20240322_163631 (resized).jpg
20240319_194137 (resized).jpg
20240319_194051 (resized).jpg
IMG_5172 (resized).jpeg
20240313_124509 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_232015126 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_230406999 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,847 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 357.
#4851 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Well, all I can tell you is this: if you're ever in NJ, you are welcome to come to my house for a beer and to hear how the Pinwoofers sound in person. Just PM me!

Too bad we cannot do a comparison between everything. I’m not against pinwoofer, I do think the PITA I went through on Rush is an upgrade.

Either way I highly recommend the external amp and speakers route on Rush. The likely difference between systems is no where near as drastic as upgrading speakers and an external amp.

I’ll likely be using the DIY kit in the future.

#4852 1 year ago

Main scoop failing to eject until ball search SOLVED!

I was getting the ball in either scoop but it was not ejecting out the main (bottom) regularly. It was getting increasingly worse. While checking the connectors in switch test I saw the coil stuck on (energized). Turned out it was just stuck on the scoop metal round hole. Seems the coil is about a millimeter to close to the playfield. It was hitting the metal and when it actually fired it was stuck open.
Here is a quick video;
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qp760rp271zo5im/2022-04-09%2011.55.34.mp4?dl=0
My solution was to add a washer to the lower hole to raise the front of the coil. I don't know if it tilted the entire coil or just raised it as the screws are so close together.
Here is a photo of the washer placement. The tape is holding the washer on place for a photo, it was removed.
Now, perfect ejection, quicker ejection and perfect placement on the right flipper.

2022-04-09 12.07.36.jpg2022-04-09 12.07.36.jpg
#4853 1 year ago
Quoted from CUJO:

Does anyone know what Stern has shipped out for scoop protectors for the pro's?
Will they do both the front and side scoops?

The Blue Sandwich was their final "fix", believe it or not. I wouldn't wait 10 seconds for it myself. Just get the Ninja, rest assured both holes are now properly protected, and don't look back. Throw old Blue in the coinbox when you get it - it might make a good conversation piece 10 or 20 years from now.

#4854 1 year ago

My premium has started automatically registering a time machine hit when the ramp lifts up. Has anybody else seen this and have any tips on the fix here?

#4855 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

I believe the “blue sandwich” may be it.
(Also wanted to type blueberry sandwich just once - )

Now that I know that I may be waiting for a blueberry sandwich (which is ugly as Heck) and the upper left scoop isn't included, I'm gonna go with the Ninja protector.

#4856 1 year ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

The Blue Sandwich was their final "fix", believe it or not.

Is that what Stern told you, or an educated guess? They acknowledged in the stream that their vendor used an inferior metal (to replace what they apparently weren’t able to source). I’m convinced that my Premium used the “normal” grade of metal that stands up to abuse, e.g. the kind Cliffy has always used. No wear at all to the top scoop protector, after 500 plays. So maybe they’re fabricating a replacement. I have a hard time believing a plastic protector will outlast a properly-made metal protector. But this is the first time it’s been tried, so I’ll be happy to be wrong!

#4857 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Is that what Stern told you, or an educated guess? They acknowledged in the stream that their vendor used an inferior metal (to replace what they apparently weren’t able to source). I’m convinced that my Premium used the “normal” grade of metal that stands up to abuse, e.g. the kind Cliffy has always used. No wear at all to the top scoop protector, after 500 plays. So maybe they’re fabricating a replacement. I have a hard time believing a plastic protector will outlast a properly-made metal protector. But this is the first time it’s been tried, so I’ll be happy to be wrong!

If you're talking about the same stream I saw with the Stern engineer showcasing the Blue Sandwich as the great solution, there wasn't any hint about any other solution. There's no debate that they are using a better grade of steel now, but they are protecting it with Big Blue. The upper scoop obviously does not take the brutal beat down that the main scoop does so why talk about it. Even Cliffy's protector cannot take the beating (as stated by Cliffy himself) of the main scoop. These Ninjas have been pretty widely distributed now, with mucho game time and I have not heard of even one failure. Maybe if they would make one in bright blue, you would be onboard with Team Ninja?
Blue Ninja (resized).jpgBlue Ninja (resized).jpg

#4858 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Do you have the "forks" on the lower scoop? To me, that's a horrible fix. The pinballs are going to get nicked all to hell.

