IMG_6410 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2562 (resized).jpg
IMG_2578 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2574 (resized).jpeg
20240322_163542 (resized).jpg
20240322_163631 (resized).jpg
20240319_194137 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #91 Rush song list Posted by Bill2112Rush (2 years ago)

Post #1378 RULES. Link to RUSH Rulesheet Posted by Av8 (2 years ago)

Post #1389 TECH: SWITCHES. Lockdown bar action button not working - fix Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1818 MOD: SOUND. Amp DIY upgrade for RUSH Posted by TinyBlackDog (2 years ago)

Post #2123 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter lane adjustment to stop rattling ball launch Posted by Coyohtay (2 years ago)

Post #3107 TECH: SOUND. Headphone Jack no-boot when installed workaround Posted by AUKraut (2 years ago)

Post #3632 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Scoop losing track of balls. Posted by Schwaggs (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frosken.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#550 2 years ago

I wonder why they haven't addressed sending new (better and improved) protectors...

Playfields cost a lot more to build and send.

As this is my first NIB purchase, I must admit that I'm not playing the game (which I LOVE BTW) as much as I would like to due to this issue.

I've heard through another owner that he took the protector off, flattened it completely, then bent it back, added 3M double-sided tape on the sides and re-installed it. I am contemplating this suggestion.

Anyone else have other suggestions, other than removing it completely and adding mylar (not suggested by Stern)???

#602 2 years ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

Looks like they used the same scoops, even - there's still the marks on the sides where the inside flaps would have hung from.
Easy to modify in the field, I guess, unless the existing scoop is to mangled to flatten.

2 things I noticed:

1) I wonder if the elevated piece will change the shot (i.e. make it tighter and/or more ball rejections)
2) The tabs seems to still be on the top scoop. I wonder that will cause issues with the Premium/LE versions. Also keep in mind that my top scoop also shows some distorsion/warping, but obviously not as bad as the bottom scoop.

#704 2 years ago

My frustration is growing every day...can't play more than 5-6 balls w/o pausing my game, removing the glass, push the stuck ball in the scoop, try to re-bend the tabs (to which the top lifts/bends awkwardly), re-install the glass, continue the game....wash/lather/rinse/repeat.

I can't imagine the operators trying to keep the machine in play w/o removing the protector and damaging the playfield beyond repair.

My game is 5 days old and has less than 80 plays. It is bloody embarrassing on a brand new $10K (CAD after taxes) pinball machine.

With that in mind, I'm crossing my fingers that the "upgraded" protector performs better than the actual one AND that it will be shipped soon.

#782 2 years ago
Quoted from BlueCylinder:

I hear that. I pulled my protector off, straightened and reinstalled, and tried taping the side tabs down with Gorilla tape. With that, I get about 60 or 70 plays versus the 30 I was getting before doing it all over. Frustrating that the alternatives are to let it sit, or pull the protector off, which leads to damage and what sounds like a voided warranty.

I finally decided to do the same thing you did last night. It's "holding up" for now.

Although you see many scoop-gate rants (including myself), the game is AWESOME!!!!

These LE's are so gorgeous!

1 week later
#1700 2 years ago
Quoted from Craiger:

Where are those settings? I was searching for them today but I didn’t see them in audio.

they are under the Rush settings. They are near the end, so "go left"... you will have sound attenuation and voice attenuation IIRC.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1829 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

#760 has landed safely in lovely Loveland CO.

-Game has two extra ball inserts which is weird and threw me off at first.

EB is available when you get a number of ramp shots (8 IIRC) and/or you collect 5 albums.

The insert will change from the scoop to behind the upper flipper and vice-versa for each slingshot hit.

It IS possible to have both lit up at the same time (happened to me!) and then grab both extra balls on 2 shots.

Obviously, this info is available on the rulesheet...which I'm still trying to master.

...So many things to remember...LOL

#1831 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I haven't played .89 yet, only .88, but there aren't a lot of clues indicating what is going on. Kinda trying to figure out along the way, but I'll upgrade tomorrow.

I'm still in "learning mode" as well. As I'm no pinball wizard, I focus on the "obvious" items like the 1-2-3 combo (and album collect), the time machine modes, the time machine multiballs and the far cry multiball. I find that I don't focus enough on starting the Freewill multiball (collect the instruments) and Headlong Flight MB is the hardest to get started IMHO.

I love it, but I don't get that many "long games", and usually try to stack 2-3 albums, but most of the time, I drain before I can collect them...highly frustrating...

