IMG_6410 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2562 (resized).jpg
IMG_2578 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2574 (resized).jpeg
20240322_163542 (resized).jpg
20240322_163631 (resized).jpg
20240319_194137 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #91 Rush song list Posted by Bill2112Rush (2 years ago)

Post #1378 RULES. Link to RUSH Rulesheet Posted by Av8 (2 years ago)

Post #1389 TECH: SWITCHES. Lockdown bar action button not working - fix Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1818 MOD: SOUND. Amp DIY upgrade for RUSH Posted by TinyBlackDog (2 years ago)

Post #2123 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter lane adjustment to stop rattling ball launch Posted by Coyohtay (2 years ago)

Post #3107 TECH: SOUND. Headphone Jack no-boot when installed workaround Posted by AUKraut (2 years ago)

Post #3632 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Scoop losing track of balls. Posted by Schwaggs (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider guinnesstime.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#171 2 years ago
Quoted from BobLangelius:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Mark me down for one -- maybe two -- if these are being made.

#254 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Cary on the scoop issues

"The scoop issues aren't good, guys." <end of video>

#345 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Any more pro reviews from recent deliveries?
I’m thinking about pulling the plug in favor of a Mando Pre. Toughest pinball decision I’ve had to make!

I have a RUSH LE coming, but I couldn't resist the wait and just picked up an LE last week and am really liking it. Usually I get a game and play it a little here and there, but this one I'm addicted to. They layout a fan layout but feels so different. There are a lot of moments where you're tying to collect a hurryup etc. that gets the blood pumping. The Super Jackpot shot is brilliant. Great that you can backhand a lot as well. Custom callouts and theme integration is excellent.

If you're a Star Wars fan, this is the best pin to have. Feel free to PM with questions.

Back to Rush...

1 week later
#531 2 years ago

Waiting on my LE. This will have to do in the meantime.

Rick Beato "What makes this song great?": Limelight

#626 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Beautiful
And I love the Tragically Hip also, I'm originally from Kingston!

gord-downie-tragically.gifgord-downie-tragically.gif
#654 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

I'm always surprised that any Americans know the Tragically Hip.

Discovered them at college in 1990. Hooked ever since. Seen them live more than any other band. Played Ahead by a Century at my wedding. Have some good friends in Kingston. Still not over Downie's death. #RIPGord

#687 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Exactly. I’d be a few beers in already.
Come on LE owners - what the VUK!?

A show of hands, please

#1133 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

This is nuts. It’s a fucking scoop.
Disappointing.
Game should have never shipped like this. Hope Stern is ready to send out 1000 redesigned playfields if they can’t figure this out with a properly designed protector.

Scoopgate is a Farcry from being over.

It's ridiculous. Is there some sort of super thin polymer membrane that can be put between the scoop and playfield to help prevent playfield damage until Cliffy comes to the rescue?

#1214 2 years ago
Quoted from ian866:

Thanks for showing the mantis in the hole, it gives scale and an indication of what is possible to manufacture.
The best solution would be a one piece machined from billet protector that slots in over the top of both scoops and sorts out both the scoop holes and playfield surface at the same time. Would have to be CNC produced, but I believe it's achievable.

I ordered the Mantis protector (only $19) in case.

My RUSH LE is scheduled for Monday.

mike-myers-sprockets.gifmike-myers-sprockets.gif
#1222 2 years ago

Holy sh!t. There's enough Rush LE flippers out there to have their own thread. 3 screen caps and I don't even get them all.

Screen Shot 2022-02-24 at 8.36.36 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-02-24 at 8.36.36 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-02-24 at 8.36.20 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-02-24 at 8.36.20 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-02-24 at 8.36.47 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-02-24 at 8.36.47 PM (resized).png
#1278 2 years ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

I love the one ad stating “Unfortunately I have to sell it....”
....but I’m asking $4K more.
Explain to me, the value these people have added to the game, to ask/expect $2-4K over MSRP. I know their reasoning(or can gather), but want them to actually explain how they added that kind of value to a machine that’s still in the box, lol.
Wet dreams I guess, there was one only a couple of hours from me, and had their price actually been based in reality, it would have been sold and in my house by now.
People are here to financially support your overspending habit people.....

