IMG_3100 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240411_225620072.MP (resized).jpg
20240410_181338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_184826850.MP.jpg
IMG_5558 (resized).jpeg
PNG image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #91 Rush song list Posted by Bill2112Rush (2 years ago)

Post #1378 RULES. Link to RUSH Rulesheet Posted by Av8 (2 years ago)

Post #1389 TECH: SWITCHES. Lockdown bar action button not working - fix Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1818 MOD: SOUND. Amp DIY upgrade for RUSH Posted by TinyBlackDog (2 years ago)

Post #2123 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter lane adjustment to stop rattling ball launch Posted by Coyohtay (2 years ago)

Post #3107 TECH: SOUND. Headphone Jack no-boot when installed workaround Posted by AUKraut (2 years ago)

Post #3632 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Scoop losing track of balls. Posted by Schwaggs (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drummermike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#189 2 years ago

In on a Premium. Hope the scoop protectors are no longer an issue when these are made. Will put Rush next to my LZ premium.

2 weeks later
#690 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

What's the best Rush LP? I'm jamming out to these tunes and want to grab some vinyl to get into the deep cuts

Moving Pictures!

#808 2 years ago
Quoted from Photopin:

Unless this is some new engineering d sign, it looks like a real sloppy job of putting these screws in. Only one of the six on this side are flush. The other five are screwed in at all kinds of angles. All six if them are akimbo on the other side
[quoted image]

I changed my LZ and will change my RUSH with new large Williams style brackets. They have a lot more threads than the Stern brackets.

Pinball Life part number 01-11400-1

#811 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

How are the Williams brackets diff? Never seen,,

They are longer and slightly wider. The new ones have a round threaded piece welded on for the bolts. I use longer bolts. Pinball Life has them. PL part number 01-11400-1. Marco probably has them also.

#813 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This should give you the idea. I made this before Stern backed off their full-out cheapening and returned to 60% size williams-style brackets:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/reinforcing-stern-cabinet-legs-step-by-step

Well done.

#882 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Thanks for the detailed pics and review. What do you think of the code? I like the 123 albums. I saw a video on a Weapon collect. Curious what Tim S is up too.
Does anyone have a link to the translucent sling rubbers like JJP uses. Gary, why does Stern is use cheap black rubbers?

Pinball Life has Perfect Play translucent rings.

#1405 2 years ago

Anyone know why RUSH LE is not in the machine list?

#1849 2 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Just got notice my premium is shipping IT'S HAPPENING!

I hope I get a call soon for my premium. Mods are waiting!

#2266 2 years ago

My distributor said my premium will be the June run. Hope by then the code will be more complete and the scoop protectors are fixed.

#2319 2 years ago
Quoted from GaryMartin:

Re-tap the captive nut. If you deal with pins for very long you're going to want a tap for leg bolts anyway. Be gentle starting it but it should go into the captive nut in the leg anchor without a ton of force.
If you can't re-tap it you can always just replace the leg anchor. They're not expensive and fairly easy to swap out.
Not sure if this one is compatible with current Sterns, but this is what I'm finding:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/535-7394-00

I tried these plates and found the holes did not line up with the factory holes in my LZ.

I put in the larger Williams type plates. PL part number 01-11400-1. I will be using them in my RUSH premium also.

#2331 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Premium member
[quoted image]

More pictures please.

2 weeks later
#3807 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Not a huge Rush fan so what is the washing machine significance to the band?

Had them on stage when they toured. You could see them working.

3 months later
#7467 1 year ago

Just paid my balance for RUSH premium. Should get it in a couple of weeks. Made room next to LZ premium.

Lots of mods waiting to be put in.

1 month later
#8501 1 year ago

Finally.

20220801_115026 (resized).jpg20220801_115026 (resized).jpg20220801_115036 (resized).jpg20220801_115036 (resized).jpg20220801_124722 (resized).jpg20220801_124722 (resized).jpg
#8504 1 year ago

Thanks. I spent most of the day putting in mods. More to do tomorrow.

I did enjoy the few games I did play. It is fast. Lots to do.

#8506 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:You cannot believe how good pinwoofer and an external sub sounds on this game. Cleans it up soooooo much

I put in Flipper Fidelity speakers. I did that in 4 of my Sterns. That is enough for my tastes.

#8512 1 year ago
Quoted from Starman_2112:

Ive had my first minor part bust on my Rush premium and this is the first pinball I have owned. The rubber on a slingshot busted. Wheres the best place to buy a new one (and any other future minor thing like this) and which rubber is considered the best (Ill replace both). I'm guessing they are not a one size fit all part. Thanks for the help.

Rush slings are 2" rubber. I just put in a set of Perfect Play from Pinball LIfe.

