IMG_6410 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2562 (resized).jpg
IMG_2578 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2574 (resized).jpeg
20240322_163542 (resized).jpg
20240322_163631 (resized).jpg
20240319_194137 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #91 Rush song list Posted by Bill2112Rush (2 years ago)

Post #1378 RULES. Link to RUSH Rulesheet Posted by Av8 (2 years ago)

Post #1389 TECH: SWITCHES. Lockdown bar action button not working - fix Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1818 MOD: SOUND. Amp DIY upgrade for RUSH Posted by TinyBlackDog (2 years ago)

Post #2123 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter lane adjustment to stop rattling ball launch Posted by Coyohtay (2 years ago)

Post #3107 TECH: SOUND. Headphone Jack no-boot when installed workaround Posted by AUKraut (2 years ago)

Post #3632 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Scoop losing track of balls. Posted by Schwaggs (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cujo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4602 2 years ago

Got a new Rush Pro here and trying to set the pop bumpers solenoid power down a tad.
I don't see a setting in Adjustments anywhere. Found Slings, Trough Shooter, etc but not the Pops.
Is that setting "fixed"?
Thanks.
CuJo

#4840 2 years ago

I have a very early Rush Pro built Jan 27th.

My dealer told me that the scoop kits were shipped to them last week but they didn't show this week.

I have mylared around the scoops for now and watching closely for any damage. I already had a small chip come off in front before I mylared but the new scoop protector should cover it. It came with a protector that had to be taken off immediately as it lifted within a few games.

Does anyone know what Stern has shipped out for scoop protectors for the pro's?
Will they do both the front and side scoops?

If it's going to be the "blueberry sandwich" version as I 've seen someone call it on here, I'm gonna to order the Ninja before Stern's even arrives.

20220402_134216 (resized).jpg20220402_134216 (resized).jpg
#4843 2 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

My pro was built Jan 14 and I haven't heard back from Stern either, every time I emailed them I would get the same canned response that their engineers are working on it. Don't care anymore though as I bought and installed the protector Ninja makes which works great.

Would you send me their email address for Stern that you used. My dealer who I trust told him they had been shipped to them. Unless Stern was telling him an "untruth". Do you know what Stern is planning or has sent out for scoops? Anyone?

#4855 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

I believe the “blue sandwich” may be it.
(Also wanted to type blueberry sandwich just once - )

Now that I know that I may be waiting for a blueberry sandwich (which is ugly as Heck) and the upper left scoop isn't included, I'm gonna go with the Ninja protector.

#4885 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I had never heard Countdown. Wow.

Always one of my faves from Rush...The music video of Countdown is a super goosebump maker for me.

#4887 2 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

Now this one did take 5 minutes. Remember this guy? I think he works in a sandwich shop somewhere in the Arabian Peninsula now. Used to be the ultimate company guy, too. Eagerly awaiting your downvote of disapproval.
[quoted image]

Now that is Funny!!!!

#4889 2 years ago

I have a question about the Ninja scoop protector which looks awesome BTW.

Those who have installed them, do they move at all during play during random ball contact since they are so lightweight?

Would it benefit the install to put a peel and stick tape on the two front edges to prevent movement and lifting during play?

Like Cliffy does with his scoop and switch edge protectors to keep them securely in place?

#4893 2 years ago

I am having trouble ordering from NinjaCamp.
I have tried two visa cards and keep getting "Your card number is invalid" when I enter the last digit.
And yes, my credit is excellent so not me...frustrating...

Fixed. Needed to match Shipping address first name from Ken to Kenneth to match my CC.

#4895 2 years ago
Quoted from usafstars:

try a different web browser, or PM them directly and see if they can handle it that way.

I got it. It was because my Shipping name first name said Ken and not Kenneth to match CC.

#4981 2 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

That makes sense to me because the blue version has been out a while now but Stern support still talks as if they are working on a solution.

My local Stern dealer told me that Stern had shipped them scoop protectors 10 days ago but I went ahead and ordered a NinjaCamp Grey Pro model anyway.
Either way, gotta put something down other than the mylar I put down already. I check it every so often to make sure all is well in scoop-world.

#5004 2 years ago

Not liking the fact that this front scoop protector "fix" from Stern V3 prevents the ball from entering the front scoop from the sides now.
Changes the parameters of scoring just a tad...