“Unfortunately I have to sell it....

1) Because I have another game coming
2) Just had some house expenses come up
3) I've looked at the gameplay and it's not for me

I'm sure there's others

#1283 2 years ago
Quoted from NEW-B:

But I'm also adding $2k to the price because of this.

Bernie_Sanders_Again_Asking"_Meme_Template-2 (resized).jpegBernie_Sanders_Again_Asking"_Meme_Template-2 (resized).jpeg
#1463 2 years ago
Quoted from Photopin:

What's a good way to remove this tape adhesive from the back glass. I was going to use GooGone but figured I'd better ask first before I ruined it.
[quoted image]

I ball up some duct tape and dab it off.

#1513 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

Thx so much for the help, Pinmonk! You rule.

Pinmonk is great. The CPU might be bad. If you email Stern at [email protected] and give them the info, they'll probably send you a new SD card first. If that doesn't work, then they'll send you a new CPU.

#1521 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That's my wife. She's great, too.

LOL

#1570 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Where did you get that?

Stern site...

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/Rush-Rulesheet.pdf

Screen Shot 2022-02-28 at 1.27.10 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-02-28 at 1.27.10 PM (resized).png
#1595 2 years ago
Quoted from bouche03:

Oh so close to being an LE owner today...unfortunately R&L ruined that for me...
[quoted image]

Ouch. This hurts to look at. Mine comes via Fedex tomorrow. Crossing fingers.

#1649 2 years ago

#980 in the house...

Side scoop eject power lowered
Trough eject power lowered
Mylar in shooter lane
Play while I (we) wait for Cliffy

IMG_3543 (resized).jpegIMG_3543 (resized).jpegIMG_3544 (resized).jpegIMG_3544 (resized).jpeg
#1678 2 years ago

Top scoop protector bent already. I’ve played 5 games.

2A2B59F4-C88C-4D33-B750-35231DB54E6F (resized).jpeg2A2B59F4-C88C-4D33-B750-35231DB54E6F (resized).jpeg

#1827 2 years ago

Insider Connected is not registering my game. It says it is, but I can't download updates etc. So it's dead to me. Back to USB sticks. I don't want to leave a game on for 45 minutes for like a 5 minute job anyway.

IC doesn't seem ready for prime time.

#1830 2 years ago
Quoted from frosken:

EB is available when you get a number of ramp shots (8 IIRC) and/or you collect 5 albums.
The insert will change from the scoop to behind the upper flipper and vice-versa for each slingshot hit.
It IS possible to have both lit up at the same time (happened to me!) and then grab both extra balls on 2 shots.
Obviously, this info is available on the rulesheet...which I'm still trying to master.
...So many things to remember...LOL

I haven't played .89 yet, only .88, but there aren't a lot of clues indicating what is going on. Kinda trying to figure out along the way, but I'll upgrade tomorrow.

#1839 2 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Ball three of my best game. Finished modes and racked up a bunch of achievements. Middle of a multi ball, everything completely froze. Game didn’t come back. Had to turn it off to restart.
Bummer but I was really starting to get the flow.
[quoted image]

CC timballs

#1841 2 years ago
Quoted from Craiger:

Question: should the auto launcher/plunger have some type of rubber on it’s two prongs? My autolauncher is exposed bare steel and there is what sounds like a ball marring clang when the ball comes back down the chute and hits the two prongs of the autolauncher. I’m wondering if there is supposed to be one but mine fell off?

No. None do on any machine.

#1857 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

.89 does provide some guidance on the screen when you start a mode, but they're explained more clearly in the rulebook that's been linked a few times (here it is again so you don't have to go find it: https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/Rush-Rulesheet.pdf )

This will take some studying...

