IMG_6410 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2562 (resized).jpg
IMG_2578 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2574 (resized).jpeg
20240322_163542 (resized).jpg
20240322_163631 (resized).jpg
20240319_194137 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,884 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 358.
#4751 2 years ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

The playfield is chipping near the hole

Needs more light to be able to see it clearly, but you have 4 choices to address it:

1. Mylar
2. Sally Hansen Clear nail polish (or this to arrest the chip, THEN also mylar over it once it's dried to stop more chipping)
3. Cliffy protector
4. Ninja TPU flexible protector (not sure if this is released yet, they showed a pic)

#4752 2 years ago

Ninjascoop has been installed. I feel like the weight of the world has been lifted off my shoulders. After having the machine for 3 months I can finally play without worrying about having to pull the glass every couple of minutes. Installation was a bugger though. I discovered that my ceiling is too low to tilt the playfield onto the back of the machine. The wife and I had to work in tandem with one another - one holding the playfield up while the other removed/installed the parts. What an ordeal. If anyone knows of work-arounds with the ceiling issue please let me know. The only option I can think of is a hydraulic table (remove legs and lower machine). I was hoping to buy Expression Lighting when it's available, but I don't know how I'm going to possibly remove the playfield.

#4753 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Needs more light to be able to see it clearly, but you have 4 choices to address it:
4. Ninja TPU flexible protector (not sure if this is released yet, they showed a pic)

Soon! I promise

#4754 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

1. Mylar
2. Sally Hansen Clear nail polish (or this to arrest the chip, THEN also mylar over it once it's dried to stop more chipping)
3. Cliffy protector

Thank you I'll try and find a link to those. Has cliffy been released yet I think I'm on the waiting list

#4755 2 years ago

Kept the fangs as they protect against side balls hitting the scoop.

27331C07-4CFC-4E3F-A56B-140013FA7396 (resized).jpeg27331C07-4CFC-4E3F-A56B-140013FA7396 (resized).jpeg
#4756 2 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Kept the fangs as they protect against side balls hitting the scoop.
[quoted image]

Hate to say it .but I highly recommend going back and removing those fangs.
I left mine then took off .
They’d mark up the balls which then mess up the playfield.
It’s much easier to go back and remove
Unless you put Mylar on them .
That’s what I originally did

#4757 2 years ago

Okay, Rush fans...honest question: What's the significance of the cork falling into some hole/galaxy thing in the middle of the playfield. I get the Tom Sawyer raft thing and the radio, but I can't for the life of me figure out what song this is supposed to represent. I never noticed it and now I can't unsee it.

#4758 2 years ago

So what's considered a good score?

I'm still learning the rules by playing, haven't watched a tutorial yet. Still loving this pin!

Image 4-7-22 at 5.41 PM (resized).jpgImage 4-7-22 at 5.41 PM (resized).jpg
#4759 2 years ago

I had like 2.7 b on the original code it came with. Since then nowhere near that and i just hit 475m which is now my new gc. So there must have been something wierd pre patch

#4760 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Okay, Rush fans...honest question: What's the significance of the cork falling into some hole/galaxy thing in the middle of the playfield. I get the Tom Sawyer raft thing and the radio, but I can't for the life of me figure out what song this is supposed to represent. I never noticed it and now I can't unsee it.

They really like wine.

#4761 2 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

They really like wine.

Really? That's it???

#4762 2 years ago

That would be my guess. A cork coming out of Cygnus X-1.

#4763 2 years ago

I noticed this last night. They’re rocking out at the local laundromat apparently.

DBC6F9EC-17A7-4A51-BE48-E00A18F8A851 (resized).jpegDBC6F9EC-17A7-4A51-BE48-E00A18F8A851 (resized).jpeg
#4764 2 years ago

I have no idea.

But to me, with the whole space and galaxy theme; I think of it as a comical reference to the Big Bang. lol

Just in my mind.

As for Rush reference. I have no idea.

#4765 2 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

That would be my guess. A cork coming out of Cygnus X-1.

The motion lines above it make it look like it's falling. Whatever...I just think it's kind of silly. But then, you know, washing machines and rotisseries. They have that sense of humor, so I'll just go with it.