#4859 1 year ago

What’s everyone setting their pitch at on this?

#4860 1 year ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Do you have the "forks" on the lower scoop? To me, that's a horrible fix. The pinballs are going to get nicked all to hell.

Yeah I definitely agree with that. I’ve got the blue rubber guard on mine, never had the forks. It just doesn’t bother me. At this point I have a playfield protector and I could probably remove the the blue guard, but I like that the lower scoop requires a more deliberate shot. And the appearance just never bothered me.

BTW, I’m envious of you guys that apparently got clearcoat on your playfields. The clear is so thin on mine, the playfield protector was a “must-have”. I’m still waiting for Stern to get back to me on that.

#4861 1 year ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

Maybe if they would make one in bright blue, you would be onboard with Team Ninja?

I only downvoted this because it’s a snotty comment and not at all helpful. Sorry you wasted 5 minutes in Photoshop for me.

#4862 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I could probably remove the the blue guard

Double dog dare ya! "Probably" is a worse strategy than "hope".

#4863 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I only downvoted this because it’s a snotty comment and not at all helpful. Sorry you wasted 5 minutes in Photoshop for me.

Only took 1 minute for me. Worth it - I see you got the point.

#4864 1 year ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

Only took 1 minute for me. Worth it - I see you got the point.

Hey man, if that’s what makes you happy.

#4865 1 year ago

Got back to the hotel tonight and the 1st track I played was BU2B. REALLY digging Clockwise Angel's right now. We'll talk about my new obsession with Signals tomorrow

#4866 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

You've got a bad case of denial going on. You keep trying to put lipstick on a pig. Even worse, it's blue lipstick.

#4867 1 year ago

the red barchetta is going to look perfect in the upper left.Then new lights for the time machine and its on.

#4868 1 year ago

Or now lol. Always hated keys so missed this version of Rush.
HOLY fuck
Signals is an INCREDIBLE album. Love it.

#4869 1 year ago

I had never heard Countdown. Wow.

#4870 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

How many fux do you give about the blue blinders?

#4871 1 year ago

Lay off Swampfire. He's a good guy.

#4872 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

0 ?

#4873 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Countdown should have been on this game along with Xanadu.

#4874 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Now this one did take 5 minutes. Remember this guy? I think he works in a sandwich shop somewhere in the Arabian Peninsula now. Used to be the ultimate company guy, too. Eagerly awaiting your downvote of disapproval.

Bagdad Bob (resized).jpgBagdad Bob (resized).jpg

#4875 1 year ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

It looks like Cliffy is now thinking the forks are needed even with his protectors.

https://passionforpinball.com/wip.htm

#4876 1 year ago
Quoted from schudel5:

It looks like Cliffy is now thinking the forks are needed even with his protectors.
https://passionforpinball.com/wip.htm

Now it’s better to have the forks?!
0DAB9344-17E0-4EC9-B085-76E6F6F37D18.gif0DAB9344-17E0-4EC9-B085-76E6F6F37D18.gif

#4877 1 year ago

Forks are all well and good but I've moved on to the knives and spoon solution at this point.

#4878 1 year ago

maybe a better look at lighted dice

#4879 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Zero fux given

#4880 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

Countdown should have been on this game along with Xanadu.

I think my favorite Rush song at the moment is “The Analog Kid”. So many great ones to go through.

#4881 1 year ago

Im ordering new scoop cliffys from cliff (of course). I haven't got my pro yet. Does anyone have pics of the new blue pad protection? Does that also have the forks? Thanks.

#4882 1 year ago
Quoted from John1210:

Im ordering new scoop cliffys from cliff (of course). I haven't got my pro yet. Does anyone have pics of the new blue pad protection? Does that also have the forks? Thanks.

Look at the gallery index for this thread to see all the photos

#4883 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I think my favorite Rush song at the moment is “The Analog Kid”. So many great ones to go through.