#8527 1 year ago

Received my RUSH premium on Monday. I ordered second day in January. Spent Monday and today putting in all the mods I have been storing. Williams style leg brackets, black leg bolts with stainless steel washers, shaker, knocker, FF speakers, flasher dice, flasher rabbit and hat, time machine lights (not in yet), Ninja scoops protector, PP sling and flipper rubber, mylar flipper button protectors, Invisiglass. Waiting for expression lighting kit.
Rush with Mods (resized).jpgRush with Mods (resized).jpg

#8580 1 year ago

I have been playing lots of games since I got the new RUSH set up on Monday. I really like this pin!

I had a few issues. The left scoop would usually drain SDTM. I think Hayfarmer suggested putting two small washers under the left side of the scoop under the pf. This fixed the SDTM. Now always goes to the right flipper. The ball has gotten stuck on the lift ramp quite often. I have shaken the ball off. I thought of putting on a small piece of mylar to extend the ramp. I see some have moved the ramp closer to the Time Machine. When I went to change some settings, sometimes pressing the buttons on the service assembly did not work or the menu on the screen would fly through dozens of choices like the button was stuck. Eventually I changed the settings. Anyone else have that happen?

#8667 1 year ago

Just a quick shout out to Melissa at Cointaker for the RUSH premium. Erica and Andy for the delivery. All the mod makers, especially John at Space Coast Pinball. Great work from all!

#8719 1 year ago

Anyone else having the right flipper sometimes gets weaker during multiball? I just installed new .98 code.

2 weeks later
#9079 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Not a single vuk reject here, and the shooter lane fix from ninja solved the problem.

I have a last run premium and have no issues. I did install the NC scoop protectors that fit perfectly. Horse blinders are gone.

1 week later
#9250 1 year ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

So with the help of a fellow pinsider Kevin (Thank You!) it looks like I’ll be taking out the Stern Scoop fix with the black Rubber nubs and going with the ninja scoop protector in a couple weeks - how is everyone’s holding up after 100’s of plays? And I Still can’t decide on what color for my LE!

I have an original tan protector. I would go with black next time. The tan does get dirty from the ball roll overs.

The Ninja protector is so much better than the Stern "fix".

3 weeks later
#9718 1 year ago

Talked to Jon Borg yesterday at the Cointaker party. He was wearing a RUSH tee shirt.

#9829 1 year ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

The VUK protector is a MUST for Prem/LE owners.
I would also highly recommend Cliffys inlane switch protectors since the ball drops right down on those switches to prevent further damage.

I just put down some mylar below the ball drops. I custom cut the pieces from a large sheet of mylar.

I also added the three-piece set of NC lane fixes. Already had the NC scoop protectors!

My VUK looks OK.

1 week later
#9982 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Anyone with the crap menu buttons inside the coin door get a free replacement from their distro?
And the Rush standup target sound is super annoying. Hope they change it.

My buttons did not work properly. My distributor (Cointaker) had Stern send a new no charge replacement in a few days!

#9984 1 year ago

V3

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#10015 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Also note, that final shipping version is black. So really there is a V3 fix and a V3revA fix. Stern switched to black nubs at some point.

It was the first picture I found.

#10016 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

I'm starting to notice a lot of my Stern factory LED bulbs are beginning to fail already, or are literally falling apart.
Others having this issue? What brand do they use? I doubt its Comet. I use them for all my other games and never have issues.
Also...... Has anyone replaced the Red and Blue LEDs in the GI with White? I have considered it. The red and blue just doesn't make sense to me, plus the effect is not that impressive.

I thought about changing to all white also. I changed all the clear domes to frosted in my LZ. The clear are too blinding.

1 month later
#10649 1 year ago

Anybody else make the time machine shot with the upper flipper? I was surprised when I did it today! It was not intentional though.

2 months later
#12161 1 year ago
Quoted from trt8ian:

Hope this is not too off topic, but I would like opinions of Rush owners. Had my Rush LE for over a year and LOVE it. It’s my first pin, and my question is, is there other pins out there as cool and challenging as our Rush? Thinking about picking up a second. Any theme is a consideration, thanks.

LOTR!

Check out my collection.

3 weeks later
#12510 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Anyone know what size the sling rubbber is?
Just noticed mine is chewed up and about to break off [quoted image]

This is why I put in short post rubbers under the sling bands.

2 weeks later
#12757 1 year ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

New to the Rush group. In November I won Pinball Charity Pro raffle. Marco distributes for them. After them not having anything in stock for 4 months, they finally shipped my game, which was a January 2022 build date and the Stern scoop fix was not shipped with the game. Obviously on day 1, the scoop protector began to deform. I scoured through this forum and see there is a mix between the Stern nub fix and the Ninja fix. To my eye, the Ninja seems better, but looking for advice as to what the group thinks is the best. Has the Ninja proven to hold up?

The Ninja is great. Their second version is even better than their original. I have a black one that will not show ball marks.

I got rid of the horse blinders.

#12769 1 year ago
Quoted from CrashJT:

Question: I know the Stern scoop fix came with a MUCH improved hole guard that is a thicker gauge steel than the two(or more) previously released parts. I know the ears/ blinders can optionally NOT be installed. Does the Ninja go straight on the wood? Or does it cover the metal? (Wondering if the OP needs the replacement part anyway.) Thanks.