Screen Shot 2022-03-03 at 11.22.24 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-03-03 at 11.22.24 AM (resized).png
#1859 2 years ago

UPDATE: DO NOT GO TO 0.89. SHOWSTOPPER BUG. 2nd game since update. Playing Fly By Night Multiball and competed Big Money mode. Game goes dark. Nothing I can do cc'ing timballs

EDIT: Here's the download link if you want 0.88: https://f002.backblazeb2.com/file/gamecode/rush_le-0_88_0.spk.zip

Screen Shot 2022-03-03 at 12.41.09 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-03-03 at 12.41.09 PM (resized).png

#1866 2 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

while I like the matte finish, I'm feeling that a really dark bronze matte finish would have looked better than black and played well with all of the clockwork gears on the cabinet.
still trying to coordinate my 6+ hr round trip to pick up my LE this weekend.

You're not the wrong. You could have a run of the mill black finish and it would not look drastically different.

#1915 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Wish it fed the left flipper instead

Yes like the Professor X shot in X-Men. It's so easy to hit. It's kind of like throwing balls at the ring in LOTR when you're in multiball for a break, but easier.

I really love the right ramp. Those are always tough for me to hit, but this could be my favorite right ramp in any game.

#1922 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

that right ramp is very much like iron maiden, similar position and its similarly hard to hit for me

The Maiden right ramp is the toughest shot. For some reason this one feels perfect to me, although it's so far away from the flippers I almost forget about it.

#1981 2 years ago

Ball hang up location found

B7404973-C89C-41E1-B1F6-5EE5A912BBF2 (resized).jpegB7404973-C89C-41E1-B1F6-5EE5A912BBF2 (resized).jpeg
#2071 2 years ago
Quoted from Photopin:

There's been a few people (including myself) post about this, but so far no one's provided a solution. With me it happens on about 80% of the soft shots where I try to set up the Skill Shot.

Same here. It rattles so much it helps me make the super skill shots because it falls back down towards the upper right flipper.

#2111 2 years ago
Quoted from Photopin:

On soft shots, mine rattles so much at the incline that it just drops back down. The most annoying thing is, the auto launch then shoots the ball before I can make a second attempt. I was trying to see if there was a way to turn that off other than disabling it completely.

Same. Annoying.

Quoted from J-drum11:

Just had my whole machine lock up in middle of multi ball.
Playfield lights all went dark , music stopped playing and screen froze.
Anyone else yet?
Obviously a bug

I got that my second game on .89. I reverted back to .88.

Quoted from ghostbc:

I had same thing happen. Are you on .88 or .89? I am on .88.

I've never had this happen on .88. Only .89.

One thing to keep an eye on. I had 2 balls stacked in the VUK. The coil kept firing over and over and couldn't clear them. Finally one got knocked out, but last ball remained and just sat. No coil firing. Nothing.

Could worked in test. Took VUK off. No issues. Put it back and it works. Didn't adjust the switch.

This shot gets hammered over and over and over (it's really the one game design flaw). Stock up on switches.

IMG_3669 (resized).jpegIMG_3669 (resized).jpegIMG_3670 (resized).jpegIMG_3670 (resized).jpeg
#2140 2 years ago

0.89 will crash. It’s got a major bug in Multballs. Play .88 code.

There’s a lot of “nonsensical” things going on still. Start limelight, the play red barchetta MB (no idea how) and wind up with Bastille Day going. MB ends, Bastille Day still going. What’s happening? Not sure.

Spirit of Radio has the best callouts but a poor mode.

#2150 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ok, but give me a one-glance Stack-o-Meter on the display so I don't have to count colors to figure out what's overlapping.

It no doubt could be done better. It's convoluted enough at home. Just imagine on location. It is what it is, though.

#2320 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:Has anyone actually spoken with Cliffy about Rush?
Surely one of you has...

Yep. He's got a billion on the waitlist. None produced as of yesterday.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2354 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Every damn time I see a Pin moved to the lift gate from the truck I start to sweat that its going to fall off.....

Same! Especially when the move puts the wheels over the edge to bottom out the hand truck so it won't move. I was almost ready to catch it.

#2360 2 years ago

We have to figure something out with the VUK. Two balls get stuck all the time. Eventually the machine stops trying to free it after 1-2 dozen attempts.

