IMG_6410 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2562 (resized).jpg
IMG_2578 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2574 (resized).jpeg
20240322_163542 (resized).jpg
20240322_163631 (resized).jpg
20240319_194137 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #91 Rush song list Posted by Bill2112Rush (2 years ago)

Post #1378 RULES. Link to RUSH Rulesheet Posted by Av8 (2 years ago)

Post #1389 TECH: SWITCHES. Lockdown bar action button not working - fix Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1818 MOD: SOUND. Amp DIY upgrade for RUSH Posted by TinyBlackDog (2 years ago)

Post #2123 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter lane adjustment to stop rattling ball launch Posted by Coyohtay (2 years ago)

Post #3107 TECH: SOUND. Headphone Jack no-boot when installed workaround Posted by AUKraut (2 years ago)

Post #3632 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Scoop losing track of balls. Posted by Schwaggs (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Schwaggs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1410 2 years ago

Setup my LE a couple days ago - been too busy playing to post!

The artwork is just stunning. Love the guitar strings in the armor, the backglass mirroring.

Love the gameplay just as much as the pro I played several weeks ago. A couple differences from the pro but very much the same. Smooth as butter ramp shots.

The dead end shot that comes rocketing back at you on the Pro is replaced with the time machine shot when the ramp is down. It doesn't rocket back at you the same but it feels equally as weird.

Loving insider connect. Took a screen shot of my QR code to make it easy to log in.

I dropped the flipper power to mid - just as fun and not as many air balls.

Switched the speaker impedance to 4 ohms
Connected a 12" sub to CN5
Raised the treble and mids on the backbox speakers
Set the music attenuation to -20
Sounds REALLY great now!

Dropped the trough eject and auto launch power.

Upgraded over WIFI - worked perfectly - took about an hour so don't try if you are in a hurry.

#1413 2 years ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

what product did you use to connect your ext subwoofer?

I made my own cable using 0.100 molex connector and pins.

#1426 2 years ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Alright i have to ask, bc I also consider home theater to be somewhat of a hobby.
I’ve never heard of changing a speakers impedance using a simple menu setting like this. The speakers are rated at 8ohms for a reason I’d think. By lowering impedance to 4ohms you’re lowering resistance and drawing more power from what already seems to be an insufficient amp.
So maybe an audio expert can explain whats happening here and if this is really a good idea?

The upgraded speakers in the backbox are are 4 ohms in the LE.

#1450 2 years ago

Until there is a formal jukebox mode, you can just start a game, select a song and it will play the song to the end with the ball sitting in the shooter lane. When it finishes playing that song, it starts playing the next. Jukebox mode!

#1491 2 years ago

I just noticed the full version of 2112 is not in the game. The version on the game has Discovery completely removed and parts of Oracle: The Dream and Soliloquy edited out.

MapleSyrup do you know why? Was that on purpose or a mistake?

#1745 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

LZ had good sound out of the box. But the Pinwoofer system took it to the next level. I don't know what it is about Rush, but the backbox ohm setting was wrong and was distorted. When I changed it to 4 ohms, it sounded better but never got loud enough to be a REAL Rush game. With Pinsound, you have to turn it down so your ears aren't ringing after a session of playing.
My wife has my balls in her purse, so I guess it's not really blowing my balls off after all.

I had to turn mine back to 8 ohms as well… it lowered the volume so bad it was unusable.

#1917 2 years ago
Quoted from Craiger:

The spinner is one of the more satisfying shots for me. I almost don't mid missing the right ramp if I pound the spinner.
I do find that most of my spinner shots end up then going around and UP into the orbit rather than down to the upper flipper. I don't know how this could possibly happen within the confines of known physics, but it does. Anyone else having this happen? Waiting for the ball to drift down to the upper flipper does give me a much needed pause sometimes, but is this as the game was designed, or do I need to adjust the guides right after the spinner?

I’ve played 2 different Rush games and both have a little rattle at the top when exiting the spinner and upper orbit shot. So I think that’s normal and I really like it. Makes setting up the next shot super easy.

I can’t say I’ve seen the ball go up into the orbit after a spinner shot. Might want to have someone record the ball with their phone with slo motion enabled to see what’s happening at the exit when this happens.

#2162 2 years ago

Almost sounds like the switch is stuck closed. Might be a miss-adjusted switch or wired up wrong using the normally closed contacts or just a bad switch.

#2416 2 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

I went through that also
Actually my sticker came off the first couple games I played in the machine I stuck it on and it stayed ever since

Weird, the left target sticker fell off mine too. I have it, just need to stick it back on.

#2475 2 years ago

Anyone else try enabling physical locks for the scoops? Whenever I do, it resisters the ball is locked and serves up a new ball but when you drain the second ball, it doesn’t register, goes through ball search then launches the ball out of the scoop.

This is on .89. Anyone else seeing this or do I have a problem with my machine?

#2499 2 years ago
Quoted from DrDQ:

Anyone doing anything about the inside loop switch not registering on a frequent basis? Bending the switch metal? Something else?
I guess an opto there would have been better.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/38#post-6809357

#2662 2 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Anyone else try enabling physical locks for the scoops? Whenever I do, it resisters the ball is locked and serves up a new ball but when you drain the second ball, it doesn’t register, goes through ball search then launches the ball out of the scoop.
This is on .89. Anyone else seeing this or do I have a problem with my machine?

Updated my LE to .90 and did more testing. I think there is a bug in the physical lock code:

Enable physical locks in Adjustments feature #5 (this is off by default for some reason). This will allow locking balls under the playfield in the little window.

Lock a ball. A new ball will be fed into the shooter lane. (Correct)

When the second ball drains, the game goes into ball search and ejects the ball from the lock.

I checked all the trough and lock switches and they seem to be working.

Anyone else tried enabling this?

63E7F2EE-15A9-4466-A82D-B53356ED2586 (resized).jpeg63E7F2EE-15A9-4466-A82D-B53356ED2586 (resized).jpeg
#2666 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

I don't recall mine doing this. Bad switch?

Did you change yours to physical locking? By default it’s virtual locking.

#2680 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

My L/R lower flippers are set to 225, and this shot (and all others) are still make-able.

I set mine to 200 thinking that would be close to "Mid" on the old setting. (new range is 150-255) No problem making any shots with 200

#2696 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

I first enabled this adjustment in .89 and have never experienced a ball search. I probably only have 5 or so games on .90 though, but a ton on .89.
The only ball searches I’ve ever had are when the ball occasionally gets caught on the top lip of the time machine ramp when it is raised. There is no way to nudge it out without tilting. That’s something I’d like to figure out how to fix, maybe by loosening and pushing the ramp mech closer to the time machine.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I looked at it and have a miss-adjusted switch in the scoop assembly.

