20240322_163631 (resized).jpg
20240319_194137 (resized).jpg
20240319_194051 (resized).jpg
IMG_5172 (resized).jpeg
20240313_124509 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_232015126 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_230406999 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #91 Rush song list Posted by Bill2112Rush (2 years ago)

Post #1378 RULES. Link to RUSH Rulesheet Posted by Av8 (2 years ago)

Post #1389 TECH: SWITCHES. Lockdown bar action button not working - fix Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1818 MOD: SOUND. Amp DIY upgrade for RUSH Posted by TinyBlackDog (2 years ago)

Post #2123 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter lane adjustment to stop rattling ball launch Posted by Coyohtay (2 years ago)

Post #3107 TECH: SOUND. Headphone Jack no-boot when installed workaround Posted by AUKraut (2 years ago)

Post #3632 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Scoop losing track of balls. Posted by Schwaggs (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bouche03.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#418 2 years ago

I've played 2 on location so far and both of the scoop protectors were mangled. It's embarrassing that Stern let this crap out the door and it wasn't caught from testing...this is happening within 20 games, surely it would have for them

1 week later
#545 2 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

If that is the case why has it not one LE has been delivered to anyone yet?

I have one arriving today...

#560 2 years ago

LE just showed up!

ABEE8DC2-471B-4C44-8246-1BF053A2A2EC (resized).jpegABEE8DC2-471B-4C44-8246-1BF053A2A2EC (resized).jpeg
#563 2 years ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

7 minutes and no pics of the new scoop?!
Jokes - congrats! That's so exciting.

Unfortunately I'm on my own today so no help with getting legs on etc so might be staying in the box for a bit

#585 2 years ago
04801930-2BE7-40EB-B64C-E9C6145D79AA (resized).jpeg04801930-2BE7-40EB-B64C-E9C6145D79AA (resized).jpeg3DA36CA6-3C27-47C6-94AF-33BA08D0468F (resized).jpeg3DA36CA6-3C27-47C6-94AF-33BA08D0468F (resized).jpegA999319B-AB33-4CC8-BD5A-55EF0A20DF92 (resized).jpegA999319B-AB33-4CC8-BD5A-55EF0A20DF92 (resized).jpegD66C9B9E-1DCC-408E-BDF9-22327D447E8D (resized).jpegD66C9B9E-1DCC-408E-BDF9-22327D447E8D (resized).jpeg
#598 2 years ago

If I could figure out how to post videos I have a few of those too

#601 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

First of all, thanks so much for the pics. Greatly appreciated.
You can upload them to Youtube and then post a link here. That is the easiest way to do it.
How does the side armor look in person?

that's what I just did

#607 2 years ago

More video

#608 2 years ago

Apologize in advance for the poor cinematography

#659 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Discovered them at college in 1990. Hooked ever since. Seen them live more than any other band. Played Ahead by a Century at my wedding. Have some good friends in Kingston. Still not over Downie's death. #RIPGord

Gord had the same cancer that got Neil Peart…I loved seeing The Hip in the US, could get right up front here while in Canada they are playing to sold out arenas. I managed to see them 6 times on the final tour including Kingston.

#662 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

I'm always surprised that any Americans know the Tragically Hip.

I'm actually Canadian...from Victoria. Live in Indiana now...

#663 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Beautiful
And I love the Tragically Hip also, I'm originally from Kingston!

The Hip are my favorite band for sure.

#819 2 years ago

Anyone heard anything from Game Exchange on their LE eta? I thought I would as here first before shooting an email to JJ, which I am sure he has already gotten a dozen times

#840 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Ike:

I spoke with JJ late last week via text, no pins shipped to him yet. I too am wondering with the storms if the call from him comes this week! Luckily the wife and I have been following our favorite band Dead Sara around the country this last week finishing in Denver on Wednesday night at the Paramount, so my urge to text JJ every day has been muted…
And if ya’ll haven’t heard of Dead Sara… you should check them out.
[quoted image]

I just got a call on mine, shipping today...but with R&L carriers. Hopefully *knock on wood* they don't mess it up

#982 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackwolf:

Thanks for the quick responses. I just found that post so I'll open it up and take a look inside before removing the stool it's sitting on.
Kinda bummed because I wanted to push it into the arcade room and do the opening that way but I'll survive

I have had this on both my NIB Sterns. Couple tips-open it up and slide playfield back. You don’t have to remove it, just slide it back and you can access the plates from inside the cab. Then thread the bolt in from the back. This should chase the threads if there is an issue there. Next, loosen the screws holding the plate so you can tweak the alignment. It’s usually the wood on the cab that gets in the way of a clean threading I have found….so re-aligning the plate usually solves the issue.

