20240410_181338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_184826850.MP.jpg
IMG_5558 (resized).jpeg
PNG image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6461 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,890 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 358.
#4801 2 years ago
Quoted from jpc211245:

A little off topic I know. If anyone is part of the Rush fanatics group on FB this is the final vote for the top Rush song of 64 song tourney. It’s remarkably close. It think Xanadu should be on our machines regardless. Maybe we can add it in the future?
[quoted image]

What? Rivendell isn't in the final?

#4802 2 years ago
Quoted from CrashJT:

These dice lights are awesome! Where'd you get clear dice? What size hole? What glue? Details!
Thanks!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09HC41RX2/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_CTA59187FMHDCMRJHJA5

7/16 hole, don't go-to deep, it will rub. Super glued over night

#4803 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

amazon.com link »

I used a 3/8 drill bit and superglue.The dice come in a set of 4 so I did 2 green and a red so far just for fun.Switch them up

#4804 2 years ago

Here's the shirt from Geddy's driers.

FB_IMG_1500138511082 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1500138511082 (resized).jpg
#4805 2 years ago

Do you use a flip phone still.

#4806 2 years ago
Quoted from CrashJT:

I happen to LOVE the callouts! For me it's part of what makes Rush Rush. That being said, in the "Rush" menu, there is a setting to change how frequently you hear certain callouts (humor). Mine is set to frequent. I wish there was an even more than frequent setting.
! Because of the frequent setting maybe, I hear a lot of different callouts, some only one ever! Some a little more repetitive. If you don't have this "dialed down," maybe try that first. If you DO have it dialed back for a while, maybe go crazy and try "frequent" and see if it adds to the variation? Let us knew what you find. Mine is firmly set on the highest setting.

Same - callouts and music make this pin for me. I love the members of Rush and their humor, I love the music, it's all been the soundtrack of my life.

I am locked on frequent and maximum humor. I hope they continue to add more call outs.

#4807 2 years ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

What? Rivendell isn't in the final?

Literally the only rush song I don’t like

#4808 2 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

Saw the Rush tribute Lotus Land once (check them out if in your area) and between songs someone in the crowd shouted out "play Rivendell!" The band replied with something to the extent of "look, people paid money for these tickets, we don't want to make them leave."

#4809 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

... pins moving in/out then finally got my chance at a Met prem !! Whoa !!!!! Holy fing shit this 2 flipper pin is pure adrenalin with its North/South play !!!! ...I sold my DP prem and GNR LE to purchase this Rush LE and deposit on GZ prem and I’m never looking back !Never !!!
[quoted image]

Liking that pic!

I've owned a bunch of Sterns over the years. All good games, but I'll have the same (Stern) lineup as you when my Rush LE arrives: Metallica, Maiden, and Rush!

#4810 2 years ago

Changed my dice from red to green as suggested in the other thread. I like it! And installed the Ninjacamp protector as well.

7F9044A0-AF9C-418B-A670-00D1D7C23A26 (resized).jpeg7F9044A0-AF9C-418B-A670-00D1D7C23A26 (resized).jpeg9FA9421D-0092-4223-89E1-F1A6DACE3E62 (resized).jpeg9FA9421D-0092-4223-89E1-F1A6DACE3E62 (resized).jpeg
#4811 2 years ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

Saw the Rush tribute Lotus Land once (check them out if in your area) and between songs someone in the crowd shouted out "play Rivendell!" The band replied with something to the extent of "look, people paid money for these tickets, we don't want to make them leave."

I live near phila
Haha that’s great

#4812 2 years ago

My mini guitars, (from Amazon) arrived today.

I plan on adding a little extra "bling" to the playfield.....

Dsc_6305_1 (resized).jpgDsc_6305_1 (resized).jpg
#4813 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Ugh. Im in the middle of installing my ninja scoop on my LE. Was putting posts back in. Dropped tool….first time ive ever messed up a playfield. Chipped a small area near the inner ramp. You wont be able to see it from the players perspective, but i know its there. Ugh. Im an idiot. I put a small piece of mylar on it. I guess thats all i can do?

That sucks, but I'm glad it's in an inconspicuous place.

#4814 2 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

Haha. I actually like that one. It's different.

#4815 2 years ago

Happy Friday kids!
Pourin up tryin to digest this ruleset

FB_IMG_1649454326823 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1649454326823 (resized).jpg
#4816 2 years ago

Sometimes I like to go big AND stay at home

20220408_184046 (resized).jpg20220408_184046 (resized).jpg
#4817 2 years ago

This was actually a terrible idea. CV's severely underpowered and sounded like shit.
Savin up for the Pinwoofers...