This happens every game. Eventually when going thru ball search, they'll get freed. Doesn't help on such a Multiball heavy pin.

Screen Shot 2022-03-09 at 2.41.53 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-03-09 at 2.41.53 PM (resized).png
#2397 2 years ago

I need a cigarette

5668FEAC-72FE-4D6D-A1C2-145838405D27 (resized).jpeg5668FEAC-72FE-4D6D-A1C2-145838405D27 (resized).jpeg
#2489 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Fun observation that I totally missed til now (though my kids picked up on it a while ago) ... many of you probably noticed but for those who didn't:
Listen closely during Mystery selection, the boop-boop-boop-boop-boop-boop follows the notes of the mee-noo mee-noo mee-noo in Tom Sawyer!

That sequence is way too long on .88. Updating to .90 and hope they shorten it. Also the corners on the dice are pointy. And the skull is a monkey. Other than that....

I got to Limelight Multiball the other night on .88. I wonder if there are any improvements?

#2492 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

well get to the other movements in the song and it will change

Big if true!

#2506 2 years ago

After a couple of plays, the light show is really improved. However the diverted and auto plunger are wonky beyond belief. No setting (hi/lo/default) works properly. The ball just rattles in the shooter lane. Only code has changed.

The ramp diverted is slow and awful. Never had this before at all.

Pretty ridiculous.

#2518 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I’m working on a new divertor design. My friend with a 3D printer is helping me out with it. First proto def kept the ball flowing faster when diverted, but it didn’t fit in the mech quite right & I made a few other tweaks as well. Version 2 will be ready & tested, too!
Maybe I’ll release the file when I’m done if anyone wants to print their own…maybe I’ll make a bunch of extra & sell em.

That's good news. I don't know if my kid's Toybox printer is gonna print it LOL.

The diverter was PERFECT for me in 0.88. It has to be software.

#2530 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Mine was real quick early on but now slows the ball down quite a bit .I have to look at it today but if anyone comes up with a fix please lmk .

Quoted from BeeGee6533:

Same here. It was quick for a week out of the box. Now it’s slow diverting to the right flipper. Is it something mechanical? Is it software? strange.

I agree. I only played .88 before. Diverter was quick and perfect. The only thing that changed was going to .90. Has to be software.

#2655 2 years ago

WTF?!

SCOOP (resized).jpgSCOOP (resized).jpg
#2700 2 years ago
Quoted from ian866:

They are back to using the original scoop protector with the new piece sat on top i'd say ?
What's of more concern is if they have mounted the new piece on the posts at the rear of the scoop, that'll soon force the washers into the clear coat the amount of energy that new fix will be absorbing.
Hey ho !!
[quoted image]

My side scoop is the problem. This is some bullshit fix right here.

#2706 2 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

I also removed kiss cliffy.
It made the hole too small.
Bottom line , I think Mylar is the way to go.
I never have a problem peeling it up either.
If it starts to pop up in hole area , I just left it flopping . Still protected and never bothered me.
I’ve done the same on other games.
I almost feel metal protectors cause more damage in long run.
Especially when the edges are never smoothly filed

I think a mylar tutorial would help some folk (like me).

#2718 2 years ago
Quoted from jpc211245:

Spoke to Cliff this morning and we are “very close” to having a full set of protectors for Rush. I was told they are beautiful.

Can't wait.

they-are-real-there-real.gifthey-are-real-there-real.gif
#2725 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

After seeing the new blue nub cage thing…I’m all in for Cliffy’s now lol

I think they're technically gummy horse blinders.

#2747 2 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

I love this game, I'm getting a premium.
With that said, why the heck are they shipping it with the outlanes set to the easiest setting? I'm surprised a ball can even exit the outlanes like this. It's a total baby game.
And this is on top of the fact that there's virtual ball saves you can earn for the outlanes. Not to mention a generous amount of extra balls the game hands you.
Listen, I get you can move the posts, but that's bit of a PIA. And I see posts of people with their big scores, but seriously, this game has got to be the easiest set-up game Stern has ever shipped.

I bet you they were putting on the posts too late so that was hole that was left accessible. Stern then makes this "a feature".

