20240410_181338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_184826850.MP.jpg
IMG_5558 (resized).jpeg
PNG image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6461 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #91 Rush song list Posted by Bill2112Rush (2 years ago)

Post #1378 RULES. Link to RUSH Rulesheet Posted by Av8 (2 years ago)

Post #1389 TECH: SWITCHES. Lockdown bar action button not working - fix Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1818 MOD: SOUND. Amp DIY upgrade for RUSH Posted by TinyBlackDog (2 years ago)

Post #2123 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter lane adjustment to stop rattling ball launch Posted by Coyohtay (2 years ago)

Post #3107 TECH: SOUND. Headphone Jack no-boot when installed workaround Posted by AUKraut (2 years ago)

Post #3632 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Scoop losing track of balls. Posted by Schwaggs (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joetechbob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1129 2 years ago
Quoted from ian866:

Thanks for the close up photo, this is definitely wearing through the clear coat and damaging the playfield. I'd advise seeking clarification from your distributor as to how Stern intend to resolve this issue and what the time frame is to bring it to customers.
Our LE is in transit, it will not be getting used until the scoop has been sorted by either Stern or Cliff.
[quoted image]

Thanks for sharing pics. I think I'm going to lay down mylar that wraps around those exposed edges and put protector back on top of that. I might also put mylar down in the saucer/upkicker as I think that will chip over time, too.

I put mylar down straight away on back side of drop targets, 3 return ball drops, shooter lane, and drain to ball trough.

#1339 2 years ago

Initial impression: great shooting, fast game here. Can't believe how smooth it is...Really impressed with the layout. Like it better than GZ.

Confused as fuck with the rules though. Need to watch a tutorial or something.

#1380 2 years ago

Are the leds under the song mode inserts rgb? It'd be nice if they were lit to match the song's target record color. I'm too feeble minded to remember which one is which. (I don't think this mapping is on the display either?)

#1383 2 years ago

Nice. This seems like a must have. I'm kind of surprised those lights aren't colored out of the factory given the rules approach.

#1404 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

I know this is the club thread and know most here (similar to myself) are probably big Rush fans, but I just got my LE and played it several times last night and feel a bit like I am missing something that everyone else is seeing.
Did you all immediately like the game? Because (so far anyway) I am not feeling any love for this game. Feels like the 2 scoops are like a black hole in the center of the playfield sucking everything into it… and the ruleset feels (again, so far) confusing and chaotic. Hoping with more plays something will click for me.

Game shoots amazingly well, but IMHO the rules are nigh on impossible to understand/enjoy without having fully read the rules sheet (tome)/watched a video. So make sure you do that. It greatly improved the experience for me.

(The core rules go way beyond what's understandable via inserts on the pf, unlike eg GZ, where you can basically just figure it out in a couple of games. Rules sheet at times feels a bit more like a spec sheet for a complex hardware/software system than for pinball. Eg, see active multiball light patterns instead of just having inserts. That said, it gives a ton of rules flexibility which will be a nice long term net benefit.)

#1574 2 years ago

That's funny, the shots on the LE don't feel bricky/tight to me at all (well maybe the side ramp a bit?). Rather, almost too easy out of the box. I would say I've had more bricks (especially the saucer area) and a harder time staying under control on GZ.

That said, while I'm actually enjoying the rules now they are super unintuitive all the way down to which mode will start, how to start mbs, which mb will start, etc. If I were pumping in quarters on location and didn't take the time to read the rule sheet, I would probably feel a bit frustrated. (After unboxing, I had basically 0 fucking clue how/why anything was happening after 5 or so games. HAD to read rules.)

Also, I find my enjoyment is at max when I have the lights low and volume cranked up and get in a zen like groove (feels AMAZING). Probably won't get this at most locations.

#1686 2 years ago

If you haven't yet, be sure to lay copious amounts of mylar around the dead end saucer, in particular, at ball transition edges. Could see that the clear coat (chipping) death knell was about to ring.

My right scoop protector is starting to bend up pretty badly too. 'Bought time to pull those up and lay mylar wrapped down into scoop, straighten and replace.

