IMG_6460 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6410 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2562 (resized).jpg
IMG_2578 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2574 (resized).jpeg
20240322_163542 (resized).jpg
20240322_163631 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #91 Rush song list Posted by Bill2112Rush (2 years ago)

Post #1378 RULES. Link to RUSH Rulesheet Posted by Av8 (2 years ago)

Post #1389 TECH: SWITCHES. Lockdown bar action button not working - fix Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1818 MOD: SOUND. Amp DIY upgrade for RUSH Posted by TinyBlackDog (2 years ago)

Post #2123 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter lane adjustment to stop rattling ball launch Posted by Coyohtay (2 years ago)

Post #3107 TECH: SOUND. Headphone Jack no-boot when installed workaround Posted by AUKraut (2 years ago)

Post #3632 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Scoop losing track of balls. Posted by Schwaggs (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider av8.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#311 2 years ago

Got LE inbound. Rush was my first concert. 1986. They set the bar high. Was the best concert and light show I ever saw.

Does it come with Stern invisiglass?

I hope the rules are deep and use the ramp diverter.

#357 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

PSA: if you haven't watched and/or don't own Beyond the Lighted Stage, better watch it now -- just watched it with my son and Netflix warned us it's going away on Feb. 14![quoted image]

THANKS for Netflix post. https://www.netflix.com/search?q=rush&suggestionId=80233802_video Beyond the Lighted stage documentary.

1 week later
#488 2 years ago

New code gameplay on TPN.

#516 2 years ago

I wish the pin had real drumsticks and guitar pick spinner like GNR. Should have been easy cheap install. Mod potential?

#703 2 years ago

Congrats. How does LE sound? Can you post video?

#726 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

phew, I had to sit down.
Wow.
This game is AMAZING. SO fun. The light show is incredible. Super fast, super flowy, so many things to hit. I finally started blowing things up in my last game before writing this and finished at 431M.
After about 10 games on our new LE -- the pinnacle of my pinball collecting journey -- (plus a handful among my family members) here are some praises along with some constructive criticisms / suggestions for improvement:
-the mirrored backglass on the LE is gorgeous -- though you can only fully appreciate it when the game is turned off. Not a complaint, just saying.
- SO. MANY. SHOTS. I'm sure it's because I don't know what the hell I'm doing yet, but there are so many things to shoot for, it's almost overwhelming. Not a bad thing, especially for novice players, because you'll always successfully do something, even by accident.
- so many songs to choose from -- my family and I agree it'd be nice to have a Random Song option.
- the Mystery definitely needs some sorting out. Several times I was in multiball modes and balls got super stalled in the scoops because it was running a Mystery in the middle of the multiball. Other times, when I wasn't in a multiball, I'd drop it in the scoop to trigger Mystery -- but also happened to trigger Far Cry multiball, so it kicked it out unexpectedly quickly to start the multiball before it finished Mystery, and I was caught with my pants down (figuratively only) because I was watching the Mystery selection the screen. It should finish the mystery first and THEN start multiball.
- My daughter also pointed out (as others have) that the song should change back to your original selection when your specific multiball or mode is over, because otherwise it's hard to tell if it's over or not.
- Again, I have no idea what the hell im doing yet, and the game is way too fast to dare looking up at the screen, so I appreciate many of the callouts giving some instruction. Still, clearly I need to learn more about how to complete the modes. I felt like I was destroying some of the modes in that big game I just had, but the lights seemed to indicate that I'd completed only one.
- Speaking of the screen...others have mentioned this too ... there's a LOT going on up there and it's all very small. I think some tweaks might help.
- I would like it to not auto-launch when you sneak it back into the shooter lane under the upper right flipper. To me, that should be an earned pause and perhaps another attempt at a skill shot. What's the point of getting it in there if it just auto launches back out to the pops? Give me a chance to do something with it. I could understand auto-launch during multiball but not in single ball play.
Anyway I'm not unhappy AT ALL, I absolutely love it and look forward to figuring more of it out! Family's digging it too. My wife especially loves the VUK shot, she seems to be able to hit that consistently and repeatedly, which makes her feel accomplished.
One final thought, I was skeptical about some of the song choices but they're all awesome to play to so far![quoted image]

Great review. Post a video when able.

#732 2 years ago

JJP Gnr has a scoop in the middle, that gets hit repeatedly, with no issues.

I'll be getting a full playfield protector for mine why they are made.

#792 2 years ago

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1300444503 Deadflip on the Premium prototype 4 days ago. Older Code V.88. Center ramp is definitely wider on LE.

#806 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

The first in the wild is finally home Thanks again to Bouche03!! Had a little time to stop at Wizard World with him ,always a blast .
[quoted image][quoted image]

Now that is a great line up \m/. ACDC too?

#850 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Had a ball hang up here a couple of times .I played with the pitch and L/R a little bit as I was getting some clunky play pictured here coming out of the left orbit and left loop both in the area above the upper flipper .I will toy around with this area more tomorrow .The ball gets halted a brief moment up there at those 2 spots .The scoops are scoops .They are fine and to those that we’re thinking they would be upset don’t worry the ball still sneaks in from the side .One thing I noticed was how offset the flippers are compared to other games see in pictures .Another cool thing is there are so many strange rebounds that turn into a turn into actual shots by accident if that makes sense .One example is I shot hard with the left flipper and it hit the tip of the upper while down and made the jackpot ramp .Stuff like that that puts a big smile on your face .Most of the time I never seen the ball enter the side scoop because it’s so damn quick .Sooooo much going on in this game I’m looking forward to seeing how code progresses as the game simply Fing rocks as is !!!!! Guys don’t worry a bit about this one this is a big time Winner !!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the detailed pics and review. What do you think of the code? I like the 123 albums. I saw a video on a Weapon collect. Curious what Tim S is up too.

Does anyone have a link to the translucent sling rubbers like JJP uses. Gary, why does Stern is use cheap black rubbers?

#1355 2 years ago

I played Rush LE at Arcade Monsters Oviedo. They set it up today.

Guys It's really F ING good. I got goosebumps playing it. Combos are really satisfying and multipliers add risk reward. Call outs great. Borg Off set flippers great. Flippers had more travel then most pins making traps easier. Longer ball times. Best spinner in pinball? Yes. It's up there with Metallica and ACDC but with deeper rules and collects.