#5011 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

It’s really easy to add and remove it, if you want to try it both ways. Let’s set aside the appearance for a minute, and I’ll tell you why I like it. First, it’s still really easy to make that shot. I’ve never had a problem collecting a Mystery when I really wanted it. Which leads to the important part: it’s harder to slop-collect the Mystery when I don’t want it. The simplest example of this is just before starting a MB. You want to save the Mystery for the last moment, when you’re down to one ball. Would rather have 2.5M?

You make some valid points there (No pun intended).

So you have this protector installed with the blue side rubbers? What I can see happening is the ball strikes the rubber and bounces hard back SDTM.
There won't be a scoop eject timer to save the ball when that happens. Has this happened to you yet?

I wish my Popeye has some side rubbers for that center scoop. When the ball hits the sides of that heavy duty scoop entrance there is some serious clank and reject.

#5148 2 years ago

I picked up my Rush Scoop protector kit tonight from my Stern dealer for my Rush Pro who receive them in today.
The rubbers on it aren't blue anymore. They came on it as black so not quite as ugly IMHO.

I also have the Ninja Camp protector I got on Wednesday and now deciding which one to install.

Has anyone here installed the latest Stern protector kit Stern just released yet?
If so, your thoughts?

I am still leaning on just installing the NinjaCamp one I got in grey and holding on to the Stern as a spare or conversation piece.

#5158 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'd stick the Stern one in the drawer and see how a NinjaCamp or Cliffy goes in there over time instead.
Did you get the switch upgrade kit for the subway, too? The dist is sending me both and said Stern is sending them out together...

No switch. Is there one needed for the pro?

#5205 2 years ago
Quoted from CrashJT:

Fwiw, I just installed the two Stern kits per Stern directions. It wasn't hard at all. The only funky part was dialing in the new trough switch before putting in the new screw that holds it in place. Maybe I was just unlucky, but I guess the way the switch was, it was being depressed without a ball. Maybe spend an extra 5 seconds double checking that before loosely attaching the two opto screws closest to the kicker and note that they're going into plastic, so a light touch on them. Have only played a few games so far, but will try more tonight.
For those worried about their playfield with version 2 protectors (with the forks on top), my experience was that in over 516 games (lifetime 558) my playfield had a very light scratch on the left edge of the front scoop on top of the thin black outline. It's under the new protector now (or any you'd choose to install except possibly Mantis if you did no top protection.) The pictures show the scratch and the rest of that stuff is wax that got under the protector. Pics are a bit out of order, there are 2 of the old fork and protectors. Rest are new. Obviously your mileage may vary.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Would you let us know how you like the latest Stern kit, esp. if the black rubbers up front rebound the ball hard back at the flippers or STDM?
I'm hoping that rubber absorbs most of the balls energy.

#5298 2 years ago
Quoted from CrashJT:

Correction, there are two (other) 1/2" #2 Phillips heads that hold the pads on below the first plastic. ( See two screws at front of image. )[quoted image]

I don't know why but it reminds me of horse blinders...

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5327 2 years ago

Question about the stock subwoofer in the Rush Pro. I own 2 Spike2 pins, IM PRO and RUSH PRO.
I put both into DJ Mixer mode tonight to test volume levels.

I can't seem to crank the volume past 20-22 on Rush without certain bass notes making the speaker cone rattle slightly, esp. Far Cry.
If I try to go to 28, forget it. The bass is too much and woofer can't handle it. Rattles...pops

I can crank IM PRO up to level 28 and it doesn't do that with some of the bass-ier songs.. It also sounds more clear and crisp.

Do I have a bad cabinet speaker? Can someone try cranking Far Cry up to Volume 24-26 and see how the woofer performs?

My normal play level is like 16-18 when playing the pin but I do like to put them in DJ mixer mode sometimes and crank volume up.

Thanks.

Added 23 months ago:

Seems like it's the plastic mesh Stern now uses instead of metal screen to protect speaker. If I put my hand on the plastic mesh, it solves the problem.
Anyone else experiencing this on their game? Maybe it wasn't stretched tight at install?

#5468 1 year ago
Quoted from donjagra:

Yes, I had to remove my sub and raise it up on rubber washers to make the screen stop rattling.

So it's not just mine after all.
Did you leave the plastic protective mesh on after raising the sub on rubber washers?