#2840 2 years ago

Quoted from PinMonk:

Is "Extra Ball" not working on the upper scoop a known bug? In my RUSH temp test the other day, I hit the lit extra ball scoop a number of times and it did not collect. The behind the upper right flipper one worked, just the one for the scoop didn't seem to.

The upper scoop switch is awefully touchy to get setup to register reliably. I can’t get physical locks to work without it. I wonder if that’s the same problem with extra ball on yours

#2855 2 years ago
Quoted from gsrogers:

Following up on my post saying my LE will not connect to my home internet. I tried rebooting a few times and changing the USB plug the dongle is in. Still failing to connect. It sees the router but just wont connect. I am not sure what the details of my router are.....I am with Comcast.
I find it strange it can see my router but not connect. Other devices like Ipad, Iphones, connect no problem. Any tips?

Might be worthwhile to try a USB extension to get the dongle out of the metal back-box. That will give it stronger signal.

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Extension-Cable-2-Pack-Female/dp/B00NH13Q8W/ref=sr_1_1_sspa

#2859 2 years ago

I have mine set to 200 and the feel about the same as mid to me.

#2898 2 years ago

Finished testing Florescent sling protectors and ball guide plastics! Orange pictured, more colors to come.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1167-gameroom-mods/06577-stern-rush-fluorescent-protectors

C03A5FB8-A020-4ADF-8F1A-6A5C2B8D2676 (resized).jpegC03A5FB8-A020-4ADF-8F1A-6A5C2B8D2676 (resized).jpeg
#2919 2 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

The upper scoop switch is awefully touchy to get setup to register reliably. I can’t get physical locks to work without it. I wonder if that’s the same problem with extra ball on yours

I think I finally fixed my upper scoop. I replaced the micro switch with a new one and it stays closed. I think my original required a tiny bit more force to activate.

#2939 2 years ago

One switch problem with mine. Fewer problems than my other NIB Stern games and one JJP.

#2944 2 years ago

Ball locks in the upper scoop is fully coded. It is enabled using Rush adjustment #5

If you get ball search when a ball is locked in the upper scoop, you have a problem with the microswitch that detects the ball in position 1 of the scoop (position 2 is an opto).

I think they disable physical locks by default due to the difficulty in getting the roller micro switch adjusted to register properly. It’s quite touchy and a bad design IMO

#3251 2 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

It’s supposed to be a ball lock for more than one ball. You can see it working on the Pre/LE trailer but it’s not programmed for that right now. I don’t know why, but I think it’s a virtual lock until it’s coded correctly.

Quoted from J-drum11:

You can turn it on but , it’s not recommended and really out of sync with things. Was told to keep off for now

The physical lock is coded and works perfectly fine if you have a working upper ball lock switch. Some games work out of the box, others do not. This is why they disabled physical ball lock as the default.

When your switch isn’t working reliably and you enable physical locks, it may lock the ball in the scoop but lose track of it and go into ball search and eject the ball from the scoop which feels like the game getting out of sync.

Stern is aware and working on a solution

#3312 2 years ago
Quoted from Boslaw:

Yes, I realized that after my rant Swapped the switches and started up a new game. Half way through my high score, the machine froze, all lights and music shut off. FML!
I can't upgrade the code because every time I scan my QR the game says "This game is not registered" even though I did register the game online yesterday.
I've been waiting for this to arrive for months. Just cranky that it hasn't gone smoothly. Now I need to wait until Monday to talk to someone at Stern about my registration.

I wouldn’t update to .90 over WiFi. It’s huge and takes forever. I’d did mine the old fashioned USB stick method. Super easy.

Update instructions - All Games:
1 - Download the zip file
2 - Unzip the file, this will create a folder that contains SPK file(s).
3 - Open the folder, copy the file(s) to the root level of a
USB stick. (Do not copy the folder.)
4 - Power game off
5 - Insert USB stick
6 - Turn on game
7 - After game boots up it will give the option for software update
8 - Volume buttons change options for full or quick update. Enter selects the
option and starts the update.
9 - Once update is completed game will prompt user to power game off and
remove USB stick.

#3317 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:Same. 8.5 GB! Lots of Audio and Video in the code I suppose. I could only get to 18% and it would stop. Is the wifi dongle the issue?
.90 made Far Cry multiball way harder. And reduced flipper strength slightly.
My humorous Call outs are set to frequent. Hilarious imo.

I had the same experience. It said it would take 90 minutes or something. But it would get so far and time out (back to the main screen). I gave up and went the USB method. 20 minutes later it was updated.

#3323 2 years ago
Quoted from ian866:

That's confusing, they are advocating using a cat5 connection is this video as a solution to poor wifi ?
[quoted image]

If you do try Ethernet, just be sure NOT to plug it into the Node Bus connectors at the bottom of the Spike cpu board. They are the same physical connector. If you do, that is when the damage will occur.

#3488 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

The time machine will catch the ball with the magnet and instead of throwing it to the back of the game it throws it directly down the middle of your flippers.

Mine doesn’t launch the ball SDTM either. Wonder if there is an adjustment for that.

#3547 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Finally got legs on her. First thing that blew me away was the amazing ass backglass...WOW. Not sure if it's an "actual" mirrored BG but there's an actual fucking mirror in it that is just gorgeous.
The second thing I noticed was where the tabs on the protectors bend down, there's a sharp point on each edge on mine.
Third thing I noticed is the mylar I bought a couple years ago seems to be circular magnet mylar for my MET.
Can I cut that up and use that? Cause I'm about to. Not gonna press play till I put mylar down. Can I get that at a craft store?
FUCKIN CHEERS!

Doubt you will find actual Mylar locally but this stuff works in a pinch. I would use a couple layers or more in impact areas like the trough.

https://www.officedepot.com/a/products/1449694/Scotch-Laminating-Sheets-8-12-x/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&mediacampaignid=71700000091288319_16478243932&gclid=Cj0KCQjw5-WRBhCKARIsAAId9Fml6wwRl4xJrj45rP1MO5wrbWeHg5CVYhWXKVHvywGgRjDZucAusPYaAtXDEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

#3548 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Is there a way to turn on attract mode tunes?

No jukebox mode yet like some other games. Just start a game and pick a song. It will start the next song when it is done.

#3598 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I have no doubt that it will get all this worked out. It's just that it *feels* less like RUSH is in 0.90 condition compared to, say, Godzilla, which is on 0.93 and feels way more polished and has for a couple releases. RUSH shouldn't still be losing track of balls at 0.90.

Losing track of balls in the scoop is not a software issue and has been covered several times in this thread.