#4766 2 years ago

It means rotisserie chicken on sale $6.99
Come and get it

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4767 2 years ago

At the laundromat

#4768 2 years ago

I like to have a freshly laundered shirt to wipe my fingers off/on

#4769 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

So what's considered a good score?
I'm still learning the rules by playing, haven't watched a tutorial yet. Still loving this pin![quoted image]

nope not good

#4770 2 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

I noticed this last night. They’re rocking out at the local laundromat apparently.
[quoted image]

Once again Neil using the “chromey” kit
And all 3 in 2112 era but, with modern washers etc.
Geddy never wore those glasses back then

#4771 2 years ago

way ahead of me

#4772 2 years ago

A little off topic I know. If anyone is part of the Rush fanatics group on FB this is the final vote for the top Rush song of 64 song tourney. It’s remarkably close. It think Xanadu should be on our machines regardless. Maybe we can add it in the future?

7762299C-B06E-4C08-8B9E-A065A2C22005 (resized).jpeg7762299C-B06E-4C08-8B9E-A065A2C22005 (resized).jpeg
#4773 2 years ago

Replaced the stock speakers on my LE with some Alpine S-S50 speakers recommended in the DIY thread and holy cow, what a difference. The midrange is back! I can hear Neil’s drums again!

Coupled with the Kliptch 12” sub and the results are nothing short of spectacular.

#4774 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

This is his wine cellar...in his house.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4775 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

It’s inspired from Hugh Syme’s Art of Rush Book.
Hugh was the artist for their albums, etc.

6272127F-8692-46BD-A060-B200D928AD01 (resized).jpeg6272127F-8692-46BD-A060-B200D928AD01 (resized).jpeg6E4B7110-5D66-4178-84F6-737368B1D1A0 (resized).jpeg6E4B7110-5D66-4178-84F6-737368B1D1A0 (resized).jpeg
#4776 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Even when I bought my MET I didn't play it as much as Rush. Nor Maiden, or any machine.
Fucking hooked on RUSH

My story is I got into pinball 2 plus years ago .WOZRR was my first purchase (won 9k on a 10$ draftkings bet ) with the pre meditated plan to ease my family in because I kinda knew what was happening .It was incredible ….for a couple of weeks .Then IMDN was our 2nd and as of today is a 2/1 favorite to be the last to leave .Blah Blah Blah Yadda Yadda pins moving in/out then finally got my chance at a Met prem !! Whoa !!!!! Holy fing shit this 2 flipper pin is pure adrenalin with its North/South play !!!! I had a Met pro previous to WOZ but was only selling it for a friend and I was on pinside at this point and knew I wanted the prem. His machine was routed to the tune of 5k plays all stock and I unfortunately sold it for 4200 because I was a newb that was only talking to flippers locally that we’re offering 3900 .Whatever , live and learn .Sooooo then after some time Rush is announced .My first song learned on guitar was working man ,had they’re first 5 albums as a youngster , maybe my first concert(I was maybe 12 , my cousin was taking me to many ) with them opening for Kiss (lmfao ,Rush opening for Kiss) .All this being said I 100% agree with Gryszzz I’m not ready to say it’s my all time favorite , buuuuuttttt I am playing it more than any pin I’ve ever had .Actually what I just said explains RUSH to me .They are without doubt the most talented band I’ve ever listened to ,but do not get what they deserve because of who they are ! Down to earth , never bending to the man , never bending to the fans , stick to who you are ,keep working beyond ,family first type of dudes and I fucking love that about them ! Put it this way ,I sold my DP prem and GNR LE to purchase this Rush LE and deposit on GZ prem and I’m never looking back !Never !!!

D380E6A0-7659-4AA9-BE19-D8950D1DEDF1 (resized).jpegD380E6A0-7659-4AA9-BE19-D8950D1DEDF1 (resized).jpeg
#4777 2 years ago

If I was ordering a sandwich it would go like this ….”Gimme the Elwin on Borg!” After GZ arrives it will be “gimme the double Elwin on Borg!” ….No sides

#4778 2 years ago
Quoted from jpc211245:

It think Xanadu should be on our machines regardless. Maybe we can add it in the future?

I was thinking the other day that if I had to pick just one song that has at least a taste of most everything I love about Rush, Xanadu is a great candidate. Love La Villa too, but it's an instrumental. Xanadu has long instrumental passages but also has vocals.