Code was deeper than I expected. I need to dive deeper. Not sure what the screen was showing me. I collected a weapon. Combos are key. My last game I blew it up.

GC 3 Billion!
20220225_150826 (resized).jpg20220225_150826 (resized).jpg20220225_185210 (resized).jpg20220225_185210 (resized).jpg

#1393 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Flippergate be damned, I had to set it up and play a few games. I was able to connect to WiFi & register - but the game wouldn’t get far in the update process & would stop. Not sure if it’s cuz I’m far from my router or some other issue. I updated it with USB instead.
Only played a handful of games & have no idea WTF I’m doing - but it is thrilling to play. The expression light shows to my favorite songs just makes it so enjoyable. Fast play, great combos, Canadian accents - it’s everything you could want!
Hopefully I’ll figure out the rules eventually…but
I think it’s like AC/DC in the sense that even if I never get all the nuance, it just makes me happy playing it.

Just keep shooting the 123 combos. Build up the clock. Upgrade the instruments with the left drops. Start modes. Add a ball. What are the inlanes for? Not sure.

#1416 2 years ago

More pictures. Side art detail is impressive. I do hope the add more concert footage and YYZ wizard mode.

20220225_150815 (resized).jpg20220225_150815 (resized).jpg20220225_152031 (resized).jpg20220225_152031 (resized).jpg
#1443 2 years ago

Live stream with programmer. I’m still trying figure out how I got 3 Billion GC.

#1558 2 years ago

Thinking of adding this cassette tape to the back board. Lots of mod potential on Rush. Concert tickets, drum sticks etc.

ebay.com link: itm

#1568 2 years ago

Going to study before it arrives. Printed out a hard copy to keep with the machine. It's definitely deeper than I expected.

20220228_122459 (resized).jpg20220228_122459 (resized).jpg

#1652 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Boo. Have to deal with hazed up residue that you wipe off before polishing, which I hate in a pinball machine playfield. End up with hazy wax crap in your star post bases, etc. P21S has spoiled me.

Rush playfield protectors on sale. 100 EUR. How hard do you think it would be to install? I love the one on my averengers.

https://www.playfield-protectors.com/Home/Details/RlKho_Qk2kCBOijW6kDz5w?catgoryid=22&name=Rush%20%28Limited%20Edition%29%20%7C%202022%20%7C%20Playfield%20Protector

#1653 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

It's here - just have to update the code and it's ready - gameroom isn't what it used to be....

I think you have an addiction.

#1714 2 years ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Why? Honest question.

Myself and 2 other collectors I know swear by them. I played GZ LE and Avengers IQ. Glorious and smooth. AIQ = Not a single dimple after 2200 plays. Playfield looks new. No waxing.

What's not to like? 5 years from now which machine would you want to buy?

#1820 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Just a quick update all the my RUSH mods are in stock and ready to ship, available thru my PinSide shop!
RUSH STEAMPUNK GEAR FLASH COVERS
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1227-willipinball-mods/05759-rush-steampunk-gear-flash-covers
[quoted image]
RUSH STEAMPUNK GEARS DRUMSTICK MOUNTS
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1227-willipinball-mods/05872-rush-steampunk-gears-drumstick-mounts
[quoted image]
RUSH ROLL THE BONES FLASHER DOME REPLACEMENT SET
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1227-willipinball-mods/05787-rush-roll-the-bones-flasher-dome-replacement-set
[quoted image]
RUSH SIGNALS FIRE HYDRANT FLASHER DOME REPLACEMENT
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1227-willipinball-mods/05891-rush-signals-fire-hydrant-flasher-dome-replacement
[quoted image]

I love the Drumstick MOD!!! 957 and 554 arrived today.

Here is the Amazon link to the Niel P Drumsticks. 15.99.
https://amzn.to/3pwFHwT

#1956 2 years ago

More Rush LE video rules explanation. Ray in chat.

#1958 2 years ago

Old trick. Use Hard as Nails clear nail polish on the scoop wood.

I also mylar the metal scoop.

#2060 2 years ago
Quoted from wxforecaster:

I can finally join this room. 20+ years in this hobby hoping for RUSH to get made. Ordered an LE months ago and tuned out the release, Pro streams, locations with the game, etc... as I wanted ZERO spoilers. It showed up Wednesday and I just can't stop. John, Ray and everyone involved crushed it in every capacity. So many shots, yet so much flow. The metallic cabinet art and mirror backglass are AMAZING. I like the Avatar/WPT prong captive ball lock, the TWD drop target concept, the LOTR/Austin Powers center, the button "digital Phurba", and soooo much more. And to think how early the code is and it's already great. Just in awe. For years I thought Metallica was Borg's best design. It may have a new rival.

The best of Borg designs. No bad shots. Ill say its more enjoyable to shoot that Metallica.

#2061 2 years ago

Grab an LE while you can.

#2375 2 years ago

Rush launch party tonight at Little Shop of games

20220309_162049 (resized).jpg20220309_162049 (resized).jpg
#2577 2 years ago
Quoted from jid:

Over 200 plays on my Pro. The playfield looks like it is starting to get quite a few ball indentations/dimples. Especially in the lower playfield. Is anyone else seeing this? Is the fix to just put down a large Mylar circle?
I tried to take pics but am failing at getting a good shot with the lighting.

https://playfield-protectors.com/Home/Details/ywD60olF1UK1SB93cUmZFw?catgoryid=22&name=Rush%20%28Pro%29%20%7C%202022%20%7C%20Playfield%20Protector 100 EUR puls shipping. Make your playfield bullet proof.

#2579 2 years ago

Rayday Rush Tutorial stream!

#2962 2 years ago

Just got my full playfield protector for Rush LE. 100 eur plus 45 shipping. Looks awesome. Now the Rush LE unboxing and disassemble begins. I will not play it until the protector is on.

20220316_163054 (resized).jpg20220316_163054 (resized).jpg
#2963 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Scoop has been a real downer for this game.
It was hot on my wish list, but it was supposed to be a positive feature and its anything but!
Gonna wait to see how the game is after next few updates.

Buck up son. Cliffy and mantras are on the job. Meanwhile just play it. Cut some mylar and add the scoop area if your worried.