#3632 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I read this thread pretty religiously and don't remember seeing that. What's causing it?

Quoted from CrashJT:

I've played at least 50 games on .9 and this never happened... till tonight. Happened twice to me. Eventually the machine found them after doing a ball search, but I agree. Probably an odd bug.

Quoted from Kez11:

The interesting thing here is that it will do this during a live game, and then play continues after the ball search clears the scoop, so it seems like software to me...and yes, I've read through this whole thread...

These are the post that describes the root cause.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/59#post-6832723

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/66#post-6837294

The upper scoop has a micro switch that detects ball 1 being locked. There is an opto that reads the ball 2 position. The problem is the opto and micro switch resisters as the ball enters the scoop but the micro switch stop registering the ball in the lock 1 position at some point and the game loses track of this ball.

The micro switch will register as the ball drops on the switch but there isn’t enough force to hold the switch closed reliably. I tried to get mine to register reliably by adjusting its position and the leveling of the game but never could. Only after replacing the micro switch with another did it start working reliably.

In switch test, carefully watch the active switches on the screen when dropping the ball in the upper scoop. You will see the Opto trigger then stop and the micro switch trigger then sometimes stop just before the release pin fires. If it’s working reliably, the micro won’t stop until the release pin fires. It’s very fast and inconsistent so it’s hard to see.

The design needs work as it is finicky to get setup and to stay setup. IMO this is why it is disabled by default. It’s also why they programmed the upper scoop staging pin to drop and release any locked balls when the game starts up (you can hear it activate shortly after the game boots up).

#3650 2 years ago
Quoted from Kez11:

Thank you very much for the responses, and the direct links. I'm trying to get up to speed here, but it's tough to digest in one or two readings.
Did you source your own micro switch replacement, and have you shared that source? I know you mentioned that Stern is working on it, but I'm never sure exactly what that means. My distributor tells me to contact Stern, and Stern tells me to get with my distributor, so it's never clear who is actually doing anything with some of these fixes (ie: the scoop protector fiasco).
Thank you again. I'll keep reading.

I just used a micro switch I had in my stash. This is the same switch that has been used in pinball machines for years. The problem is that the force to activate the switch varies from manufacturer to manufacturer and worse from switch to switch in manufacturer batches. I replaced my switch with the exact same model and manufacturer switch and the new one stays closed while the original doesn’t.

So it’s a crap shoot if replacing the switch will solve the problem. That is why I say it’s a bad design that Stern needs to update.

We need everyone that has this problem to email stern to tell them that your physical ball lock is not working and goes into ball search after locking a ball. The more people that complain, the faster they will work on a fix. Parts.service at Sternpinball.com

This is the switch part number.

https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-ball-detect-blade-with-roller-sub-microswitch.html

#3688 2 years ago

Mine worked over WIFI this time. They must have made improvements to to download function. It kept timing out on 0.90

11G of goodness baby! Thanks Stern development and release team!

#3872 2 years ago
Quoted from jpc211245:

Is there a trick to getting the mylar to stick to the wood inside the scoop?

You can make the piece longer and stick it to the metal of the scoop on the sides.

#3943 2 years ago
Quoted from MooButt:

Any of you guys know where I can get replacement scoop optos in a timely fashion? My opto boards pooped out after only 3 days and I’ve been down for the last week.

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-long-range-opto-emitter-assembly.html
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-long-range-opto-receiver-assembly.html

1 week later
#4459 2 years ago
Quoted from Boslaw:

My machine has started randomly triggering the hoot ball save throughout games (eyes light up and I can hear solenoid click, then eyes turn off - nothing else happens)
Any idea what could cause this?

There can be a ball save triggered when the ball exits the lower scoop. Could that be what you are seeing? If the ball isn’t exiting the scoop when this happens, check the opto on the lower scoop. It might be triggering randomly (would explain the solenoid sound you reported hearing).

#4471 2 years ago
Quoted from Boslaw:

Not that. It's happening all the time now. Probably some switch triggering or a short (hopefully not a short). I'll try what someone above suggested - switch test while banging on the machine to see if I can trigger it again. It's happening now every few seconds throughout the game.
My ramp is also acting funky. Sometimes it will be up, then I'll hear a call out that the time machine is ready. Then the ramp lowers, waits a second, and raises again.

I’d look at that scoop opto.

#4494 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

But the guy said it was a "top priority"

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#4640 2 years ago

I agree, Rush is a blast and has some very satisfying shots. The only one I haven’t figured out is the left lock for free will multiball. Is there a safe way to shoot that shot?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4773 2 years ago

Replaced the stock speakers on my LE with some Alpine S-S50 speakers recommended in the DIY thread and holy cow, what a difference. The midrange is back! I can hear Neil’s drums again!

Coupled with the Kliptch 12” sub and the results are nothing short of spectacular.

#4788 2 years ago

Started making light up dice for the lock lights!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1167-gameroom-mods/06718-lighted-dice

19BD5721-A476-408A-9106-1CEE7A1FD7DC (resized).jpeg19BD5721-A476-408A-9106-1CEE7A1FD7DC (resized).jpeg391F98A2-B330-4531-BE01-79AE28568687 (resized).jpeg391F98A2-B330-4531-BE01-79AE28568687 (resized).jpeg
#5025 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I changed as soon as I read about it reverting to default. No issues, any idea why stern did this?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/73#post-6844259

#5087 2 years ago

You guys crack me up!

#5295 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Quick shoutout for Gameroom Mods, I love the dice lights! Just the right size so they're subtle but present. Great improvement over plain stock bulbs!
[quoted image]

Looking great! Thanks for the shoutout!

Quoted from PinMonk:

A nitpick, because dice are absolutely what both of those lights should have been from the factory and this is an improvement as-is, but I wish they'd mount them to the light at angles so they impart a sense of motion. Mounting them flat just looks boring.

Those are standard bayonet sockets. There is no standard orientation for the pins of the bayonet. You can, however give the socket a gentile twist and turn it to whatever orientation you want!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1167-gameroom-mods/06718-lighted-dice

#5423 1 year ago
Quoted from Wizrdofwor:

My technical issue is consistent rapid wear on right catapult bumper. The rubber wears out in just two weeks. The wear is on the corner impact. I have no unusual wear anywhere else. I have replaced this O Ring FOUR times already.
I use 2” Rubber O Ring. An added frustration is that the playing surface gets very grimy with all this rubber breaking off in such a short time.
Any advice?[quoted image][quoted image]

I’ve never seen that level of wear before but just a guess - Check the plastic post for a burr in the molding that might be cutting the rubber. If you find one, you can sand it down with folded sandpaper or swap the posts to different corners of the sling.