As for the modes, My favorite is Working Man...least favorite: Villa Strangiato

All in all, I am VERY pleased with the game...and will be on Cloud Nine when scoop-gate is resolved for good.

#2164 2 years ago

Quick question:

Anyone having airballs/jump balls trying to hit the left ramp?

Noticed that when hitting the ball towards the ramp from the upper flipper, it often happens that the ball jumps and hits the jackpot light plastic and comes back (or also happened that the ball hits the top of the diverter and comes back down the ramp).

Over the past weekend, I get yet another "interesting shot": The ball jumps over the ramp and lands in the left orbit (after hitting the side and/or lands on the pop bumper plastics)

The upper flipper strength is set at normal or medium.

Also new behavior: shooting the spinner rejects the balls and comes back down (rather than loop into the upper flipper....and no, there was ZERO spinner shots beforehand.

Just wondering if anyone else have the same issues and/or have a quick fix for these occurrences.

#2240 2 years ago

TBH, I don't care about the insane scoring and the bragging (or not) as not every machine is set up the same way, either from the menu settings, the outlane post settings or even the pitch...

I am curious as per who got to (and/or completed) any of the Cygnus X-1 mini wizard modes and if the 2112 wizard mode is already programmed (or not).

I had one game which I was only missing the 3rd time machine Multiball to start Cygnus...and had 4 modes completed. Still ended with only 500-ish Million...

Last night, I couldn't get over 100M...though of grabbing my sledgehammer...those outlanes and bad bounces...argh!!!

...but still LOVE the game though...so many things to do...if you can hit the shots LOL.

1 week later
#3081 2 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

I second this. Absolutely loving it, but obscenely long ball times and I'm a crappy player. Will be increasing the difficulty settings on my LE.

Just start by opening the outlane posts (just like how the initial Pro's were shipped)...

As my pro can be an outlane drain monster (especially on the left side), I was thinking of closing the posts, but after seeing your comments, I guess I'll just need to improve with the current settings.

I find that with the 0.90 code, other than far cry and the 1st time machine MB, the other MB's are not that easy to get. In addition, it takes way more shots to finish Working Man.

As soon as Scoop-gate is fixed, and that the code hits 1.x, this game will get so much more love and appreciation...

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3145 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Thank you!
Yeah the challenge with Sterns final fix is the fact that some existing games with v2 protectors are holding but getting beat up fast. Hoping their fix will fit over a cliffy or another protector long term.

And here's a pic of my pro scoop with roughly 375 home plays. Had to re-try to straighten it and re-apply tape so that the ball wouldn't get stuck again. I personally don't like the "1d10t sandwich" fix, but it's gotta be better than what I have right now, so hoping it's gonna get shipped soon. Also contemplating the ninja and cliffy fixes, hoping that some will be available in Allentown so I don't need to pay insane shipping costs to Canada...

rushscoop (resized).jpgrushscoop (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#4918 2 years ago

Saw this coming out of my local supermarket...

Bidding starts at $200CAD. it's really nice (IMHO) but I have no wall space near my machine to hook it.

rocheframe (resized).jpgrocheframe (resized).jpg
1 week later
#5353 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I just tried some of the Cyngus mode, but I had something else to do so I couldn't keep playing it. Seems very cool and weird! I love that these new games let you play the Wizard Mode as a standalone mini-game...cuz there's no way most of us are ever going to see it through normal game play.

Yeah just did the same...completed a few planets, but haven't figured out exactly what to do...yet...

Always fun to get new code updates!

7 months later
#10942 1 year ago

I'm not that good of a player, but I have hit 1B once on my Pro...as well as 2-3 games in the 900M's. TBH, my goal is not necessarily try to hit the optimal shots to get maximum points, but to try to "finish" the game. I haven't started any of the mini-wizard modes yet, although I've been close (missing 1 MB). For the other Book, I think that my best is completing 4 modes.

I guess I'll need to get more practice LOL.

I must admit that sometimes, I feel like I could grab the sledgehammer and smash it when the game is..err..."uncooperative".

Wouldn't change it for the world though...roughly 1000 games in and I still enjoy the challenge and the trials/tribulations of hitting 1B..again...soon...I hope!

2 weeks later
#11338 1 year ago

Maybe the Stern brass were listening to "A Passage to Bangkok" when they decided on the price...

...wow...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
6,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersburg, IN
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 35.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 16.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frosken.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1?tu=frosken and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.