IMG_3100 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240411_225620072.MP (resized).jpg
20240410_181338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_184826850.MP.jpg
IMG_5558 (resized).jpeg
PNG image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #91 Rush song list Posted by Bill2112Rush (2 years ago)

Post #1378 RULES. Link to RUSH Rulesheet Posted by Av8 (2 years ago)

Post #1389 TECH: SWITCHES. Lockdown bar action button not working - fix Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1818 MOD: SOUND. Amp DIY upgrade for RUSH Posted by TinyBlackDog (2 years ago)

Post #2123 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter lane adjustment to stop rattling ball launch Posted by Coyohtay (2 years ago)

Post #3107 TECH: SOUND. Headphone Jack no-boot when installed workaround Posted by AUKraut (2 years ago)

Post #3632 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Scoop losing track of balls. Posted by Schwaggs (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider finman2000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#38 2 years ago

In on a pro!

2 weeks later
#381 2 years ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

Alright so very new to pinball and I'm stressed about this damn scoop breaking or getting mangled in mine. when it arrives can I just cut a piece of mylar and put it on top of the scoop to help it maybe not get mangled? How hard would it be for me to remove the scoop before we use it? Or should I just keep it as it until we have the issue happen?

They may have fixed the problem by the time yours is made.

3 months later
#6129 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

FYI, I installed an Orange Rubber kit on my Rush. I've always liked lighter-colored rubber (Most of my machines had white back in the day when all you had were white or black). Here's a few pics. And yes, I reinstalled the metal target guard I found on the playfield after this as well as the return wireform, not shown in pics. It's always something...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

You need a little downward adjustment on the flipper rubber.

Screenshot 2022-05-12 9.34.20 PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2022-05-12 9.34.20 PM (resized).png
1 week later
#6450 1 year ago

Anyone else having trouble with RGB LED's failing? The arrow insert to the upper scoop LED12 on Node Board 9a Blue and Red no longer light. I had the same thing happen on GZ, except it was just red that failed. I will get it replaced under warranty. VERY concerned about the failure rate after they stop replacing them under warranty.

#6476 1 year ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

If they are singles, not a problem - a lamp board will need someone who can do surface mount soldering.
https://www.pinballlife.com/rgb-pcb-led-replacement-board.html

Definitely not a single led board.

Screenshot 2022-05-23 10.21.30 PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2022-05-23 10.21.30 PM (resized).png
3 weeks later
#7277 1 year ago

This was next level fun. I love this game!

32995EB0-63B6-4E95-A8EA-E08916CF1ABA (resized).jpeg32995EB0-63B6-4E95-A8EA-E08916CF1ABA (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#7721 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

It doesn't hold a ball in the center of the time machine and you have to shoot it out, does it?

It does hold a ball in the center.

#7735 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

...and what? Then you have to knock it out like Lord of the Rings?

Yes, then you knock it out.

#7736 1 year ago

i added a little blindspot mirror mounted on a L bracket to see the inner loop lights. Sorry, the picture isn't the best. I couldn't get a good angle on the mirror. You can see all of the lights once you have it positioned properly. You can also see my crudely cut piece of lexan that helps prevent the ball from not registering the switch.

IMG_4011 (resized).jpgIMG_4011 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#7939 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Who'd you downvote? Let's pummel him with downvotes.
(Full disclosure: I very rarely downvote...)

Here you go Boob

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/158#post-7019775

3 weeks later
#8738 1 year ago

Just noticed some odd behavior after .98 code update. The spinner arrow occasionally lights purple when it shouldn't be lit at all. Tonight it lit during Tom Sawyer in the first stage while the left orbit was lit. No odd behavior when I test individual LED's. Not sure what to make of it. Only thing I can think to do is download the code again.

#8741 1 year ago
Quoted from Theguyoverthere:

Sorry about that not being in the readme, but that is intentional and means that your guitar is active, and all shots to spinner and spinner lane are +1X. Crank that guitar!

Thank you for letting me know. That is helpful to have the arrow lit for that!

2 weeks later
#9013 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Hey friends at Stern -- I think we may have a bug in the latest code ... regarding Cygnus X-1 Book 1, twice now I've reached it in a game, and both times every single one of my 'multipliers' (from multiball super jackpots) were all zero. The first time, I thought "hmm maybe I just stunk out at every one" but today I had a kickass game going and know for sure I had several super jackpots across various modes, and they all came up zero again. Lost major points!

I noticed this as well. I have seen anyone mention it anywhere else either.

1 week later
#9283 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

Has anyone gotten the Big Money 10x jackpot achievement yet? And if so……HOW??
I have 82/88 done so far, and that’s one of the last few I need and can’t figure it out.
The best I’ve gotten so far is up to 8x, but then the arrows don’t light up anymore to get the last 2 multipliers. [quoted image]

I have that achievement, but don't remember how I did it. FYI - I have 80/88

2 weeks later
#9630 1 year ago
Quoted from CrashJT:

I looked everywhere visible and didn't see anything on the boards. I wrote Stern to see if they know, but right before I sent it, I ran through all the LED tests. The RGB LED pointing into the upper scoop is dark on all 3 colors. I'm guessing that's an RGB LED from that board? Asked Stern to confirm. Thanks all. Will let you know what I hear.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I had the exact same problem. I have been waiting since June for the board to be back in stock. Stern will be happy too, because I have been riding them like Sea Biscuit about how ridiculous it is to wait this long for a board. They keep telling me I should have it in another two weeks, to get me off their back. Please let me know what they tell you. I will let you know when I finally receive mine.

