IMG_6410 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2562 (resized).jpg
IMG_2578 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2574 (resized).jpeg
20240322_163542 (resized).jpg
20240322_163631 (resized).jpg
20240319_194137 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,878 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 358.
#4601 2 years ago
20220404_200957 (resized).jpg20220404_200957 (resized).jpg20220404_201001 (resized).jpg20220404_201001 (resized).jpg20220405_073746 (resized).jpg20220405_073746 (resized).jpg20220405_073748 (resized).jpg20220405_073748 (resized).jpg
#4602 2 years ago

Got a new Rush Pro here and trying to set the pop bumpers solenoid power down a tad.
I don't see a setting in Adjustments anywhere. Found Slings, Trough Shooter, etc but not the Pops.
Is that setting "fixed"?
Thanks.
CuJo

#4603 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

anyone suggest a Ninja protector color suited best for an LE that has not been unboxed yet? cheers

Classy Bastille Black

DSC06355 (resized).JPGDSC06355 (resized).JPGDSC06360 (resized).JPGDSC06360 (resized).JPG
#4604 2 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

I'm getting VUK area rejects 25% of the time on my LE. Anyone else and if so, any advice to improve this?
Edit: Ninjacamp's "Duckbilled Vukypus" (or DBV) looks like a great solution as I was just reading about their solution to this issue after I posted this.

This was my solution. Ugly, but mostly invisible and 90% effective. The goal is to disrupt the path of the ball so that it rattles around and settles down into the VUK. It’s just a piece of zip-tie in some Mylar. You could also just fold up another piece of Mylar several times to create the bump.

61676B74-45C3-441C-B3ED-8B4EDCEF5EC6 (resized).jpeg61676B74-45C3-441C-B3ED-8B4EDCEF5EC6 (resized).jpeg

#4605 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

It's like my very own RUSH laundromat lol

That reminds me of the coolest breakfast joint in San Francisco. It has been 5-7 years.

Great breakfast, laundromat, live music at night, a few pins. All crammed in there. I would go to conferences, and walk down there to do laundry and play.

#4606 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

anyone suggest a Ninja protector color suited best for an LE that has not been unboxed yet? cheers

I went with black - just ordered for my pro.

It doesn't really need to match anything and it had a good look IMO.

#4607 2 years ago

there is no wrong color obviously the both look great! Before I order as need the cliffys anyway can anyone confirm the scoop cliffys are not holding up and you need the Ninja? Thanks

#4608 2 years ago

Just installed Ninja Black on LE this morning- Looks Awesome!!

IMG_0773 (resized).jpegIMG_0773 (resized).jpeg
#4609 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

there is no wrong color obviously the both look great! Before I order as need the cliffys anyway can anyone confirm the scoop cliffys are not holding up and you need the Ninja? Thanks

Well, Cliffy himself states that the main scoop protector isn't holding up as much as he had hoped. That was a good enough testimonial for me.

#4610 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Personally, I'm a fan of the black. I like the way it blends into the outline on the art. And it still has some sparkly shine to it so it catches the light. But others are loving the gray/silver look. It's all personal taste!

#4611 2 years ago
Quoted from OutpostKodelia:

Personally, I'm a fan of the black. I like the way it blends into the outline on the art. And it still has some sparkly shine to it so it catches the light. But others are loving the gray/silver look. It's all personal taste!

I want gold. Everything in the artwork around there is outlined in gold, so it makes sense to have the protector in gold too, outlining the scoop. I asked about this early on, but Ninja's swamped with orders so (last we spoke) they didn't have time to experiment with new colors, so I'm at the back of the line

#4612 2 years ago

Ugh. Im in the middle of installing my ninja scoop on my LE. Was putting posts back in. Dropped tool….first time ive ever messed up a playfield. Chipped a small area near the inner ramp. You wont be able to see it from the players perspective, but i know its there. Ugh. Im an idiot. I put a small piece of mylar on it. I guess thats all i can do?

#4613 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Ugh. Im in the middle of installing my ninja scoop on my LE. Was putting posts back in. Dropped tool….first time ive ever messed up a playfield. Chipped a small area near the inner ramp. You wont be able to see it from the players perspective, but i know its there. Ugh. Im an idiot. I put a small piece of mylar on it. I guess thats all i can do?

Clear nail polish works, too.

#4614 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Thx. But if i already mylar for now im good to go?

#4615 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

You are good, but damn nail polish works well!

#4616 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

You are good, but damn nail polish works well!

Ok. Good to know for next time. Its not like nail polish would conceal it! Luckily its tucked behind the scoop and not visible. Im so careless. Lesson learned

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4617 2 years ago

Not if it took the paint when damaged, but it does get into the surrounding area and bond which should protect it from further problems ....and theres always felt pens when dried!