#5705 1 year ago
Quoted from jpc211245:

Congrats to all the new owners. The game is absolutely marvelous, my favorite all time.
A ton of props to all the mod makers. There is so much amazing Rush stuff out there. Bravado!
The Ninja scoop protector is really operating very well after about 80 games. I put mylar under it.
The Ninja ramp protectors are doing a great job too after about 50 games. They are very subtle and effective. The left stock ramp protector was toast after 200 games.
I needed to replaced the right slingshot rubber after 240 plays.
Using Blue Titan flipper bands and also trying Marcos superbands. The Marcos are much stiffer.
Carbon steel balls from ball Barron have been dynamite for about 100 plays so far. They respond well to waxed playfield it appears.
Playing with headphones (Bose q35) is absolutely my favorite way to play. So immersive. Crystal clear, concert volume. I used pinnovators headset/subwoofer option. Remarkable. Definitely the best pinball mode I’ve ever experienced.
I love the Cygnus mini mode option but i am not really sure what I am doing yet. Now that we can pick Cygnus to play a full game, I’m wondering if there is any chance we could get another song or even two in a major update? An “encore” topper or something uniquely Rush. I’d like to fantasize and nominate 3.
Xanadu
Roll the Bones
Vital signs

I would like to nominate Countdown from Signals.
Amazing 80's video on You Tube as well.
I was working at IBM in the 80's when this song came out.
Still makes me welt up with pride to hear it/watch it with the vintage Nasa video clips integrated into the video.
Love Neil's drum work and the opening "stun" guitar chords from Alex.
This song gives me goosebumps every time...
Amazing beat changes at 1:15 and 3:10 mark too...so amazingly talented! They looks like kids in this video too!

#5774 1 year ago
Quoted from bouche03:

HELP! So my LE is about to get its glass smashed…every auto plunge or manual around the orbit goes straight through the bumpers and SDTM. Anyone else have this and fixed it? Do the guides need to be adjusted or bent? Seriously over this machine and find myself playing Jurassic Park pro more often and enjoying it more than Rush, which is sad since I was so stoked for this game. Very clunky as well on the right side guides…

Happens to me every so often on my Pro as well.
I hope that it catches one of the three pop bumpers on the way around and down.. In fact, I'll nudge the pin to make sure it does.

#5966 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Guessing that it was one of the early builds that didn't have a ferrite bead on the power line to the stepper motor and it burned up the board. There's a service bulletin for installing the part (502-8017-00) on it, but it didn't affect a huge number of machines because stern caught it pretty fast. Documented here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/94#post-6869212
Or it could have just been a defective node 10.

I have an early Rush Pro built on Jan 27th, 2022. Would you happen to know when they caught the Node 10 board issue and fixed it in production?

#5994 1 year ago

Can someone confirm that the stock subwoofer speaker grill is plastic and no longer metal on the newer Sterns?
I want to replace mine with either a metal grill so it'll quit vibrating on volumes >21.
Does a replacement subwoofer kit include a new metal grill?

Would this be the right one to buy for a stock Rush Pro? I think I need a 7" X 7" metal, not the 4" I just listed, but I can't find one.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/535-8081-01

Think I found them:
https://www.absolutepinball.com/shop/speaker-grill-cover-perforated-steel-7-x-7-under-cabinet-data-east-bally-williams-stern-sega/

#6012 1 year ago
Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

These flippers were as soggy as the Allentown weather last weekend! As usual, recent demo games constantly mobbed throughout. I spent way more time with the many rare old birds in the free play area.
Definitely try to catch Stern's Mike V if you cross paths. He was absolutely as others described in this thread, a real pleasure to talk to and very grateful to receive appreciation from randos on show floors.
Tim and Ray were playing the Circuit event but I knew better than to try to breach that perimeter for such foolishness as an attaboy - Levi probably would have Kanedafied me right on out of there, LOL. Hope to catch up with all three at OBX in the fall.
[quoted image]

Any ever notice or comment on Geddy's bass before now?
In this pic, one of the cabinet's artwork show his bass with three tuning screws and 4 tuning nuts with 6 strings while the next cabinet shows four tuning screws, 4 tuning nuts and 4 strings (accurate). Was this changeup on artwork on purpose?
My Rush Pro built in Jan 2022 bass has 6 strings, 4 tuning nuts and 3 hand screws. LOL

I noticed this the first day I looked at the artwork at my Stern dealer store and was like WOW, did they ever screw that up! But maybe it was intentional?

Only the artist would know...or does anyone on here know why it was done this way?

#6017 1 year ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

Can't wait for the "3 knob cabinets" to become "collectors items"

I wonder how many were made like that before it was corrected?

At first I was thinking, I'd never buy this game if they can't even get the bass drawn correctly.
Now I'm kind of happy I got the rare art one (possibly)...like finding a two headed Lincoln penny...

