20240410_181338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_184826850.MP.jpg
IMG_5558 (resized).jpeg
PNG image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6461 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #91 Rush song list Posted by Bill2112Rush (2 years ago)

Post #1378 RULES. Link to RUSH Rulesheet Posted by Av8 (2 years ago)

Post #1389 TECH: SWITCHES. Lockdown bar action button not working - fix Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1818 MOD: SOUND. Amp DIY upgrade for RUSH Posted by TinyBlackDog (2 years ago)

Post #2123 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter lane adjustment to stop rattling ball launch Posted by Coyohtay (2 years ago)

Post #3107 TECH: SOUND. Headphone Jack no-boot when installed workaround Posted by AUKraut (2 years ago)

Post #3632 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Scoop losing track of balls. Posted by Schwaggs (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinplayer1967.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#79 2 years ago

Absolutely, how is Xanadu NOT on this game???

2 weeks later
#414 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Just a warning to not remove your protectors. My playfield chipped and Stern is saying I need to bend back the damaged protector because removing it voids the warranty. Unfortunately I can't drive to do constant service calls when the protector blocks the scoop. Hoping mylar prevents it from getting worse.
[quoted image]

This sucks! It’s a shame they didn’t catch this prior. How did they not catch this?

#422 2 years ago

My Pro is being delivered next week, I asked my distributor about the protector and about getting a new replacement, he’s ordered new units and is going to send me a new one when available. Recommended to bend the tabs back if the ball gets hung up, I guess I could get lucky and my machine is fine but wouldn’t mind a replacement just incase.

#443 2 years ago

Mine arrived this morning. It’s worth the wait! So many great shots and it’s really a great game! Going to be a classic for sure.

60361E27-AEFC-4660-ADAB-AFCF1578667E (resized).jpeg60361E27-AEFC-4660-ADAB-AFCF1578667E (resized).jpegC14AC141-C761-494A-9468-0B7CE07B68F9 (resized).jpegC14AC141-C761-494A-9468-0B7CE07B68F9 (resized).jpegE54349D2-F29A-40B8-B812-5597CFB6C7AE (resized).jpegE54349D2-F29A-40B8-B812-5597CFB6C7AE (resized).jpeg
#447 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Hey congrats. Glad you like!
More I play mine the more I love it. It will never leave my basement.

Definitely a keeper!

#468 2 years ago

That scoop takes some brutal blows being so close, I wish it wasn’t right there, some of the hits are cringeworthy metal on metal sounds. Probably just going to change out the balls more often. My protector is trashed after about 75 games. I still don’t understand how this flaw left the factory? How did Stern NOT have a game tester throw a couple hundred games on it before giving the final ok?

#486 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

You are right, my first shot was a direct hit on the scoop an bam, there it is.
Talking to the distro about it he feels the same way. These machines aren't doing anything new, basic stuff like this should be tested out and be down pat.
Still love the game though!

The scoop on Rush is about 1’ closer than my Kiss, I played some games tonight and the blows are about the same. Hopefully these new protectors are shipped prompt.

27B633E9-7B03-4CBD-9E20-5E360B8BC2B1 (resized).jpeg27B633E9-7B03-4CBD-9E20-5E360B8BC2B1 (resized).jpeg
#493 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:You think Rush is bigger than Star Wars, Ghostbusters or Stranger things?

To many of us, yes! Nobody really cares what gets played the most at the laundry mat.

#548 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:Because it's just me playing 5-8 games a night, I'm just bending it back each day. For an operator it's tuff if it's getting dozens of plays a day.
Definitely hoping this is a permanent fix.

Same. I feel for operators who invested in this game only to have to waist time fixing the issue daily. Stern better step up to the plate and fix this for everyone who has these issues. I’ve left my protector on at the recommendation of my distro who said Stern won’t warranty if it’s removed. I now have like a razor like cut into the wood, the new protector better overlap this damage.

C4B4831A-0FF9-4CC6-AAA6-7E0128618B81 (resized).jpegC4B4831A-0FF9-4CC6-AAA6-7E0128618B81 (resized).jpeg
#779 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

This is my goodie bag. Anyone else get shafted?! Lol!
[quoted image]

Stern has gone on the cheap lately. I can see them in future eliminating the game manual and posting it online.