Quoted from Vino:

Not upset but yes, either way it looks like ass.

IT IS LITERALLY THIS!
7fb61e012c5d6a49016fc69a0987e48a24175f7b (resized).jpeg7fb61e012c5d6a49016fc69a0987e48a24175f7b (resized).jpeg

Having said that, the 0.90 code update kicks ass. It's getting real good.

#2800 2 years ago

Mine does too. The auto launch on this machine flat out sucks. I think the issue (on mine) is the under the flipper shot. It hits the wall/corner on that gap.

#2841 2 years ago
Quoted from Calgedy:

It has happened 3 times with me. It also has registered several times so I don't know WTF the problem is?? Must be code.

This code is a big step forward but it is BUGGY. Even with the diverter. I think this happened to me as well.

#2850 2 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Like many others are reporting, my auto launch sends the ball rattling then dropping down, what's the ideal power setting?

It doesn't exist.

#3040 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

It was actually game times, not ball times. Maybe they are just going to turn it into a 2 ball game by default
He also didn’t specifically mention it was code.
[quoted image]

Ball times are really too long. Farcry MB is activated too much. Bastille Day too much. Mystery too much. I've kind of chilled out on playing until code is flushed out.

its-too-much-seinfeld-kramer.gifits-too-much-seinfeld-kramer.gif
#3088 2 years ago

Here’s my ball launch issue. Maybe it’s yours too. The left guide bows out into the shooter lane throwing the ball off path immediately. There’s no real way to adjust this due to it butting up again at the hex posts. WTH Stern?

02729817-6222-4DDF-84AE-37A4416F67F0 (resized).jpeg02729817-6222-4DDF-84AE-37A4416F67F0 (resized).jpeg
#3594 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Sometimes ya got to do what you got to do[quoted image]

Frogtape leaves cleaner paint lines but...

200.gif200.gif
#3770 2 years ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Received Rush Premium today.
Not yet all setup etc.
Looks even better in person.
Absolutely excited. Can’t wait to get flipping
BUT,
The Scoop fix is the “LE fix” with the two prongs/forks.
Not sure how I feel about this.
Would I have preferred the Blue Marge Twins
That would allow play
Or this collector’s edition scoop protector? ;P
I kid. I kid.
But seriously.

FWIW, I have had zero problems with the forks only on the LE fix. It's the top scoop that's a piece of crap. Dented on ball 3. Ordered the NINJACAMP scoop protector as soon as it was available.

Quoted from pinballjah:

Still think this color nailed it for the LE anyway![quoted image]

GLORIOUS. Should've been that way from the factory...but it's Stern.

#4083 2 years ago

Front scoop? Upper scoop? Both scoops?

#4149 2 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

The lack of play testing is evident in this game! WTH. To much Rushing! Haha

"Testing? We've been putting out games without testing for years..."

Laughing-Leo (resized).pngLaughing-Leo (resized).png
1 week later
#4666 2 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

I agree, Rush is a blast and has some very satisfying shots. The only one I haven’t figured out is the left lock for free will multiball. Is there a safe way to shoot that shot?

IMO, no. I had one bounce in semi-accidentally and I can't remember how I did it.

3 months later
#7876 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

You know, I think it finally dawned on me the other day, one of the many things I truly love about this game. A lot of games, during multiball modes, it's just too chaotic and you often need to trap up to get things under control and plan out your shots. I play that way when I have to, but I usually like to just let 'em fly. Rush works perfectly for the let-em-fly style, largely because many of the shots are so LONG -- you can use the long shots very intentionally as a way to 'stall' the ball without having to trap up. For example, the right ramp or the VUK will take a ball off the playfield and 'out of play' for a few seconds, or the spinner shot will stall it at the bend before it rolls down to the upper flipper, or the right orbit will swing it all the way around and stall it in the pops -- all of these shots work beautifully to clear balls out of the way of shot paths and help you take time to line up your next shot with a different ball.
Multiball play on this game is amazing, with awesome action and beautiful flow, where skilled players can 'multitask' their way to success.
Man, I love this game.