Been a favorite of mine since release too. It's actually a pretty important point in the band's evolution:

Peart said that the song was his first attempt at non-fiction, and that he "for the longest time [Peart] stepped into characters until I had my own confidence and technique to be able to step outside them as a writer."

-wikipedia that could use an edit

#4884 1 year ago

My Big Mac order last night LOL

20220409_195316 (resized).jpg20220409_195316 (resized).jpg
#4885 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Always one of my faves from Rush...The music video of Countdown is a super goosebump maker for me.

#4886 1 year ago

Any tips on how to put the Mylar down near the vuk? First time putting Mylar down

#4887 1 year ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

Now this one did take 5 minutes. Remember this guy? I think he works in a sandwich shop somewhere in the Arabian Peninsula now. Used to be the ultimate company guy, too. Eagerly awaiting your downvote of disapproval.
[quoted image]

Now that is Funny!!!!

#4888 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:My Big Mac order last night LOL
[quoted image]

Oooh! Free game mod!

#4889 1 year ago

I have a question about the Ninja scoop protector which looks awesome BTW.

Those who have installed them, do they move at all during play during random ball contact since they are so lightweight?

Would it benefit the install to put a peel and stick tape on the two front edges to prevent movement and lifting during play?

Like Cliffy does with his scoop and switch edge protectors to keep them securely in place?

#4890 1 year ago
Quoted from CUJO:

I have a question about the Ninja scoop protector which looks awesome BTW.
Those who have installed them, do they move at all during play during random ball contact since they are so lightweight?
Would it benefit the install to put a peel and stick tape on the two front edges to prevent movement and lifting during play?
Like Cliffy does with his scoop and switch edge protectors to keep them securely in place?

I haven't noticed any movement on mine. The posts and washers hold it securely in place.

#4891 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Oooh! Free game mod!

I was thinking a topper

#4892 1 year ago
Quoted from epeabs:

I haven't noticed any movement on mine. The posts and washers hold it securely in place.

@epeabs, glad you picked one up. I was in such a hurry to get mine installed I didn’t use the washers and haven’t seen any movement either. I might go back and put them in when I install their VUK protector.

#4893 1 year ago

I am having trouble ordering from NinjaCamp.
I have tried two visa cards and keep getting "Your card number is invalid" when I enter the last digit.
And yes, my credit is excellent so not me...frustrating...

Fixed. Needed to match Shipping address first name from Ken to Kenneth to match my CC.

#4894 1 year ago
Quoted from CUJO:

I am having trouble ordering from NinjaCamp.
I have tried two visa cards and keep getting "Your card number is invalid" when I enter the last digit.
And yes, my credit is excellent so not me...frustrating...

try a different web browser, or PM them directly and see if they can handle it that way.

#4895 1 year ago
Quoted from usafstars:

try a different web browser, or PM them directly and see if they can handle it that way.

I got it. It was because my Shipping name first name said Ken and not Kenneth to match CC.

#4896 1 year ago
Quoted from usafstars:

epeabs, glad you picked one up. I was in such a hurry to get mine installed I didn’t use the washers and haven’t seen any movement either. I might go back and put them in when I install their VUK protector.

Just got on the list for the Vukbill protector. The washers worked real well and don't interfere with the ball at all.

#4897 1 year ago

Which washers are you all using with the Ninja protector? Would like to add some to an order soon. Thanks!

#4898 1 year ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Which washers are you all using with the Ninja protector? Would like to add some to an order soon. Thanks!

The metal washers that came with the Stern Fix #2 work fine.
Have had the Ninja Protector on for a week and its working great. No movement at all on at the edges/lips, they are very flush. It's almost like they stick (but they don't) to the wood/mylar underneath.

Aniraf ; any idea when the other Ninja mods are going to ready?

#4899 1 year ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Mine came from Titan pinball. 3/4 inch clear. https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=60&product_id=134

#4900 1 year ago

Groupies.

IMG_20220410_120424927 (resized).jpgIMG_20220410_120424927 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
NinjaCamp Mods
Protection
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Backbox
PinWoofer
Backbox
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 42.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball
Decals
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 194.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,847 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 357.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/98?hl=pinwoofer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.