#1730 2 years ago
Quoted from LargemouthAss:

My LE #626 arrived yesterday and WOW! This is the fastest pinball machine I have ever played! I lowered the flipper strength to Normal and it seems like plenty of power. I do not know the rules at all (I will be studying the rule book today) but I was able to put up a good game (for me). It took me a few games to get used to the left orbit, I would hit the shot and the ball would be in the trough before I realized what happened, SUPER FAST!!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Absolute scorcher! And super smooth.

As the game is super fast and has lots of ball drops and transitions, be sure to lay down plenty of mylar. I was noticing early signs of clear coat chipping on ball transitions, specifically the dead end shot. I also pulled up my scoop protectors last night and put down mylar. Good news is that protectors seem to be doing their job, even though they are becoming slightly deformed.

PXL_20220302_044807327.jpgPXL_20220302_044807327.jpgPXL_20220302_044815829.jpgPXL_20220302_044815829.jpg
#1746 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Mine is nice and smooth 90% of the time. But we've seen games like the reveal stream where it was always slow. So I'm betting there is just some misadjustment going on?

On mine, if it's a solid made shot then it zips around.

Are you running medium or high flipper power? Game slope and level good?

#1757 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I have the same problem when I flush.

lol, where the fuck were you on that one autocorrect

#1781 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's the same on med or high. The shape of the diverter just seems to stop the ball when it's coming from the right ramp and then diverted to the right. The left ramp diverted to the left works great.
I did a little test...I flipped the diverter around...and with the curve now at the lower part of the diverter, the right/diverted right shot was SUPER smooth. Unfortunately, without the curve on the top-left, the left ramp shot gets blocked.
So, I did a little mockup. I think if the diverter was shaped like THIS, the right/diverted-right shot would be really smooth and fast. Anyone smarter than me wanna try metal fabricating or 3D printing a diverter in this shape? I think a metal diverter would be great, because then you wouldn't have to worry about the thinner part cracking.
New shape mock-up:
[quoted image]
Stock diverter:
[quoted image]

Your concept does look like it would be an improvement. Would be fairly straight forward to scan, modify and then 3d print. And would probably hold up ok with PETG. Maybe I'll give it a go this weekend if I get some free time.

I'll double check what mine looks like too.

#1913 2 years ago

Wish it fed the left flipper instead

#2051 2 years ago
Quoted from Photopin:

There's been a few people (including myself) post about this, but so far no one's provided a solution. With me it happens on about 80% of the soft shots where I try to set up the Skill Shot.

On mine it sometimes glances off of the wire guide rail on the left hand side. I think I need to adjust the angle of the shooter rod as I've found that it's better if I pull the head of the rod slightly to the left as I plunge.

#2242 2 years ago
Quoted from Bwheels:

Mine has 100 plays and both protectors are lifting and look pretty beat up. Wood in lower scoop wearing. I have stopped playing until a permanent fix is in place. Haven’t taken the protectors off so I’m hoping the clear coat hasn’t chipped off.

Remove protectors, lay down mylar and then replace straightened protectors.

For mylar: One square covering entire hole (inch or so margin around hole), then with an xacto knife, cut an X shape such that you have triangular flaps for each edge. Fold these flaps under, forming them to the sides of the hole. Then, a second layer: Cut rectangular strips that are wide enough to cover each edge of the hole, and long enough to cover from the black key line to under the playfield (about an inch margin).

Don't forget to add mylar to the dead end/up kicker shot to prevent chipping there.

Attached a photo of mine with mylar. Can hardly tell it's there.

PXL_20220308_181101941.MP.jpgPXL_20220308_181101941.MP.jpg
#2265 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Has anyone been able to get confirmation if this is okay from Stern? I emailed asking if I could put mylar under the protector without voiding my warranty? or if I didn't and the protector damaged the playfield, would they replace it? They won't confirm either way

I wouldn't get my hopes up for a populated replacement playfield if there is damage--with or without mylar--unless it's really, really bad. (That said, mylar will all but guarantee no damage when combined with the protector)

Just my 2 cents, but I wouldn't leave it to chance...

#2664 2 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Updated my LE to .90 and did more testing. I think there is a bug in the physical lock code:
Enable physical locks in Adjustments feature #5 (this is off by default for some reason). This will allow locking balls under the playfield in the little window.
Lock a ball. A new ball will be fed into the shooter lane. (Correct)
When the second ball drains, the game goes into ball search and ejects the ball from the lock.
I checked all the trough and lock switches and they seem to be working.
Anyone else tried enabling this?[quoted image]

I don't recall mine doing this. Bad switch?

