20240410_181338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_184826850.MP.jpg
IMG_5558 (resized).jpeg
PNG image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6461 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,890 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 358.
#4901 2 years ago
Quoted from Jimmypinner:

Groupies.
[quoted image]

No offense, love my Rush, but shouldn’t those be dudes?

#4902 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Haha

#4903 2 years ago

Western Sunset

Would love to have this added (including the video); would be great for an attract mode and possiblly a victory laps mode post 2112.

#4904 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Check out some of the Rush stage props on later tours and you will get it.

#4905 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

If I send you money, will you buy a clue?

kidding

Check out Alex's pedalboard decorations sometime.....then it will make more sense. Or not.

#4906 2 years ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

Any tips on how to put the Mylar down near the vuk? First time putting Mylar down

One piece for both or two pieces? One for each scoop as opposed to a single mylar for both scoops will make a little difference in instructions. I'm assuming you've already traced and cut the mylar or bought one of the 2-scoop single piece precut ones I sell. You want the mylar to come right up to where the bevel starts going into the hole, but NOT put the mylar ON the bevel. Just around it. But, in general, for installation:

1. Remove the stern protectors and clean the area well (the stern protectors can dig into the clear and leave a white powder at the front edge that is bad for adhesion), dry.
2. Place the mylar with the backing still on around the scoops to get an idea of how they're supposed to line up.
3. Peel backing from half the mylar and tear off the backing you pulled away so you can attach the now sticky part to the playfield and still see how the rest (with the backing still on) will line up.
4. With the first part on the playfield now and the part with backing still on the rest of the mylar lining up well, remove the remaining backing while smoothing the mylar onto the playfield in one motion to keep air bubbles out.
5. Use a credit card or something similar held at an angle to rub over the mylar, pressing it to the playfield until it basically is invisible unless there is glare on the playfield allowing you to see the edges.

If you're cutting your own, NOTE that the left orbit has a piece of mylar already that extends past the lower scoop on the left side and is pretty close to it. You want your scoop mylar to come CLOSE to it but NOT OVERLAP the existing orbig mylar.

#4907 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Check out some of the Rush stage props on later tours and you will get it.

Quoted from Kez11:

If I send you money, will you buy a clue?
kidding

Ok guys - I know! I know!
AF2D6483-F59D-41B9-B12F-CE617959080B (resized).jpegAF2D6483-F59D-41B9-B12F-CE617959080B (resized).jpeg

#4908 2 years ago

Dang, you caught it before I removed it...came off as much more snarky than I intended. This place is rampant with that, and I didn't want to add to the noise. My apologies.

But now you get it.

#4909 2 years ago

Exact same thing at death metal shows lol.
My wife knows I'm not picking up any hot chicks, cause they're not there.

#4910 2 years ago
Quoted from DrDQ:

Aniraf ; any idea when the other Ninja mods are going to ready?

2da7f8e1abe287029046b9e89a1c82d2 (resized).png2da7f8e1abe287029046b9e89a1c82d2 (resized).png
#4911 2 years ago

Upper Orbit Switch Adjustment Guide

Is your upper orbit not registering consistently, even after adding a bit of felt to the ball guide? If so you may benefit from adjusting the switch on the orbit to increase its sensitivity.

1. Power off game, take glass off.
2. Press down slowly and gently on the switch in the upper orbit, feeling for when it "clicks". The point where you feel the click is where the game will register the ball going over. Do you have to move the switch arm down quite a bit before it actuates? If so read on. If not, sorry, this guide won't help you. On my game, the switch arm needed to be moved down *considerably* before the switch would click, which means if the ball has any air (or doesn't hit it dead center) it may not register. We're going to adjust the switch so it registers with less downward movement (in other words, we'll make it more sensitive).
3. Raise the playfield to vertical position (don't forget to remove the balls, or stuff a rag in the trough output so the balls don't fly out)
4. Look for the switch in question - it's near the bottom of the playfield when looking at it vertically, a bit left of center.
5. Remove the two red screws holding the switch using a 1/4 inch nut driver.
6. With the switch in your hands, again gently move the arm to actuate the switch, and take note of how much movement it takes for it to actuate (click).
7. Time to bend! See the photo attached. You want to grip the arm at the point shown (two red lines) using pliers and rotate to bend as shown, **gently but firmly**. Do not go overboard here! A tiny amount of bend will change the actuation point dramatically.
8. Try again actuating the switch with your hand. It should click with less movement than before. If the switch doesn't click even pressed all the way in at this point, you bent the arm too much - rotate the opposite of before to un-bend a bit, and try again. I set mine such that it took probably 80%-90% less movement than before to actuate the switch.
9. ** IMPORTANT** - re-install the switch using the two red screws, lower the playfield, and test the switch again from the top side. The switch can make contact with the playfield wood at the end of the arm, so the resting position when installed may be different than when you're testing it free in your hand. Of course, installed is what matters, so don't skip the installed test! Again, take note of how much movement is needed to get it to actuate, and adjust as necessary to have a small amount of movement be sufficient to get the switch to actuate.

