20240319_194051 (resized).jpg
IMG_5172 (resized).jpeg
20240313_124509 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_232015126 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_230406999 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_230353824 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_230324405 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #91 Rush song list Posted by Bill2112Rush (2 years ago)

Post #1378 RULES. Link to RUSH Rulesheet Posted by Av8 (2 years ago)

Post #1389 TECH: SWITCHES. Lockdown bar action button not working - fix Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1818 MOD: SOUND. Amp DIY upgrade for RUSH Posted by TinyBlackDog (2 years ago)

Post #2123 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter lane adjustment to stop rattling ball launch Posted by Coyohtay (2 years ago)

Post #3107 TECH: SOUND. Headphone Jack no-boot when installed workaround Posted by AUKraut (2 years ago)

Post #3632 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Scoop losing track of balls. Posted by Schwaggs (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider erockyoulikea.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6247 1 year ago

LE #532 joining the club. Only took 7 plays for my scoop protector to start bending (Stern forked edition) but Ninjacamp mod arrived yesterday so installing those and the Sterm switch fix tonight. Fortunately I had read through most of this thread before I picked up my pin so I had all my mods ordered ahead of time - thanks everyone for sharing lessons learned here!

PXL_20220517_120203821 (resized).jpgPXL_20220517_120203821 (resized).jpg
#6254 1 year ago

I just installed the Stern replacement switch for the scoop and I'm also getting the Operator Alert! Side Scoop Device Malfunction message. Everything worked fine when I ran through the test as show in the Stern video. but after I tightened the new screw for the bracket and put the playfield back together I got the error. I noticed when running through scoop diagnostics, the test is indicating it sees both balls yet "locked balls" only shows 1. Any ideas? Anyone else with an LE install this and not have much room to screw down the bracket (new hole you have to make)?

PXL_20220517_194424751 (resized).jpgPXL_20220517_194424751 (resized).jpgPXL_20220517_194435207 (resized).jpgPXL_20220517_194435207 (resized).jpgPXL_20220517_195637884 (resized).jpgPXL_20220517_195637884 (resized).jpg
#6410 1 year ago
Quoted from erockyoulikea:

I just installed the Stern replacement switch for the scoop and I'm also getting the Operator Alert! Side Scoop Device Malfunction message. Everything worked fine when I ran through the test as show in the Stern video. but after I tightened the new screw for the bracket and put the playfield back together I got the error. I noticed when running through scoop diagnostics, the test is indicating it sees both balls yet "locked balls" only shows 1. Any ideas? Anyone else with an LE install this and not have much room to screw down the bracket (new hole you have to make)?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I went back and read the instructions for the switch install (I originally just went by the video) and realized I installed it incorrectly (wrong screw holes). I fixed that but I’m still get the Operator Alert! Message. The switch itself keeps falling off the sensor, so my guess is the switch is just bad now. My new problem is the old switch is not working - when I run the scoop test no balls are sensed and the ball immediately ejects when I drop it in the side scoop. Is this an opto problem? How do I diagnose/fix that? Are the opto pieces commodity parts that I can just order?

PXL_20220520_162316472 (resized).jpgPXL_20220520_162316472 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#6622 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Sounds like no one else here is having the sudden upper scoop issue with 0.96 ... though someone on a Facebook group did just report the same issue as me. I guess it's good I'm not the only one, but still doesn't make a lot of sense that it's not across the board with everyone. Two weird coincidences would be even weirder...
Haven't had time for further troubleshooting yet, but gameplay without that scoop working really stinks...

Mine *was* working with the original switch and older code. I installed the replacement switch and got an "Operator Alert!" message so I re-installed the original switch and it has not worked since - so not Far Cry Multiball or extra balls for me. Does anybody know how to test the upper scoop switch? I ran the switch tests and when I drop a ball in the upper scoop I see both the upper and lower optos triggering, but I guess my upper scoop switch is broken since I don't see it trigger?

BTW I contacted Stern support about "Operator Alert!" and they said my switch was installed backwards and they are sending me a new one. If someone is able to take a picture of their new switch please post so I can see what right looks like and I should be able to fix mine while waiting for the new part to arrive.

1 week later
#7044 1 year ago
Quoted from ccw2112:

I’m having all the same problems…. Will it ‘click’ as described with the power off ? I’m thinking of trying AGAIN with the new switch. Thanks !!

Mine worked correctly with the original switch. I took it out and put the replacement in and got an "Operator Alert!" message so I put the old switch in and it never worked again. The trigger broke off the new switch since I had messed with it so much so Stern sent me a replacement. It arrived today and my first install attempt failed - diagnostic tests showed a ball was locked when it was not. So I adjusted the switch by moving it slightly more away from the hole (i.e. to the right) and now it operates correctly. So my guess is you just have to make a small adjustment. I wasn't going to screw it into the playfield but based on a comment above I'm going to lock it down.

