IMG_3100 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240411_225620072.MP (resized).jpg
20240410_181338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_184826850.MP.jpg
IMG_5558 (resized).jpeg
PNG image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #91 Rush song list Posted by Bill2112Rush (2 years ago)

Post #1378 RULES. Link to RUSH Rulesheet Posted by Av8 (2 years ago)

Post #1389 TECH: SWITCHES. Lockdown bar action button not working - fix Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1818 MOD: SOUND. Amp DIY upgrade for RUSH Posted by TinyBlackDog (2 years ago)

Post #2123 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter lane adjustment to stop rattling ball launch Posted by Coyohtay (2 years ago)

Post #3107 TECH: SOUND. Headphone Jack no-boot when installed workaround Posted by AUKraut (2 years ago)

Post #3632 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Scoop losing track of balls. Posted by Schwaggs (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brainmegaphone.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8398 1 year ago

I have joined the club with a Premium. I am really enjoying the game so far.

Two questions-

1. I'm a little frustrated that Stern now includes Insider. They are kind of like the cable company when they add new channels I'll never watch and increase the price of my service telling me it is better and worth more. Since I assume I cannot realistically remove the Stern Insider feature from the game physically I wanted to see if anyone on here has done anything creative to cover up that code reader box on the apron? It looks terrible - and I assume that was on purpose so people would see it in a bar/arcade environment.

2. I saw through searching that at least one pinsider put the playfield protector on and had a few notes. Has anyone else done so? What was your experience with this game? Tips and tricks appreciated. Doing a topside teardown seems to me to be harder on this one than some of my other titles.

#8407 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I'll never use the reader, just dont see the need for it personally. The light drove me nuts so I did this.[quoted image]

Thanks for the responses all! So is this just a photo or something you printed and cut out to go over the reader thing? I like the look of it.

The magnetic apron (while really nice looking) is probably more involved than I would like. I'm going for as original as possible with a tweak to this reader thing. For now I'll probably just unplug it as suggested.

To those that enjoy the reader and features - more power to you. To date I still have never used Scorbit with my GNR. I'm just not into this stuff. As often as I can in life I keep my phone away from me and don't like to pick it up unless it rings. Pinball is an escape and when I see things that want to integrate into apps and keep me looking at my phone it makes me cringe.

If Stern wants to offer me rewards (free invisiglass or discounts on accessories) from my playtime and achievements I'll hook it up.

#8410 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I put the pic I printed on plain old paper, and taped it under the reader. Eadybti take off, cable is a bit tight but manageable

It would be nice if someone made an apron magnet (sized just for this spot). It would look someone like the magnets that JJP put on GNR (and maybe other games I'm not sure).

2 months later
#9825 1 year ago

Anyone have a good brand of USB stick they recommend for the update? The 64GB one I had isn't being recognized... going for something smaller. I'm assuming they need it to be in Fat 32?

#9830 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

partition to 16gig (leave the rest empty) and format it as fat32
Extract the zip on your computer and cooy the files (not the folder) to the drive

Quoted from pete_d:

Any reasonable brand ought to work fine. I can confirm that the drive must be formatted as FAT32, and that exFAT will not work (and presumably nor NTFS...I'm so sure about that I didn't even bother to try ).
I can't comment on whether the drive size has to be limited to 16GB or not, because as it happens, the USB drive I use is only 16GB to start with. But I would trust the previous post on that matter, especially since you're having trouble with the 64GB drive.
One hopes that Stern improves their USB drive software in the near future. It's a little ridiculous in this day and age to not be able to handle anything bigger than 16GB and while lack of NTFS support is perfectly reasonable, lack of support for exFAT is not.

Thank you both - will do that this morning. I figured it had to do with the file format. Every other game I ever updated would update on an 8GB stick and therefore the need to partition it differently never occurred to me. I will work on this today!

2 months later
#10899 1 year ago

Curious if anyone else on here had trouble getting the Ninja Camp VUK protector to work properly? No matter how I situate it - the ball won't trigger the switch. It seems this product is just far too thick. Has anyone had similar issues?

#10904 1 year ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

As mentioned by another poster, sounds like the ring part isn’t sitting flush in the hole. That bottom lip has to stick all the way through. Did you follow NC’s install directions?
Other suggestion would be to make sure everything is lined up properly(VUK/wireform), or that you don’t have something in there blocking it. Did you unplug anything and forgot to plug it back up? Is your coin door open when testing?

So I installed it twice per their instructions. I can’t see any more play on either the top half or bottom half to pull it in one direction or another. It seems it may just be too tall / big? If I nudge the ball with my finger down the vuk switch activates and kicks ball up.