My upper orbit is now 100% after this adjustment, woohoo!

Switch bending.jpgSwitch bending.jpg
#4912 2 years ago

Someone had better snag this gem off of eBay to hang beside their Rush game:

ebay.com link: itm

s-l1600 (resized).jpgs-l1600 (resized).jpg
#4914 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Look at the gallery index for this thread to see all the photos

Thanks but yeah doesn't help much. Seeing a shitload of these ninja protectors but would love to see close ups of the latest stern fix to see what's going on there. If anyone can help other would be great thanks.

#4915 2 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Thanks but yeah doesn't help much. Seeing a shitload of these ninja protectors but would love to see close ups of the latest stern fix to see what's going on there. If anyone can help other would be great thanks.

Latest shipping Stern fix is the last Stern fix shown, the idiot sandwich. Nothing newer has been shown, and Stern has said they are only addressing the lower scoop, so you're on your own for the upper scoop. (EDIT: The service kit shown by Stern DOES have a newer upper protector, but it's the same, just with thicker metal)
RUSH Scoop confrontation.gifRUSH Scoop confrontation.gif

#4916 2 years ago
Quoted from DrDQ:

The metal washers that came with the Stern Fix #2 work fine.
Have had the Ninja Protector on for a week and its working great. No movement at all on at the edges/lips, they are very flush. It's almost like they stick (but they don't) to the wood/mylar underneath.
Aniraf ; any idea when the other Ninja mods are going to ready?

Everything is ready, I am just getting the ordering pages together. It should open up tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest .

#4917 2 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

I'm hearing from a friend's uncle's neighbor's dentist who knows a sister of an accountant that works at Stern, that final release v4 is a variant of Blue Marge, code named "Blue Thunder" or "Rockem-Sockem". Still testing but scheduled for cut in possibly during the July 2022 run.

P.S. I know I'm not helping, but could not resist. v3 is the final product - any other information is just unsubstantiated rumor. However, it would not surprise me if Stern "reinvented" the Ninja design as their own. It also wouldn't surprise me, at all, if they are content with the Idiot Sandwich.

Rockem_Sockem (resized).jpgRockem_Sockem (resized).jpg

#4918 2 years ago

Saw this coming out of my local supermarket...

Bidding starts at $200CAD. it's really nice (IMHO) but I have no wall space near my machine to hook it.

rocheframe (resized).jpgrocheframe (resized).jpg
#4919 2 years ago
Quoted from frosken:

Bidding starts at $200CAD. it's really nice (IMHO) but I have no wall space near my machine to hook it.[quoted image]

I've seen these many times before.

I think if you put in for $200 you will get one. I have heard they are not real auctions.

#4920 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Everything is ready, I am just getting the ordering pages together. It should open up tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest

Will Smurf Turd Blue be one of the color options? Asking for a friend.

Just kidding - great product and thank you!

#4921 2 years ago

It was reported in the latest TPN (Ep 96) that there IS a version 4 protector that is being installed on the Pros and Premiums "shipping later this month" AND that it will be sent out in kit form. No indication what that entails, though.

#4922 2 years ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

It was reported in the latest TPN (Ep 96) that there IS a version 4 protector that is being installed on the Pros and Premiums "shipping later this month" AND that it will be sent out in kit form. No indication what that entails, though.

