IMG_3100 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240411_225620072.MP (resized).jpg
20240410_181338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_184826850.MP.jpg
IMG_5558 (resized).jpeg
PNG image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #91 Rush song list Posted by Bill2112Rush (2 years ago)

Post #1378 RULES. Link to RUSH Rulesheet Posted by Av8 (2 years ago)

Post #1389 TECH: SWITCHES. Lockdown bar action button not working - fix Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1818 MOD: SOUND. Amp DIY upgrade for RUSH Posted by TinyBlackDog (2 years ago)

Post #2123 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter lane adjustment to stop rattling ball launch Posted by Coyohtay (2 years ago)

Post #3107 TECH: SOUND. Headphone Jack no-boot when installed workaround Posted by AUKraut (2 years ago)

Post #3632 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Scoop losing track of balls. Posted by Schwaggs (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cudaman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1482 2 years ago

I too used goo gone to remove the tape residue from the blackglass and it worked just fine.

So who can tell me the best EQ settings you have found to use on an LE without an external sub?

1 week later
#2458 2 years ago

Wasnt there someone here u stated their instrument bonus was triggered all the time? I notice that when my lowest pop bumper registers, the instrument bonus scores. The instrument bonus is just triggered by optos, right? So how does a pop bumper trigger an opto?

Maybe I am looking at this wrong?

#2505 2 years ago

Guess I have to call Stern support tomorrow. When the lower pop bumper fires, sometimes it registers the opto behind the instrument targets. And sometimes that instrument opto locks on until another solenoid fires. I have taken everything apart and adjusted optos etc and nothing makes a difference. Frustrated for sure!

1 week later
#3295 2 years ago

Stern sent me new optos for both sides of the instrument lock. Installed and problem is fixed.

Quoted from Cudaman:

Guess I have to call Stern support tomorrow. When the lower pop bumper fires, sometimes it registers the opto behind the instrument targets. And sometimes that instrument opto locks on until another solenoid fires. I have taken everything apart, adjusted optos, reflowed solder and nothing makes a difference. Frustrated for sure!

#3335 2 years ago

Yes this is happening on my game to. Did u do anything to fix it?

Quoted from Valorguy:

Is anyone else noticing that the Right most pop bumper gets caught on the back of the scoop, so it hangs on the metal scoop back (Hangs the metal pop bumper ring in a down position) until a forceful push sends it back upward again?
Do I need to worry about anything there - or just let it be?

2 months later
#7110 1 year ago

Found

2 weeks later
#7507 1 year ago

Busy day today.

1. Installed the improved Stern scoop switch kit on my LE and no more issues detecting balls.

2. Skipped the Stern scoop protector and installed the NinjaCamp Grey protector instead. Looks and works great so far. Only issue is every once in awhile the ejected ball from front scoop goes SDTM which sucks in multiball as you don't get those back. Doubt it has anything to do with the protector. Anyone else had this issue when reinstalling the front scoop?

3. Also installed the V2 Inner loop fix from NinjaCamp and the switch registers everytime so far.

4. Put in the new GeFilter Deluxe Vacuum Tube leds from Gameroon Mods as well and they look great!

5. Finally updated to 9.7 and put up my second best score of 2.5M.

1 year later
#16346 7 months ago
Quoted from Bacondaddy:

Thanks for the suggestion! For future reference, I tracked it down last night to the connector between the playfield and cabinet (one of the one's you disconnect to remove the playfield). I was suspicious of this since I had removed the playfield a couple of weeks ago installing the expression lights (which rock!) I did all sorts of continuity tests along the wire path between the leaf switch, through this connector, and up to the node board. At first I thought the connector was OK since it passed the continuity test across it, but apparently the act of pushing my probes in from each side of the connector made it pass when in fact it wasn't working without the pressure from those probes. I replaced the connector last night, and the upper flipper is firing again. I guess those pins were just barely making contact since I had the machine, and finally shifted enough to fail. Glad to be up and playing again!

This is interesting in that my Rush LE upper right flipper quit working at a party last wknd. With playfield up, the coil and flipper worked fine. With playfield lowered, the upper right flipper wouldn't work. I have not had the playfield out, but will reset the connectors that connect the playfield to the cabinet and see if that changes anything.

2 weeks later
#16462 7 months ago

Having a problem with my LE that just started to happen. The opto in the side scoop is not registering. In fact, I'm not even sure it Is getting power as you can't see the red light reflection that you can see from the other optos when the game is on.

So I changed out the optos. Still nothing. I even took the main scoop optos and plugged them into the connectors for the side scoop optos and then the main optos didn't work. It seems the two sets of optos are daisy chained together, so can't figure out how one set can get power but one doesn't?

Anyone have any suggestions or had this happen to them?

#16464 7 months ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Check continuity?

I have checked continuity between the optos and other side of connector which is good. Trouble is I don't know which board the wires connect to as they use the same color wires on so many connectors.

#16475 7 months ago
Quoted from Cudaman:

Having a problem with my LE that just started to happen. The opto in the side scoop is not registering. In fact, I'm not even sure it Is getting power as you can't see the red light reflection that you can see from the other optos when the game is on.
So I changed out the optos. Still nothing. I even took the main scoop optos and plugged them into the connectors for the side scoop optos and then the main optos didn't work. It seems the two sets of optos are daisy chained together, so can't figure out how one set can get power but one doesn't?
Anyone have any suggestions or had this happen to them?

