IMG_6410 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2562 (resized).jpg
IMG_2578 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2574 (resized).jpeg
20240322_163542 (resized).jpg
20240322_163631 (resized).jpg
20240319_194137 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #91 Rush song list Posted by Bill2112Rush (2 years ago)

Post #1378 RULES. Link to RUSH Rulesheet Posted by Av8 (2 years ago)

Post #1389 TECH: SWITCHES. Lockdown bar action button not working - fix Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1818 MOD: SOUND. Amp DIY upgrade for RUSH Posted by TinyBlackDog (2 years ago)

Post #2123 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter lane adjustment to stop rattling ball launch Posted by Coyohtay (2 years ago)

Post #3107 TECH: SOUND. Headphone Jack no-boot when installed workaround Posted by AUKraut (2 years ago)

Post #3632 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Scoop losing track of balls. Posted by Schwaggs (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider andre060.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#784 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

. Stern Games haven’t had printed manuals in ages.
Eta: realized I hadn’t checked the stapled bag lately… so i could be wrong

Wrong you are...

#992 2 years ago

Anyone get word on their premium? Sounds like there are a few being made just after the LE's before the line switches over to something else, which should be imminent... Fingers crossed I get word soon!

#997 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Well last might I got my first games in and I couldnt be more pleased.
The only downs I have are that the sound is crap and I feel for the price it should have come powder coated.
TODAY IS PINWOOFER DAY.Having pinwoofer on most of my machines I know what to expect and I am very excited to hear/see the results again.About the shaker ,I love it .It came set on aggressive and I will leave it but you can turn it down in settings.When I was driving to pick it up I had a Rush like I was on speed (the Christmas Day effect)

Team Rush San Jose!!! Can't wait to get mine.

#1279 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

I've never installed a Stern topper but there must be some way to run wiring from the top of the backbox inside.

Their backboxes have a roughly 1" hole on the top, with a black plastic plug in place to cover it up from the factory. Good spot to run a cable in, even if it is at the very top of the game.

#1588 2 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

That's not exactly a positive endorsement for Rush. Hopefully the premium fares better...

Don't stress - how a game earns on route doesn't always correlate to how good a game is.

#1769 2 years ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Any word on Premiums shipping yet?

I'm hearing soon! YESSSSSS!

#1785 2 years ago
Quoted from jonboy71:

I'm looking for a solution to my problem here due to a narrow doorway.
Good news: Rush LE arrived today!
Bad news: My doorway is too narrow for the backbox to get thru. With other pinball machines, I've been able to loosen the backbox enough to swivel it and bring it in while being held. However, this machine is presenting a different set of problems.
1. The left bolt connecting it to the left side inside of the machine is not accessible because of the ramp. It appears i will have to remove the ramp from the playfield to get to this bolt in order to take off the backbox.
2. Thought about removing it from the 4 screws on the inside of the backbox, but the bolts on the right side are covered by part of the power supply or something, which would require me to remove it.
3. The right inside bolt broke off so there is no way for me to raise or lower the backbox without scratching the side artwork until I get a replacement bolt.
What's the easiest/best solution here?

1. You can just pull the entire playfield out into service position to gain access. Easy peasy.
2. All you need to do is remove the metal cover over the wiring below the power supply, just a few nuts, also very easy.
3. Photo please?

#1977 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Rush premium is in da house!

NICE!!!

#2159 2 years ago
Quoted from kmad:

LE Number 534 has arrived. Unfortunately getting a VUK error code. The ball goes in it sits there forever and then the whole machine cycles through looking for the ball before it eventually kicks it out. Distributor is talking to stern trying to figure out what’s going on

Did you check the switch in the VUK to make sure it's registering?

#2780 2 years ago

Stern Insider has a nice condensed rule summary. Made it into a printable PDF - a lot easier to read than the tiny print rule card! Print and keep by your game

Rush Rule Summary.pdfRush Rule Summary.pdf
#2808 2 years ago

On the premium/LE, has anyone had their center lift ramp end up in a half-raised position? It’s not supposed to do that right?

I think it happens when the ramp is in the raised position and you bash on the blue bumpers on each side of it but I’m not positive, it tends to happen during multiball and it’s tough to watch it that closely then, lol!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2811 2 years ago

Hm okay thanks. I was getting ball traps at the top of the lift ramp, between it and the Time Machine, and used the bias adjustment to lower it a bit in the raised position. Resolved the ball trap but it also causes the home switch to not register in the lower position! I sure wish they would document these adjustments, I could very easily be doing it wrong. I set the lift ramp bias back to zero for now.