#3031 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Hey everyone, I wanted to announce a new option to fix your scoops and protect your delicate parts...the "Rush TPU Scoop Protector" is real! Using NinjaCamp's "near-patent pending" technology we've been able to create what I believe is the ultimate fix for our scoop issues. Why is it the ultimate you ask? (I'm glad you asked) There are a couple of reasons:
1) Easy to install
2) No metal on metal
2) Excellent protection
4) Color choices!
Unlike traditional protectors, the TPU version will not cause additional wear to the ball, nor will the protector develop any ugly "wear spots" over time. Furthermore NinjaCamp's process allows for a paper thin top-side edge which improves the overall performance of the scoop. Don't believe me?? Well, first, go fuck yourself and second...just kidding about the first thing. In all seriousness, we've been testing these protectors in two locations for over three weeks with thousands of plays and zero issues! I'll also mention that the solution is aesthetically pleasing. We teamed up with Outpost Kodelia's amazing design team to produce a part so perfect that the "tuning fork" sound from the factory scoop is still in tact.
We will be selling this solution in two versions, full and partial protection. This allows for owners to decide if they wish to improve the front facing (extremely problematic) protector or both protectors using the same solution. Our engineering team has has also discovered that premium/LE versions of the game may have an additional metal bracket on the underside. We've developed this solution for both configurations, however we would prefer to know as we can slightly tweak the part to ensure a perfect fit.
I've attached a couple of pictures of the protector in "Ghost Rider Grey" and "Bastille Day Black". These should wet your appetite while we configure the store and finalize the details. Partial protection will cost $30 whereas the full protection will be $55. I highly recommend the full protection because it looks and works so awesome! Everything will be listed on Pinside (sales support these forums) and available to ship globally starting next week.
Lastly:
A little bit about NinjaCamp: NinjaCamp, entered into the mod business around the time that Rick and Morty was ending the production run. There were some problems to solve, including a very similar TPU portal protector (https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1326-ninjacamp-mods/05107-rick-and-morty-tpu-portal-protector). We've had fantastic success with that part and subsequently have literally worked to patent the process of producing 3D printed TPU protectors. The quality and fit are amazing! You can read a little more about us on this thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ninjacamp-mods. I encourage you to post questions there or PM me directly so that we don't clog up this thread too much, but hell...it is a forum so do whatever you like .
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow u 3D printed a scoop?

#3033 2 years ago

Opened mine up today. Wow this is gorgeous in person. The shots are absolutely a blast. I will say this is Borgs crowning achievement in terms of flow and shot geometry. The best spinner in Pinball. Beautiful 123 combos. Ramp diverter changes the flow and game. Ray crushed the rules so far. U don't feel disappointed afterwards like you failed aka Avengers. My kids love it.

Now about the sound settings? LE has quality speakers. But the cabinet bass is missing.

20220316_213001 (resized).jpg20220316_213001 (resized).jpg
#3034 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

My friend gave me these settings for Godzilla LE, so I tried them on Rush LE. Try them & see what you think. For me, the treble was a tad high & the bass a tad low…so I adjusted those to taste after doing this.
Also with these settings, I brought bothmusic & voice attenuation to -10…which mellows out the sound FX a bit. Maybe too much. I might go -5. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Does this setting fix the sound?

#3042 2 years ago
Quoted from mIkea:

Great news- Cliffy’s protectors are in testing.
http://www.passionforpinball.com/wip.htm

These look great. Good job Cliffy.

#3057 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

From a quick glance a few weeks ago I believe the plastics around the TM must be removed to expose the TM mounting screws....

My problem is getting the Time Machine Plastic off. Page 52 of the manual. https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/Rush_LE_Pre_web.pdf

#3079 2 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

I didn't clarify enough: the playfield plastics around the Time Machine looked like they need to be removed to access the TM, not the plastic covering on the TM itself.....

So I did not have remove TM. I was able to slide the Playfield protector underneath the trough reflector in the back.
20220317_151450 (resized).jpg20220317_151450 (resized).jpg

20220317_151503 (resized).jpg20220317_151503 (resized).jpg20220317_160032 (resized).jpg20220317_160032 (resized).jpg20220317_160044 (resized).jpg20220317_160044 (resized).jpg

They last shot is with the Playfield Protector installed. Now to install the ramps.

#3108 2 years ago

New fix and design for scoop.

PinTech LIVE presents Stern Pinball's Rush Premium
Let's dive into Rush Premium pinball with Lead Engineer Elliot Eismin! Jump to 29 minute mark to see the blue rubbers discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/marcospec/videos/2199684096879413

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
#3187 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

Ordered the Ninja protector. Getting tired of waiting on Stern and removing the glass every few games to free the stuck ball. Stern crapped the bed on this deal and offered a ugly fix with the blue horse blinders

If you're Technical and have the tools I highly recommend getting the full Playfield protector. From Playfieldprotectors.com

It overlays the whole play field and goes on top of the factory Stern protectors. You can also remove the fork. Say goodbye to dimples.
20220317_122208 (resized).jpg20220317_122208 (resized).jpg20220318_162856 (resized).jpg20220318_162856 (resized).jpg

#3257 2 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

The inside of my LE cabinet with glue and paint slopped on the bottom. Again, not like it's going to be seen, but just showing the attention to detail Stern has with 5 figure games.
[quoted image]

Quoted from upsfeedr:

how hard is that to put on.. looks like it would be hard and a lot of work

This Rush playfield protector is a must have imo. No need to remove time machine. The only mistake I made was putting the protector under the factory scoop protectors. It caused binding. It goes on top of the protectors. I removed the fork as its not needed. Put some hard as nails nail polish on inside of scoops and VUK area.

Took me a full day to do it. It plays amazing now!

I made a video I need to post.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3259 2 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

Looking forward to your video. Any fitment issues (did you have to trim anything on the protector)? Did you remove the playfield from the machine to install?

NO TRIMMING. I was really impressed. Just layover the factory scoop protectors. Just take your time and bag/label everything.
20220317_122208 (resized).jpg20220317_122208 (resized).jpg20220317_151450 (resized).jpg20220317_151450 (resized).jpg20220319_075211 (resized).jpg20220319_075211 (resized).jpg

20220319_081226 (resized).jpg20220319_081226 (resized).jpg
#3263 2 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

Cool. Did you remove the playfield? Seems like it would be easier on one's back to install on a rotisserie.