Unless I misunderstand their instructions the bottom lip portion should be on the bottom of the playfield as opposed to jammed into the hole. I’ve pulled it out and reseated it twice with same results. Either I’m missing something (always possible) or it’s design is just a hair too “tall”.

I do not have my coin door open.

#10917 1 year ago

Maybe revisit step 3, does it look like the ring is preventing the switch in any way? Can’t remember without looking, I think there’s a little notch for the switch, isn’t there? Maybe it just needs a slight trim?
http://mjf.me/Pinball/Rush_TPU_VUK_Protector_Installation.pdf
You are correct, bottom ring should be flush to bottom side of playfield, no wiggle room between top and bottom.
Gotta ask, the side with the longer lip, is on the top playfield side, correct? Long piece towards back of the VUK? Just trying to rule out issues without pictures

I followed the installation instructions and photos. So I did not install it upside down if that is what you are asking. Picture below. I also centered the part per the instructions and ensured that my finger could trigger the switch freely (which it can). I actually installed this part with a portion of the topside torn down so I was able to really center it. When it didn't work I had to reinstall it from the bottom up because I didn't want to tear all the parts down again.

I assume I have done it correctly because the small lip is poking out the bottom of the VUK (where the coil mounts back) and I can't see any more "play" to pull it down lower.

Here is my problem - when the ball goes into the VUK it doesn't trigger the switch. The ball sits up too high because I think the ninja camp part may be too "tall". Before ever posting here I started by reaching out to them 4 days ago but when they never responded I figured I'd check on here if you guys had an easy solution. I think it likely just needs to be returned for a new one or I will likely just install the Cliffy and call it a day.

When the ball goes in - no switch triggers. If I push the ball down with my finger the switch triggers (so there are no other mechanical reasons why the switch won't trigger). If i remove the part completely game acts normally. It seems to me I would have to bend the switch way more than a little to get it to reliably trigger.

The purchase receipt from pinside said I should PM Aniraf for issues with the product. Is there an alternate contact I should be reaching out to?

IMG_2890 (resized).JPGIMG_2890 (resized).JPG
#10926 1 year ago

Placing pics here for now, coming back to edit this post shortly.
OK, from what I can see from your pics, it looks ok, curious by what you meant with "I had to reinstall it from the bottom" referring to the 2nd time. Did you install it from the bottom the first time, or from topside? Is there any chance, you may have bent/snagged that switch just a little bit during install? Again, just asking questions to eliminate possibilities, not to judge.
I've included pics of mine, reference them with yours, and see if you notice anything slightly off. Worst case, I'm thinking either the switch got slightly bent/snagged, or something small(TPR spider webbing) is causing the switch not to react properly. Hopefully it'll just take replacing the piece, which NinjaCamp is awesome about. If the same issue persists with 2nd piece, then I'd refer back to the above. It about ruling out the other possibilities.
As you mentioned, you can message Aniraf or OutpostKodelia, and they will follow up with you. Can't remember which one, but one of the accounts, the other doesn't have access to, and that can cause delays in responses. They may have something else going on, but they are extremely great with their customers and messages. You can also post in their thread, to hopefully get more attention from them. Just post you messaged them regarding the VUK protector, and have some questions/trouble.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ninjacamp-mods
Sounds like you've done a great job troubleshooting so far, it's appreciated when people reply back with great detailed info. Not only for myself, but helps others down the road as well. In any case, will be an easy fix, either with a part or readjustment, that's a good place to be with a machine, lol.
Let us know the resolution when it happens.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you. I really appreciate all your time and effort and the photos. I think I am reasonably confident that mine is just defective somehow (probably too tall). I'm sick of tinkering with it and just installed the Cliffy solution instead. If NinjaCamp ever replies back I'll just return this to them and hopefully they will refund me.

I will say the top of my protector does look "taller" than yours. Makes logical sense then that the ball is sitting too high on the extra material.

To answer your question - there was no way I could have snagged the switch as I removed the coil/switch every time I installed. The only difference was my starting approach (top versus bottom) which changed after I put the playfield back together.

Happy to move on and just play my game now. I have a bunch of other projects to do and spent way too much time tinkering with this. The Cliffy install took about 5 minutes and just works. I would recommend that one if you are willing to wait for Cliff to get to your order.