#2812 2 years ago

How’s everyone else dealing with the ball trap at the top of the lift ramp?

#2824 2 years ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

Wait for ball search.

Got it. When I saw that bias adjustment that changes the position in the raised position I was sure that's what it was for, but alas, yeah, I played a lot more last night with the bias reset to 0 (so the home switch registers) and it never ended up halfway raised. Lesson learned! I'm sure a solution for the ball trap will come sooner or later, but yeah since ball search clears it, not the end of the world for now. Thanks all!

#2828 2 years ago
Quoted from gsrogers:

My LE is not connecting to my home internet. It sees my router and when I enter the password it says connecting then fails saying "unable to connect". Any ideas on what I should be looking at?

I had to try a couple of times before it worked - try power cycling your game and trying again.

#3095 2 years ago

Any tips for shooting the RUSH targets? What’s folks preferred approach? Very difficult from a trap. Anyone find a good safe rebound shot instead to make them maybe?

#3204 2 years ago

Meanwhile the rest of us are too busy just playing our games Rush is SO GOOD!

1 week later
#3860 2 years ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Is this normal ?
The wire In Front of the metal plate while the ramp is in down position

Definitely not. Looks like the wire is getting worn down, too, fix that ASAP.

Probably just needs to be put back down under the playfield, and maybe zip-tied if it comes back up - but make sure you account for both the raised and lowered position if zip tying anything, the last thing you want is to zip tie such there isn't enough slack for the ramp to move.

#3919 2 years ago

Got my cabinet trim back from the powder coat shop, here's a sneak peek... The color is Prismatic Powder's Illusion Red, pretty happy with how it matches the cabinet lettering. Look forward to installing it this weekend!

IMG_1214 (resized).jpegIMG_1214 (resized).jpeg
#4206 2 years ago

Premium cab looks great in Prismatic Powders Illusion Red! Not quite happy with the T-molding color I bought though, "Bright Red" - going to try again with regular red which is a bit darker and should match the powder coat better.

rush-red.jpgrush-red.jpg
#4525 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Update on this: I emailed [email protected] today (Sunday) and got a reply less than an hour later with a return shipping label, and confirmation that new parts have been ordered. Kudos to Adam Spreadbury at Stern, for his quick and positive response.

Wait so both your node 10 and your friends are toast, sounds like? What part are they replacing? Hopefully not just a new node 10 as that'll get fried too. Keep us up to date on how the underlying cause is diagnosed and resolved, please...

1 week later
#4911 2 years ago

Upper Orbit Switch Adjustment Guide

Is your upper orbit not registering consistently, even after adding a bit of felt to the ball guide? If so you may benefit from adjusting the switch on the orbit to increase its sensitivity.

1. Power off game, take glass off.
2. Press down slowly and gently on the switch in the upper orbit, feeling for when it "clicks". The point where you feel the click is where the game will register the ball going over. Do you have to move the switch arm down quite a bit before it actuates? If so read on. If not, sorry, this guide won't help you. On my game, the switch arm needed to be moved down *considerably* before the switch would click, which means if the ball has any air (or doesn't hit it dead center) it may not register. We're going to adjust the switch so it registers with less downward movement (in other words, we'll make it more sensitive).
3. Raise the playfield to vertical position (don't forget to remove the balls, or stuff a rag in the trough output so the balls don't fly out)
4. Look for the switch in question - it's near the bottom of the playfield when looking at it vertically, a bit left of center.
5. Remove the two red screws holding the switch using a 1/4 inch nut driver.
6. With the switch in your hands, again gently move the arm to actuate the switch, and take note of how much movement it takes for it to actuate (click).
7. Time to bend! See the photo attached. You want to grip the arm at the point shown (two red lines) using pliers and rotate to bend as shown, **gently but firmly**. Do not go overboard here! A tiny amount of bend will change the actuation point dramatically.
8. Try again actuating the switch with your hand. It should click with less movement than before. If the switch doesn't click even pressed all the way in at this point, you bent the arm too much - rotate the opposite of before to un-bend a bit, and try again. I set mine such that it took probably 80%-90% less movement than before to actuate the switch.
9. ** IMPORTANT** - re-install the switch using the two red screws, lower the playfield, and test the switch again from the top side. The switch can make contact with the playfield wood at the end of the arm, so the resting position when installed may be different than when you're testing it free in your hand. Of course, installed is what matters, so don't skip the installed test! Again, take note of how much movement is needed to get it to actuate, and adjust as necessary to have a small amount of movement be sufficient to get the switch to actuate.