#6040 1 year ago
Quoted from donjagra:

And now I will never unsee it. Weird thing is only one side is like that, the other side is normal
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Welcome super rare Rush Pro owner. My pin left side is against a wall so I had to look after your post.
Yep, the left side of the cabinet art has the 4 string bass with the 4 tuning knobs and the left side has the 6 string bass with the 3 tuning knobs.
Welcome to the Rush Pro super rare collector edition!
Stern, you've outdone yourselves this time!!!

Does it bother you? I find it hilarious that Stern probably knew this and did it anyway. I could care less. I sort of like it like that now....Rare (I hope).

#6063 1 year ago
Quoted from j_m_:

the art file for the right side of the cabinet was incorrect (the wrong layers selected in the original file) when stern made the initial run of pro machines back in january. the error wasn't caught until machines were shipped. I believe that stern offers a replacement decal for that side of the cabinet for pro owners.

Wonderful. So I need to install the new scoop protector fix, peel off the artwork on one side of my cabinet and install the new artwork ( if I can get it) and replace the rattling plastic mesh covering my subwoofer that vibrates on all the low notes on volumes over 18.

Will probably see if Stern will send me or my dealer the artwork but dang they should be paying me for my time to install it.
I have enough pinball issues to fix on my older machines. Shame to have to make time to fix a new pin like this.

#6074 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Really? Please, go on.
I’m enjoying the game quite a bit.

Yes, I'd like to know what other issues? It seems like the Premiums & LE's are having some node board issues. I have a Pro thou.

Two of the three issues I listed are pretty bad to have to deal with a NIB pin, especially after paying the new increased $6900 price on a PRO.
This deal kind of fell into my lap and I took it. Wasn't really sure about it for that $$$ but I love Rush so I bit the bullet.

I bought a IM PRO NIB about 6 months ago for a grand less with just one issue, the metal overlay up top that edge curled up and held the ball. I got the new metal plate from my dealer, put it in and no more issues there. IM Pro really rocks! Best Stern pin release (for me) since Metallica Pro.

#6079 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

why bother changing the artwork ,I would put the new art in a drawer for later.

I don't even know if Stern will give me the artwork. I'll find out tomorrow when I call my Stern dealer.
No,I don't plan on changing the artwork on the cabinet.
If I get it, I'll just throw it in the cabinet or somewhere.

But the scoop protector and the plastic mesh, for sure.

#6124 1 year ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Curious how folks have adjusted their orbit guide to avoid SDTM off a full/auto plunge. Never adjusted guides before and don't wanna mess it up, but it's flying through the pops and not catching anything, or occasionally catching a quick edge and bouncing toward the right outlane. Thanks in advance for the help - game is taking a bit to get dialed but making progress.

I'm now trained like Pavlov's Dog to nudge every plunged ball as it comes around into the pops area...

#6143 1 year ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Oh for sure, happy to do that as well - mostly just curious if that's the intended design or if I need to make some adjustments.

Quoted from schudel5:

Hopefully nobody is doing a full plunge. I know for me, the short plunge "rattle" (where it doesn't make it up the lane ramp) to a perfect short plunge to one where it's just too much and rolls around the orbit to the pops is tight. I see now in this code, a bad plunge where I doesn't make it out of the shooter lane, shuts off the skill shot and then the auto plunger kicks the ball all the way around into the pops. I can live with it canceling the skill shot, but wish there was a way to turn off the auto plunge unless you are in multiball. I can usually manually plunge before the auto plunger fires, but not always.

I meant the auto plunge. That auto plunge is annoying if you skill shot try goes short and falls back on the plunge switch. . I try to time missing it too.

#6248 1 year ago
Quoted from CrashJT:

I dug out a few "Choice" Rush Tour shirts for a recent Prog Cruise. I only wear for "Special Occasions." I picked ones that related to the Rush pinball machine for the cruise. I'm sure others have similar cool tour memorabilia. Here they are.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome shirts. I saw Rush in Tampa FL on 10/01/2010 and found that stop on your shirt. Last time I saw them perform with my better half.. Next to last show on that US tour. They were winding down that tour and still had a LOT of energy!

#6272 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

Love to see Countdown as an option with original video. Should have been standard on this game with Xanadu. Just wishing. Anyhow excellent work!

Agreed..I've got a lot of Rush "favorites" but that 80's Countdown music video puts it over the top for me!
I've watched that video over 20 times since Rush pin came out and it gives me goosebumps every fricken time....just brings out so much emotion in me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 229.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 16.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 42.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cujo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1?tu=cujo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.