No need. Only need to disconnect 4 light connectors, remove flippers and the metal right ramp nuts. Drum stayed on. Just romved 1 screw on the mount so as to slide under it.

#3269 2 years ago

Playfield Protector install on Rush LE. Part 1. Disassembly. Hope this helps. Now I can put 1000's of plays on it and never wax it. Also no need for ball drop protectors on the inlanes. I show my Avengers IQ w/ 2200 plays with a protector as an example.

#3271 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Plays like a full mylar I hate them [quoted image]

You obviously haven't played a new stern with one on it. How can you choose a beat up dimpled pf over a shiny smooth one? I have played GZ, AIQ and now RUSH and they all play superior.

#3305 2 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

I think the factory scoop protector will still have issues bunching up / binding up the ball over time even with the protector over it as the ball will be bashing the inside of the scoop numerous times per game. Thus lifting up the playfield protector that's covering it.
When my playfield protector arives, I'm going to take out the factory scoop protector, install the playfield protector then install Aniraf's 3D printed protector on top of the playfield protector since Aniraf's scoop protector is pliable and shouldn't cause binding like stock metal ones would.

Hard as Nails in my pinball tool kit. I apply it the unfinished wood to harden it. Like a clearcoat. Good for the vuk and inside scoop area. I'm full of tricks.
20220319_143047 (resized).jpg20220319_143047 (resized).jpg

#3314 2 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

I wouldn’t update to .90 over WiFi. It’s huge and takes forever. I’d did mine the old fashioned USB stick method. Super easy.
Update instructions - All Games:
1 - Download the zip file
2 - Unzip the file, this will create a folder that contains SPK file(s).
3 - Open the folder, copy the file(s) to the root level of a
USB stick. (Do not copy the folder.)
4 - Power game off
5 - Insert USB stick
6 - Turn on game
7 - After game boots up it will give the option for software update
8 - Volume buttons change options for full or quick update. Enter selects the
option and starts the update.
9 - Once update is completed game will prompt user to power game off and
remove USB stick.

Same. 8.5 GB! Lots of Audio and Video in the code I suppose. I could only get to 18% and it would stop. Is the wifi dongle the issue?

.90 made Far Cry multiball way harder. And reduced flipper strength slightly.

My humorous Call outs are set to frequent. Hilarious imo.

#3332 2 years ago

Follow up Part 2. Gameplay with playfield protector.

#3333 2 years ago
Quoted from jpc211245:

After 175 games, Rush is unquestionably the greatest pin experience of my life. Below are a few specifics.
Rush - no other music comes close anywhere IMO. The underlying theme!
The flow and number of shots just keep me saying “one more game”.
The expression lights have really gone to another level in .90. Spirit of Radio and La villa are marvelous.
Very deep early code that appears to just be getting started.
The speed layout with the height differentials in ramps and wires.
The artwork and “crystalized” look that comes off the back glass and cabinet.
The callouts are laced with Rushisms, very entertaining!
Huge amount of HD video content integrated into the pin currently.
Dynamite combo of classic pinball targets and latest mechanical endeavors. (Marcos interview yesterday)
Passion for this project - Borg, Ed Robertson, Alex & Geddy just to name the obvious.
Lastly, it sounds like there will be a pretty dynamic topper to come.

Agree. YYZ would put it over the top.

I just update to .90 and it made it much more challenging.

Tweaked:

- Drum Bonus:
- Drum Bonus now resets each time it is collected to 500k + 250k for each
Drum Bonus made that ball, plus 10k per pop bumper hit made that ball.
- Drum bonus no longer holds with the Pops Held award from the ramps.

- 1-2-3 Combos:
- The 1-2-3 combos in multiball will no longer qualify albums, and will not
give the 2x quickshot bonus. New adjustment added CAN QUALIFY ALBUMS IN
MULTIBALL (default NO)
- The default setting for COMBO JACKPOT BEHAVIOR has now been changed from
SINGLE BALL NOT IN COMBO to SINGLE BALL.
- Changed combo scoring. Combos start at 250k and will no longer grow when
albums are collected.

- Records:
- Added RECORDS HELD as a new ramp award. When this is awarded, wildcard
records will hold for the next ball, as well as the record boost percentage
the player had accumulated if they had a planet mode running when they
drained.

- Extra Ball:
- Added another Light Extra Ball ramp award at 68 ramp shots.

- Time Machine:
- Reduced the number of show required for the first Time Machine multiball
to 4 (was 5.)
- Increased the number of shots needed to advance to the next Time Machine
multiball to +6 (was +3.)
- Changed the 2x time machine advance shot to only happen after the ball
rolls over the left inlane switch, then hits the time machine when the
ramp is lowered.

#3334 2 years ago
Quoted from orangedude71:

Any other protective recommendations? Mine arrives next month. Ive already ordered this protector. My theory is that newer machines will need time for the clear to fully setup so this seems to be a no brainer.. at least for the first few plays

Exactly. New Stern playfield need time to cure. The protector will save it. Rush is fast and there are fair amount of air balls in Rush.
Watch my videos about the install.

#3341 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

What happens if you wax the playfield before it’s done curing? Does it not harden up or something?

Wax is fine. Its a good idea.

I bought and sold over 40 pins and many NIB sterns. I joined pinside when it first started. Stern playfields are the softest. Especially when new. I saw an Stern Elvira first run that looked beat to death after a few months. Like a golf ball. Why? Its the wood they use and the short cure/dry times. Some games are better than others.

#3351 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

The problem is the formula for the clear changed due to environmental stuff and the softer wood. Ball vs wood - wood always looses. If you think you need to let your game cure talk to an auto painter, do they cure cars for weeks?

The wood needs to cure/dry. Not the paint. Obviously wood loses. Post something useful instead of trolling. Do you have a Rush? What your experience?

Im having an issue with the clock. Powers up but the hand doesn't move. Doesn't move in test. No tech alerts.

#3384 2 years ago

I just nailed the Super skill shot for the first time. Soft plunge to upper flipper. Inner loop then immediately hit left ramp. Gave me outlane ball save, TM and EB lit. A bunch of stuff.

How do I calibrate the clock hand? Mine is out of sync.