#4818 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

This was actually a terrible idea. CV's severely underpowered and sounded like shit.

I thought those looked like some old school Cerwin Vegas.

#4819 2 years ago

Here we go again. After spending weeks tracking down the issue with my flippers going dead I finally resolved the problem. Now after two or so weeks of play without glitches it suddenly starting again. At least I know where to start looking this time.

It's just getting really frustrating. I've had my LE for about 10 weeks now and out of those 10 weeks I've gotten 2 weeks of play where the machine wasn't down needing a fix. I may have got the lemon in the batch but doubt if I'll ever by a NIB again.

I love the game, but all this petty mending shit is just that, a load of crap.

#4820 2 years ago

Dude I'm sorry to hear that. Somebody help this man!

#4821 2 years ago

Just installed my ninja camp TPU protector.. Very straight forward install, fits very well and looks great. Initial 1st couple games, and it works awesome. No twang due to hitting forks. I put the posts on 3/4 inch lexan washers and it worked perfect.

20220408_194417 (resized).jpg20220408_194417 (resized).jpg20220408_203542 (resized).jpg20220408_203542 (resized).jpg20220408_204219 (resized).jpg20220408_204219 (resized).jpg
#4822 2 years ago
Quoted from epeabs:

Just installed my ninja camp TPU protector.. Very straight forward install, fits very well and looks great. Initial 1st couple games, and it works awesome. No twang due to hitting forks. I put the posts on 3/4 inch lexan washers and it worked perfect.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How thick are the washers?

#4823 2 years ago

They are your standard lexan plastic protectors that you would use on your slingshot plastics. So they are probably 1/16" (Titan Pinball says they are .060")

#4824 2 years ago
Quoted from Photopin:

Here we go again. After spending weeks tracking down the issue with my flippers going dead I finally resolved the problem. Now after two or so weeks of play without glitches it suddenly starting again. At least I know where to start looking this time.
It's just getting really frustrating. I've had my LE for about 10 weeks now and out of those 10 weeks I've gotten 2 weeks of play where the machine wasn't down needing a fix. I may have got the lemon in the batch but doubt if I'll ever by a NIB again.

Man that sucks. Hang in there though! You are experiencing the worst right off the bat based on my experience (FWIW) with purchasing games.

The good news for your sanity (and bad for your pinball budget) is that, odds are, you're in for a long streak of smooth pinball purchases after this one!

LOVE the Williams '58 Space Ship avatar by the way! I used to own that game - bought it from Mr68 many years ago. Mainly for the artwork! Truly.

#4825 2 years ago
Quoted from Photopin:

After spending weeks tracking down the issue with my flippers going dead I finally resolved the problem. Now after two or so weeks of play without glitches it suddenly starting again. At least I know where to start looking this time.

How did you fix it last time?

EDIT - never mind, I found your post. Man, your game is really putting you through it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/61#post-6833474

#4826 2 years ago
Quoted from Photopin:

NIB isn't the fantasy experience many think it is. It CAN go well, but especially on LEs, you're often Stern's guinea pig. Nothing wrong with waiting for a nice HUO to come along that someone has kindly worked the bugs out of for you and just buy that.

#4827 2 years ago
Quoted from bouche03:

Maybe I missed something, but did you get this addressed by Stern, and if so, what was their response/solution? Also, I know many if you are using the Ninja protector, but has anyone went with the Mantis or Cliffy kit yet (if that's available...), and if so, how are those doing? I finally got my LE back from Stern after being speared by a forklift with R/L Carriers during shipping. 5 weeks waiting for the repair, tough to be patient!<

Maybe I missed something, but did you get this addressed by Stern, and if so, what was their response/solution? Also, I know many if you are using the Ninja protector, but has anyone went with the Mantis or Cliffy kit yet (if that's available...), and if so, how are those doing? I finally got my LE back from Stern after being speared by a forklift with R/L Carriers during shipping. 5 weeks waiting for the repair, tough to be patient!

Up to now I have not received replacement bumpers from Stern. I’ve emailed back and fourth and they said the order was going to the parts dept.. I’ve asked for an update but have not received one.

#4828 2 years ago

Just got some custom key chains in the mail.