#2672 2 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Did you change yours to physical locking? By default it’s virtual locking.

I did when I first got it and fairly sure I've locked a ball since .90. Could be mistaken though.

#2772 2 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

How did you get the mylar to curve around the hole uniformly so no kinking up etc?
I have automotive grade thick mylar that is used to protect car hoods from stone chips. Thinking of using this for that scoop.

Lay a piece over the hole with plenty of margin. Cut an X shape with an xacto knife so you have triangular shapes to fold against each edge. Now, cut 4 rectangles that fit each edge and stretch from black key lines and wrap around to underneath of the pf. Replace protectors on top.

#2871 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Max is 255, and yes, it's weaker than medium setting on .89. Maybe even weaker than the softest on 89. I'm sure it's designed to save the battering the scoop takes

Agreed, way weaker. I had mine set to medium on 0.89--went to crank it back up to high after the 0.90 update and was disappointed it was already set to 255

#2938 2 years ago
Quoted from gandamack:

To all the owners of multiple Stern machines:
In your honest assessment, does Rush have more or the same amount of issues when compared to other Stern nib machines?

Mines been solid. Elvira and STh by far the worst I've had from Stern.

#3065 2 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

Curious question to long time pinball owners.
Has anyone ever put a thin coat of water based polyurethane or tried a thin coat of clear flex seal (liquid rubber)
On the inner non painted wood parts of a scoop?

Just use mylar

#3077 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

It’s hard to get mylar to stick to end grain. It might work once you make it less porous.

You just wrap it around -- outlined a method a couple of times if you look at my earlier posts.

#3638 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, just going up to the bevel and reinforcing the interior with clear nail polish. For the sake of simplicity. A wrap around mylar that goes into the hole would be a drag to install and likely not stay put that well without additional screws, etc under the PF. I'll keep an eye on it and report any issues that may crop up, but I don't expect any.

It's pretty easy actually. Outlined a method earlier in an earlier post and it stays put just fine and protects well.

Your products are great, but if folks can operate a pair of scissors and an an xacto knife, they would be better off spending $20 on a giant roll of mylar and/or buying the ninja protector.

1 month later
#6188 1 year ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Just got my Rush LE - love it!
Everything seems to play well but I have noticed a few times when I shoot the upper left orbit with the VUK, it sometimes bounces back at me instead of going in the hole and ejecting into the ramp. Anyone seen that behavior and have a fix?
I'll need to start reading this thread to figure out what else needs fixing - and to learn how to play. So far I'm loving it!

I put some weather strip foam at the back to deaden the ball.

Make sure you put mylar back there too.

#6347 1 year ago
Quoted from Photopin:

So, apparently from what I've been reading on her lately, if they just changed the theme, the music, the videos and the code Rush would be a pretty good game?

So, I didn't give 2 shits about the band Rush before the game came out. Turns out I've been a Rush (band) fan all my life, just didn't know it.

On top of that, the game is an amazing shooter. Rules are good too (a bit overcomplicated, or at least not self discoverable; *have* to read the rules sheet). I've been playing it the most out of all the games in my collection for a while here.

I personally think it will go down as a modern classic. I have more fun playing Rush than GZ (e.g.), by quite a lot, actually.

#6366 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

The Time Machine shot is light-years better than the ring shot on LOTR. I occasionally get a ball stuck up there, but not very often, and a ball search clears it.
I’ve noticed since I took off the Stern V3 scoop protector that the bottom scoop shot is actually harder for me. I’m getting more rejects. And I don’t ever see the ball sneak in from the side, like I thought it would. I’m thinking of putting my “limited edition” Blue Marge back on.

I hope they can add a "patriot missile the levitating ball" shot. That was so sweet in LOTR (when it worked ).

#6376 1 year ago

You folks waiting on a Prem should just go grab an LE while you can. Expression lights are a must have and that's going to bump you up to like ~$9700 on the Prem. Then if you throw in hd glass, shaker motor, armor and mirrored backglass...

Saw some LEs had been going at or even a bit under MSRP, but seems to be trending up as of late on asking price.