Once the “outer casing” of the rubber gets nicked, it’s game over for that rubber.

3 weeks later
#6293 1 year ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Also, do all the le's need the scoop switch replaced?

Yes, all the LEs were made before the fix was finalized. You or the original owner should get the scoop switch and updated scoop protector (that you won’t use) from your distributor.

2 weeks later
#6863 1 year ago
Quoted from Chazulli:

After updating to 0.97, I've seen some interesting behavior and wanted to ask if this is expected.
The new code now has the SIDE SCOOP LOCKS BALLS set to always, which is a change from previous versions. However, I've noticed that when I have a ball locked in the side scoop and drain the current ball, the machine won't end the turn. Instead, it will enter ball search, eject the ball from the side scoop and allow me to continue playing. This greatly extends the turn, but perhaps this is expected?
Also, there have been several cases when it seems that the ball locked in the side scoop will be ejected while playing another ball, starting a pseudo multi-ball, but not the Far Cry multiball. I can then lock the ball back into the side scoop, or just finish playing the two balls.
Has anyone else seen this behavior?

That’s what happened on mine before the upper scoop switch fix. Make sure you have the scoop switch fix installed and adjusted properly

2 weeks later
#7385 1 year ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

I installed the gameroommods yesterday - the time machine and dice over each scoop - look very good. I'm very pleased with both. Also picked up the pinmonk insert color films to help with mode clarity. Other than that, I don't plan to mod RUSH much more. It already seems visually busy/exciting for me. Expression lighting is high on my list and then I think I'm done. Everybody has their own preferences, I a bit of a minimalist on RUSH: I do so enjoy this game!

Quoted from Nstone4425:

Just watched their video they really did a good job on this mod.

Thanks for the kind words! ddebuss worked on the Vac Tube mod for months. So many revisions and iterations were tried! It really feels good to hear when people enjoy your creations.

Thankfully we have many creative, skilled people on here that dream up these ideas and give us options to customize our games! Options = good!

1 week later
#7739 1 year ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Has anyone made a plastic piece to stop air balls around the loop from the upper flipper? I’m only getting loops to register 50% of the time due to the ball catching air

I spent the afternoon designing and test fitting an orbit shield plastic if you or anyone would like to try that solution.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1167-gameroom-mods/07010-rush-upper-orbit-ball-retention-plastic

392E3816-F94E-4E44-809A-51383CB4836F (resized).jpeg392E3816-F94E-4E44-809A-51383CB4836F (resized).jpegE2B6592E-77CE-4D1B-BB02-17E9DDB48302 (resized).jpegE2B6592E-77CE-4D1B-BB02-17E9DDB48302 (resized).jpeg
#7837 1 year ago
Quoted from texas_compadre:

Mine is registering 100% of the time with the stock switch now that I have the switch working as it should and interfaced properly with the game. I hope everyone finds a fix that works for them - I just wanted to make the point that the "airball" theory is incorrect - that's not what's causing the problem.

My stock switch registers fine with some shots, not others. I ordered the MRM, same thing. About 50% of the shots would register. Installed the Orbit Retention Plastic and 100% of the shots register. Others have reported that reducing the upper flipper power or the NinjaCamp solution or the felt strip solution have solved it for them. So clearly air balls are the problem for most.

Sounds like you have a bad MRM. I assure you when working properly, the MRM will register a ball moving over it. Why would they sell them if they didn’t?

You had problems with your stock switch. You are not the first person to have defective or maladjusted parts in a new game. Just because it happened to you doesn’t mean all of us have the same problem. These are complex machines with many ways to fail.

Thank you for sharing your solution, maybe it will work for some others in the group.

#7981 1 year ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

VisitorQ, the thread with more info on the available switches although I'd bet everything mounted through the Rush playfield would match the "universal" switch.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mampm-creations-mrs-catalog

VisitorQ - as the other guys said, just PM Sonic and tell him what you want the switch for and he will set you up. There is some soldering involved to splice in the new switch but the whole install is super easy as far as pinball projects go.

#8006 1 year ago
Quoted from jonboy71:

Are all NIB Stern products this bad? I bought it to play, not have to install 3rd party parts and worry about boards blowing. I understand some adjustments and routine maintenance should be expected, but it seems to me proper testing at Stern would have manifested and sorted out these problems before full production. We'd all be having a better experience. I don't think that's asking a lot for a product at this price point. Is there a lemon law in the pinball world?

Problems have a tendency to be amplified by Pinside. Not that pinside is bad but if you have 3 people complain about the same problem, it sounds like a huge problem. In reality, that’s 3 people out of 500 on pinside with the problem or less than 1%. Granted that’s not a perfect example but the point is, problems are amplified.

These are complex machines to design, test and assemble. Some glitches are to be expected and are part of the “fun”!

#8078 1 year ago
Quoted from H3XAG0N:

Bad news, putting the furniture felt in this lane did not make a difference. I tried: felt on just left side, felt on just right side, and felt on both sides. Nothing stopped or decreased the occurrence of rejections to the spinner lane. In fact, a few times it seemed worse. I wondering now if what we actually need is a geometry change here. Something like this?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Of course the drawing is a bit of an exaggeration to prove the concept, but i feel like this could prevent that bounce from coming back up towards the gate.
I have a 3d printer, but not TPU filament to test this. Time to summon the experts! OutpostKodelia

How about a piece of "dead foam" or high density weatherstripping or even the felt pad on the side where the pink shape is drawn?

#8136 1 year ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

anyone have the right hand side pop bumper stick down? Have not taken a good look at it yet but thought perhaps an inherent problem mentioned somewhere before? cheers

The metal ring of the pop bumper is likely rubbing against the back of the scoop. Some people have removed the ring and ground a little bit of it away with a dremel.

Some games have this problem, others don’t. Part of the hand assembled part of pinball, I guess.

#8138 1 year ago
Quoted from Fussa71:

I’m not sure if this issue has been addressed here, but on a fast shot up the Rush ramp (when diverting to the left) the ball is flying of the left ramp and onto the playfield. Could be a leveling issue.
Anyone else deal with this?

I have this too. I wasn’t exactly sure where it was happening but what you say makes sense. I’m going to try ever so slightly bending the habitrail up on the outside of the corner. That really helped on some other games (like the Indy 500 turbobobby exit habitrail)

#8156 1 year ago
Quoted from Boslaw:

I just don't understand this take at all. You (maybe not you personally, but people in general) would not accept this with any other product you buy, especially at these prices. I have re-finished and cleared a completely trashed playfield myself. My clear job came out better and smoother than this brand new playfield. Sure, I spent a lot more time and labor on it, but theirs is mass produced with much better tools/tech than I have, and they have much more experience than I have.
There have been other problems with my pin. Cutting a pop bumper with a dremel to make it fit properly, replacing switches, etc. These I can sort of accept. There are a lot of moving parts on a pin and I guess I just have to accept those problems given that there are only a few pin manufacturers. But having that kind of rippling on a playfield really is in a different category. I took close ups to send to my distro, but you can 100% see the rippling while playing and you can feel it in spots with your bare hand.
I accept that I'll probably get no satisfaction on this. I acknowledge that others have this problem, and maybe worse. Still sucks. Still love the pin.