KEYS (resized).jpgKEYS (resized).jpgKEYS RUSH (resized).jpgKEYS RUSH (resized).jpgKEYS1 (resized).jpgKEYS1 (resized).jpg
#4829 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

My mini guitars, (from Amazon) arrived today.
I plan on adding a little extra "bling" to the playfield.....
[quoted image]

Got mine yesterday and can’t find a good place for them… sending them back. Would love to see what you come up with!

#4830 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Do it yourself as it will sound better and cost less

0162DE77-264B-4053-BE6F-411349525693 (resized).jpeg0162DE77-264B-4053-BE6F-411349525693 (resized).jpegE911BD6D-1F0F-4BCA-AD06-0DFDA2BA8021 (resized).jpegE911BD6D-1F0F-4BCA-AD06-0DFDA2BA8021 (resized).jpeg
#4831 2 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Do it yourself as it will sound better and cost less
[quoted image][quoted image]

Not true. I've tried it many ways and Pinwoofer has my business for good now.

#4832 2 years ago
Quoted from dabear007:

Just got some custom key chains in the mail.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice. Where are these from?

#4833 2 years ago

$60US at Pinfest for LE translite only (frame not included). If someone in GTA wants it, can pick up locally. Thanks.

12DBB3A4-4219-40DE-A23F-848F440C108D (resized).jpeg12DBB3A4-4219-40DE-A23F-848F440C108D (resized).jpeg29ACF13E-17CD-4C3F-ACD9-0546D766A296 (resized).jpeg29ACF13E-17CD-4C3F-ACD9-0546D766A296 (resized).jpeg
#4834 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

How did you fix it last time?

Found a wire running under a flipper bracket where insulation had been nipped during install.

That's where I'm going to start this time

Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Man that sucks. Hang in there though! You are experiencing the worst right off the bat based on my experience (FWIW) with purchasing games.
The good news for your sanity (and bad for your pinball budget) is that, odds are, you're in for a long streak of smooth pinball purchases after this one!

LOVE the Williams '58 Space Ship avatar by the way! I used to own that game - bought it from Mr68 many years ago. Mainly for the artwork! Truly.

Thanks for the encouragement. I may have found it. It looks like the wire running under the other flipper mech had rubbed through the insulation as well. I put a piece of thin cardboard (piece of a business card) between wires and bracket and played two games without issue.

While I had it opened up, I went ahead and added the felt strip to the turn. Man, what a difference that make. No more death-rattle on shots around that loop. I was obviously missed a lot of hits on that switch because all of a sudden I'm getting weapons left and right. I think I'd only picked up about 8 weapons total prior to today.

And yeah- the Space Ship is a really cool looking game. I mean, Space girls in bubble helmets, you can't beat that. In fact, it's sitting right next to my Rush machine. I'll probably never get rid of that one. It's a blast to play and is totally different than any other game I've owned.

IMG_20220409_110743457 (resized).jpgIMG_20220409_110743457 (resized).jpg
#4835 2 years ago

I put a piece of thin cardboard (piece of a business card) between wires and bracket and played two games without issue.

That's awesome news! I feel bad for your situation, but you killed it!!! Way to go!

#4836 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I will disagree. The Pyle speakers are no where as good as the Kickers. Why is pinwoofer better? Do they use higher grade amps? No

It’s a nice system for sure though there’s no way it’s better than some higher end alternatives

#4837 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

That's nice to hear beelzeboob !

Since we were mentioned, our modern in-house amplifier designs perform quite nicely, and are custom configured for pinball. There has been an immense amount of effort put into our product integration, design and ease of installation.

Knockout Kit for Rush:

https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-spike-super-kit/

Look for greater availability of the DIY amp line this summer when the supply of IC's is expected to improve.

Have a great day everyone!

Amps (resized).jpgAmps (resized).jpg
#4838 2 years ago

Yeah I dragged that CV out just to to hear Subdivisions. I knew it wasn't gonna sound right, that's a 400 watt speaker that is run through an 1800 watt preamp in my music room. Was just for shits and giggles.
The Pioneer 10" doesn't sound bad, but it doesn't matter how great of a speaker you hook up if you're not amplifying/bypassing that shitty little Stern amp.