#6377 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I can't order anything through Pinside, as my credit card company thinks it's a scam site and the sale gets rejected. Anyone else encounter this?

Mine went through okay

#6452 1 year ago

Heads up for you folks still waiting on a premium: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-rush-le-upgrades#post-6940768

Nice deal if you're within driving distance.

#6685 1 year ago
Quoted from Loganpinball:

Ramp and wireform link
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-left-ramp-to-right-return-wireform-mod-started-design
Adding a link and a few pictures for the ramp and wireform mod. 75% done. Really changes the overall look. Once I get these done I will post a play video on the linked topic above. And I will only be posting on that linked topic after today. I just wanted to follow up with posting the link and a few pictures for anyone interested.
Thanks, Jay
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wasn't looking to change out ramps but would love a mod that made the dead end shot feed the left flipper

#6727 1 year ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I'll preface this by saying that I still have to read all the rules.
I have an LE, and have never seen the outline Ball Save light up. When I played a Premium on location a couple of days ago, the outline ball save turned on several times. So that leads me to believe that it's either a setting or maybe there's a switch(es) that aren't working for me to activate it? What am I missing?

IIRC this is enabled when you hit the RUSH targets enough times. Or maybe it was ramp hits?

3 weeks later
#7422 1 year ago

Group is rated 19th. LE reviews look positive overall. Not sure there's a conspiracy here

Or maybe I'm missing something

#7434 1 year ago
Quoted from RobT:To me, Rush is actually better than Godzilla, both in terms of theme, rules, and even being fun to shoot.
And before the Godzilla nut huggers get on me for being biased, I own both of them. They are sitting right next to each other (both premium versions). If anything, I should be more biased towards Godzilla since it cost more and it's the newer pin in the lineup.
Rush is definitely underrated (yes, both as a pin and as a band)!

Agreed

3 weeks later
#8184 1 year ago

I usually add a little mylar over the front and back edges of the drop target slot as well (fold it over).

2 months later
#9777 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Not surprised your GNR isn't getting much love now that Rush is in the house. I sold my GNR LE after a few months of trying to love it...in the end, the game just isn't for me (biggest complaint is the arcane scoring...). Sold my GNR LE for 9.5k and picked up Rush LE for 11.4. Very happy with the "trade". Food for thought. Rush LE is still fairly priced for LE's...might think of upgrading

LE is a no-brainer on this one--especially at current prices, which seem to be trending up. Get a deal while you can.

1 week later
#10047 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeSinMD:

Looking for a rush premium in Maryland/DC/Va area. Anyone?

See if you can find a good deal on a used LE. Rush is one of those games where it's easily worth the current difference w/ expression lighting, mirrored backglass, shaker motor, armor, invisiglass.

#10049 1 year ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

Hey guys,
I hate to say it, but Rush is not better than Godzilla. I was wrong.
They're both great games, and Rush is still Borg's best work which I'm happy to own, but Godzilla is the winner on a couple different aspects and for the number of shots and ball paths.
I still love Rush, but Godzilla eeks out a win here. For those Die Hard Rush fans, including myself as a loyal fan of Rush, the theme is timeless and the game is furiously satisfying, but Godzilla takes it.

Meh. I got bored of GZ LE after a couple of months and was at the point where I didn't want to play it anymore. Very, very, cool mechanically, interesting shots and a cool theme, but just didn't connect with me otherwise. (I guess I did find the right saucer shot frustrating at times which didn't help given it's so key to the game?)

I wasn't the worlds biggest Rush (the band) fan (only really knew Tom Sawyer before I got the game), but the game immediately hooked me and still gets the most play of my games ~half a year later. (It probably doesn't hurt that I now find myself really liking Rush [the band] and it's become one of my sons' favorite bands [he requests Subdivisions literally every time we're in the car] -- so that may be part of the reason I got hooked so much?)

2 weeks later
#10400 1 year ago

Different game, but on my LOTR's Balrog a pinched wire had severed the conductor insulator of the insulator. It made switch hits randomly not get detected (the two halves of the conductor would still make contact but randomly disconnect w/ vibrations) which about drive me nuts until I finally figured out what the hell was going on.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
6,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersburg, IN
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 229.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 8.00
Apparel - Unisex
arcade-cabinets.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joetechbob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1?tu=joetechbob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.