I totally agree with you. For the price they are charging, one should expect a properly cleared playfield that allows the ball to roll properly.

This same thin and/or missing clear was on many of the NIB games (not just Rush) on display at SFGE this weekend. I don’t know why we should accept this lack of quality.

I guess on the plus side - without clear you will not have pooling.
33C4EEEB-876A-42B0-A589-EEDE57D91857 (resized).jpeg33C4EEEB-876A-42B0-A589-EEDE57D91857 (resized).jpeg

#8193 1 year ago
Quoted from Kez11:

Wanted to post a big "Thank You" to Jon at Gameroommods for the bonus fluorescent protector!
I had received and installed their set of protectors months ago, and suddenly in my mailbox arrives a new piece, because they added to the kit long after i got mine. THAT'S how you gain a customer for life.
Thank you, Jon!

Thanks for the shoutout! I think the 5th piece really rounds out the look to the kit. I thought it only fair to send one to all prior customers.

Everyone should be receive the theirs in the mail in the next few days. If yours arrives broken or you just never receive it in the next 10 days, please PM me and I’ll send another one.

#8232 1 year ago
Quoted from sepins:

I have My NIB Rush LE for sale. It is going to sell so cheap thinking about opening it and trying it as it can't get much cheaper than the $10K offer I had.
Stern sent a replacement for Trough and outhole protectors. Are the outhole protectors Stern sent sufficient to save PF or should I wait and get Ninja's?
Thanks!!!

The add-on Stern sent out protects the PF fine. The Ninja does too and looks better to boot. Both are about the same difficulty to install.

1 week later
#8499 1 year ago
Quoted from Ghosters:

Found this on EBAY a while back, a back stage pass. The good old days.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Super cool! I grew up listening to that radio station!

#8669 1 year ago
Quoted from Ghosters:

I asked this previously, but didn't get a response. When the game is on and at rest, do you hear a hissing or humming sound. I am not referring to the fan. I know older machines tend to do this, just wondering if it is normal. The sound embedded frequency looks to be around 8,000Hz. Just want to make sure this isn't associated to a ground issue. I did add a pinwoofer kit to it, but I believe it was there before the addition.

No hissing or hum on my LE with external sub.

#8770 1 year ago
Quoted from Gabpower:

I had the inner loop issue getting worse day after day where it registered about 1 in 5 shots.
I cleaned the whole playfield with novus 2 and wax and now it's registering 99% of the time. What's going on?

The ball is lifting off the playfield as it makes the sharp corner and misses the switch. Several solutions in the thread including using a piece of furniture felt to limit the rise of the ball, ninja camps mod or our orbit retention plastic (shameless plug ).

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1167-gameroom-mods/07010-rush-upper-orbit-ball-retention-plastic

#8847 1 year ago
Quoted from etr104:

Here's another question. This might be more of a general Spike2 question rather than a question specifically about Rush. But on my Rush premium, my clock (and system time) keeps reverting to exactly 4 hours off of the correct time. No matter how many times I go into the settings and change the time to the correct time, upon reboot it ends up 4 hours off.
I've got my machine connected to Wifi, so I'm assuming that every time I boot the machine, the clock gets synced up with an NTP (network time) server on the Internet, however the timezone is somehow set incorrectly.
I can't find anywhere in the settings to change my timezone. Where do I go to do this??

Make sure the address or at least city and state are accurate on your Insider Connected account. The machine uses that to set your time zone.

#8854 1 year ago
Quoted from JookyDFW:

Hello Everyone. There is a Premium Rush machine for sale in my area and I'm thinking about buying it. But I noticed there are there are issues with the mystery scoop protector and a switch assembly for the lower side scoop. Are the fixes covered under warranty and would I be able to get them if I'm the second owner?

The first owner should have these fixes in hand or installed already. They were sent our by the distributors a couple months ago. If the machine is newer, they might have been installed from the factory.

DO IT! It’s a fun game!

#8861 1 year ago
Quoted from Lizard_Wizard:

New Rush owner here. When I hit a clean shot to the right ramp on the fly the ball comes around very fast and often jumps off the habit rail on the return. What would be the best way to fix this?

I had this same problem on mine. I took a screw driver at the apex of that first turn and threaded it through the habitrail below the “railing” but above the “track”. I supported the habitrail at the connection point to the plastic ramp (near the diverted) and lifted up gently to slightly bend the habitrail up on the outside of the curve. Gently bend up at various points around that curve to avoid kinking the habitrail. You need to support the habitrail connection point so you don’t break the mount out of the plastic part of the ramp.

It doesn’t take much. I couldn’t even see a visible difference in the ramp. If it still jumps off, give it another bend.

1 week later
#9025 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I am sure mine may have skipped a beat once or twice, maybe not but it seems work when I hit the repeated loop shots which is such a satisfying shot.

If you lowered the power on your upper flipper, that would make a difference. Or maybe your ball guide has a slight inward tilt while others are plumb or slightly outward tilt? It could be a lot of things.

I will say it is nice to have it score accurately, each and every time. Mine seemed to miss more than half before installing our Upper Orbit Ball Retention Plastic

#9040 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I just installed the same switch yesterday and had the same issue. For me, the switch needed to be dialed-in by loosening the 2 screws and moving the switch as far away from the subway as possible. When it's too close, the switch activates...it's much more sensitive than other switches I've dealt with.
I'd be very surprised if the switch itself was defective...just try adjusting it. Good luck...[quoted image]

I agree that the bracket and switch are installed with the switch stuck closed.

OP - loosen the screws that hold the new assembly to game and push so the switch is as far away from the subway weldment as possible, tighten the screws back down. Turn the game on, go into switch test and see if that switch is still stuck closed with no ball in place.

1 week later
#9218 1 year ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

More information... if I totally remove the microswitch from the assembly, and power up the game with it not installed, I don't get the operator alert. At that point the switch tests normally, as do the coils in the side scoop assembly. However, if I reattach the switch to the sheet metal that it mounts to, no matter how I try to bend the actuator, it seems to be stuck closed at all times and thus the operator alert... almost as if the mounting holes were put too close to the body of the scoop. Attempts to bend the tab that the switch mounts to (so it sits a bit further back from the body of the scoop assembly) have not been successful.