They might have thought the overall pace was too slow for pinball compared to some other options; some pieces of Xanadu would work better than others.

#4779 2 years ago
Quoted from DrDQ:

It’s inspired from Hugh Syme’s Art of Rush Book.
Hugh was the artist for their albums, etc. [quoted image][quoted image]

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner! Thanks much. I have the book but haven't even had time to crack it open yet.

#4780 2 years ago
Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

I was thinking the other day that if I had to pick just one song that has at least a taste of most everything I love about Rush, Xanadu is a great candidate. Love La Villa too, but it's an instrumental. Xanadu has long instrumental passages but also has vocals.
They might have thought the overall pace was too slow for pinball compared to some other options; some pieces of Xanadu would work better than others.

Well, this guy knows something about music and agrees. I always thought it should be in the game, but perhaps it's too slow for pinball.

#4781 2 years ago

I finally figured out why I was never getting all the RUSH targets. The “U” was not registering. Ran a diagnostic and got an error message.My first machine so I really didn’t know what I was doing in diagnostics. Opened up the playfield and found a disconnected wire on the “U”. Need to solder it back. Have an old soldering iron but thought I’d get a new one. Any suggestions for best all around reasonably priced iron for working on a pin? Also if anyone knows what solder(s) they’re using on Rush or any other tips anyone has. Appreciate all the advice everyone shares on. the forum. Crazy how many problems I’ve had for a NIB machine. Fortunately most have been easy fixes tho.

#4782 2 years ago
Quoted from kmad:

I finally figured out why I was never getting all the RUSH targets. The “U” was not registering. Ran a diagnostic and got an error message.My first machine so I really didn’t know what I was doing in diagnostics. Opened up the playfield and found a disconnected wire on the “U”. Need to solder it back. Have an old soldering iron but thought I’d get a new one. Any suggestions for best all around reasonably priced iron for working on a pin? Also if anyone knows what solder(s) they’re using on Rush or any other tips anyone has. Appreciate all the advice everyone shares on. the forum. Crazy how many problems I’ve had for a NIB machine. Fortunately most have been easy fixes tho.

I have a Weller P51 soldering station that has lasted me for well over a decade (maybe two?). I think this is the replacement version that's about $100 for the soldering station:

https://www.amazon.com/Weller-WE1010NA-Digital-Soldering-Station/dp/B077JDGY1J/

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4783 2 years ago

hakko makes a good soldering iron that's reasonably priced as well but the weller that pinmonk referenced is a great iron
https://www.amazon.com/Hakko-FX888D-23BY-Digital-Soldering-Station/dp/B00ANZRT4M/ref=sr_1_2

#4784 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

My story is I got into pinball 2 plus years ago .WOZRR was my first purchase (won 9k on a 10$ draftkings bet ) with the pre meditated plan to ease my family in because I kinda knew what was happening .It was incredible ….for a couple of weeks .Then IMDN was our 2nd and as of today is a 2/1 favorite to be the last to leave .Blah Blah Blah Yadda Yadda pins moving in/out then finally got my chance at a Met prem !! Whoa !!!!! Holy fing shit this 2 flipper pin is pure adrenalin with its North/South play !!!! I had a Met pro previous to WOZ but was only selling it for a friend and I was on pinside at this point and knew I wanted the prem. His machine was routed to the tune of 5k plays all stock and I unfortunately sold it for 4200 because I was a newb that was only talking to flippers locally that we’re offering 3900 .Whatever , live and learn .Sooooo then after some time Rush is announced .My first song learned on guitar was working man ,had they’re first 5 albums as a youngster , maybe my first concert(I was maybe 12 , my cousin was taking me to many ) with them opening for Kiss (lmfao ,Rush opening for Kiss) .All this being said I 100% agree with Gryszzz I’m not ready to say it’s my all time favorite , buuuuuttttt I am playing it more than any pin I’ve ever had .Actually what I just said explains RUSH to me .They are without doubt the most talented band I’ve ever listened to ,but do not get what they deserve because of who they are ! Down to earth , never bending to the man , never bending to the fans , stick to who you are ,keep working beyond ,family first type of dudes and I fucking love that about them ! Put it this way ,I sold my DP prem and GNR LE to purchase this Rush LE and deposit on GZ prem and I’m never looking back !Never !!!
[quoted image]

Awesome collection and story!