#3428 2 years ago
Quoted from CrashJT:

My experience so far with Rush Premium has been awesome. My wife and I are huge fans of the band. (We're fortunate enough to appear in the game singing "conform or be cast out" in Subdivisions, and "kindness that can kill" in Freewill.) I've owned arcade games since the mid 90's, and this is my first NIB experience. So far it's been fantastic. I think the artwork is sublime. I like and respect all eras of the band and live that Michael has tried to incorporate as much as he was able to, without it looking like some sort of hodge podge scrapbook. I love the Test For Echo touches on the Premium. I know a lot have discussed issues with the cartoonish portrait in the center of the playfield. I've read every post, and I do agree to some extent with some of the criticism,. Maybe it's because of my Red Lenses, but It harkens back to the dreaded (but beloved) kimono era. The cartoonishness, to me, adds to the campiness of both that Rush era AS WELL AS that campy era of Pinball art in general. And for this reason,
I love it! The default sound was honestly "fine" for a pinball machine, but the addition of the Pinwoofer system definitely allows you to hear a lot more. Treble of Neil's varied cymbals, bells and whatnot, as well as the intricate bass lines of Grddy's. It's not a must have, but you likely have already spent 8K to 12K, what's $370 more to make it sound fantastic (for home ). Friends who WEREN'T Rush fans say playing makes them want to listen to more Rush, which is great. I love it, because when your favorite song moments cross with the adrenaline Rush of blowing up the game and seeing all of this glorious lights, it burns that euphoria into your cortex! My wife on the other hand, isn't a huge arcade/ pin person and so is hearing the repetitive music from afar and it is making her less interested in hearing Rush. I get that too. I've had on the Far Cry ball lock since the beginning. I love it. Super cool! I haven't seen any glitches in .90. I've seen people complain that they can't see the ball locked from the player position. I'm 6'1" I can't either, but it's pretty obvious. Unless you're in the middle of another multiball, the whole game pauses for a second or two for your to enjoy the fruits of your labor! A red light appears in the window, the lightning strike video showing the concert footage baby carriage on the pier and the words "Far Cry Ball Locked" also appears. A white flashing light in the window washed out the red during the lightning! Cool effect. If you need to see it, stand on one for foot, put one leg behind and bend at the torso and you'll be able to see it sitting there. Maybe the window is more for onlookers, but that red glow means something! Trust me, it's there! When you finally lock the second ball with the side scoop flashing green, "Far Cry" is shown and both scoops eject balls simultaneously! It's badass!! The Clockwork Angels Drum Clock is also very cool. It has 12 "hour" leds and a minute hand. It's in memory of Neil Peart, which I think is cool. When not playing, it shows the actual time. When playing, it has two functions. During "Working Man" mode, it regulates the length of the mode as you use the drum bumpers to move it from 9AM to 5PM to complete your work day. It also starts The "Headlong Flight" multiball when you make it it strike midnight. I also like the ball lock behind the drop targets. If you hit the captured ball it releases, but eventually it just returns it into game play. Not exactly sure what causes the variation, but it's fun. I've added a bunch of cool mods like the Signals Dog and Fire Hydrant as well as the Presto rabbit in the hat (thanks Rocket City). Also the Roll The Bones dice (thanks WilliPinball mods) on the slingshots and two Clockwork drums on the left back two flashers. Also PinMonk's color mode light mod. Lermods ice blue trough lighting really makes my owl pop! Looking forward to a Red Barchetta, some Cliffys and a Wizard Mod Test For Echo action button magnet. Maybe a gefilter! With regard to the scoop, I have rev 2. 150 + games in, zero ball scaring, bottom scoop looks fine, slight wear on side. I would be pissed if the playfield were damaged, but mine seems fine. Would rather have an intensely fun game with one of a kind features, than a perfectly boring game delivered late. To me these are all hand built, unique and one-of-a-kind pieces of industrial art. That's part of what makes them unique and special.
I really wanted a LE, but didn't have enough clout, this being my first NIB. I'm jealous and hope you all are loving your babies! I'm very happy with the art of the Premium, Moving Pictures being my favorite album. I will be getting the Expression Lighting, probably the Side Armor and the topper.
I hope any issues are resolved quickly for everyone and that you enjoy yours as much as I love mine.

Did you change the Humor setting to Frequent?. 90 code is hilarious.

#3429 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

I have not tried both, but I am very happy with the pinwoofer setup.

I have been out of the loop on pinwoofer. Can't you just use 2 alligator clips on the cab sub and speaker wire to any external sub? Why is it 300?

#3459 2 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

This might explain it:

Thanks. I have a power sub that shakes the glass. I also use Flipper fidelity speakers for 150.00 with great results. Amp would seem like overkill, but maybe Im missing something.

#3460 2 years ago
Quoted from gripwhip:

I just replaced my 5.25" Kenwood speakers with KICKER CS Series CSC5 5.25-Inch speakers on my Rush LE. I like the sound a lot better. It is cleaner with better bass. Thanks for all the tips. No separate amp for now. They were $80 for the pair.

These 4 ohm 5.25 kickers? https://amzn.to/3N54SRg

#3463 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Here’s a better picture of my Premium with the scoop fix. I really don’t mind it.
[quoted image]

How did you get the scoop upgrade? How do you like it?

#3477 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

My Premium was built March 2, and the upgraded metal for the scoop (and the blue ears) were already installed. The scoop metal is fine after 500 plays. I’m going to install a playfield protector on mine while I wait for one that has clearcoat. I’m guessing from looking at your install that I won’t need the blue ears at all with the playfield protector.

Can you post a side picture of factory scoop? Where is it mounted? The 2 posts? Would even like to see some gameplay video.

#3525 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I like the final fix; opinions may differ [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I wonder where it attached? Under the playfield? Looks like it will work perfectly with my playfield protector. Would like to see some video of the gameplay.

#3529 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Dude, you won’t need it. The playfield protector will protect the protector just fine. But it mounts to the 2 posts on either side of the scoop.

I think you are right. Mine plays great as is. Just added blue Titan flipper rubbers and I love them.