#780 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

A fix would be nice, but didn't people have problems with the metal taking the clear and some paint off when it was removed? That would make me nervous.

Mine is cut underneath the sharp edges. I hope the new fix overlaps that damage so it doesn’t continue to chip away.

#789 2 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

The game is a big disappointment to me. The whole scoop thing pisses me off. Game needs better code. I have no clue what is going on! Game has no new mechs!! I am a big RUSH fan. Grew who with them and have been to many shows. Questioning my purchase. They could have done better!

Aside from the scoop, this game is awesome! My distro said help is on the way for the scoop so I’m just going to use the Gorilla tape on the flaps for now and it’s been holding fine.

#1402 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

I know this is the club thread and know most here (similar to myself) are probably big Rush fans, but I just got my LE and played it several times last night and feel a bit like I am missing something that everyone else is seeing.
Did you all immediately like the game? Because (so far anyway) I am not feeling any love for this game. Feels like the 2 scoops are like a black hole in the center of the playfield sucking everything into it… and the ruleset feels (again, so far) confusing and chaotic. Hoping with more plays something will click for me.

It’s the scoop! It’s clunky and takes some brutal blows that give off cringeworthy metal on metal sounds. I personally love this game but the scoop in that location was dumb and would have been better left off.

#1535 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Kind of surprised by the hate for the Rush Pro by some pinsiders this week. I'm far from a pinball expert but the game plays very well and I find it more fun than other pros I play regularly like Aerosmith, Guardians, Metalica, Stranger Things and Star Wars.
I'm wondering of the scoop issues are contributing to this? Probably early code also.
[quoted image]

Pinball reviews are pretentious AF and I sometimes read them for laughs. I think it’s a great game with tight shots, it’s not an easy game and for some it will be frustrating. Playing Rush a few times on location isn’t going to give someone the full experience and sound this machine offers.

#1737 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Funny how many people collect music pins. Seem to see a lot of the same games in collector’s line-ups. I am guilty with 9 of my 11 pins music based.

Black Knight is my only non band theme machine but it still rocks! Have a Godzilla on the way sometime this summer.

02A27FFA-F5A0-4C35-89AA-958B3B25E65C (resized).jpeg02A27FFA-F5A0-4C35-89AA-958B3B25E65C (resized).jpeg
#1742 2 years ago
Quoted from LargemouthAss:

Yeah I definitely love music pins but I have a Godzilla Premium on order as well. If a Black Sabbath machine is made I will HAVE to buy it.

I’m also waiting for Black Sabbath! But I realistically believe Stern will release a Ozzy pin instead. Anyhow just dreaming

6E6738C2-AF79-4C5A-A3C2-B3087579FB08 (resized).jpeg6E6738C2-AF79-4C5A-A3C2-B3087579FB08 (resized).jpeg
#2037 2 years ago
Quoted from Robhorror:I don't know if someone can help me, it is normal i cant choose the 2 songs Cygnus, it is a bug of the code???

It’s a couple songs that can only be achieved through gameplay. It’s a nice bonus to hear Cygnus at the end of game once in a while. Definitely my favorite!

#2232 2 years ago
Quoted from jid:

So hopefully enough of the machines are out to ask the question: what are the must-have mods?
So far I’ve added a sub, replaced the stock (on the pro) 4” speakers, added mirror blades, and installed PDI Glass. I also have some flasher covers that are pretty cool. And I have that replacement switch from M&M coming.
I know this isn’t GZ or TZ but are there any must-have mods?

Don’t forget the shaker motor and real knocker kit. If you want the expression lighting kit, get one on order from your distro as well as topper.

1 week later
#3128 2 years ago

Ordered the Ninja protector. Getting tired of waiting on Stern and removing the glass every few games to free the stuck ball. Stern crapped the bed on this deal and offered a ugly fix with the blue horse blinders

#3543 2 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Save me the search please. Is the scoop fix from stern the one or his the ninja mod protector the one?
My LE has the extra metal on it already.
Thanks!

I ordered the Ninja protector. The Stern unit is ugly AF and they have not let owners know when it will be shipped. The whole scoop issue has been a disaster for this game and would have been better left off. The balls on my game with 275 plays are all scratched to hell and have to replace them as well.