I suspect the screw hole you made to mount the switch bracket to the playfield is pushed too far to one side or the other, forcing the switch closed when you tighten it down.

#9294 1 year ago
Quoted from Animal:

Thanks! Will do, although prior to changing to clear drop targets, there was no problem...

Did you paint the opto interrupter tab with some very opaque paint? If not, the machine thinks the targets are up already since the optos are not uninterrupted by the clear drop target material.

#9327 1 year ago

Anyone know where you can find the list of setting changes that come with installing one of the presets like “Home”?

#9330 1 year ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

One of the code updates Read Me files, broke down the changes for Home settings. I’m thinking it was 0.94 or 0.96 code release. Heading out the door, or I’d look it up.

Thanks! I’ll look there.

#9338 1 year ago

For those interested - From 0.91 readme-

- Added a significant number of adjustments to the INSTALL HOME install
utility. This is the recommended install option for games in a home
environment. These settings generally match the gameplay experience from
software revision v0.90.
- Install Home will modify the following adjustments:
- FREE PLAY changed to YES
- HSTD INITITALS changed to 10 Letter.
- ALLOW FORCE ENDGAME changed to ALWAYS.
- BALL SAVE TIME changed to 12 seconds.
- TIME MACHINE MULTIBALL DIFFICULTY changed to EASY.
- FAR CRY LOCK DIFFICULTY changed to EXTRA EASY.
- FREEWILL MULTIBALL DIFFICULTY changed to EASY.
- FREEWILL ADD-A-BALL DIFFICULTY changed to EASY.
- ADVANCE BALL SAVES IN MULTIBALL changed to YES.
- FRY CRY SUPER JACKPOT DIFFICULTY changed to EASY.
- FAR CRY NUM BALLS changed to 3.
- TIME MACHINE NUM BALLS changed to 3.
- ADD-A-BALL BALL SAVE TIME changed to 6.
- DRUM CLOCK TIME IN MULTIBALL BEHAVIOR changed to ALWAYS.
- HEADLONG FLIGHT MULTIBALL DIFFICULTY changed to EXTRA HARD.
- DROP TARGETS STAY DOWN ON FULL SET changed to NO.

#9358 1 year ago
Quoted from j_m_:

mandalorian, godzilla and rush. all 3 still do not have toppers

It’s almost like they make zero profit on the accessories (which we know isn’t true).

Why wouldn’t you have them ready when the game launches to ride the new game enthusiasm wave? Makes no sense.

#9383 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Black
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Black for me too. It just blends in with the scoop opening.

1 week later
#9546 1 year ago
Quoted from CrashJT:

What can this strange device be that I've found, when I touch it, it gives forth NO sound...
While examining the bottom of Rush, I found these. The little screw looks like the ones holding the ramp bumpers on, but all four are already there. The other thing "seems" like an LED on one side, but has 6 solder pads on the other side???? (Next to a "Magic Dime " for size comparison.) Any ideas what/ where these are???? Thank you!

I don’t think that component is an LED. It looks like a SMD coil. I bet it fell off or was knocked off one of the node boards under the playfield. Pretty odd that it would just fall off without some physical “persuasion”.

#9548 1 year ago
Quoted from CrashJT:

I didn't persuade it. I did play pinball. Found it in front of the bass speaker if I recall

I would have a look at your Node Boards to see if you can find one with a missing component that size. If you do, take a picture and send to Stern to see if the will send you a replacement board.

#9590 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

A quick question regarding multiball: I was watching a youtube with Ray explaining rules. He seemed to allude there was a way to cycle through multiball choices. How is this accomplished?

You can cycle through the 3 time machine multiballs by hitting the dead end shot. The lights on the ramp (Prem/LE) or the insert flasher tell you which is selected.

#9707 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

I'm glad that there are so many options to fix the inner-loop issue, and many props to the ingenuity and effort that's gone into the various solutions, but honestly it feels like we're coming up with fixes for a problem that has all ready been solved.
Just use the gameroom mods clear acrylic solution. The actual problem with the inner loop is that, due to the pf and flipper geometry on Rush, the ball gets airborne and doesn't trigger the loop switch. And the best way to keep a ball from getting airborne is to use an air ball preventer.
[quoted image]
It's the simplest of all the solutions, and I haven't heard of anyone having a single registration problem once installed. It's just an air ball preventer that keeps the ball down low enough to always trigger the switch. No need to lift the pf and swap the factory switch, and no need to ever adjust it once installed. It's invisible from the playing position, and it doesn't seem to slow the ball down at all.
Installation is dead simple and doesn't require removing anything except 2 lock nuts. It couldn't be simpler, doesn't require any messing around, and it's only $15 shipped in the US. It's a no brainer.
It just seems like the simplest and best solution to me.
------
That being said, mrs switches in general are really cool and have other advantages such as no ball hang-ups ever. And ninjacamp makes a lot of other great mods for Rush, anyway. I am using the ninjacamp shooter-lane rattle-fix, and their Exit Stage Left mod. I've had the ESL mod installed for over 2 months and 1000+ plays, and it's still working perfectly. Can't imagine the game without it now.

Thanks for the feedback @dakotamike!

I agree, it’s nice to have options and many people out there willing to offer up their ideas for tweaking these complex machines.

We haven’t received feedback from a single purchaser that the Orbit Cover didn’t work for them but have had many positive comments that it works great.

If anyone is dissatisfied with the performance of the Orbit Cover they need only send it back for a full refund.

3 weeks later
#10167 1 year ago
Quoted from McDoom:

I want to upgrade the speakers in Rush. What brand do you guys recommend?

I found the stock speaker lacking in the midrange which is critical for Rush. I really like the Alpine S-S50 and an external sub. That combo sounds great! It needed absolutely no EQ changes.

Alpine S-S50 S-Series 5.25-inch Coaxial 2-Way Speakers (pair) https://a.co/d/7oDkftC

If you have a Premium or Pro you will need new 5.25” speaker plates to mount the larger speakers.

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-spike-2-speaker-plate-for-525-drivers.html

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 month later
#10783 1 year ago

Gameroommods 15% off now through Cyber Monday! Use code GRM2022BF

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1167-gameroom-mods

Rush Mods:
Inner Orbit Protector
Time Machine Vacuum Tube lights
Light up Dice
Florescent sling and lane guide protectors
Clear sling protectors

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#10811 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

I have the inner orbit protector in my premium and i have not missed scoring a shot there since installing. AND.... it looks so clean and well cut that you have no idea it was not a factory piece. I highly recommend it.