#3649 2 years ago
Quoted from Boslaw:

I took the easiest sound upgrade route - added an external subwoofer I had by alligator clipping speaker wire to the cabinet speaker terminals and running the wire through the vent holes in the back/bottom of the cab. Doesn't make the volume louder but it makes it sound so much better. It's like the difference between listening to an old AM mono radio vs. stereo FM radio. Tinny and thin sound vs. full sound. I'm sure the sound would improve dramatically by swapping the stock speakers with something better, tweaking the EQ, etc etc but I don't want to spend a bunch of time and money to mod up what is already an expensive pin. Subwoofer is simple and makes a noticeable difference.
Bottom line - if you have a subwoofer in your house, give it a try.

Ok. Did you set it to 4 OHM or 8 OHM?

#3666 2 years ago

10 GB up from 8 GB. Lets go. Lots of changes.

LE V0.91 - March 23, 2022
==========================
Fixed:

- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash if the player lit
both of their Far Cry locks at the same time.

- Fixed an issue with the placement of the rainbow wildcard records when the
player drained with wildcard records lit and at least one already placed.

- Fixed an issue that could cause extremely long held ball times when a player
had drained with a time machine upgrade lit and at least 1 upgrade collected
during the previous ball.

Tweaked:

- Drop Targets & Instrument Bonus:
- Changed Instrument Bonus behavior:
- When a full set of instruments is collected, Instrument Bonus will no
longer light. The drops will stay down until you shoot behind them.
-Added a new adjustment "DROP TARGETS STAY DOWN ON FULL SET."
- Defaults to YES to control this behavior.
- To revert back to the existing logic, change to NO.
- Changed competition install to set "DROP TARGETS STAY DOWN ON FULL SET"
to NO.
- Changed home install to set "DROP TARGETS STAY DOWN ON FULL SET" to NO to
match previous behavior.

- Freewill Multiball:
- Added the FREEWILL ADD-A-BALL DIFFICULTY adjustment.
- Default changed to MEDIUM for 2 hits, EASY = 1 hit, HARD = 3 hits.
- Home Install sets this to EASY to match previous behavior.

- Headlong Flight Multiball:
- Added a new adjustment DRUM CLOCK TIME IN MULTIBALL BEHAVIOR.
- By default, the drum clock can now only advance during multiball if the
player has drumsticks activated.
- Changed HEADLONG FLIGHT DIFFICULTY default adjustment to MEDIUM. The clock
will now start at 3pm.
- Home install sets HEADLONG FLIGHT DIFFICULTY to EXTRA HARD.

- La Villa Strangiato Mode:
- Increased the starting value to 2 million.
- Removed the spinner shot from the available shots during movement IV.

- The Spirit of Radio Mode:
- Changed the mode so the spinner no longer adds additional shots. Instead
shots are relit when all are completed or a radio jackpot is scored.
- Changed the starting shot value to 400k.

- Time Machine multiballs:
- Changed Time Machine multiballs to start with 2 balls.

- Red Barchetta multiball:
- Changed game logic to no longer boost Red Barchetta super jackpots while
drumsticks were active.
- Increased the Red Barchetta jackpots by +500k to be more in line with the
other time machine multiballs.

- Subdivisions multiball:
- Removed the jackpot boost in Subdivisions when the super jackpot is
achieved.
- Added faster blinking shots to help give the player more progress to
the super jackpot.

- Far Cry multiball:
- Changed the One Little Victory ball save time to 8 seconds.
- Changed Far Cry multiball to start with 2 balls.
- Changed Far Cry multiball jackpots to reset the number of jackpots earned
toward One Little Victory laps each time the multiball is started.
- Improved the handling of game timers during Far Cry multiball.

- Time Machine Upgrades:
- Increased the maximum number of years that can be awarded from 1-2-3 combos
to 14.
- Added a 1 year award for scoring a Super Combo Jackpot.
- Increased the maximum number of years that can be awarded from Bastille
Day to 6.
- Changed Bastille Day to award 2 years upon completion.
- Changed the order of the Time Machine Upgrade Awards:
- Time Machine Boost
- Timers Extended
- Far Cry Boost
- Easy Rush Targets
- Light Extra Ball
- Time Machine Boost
- Double Records
- Double Ramps
- All Multiball Boost

- Time Machine:
- Added additional light effects to indicate time machine progress.

- Instant Info:
- Added High Scores to Instant Info.
- Added Ramp Awards to Instant Info.
- Improved the Time Machine Status Instant Info page.

- Skill Shot:
- Changed the skill shot logic to disable the skill shot opportunity if
the ball rolls over the top shooter lane switch twice.

- Adjustments:
- Removed RAMP DIVERTER DEFAULT LOGIC. The diverter will now always start
in the LEFT configuration to help with 1-2-3 combos.

- Game Installs:
- Added more adjustments to EASY, EXTRA EASY, MEDIUM, HARD, and EXTRA HARD.
- Added additional adjustments to INSTALL COMPETITION:
- ADVANCE BALL SAVES IN MULTIBALL changed to NO.
- DROP TARGETS STAY DOWN ON FULL SET changed to NO.
- FREEWILL MULTIBALL DIFFICULTY changed to MEDIUM.
- FREEWILL ADD-A-BALL DIFFICULTY changed to MEDIUM.
- FAR CRY LOCK DIFFICULTY changed to MEDIUM.

- Sound Test:
- Added sound effect entries to the game's sound test utility.

- Expression Lights:
- Improved music lightshows throughout gameplay.
- Added an RGB utility to set the Expression Light custom color for GI.

- Light Shows:
- Added additional light shows for feedback when major shots are made.

- Speech:
- Added additional game speech.

- Sounds:
- Added shooter lane ball launch sound effects.

- Additional score balancing.

New:

- Added a significant number of adjustments to the INSTALL HOME install
utility. This is the recommended install option for games in a home
environment. These settings generally match the gameplay experience from
software revision v0.90.
- Install Home will modify the following adjustments:
- FREE PLAY changed to YES
- HSTD INITITALS changed to 10 Letter.
- ALLOW FORCE ENDGAME changed to ALWAYS.
- BALL SAVE TIME changed to 12 seconds.
- TIME MACHINE MULTIBALL DIFFICULTY changed to EASY.
- FAR CRY LOCK DIFFICULTY changed to EXTRA EASY.
- FREEWILL MULTIBALL DIFFICULTY changed to EASY.
- FREEWILL ADD-A-BALL DIFFICULTY changed to EASY.
- ADVANCE BALL SAVES IN MULTIBALL changed to YES.
- FRY CRY SUPER JACKPOT DIFFICULTY changed to EASY.
- FAR CRY NUM BALLS changed to 3.
- TIME MACHINE NUM BALLS changed to 3.
- ADD-A-BALL BALL SAVE TIME changed to 6.
- DRUM CLOCK TIME IN MULTIBALL BEHAVIOR changed to ALWAYS.
- HEADLONG FLIGHT MULTIBALL DIFFICULTY changed to EXTRA HARD.
- DROP TARGETS STAY DOWN ON FULL SET changed to NO.