2 weeks later
#4653 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

I agree. Golden age of pinball IMO. Newer Sterns were not my first purchase but they were largely responsible for bringing me back to the hobby.
Rush is my first NIB and Godzilla with some luck will be #2.

Your not going to regret Godzilla!

#4706 2 years ago

Just installed my Ninja protector tonight. Impressive product!

6380E13B-F089-4CD5-B484-EA2019176973 (resized).jpeg6380E13B-F089-4CD5-B484-EA2019176973 (resized).jpeg
#4873 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I had never heard Countdown. Wow.

Countdown should have been on this game along with Xanadu.

#5162 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

That seems like a lot of time to install the mod. Were your posts really difficult to unscrew with tools on both sides?

That’s a 15 minute job tops.

#5214 2 years ago
Quoted from ian866:

Has anyone got over 100 games on the Ninja protector? Perhaps show some pics of the scoop edge and how it's holding up, be good to reference from.

Mine is holding up great! Also noticed it’s a little quieter.

1 week later
#5639 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I got my Stern protector update kit today…black
nubs instead of blue!
Gonna just do the Ninjacamp one I got when I’ve got the time.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Don’t forget the scoop sleeve from Ninjacamp as well. That’s one of the best things I did to eliminate that god awful metal on metal tuning fork sound. A must have for this game!

#5830 1 year ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

What does everyone have their flipper strength set to? I lowered them a bit and still everything feels so violent, especially into that front scoop

Try the Ninja scoop cover. Quiets the blows and helps keep the balls from getting scratched up.

#5881 1 year ago
Quoted from ian866:

Why would they still attempt to deliver it ? Any reasonable carrier would contact the company and the client and return it back to the manufacturer.
All this does is embarrass both parties and create friction.

This is common now. The most insulting thing is the carrier will still try to deliver a item marked “high value as if the client won’t notice the box all destroyed or something.

#5920 1 year ago
Quoted from Dobler:

Just missed you by a day. I’ll be there in the morning to pick up mine.

Question? Did you guys save a bunch on the purchase to justify the costs in fuel and time?

#5951 1 year ago
Quoted from upsfeedr:

i have family up there in oregon so yes i save no sales tax

Taxation is theft!

#6096 1 year ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Thank you working know but i gotta admit knocker sounds soft want a hard knock like af

I mount all my knockers in the back of the machines carefully spacing the coil and striker plates for maximum punch. Should be loud AF when done right.

#6257 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

YYZ text updated now. Express lighting will be synced to the original song. Now to work on the background videos, etc. Plan to replace and update A farewell to kings, Xanadu, Vital Signs and YYZ.
[quoted image]

Excellent work!

#6261 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Thanks, would love to find some Neil dialogue to add to the game. Any suggestions on interview or film clips? May add a Neil drum solo video to replace one of the songs.

Love to see Countdown as an option with original video. Should have been standard on this game with Xanadu. Just wishing. Anyhow excellent work!

#6453 1 year ago

This game needs more 2112 voice call outs and less quirky stuff from Alex and Geddy. More of the voice! - ‘Shoot the portal ramp to activate the time machine. Hopefully next code update could give us that?

#6692 1 year ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I tend to like the pro translite artwork on my premium.
[quoted image]

It’s the best artwork hands down! The owl is mesmerizing.

1 week later
#7006 1 year ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

this game is absolutely the best borg design ever. i am so stoked. man, the music is outrageously great; a perfect fit for pinball. the speed is brutal, but the layout and drains are very well designed to be a "fair" type of machine. it isn't a drain monster at all. I'm in love with this game.
my only gripes are the voice work and the art. the voices are not really compelling; it really feels like bad acting in alot of callouts. the art is reminiscient of older stern art. this machine deserves better art for sure. Borg's Tron and Metallica come to mind; the art on those games is far superior.
regardless, I still think this is the best game Stern has released since IMDN. Pure adrenaline coupled with a remarkable layout and ramps!!!

The quirky calls outs are way overdone. This game needs more 2112 “The Voice” call outs. This needs to be an option!

1 month later
#8337 1 year ago

I also own GNR and Rush and Rush is hands down a better game. It’s a shame Stern didn’t get the license for GNR, they could have simplified it with the original band, original videos and sold a crapload of machines, but for now enjoying my Rush!