#4785 2 years ago
Quoted from the_carmanizer:

I discovered that my ceiling is too low to tilt the playfield onto the back of the machine. The wife and I had to work in tandem with one another - one holding the playfield up while the other removed/installed the parts. What an ordeal. If anyone knows of work-arounds with the ceiling issue please let me know. The only option I can think of is a hydraulic table (remove legs and lower machine). I was hoping to buy Expression Lighting when it's available, but I don't know how I'm going to possibly remove the playfield.

I usually wedge a 3-4 foot long piece of 2x4 between the cash box and the rail under the playfield in this situation. I have an issue where framing around duct work in my basement won't allow the playfield to lift all the way for a few of my machines. Just be really really careful it is secure.

#4786 2 years ago

I have a T-shirt that Geddy threw to me from one of his Driers. They tumbled in those driers the entire concert, then they tossed them to the crowd at the end of the show. It's a tie-dye with a hippie starman giving the peace sign.

#4787 2 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

... anyone else getting tired /ear fatigued with certain call outs? Namely Geddy Lee's " its 9am time to get up numbnuts." And Alex Lifeson " You owe me a quarter, and with interest, that's 2 quarters." And the monopoly money comment as well. Too many times for all of these through out the game. Would love a way to turn these lame ones off as there are better ones they do that aren't monotonously lame like these 2 are. And yes, I turned the humor call outs to the minimum and still it had no effect. - long time Rush fan since the early 80s.

I happen to LOVE the callouts! For me it's part of what makes Rush Rush. That being said, in the "Rush" menu, there is a setting to change how frequently you hear certain callouts (humor). Mine is set to frequent. I wish there was an even more than frequent setting.
! Because of the frequent setting maybe, I hear a lot of different callouts, some only one ever! Some a little more repetitive. If you don't have this "dialed down," maybe try that first. If you DO have it dialed back for a while, maybe go crazy and try "frequent" and see if it adds to the variation? Let us knew what you find. Mine is firmly set on the highest setting.

#4788 2 years ago

Started making light up dice for the lock lights!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1167-gameroom-mods/06718-lighted-dice

19BD5721-A476-408A-9106-1CEE7A1FD7DC (resized).jpeg19BD5721-A476-408A-9106-1CEE7A1FD7DC (resized).jpeg391F98A2-B330-4531-BE01-79AE28568687 (resized).jpeg391F98A2-B330-4531-BE01-79AE28568687 (resized).jpeg
#4789 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

They did a 12" single of Cignus X-1 for record store day a couple years ago - that was the cover art.

RSD_Cygnus_cover (resized).jpegRSD_Cygnus_cover (resized).jpeg
#4790 2 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Replaced the stock speakers on my LE with some Alpine S-S50 speakers recommended in the DIY thread and holy cow, what a difference. The midrange is back! I can hear Neil’s drums again!
Coupled with the Kliptch 12” sub and the results are nothing short of spectacular.

I wonder if the LE’s upgraded amplifier is needed to realize the benefit of those Alpines. I may just go with a full PinWoofer kit on my Premium.

#4791 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I wonder if the LE’s upgraded amplifier is needed to realize the benefit of those Alpines. I may just go with a full PinWoofer kit on my Premium.

There's no upgraded amp, just the speakers.

#4792 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

These dice lights are awesome! Where'd you get clear dice? What size hole? What glue? Details!

Thanks!

#4793 2 years ago

As a first time pin owner reading this thread has been a great resource. I've always wanted a pin and so when I decided that this was the time I Googled new 2022 pinball machines and low and behold the first thing that popped up was Stern's new RUSH pin. Since both my brother and good friend who have since passed were huge RUSH fans I decided it was meant to be. It was January and I called my closest distro and they had the Prem Rush I was looking to purchase. 3 months later I went and picked it up and have been playing it every day. I couldn't be happier and it seems that I picked a good time to buy one because the posts seem to be mostly positive except for the massive scoop issue.

Until I started slogging through this thread I never realized that modding pinball machines was a thing and how passionate people were about their machines. It was amazing to see so many people pumping out decorative and functional mods. After I finished reading all 95 pages I purchased the NinjaCamp scoop protector and the RUSH Color Bracket Set to fix and enhance my pin. Can't wait till they arrive.

