IMG_3100 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240411_225620072.MP (resized).jpg
20240410_181338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_184826850.MP.jpg
IMG_5558 (resized).jpeg
PNG image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #91 Rush song list Posted by Bill2112Rush (2 years ago)

Post #1378 RULES. Link to RUSH Rulesheet Posted by Av8 (2 years ago)

Post #1389 TECH: SWITCHES. Lockdown bar action button not working - fix Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1818 MOD: SOUND. Amp DIY upgrade for RUSH Posted by TinyBlackDog (2 years ago)

Post #2123 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter lane adjustment to stop rattling ball launch Posted by Coyohtay (2 years ago)

Post #3107 TECH: SOUND. Headphone Jack no-boot when installed workaround Posted by AUKraut (2 years ago)

Post #3632 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Scoop losing track of balls. Posted by Schwaggs (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider insight75.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#239 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

It's a must that I have one for every game I own. Love the look of these banners - they look great when you use those velcro 3M strip wall hangers.

I love the banners but I have too many machines and not enough wall to hang them.

#263 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Compared with another example tonight. This game has about 560 balls played on it.
This one has a better front edge… not as stepped, but you can see it a bit in the other edges. I didn’t look close enough when setup to know if it’s rounding with use… or just a better cut.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
The side scoop has just a tad of lifting on one side… but isn’t impacting play at all
[quoted image]

This looks like hell. And it looks like hell where the ball would never touch.

1 week later
#394 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Anyone else getting balls stuck on the left side ramp drop to flipper?
I have had to pull the glass twice to fix this.
[quoted image]

Undo the lock nut and move the ramp slightly. Have this issue with new sterns all the time.

#395 2 years ago
Quoted from JeepSnob:

Any suggestions on where to get the mylar folks are talking about as a temp fix? Does it come off cleanly later once a final fix is provided or is it stuck forever?

Marco has it in sheets that you cut to size.. I've had no issue removing later on. I use this on my shooter lanes until the cliffy's come. I think some say to apply wax first for easier removal.

1 week later
#564 2 years ago

I'm paid in full!!!!! SOOOOOOOOOO excited!

#565 2 years ago
Quoted from bouche03:

Unfortunately I'm on my own today so no help with getting legs on etc so might be staying in the box for a bit

If there is a will....there is a way! Look at it as a challenge! I will check back in an hour to see if you are done.

#605 2 years ago
Quoted from bouche03:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very cool of you to post pics so quickly. Very interesting fix on that scoop.

#828 2 years ago

#69 LE for sale in the marketplace. That didn't take long!

#880 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I hope you kept one for yourself Todd

He has one there.....

#941 2 years ago

If you are able to get it out, does the bolt looks stripped at all? If you can get it out, it may be good to get a tap and put it through to clean up the threads. I've had to do this on a number of machines (usually older ones)

#950 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

So, try putting it in first, take the top one all the way out. It's just an alignment issue, never run the first one all the way tight. Put both in loosely and snug evenly

Agreed. Don't be afraid to push that puppy a little bit and drive it in. I've had to do this too if it was a little misaligned but if that doesn't work then pull up the Playfield and have a look.

#993 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Maybe today…
[quoted image]

If they didn't call for appointment, it likely won't happen. Ask me how I know. They just called and told me Monday. I said, "Great, when can I pick it up?". They are calling Stern now for approval. They must hate pinball guys. We are like kids on Christmas morning.

Edit: Haha...I just saw the post above about Christmas eve.....great minds think alike!

#1105 2 years ago
Quoted from prl867:

I volunteer at a place that operates a Rush Pro model. On the 35th game, the scoop metal crane buckled and prevented the ball from entering.
One of our techs did a deep dive and attempted to secure it. On about the 90th game, it buckled again.
In my humblest of opinions, this is the worst design flaw to come out of a Stern game since the reels and power supply issues in Whoa Nellie.[quoted image]

Oh crap. What's this issue with Whoa Nellie about? I have a Primus! Hope its resolved now!

#1120 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

More pics by request, showing the sides of the lower scoop, focused the pics on the inner edge of the wood. For those not following, this is on an LE with 104 plays.
Im definitely seeing wear on the wood, more on the right side than left. I can't see the condition of the PF underneath, it's not visible around the inner edge because of the metal shape (remember the tabs on the Pro, I think these are the same piece but with the tabs cut off).
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
PF around the outer edge of the protector appears to be intact. White lines you see in these pics along the edges are reflections/glare. I dont know the condition underneath as I have not removed it.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Looks like the protector is bent up as its not secure in the front. Perhaps needs some double stick tape in the front?