3 months later
#10430 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I'm not sure, but this is maybe a very blurry photo of the official topper?
[quoted image][quoted image]

It’s not bad at all. Imagine if the time machine had a mechanical reel that spun to match album year of song playing. Most of us would be paying 2k all day long for that topper!

3 weeks later
#10741 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

If my game has been on for a while, it will make a random, very loud screech. Happens also on GZ. Anyone else had this and is it just a code bug?

Easy fix with a real knocker kit.

4 months later
#13237 1 year ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

I've never ordered accessories before - what's the usual experience? I see Flip n Out is taking orders and deposits through their website. I emailed Troy at Tilt and asked to order accessories since he and I have had a few good in-person chats and I've bought used games from him recently - he acknowledged my email, but didn't seem to want a deposit. At least - he didn't ask me for anything yet!
I guess it's like ordering a machine? Some dsitros take deposits, some don't - everyone has their own process?
Does Stern usually make a point to limit production? Or do they TYPICALLY make as many of each accessory as can be ordered? The shooter knob and armor I'm not worried about, since you can still find plenty of those for other games it's clear that Stern makes a ton. Topper - if I can get it - cool, if I can't - I'll survive. I know "typical" practices are completely out the window over the last couple years, but that's all the info we have to go on.
The EL though - I was previously (in January) told it would be super limited, but based on FnO appearing to leave their order form open indefinitely and taking a nonrefundable deposit, I'm wondering if maybe production increased. It definitely doesn't seem like Zach's style to take non-refundable deposit on something unless he knows for certain that he'll receive it to sell.
So - I'm a little confused about the ultimate/intended availability of EL. Is it going to be limited or not? Who knows!

Most likely limited. I learned my lesson years ago and dithered on the $399 Iron Maiden topper and missed out, now I just tell my distro when buying a game to reserve a future topper.

#13272 1 year ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

I actually love the sound of the “tang” as you call it. Feels great when you nail that bottom scoop for an Add-a-ball during MB, kinetic satisfaction as they call it. Gonna keep using the original scoop for as long as I can.

Every time you hear that “Tang”= ball scratches and play field damage. I wish Stern would lose these scoops so close to the flippers. The scoop cover really works good though

1 week later
#13607 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

That’s why I bought my LZ topper from Nitro, it wasn’t marked up. They sell at Stern advertised price.

My topper and light kit is coming from Nitro. The best!

1 month later
#14384 11 months ago
Quoted from kool1:Not a peep from Nitro

Just talked to Tommy, he said they are coming in soon!

#14385 11 months ago

<blockquote

Quoted from parsonsaj:

Got my topper installed yesterday. It looks good in the light but in a dark room it’s very much on the dark side, especially when contrasted to the Iron Maiden topper next to it. [quoted image]

I’m still kicking myself for dithering on the $399 Iron Maiden topper years ago! Looks great!

#14440 11 months ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Agreed. I have now lowered my expectations on this topper down another notch. Hopefully a code update can get this where it needs to be.

Seriously needs a code update! $1700 is a lot of money for something that’s clunky

#14441 11 months ago

I’ve already purchased the topper but I kind of wish Stern could have done something similar with a color changing led like they did with the KISS topper. I think I paid $399 for that one. It would be nice if Stern gave us more topper options but they can’t even get these out the door in a timely manner.

CBF56DC3-787C-448B-82CD-250097436E16 (resized).jpegCBF56DC3-787C-448B-82CD-250097436E16 (resized).jpeg
#14617 11 months ago
Quoted from Fuzzdaddy:

Just got a topper shipping notification from Nitro...

Tommy’s bringing mine to the NW pinball show next week. Stern was late getting him stuff

#14629 11 months ago
Quoted from John_I:OK speaking of toppers, I went through a bunch of different design changes and have landed on a really nice lighting kit that is simple to install, remote control colors, dimming, effects - and looks great! I've already shipped one out to a pinsider to test and have parts on hand to build about 25 this weekend and more to come. These contain no 3D printed parts. I hope to have them on the Space Coast Pinball Pinside shop by the end of the weekend if not sooner. Anyone who previously PM'd me will get theirs first.
I assemble these myself, so along with the parts and materials these take time and effort soldering, crimping, cutting and various other steps for each one. Also, the shipping box is 24 inches long, so I can't use First Class mail to keep the cost down to the SCP normal $5 for shipping. These will arrive faster by Priority Mail but the cost looks to be around $11 and I will check Fedex and UPS. So after a lot of consideration, I'm going to set the price these kits at $40 plus $10 shipping. Obviously overseas will be more for shipping.
Anyway here is a teaser video. The product will come with a link to a detail installation video. Edit: the camera on my phone is so good it actually make the topper look half decent even when the light kit is off. The difference to the naked eye is even more than appears in this video!

