IMG_6410 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2562 (resized).jpg
IMG_2578 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2574 (resized).jpeg
20240322_163542 (resized).jpg
20240322_163631 (resized).jpg
20240319_194137 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #91 Rush song list Posted by Bill2112Rush (2 years ago)

Post #1378 RULES. Link to RUSH Rulesheet Posted by Av8 (2 years ago)

Post #1389 TECH: SWITCHES. Lockdown bar action button not working - fix Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1818 MOD: SOUND. Amp DIY upgrade for RUSH Posted by TinyBlackDog (2 years ago)

Post #2123 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter lane adjustment to stop rattling ball launch Posted by Coyohtay (2 years ago)

Post #3107 TECH: SOUND. Headphone Jack no-boot when installed workaround Posted by AUKraut (2 years ago)

Post #3632 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Scoop losing track of balls. Posted by Schwaggs (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GranpaDave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4444 2 years ago

Just received my Premium Rush. Out of the box- no issues except bubble level, which worked correctly after one twist.

This game is... GREAT.

I have played this two nights in a row for 3 hours at a time with pinball buddies. We had the rule sheet out and there's so much to explore and do. The shots are challenging, fun, and makeable. This is not an easy game in my view, but that's what makes it so wonderful. The code is really top-notch.

On one of my soft shots (?soft plunge), the ball was stuck on a ledge that required a really good shake. Even with my generous tilt bob adjustment, I was given two fair warnings. I was not able to replicate this.

For Rush fans, this is a grail table. For all other pinball players, this is also a fabulous table with the shots and code that are just top-notch. Congrats to Stern on this gem.

PXL_20220402_020644440 (resized).jpgPXL_20220402_020644440 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#5435 1 year ago

Thought I would share my scoop experience. After 239 lifetime plays (769 total balls), my metal scoops with the fork piece were beat and warped. I replaced them with the black Ninjacamp mod- took me 1 1/2 hours. The instructions were excellent although it took me a while to figure out about fitting the new scoop between the metal and wood (actually it is the backside side strut of the side scoop). The game parts needing removal have a number of small washers and spacers that love to go playfield diving.

The pictures of the metal scoops are showing them on their sides to give an idea of the warping.

The side scoop was sending the ball to the upper flipper which bounces the ball right back to the scoop- I did increase the side scoop coil power up to 190. (max is 200 - factory is 175). This does seem to help. This problem occured with both scoop protectors.

Hope you all are enjoying this great game.

Cheers!

PXL_20220421_193309138 (resized).jpgPXL_20220421_193309138 (resized).jpgPXL_20220421_193305572.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20220421_193305572.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20220421_184628135 (resized).jpgPXL_20220421_184628135 (resized).jpgPXL_20220421_200045827 (resized).jpgPXL_20220421_200045827 (resized).jpgPXL_20220421_200034642.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20220421_200034642.MP (resized).jpg
2 months later
#7615 1 year ago
Quoted from Photopin:

This game is so insane. Last night I had 7 million going into my third ball. Finished with over 900 million. Also, I'd never managed to complete La Villa Strangiato before. Not only did I complete it but did it on the first attempt.

“It only takes one ball…” Congrats! That is what makes Rush so fun and frustrating as well. Cheers!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#7681 1 year ago
Quoted from Wicked-Flip:

I have my pitch as recommended. Interesting that you can backhand that spinner. I definitely can not. I can hit the time machine from the right flipper trapped but not from a rolling shot. Conversely the TM can't be hit trapped from my left flipper but a rolli
ng ball nails it. I'm trapping on the right flipper for TM shots and using rolling shots for everything else because trapping doesn't seem to allow enough roll to get an angle on just about every other shot.
To hit my spinner I have to have the ball rolling at a good speed down the left flipper and a perfect flip. Its tough. And because the roll speed is a little variable so is the flip timing. I can't hit it from the left flipper trapped at all. The ball needs a bit of roll speed combined with the flip to get the required angle. I get rejects on my spinner a LOT too. Where it hits the spinner but doesn't go through and rolls back. (Scary bc that almost always requires a good nudge to save)
Juggling on my game is excitingly hard as well. I can bounce it both ways off the slingshot post but it doesn't give control. (None right to left. A little left to right) It just bounces it over and I get ONE touch to flip it or it will bounce back and drain. It bounces too hard to trap after a juggle.
Consistant shots on my game are the inner orbit (that I still manage to airball over the switch a good % of times even with ninjas stuff). The time machine. The dead end & the right orbit. All the targets are pretty easy to snipe, too. Even the stand up behind the drop is an easy target on my game.
Everything else is what I'd call extremely difficult shots. Both ramps are super tough and the hardest shot on my game is that damn left orbit. Not hittable trapped. Not hittable with a fast rolling ball. I have to post pass from the left and get the ball to roll to about the bottom of the right lane. Then it rolls back with just the right speed to get an angle on the orbit entry. It's tight. That scoop protector is in the way just enough to screw ya and if you get by the pops still tend to prevent an orbit. I have ninjas scoop protector too but haven't put it on yet because I haven't seen the problems the first runs had. Maybe I'll make some time and put that on and see if it opens up the left orbit.
What modes are you finding to have the most value? Spirit and big money are the 2 that seem to get me my best scores. Spirit has some great call outs too.

Thanks for posting. If my game played like yours, it would be out of the house. I can trap and make all shots- backhand.spinner is tight but key. My upper flipper shots all seem to register and I have plenty of flipper power...unless I play a lot of games. I replaced the scoop protectors with black Ninjas- one has a little bubble/lift- but no game play issue. My TM ramp is definitely taking a beating. In the past when I have flipper power and angle issues I start tinkering with the flipper position adjustments- lining up with the dots is a place to start, but often not the final position. If I could not backhand the spinner or trap and hit all bottom flipper shots I would be lucky to break 10 mil.