Quoted from Apollo18:

Seconded.
it’s the best solution for the switch registering and looks like it belongs. Easy install, Can’t even see it, so clean and well cut.
GameRoom Mods are very nice people making
Great mods.

Thanks for the feedback and kind words guys! It really energizes us to hear people are enjoying our mods!

#10882 1 year ago
Quoted from pete_d:

Well, there's your problem.
The other people in my household would gripe endlessly if the game's auto boost for replays was enabled, or if I didn't set it to award extra balls for replay awards. On my game, by the time you got to 1 billion, you'd have four extra balls in the queue.
Yet another example of why you can't really compare scores across games. There are just too many different settings that affect scoring potential for a given player skill. My game is set for fun, not for "can I beat RayDay or Dalton Ely?" I already know I can't, never will, and frankly I also know there are plenty of other players way better than I am.

I set mine for fun too.

Problem comes when you have friends that are one of those really good players and you end up watching them play a seemingly endless game with all those extra balls.

Stern really needs on the fly and by the player difficulty settings! Come on, it’s only software!

#10903 1 year ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Curious if anyone else on here had trouble getting the Ninja Camp VUK protector to work properly? No matter how I situate it - the ball won't trigger the switch. It seems this product is just far too thick. Has anyone had similar issues?

I had the same problem. I ended up bending the leaf on the switch up just a bit to give is some extra reach. Working perfectly ever since.

3 weeks later
#11429 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Well…….that sucks

That does suck! I’ll send you a replacement.

#11518 1 year ago

If anyone has a blown node 10 board that they didn’t have to send back to stern can you PM me? I’d like to try replacing the blown chip to see if that’s all it takes to fix the board.

2 weeks later
#11887 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

+1 for Gameroom mods, ordered with the dice lights and Time Machine lights, installed under the upper plastic on my pro, works 100% and never any weird stalls or ball travel issues.
And he replaced a dice light that broke off very quickly, stand up guy!!

Thank you for the kind words! We treat you guys like we would want to be treated! Love this place!

The GameroomMods inner orbit fix has been a great fix for the orbit registering. Install is super easy (just two nuts) and never needs adjusting. We have had zero complaints. Order one up, if it doesn’t work for you. Just let us know and we will refund you.

1 week later
#12133 1 year ago
Quoted from Kez11:

So I bought the dozen clouded dice from Amazon (Thank you Vespula and CrashJT), drilled three (one for practice), put the two at the scoops like they should have been from the factory, hid one behind the Presto rabbit flasher, then I still had nine left. Hmmmmm, what to do???
I present my further tribute to Roll the Bones.
[quoted image]

Looks great! Love the Roll the Bones setup! It’s one of my favorite albums mostly because it was my first Rush concert!

For anyone interested in lighted dice but not interested in making their own, we offer the clear frosted dice with several color LEDs attached in our pinside shop!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1167-gameroom-mods/06718-lighted-dice-for-stern-rush

1 month later
#12788 1 year ago

Pinguy’s app is pretty commonly used. It will call out the level so you can hear it while you are under the game turning levelers.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/pinguy/id782973821

2 weeks later
#12987 1 year ago

Just because it has a motor and some pulleys shouldn’t make it a $2k topper.

I’m hoping $1k or less with that BOM.

#13009 1 year ago
Quoted from zh2oson:

So...$1,700?
Oooof.

Yep. What a joke. Won’t stop us zealots from buying unfortunately.

#13131 1 year ago

It is self limiting with that price point.

Reminds me when stern tried to sell that PoS playmobile Ghostbusters topper for what, like $500. Nobody bought it and now it is “priceless”.

#13150 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Is anyone sold on the shooter rod?
Not sure about the size - has Stern made something similar to it in the past?

The Stranger Things shooter looks to be about as big as the Rush version. The STh shooter is a bit too big too but it works just fine. I think they need to be a bit bigger to catch the light from the LEDs.

#13371 1 year ago

Shameless plug if you don’t want to make your own. Green is by far the most common color sold in our shop, followed by white then blue and red are tied for a distant 3rd place.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1167-gameroom-mods/06718-lighted-dice-for-stern-rush

4E2F890F-F639-4B00-B889-5BD75B3E4E15 (resized).jpeg4E2F890F-F639-4B00-B889-5BD75B3E4E15 (resized).jpeg
#13395 1 year ago
Quoted from kmad:

Ignorance and prejudice
And fear walk hand in hand

Had to go listen to it again - found this Youtube version that is well done!

Love this song.

3 weeks later
#13803 11 months ago

Classic Gamerooms in Georgia has Expression Lighting and Armor available. Just arrived yesterday.

(470)444-1395
[email protected]
https://www.classicgamerooms.com/

3 weeks later
#14296 11 months ago

The response to the playmobile Ghostbusters topper was the same when it came out.

Just sayin’

Although with the limited run of Rush machines, there might be plenty of these accessories to go around (like the STh topper)

#14323 11 months ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

I would work with someone stateside to buy it, examine that it is intact, repack it PROPERLY (better internal packing and an additional outer box) and ship it insured. With shipping and whatever import duties I have no idea where the final cost would fall, but might end up with better results.
For instance, just got photos from a friend (arcade owner, sales and service) that had ordered 2 from his distributor that were drop shipped directly from Stern, both topper boxes were together in one big outer box. Both packed exactly like mine, appears as though they were missing the left side and back blocks with just a minor layer of bubble wrap above. One topper still managed to get damaged. Same area as mine, but a broken gear.

Mine was missing some of the foam too. I assumed it was my distro that took it out to make room for the shooter. Thankfully my topper arrived in one piece.

#14334 11 months ago

Topper and shooter installed. The topper is pretty cool. The gears are lit ip and it is coordinated with the expression lighting. Nicely done. Still too expensive but it is a nice item.

#14336 11 months ago

The shooter is a piece of garbage. I’d skip it unless you absolutely have to have all the stern accessories. The decal on the end of the shooter is peeling off right out of the box. The finish on the plastic shooter looks about as shiny as a wax candle. Total crap.

I reapplied the sticker to see if I can get it to stay down. I hit the plastic with some novus 2 and then some furniture polish (my wife’s idea) and it looks better. Still nowhere as nice as some of the other options out there.

#14337 11 months ago

Here you go!

In attract, all it does is light up. I wish the dial and gears would turn every once in a while (like R2D2 does on the SW topper)

IMG_9087 (resized).jpegIMG_9087 (resized).jpegIMG_9088 (resized).jpegIMG_9088 (resized).jpegIMG_9085 (resized).jpegIMG_9085 (resized).jpeg
#14340 11 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Man that looks great! Thx. I'll look forward to seeing rocket city offer the gold hardware cleanup kit for it.
So signals is lit up, and it's in attract mode? Is that random?