What is TPN? I can hardly wait to see this one.

@Aniraf, you didn't happen to get an order for 3000 Ninjas from a company called Stern by any chance? That would be the ultimate v4.

#4923 2 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

Aniraf, you didn't happen to get an order for 3000 Ninjas from a company called Stern by any chance? That would be the ultimate v4.

The Pinball Network - The Pinball Show Ep 96: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-network-/page/64#post-6876320

#4924 2 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

Aniraf, you didn't happen to get an order for 3000 Ninjas from a company called Stern by any chance? That would be the ultimate v4.

None of us have any of that weird blue color in stock...so...we may have missed out.

#4925 2 years ago

Question for the pro-waxing crowd. Do you wax over or around the lights in the playfield?

#4926 2 years ago
Quoted from frosken:

Bidding starts at $200CAD. it's really nice (IMHO) but I have no wall space near my machine to hook it.[quoted image]

It's available from the official Rush Backstage online store.

https://www.rushbackstage.com/product/6XAMRU121/rush-framed-album-collection-collage-with-gold-45-record?cp=102112_102214_106194

#4927 2 years ago

Thanks for that link. Should be interesting to see what they have come up with this time. Here's to hoping they hit it out of the park this time. At least it's finally an acknowledgement that v3 was not acceptable.

#4928 2 years ago
Quoted from oliviarium:

None of us have any of that weird blue color in stock...so...we may have missed out.

Regardless of what happens, you guys are doing a helluva great job, and a lot of people appreciate your truly revolutionary approach to pinball protection.

#4929 2 years ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

Very frustrating that it has taken Stern this long to come up with a solution. Local place has heavy damage on their pro after removing the OEM and I get a couple of stuck balls every evening play, all ridiculous. They should have at least sent out the protector from the LEs to the pro owners.

Anyways, I want the Stern kit for sure but I decided to an order Ninja Camp protector so I can see what I like better.

#4930 2 years ago

Finished all the modes that are coded. I was surprised given my upper orbit registers 50% of time. Cant wait for more code.

Now just waiting for ninja fix and will let the game rest until then

#4931 2 years ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

That makes sense to me because the blue version has been out a while now but Stern support still talks as if they are working on a solution.

#4932 2 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

v3 is the final product - any other information is just unsubstantiated rumor.

Quoted from sudsy7:

Should be interesting to see what they have come up with this time.

Should be interesting to see how you handle being wrong.

#4933 2 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

That makes sense to me because the blue version has been out a while now but Stern support still talks as if they are working on a solution.

Yes - checked Thursday and that was still the official statement

#4934 2 years ago

Loving my LE and I’m about 180 games in. A weird thing has started to happen, and I’m hoping for suggestions. All of a sudden my shot through the pops with the right flipper held up is no longer automatically entering the side scoop. It seems to be hitting the post above. This shot was 100% until a week ago. I increased pitch and played with level, but still no luck. One of my favorite shots in the game, so really hoping someone has an idea to dial it back in! I did install the ninja scoop protector, but can’t see how that would change the trajectory of the ball bounce off the upper flipper. Any ideas are much appreciated!

#4935 2 years ago
Quoted from Swatzero2:

All of a sudden my shot through the pops with the right flipper held up is no longer automatically entering the side scoop.

You could reduce the power to the right flipper gradually, until it works again. My solution is to drop the upper flipper just as the ball hits it, to steal a little momentum from it.

#4936 2 years ago
Quoted from Swatzero2:

Loving my LE and I’m about 180 games in. A weird thing has started to happen, and I’m hoping for suggestions. All of a sudden my shot through the pops with the right flipper held up is no longer automatically entering the side scoop. It seems to be hitting the post above. This shot was 100% until a week ago. I increased pitch and played with level, but still no luck. One of my favorite shots in the game, so really hoping someone has an idea to dial it back in! I did install the ninja scoop protector, but can’t see how that would change the trajectory of the ball bounce off the upper flipper. Any ideas are much appreciated!

Try wax. 180 games is a good enough excuse. P21, FTW.

#4937 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Should be interesting to see how you handle being wrong.