#10950 1 year ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

This is something that is bothering me about this troubleshooting... from what I remember a "taller" protector would maybe cause problems with the ball getting over the VUK, like an extremely slow roller would hit the lip and then roll back out to the playfield. I'm pretty sure the protector is designed to allow the ball to effectively pass through. If the ball is sitting in the protector and above the VUK, requiring you to push it down to trigger the switch, it sounds to me like something might be too wide in the "sleeve" of the protector. With the way they 3D print this I would think it possible, but unlikely. Or maybe it isn't sitting flush against the rim of the drilled VUK hole.
When you press on the ball to get it to trigger the switch, does it feel like it is binding (VUK hole is too tight) or does it feel springy like it just needs a bit more weight to push something down at the bottom? This "feel" might help to zero in on the problem.
I'll try to take a look at mine today, maybe I'm off on my memory/assumptions here.

Appreciate your help - however I'm just going to stick with the Cliffy solution that I have subsequently installed. I'll try to mail this back to them if they ever reply to any of the PMs to either account I sent.

To answer your question, you may be right that when I pushed down on the ball it was "tighter" which might indicate it is too wide (as opposed to too tall). I was just focused on the fact that I couldn't make it "fit" any better than it did and I wanted to really give it a shot to ensure it was a defect versus my install. That said, I installed and removed it enough times that I think I gave it a more than fair shot to get working.

Assuming these are hand cut/printed and can vary a bit from product to product I can understand how some might not work on occasion.

No need for you to spend more time on this but I really appreciate your efforts! This community is amazing!

#10999 1 year ago
Quoted from CloverleafKid:

I agree with this. Probably a lot! I'm certainly not one of the "better" players or at least not since I had decades with little to no practice.
I HAVE A QUESTION: Who here prefers to keep a pile of quarters handy and play the game arcade style rather than setting it to "Free Play"? Honestly I haven't gone searching the forum to see if this question has already been discussed or polled. If there's another thread I'll gladly move my thoughts there.
IMHO I say "Just say NO to Free Play". If I can afford to spend thousands on a game then I can afford to keep a roll or two of quarters circulating through the machines. Once I finally get more games I'm going to get some custom made tokens.
I'm a NEW home user, closer to age 60 than the 10-25yo I was when I was around arcade pinballs and video games all the time for one reason or another. I always needed quarters. Quarters or tokens. I was probably hanging by the jukebox with a "radio edit" single version of Working Man playing.
When I started playing Rush Premium this year, the first game I ever bought, I had it on free play. I've enjoyed, but I hate not getting rewarded with a free game when I deserved it with the loud POP. Or hearing the POP upon matching and hearing Alex telling me I have to play again. Like, "Come on, honey, Geddy's telling me to play again, I can't disappoint him."
Anyways, that's my story.
Are you on the side of Free Play or coin op?

So this question comes up from time to time (especially on the arcade forums).

Total personal preference obviously... but I would say that as I got more games in my collection the idea of loading money in and messing with the coin doors never appealed to me. When I have time to play I like to fire off game after game and it would be too tedious to deal with coins. The software tracks all the stats like games played, etc and that's just fine for me.

I think I've noticed a trend that people new to the hobby like to do the coins and as they get deeper into the hobby the novelty of it wears off.

2 weeks later
#11351 1 year ago

The $500 "Treasure Box" isn't something I find much value in and I will choose not to buy it. I don't feel outrage or anger, I just don't want to buy it and so I won't.

I'm confused by the reactions in this post. People are expressing outrage at levels which seem inappropriately high to me. Furthermore, many of these same people are ready to line up and spend the same amount or more on expression lighting which is about $50 worth of materials (at best) and can't wait to hand over their money to Stern.

I bet the package sells out (not to me) before Christmas. Why is Stern charging $500? Because they can and will get it. They are a for profit company and don't owe us anything. I understand this reality may sting a bit - but it is reality.

Lastly - do we think Geddy and Alex signed these for free? How much can they be paid for their signature? How much is okay and how much is wrong? Why no outrage towards them and only at Stern?

#11353 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

Are you sure they weren’t just like hourly workers and while they were waiting for their turn to do callouts Stern had a pile of stuff for them to sign so they weren’t wasting time?

I'm positive that didn't happen. During their downtime they almost certainly were soldering node boards... which might explain some things...

2 months later
#12648 1 year ago

I did not see it in a key post - but my shooter rod does not seem to be launching the ball far enough (it often takes 2-3 shots just to get it out of the lane). It does not look crooked or misaligned and as far as I can tell unscrewing the metal portion where the ball rests before launching and trying to "slide it back" isn't improving it much. Anything I'm missing?

1 month later
#13632 1 year ago

What is the best distributor to buy the Rush accessories from? I've looked at a few webpages and either they say "coming soon" so you can't order/backorder or they don't even mention the accessories. Even Stern's own website doesn't let you order them.