#983 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackwolf:

It was 1/4.
We got the plate off and determined that the threading was bad - we tried to put the bolt in and it wouldn't go in - so we assume the machining process had an issue when they made that part. Luckily, after a few tries with the plate out, the bolt went in more reliably, so we worked out whatever was needed. So, we attached the leg and put the bolts in and then screwed in the plate...
...and one of the heads of the six screws came off. The screw is in and it's pretty darn tight, but I guess someone in the future (hopefully not me) will have lots of fun soldering a new head to that screw to take it out if they want to replace that part!
I will be installing the Pinwoofer kit I have for it tomorrow night...I'm now used to how my Mando sounds with Pinwoofer and it is VERY noticeable.
In terms of the game board, I have had two balls get stuck at the top of the playfield. One on the upper ramp and one underneath it in the orbit. The one on the upper ramp stopped right behind the time machine, and I couldn't even nudge it loose, even after tilting. Had to take the glass down to push it down. It just didn't have that much velocity and it just stopped.
The one that got stuck in the back orbit was able to be gently nudged without triggering a warning.
There was someone else here saying that their upper scoop kickout went to the right flipper and then right back into the scoop, and then back to the right flipper, and then to the scoop - yes, that happens on mine as well.
The shooter rod doesn't seem to have as much power as what I'm used to, so it's kind of weird to me. It might be normal, though, I don't have much of a frame of reference. There was a couple of times the ball would jump up to a platform that I don't think it's supposed to be on, and then come down. Also, there was a wonderful sequence where I would keep draining immediately after plunge, or using the button - I'd drain, and then the hoot again would send the ball directly to the right exit. Repeat on the second ball.
My wife played once, triggered two multiballs, got 48mil, and left. I played about 20 times and yes, I did beat her score once, but every other time has been in the 3-5mil range. Hopefully the Pinwoofer will help (I got my highest score ever on Mando right after I installed the Pinwoofer. Coincidence?)
THANKS AGAIN to those of you who offered advice and/or comfort during setup!
[quoted image]

First thing you should do is lower you level trough eject power so it doesn’t damage shooter lane, lower the auto plunge power so the ball doesn’t rocket to the back right corner and off the playfield and mess with the scoop heft power so you don’t have the repetitive scoop eject, flipper, scoop cycle.

All accessible from service menu

#1100 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

More I think about it the more I want to take both protectors off and go the mylar route
The warranty threat kind of stopped me

If you do let us know the procedure! I feel like taking mine off on my LE and adding clear vinyl around the edges and then re-installing the protector...

#1539 2 years ago

Oh so close to being an LE owner today...unfortunately R&L ruined that for me...

rush 2 (resized).jpgrush 2 (resized).jpg
#1549 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

can you open it up and look or are you just saying hard pass ? I would be pretty upset.

I opened it up. The driver was super apologetic and was the one that suggested opening it. Upon inspection the head was fine. The glass was fine too. But the bottom edges of the cabinet had been hit and split/mushroomed. I should have taken pics, but had already closed the box up. The box says enough though!

#1552 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

curious what le number it was

928 was my requested number

#1553 2 years ago
Quoted from Fussa71:

unbelievable!!
Is it getting shipped back, at their cost?

Distrib re-routed it to Stern for repairs.

#1561 2 years ago

Date I got married actually. Just a gesture to the misses for being on board with the purchase!

1 week later
#2593 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Here’s a better picture of my Premium with the scoop fix. I really don’t mind it.
[quoted image]

Was there anything done for the side scoop, because that is taking a beating too...

#2595 2 years ago

Here’s another pic...I am really interested to see if anything was done for the side scoop?

CACD4314-E427-4FBC-9F03-BC39FFDCB059 (resized).jpegCACD4314-E427-4FBC-9F03-BC39FFDCB059 (resized).jpeg

#2603 2 years ago
Quoted from gandamack:

I'll take it, ugly or not. Seems they could have at least made the scoop protection a themed mod. I could totally see rounding out the 90 degree edges and makine it look like a pair of wheels. Whoo-lah, you now have "between the wheels."

Or at least edges that don't look like a kindergartener cut them...i guess it's too much to ask to have them run some sand paper or something across the edges to make it look somewhat clean...

4 weeks later
#4797 1 year ago
Quoted from jpc211245:

After about 225 plays I noticed one of the Blue Time machine ramp bumpers is about to fail. I’m sure it’s normal wear accelerated by my constant bricking. [quoted image][quoted image]

Maybe I missed something, but did you get this addressed by Stern, and if so, what was their response/solution? Also, I know many if you are using the Ninja protector, but has anyone went with the Mantis or Cliffy kit yet (if that's available...), and if so, how are those doing? I finally got my LE back from Stern after being speared by a forklift with R/L Carriers during shipping. 5 weeks waiting for the repair, tough to be patient!