"Multiball flow". It's why I loved LOTR and Spider-Man so much. So much fun to play like that. Haven't put a lot of games on RUSH w/latest code but played Cygnus X-1, Book I tonight and it was flat out amazing.

Screen Shot 2022-07-09 at 11.14.32 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-07-09 at 11.14.32 PM (resized).png
6 months later
#12092 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Nope. I want an entire ELO game...even if I have to build it myself.

Don't bring us down.

#12129 1 year ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

The one on my machine is my prototype.
It’s been in my LE for 9 months.
Not one problem but, pretty much anything can break on a pinball machine

It looks great!

1 week later
#12267 1 year ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

My wife ( who begrudgingly went to one rush concert with me 20 years ago and hated every minute) :
"Oh, my God .. now I have Rush songs popping into my head all day long!"
Love it!

1 month later
#13287 1 year ago
Quoted from PokerTech68:

Sorry if this has been asked before but is there a way to download the older versions of the game code. I thought they used to all be on the Stern download page but now only the most recent version is available.
Thanks for any help with this.

I always look at the download file name in the browser, copy it, paste it in the browser address bar, then change the name to point to the old code.

1 month later
#14553 11 months ago

F*CK

IMG_6930 (resized).jpegIMG_6930 (resized).jpegIMG_6931 (resized).jpegIMG_6931 (resized).jpegIMG_6932 (resized).jpegIMG_6932 (resized).jpeg
#14555 11 months ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

Get out the adjustable wrench and bend it back
Sucks though, figure Stern could package them better.

Rattling inside.

1 week later
#14851 10 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

$1600 topper… packaged like a $50 china knockoff
Broken in the box. I’m fairly certain they broken it putting it in the box and just said f it.
Packing inserts were not even installed correctly…
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

It's packaged like absolute crap. There's more protective foam indicated in the installation instructions, but it's not packaged that way at all. My original was smashed at the corner, because there's really only bubble wrap protecting the integrity of the entire box. The foam doesn't fit well and shifts easily in shipping. Thankfully my distributor got me a new one right away.

#14905 10 months ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

It took 14 months to finally show the topper and another 2 to actually get "some" of them in collectors hands. IDK if we can expect much more integration, features, etc.

They changed some with feedback, so there is hope. Maybe timballs can help w/a punchiest.

1 month later
#15749 8 months ago
Quoted from Adaminski:

This post is me venting...
I like Rush. The shots feel good, it has plenty to do, a variety of multiballs, a great soundtrack, and some good callouts. I know many of the rules, have completed all of the song modes multiple times, achieved victory mode on some of the multiballs, scored >1 billion in the last few weeks that my machine has been working again on the latest code, and scored 2.2 billion on earlier code.
But......
There is one solid chink, nay, a chunk, in it's armor, and that is La Villa Strangiato. I'm unsure how they did it, but this mode is simultaneously difficult, tedious, boring, and not fun. On top of that, if one gets far enough in the mode, the music gets boring. As in Spinal Tap "A Jazz Odyssey" boring. The whole mode is horrendous.
I groan out loud and prepare for a long trudge when I mistakenly start this song mode.
Difficult and exciting is OK. An example of that (IMO) is Working Man - takes a lot of shots to win, the helpful orange shots move around the playfield but are not ordered, and the final shot is the challenging left orbit through the pops. And the music helps keep your adrenaline going. Or maybe Escape From Boba Fett on Stern Star Wars - the lights are out except for the flashers, the mode is timed, the music makes your adrenaline rush, and there are only 6-sh shots.
We have a small collection at home, and I don't change out games frequently. I enjoy Rush and plan to keep it around for awhile. But it will eventually get switched out. And La Villa Strangiato would be the main reason.
Today I had a nice 700+ million game, but ball 3 drained while working on shot 11 of La Villa Strangiato. Sigh.
[quoted image]

It's can be a slog to get thru unless you stack a multi ball. Then you have help AND another song to occupy yourself.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

6,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersburg, IN
$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blaine, WASHINGTON
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider guinnesstime.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1?tu=guinnesstime and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.