As a new pin owner I do have a couple questions and issues.
What power setting do you have on your flippers? Since it went to numbers I have no clue.
Do you hear a loud pop occasionally when the REPLAY screen comes up or on High Score? I think it's the sound file, hopefully they fix it.
What universal parts should I have on hand to fix things or are most things readily available?
I read you should inspect and replace balls. What balls are good for this pin?

Probably more questions to come as I discover this new hobby. Thanks in advance for the help now and in the future!

#4794 2 years ago
Quoted from chaosmuffin:

Do you hear a loud pop occasionally when the REPLAY screen comes up or on High Score? I think it's the sound file, hopefully they fix it.
What universal parts should I have on hand to fix things or are most things readily available?
I read you should inspect and replace balls. What balls are good for this pin?

the stern "screech" has been in their software since the physical knocker was removed from their games almost 20 years ago. unfortunately, it's here to stay. most people disable it. you can hardwire a [real] knocker solenoid back into your game and enable that from the settings, should you choose.

you will probably want to have the bare minimum on hand:
- a replacement set of rubber for the slings. many people, myself included, will swap out the all of the rubber before playing the first game on the machine and go with something like titan pinball's silicone bands which hold up a lot better and are easy to clean.
- coil stops. stern has cheapened the BOM for many of their parts and the coil stops are no exception. I recently installed a ninjacamp protector on a rush LE on route and the amount of [gold dust] found in the bottom of the cabinet and on the coinbox lid would make a prospector beam with glee. the coil stops that pinball life sell appear to hold up much better for a much longer period of time.
- coil sleeves. the heat the coil generate seem to break down the sleeves at an accelerated rate. having a couple extra to easily swap out when you need to is better than waiting a week for them to arrive and having a game unplayable.

personally, I never take the balls that a company supplies with their machine out of the bag they come in. like many other components, the pinball manufacturers do not include "premium" pin balls in with their games. ball baron sells pin balls with a high hardness rating and wonderful polish on them. for a game like rush that uses magnets, you'll want to steer away from the chrome ninja balls and use their polaris carbon-steel balls.

#4795 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Get the pinwoofer system I have mine already and no pin yet lol. I’m ready when I does come in also did the speakerlight kit

03910907-B389-4A76-B7B1-247C133BBCE1 (resized).jpeg03910907-B389-4A76-B7B1-247C133BBCE1 (resized).jpeg
#4796 2 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

you can hardwire a [real] knocker solenoid

I have a pile of parts, but no game yet. I did order "Real Knocker Kit For Stern SPIKE/SPIKE 2" from Pinball LIfe https://www.pinballlife.com/real-knocker-kit-for-stern-spikespike-2.html?Category_Code=

Fifty bucks.

#4797 2 years ago
Quoted from jpc211245:

After about 225 plays I noticed one of the Blue Time machine ramp bumpers is about to fail. I’m sure it’s normal wear accelerated by my constant bricking. [quoted image][quoted image]

Maybe I missed something, but did you get this addressed by Stern, and if so, what was their response/solution? Also, I know many if you are using the Ninja protector, but has anyone went with the Mantis or Cliffy kit yet (if that's available...), and if so, how are those doing? I finally got my LE back from Stern after being speared by a forklift with R/L Carriers during shipping. 5 weeks waiting for the repair, tough to be patient!

#4798 2 years ago
Quoted from CrashJT:

These dice lights are awesome! Where'd you get clear dice? What size hole? What glue? Details!
Thanks!

I did the hayfarmer dice too

855A18BA-AE91-4F63-B355-AC1BE1A85ACB (resized).jpeg855A18BA-AE91-4F63-B355-AC1BE1A85ACB (resized).jpegB43C922F-02E1-49A2-8F06-2A80ABDF1F37 (resized).jpegB43C922F-02E1-49A2-8F06-2A80ABDF1F37 (resized).jpeg
#4799 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I did the hayfarmer dice too[quoted image][quoted image]

photos arent as good as in person

#4800 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

photos arent as good as in person

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 16.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 42.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Cabinet - Other
WilliPinball Mods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 194.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,884 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/96 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.