#1136 2 years ago

Just got back from Fedex.....LE in da house!!!!!! Now....I don't know what to do about the scoop!

F5101CEF-BA61-47DA-A863-71295B953106 (resized).jpegF5101CEF-BA61-47DA-A863-71295B953106 (resized).jpeg
#1149 2 years ago
Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

GNR LE finally lands here tomorrow after ordering in Dec 2020. That's gonna help distract, admittedly...

Insane! I can't believe you had been waiting that long.

#1298 2 years ago

OK thats it. I'm not playing any more games. I just played my FIRST game and then stopped to look here. Ouch! Question.....I'm waiting on the code update.....and set it to lock all balls in the scoops but now when I drain, it goes in to ball search until it kicks it back out. Is this a bug in the original code?

#1334 2 years ago

Can someone confirm.....when you have the scoops set up to hold the ball in the lock, and then you drain, does it go through ball search before spitting the ball back out of the lock?

#1347 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

I haven’t seen that happen, but have only played about 6 games since I enabled the right scoop lock. Not sure I’ve drained with a ball in the lock - I’ve generally started Far Cry on the same ball, or some other multiball that does eject the locked ball. I’ll take a closer look tomorrow. Got plans this evening.

Thanks. I stink but when I got to multiba all was fine. But if someone can confirm I would appreciate it. I’m on latest code.

#1363 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The LE has a functioning protector- I wouldn’t tell anyone to take it off. The first run pros are in different boat.
Your scoop is fine. You are always going to get the wood showing some contact like that unless it has a mantis style protector. What matters is when the impact area starts becoming a crater.
I do hope the updated protector includes the side coverage because the game does wear the hole on both the left and right side of the scoop. The le stopgap doesn’t… but we are told it is not the final iteration.

If the wood is still exposed after the final fix from Stern, I will put a thin coat of clear 2 part epoxy inside to protect it. I've done this on other machines and it worked pretty well.

#1407 2 years ago

I love the game. I do need to dial in the sound...doesn't sound great yet. Have no clue what I"m doing but I feel like that is how Rush is supposed to be. I have no idea what most of their lyrics or art reference are about. Its fitting! I'm also trying to avoid the scoop but others in my family play and wack it every time. At the end of their game I'm like, "ok lets play a different game I see some dirt on the plalyfield I'd like to clean up". I don't like being like that but I'm totally babying this game right now due to the scoop.

#1447 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Now that I have my music trilogy (AC/DC, Met, Rush), I’m debating whether to put them together or keep them in separate spots. Visually I think they’ll look cool together - but I feel like if all 3 are being played at once, all that competing music becomes an issue.

I go music pin every other for this very reason. Love how they look together but its a lot of music when played next to each other.

#1469 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I used a new razor for the majority of the goo, then Windex took care of the rest.
And yeah...that tape goo pisses me off every time I get a game. Use painters tape, maybe?

Painters tape may peel off.....they should just put it inside the cabinet. I had a lot of goo on the playfield glass as well from that blue wrap.

#1470 2 years ago
Quoted from PKingRoch:

Sorry about that. I have a special edition coming and I want those for it.

Pro or Premium I think you mean.

#1508 2 years ago

I'm seeing some really long game times although not with a hole lot of points as I have no clue what I'm doing yet. I'm finding the out lanes likely need to be adjusted. The stock position (easiest) does not see a lot of action. That's not something I usually complain about but I may move them to the middle at least.

#1675 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I just don't like the way they play, the way they haze up and can bubble, and if you keep the playfield waxed, you're fine without them. It reminds me of grandma's couches with the plastic on them.

DSC_0739-e1517412218278-1024x632 (resized).jpgDSC_0739-e1517412218278-1024x632 (resized).jpg
#1699 2 years ago

If someone gets sound that’s real good please post the settings. The more I play with it the more I think it sounds good and then I come back the next day and it sounds like garbage. lol.

#1883 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Thoughts on the Gold Vein used on the Hobbit? I think that would look sharp![quoted image]

I have this on my Maiden. Here is an example.