My upper orbit is now 100% after this adjustment, woohoo!

Switch bending.jpgSwitch bending.jpg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
2 weeks later
#5702 1 year ago

Anyone figure out steps to adjusting the Time Machine to not have a ball trap at the top of the up/down ramp?

1 week later
#5925 1 year ago
Quoted from trt8ian:

Are you concerned or have run into ball damage from the exposed area on that replacement scoop guard (P/N 511-3057-00)? Especially on side hits coming off the top flipper. I expressed to Stern possibly an edge protector or something. Tech said they would review and get back but that was a couple weeks ago.

The top flipper can't make a shot to the bottom scoop - at the very tip of the flipper, it hits the top scoop. So I don't think this is much of a problem at all.

#6105 1 year ago
Quoted from orangedude71:

Additionally 20 seconds or so the lower playfield GI lights went dark. I don’t have enough play time with machine yet to know if that’s just a bug or a feature or an actual problem but I’ll be keeping my eye on it from now

During Fly By Night the GI does go dark, but it's the whole PF, not just the bottom half...

#6191 1 year ago
Quoted from Ten31:

Does anyone know why this keeps happening? Usually, two or three times per game. The game is leveled at the specified 6.5 degree pitch, maybe a little more. It gets a little annoying after a while.

I emailed stern about this - they said the Time Machine can be moved forward which should eliminate that ball trap. I will try this on my machine and report back with which screws you need to loosen to do this.

#6297 1 year ago
Quoted from Starman_2112:

Is my machine the only one which sends 75%+ of shots into the time machine with the ramp down strait down the middle? There is simply no way I try to even attempt the shot any more, its just terrible.

Right or left flipper? On my machine the shot is totally makable from a trap on the right flipper, but somewhat dangerous from the left one.

1 week later
#6742 1 year ago
Quoted from Ten31:

Any update on the mystery screws for the time machine?

I looked today to try to find a way to move the time machine forward as they suggested to eliminate the ball trap at the top of the up/down ramp - yeah no, I can't get it to move. Seems the answer they gave you is more accurate than the one they gave me...

2 weeks later
#7164 1 year ago
Quoted from Ghosters:

Am I correct that it appears that the effects are actually on the music channel? It would be nice to adjust, music, callouts and effects separately, but I don't know if Stern has considered that

No, the sound effects are not on the music channel. They're their own thing. Here's how to adjust their level:

There are attenuation adjustments for music and speech, but not sound effects. That said, by adjusting speech and music, and changing the overall volume level of the game, you can indeed control the level of sound effects relative to speech and music! Want sound effects louder? attenuate music and speech equally, and raise the game volume. Boom! Want sound effects quieter? Do the exact opposite, add negative attenuation to music and speech and lower the game volume.

8 months later
#12518 1 year ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

Haha you are all my friends. These files have been made available and anyone that has access to a 3D printer can make them. If you don’t have access and you want these, I’d be happy to make them for you. I’ve made a few sets for some people who liked them. They are available in my pinside shop for free. There is a small shipping fee but I’m happy to do it.
Thanks to Bigguybbr for designing these and making the files available to the community.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1477-slipstream-pinball-mods/07868-free-rush-bulb-covers-and-sleeves-

This is incredibly generous, wow! Thanks for doing this!!

#12565 1 year ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

3D printing is very enjoyable to me.

Don't want to stray off topic too much, but I recently invented a new 3D-printed tool for setting the pitch on pinball machines using a bubble level - check it out in my video, and I've posted the STL file on my blog (linked from the video) so you can print your own!

2 weeks later
#12784 1 year ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

If you are going digital, get the small cube one so you never have problems finding a spot to place it.

One of the challenges with the cube ones is it's not as obvious to get it 100% parallel to the slope of the playfield. Rotate it even ever so slightly, and it will read off. But that said, it is a good tool to have. Actually I made a video comparing my favorite methods, check it out!

2 months later
#14613 10 months ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Make me # 2 then…Love my LZ - outstanding game and never leaving my collection.

#3 right here, LZ is fantastic. What a mis-understood game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 35.00
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 194.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 42.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

6,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersburg, IN
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider andre060.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1?tu=andre060 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.