Nice work! I don’t even have my topper yet and this looks like a must have!

#14643 11 months ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Mines arriving next week, so perfect timing for John’s Rush topper light mod. Haven’t played my RUSH since I placed my order for the topper to build excitement and keep things fresh, so it’s been a while. Looking forward to next week!

I haven’t played Rush for a couple months, the topper and expression kit should make the first game exciting! I just ordered Johns light kit for the topper, looks amazing!

#14841 10 months ago

Arrived today from Nitro Pinball and had all the foam in correct spots and no damage to the topper! Waiting on Johns led illumination kit to install it. Looks and feels impressive so far!

AF91ABC0-AEFA-4211-AF93-D8D596962377 (resized).jpegAF91ABC0-AEFA-4211-AF93-D8D596962377 (resized).jpeg
#14926 10 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

Nitro asked for $199 which was fair.
I would definitely secure one soon if you want one. I don't think they will make a ton of them.
I'm sure some scalpers already have them stashed away.

Did you get your expression lights yet from Nitro?

#14927 10 months ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Sure Seems like it - I paid in full months ago and still haven’t received it. Fucking ridiculous. I’ve been told “next week” for the past 3 weeks. Again, I’m never preordering and paying in full ever again. It’s a Useless tactic.

Order from Nitro in future, they don’t do that stuff.

2 months later
#16350 7 months ago
Quoted from the_carmanizer:

Has anyone else had their Ninjacamp scoop protector break like this? It looked and worked great ... until it broke. I don't want to purchase another if it's likely or certain to happen again. Just wondering if I got a lemon. Lasted for probably a year on a home game.
[quoted image]

Mine is broke also. I just haven’t had time to contact him and see about getting a replacement. It’s still working

1 week later
#16432 7 months ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

Has anyone installed this Rush pro cross-over ramp upgrade yet?
https://nitropinball.com/collections/stern-shop/products/rush-ramp-in-stock
I am looking for feedback before buying one in the future.

I recently installed mine, Definitely a lot more fun!

1 month later
#16820 6 months ago

GoonieKid76 love the art package on my pro!

62149F13-70E0-498A-B021-DAC2FE59F980 (resized).jpeg62149F13-70E0-498A-B021-DAC2FE59F980 (resized).jpeg
#16882 6 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I have to agree. These two things degrade the experience of previously perfect game. I do hope Tim and Ray Theguyoverthere can put something in the menu to disable the "hurry up and play" callouts if they really want them. But better yet, please just kill them. Very annoying.
Everything rush has been about the details...the band, the music, and the pinball machine.... Until now. They're not funny and they don't fit the personality of the band and they don't fit the game. None of the band call outs nor any part of the game was annoying previously, now it is. Please remove them.

And fix the premium specific game call outs on the pro that are not welcome and stick out of place like a sore thumb. Another honest mistake introduced into a otherwise perfect game I'm sure.
If it's easier just to get rid of those few premium/le specific call out from the game completely in the next code update just do that. Please. They're not worth keeping. They are just not good enough to belong and have tainted this game. They are a blight of humanity.

Code needs more 2112 ‘The Voice call outs and less stupid cheesy call outs. They went too far with it.

2 months later
#17576 3 months ago
Quoted from Morehops4:

I saw another seller of the ramp for the Pro. I have had it in my saved links but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Anyone have any experience with this one?
https://nitropinball.com/collections/stern-shop/products/rush-ramp-in-stock

You will not be disappointed in this mod! Easy install.

1 week later
#17612 83 days ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Tell me that "belt" isn't just a playfield rubber. That would be hard to believe.

That would be par for the course with Stern. This topper is nothing more than a expensive light box with moving gears that don’t do much. Stern could have done so much better!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 42.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 229.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 210.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Led
Lermods

6,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersburg, IN
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 194.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinplayer1967.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1?tu=Pinplayer1967 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.