35101B1C-CC73-42E7-B151-8611D158259F (resized).jpeg35101B1C-CC73-42E7-B151-8611D158259F (resized).jpeg
#1887 2 years ago

I found the gold vein here and had it done by Steve.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-can-powder-coat-your-pinball-armor-for-29500-plus-return-shipping/page/5#post-6748897

By the way.... I have Hobbit as well. Only difference really is that Hobbit has a clear coat on top as it looks much more glossy.

#1912 2 years ago

Mine did the same. Hit that shot over and over. I was ready to turn the game off on her... lol

#2016 2 years ago
Quoted from HemiOrange09:

I had a few customers ask me about that powder coating color change that would make the RISH LE pop more... After looking at lots and lots of colors. I came up with this one for a customer's RUSH LE and added some more of my Refinery upgrades to it. This is Pinball Refinery edition #1.
I am more than happy to powder coat anyone's LE to this color. I strip all of the armor raw metal and start fresh. Just PMe if you're interested in having yours done.
Thanks,
Steve
Mi Pinball Refinery
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This is sweet. Very nice and how it should have come.

#2249 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

Don’t forget the shaker motor and real knocker kit. If you want the expression lighting kit, get one on order from your distro as well as topper.

Is it possible to order the topper now before its been released?

#2353 2 years ago
Quoted from jsm174:

#352 found its home after a 15 year "dream" theme wait!
(Actually glad it took that long considering all the advances in pinball tech.)
[quoted image]
Quick question if someone can please check and answer. Roughly how far back is the plunger tip from the edge of the auto plunger?
I can't seem to manually plunge the ball with any power. It's bad enough that I've been using the auto plunger all the time.
Compared to Transformers, it seems much further back:
[quoted image]

Every damn time I see a Pin moved to the lift gate from the truck I start to sweat that its going to fall off.....

#2374 2 years ago

Download so slow. What is Stern still on dial up for internet?

#2435 2 years ago

I had to adjust the contacts on the switches of my slings. Ball was hitting one of them pretty hard and it wasn't firing.

Still have only played about 15 games because I'm holding out for the final scoop fix. I know...... I have issues....

#2585 2 years ago

Ok how do I get the scoop fix so I can play the hell out of it?

#2673 2 years ago

Did the new scoop fix erasers need to be that thick? I think if it was the usual thickness it wouldn't look too bad.

#2942 2 years ago
Quoted from Flypie:

Yes it is an actual lock. In the settings it looks like you can tell it to keep the balls until multi ball starts. It defaults to just a virtual lock. I was kinda wondering why it defaults this way? Issues maybe? I haven’t tried it as a physical lock yet.

Its not properly coded yet I believe. I have mine as a physical lock and it goes in to ball search at times. Others have stated the same.

Quoted from gandamack:

Just wondering if this title is the Pontiac Aztek of Stern machines?

It sure isn't as ugly. lol

#2955 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I have physical locks enabled and gotten Far Cry MB dozens of times without a ball search. Very cool that the Pre/LE ejects balls from both scoops.

I've only had the problem when 1 ball locks and then I drain BEFORE Far Cry MB. Will have to check in to this more if others are not reporting the same issue.

#3078 2 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

Curious question to long time pinball owners.
Has anyone ever put a thin coat of water based polyurethane or tried a thin coat of clear flex seal (liquid rubber)
On the inner non painted wood parts of a scoop?

I have used clear 2 part epoxy on exposed bare wood. I have not done this to Rush but I used it on the Hobbit where the wood started to get eaten up.

#3177 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Looks like it's filling part of a knot. I get it that wood is imperfect, especially when you're cost reducing to crappier quality as Stern has continued to do, but the fact that they couldn't be bothered to sand it flat was the part that irritated me.

I agree that is annoying and sloppy. If applied right it wouldn't have needed sanding.

#3625 2 years ago

Hoping this is what its looking like down at Ninjacamp.....need protection asap!!!!

image2 (resized).jpgimage2 (resized).jpg
#3773 2 years ago

Go back to this post if you didn't see it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/41#post-6812805

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Can you put up a few more pics of your game please? Would love to seecan overhead of the rails and lockdown bar. Thx

#3776 2 years ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Hopefully, I have a premium arriving in May or June. Question: if you could go back in time and do something protection-wise before your first play, would you? I mean would you replace the scoops with Ninja and lay mylar in the scoop area? I read through what to do with the game settings, but my concern is doing some type of preventative work before I let the ball fly. Am I being over-cautious or should I just play and do the eventual repairs as they come? If I do some type of preventative repair before playing, what exactly do you recommend?
Thank you

Yes, I would definitely protect before the first flip if possible and always turn down the coil power for the ball load to shooter lane. Cliffy or Ninja for sure although you may get the rubber sandwich fix on your premium.