Good luck with all of the adjustments - this game is super fun and great to shoot when dialed in. Each table is obviously unique. I spent several weeks tweaking my prem AIQ- drive me BS bonkers. It finally shoots well...unlike me.

Cheers!

#7690 1 year ago
Quoted from Wicked-Flip:

You might think so and re re-reading my post it does seem like im super negative about the machine. I'm really not. This game is challenging me. It's the hardest game I've ever had. It's fast. Hard to get control. Hard to get the ball on the flipper I want (it's a pro so no VUK. Dead end returns the ball in a chaotic random way). It drains like there are magnets in the outlines. The left ramp rejects 9 of ten shots. Ect.
In an hour of play I'll have a bunch of games between 3 and 20 million then one great run between 100 and 300m. If I complete one mode it's a big deal. Haha. Full disclosure, I never death save. My games are on carpet and they don't slide at all.
I can get through Elviras house. Addams Mansion. This is the way on Mando. I used to crush my fish tales before I got rid of it. This Rush, though. It's kicking me in the balls. I'm making up new swear words every game but I keep pressing start and going again and again. Lol. Masochist!
I spent an hour trying to backhand that spinner yesterday. I managed to hit the right post at the bottom of the TM ramp a bunch but I couldn't hit the spinner lane. I checked the level and it's spot on. I dunno. The soul of my game is evil

Hey there wicked flip. Don't deny it, but you are a good pinball player. I have all of those games that you have mentioned and am very familiar with how difficult they can be, particularly Fishtails. So, it's probably a good thing that your Rush is as hard as it is as it will challenge you. I still need to move my Rush premium posts in the outlines to get them out of the factory baby gate setting. I just put on some Cliffy's for the shooter Lane and drop targets this morning and played a quick round of 300 million. I also have plenty of games on this that are 30 million or less, but I chalked those up to warming up or the pinball gods. Enjoy the game. It is so awesome!

4 weeks later
#8467 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I’d call that ribbing, not planking. That’s fairly normal now unfortunately.

Yes, I have the same issues on my game as well as Godzilla le. Someone else had posted that this problem looks like a vinyl record. Does not interfere with gameplay, but not the nice clear coat that I would want. My Legends of Valhalla from American pinball has a beautiful playfield with beautiful clear coat...

Had an epic game on Rush yesterday right before dinner. Of course, dinner was delayed-but having a great pinball game can make for a very happy week. It is really amazing how good this game is with the shots and code. Looks like I have been very fortunate to have a game that works well, registers shots, and has a spinner that I can backhand (is a tight shot though). Not saying this to brag about my lowly maintenance skills, but to reiterate how wonderful this game is when working as designed.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
2 months later
#9848 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Must watch from last week
Rush set at Taylor Hawkins tribute

Nice recording! Fill in drummers were excellent. Geddy and Alex still have it.

3 months later
#11896 1 year ago
Quoted from tipontop:I have ordered a Bond pro and will receive the machine in about 2 weeks. I love Bond as a theme, but videos I've seen of the gameplay make me very unsure. Should I stick with the order, or should I change the order to a Rush pro (which is possible to do)? I've played Rush and like the game, even though the music isn't quite my taste. Any thoughts / advice?

I have the bond LE as well as a Rush Premium. If I had to make a choice between these two games, there is no contest. Rush. The code is fleshed out And the game is so much fun. Shoots extremely well.

Bond code is so severely lacking right now. The game shoots great and is wonderful to practice shots on, but these games will be around for a while.

Good luck with your choice!

2 months later
#13635 1 year ago

Need some help.

Last week I updated the new code and I keep getting a message for validation failure, update SD card.

So I re-flashed the SD card…zzz… takes forever... Get the same message. Re-flashed another SD card……Same message. Put the new code on a thumb drive and ran that. Same thing.

Game runs fine. SIC hardware is on, but SIC does not work. Internet is fine.

So basically SIC is out- runs fine on all of my other machines. I have not tried installing the older code (IC was working fine on that)

I have Scorbit on this machine, but it is unplugged. What the hell. Any ideas?

61708ED5-39D6-4DD3-B42D-8CEEB9D9FC1F (resized).jpeg61708ED5-39D6-4DD3-B42D-8CEEB9D9FC1F (resized).jpeg
#13645 1 year ago
Quoted from Theguyoverthere:

Leave the game powered on overnight and it should fix itself by morning, is the advice I’ve been told is the remedy for this type of error message (since you already tried re flashing the code several times)

I was very skeptical, honestly. This worked! Thanks!

4 months later
#16266 8 months ago
Quoted from InteractivePinball:

Thank you all for your feedback on the Rush Ramp. I'm excited to see these in your machines! Here are a couple videos of the Rush Ramp in action.
Order yours today!
https://nitropinball.com/collections/stern-shop/products/rush-ramp-in-stock

I own a Rush premium, mainly because I hated the inconsistent Dead end shot. So I will not be ordering this ramp.

However, this is one of the few really great improvements I’ve seen and for a very reasonable price. Yeah there may be some bad rejects for borderline shots, but I think this mod will be almost standard for the pro. Thanks for developing and marketing. Lotta work with very little financial return.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Apparel - Unisex
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 210.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 275.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blaine, WASHINGTON
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GranpaDave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1?tu=GranpaDave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.