Providing an update to close this out in case this helps anyone else down the line.

While checking continuity between the side scoop opto plugs and CN10 on node board 9, I found that the ground wire (black with blue stripe) had no continuity. All my other switches connected to CN10 worked and showed continuity, so it wasn't a switch matrix issue. Found that one of the ground wires came unsoldered from the right most pop bumper. Since there are two ground wires attached to that ground lug, the pop bumper still fired. Resoldered the ground wire on the pop bumper and now the opto is working again.

Unfortunately since Stern is daisy chaining so many wires on these games, it makes it very difficult to find issues like this.

3 weeks later
#16711 6 months ago

Interesting, but the new 1.13 code does not yet seem to be available over wifi. Just turned my game on to update and it shows 1.12 code, searchs for updates and then says "up to date". Will leave the game on and see if 1.13 downloads automatically like its supposed to do.

#16716 6 months ago
Quoted from CrashJT:

The update is now available on insider connected!!

Yep, it was a little delayed from the time the email came out, but it's downloading now.

2 weeks later
#17075 5 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Wait, you wouldn't buy the hat and the shirt together for 24 bucks?

Where can I get the shirt and hat for $24?

4 weeks later
#17309 4 months ago

I would like to discuss strategy on this game as I understand the rules that came out when the pin was launched are no longer accurate. This had probably been discussed in this thread somewhere, so can anyone either point me to the actual details or discuss here? These are things I am wondering to produce highest score and advancement through the game. I used to get and complete Cygnus X1 quite a bit. Now I have not gotten it for quite some time.

1. Do you always shoot for as many 1, 2, 3 shots before hitting the time machine ramp?
2. When the ramp is up, when should you shoot for it vs. doing other things first?
3. Are you supposed to try to hit all the same album colors before hitting other album colors?
4. When in a song mode like Big Money or Working Man, are you supposed to try to hit all lit shots before ever hitting the time machine or the left ramp for combo jackpot?
5. Do you have to finish all song modes to get to Cygnus X1?
6. When in Far Cry Multiball, are you only supposed to hit certain color flashing shots? Seems each shot flashes only either red, yellow, or blue.

Basically I feel like I am hitting all the right shots, but maybe not in the correct order as I am not progressing in the game or scoring the billion scores like I used to. So need some strategy advice please. Maybe Boen Kern or someone has a video that shows exactly what to do?

Thanks!

2 weeks later
#17427 4 months ago
Quoted from NeonBaller:

Has anyone else experienced the issue of a ball getting stuck on the ramp to the left of the Time Machine (where the ramp plastic ends with a "V" cutout)?
If so, any suggestions for a fix?
Thanks in advance for your time and advice!
[quoted image]

On my game, if I set the ball in that spot, I can get the ball caught on the wire and stay there. I can also get it to catch on the metal of the opto bracket and stay there. But when I set the ball on the edge of the plastic ramp, it will never get stuck and rolls right past both.

Since you already verified your balls arent magnitizes, check 2 things. 1. Push your wire upwards so the ball could rest there if you ser it there. Perhaps that wire helps the ball not get stuck on the metal area as it hits the wire first and jumps up over the metal? 2. Have you put an inclometer on your playfield? I wonder if your pitch is too low and that is why the ball is getting stuck there?

I must say...I find it odd that in the design of the game, they allowed the ball to actually hit that metal part of the opto bracket under the ramp. Seems like a poor design to me.

#17429 4 months ago

Just had a friend and his two freshman in college boys over tonight to play a few games. His one son played Rush for the first time ever. He made it to 2112 on the first ball and was only 3 shots from completing it. He beat book 1 twice and book 2 once and finished with 9.81B. Unbelievable! My game is set to default settings with 3 balls, but the out lanes are on the lowest setting. Still, it was a remarkable feat to behold.

20231221_225731 (resized).jpg20231221_225731 (resized).jpg
#17435 4 months ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

We're gonna need some more back story here. This sounds like an impossibility (though I believe you). It's like me telling you my buddy went to a golf course he's never played on and hit five hole in ones while catching a bear cub that fell out of a tree and then a local cheerleading team emerged from the trees to celebrate.
Details please!

I've never seen Watson play before, but his precision on shots is really outstanding and he is very coachable. He also played my Bond LE and on his second game, put up 2.3B. Even after putting up that huge score on Rush, he says he likes Bond better.

They have pinball machines at his house, so it's not like he has never played pinball. It was just that he had never played Rush. And he is a good player as he has reached Valinor on LOTR twice in one game and has Escaped Nublar in JP. I just can't believe he can pick up games so fast and hit the shots he needs to hit. I think he should enter tournaments and try for rankings.

The funny thing is...he could improve by allowing dead bounce from one flipper to another and other pinball skills. Sky would be the limit if he ever wanted to pursue it.

3 months later
#17856 24 days ago
Quoted from Bos007:

after some requests by PM, here's the link to the .stl file for the 'tweaked' diverter piece
Have fun with it, I do hope it fixes your game !
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6480300
[quoted image]

Did you set your scaler to fill 100% when you made this? Trying to determine what fill setting I should use.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersburg, IN
$ 194.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
WilliPinball Mods

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, GA
$ 8.00
Apparel - Unisex
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 42.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cudaman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1?tu=Cudaman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.