#4618 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Yeah, mylar should be fine. When it nicks through to the wood you can use a matching paint pen (practice off the machine first, they can be awkward to use) to fill in the chip so the chipped area showing wood blends with the art and doesn't stand out as a wood-colored point in the middle of color art. Then let it dry, then mylar or nail polish.

#4619 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, mylar should be fine. When it nicks through to the wood you can use a matching paint pen (practice off the machine first, they can be awkward to use) to fill in the chip so it blended with the art and doesn't stand out as a wood-colored point in the middle of color art. Then let it dry, then mylar or nail polish.

Ok good point. How to get the mylar off?

Also used your pre cut mylar around drains. Fit perfect

#4620 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Ok good point. How to get the mylar off?
Also used your pre cut mylar around drains. Fit perfect

You just have to peel it from the edges. If it's a small piece, warming the area gently with a hair dryer (not too hot or too long) can make it easier to remove. You might have sticky residue to deal with, but goo gone can take care of that if necessary.

#4621 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I'm a fan of the black protector. It matches the outline painted on the playfield and the plastics of the nearby drop targets. I haven't seen a silver installed in person yet (will later this week) but I went with black and don't regret it. Probably just want to go through the gallery for this thread and decide what you like more.

#4622 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I hate when that sh!t happens. Just let it go, you have a Rush pinball machine!!! It's all good, everything else is 1st world problems and no worries since your a New World Man!

#4623 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

We've all been there. Don't sweat it. In just a few days you won't care that much. Play it and forget it.

#4624 2 years ago

Silver TPU before it is all put back together…

C99C668B-0801-4DDC-BE46-ED6D0907D841 (resized).jpegC99C668B-0801-4DDC-BE46-ED6D0907D841 (resized).jpeg
#4625 2 years ago
Quoted from hawknole:

Silver TPU before it is all put back together…

Thanks for the photo. I think the grey looks sharp. Black is real nice as well.

#4626 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I was told that nail polish yellows over time...and that was by someone who knows his playfields. (But I won't name him in case that info is incorrect!)

#4627 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I was told that nail polish yellows over time...and that was by someone who knows his playfields. (But I won't name him in case that info is incorrect!)

Never had Sally Hansen's hard as nails crystal nail polish yellow on any of mine, but maybe over decades?

#4628 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Never had Sally Hansen's hard as nails crystal nail polish yellow on any of mine, but maybe over decades?

My teeth can verify this. Everything yellows over decades.

#4629 2 years ago

I hate to interrupt the scoopfest, but…

Damn this is such a fine game! I’ve always been a big John Borg fan, but this layout has rocketed to #1 in my Borg collection (MET, AS, TWD, Rush). I’m gonna say it…it’s better than Godzilla. Music is better than any rock pin Stern has ever made (I may be biased). The FLOW, my god it’s so good. It has me looking side-eye at Aerosmith, which I still love. Seems like the right ramp and the shot through the pops are just a bit easier on Rush? And I can reliably hold up the upper flipper to make the upper scoop, so satisfying. There’s not a single shot on this game that makes me mad.

I’m going to put in my reviews of Pro, Premium and LE now. This game deserves to live in the top ten for a long damned time!

#4630 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Damn this is such a fine game! I’ve always been a big John Borg fan, but this layout has rocketed to #1 in my Borg collection (MET, AS, TWD, Rush). I’m gonna say it…it’s better than Godzilla. Music is better than any rock pin Stern has ever made (I may be biased). The FLOW, my god it’s so good. It has me looking side-eye at Aerosmith, which I still love. Seems like the right ramp and the shot through the pops are just a bit easier on Rush? And I can reliably hold up the upper flipper to make the upper scoop, so satisfying. There’s not a single shot on this game that makes me mad.
I’m going to put in my reviews of Pro, Premium and LE now. This game deserves to live in the top ten for a long damned time!

Exactly!
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

#4631 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Nevus and I talked to Borg at TPF and personally thanked him for such a great game.

#4632 2 years ago

I think GZ is better, but it's my favorite machine in my collection by far. Never wanted to keep playing 3 weeks in like this.
SO FREAKIN GOOD!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4633 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Nevus and I talked to Borg at TPF and personally thanked him for such a great game.

I had the privilege of thanking Lyman for Metallica when it first came out (before the Crank It Up modes, even!). We were in the same hotel for PAPA. I kept it short, and I know by his smile that it made him happy to hear that.

#4634 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I think GZ is better

I’ll have my GZ Premium in 2023 Like you said, it’s a great time to be live, and the best time for pinball IMHO.

#4635 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Godzilla is an absolutely incredible layout, but it does have a few things that annoy the crap out of me, like the right outlane area and the constant danger you get from a shot coming around the pop. I can't think of a similar defect on Rush - the layout is just perfect and every shot is satisfying. It truly is a Borg greatest hits layout and has improved on many of his past great titles. It is my #1 Borg as well.

The fact that it is Rush, my grail theme, is icing on the cake.