1 month later
#14406 11 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

So $1700 + shipping for a topper and we have mod it now. Got it. LOL!

Come on - let’s be fair: no one HAS to mod anything — some pinball people choose to mod everything whether it needs it or not.

3 weeks later
#15060 10 months ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Anyone else waiting on their rush topper from stern ?

I believe many of the people who ordered from Flip N Out pinball are still waiting. Locked in with deposits we'd have to eat to cancel...

#15090 10 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

I know it's not Zach's fault but man is it frustrating. Ordered and paid in full end of March and crickets. I won't pre-order again. Next time I'll wait for stock.

One thing I wonder is whether Stern enforces the penalty for cancelling or if that is just Flip N Out. The frustrating part is watching all these other places get inventory and sell out (then get more inventory later etc). How can these other vendors continue to get what *appears* to be unspoken for inventory while other distributors have unfulfilled pre-orders?

I don't understand the business model so I'm honestly just asking the question out of curiosity.

3 weeks later
#15494 9 months ago

Did anyone else install the side armor? I noticed it comes with 3 additional screws (per side) which seem completely unnecessary to holding the armor down properly. Am I wrong? I hate to drill 3 new holes (per side!) into my cabinet for the purpose of "protecting" it.

#15498 9 months ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Any lollipop rails come with extra screws to secure them. If you're committed to using the rails, commit to the screws.

Are you sure? The rails on my Ghostbusters and my Simpsons Pinball Party do not have the extra screws. Neither do the ones sold by Pinball life...

https://www.pinballlife.com/black-button-guard-side-rails-for-stern.html

3 weeks later
#15818 9 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

I think that's what Stern is telling distros.

Kind of funny how Stern can't deliver any clear or accurate information to distributors which (if true) then the distributors shouldn't be bound to buy the items and should be allowed to reduce their orders from Stern without penalty... in which case the distributors should not be holding cancellation penalties over potential buyers.

However...

1 month later
#16331 7 months ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

WOW this is crazy giving it away.... I take cash so if you want to give it away..

If you want to sell a game quickly you have to take a small hit and it is clear that ExSquid gets that and that is why his game sold. I respect that more so then a person who is selling something for $50 off MSRP while they complain that there are no "serious buyers" because the game has been unsold for 6 weeks. (not calling anyone in this thread out - just something I notice generally on these forums)

1 week later
#16406 7 months ago
Quoted from Pinballbuyer:

I sold the machine to a fellow modder today. The game was at Pintastic all day Friday and got alot of plays. I had contact and mod info on the machine. I was curious if enough people actually saw and played it maybe there would be more interest. I did not get a single email or text about the machine or the mod. I was also burned out as I kept trying revisions. I hit that artistic point of I just want it gone. The new owner is happy with the machine and that is great and made it worth while. Thanks for the comments. On to Venom..
Jay

I think you were expecting interest from the wrong crowd. I'm not sure how many people at Pintastic (which I was at for a couple hours) actually own a Rush game. Those that do own a Rush game likely didn't see your mod because they didn't wait in a line to play a game they own.

#16440 7 months ago
Quoted from Jesterpester:

Weird thing happened tonight. Played a game and didn’t do all that well. At the end of the game it had me enter for high score #2. Weird with my not so great score. Then went though and listed my high scores for all the modes etc. Realized the machine had reset ALL the high scores with the exception of Grand Champion. Nobody has been in the menu for a couple of weeks at least so it didn’t accidentally get reset but I have no idea what would cause this.

I believe there is a setting which resets high scores after X games. That may have been what happened. You can change that setting.

2 months later
#17156 5 months ago
Quoted from Wizrdofwor:

I added Chrome highly polished “super-shiny” pinballs from Titan Pinball. They look great and sparkle on the playfield but now the Time Machine does not capture the balls as easily, or at all. Anyone experience this? On one hand the game is easier now as there are less drains…

They do warn you these balls may magnetize if the game uses magnets. I wonder if in your case they are making it harder to react to the magnet?

1 week later
#17234 4 months ago
Quoted from Photopin:

You should probably showcase these lit up. Unlit, those kind of look like LED condoms.

Before you cash in that combo you want to be safe!

1 week later
#17336 4 months ago
Quoted from Big_G:

Can I ask where you bought the Primus machine? Thanks.

Cointaker has one for sale too…. for like $15k…

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

6,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersburg, IN
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, GA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 194.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brainmegaphone.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1?tu=brainmegaphone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.