Funny, you thought the Idiot Sandwich was a great solution all this time, but I'm wrong? Let's see what they come up with - they might have just changed the color of the erasers from blue to pink - nobody knows yet.

#4938 2 years ago

Damn stubborn post.
Wonder if anyone may want these Stern protectors now.

167577CB-2646-42F9-9663-D56E4BEC2BFF (resized).jpeg167577CB-2646-42F9-9663-D56E4BEC2BFF (resized).jpeg
#4939 2 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

Funny, you thought the Idiot Sandwich was a great solution all this time, but I'm wrong? Let's see what they come up with - they might have just changed the color of the erasers from blue to pink - nobody knows yet.

You’re brain’s broke, son. I never said it was the “greatest solution”, only that I don’t mind it.
And no surprise, you won’t own up to your statement that V3 was Stern’s “final” solution.

#4940 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Damn stubborn post.
[quoted image]

Ya, send em my way, I'll weld em up for ya

#4941 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Damn stubborn post.
[quoted image]

That post was a pain in the ass.
A really deep 3/8” deep socket will do it.

#4942 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

You’re brain’s broke, son. I never said it was the “greatest solution”, only that I don’t mind it.
And no surprise, you won’t own up to your statement that V3 was Stern’s “final” solution.

Check the record - until about 6 hours ago, there wasn't any indication that another solution was in work. Even now, it's only a rumor on an obscure podcast that you are basing some strange form of Victory Lap on in which you have no idea what that solution even entails - how petty are you anyway? Like I said, I hope it's a good solution, but I'm going to wait until I see it before I make any commitment. And if it's good, I will tell you it's good. But if it's bad, I'll tell you it's bad. Reality - try it sometime.

Check the record - I believe you are the only person that has been giving cover to this kluge job v3 from it's birth. You've been in denial that it sucks - now you're trying to deny the denial. Just admit you're wrong.

FARLY 2 (resized).jpgFARLY 2 (resized).jpg
#4943 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Very frustrating that it has taken Stern this long to come up with a solution. Local place has heavy damage on their pro after removing the OEM and I get a couple of stuck balls every evening play, all ridiculous. They should have at least sent out the protector from the LEs to the pro owners.
Anyways, I want the Stern kit for sure but I decided to an order Ninja Camp protector so I can see what I like better.

I don’t know how Stern will come up with anything that can equal or beat the Ninja scoop protector. Hope you’re as impressed with it as I’ve been.

#4944 2 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

[quoted image]

Not interested in protector arguments.
Downvoting simply for the unnecessary added political BS.

#4945 2 years ago
Quoted from usafstars:

I don’t know how Stern will come up with anything that can equal or beat the Ninja scoop protector. Hope you’re as impressed with it as I’ve been.

#4946 2 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Not interested in protector arguments.
Downvoting simply for the unnecessary added political BS.

My bad - that was just a meme that is plastered all over the internet and I was too lazy to change it. Picture has been corrected to more accurately depict the non-political point I was making.

#4947 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Local place has heavy damage on their pro...

If you have the operator for that local Rush reach out to us, we have created a variant on the pro scoop protector we call the "fat lip" that has about 5mm more lip coverage all the way around to help hide and halt existing damage. We made it up special for someone that requested it, but I don't see why we can't make it available to anyone that needs it. They can ask for it in the order comments or by direct messaging. We may ultimately add a listing for it directly, but for now this is how they can get it.

#4948 2 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

You've been in denial that it sucks - now you're trying to deny the denial. Just admit you're wrong.

That’s some classic projection right there. Let’s take it to PM, and spare these poor people a half-assed meme war.

#4949 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

That’s some classic projection right there. Let’s take it to PM, and spare these poor people a half-assed meme war.

Sure, I can school you just as well on PM as this forum, and it won't be as publicly humiliating for you. Send me your thoughts.

#4950 2 years ago

Right now REALLY hooked on Clockwork Angels. This is is absolutely one of their best releases, imho.
Tracks 1-5 are fucking mandatory.
I've been skipping 6 but track 7 throws you right back in Alex's Metal Zone pedal deliciousness
Fuck I can't believe I slept on this album till a month ago....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 275.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, GA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 17,890 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/99?hl=aniraf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.