#3883 2 years ago

I prefer the double marge simpson hair scoop protector

1 week later
#4429 2 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Just installed the Ninja replacement scoop protectors, took about 40 minutes start to finish. Played a bunch of games, they seem to work really well! I'm happy that the original angles of the game are kept in tact, so the ball can bounce off the RUSH targets into the lower scoop, etc, as originally designed which is very nice. I think this will hold up for me at home just fine. I'll still get the Stern protector once they offer it in case a future owner wants it but I'm not installing it, gonna keep this one on. Thanks for making this!
One thing, I think there may be a typo in the instructions. Regarding the screws circled in yellow, it first says:
"Premium/LE: You have an extra plate that needs to be loosened to remove the protector.
Back out the screws shown in yellow about 1/8”."
Then later it says:
"Premium/Pro: Once your protectors are removed, go back to the yellow highlighted screws you loosened in the
previous step and tighten them back down. The new protector will sit under the plate."
I think that second part should say "Premium/LE" rather than "Premium/Pro"?[quoted image]

Protector installed. Life is good. The install went fine....although I always miss stuff when I read directions and took out all the screws I was supposed to just loosen. No biggie though to put back. So great to play and not worry anymore. I did not keep the fork as I felt it tore up my balls

#4430 2 years ago

Duplicate

#4552 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I just ordered two Ninja sets (one for me and the guy I pay to be my friend). If these things aren't as good as you guys made it sound, I know where to find you.

and if we are right, you still know where to find us and we will appreciate the free beer you give us.

#4623 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Ugh. Im in the middle of installing my ninja scoop on my LE. Was putting posts back in. Dropped tool….first time ive ever messed up a playfield. Chipped a small area near the inner ramp. You wont be able to see it from the players perspective, but i know its there. Ugh. Im an idiot. I put a small piece of mylar on it. I guess thats all i can do?

We've all been there. Don't sweat it. In just a few days you won't care that much. Play it and forget it.

#4785 2 years ago
Quoted from the_carmanizer:

I discovered that my ceiling is too low to tilt the playfield onto the back of the machine. The wife and I had to work in tandem with one another - one holding the playfield up while the other removed/installed the parts. What an ordeal. If anyone knows of work-arounds with the ceiling issue please let me know. The only option I can think of is a hydraulic table (remove legs and lower machine). I was hoping to buy Expression Lighting when it's available, but I don't know how I'm going to possibly remove the playfield.

I usually wedge a 3-4 foot long piece of 2x4 between the cash box and the rail under the playfield in this situation. I have an issue where framing around duct work in my basement won't allow the playfield to lift all the way for a few of my machines. Just be really really careful it is secure.

1 week later
#5334 2 years ago

Took like 10 tries to get it to start downloading......

#5337 2 years ago

I wonder if the ball lock in the scoop is now enabled and that issue fixed.

#5342 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Connect or USB? Really, USB is so much easier, downloaded in 25 minutes, transfer will take less than 10

I usually use Connect but perhaps I should use USB in the future.

1 week later
#5561 1 year ago

Responded to old post. Ignore.

6 months later
#10793 1 year ago

My ninja camp protector has a rip. Anyone else seeing this?

IMG_1091 2 (resized).JPGIMG_1091 2 (resized).JPG
#10795 1 year ago
Quoted from pete_d:

Were you an early buyer? My recollection is that they had problems with the first iteration of the design, and the second iteration is more robust.
Whether you have the first or second iteration, I'm sure that if you contact NinjaCamp they will replace it for free. As near as I can tell from the posts I've seen here, they've been responsive to customer issues like this.

Yes I got mine fairly early on so perhaps that is the issue. Still waiting on a response.

#10799 1 year ago
Quoted from jid:

Same. I reported my issue on a Fri and the new one was in my mailbox on Tues. they are aware of the issue on early ones and have been really good about shipping free replacements. During the holiday weekend they could be slower to response but PM them and I bet you’ll have a new one fast!

OK. Good to know. I will wait and see if I can get the replacement. I do have the Cliffy in waiting but really like the look of the NC.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 16.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 275.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 8.00
Apparel - Unisex
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Cabinet - Other
WilliPinball Mods

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, GA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider insight75.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1?tu=insight75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.