the game plays dynamite.

P21S 12700W Carnauba Wax https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002LOP5E4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_PVSQN707VYKNFC4WFPPQ

1 week later
#6164 1 year ago

Last night my scoop stopped firing. Turns out it wasn’t the switch but rather the plastic piece on my coil severed off. This is for the upper scoop. Any suggestions or comments on getting a new one is appreciated.

26A8738D-8F3E-4A92-A96D-7A2B7685598E (resized).jpeg26A8738D-8F3E-4A92-A96D-7A2B7685598E (resized).jpegC47E7DB8-2715-4224-AF3E-D20EC8688D65 (resized).jpegC47E7DB8-2715-4224-AF3E-D20EC8688D65 (resized).jpegF28A3CE1-CA87-472D-B865-6E9D3896D1E9 (resized).jpegF28A3CE1-CA87-472D-B865-6E9D3896D1E9 (resized).jpeg
#6179 1 year ago
Quoted from Diamond:

Can anyone help me out here? I installed the new subway switch stern sent along with the scoop protectors. I keep getting this operator alert. If I put the old switch back in everything works fine. Any ideas why I’m having this issue?
[quoted image]

I had this same error during this process and here’s how I got mine resolved. Like mentioned, I got into the switch test with the balls out and then placed a ball into the scoop. If nothing happens the take the scoop out along with new switch. You want the switch situated so a light hit from the ball in the subway triggers it. Usually a slight bend in the contact will help. Took me some trial and error while listening for the click of the switch. Watch for the play in the contact and it could dust be drooping too far from the contact.

#6227 1 year ago

Can anyone tell me if my tilt bob is missing something? It does not appear to be connected to anything on the inside of the cabinet. Also it does not register when raised and shaking the pin.

#6231 1 year ago

Thank you for the help! I’ll take a closer look at the missing connectors soon. Appreciated

3 months later
#9134 1 year ago

A friend got this light up mod for me. If I wanted to mount it above the scoops, where is a recommend spot to attach the clips? It is Supposed to run on standard lamp voltage. Thanks ahead of time.

7E5F1A69-D77E-4031-82CB-EB0FC79062B8 (resized).jpeg7E5F1A69-D77E-4031-82CB-EB0FC79062B8 (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
2 months later
#10426 1 year ago

I am sure this has come up before, but is there a possibility the Rush topper has an extra set of songs? (Xanadu, Roll the Bones, Camera eye, and Body electric) For Rush I would pay for it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 16.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jpc211245.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1?tu=jpc211245 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.