- Added DJ Mixer support:
- DJ Mixer can be accessed from the game menu by holding both flipper
buttons when the game is set to Free Play.

- Added a new high score entry "Ultimate Time Travel(l)er."

https://sternpinball.com/support/game-code/?utm_source=constantcontact&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20220323_RushCode

#3667 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ok, mylar installed to protect both RUSH scoops. Mostly invisible unless the light is directly on it as you can see from the comparison pics below.
I had to cut the mylar off from under the posts because when I went to reinstall the posts, tightening them tweaked the mylar.
[quoted image]

Looks good. I would recommend putting the upper factory scoop protector back on and use hard as nails hardener on the bare wood. The right side of the lower scoop takes a beating. I have playfield protector and factory scoop and its not enough. Im going to have to put factory fork back on and probably the blue squares upgrade.

#3762 2 years ago
Quoted from Boslaw:

My sub doesn't have an ohm switch. It's a B&W sub I've had for a very long time but it wasn't being used. Is there a 4/8 switch on the amp in the pin?
Back of the sub has:
Phase (0 or 180)
Mode (Auto or On)
EQ (A or B)
Low Pass Filter (40-140)
Out/In
Volume
I need to read the manual to figure out what all of those options means.

The Rush pin has a 4/8 ohm setting for both cabinet and back box. Makes a difference in sound quality. Also EQ and high low floor which in not sure what that does. Factory settings where not ideal.

2 weeks later
#5006 2 years ago

Stern official hole protection kit video. Borg is a good instructor. So now I just need to get Stern to send it too me.

Change "Adjust scoop to lock balls" Always.

#5008 2 years ago

Who has gameplay video with the new protector?

#5014 2 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

Since we have such major Rush fans here, I thought I would repost this in this thread. So, living in Toronto and being a musician Ive been a Rush fan my whole life. As a matter of fact, my oldest son's God mother is friends with Geddy, but I digress...and, unfortunately, I have never met him...
After Neil's passing in early 2020 I was surfing all things Rush and found the address to his childhood home, I knew that Alex and Geddy were from a suburb north of Toronto and found their elementary school from a video they did and posted on Youtube. Backstory: my son is studying music and would like to develop a career in music, so I thought we could visit Rush spots and illustrate that Rush were just a bunch of kids, like he and his friends, growing up around Toronto and big stuff almost always starts from humble roots. This launched "Rush Day" Feb 8th, 2020.
[quoted image]
When a buddy of mine heard what I was doing he asked to come along. First stop, Neil's childhood home in St. Catherine's where he learned to play the drums all those years ago:
[quoted image]
From there we visited Lakeside park, about 2 km from Neil's childhood home:
[quoted image]
BTW, in the top right hand corner of the sign was a candle hung in memory of Neil.
...and if you know the lyrics to Lakeside park, you know why I took this pic...
[quoted image]
From there we drove to North York where Alex and Geddy grew up and visited their old elementary school...
[quoted image]
...and this is the park then names after Geddy and Alex...
[quoted image]
We then shot downtown and did a drive by their management offices in Toronto and ended visiting Geddy's house and Alex's condo where I gave my kids 2112 and Moving pictures albums. At the beginning of the day, on the way to St Catherine's we read from an article Neil wrote in '94 about growing up in St. Catherine's https://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/entertainment/music/2020/01/10/neil-peart-in-his-own-words-growing-up-in-st-catharines.html and on the way to Toronto we read excerpts from the Oral history of the band https://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/rush/toronto-star-05.2013.php and listened to RUSH the entire time. Was a totally memorable day and buddies of mine from Montreal want to do it with me on their next visit to Toronto. No better way to spend a Saturday than by driving around Toronto listening to Rush!! Hell, you may even see them on the road as I happened to see Geddy in 1990, as I lived quite close to him at the time...

Excellent read.

#5168 2 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

Anyone know where I can get a clear plastic shooter lane protector? MezelMods is out (or hasn't had them yet).....

Secret. Use a sling shot half moon mylar from pinballlife. Less than buck. Simply stick on and cut a slot for the switch with exacto blade. All u need.

#5372 2 years ago

How is the new code?! Downloading now.

https://sternpinball.com/?post_type=game_code&s=Rush+LE

New:

- Added the Clock Bonus feature:
- Clock Bonus can be scored on the right orbit shot. It is lit any time
the player's drum clock advances to the next hour.
- The Clock Bonus is equal to the current hour on the clock x 1 million.
- Shooting the Clock Bonus after rolling over the left inlane switch awards
2x clock bonus.

- Added Cygnus X-1 Book I: The Voyage Wizard Mode.
- Lit from completing all 6 multiball modes:
- Red Barchetta
- Subdivisions
- Fly by Night
- Far Cry
- Freewill
- Headlong Flight
- Acomplishments in gameplay increase planet jackpot awards.
- Starts at the Time Machine.
- The player starts with a single ball in play, can add additional balls
throughout wizard mode stages and from mystery awards.
- The player selects which planet to visit by making shots.
- Yellow Planet
- Selected from shooting the instruments.
- Shooting behind the instruments adds more shots to collect fuel.
- Collect enough fuel to escape the Yellow planet.
- Blue Planet
- Selected from shooting the scoops.
- Shooting Blue shots navigates the ship in the correct direction.
- Shooting Red shots adds +1 shot needed to escape the Blue planet.
- Shoot the scoops to lock in and refresh navigation.
- Navigate correctly enough times to escape the Blue planet.
- Purple Planet
- Selected from shooting the Time Machine.
- Shots are obscured by blinking lights.
- Shoot the time machine to temporarly show the lit shots.
- Collect enough shots to escape the Purple planet.
- Once all planets have been navigated, the player must excape the
Cygnus X-1 Black hole by shooting the Time Machine.