1 week later
#7178 1 year ago
Quoted from wolverinewarlord:

So here are my experiences with the new scoop switch on me LE:
Prior to installing:
Balls that went in the side scoop were typically ejected from the side scoop. Occasionally the ball relocated to the lower scoop and got ejected but this was rare.
Balls that went in the lower scoop were ejected from the lower scoop and received the random bonus if the light was flashing.
No balls were ever locked.
After installing new switch:
Balls that go in the side scoop are always ejected from the lower scoop. If the light is flashing below the lower scoop the side scoop ball also gets the bonus.
Balls that go in the lower scoop are always ejected from the lower scoop and receive the random bonus if the light is flashing.
No balls are ever locked however there was one time a ball that entered the side scoop wasn't ejected and it was visible in the clear window. The machine, however, went into "ball search" mode and I had to nudge it to get it to eject the ball.
Since no ball is ever locked, no "extra" ball is ever added into the game.
There is no "dual eject" from the lower and side scoop concurrently with/without the green light flashing on the side scoop.
I'm not even sure where to start on this one. Can anyone help?

This sounds familiar. Try adjusting the switch so that it's more open - I think the problem is you can get it too close to the hole and therefore it's always closed and doesn't trigger when the ball lands in the scoop. The first time I installed mine it behaved like what you are describing so I loosened it up and slid it to the right slightly and tightened it up again and it worked fine. Running through the scoop test in diagnostics will help as well as switch test - drop a ball in a watch the switch and optos trigger.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
4 weeks later
#8019 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Any of you guys installing the Ninja Camp Rush VUK Protector whether you are having problems with the VUK or not? My main concern is for the hole not to get blown out. I see Cliffy also offers a solution as well.

I installed the NinjaCamp VUK protector even though I had no issues. Everything has been fine/works great although I have been getting some rejects since I switched my balls out for the Ball Baron carbon steel ones. I’ve seen some weird ball behavior since I put these balls in, could be backspin since I did wax the playfield before I installed them.

#8020 1 year ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

What balls are people using? 125 plays and I've already got ball trails in my inlanes. I've wiped down the playfield a couple times and have been watching for debris, but I think I would have to legit polish and wax to get rid of the trails. Maybe they're normal too, I've never seen how a brand new playfield wears. I wouldn't be surprised if I was just being too particular.
A couple of my factory balls were rusty, so I swapped them for generic Pinball Life balls. I just ordered another set of 6 from them to replace the other 4 factory balls and 4 that I received are oddly cloudy/not polished, but otherwise in good shape. 2 were shiny with a a texture that can be seen but not felt. They're in "fine" shape, they just don't match, so I'll use them in other games. I tried BC Precision balls from Amazon as well but received rusty torn up balls.

I recently swapped mine out for Ball Baron carbon steel ones

#8121 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Maybe stick a different set in and see if you still have the same issues?

Yes, I’m going to put the original ones back in and watch what happens. As far as I can tell, there’s nothing wrong with the Stern balls but everyone says swap them out so I wanted to see if there was a difference.

#8189 1 year ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

Question for you, and for the group:
You have a playfield quality issue that Stern rectifies by sending an unpopulated PF.
Do you swap that new playfield in "immediately" so that your expensive new machine that you bought shiny and new is shiny and new again? This way, it will look amazing in your home with the rest of your set-up, but your new playfield will start to wear and you may wind up in the same boat again.
Or do you wait for the existing playfield to be completely and totally trashed before swapping? Your pin will sit there and might look kind of crummy, but it still plays pretty much the same and you have the peace of mind knowing that your machine is "preserved" through the new PF sitting in the corner that you COULD swap in at any time.
Personally, I'd be torn. I think I'd lean toward letting the original PF further go to hell, knowing that I have a minty PF in a box for a rainy day. I could also see not wanting to have a relatively new pin with massive flaws on it sitting around and wanting to swap that PF in immediately.

I have a virgin Deadpool playfield that was reclearcoated that I picked up at Pinfest because I have dimpling and Deadpool also has a few issues with ramps digging into the playfield that probably happened on mine since I have yet to take it apart and put washers under the ramps. Anyway, having the extra playfield gives me piece of mind that I can swap it and be back to good as new or the new owner can make that choice if I ever sell it. Meanwhile it makes a nice display piece hanging on the wall. The dimpling doesn’t bother me, the only time I notice is when the games are booting, otherwise things are moving too fast during gameplay for me to notice.

1 month later
#9098 1 year ago

I'm getting intermittent rejects on the Super Jackpot gate - any tips on getting it to not stick? I thought I had seen someone post about this before, but my search skills are failing me.

PXL_20220825_223116187 (resized).jpgPXL_20220825_223116187 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#9341 1 year ago

Has anyone installed this cliffy protector on the drop targets or have a link to instructions? Just wondering if it snaps into place or something goes in those holes.

PXL_20220905_200712112 (resized).jpgPXL_20220905_200712112 (resized).jpgPXL_20220905_200735959 (1) (resized).jpgPXL_20220905_200735959 (1) (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 42.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 275.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Interactive
NinjaCamp Mods
Interactive
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Playfield - Protection
NinjaCamp Mods
Protection
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
9,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Algonquin, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
NinjaCamp Mods
Other
$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods
Plastics
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
WilliPinball Mods
Other
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider erockyoulikea.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1?tu=erockyoulikea and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.