It is constantly cycling through lighting the albums one at a time and items on the dial. The gears are constantly changing colors tied into the expression lights. It’s not bad.

In the game, each song has its own light show in the topper coordinated with the expression lights.

#14342 11 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Very cool! Does it have it's own node board for games without expression lights?

Yes, there is a node board in it. Node 12 updated when I turned it on after install.

#14343 11 months ago

The stern shooter does make the skill shot easier like someone said earlier. Not sure if it has to do with the mass of the plastic or the spring. I made 3 out of 3 and I rarely do that.

#14355 11 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:I need to do this centering first. My plunge degraded after installing the shooter but I just put it on so it's my doing... Clearly didn't get lucky.
You are making sense on the guides, although my first Stern and so I can't say I know what these are, what they look like, where they go, or where to get them.
If my adjustment of the rod gets me where I need to be to her about to full plunge around the playfield then I'll call it good. Right now I just makes it past the top flipper and really can't miss a skill shot plunge....unless I don't pull it all the way back.

Before removing the stock shooter, I place blue painters tape along the top and one side of the stock shooter housing to mark the alignment of the original. That allows you to place the new housing in the same alignment as the original.

#14362 11 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Now ya tell me. Lol. Thanks. Any tips on what to do when it's too late and you didn't mark it ?
I'm in the loosen screws , adjust, and test and repeat loop until I manage to get it right. Which is probably the answer. No biggie, we'll see how many times it takes me.

It's a good trick, but joke is on me.... Is it so hard for Stern to add that trick/suggestion in the install instructions.

To be fair, the tape trick only works when the shooter is aligned properly at the factory.

Loosen very loose the 2 red screws. Slightly loosen the 3 Phillips head screws so it’s still holds tight but you can move the housing. Lower the playfield into position and line the tip of the shooter to be centered on the ball. Make sure the housing stays square to the decal cutout (this is purely cosmetic). Carefully lift the PF witout bumping the shooter. Tighten the screws, Phillips first then the red screws.

#14379 11 months ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Well, UPS tried their best to smash mine....
But it made it and it's pretty cool!

Wow, that was a valiant effort by UPS. I’m surprised it survived that abuse!

#14388 11 months ago

Did anyone see a description of how the lights work on the topper and when exactly the dial comes into play? Several games in (one of them an 864m score) and the dial has never activated and we couldn’t figure out the “rules” for the album lights. The album lights on the topper even stopped working at one point in the middle of a game.

We can’t figure out how to activate it nor how the album lights work…

#14401 11 months ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Back to my dark topper… here’s a 10 second video in attract mode in a dark room. Can anyone else who has one confirm if theirs is equally dark? I pinged Borg and he seems to think there may be some GI lights not working.

There are no lights to light up the front of mine either.

Mine does not look as dark in person as that video looks. We even tried it will all the lights off and just the ambient light of the game (mine does have expression lighting) lights it up nicely. With other games and the ambient light of my room, it looks great to me. Lights on the front might wash out the light up inserts (albums and dial awards).

#14418 11 months ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

Just wear a headlamp while playing and looking at it

Lol! So true.

I’m waiting for someone to launch the ceramic bearing set for the topper to reduce motor drag and provide 0.92% faster gear acceleration.

#14422 11 months ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

did the topper also have a stepper motor and a node 10 board ?

It’s not a stepper. It’s a 24v standard motor.

#14423 11 months ago

Theguyoverthere can you please tell us how the topper works.

What do the album inserts mean?

How do you activate the topper mystery?

How do you activate topper frenzy?

I have 10s of games on my machine with the topper and the it hasn't done anything but spin and light up. Probably 40 shots to mystery and not a single topper event.

Please tell us it hasn’t been coded yet because the way it is now is not fun.

#14425 11 months ago
Quoted from Theguyoverthere:

Albums flash when you complete 1-2-3 combos and turn solid when you collect them at the time machine.
Any mystery award that isn’t giving out a context sensitive award (activate instruments, extend instrument timer, add a ball) should have a chance of being a topper mystery instead. If you have competition mode on topper mystery won’t be an option.
Otherwise if you still aren’t seeing topper mystery I’d recommend sending a bug report to the bug report email in the READMEs

Thanks!

How do you start topper frenzy?

How do you know which album is tied to the combo you complete?

#14428 11 months ago

Theguyoverthere

So my friend just had a 6.0b game on my Rush LE with the topper.

Passed Cygnus 1

Passed Cygnus 2

Passed 2112.

Finished 9/10 albums.

The topper never did a thing through his entire 6b point game or any other game we played over the last few days.

Please tell me you aren’t finished coding it yet…

#14446 11 months ago

The topper is coded into the game in the exact ways I listed to you, if you aren’t seeing albums light up or the occasional topper mystery award then your topper is not being recognized by the game.

Sorry, I should have been more clear - The only thing the topper did during the 6B game was light the albums as he completed combos and turn the gears when the time machine was ready. We have never seen the topper mystery award kicked off nor figured out how to start topper frenzy.

Is there any way you can make the topper award more frequent? Or maybe a setting to allow us to make it more frequent?

Can you tell us the rules to start topper frenzy?

#14450 11 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

It flashes.
This might help...[quoted image]

thanks! I’m gonna have to print that and post it near the game! I’ll never remember all that!

#14453 11 months ago

Check that the game is not on competition mode.
Topper frenzy is just one of the possible topper mystery awards

Thanks! I will check that setting.

So topper frenzy isn’t something you can qualify and start, it is only one of the mystery awards?

2 weeks later
#14898 10 months ago

Circling back on my topper frustration. Just as Theguyoverthere suggested, my game was set to competition mode (for some reason). In this mode, the topper will never activate or award a topper based mystery awards.

The key that is very helpful (and nice touch in the code) is when the game being played is in competition mode, the topper award inserts (extra ball, millions, etc) are dark! Once you disable comp mode, these inserts light during the game indicating they are in play!

I second what Vespula said, lots of opportunities for the topper to be doing something when it’s just dark and not moving. I would love to see a random attraction mode movement like R2D2 does and SW.

#14999 10 months ago
Quoted from Animal:

Does anyone have any idea why my Rush is launching all balls to the shooter lane from the trough? Just started happening yesterday...

Watch the balls in the trough exit. If the game tries to launch a ball into the shooter lane and it doesn’t make it, the ball will stack on top of the next in line. The game will try and clear that by trying to eject the ball again. Watch to see if this is what is happening.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 275.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 35.00
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

6,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersburg, IN
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 8.00
Apparel - Unisex
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Schwaggs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1?tu=Schwaggs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.