- Added Cygnus X-1 Book I: The Voyage Challenge Mode.
- Can be selected from the Game Mode menu.
- Highest scores and fastest times displayed on a new game leaderboard.

- Added additional achievements:
- Flaunt the fruits of noble birth:
- Score 100 million or more in BASTILLE DAY.
- I got no time for livin':
- Complete WORKING MAN on your first attempt.
- Yes, I'm workin' all the time:
- Complete WORKING MAN with a total score of 100 million or more.
- They call me the workin' man:
- Start WORKING MAN with all 6 record shots locked in orange or rainbow.
- To sleep, perchance to dream...:
- Complete LA VILLA STRANGIATO with a total score of 100 million or more.
- Never turn your back on a Monster!:
- Complete every LA VILLA STRANGIATO shot in a perfect combo.
- The Waltz of the Shreves:
- Complete LA VILLA STRANGIATO on your first attempt.
- There is magic at your fingers:
- Complete THE SPIRIT OF RADIO on your first attempt.
- Bright antennae bristle with the energy:
- Complete THE SPIRIT OF RADIO with a total score of 100 million or more.
- Bearing a gift beyond price, almost free:
- Score a RADIO JACKPOT worth at least 100 million.
- Cast in this unlikely role:
- Complete LIMELIGHT on your first attempt.
- Beyond the gilded cage:
- Complete LIMELIGHT with a total score of 100 million or more.
- All the world's indeed a stage:
- Complete LIMELIGHT while only ever being out of the limelight once (or
not at all)
- Don't put him down as arrogant:
- Complete TOM SAWYER on your first attempt.
- Riding out the day's events:
- Complete TOM SAWYER with a total score of 100 million or more.
- No, his mind is not for rent:
- Start TOM SAYER with all 6 records light blue or rainbow.
- It's the power and the glory:
- Complete THE BIG MONEY on your first try.
- Big money pull a million strings:
- Complete THE BIG MONEY with a score of 100 million or more.
- Big money make a million dreams:
- Collect a Big Money Jackpot with a multiplier of 10 or more.
- The black hole of Cygnus X-1:
- Start CYGNUS X-1 BOOK I: THE VOYAGE wizard mode by playing all six
multiballs.
- Through the void, to be destroyed:
- Complete CYGNUS X-1 BOOK I: THE VOYAGE by escaping the black hole.
- Or is there something more?:
- Complete CYGNUS X-1 BOOK I: THE VOYAGE and reach victory laps by
escaping the black hole with more than one ball in play.
- Atomized - at the core:
- Complete CYGNUS X-1 BOOK I: THE VOYAGE Challenge Mode in under 5 minutes.
- Or through the astral door:
- Complete CYGNUS X-1 BOOK I: THE VOYAGE Challenge Mode with a score of at
least 500 million.

- Added a secret feature that can be unlocked by Stern Insider Connected users.

#5434 1 year ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Ok! That Cygnus X-1 Challenge is f'n AWESOME! I can almost see myself just playing that one mode.

Escape the Black Hole full Cygnus 1 challenge mode game play. 0.93 code. Very fun mode. Beat it in 8 minutes.

Keep up the great work Stern team.

2 weeks later
#5986 1 year ago
Quoted from orangedude71:

Wanted to check in with you.. My premium arrived today and i have the playfield protector ready to install. Do you still recommend placing it over the top of the scoop protector? Any other recommendations?

I put it on top of factory protector but below the fork. Sandwich it between the two. I added an extra washer under the fork post (post between the 2 scoops) to level it out and provide a gap. Holding up well.

I'm interested in the Ninja protectors.

#5987 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I did the same thing, noted it a few days ago. One guy suggested I would get ball traps on slow rolls because switch was higher, but I haven’t had a single one and it registers every time. Nothing more is really needed to fix this issue.

I need to try this switch bend fix on mine.

1 month later
#7450 1 year ago
Quoted from Ghosters:

I also have the node board 10 issue. Ramp died in the middle of a game. I can't see anything burned, but have not pulled the board yet. It's an April 26 build, which I saw someone else had the same build date and problem. No ferrite that I can find, but I don't see how that would have helped. Anyone else having the same issue node 10 issue add have any particular mods. Shaker Motor, Pinwoofer etc? I am new to this so go easy on me.

My ramp died mid game today and an electrical smell is coming from the machine. Any help appreciated. Is the the Node 10 board issue?

#7479 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

If you can see a burned trace on that board, yes. You may have to take a pic and zoom in to see the damage.

Is there a Service Menu Test for Node 10? Something definitely shorted. Where is Node 10?

Quoted from swampfire:

If you can see a burned trace on that board, yes. You may have to take a pic and zoom in to see the damage.

Where is the Node 10 board? I see it in the manual but it doesn't mention the location.

#7486 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/Rush_LE_Pre_web.pdf
Page 11 shows the location. Good luck! Take a good picture of that board and send it to Stern, they’ll take care of you.

That helped. Found the burnt chip and connector on Node 10 board. I contacted Stern who told me to contacted my distributor for a warranty replacement of Node 10. This Rush LE only has 100 plays on it.

20220626_140152 (resized).jpg20220626_140152 (resized).jpg20220626_140206 (resized).jpg20220626_140206 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#7746 1 year ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Are you guys trying to get the original boards fixed in the meantime? At least get your games up and running again.

Stern sent me a new Node 10 board after contacting distributor. Easy swap but remember to set the dip switches to match old board. Fixed it. Its impossible to fix old board. The chip cooked.

#7747 1 year ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Ninja protector with a playfield protector over it. Seven hindered plays snd not a scratch.
[quoted image]

NICE.

#7884 1 year ago

My Node 10 came 4 days after I told my distributor. I sent pictures.

1 month later
#8840 1 year ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

I totally agree with you. For the price they are charging, one should expect a properly cleared playfield that allows the ball to roll properly.
This same thin and/or missing clear was on many of the NIB games (not just Rush) on display at SFGE this weekend. I don’t know why we should accept this lack of quality.
I guess on the plus side - without clear you will not have pooling.
[quoted image]

Playfieldprotector.com 100 EUR. Worth every penny.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 210.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Cabinet - Other
WilliPinball Mods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 42.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blaine, WASHINGTON
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 35.00
$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider av8.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1?tu=av8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.