I put the second version of the Ninja scoop protector in without any mylar. The Ninja seems to be thinner than the Stern metal protector. The ball rolls in nicely. My pin is home use only so I did not think mylar was needed. But you can do what you want. Mylar will add more protection. Get rid of all the Stern scoop parts.

1 week later
#12884 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I wondered the same thing. Just for reference I got the non stern for a smidge cheaper on pinball life and it's just fine.

I have PL shakers in a few of my Stern pins (LZ, RUSH, LOTR). They all work great.

1 week later
#13050 1 year ago

Expression lights ordered!

1 week later
#13447 1 year ago
Quoted from the_carmanizer:

Hi, I have a Rush Pro and I really want to purchase/install the Expression Lighting. The issue is - I have a really low ceiling and I'm unable to flip the playfield all the way open to the backbox without it hitting the ceiling. From what I've read, in order to install expression lights the playfield needs to be removed and it appears that you must be able to completely open the playfield to remove it. Is there any work around on this? ... other than carrying the machine out to my yard? Thanks!!
At least this problem precludes me from needing to spend money on a topper - it won't fit!

Get a Harbour Freight lift table.

#13449 1 year ago

Use lift table to raise pin. Take off legs. Lower pin.

I wish I had bought my HF lift table after buying my first pin. It gets used for many projects.

1 month later
#14698 11 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

What's the best NC scoop protector color? Assuming gray or black?

Black. Ball marks will not show. I replaced gray with black. Looks better also.

#14699 11 months ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Pinball Life has Rush toppers and Expression Lights in stock; https://www.pinballlife.com/rush.html

Nope.

4 weeks later
#15350 10 months ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Any word on EL updates? Are a lot of us still waiting on delivery of day one orders?

Still waiting!

#15352 10 months ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Same here, but the chatter about ELs had died down, so I wasn't sure if everyone had their orders filled.

I was told a while ago that I am on the list for the next shipment. Day one order.

Stern should have put them in the premiums. More money for less.

2 weeks later
#15636 9 months ago

EL lights? Oh, that's right, I did order them day one. Seems so long ago. Still waiting.

#15651 9 months ago
Quoted from Slogan1111:

Again. Should of been included with the premiums. Like LZ. The Stern money grab. A swift kick to the nads ..

This!

4 weeks later
#16063 8 months ago

After about 1.5 years, expression lights are installed. Worth the wait.

#16081 8 months ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Got my lights installed and tested last night. Just need to install the art blades tonight, then put the playfield back in. I ended up having a few extra ferrite cores and I put them on all the locations in the pics. Is this common? Haven't seen it mentioned. In the midst of a flooring project or I'd have gotten it all done last night.

I had one large round ferrite core left over.

#16113 8 months ago

I have one large gray cylinder and 3 small white boxy cores left. I installed 7 in total.
Also, it was impossible to line up the rigging graphics on the bars with the blades. Got it as close as I could.

10 ferrites should be installed.

3 on the right side (top picture on page 13) and 7 on the left side (page 11).

#16119 8 months ago

Hmmm. I've got the 3 on the right, but didn't see 7 on the left per the pics in the instructions. I'll go over them again.

One block is shown in both pictures on page 11.

#16180 8 months ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

kool1 You taking your playfield out for your EL's? If not let me know how it goes. I'm planning on doing mine without taking the PF out.

It is easy to take out the playfield. Only a few connections to unplug. I took it out by myself (not recommended).

Got help to put the pf back in.

#16183 8 months ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

I found this Jack Danger video about taking the playfield out. I'm kind of feeling a little more confident I can do it. The only part that I'm iffy about is the zip tied wire. I cant fully see where that is connected in the video.

There is only one wire bundle. I snipped maybe 3 ties. Easy to see when the pf is lifted.

#16184 8 months ago
Quoted from Fuzzdaddy:

I'd like to make my own Mylar protectives for the playfield. Does anyone know a good source to buy from and what thickness/type? Thanks in advance.

Marco sells mylar sheets. You can cut to suit.

2 months later
#17040 5 months ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

Never thought I'd own an LE, yet here we are. They are so moderately priced and completely unique to the other RUSH flavors, it was a no-brainer. Previous owner has literally every fix installed which is GREAT. Even with 500 plays, the scoops are perfect and protected. I'm still getting a few airballs as I'm a decent player keeping the flow moving, but I assume trying to lower the flipper strength down a tad will help with this. Needless to say I'm here to stay. Now onto these wacky rules!
Actually, I do have one question: The eject from the scoop to the upper-right flipper puts the ball back into said scoop. I understand this is happening so I just lift the flipper, but are y'all just lowering/raising the scoop strenth? What's the best remediation for this?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Congratulations on the LE.

I hit the flipper a little bit later to stop the ball from going back in.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 194.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
WilliPinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 42.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drummermike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1?tu=drummermike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.