#4859 1 year ago

What’s everyone setting their pitch at on this?

1 week later
#5262 1 year ago
Quoted from CrashJT:

I've had a 2021 car for a full year. # of times waxed zero. Rush pinball 40 days old, waxed 2x. After cleaning and waxing tonight played several games. At one point I heard a noise and saw tiny screw on the playfield... Game was going well, so I continued... (poor decision). Thought i could "stop" it if things got bad. Fast as lightning, the ball knocks the screw down to the flipper and before I could process (information at half speed), I flipped. The screw went flying. Stopped the game and turned it off. Opened the glass and looked around at playfield level for about 10 minutes or so. Couldn't find it anywhere. Wondered if it may have fallen down below. Noticed that tiny things can travel under a lot of the stuff in there including the inner loop and orbits. Thankfully I noticed that the bottom of the orbit back wall also has several gaps under it. Plugged all of those with rags I had handy and began to slowly lift the playfield. Head the rattle of a tiny screw falling towards the back and stopped. Found the scree next to a rag stuffing one of the gaps. Turns out the screw fell out of the left side blue bumper on the Time Machine ramp. Put some blue lock tite on it and reinstalled. Was going to do it to the other 3, but the other left screw seemed tight, and the right side screws seem impossible to test without ramp removal. I'll save that for another day. Lessons learned: 1. If you see a lose part on the pf, stop! I think I was pretty lucky it didn't damage the pf or get lost. 2. The orbit has gaps under it. Block them if something like this happens to you. 3. Gee, you notice a lot of things you've never noticed when you have a flashlight with your ear to the playfield looking underneath everything! 4. Maybe pulling the playfield till it is sitting on the playfield support rails would make waxing the outlanes and other stuff easier.

I had a similar issue! I has loose screws and washers in the game...took it out and thoroughly inspected game and could not find a spot where it came from, so imagine the factory lost these during the build and couldn't locate and just sent game. Also missing and loose screws under lock down.

On another note, having a couple issues with my LE...issue 1 is on plunges; does anyone else have the ball go clear through the bumpers and straight down the middle for a cheap drain?

Second issue is on the upper right orbit, where the guiderail is lower on the right edge. Is anyone else having issues with this area, both on plunges rattling around and also on fast orbits going both clock wise and counter clock wise having the ball actually roll up over the guide and off of the playfield?

2 weeks later
#5763 1 year ago

HELP! So my LE is about to get its glass smashed…every auto plunge or manual around the orbit goes straight through the bumpers and SDTM. Anyone else have this and fixed it? Do the guides need to be adjusted or bent? Seriously over this machine and find myself playing Jurassic Park pro more often and enjoying it more than Rush, which is sad since I was so stoked for this game. Very clunky as well on the right side guides…

#5765 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Adjust pitch or level. Mine will do this 1 time in 100, can live with that. I'm at 6.8°

I’m at 7.1 and level. Will tweak pitch and hope for the best.

3 weeks later
#6526 1 year ago

New RUSH code! Hopefully it's even better than the last update

3 months later
#9121 1 year ago

Anyone able to unlock Cygnus book 2 yet??!!

3 months later
#11378 1 year ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

The left side of my time machine ramp fell off randomly on my LE during play over the weekend. These little screws went scattering and I only recovered 1 of 4. The part # is 237-6370-00, but I can't find them anywhere.
Has this happened to anyone yet? Do I have to go through my distro or stern to get these little screws? Not sure how much luck I'd have trying to get them at a hardware store.
[quoted image]

I just had this happen to me! What was your end solution for this? Just buy them from McMaster?

1 month later
#12264 1 year ago

So can anyone assist me with a game play question: On Rayday's tutorial, at approx 20:09, he is in multiball and has a ball cradled on both lower flippers. He then does something to lower the top right flipper so he can hit the right orbit. My question is how he got the right upper flipper to drop while not dropping the right lower flipper and losing his ball?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
9,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Algonquin, IL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
WilliPinball Mods
Other
Lighting - Backbox
PinWoofer
Backbox
$ 15.00
Rubber/Silicone
NinjaCamp Mods
Rubber/Silicone
8,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auburn, NH
Playfield - Other
NinjaCamp Mods
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods
Plastics
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods
Plastics
$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards
Pinball Machine
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bouche03.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1?tu=bouche03 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.