Regarding it living in the top ten for a long time, I don't think that is going to happen. Too many people hate Rush (i.e. Geddy's voice) and are on a mission to bring it down. Doesn't affect me at all - it is my favorite pin right now and I feel so fortunate to have gotten an LE. I can't think of a better title to go all out on.

By the way, think about how awesome it is that the past two Stern releases are two of the best machines they have EVER released. Nobody else can even compete in layout and rules. Some might have a better lightshow (debatable - Rush is awesome with EL), but when it comes to how they play you can't beat these modern Sterns.

#4636 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I had the privilege of thanking Lyman for Metallica when it first came out (before the Crank It Up modes, even!). We were in the same hotel for PAPA. I kept it short, and I know by his smile that it made him happy to hear that.

That is so awesome. Thanks for sharing.

#4637 2 years ago

Thanks everyone for the thoughts on the chip. Im still mad at myself, but your right its not a huge deal. Will only be a big deal if I choose to move it. Its not visable at all from the players perspective and doesnt effect anything. Pics below. I do think some sort of purple felt marker would help if I remove the Mylar.

this image is super blown up and taken from above. It cant be seen when you are manningthe flippers.

20220405_200717957_iOS (resized).jpg20220405_200717957_iOS (resized).jpg
#4638 2 years ago

Well, been playing the crap out of this pin and loving the game play now that 90% of the protection has been installed thanks to Ninjacamp and the fellers over at playfieldprotector.com.
That being said, anyone else getting tired /ear fatigued with certain call outs? Namely Geddy Lee's " its 9am time to get up numbnuts." And Alex Lifeson " You owe me a quarter, and with interest, that's 2 quarters." And the monopoly money comment as well. Too many times for all of these through out the game. Would love a way to turn these lame ones off as there are better ones they do that aren't monotonously lame like these 2 are. And yes, I turned the humor call outs to the minimum and still it had no effect. - long time Rush fan since the early 80s.

#4639 2 years ago

As much as I love the guys, I would have to agree. I’d actually like to hear a LOT more of Ed as the 2112 voice, with Alex and Geddy being used more as color commentators.

#4640 2 years ago

I agree, Rush is a blast and has some very satisfying shots. The only one I haven’t figured out is the left lock for free will multiball. Is there a safe way to shoot that shot?

#4641 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I’ll have my GZ Premium in 2023 Like you said, it’s a great time to be live, and the best time for pinball IMHO.

Getting in line with JJ for a GZ premium myself. Don't care about the wait.
I'll just keep smiling and playing Rush for the next year.

#4642 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Thanks everyone for the thoughts on the chip. Im still mad at myself, but your right its not a huge deal. Will only be a big deal if I choose to move it. Its not visable at all from the players perspective and doesnt effect anything. Pics below. I do think some sort of purple felt marker would help if I remove the Mylar.
this image is super blown up and taken from above. It cant be seen when you are manningthe flippers.
[quoted image]

No big deal man CHIN UP CHAMP

#4643 2 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

The only one I haven’t figured out is the left lock for free will multiball. Is there a safe way to shoot that shot?

No safe way, but it’s basically a pseudo-Shatz from the tip of the right flipper.

#4644 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

If it’s not too late, get a powerful flashlight and see if you can find the chip that came out. Then put the chip under mylar. Appreciate the heads up, I will add mylar there.

#4645 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Some might have a better lightshow (debatable - Rush is awesome with EL), but when it comes to how they play you can't beat these modern Sterns.

I just never got into the gameplay for GNR. The spotlights are next-level, but I’d still rather play 10 games of Rush instead of 1 game of GNR.

#4646 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

If it’s not too late, get a powerful flashlight and see if you can find the chip that came out. Then put the chip under mylar. Appreciate the heads up, I will add mylar there.

i have the chip. it came out perfectly. You are saying I should just line it up and mylar it?

#4647 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

[quoted image]

It's not so bad! I'd pull the mylar, throw some color down and remylar. Vic has an amazing play field restoration thread, although it's just a spot, there is great advice on touching up play fields!

#4648 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

i have the chip. it came out perfectly. You are saying I should just line it up and mylar it?

Yes! I had a similar mishap with a CPR Whirlwind playfield (fortunately very hidden from the player). I superglued the chip, and added mylar.

#4649 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

By the way, think about how awesome it is that the past two Stern releases are two of the best machines they have EVER released. Nobody else can even compete in layout and rules.

I agree. Golden age of pinball IMO. Newer Sterns were not my first purchase but they were largely responsible for bringing me back to the hobby.

Rush is my first NIB and Godzilla with some luck will be #2.

#4650 2 years ago

Look let's not get all fuckin crazy here lol
MET is Borgs best work and ranks in the top 3 of all time for me.
BUT...I don't play it that much anymore

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Sanford, NC
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blaine, WASHINGTON
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 210.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 17,878 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/93 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.