#4839 2 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I will disagree. The Pyle speakers are no where as good as the Kickers. Why is pinwoofer better? Do they use higher grade amps? No
It’s a nice system for sure though there’s no way it’s better than some higher end alternatives

What kickers you talking about I have both the pyles and the kickers KSC50
5.25" Coaxial Speakers I’ll try both to see which ones I like. I bought the pinwoofer system by other pinsiders recommendations.. I’m sure it’s going to be fantastic.. can’t wait to install

Haven’t seen a better system. Plus it’s only 370 bucks…

#4840 2 years ago

I have a very early Rush Pro built Jan 27th.

My dealer told me that the scoop kits were shipped to them last week but they didn't show this week.

I have mylared around the scoops for now and watching closely for any damage. I already had a small chip come off in front before I mylared but the new scoop protector should cover it. It came with a protector that had to be taken off immediately as it lifted within a few games.

Does anyone know what Stern has shipped out for scoop protectors for the pro's?
Will they do both the front and side scoops?

If it's going to be the "blueberry sandwich" version as I 've seen someone call it on here, I'm gonna to order the Ninja before Stern's even arrives.

20220402_134216 (resized).jpg20220402_134216 (resized).jpg
#4841 2 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

I'm gonna to order the Ninja before Stern's even arrives.

I think it would be a good idea in your situation to go ahead and order right away.

#4842 2 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

I have a very early Rush Pro built Jan 27th.
My dealer told me that the scoop kits were shipped to them last week but they didn't show this week.
I have mylared around the scoops for now and watching closely for any damage. I already had a small chip come off in front before I mylared but the new scoop protector should cover it. It came with a protector that had to be taken off immediately as it lifted within a few games.
Does anyone know what Stern has shipped out for scoop protectors for the pro's?
Will they do both the front and side scoops?
If it's going to be the "blueberry sandwich" version as I 've seen someone call it on here, I'm gonna to order the Ninja before Stern's even arrives.

My pro was built Jan 14 and I haven't heard back from Stern either, every time I emailed them I would get the same canned response that their engineers are working on it. Don't care anymore though as I bought and installed the protector Ninja makes which works great.

#4843 2 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

My pro was built Jan 14 and I haven't heard back from Stern either, every time I emailed them I would get the same canned response that their engineers are working on it. Don't care anymore though as I bought and installed the protector Ninja makes which works great.

Would you send me their email address for Stern that you used. My dealer who I trust told him they had been shipped to them. Unless Stern was telling him an "untruth". Do you know what Stern is planning or has sent out for scoops? Anyone?

#4844 2 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

Would you send me their email address for Stern that you used. My dealer who I trust told him they had been shipped to them. Unless Stern was telling him an "untruth". Do you know what Stern is planning or has sent out for scoops? Anyone?

I initially filed a support ticket via their support page here:

https://sternpinball.com/support/contact-us/

...and reply emails came from [email protected] from Thalia Cruz. To clarify from my previous post, they would always reply and fairly quickly but it's become the same "engineers working on it" response so I haven't replied back anymore.

#4845 2 years ago

How many months does it take an engineer to come up with this scoop fix?

#4846 2 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

Bottom scoop only, which makes no sense. The upper one gets the crap beat out of it as well. You're basically gonna have to choose a third party solution in the end, IMO. Might as well do it sooner rather than later.

#4847 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Bottom scoop only, which makes no sense. The upper one gets the crap beat out of it as well. You're basically gonna have to choose a third party solution in the end, IMO. Might as well do it sooner rather than later.

Yup, seriously people should just get Ninja's dual scoop solution and enjoy their game. Side note, the material they used for their fix is really interesting, makes me wonder if that's in general a better way to go than the typical metal scoop protector.

#4848 2 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

How many months does it take an engineer to come up with this scoop fix?

I believe the “blue sandwich” may be it.
(Also wanted to type blueberry sandwich just once - )

#4849 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Yeah I dragged that CV out just to to hear Subdivisions. I knew it wasn't gonna sound right, that's a 400 watt speaker that is run through an 1800 watt preamp in my music room. Was just for shits and giggles.
The Pioneer 10" doesn't sound bad, but it doesn't matter how great of a speaker you hook up if you're not amplifying/bypassing that shitty little Stern amp.

That's a worthy cause. I've always said - "If you can't feel Subdivisions rattling your eyeballs, can you really say you're FEELING Subdivisions?"

#4850 2 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Well, all I can tell you is this: if you're ever in NJ, you are welcome to come to my house for a beer and to hear how the Pinwoofers sound in person. Just PM me!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 229.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, GA
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 210.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

6,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersburg, IN
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
There are 17,890 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/97?hl=geddy2112 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.