#9676 1 year ago
Quoted from CrashJT:

Will do. So far radio silence on my 9/19 email to Stern and my 9/21 follow-up. You're way ahead so far.

They just confirmed they have stock today and will be shipping mine out. Hopefully they do the same for you. Since this is something that has happened to both of us, there are probably more out there with the same issue. Mine worked for a couple hundred games before it failed. Might be something people want to inspect while they are still under warranty.

3 months later
#11675 1 year ago

Rush is not in the production plan for 2023. Interesting decision...

#11678 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Uh... What? Who said what?
Don't make me watch it, I'll watch it later... cliff notes pls?

On the Pinball Show, Zach shared the 2023 Stern production schedule. Rush was not on it.

1 month later
#12437 1 year ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

agreed!, To make the gold Time Machine bases, i just enlarged your standard lamp covers and chopped them down a bit. I already made a couple sets for friends.
[quoted image]

Can we be friends?

#12440 1 year ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

Another question….when the concert footage is shown during gameplay on the LCD screen…there is a lag with Geddy’s lips and the music coming from the speakers. Is this normal or is there a setting I can adjust in the menu? TIA

Unfortunately, it's normal.

#12514 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Just noticed my lower scoop is loose and shifting slightly when I hit it... Anyone else had to tighten up their scoop so it doesn't move? If so, is it just a matter of some screws or nuts underneath?
I remember seeing someone post a picture of a broken scoop that had to be welded and I'm hoping that's not the case for me. Thanks

Yes, there are threaded screws you need to retighten. After coming loose a couple times, I finally put a little bit of thread locker on the threads.

Sorry, these instructions are for the metal bracket with the rubber nubs around the scoop, not the scoop itself.

1 week later
#12670 1 year ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I can't imagine playing with those horrible blocks there.

Why? Because it is a tighter shot? I have no issue at all hitting it.

#12671 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Maybe yours was supposed to be that way like mine??
I wonder if I can just put an extra washer at the top of that post where the plastic spacer is next to the bracket to close the gap.
I'm still not convinced The scoop blinds are supposed to be tight with no movement.... like either it's supposed to move like this because other people's do, or it's just a common maintenance item that needs to be fixed when it gets loose. Obviously the delete option is there but looking SterlingRush instructions (thank you btw!).. It's a fair bit of work and I'm not there in my mind yet.
Maybe I'll ask Stern.

Remove the top plastic, so you can get to the two screws that hold the bracket into place. Tighten them down real good. That should take care of your problem. I have done it twice now. Second time I added a little bit of loctite.

Screenshot 2023-02-25 5.04.22 PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-02-25 5.04.22 PM (resized).png
#12677 1 year ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

No. Mostly because I saw underneath those metal "protectors" and the damage already being done by them after

I shipped out 25 sets of Rush lampshades yesterday. I have about five more free sets available. So if anyone else would like a free set, please place an order before they are gone. [quoted image]

#12678 1 year ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

I shipped out 25 sets of Rush lampshades yesterday. I have about five more free sets available. So if anyone else would like a free set, please place an order before they are gone. [quoted image]

Received mine in the mail today and installed them. They look great! Thank you!!

1 month later
#13457 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

DO NOT TRUST any of those old videos if you're aiming for score on the current v1.10 code. There are BIG differences.
- The record boost value now resets on a drain. You won't be able to push it to thousands of percentages like Ray and Karl were doing.
- Rainbow records now max at x2 scoring instead of x4, so that also halves what you can get from any song.
- Rainbow records now do not reset on a drain, so you don't have to do it all on the same ball.
- In v1.10, there is NO reward for making all the record colors match. The x3 multiplier for doing this was removed and so all you get is making every shot x2 individually.
- The song mode values were removed from bonus and heavily capped for Cygnus book II. So you might score a billion from songs, but in v1.10 this doesn't blow up into scoring that billion several times over again. You can't get the 15 billion that Ray was doing like that any more.
The basic idea of scoring a billion is still the same: complete songs to get rainbow records to make the values bigger for the next song. But in v1.10, don't chase matching colors or big song percentage boosts (except during a multiball); you need to play and get through more songs.

I didn't care for the rule changes, so I'm not updating my code.

#13479 1 year ago

If the person that scored 30B on the leaderboard is present, I would love to know if it was on a pro or premium, and what code. Crazy score! Congrats!

6 months later
#16825 6 months ago
Quoted from lospugs:

Yes, there's one that specifically says "The portal ramp is down" that seems out of place for the pro.

Quoted from arcyallen:

Anyone with a Pro update their code and now have what sound like Premium callouts? I'm getting a lot of references to the time machine ramp/bridge being up which I don't remember before.

I thought the same thing. At least two callouts that I didn't think belonged in the pro code.

1 month later
#17205 5 months ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

An achievement I'm literally never going to come.
close to getting.

For a while, all I was trying to do was rack up 1-2-3 combos. Not to get the IC award, just because it was challenging.

IMG_5749 (resized).pngIMG_5749 (resized).png
1 month later
#17537 3 months ago
Quoted from Wicked-Flip:

On my game a very high percent of dead end shots just go out the right lane.

Definitely not the intended behavior. Should be a safe return to the right flipper like RipleYYY said.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 210.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
WilliPinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider finman2000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1?tu=finman2000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.